PDA

View Full Version : 2019 Recruiting Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32

BankerDog
01-26-2019, 10:20 AM
Getsy was just named the QB coach for the Packers. That?s a pretty big deal..maybe he should?ve been coaching QBs this past year.

confucius say
01-26-2019, 10:30 AM
Getsy was just named the QB coach for the Packers. That?s a pretty big deal..maybe he should?ve been coaching QBs this past year.

At the request of one Aaron Rodgers too.

msstate7
01-26-2019, 10:43 AM
At the request of one Aaron Rodgers too.

Getsy beware...

https://ftw.usatoday.com/2018/12/green-bay-packers-mike-mccarthy-fired-aaron-rdogers-prima-donna-mark-chmura-audio

https://www.businessinsider.com/aaron-rodgers-ignored-mike-mccarthy-calls-packers-2019-1

I wish nothing but the worst for the packers. McCarthy is a good coach. The cowboys should be begging him to come

Bdawg
01-26-2019, 11:17 AM
Question: If Young signs with us, did we out recruit Bama or did Bama let him go? I guess what I'm also saying is, does Bama still really want him or are they still figuring spots out between recruits. I'm sure Baker makes a significant difference too. Just trying to feel out how Bama is treating Young down the stretch.

Ifyouonlyknew
01-26-2019, 11:36 AM
Question: If Young signs with us, did we out recruit Bama or did Bama let him go? I guess what I'm also saying is, does Bama still really want him or are they still figuring spots out between recruits. I'm sure Baker makes a significant difference too. Just trying to feel out how Bama is treating Young down the stretch.

Bama wants Byron.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
01-26-2019, 11:41 AM

Why do you think the Baker rumors started? Saban definitely wants Young and knows he is slipping away.

Bothrops
01-26-2019, 12:25 PM
That LSU visit has me most concerned about Young.

Bdawg
01-26-2019, 02:44 PM
Why do you think the Baker rumors started? Saban definitely wants Young and knows he is slipping away.

That's fine and I hope he slips all the way to Starkville. It's just the talk earlier was Bama may or may not take him and that's why we got in it. Couldn't remember if it was his decision or Bama's to not sign early. Hope
We bring him home however we can, though.

BuckyIsAB****
01-26-2019, 03:03 PM

Sounds like he kissed Aaron Rodgers ass enough to get the job. Not impressed

Goldendawg
01-26-2019, 05:44 PM
It wasn't "over signing" per se... It was "processing", only 45 years early... And Dodd lost the "140 vote" 11-1.

MSU also voted against a change of the rule.

You're right about "processing" 45 years ago. bama was oversigning by massive amounts and then making cuts, per se. I read about it somewhere but thought the vote against the change only passed by the bama vote, guess I was wrong. GT and Tulane really made a mistake getting out.Most folks don't even know where Sewannee (sp?) is , much less that they were in the SEC. I still don't think Mo is a good fit at all today.

Dawgology
01-26-2019, 07:32 PM
You're right about "processing" 45 years ago. bama was oversigning by massive amounts and then making cuts, per se. I read about it somewhere but thought the vote against the change only passed by the bama vote, guess I was wrong. GT and Tulane really made a mistake getting out.Most folks don't even know where Sewannee (sp?) is , much less that they were in the SEC. I still don't think Mo is a good fit at all today.

Agreed. I thought a North Carolina team made more sense than MO.

ShotgunDawg
01-26-2019, 10:43 PM
Not sure if it matters, but I'm glad the croots got to be a part of that basketball atmosphere tonight

MetEdDawg
01-26-2019, 10:46 PM
Jaquelin Roy. Anyone know anything about him? I might be reading a little much into this but he's currently committed to LSU. Tweeted out that he's got a big announcement coming and Bulldog Recruiting liked the tweet.

Any chance he decommits and we get in the mix?

msstate7
01-26-2019, 10:49 PM
Jaquelin Roy. Anyone know anything about him? I might be reading a little much into this but he's currently committed to LSU. Tweeted out that he's got a big announcement coming and Bulldog Recruiting liked the tweet.

Any chance he decommits and we get in the mix?

From Baton Rouge. Yeah, I'm doubtful

Dawg-gone-dawgs
01-26-2019, 10:57 PM

Any chance he decommits and we get in the mix? Bulldog Recruiting on Twitter is a fan page not official

ShotgunDawg
01-27-2019, 09:52 AM
Apparently Byron Young's visit has consisted of laying in the hotel room sick.

RezDog7
01-27-2019, 10:02 AM

Saban must have given him the flu to keep him from enjoying his visit.

msstate7
01-27-2019, 10:02 AM
Did we get him homemade chicken noodle soup and top notch medical care? Need to make sure he's good to go for LSU visit next week to have the time of his life**

msstate7
01-27-2019, 10:03 AM
Saban must have given him the flu to keep him from enjoying his visit.

Baker working under cover**

It's a joke guys...

Bothrops
01-27-2019, 12:40 PM
I suspect Young stays with Bama now that Baker was offered. Mission accomplished, Saban. LSU may or may not get a visit. Can anyone verify if he was actually sick during visit here?

Speaking of visits, have me made any inroads with the latest uncommitted batch in Starkville?

sscjr1
01-27-2019, 01:44 PM
Rosebowl with the CB for Mingo

BuckyIsAB****
01-27-2019, 01:50 PM

Bold move the day after he took a visit to OM

Bothrops
01-27-2019, 02:12 PM

Probably just a momentary swing, due to the unsettling of things.

MetEdDawg
01-27-2019, 02:14 PM
We've done what we needed to in order to have a chance at Mingo. We worked him, hired Johnson quickly, and now we've got a good chance at him.

Really Clark?
01-27-2019, 02:20 PM
Probably just a momentary swing, due to the unsettling of things.

Pretty unusual swing right after visiting the team he is committed to. Usual the high is with the school you just visited.

Bothrops
01-27-2019, 03:17 PM
So are we going to get through the weekend with no commits? If so, it makes you wonder about other potential options coming along for the uncommitted guys between now and NSD.

Ifyouonlyknew
01-27-2019, 03:31 PM
So are we going to get through the weekend with no commits? If so, it makes you wonder about other potential options coming along for the uncommitted guys between now and NSD.

None of the guys were expected to commit publicly this weekend.

sscjr1
01-27-2019, 04:15 PM

The bigger question is are we going to make it through the weekend without losing any more coaches?

KOdawg1
01-27-2019, 06:18 PM
Highly unlikely we get Young now. But the CB for Mingo is interesting, and the OM people are for sure nervous.

While it would've been nice to get Young, he wasn't a must-have. We've got players on the DL. We NEED Jonathan Mingo.

msbulldog
01-27-2019, 06:56 PM
I guess I missed it somewhere, did Baker accept the job?

msstate7
01-27-2019, 07:01 PM
I guess I missed it somewhere, did Baker accept the job?

Yes, he gone

Hambone
01-27-2019, 07:01 PM
Yes

msbulldog
01-27-2019, 07:08 PM
Yes, he gone

Thanks for the reply 7 and Hambone.

SilentSteel16
01-27-2019, 10:40 PM
I think we are good with Pickering

Cooterpoot
01-27-2019, 10:46 PM
Pickering is good. Wouldn’t be surprised if he sleeps in this weekend. He’s not happy with Baker.

Bothrops
01-28-2019, 01:26 AM
Hope this year's Mississippi class doesn't start a new trend of kids wanting to leave the state.

Todd4State
01-28-2019, 01:44 AM
Hope this year's Mississippi class doesn't start a new trend of kids wanting to leave the state.

I hope that was a combination of Moorhead being an unknown, Ole Miss being on probation and down, and coincidence.

The biggest criticism I have right now is us not going after Raydarious Jones in light of the DB de-commits because it would have helped our rating and also may have helped us with Nakobe Dean.

It seems to me like we are off to a much stronger start in 2020 with the in state players. That is encouraging to me.

ZedFedder
01-28-2019, 07:45 AM
Yeah, the 2020 class is off to a great start. Speaking of, where do we sir with McKinley Jackson.

ShotgunDawg
01-28-2019, 08:03 AM

It's scary. Bama and Auburn have recruited lights out in MS this year. Not sure why

msstate7
01-28-2019, 08:04 AM
2020 has 7 4-stars vs 16 this year. Looks like state and om will get 3 each. Going by CBs, we don't look to be much of a factor for Jackson. Really early though...

ShotgunDawg
01-28-2019, 08:04 AM
Yeah, the 2020 class is off to a great start. Speaking of, where do we sir with McKinley Jackson.

2019 started off well also until Moore turned into a turd and everyone decommitted

ShotgunDawg
01-28-2019, 08:06 AM
2020 has 7 4-stars vs 16 this year. Looks like state and om will get 3 each. Going by CBs, we don't look to be much of a factor for Jackson. Really early though...

Yeah. In order to have a good class in 2020, Moorhead will have to recruit much better than he did this year.

ZedFedder
01-28-2019, 08:57 AM
A lot of the 4 stars in MS this year were three stars originally. We may end up with more than you think.

MetEdDawg
01-28-2019, 08:59 AM
Yeah. In order to have a good class in 2020, Moorhead will have to recruit much better than he did this year.

This is incorrect. He has recruited exceedingly well. Hell, not only has he had to deal with Bama coming in to take players, but they are coming in and taking coaches. Bama is a machine that we cannot expect to control currently.

Mullen and company screws this class up royally. Moorhead will finish us in the Top 25.

MetEdDawg
01-28-2019, 09:01 AM
A lot of the 4 stars in MS this year were three stars originally. We may end up with more than you think.

Will Rogers isn't even rated on 247 right now. That will change. He will be a 4 star by the time it's done.

Ari Gold
01-28-2019, 09:53 AM
Charles Cross was an unknown this time last year.. 2020 class won’t have the star power 2019 did but there will be lots of talent there ..

ShotgunDawg
01-28-2019, 09:56 AM
Charles Cross was an unknown this time last year.. 2020 class won’t have the star power 2019 did but there will be lots of talent there ..

Almost prefer there to be more unknowns that get better.

It allows MSU to get more of a head start. I think part of the issue in 2019 is that talent pool was so well publicized, that the out of state schools in someways got a head start on us due to coaching changes. The 2019 class was served on a silver platter to everyone in the country.

Gutter Cobreh
01-28-2019, 11:30 AM
Almost prefer there to be more unknowns that get better.

It allows MSU to get more of a head start. I think part of the issue in 2019 is that talent pool was so well publicized, that the out of state schools in someways got a head start on us due to coaching changes. The 2019 class was served on a silver platter to everyone in the country.

If they're unknown, they don't get evaluated and assigned a quality rating. If they aren't rated high, you melt because we're signing a bunch of 2-3 star unknown kids...

If they are known, they get evaluated and thus are assigned a respectful rating. If they decide to go outside of the state to play football because they're ranked high, you melt because other schools are "poaching" the in-state talent...

Either way, you melt so it's a win-win for you!!!

bulldawg28
01-28-2019, 11:44 AM
If they're unknown, they don't get evaluated and assigned a quality rating. If they aren't rated high, you melt because we're signing a bunch of 2-3 star unknown kids...

If they are known, they get evaluated and thus are assigned a respectful rating. If they decide to go outside of the state to play football because they're ranked high, you melt because other schools are "poaching" the in-state talent...

Either way, you melt so it's a win-win for you!!!

I'm going to start calling him "butter". His melt game is strong!

Scared_Hitless
01-28-2019, 12:08 PM
Any news from the weekend?

ShotgunDawg
01-28-2019, 12:11 PM

https://media1.tenor.com/images/07cb9439c1cd8466392af8f4500fb456/tenor.gif?itemid=11078192

KOdawg1
01-28-2019, 12:47 PM
Not really. We're racing towards the finish line with 3 flat tires.

Ifyouonlyknew
01-28-2019, 12:59 PM

Things went really well with Duncan Lockhart & Sanguinetti. Duncan will be in this class. I feel good about Lockhart but I do think he wants to know who his DL coach will be. Sanguinetti is ours if we want him. Feel good about Mingo & still feel pretty good on Ealy.

Ifyouonlyknew
01-28-2019, 01:01 PM
As of today which is scary to say with over a week left I'd say we finish with

Pickering
Walker
Payton
Cunningham
Duncan
Mingo
Ealy
Washington
Lockhart
Sanguinetti or Emerson
A couple grad transfers

Ari Gold
01-28-2019, 01:03 PM
Not really. We're racing towards the finish line with 3 flat tires.

No one was going to commit over the weekend ( at least not publicly )
The only bad news from this weekend was Baker leaving and BY not feeling well.

Ari Gold
01-28-2019, 01:04 PM

Pickering
Walker
Payton
Cunningham
Duncan
Mingo
Ealy
Washington
Lockhart
Sanguinetti or Emerson
A couple grad transfers

That one good tire must be one Helluva tire ... ****
I wouldn’t disagree with this list might be a little better than I would predict but I could see this happening 100%

KOdawg1
01-28-2019, 01:13 PM

Pickering
Walker
Payton
Cunningham
Duncan
Mingo
Ealy
Washington
Lockhart
Sanguinetti or Emerson
A couple grad transfers
Mingo would be an amazing get. I'm trying not to get my hopes up though lol

BeardoMSU
01-28-2019, 01:18 PM
I wouldn’t disagree with this list might be a little better than I would predict but I could see this happening 100%

So did the Young ship sail with Baker leaving?

HancockCountyDog
01-28-2019, 01:27 PM
I don't get information as much as the guys here - but I've been told by the same type people that told me Baker was gone last Friday - that Mingo is coming to MSU. I can't speak to anyone else, though I would say that if we don't land Pickering it will be the most surprised I have been in recruiting since we landed Simmons. I did not see that coming, and I don't see Pickering signing with anyone but us.

msbulldog
01-28-2019, 01:31 PM
I don't get information as much as the guys here - but I've been told by the same type people that told me Baker was gone last Friday - that Mingo is coming to MSU. I can't speak to anyone else, though I would say that if we don't land Pickering it will be the most surprised I have been in recruiting since we landed Simmons. I did not see that coming, and I don't see Pickering signing with anyone but us.

Thanks for that good news. +1

Gutter Cobreh
01-28-2019, 01:32 PM

It's a "may pop" tire; seen all over the great state of MS....

It may pop after signing day or before, but make no mistake - it seems the coaching staff are going to ride that puppy until she blows. For all our sanity, let's hope it lasts until Feb. 7th...

CadaverDawg
01-28-2019, 02:57 PM

Pickering
Walker
Payton
Cunningham
Duncan
Mingo
Ealy
Washington
Lockhart
Sanguinetti or Emerson
A couple grad transfers

I would take that finish in a damn heartbeat. Mingo would be really big for us...we desperately need a real deal WR that isn't a question mark out of Juco...Mingo would be that guy. Ealy would be unreal for our ranking, and if we somehow got him to campus would be one of our biggest signees ever I'd guess. What percentage would you put on him going to school if he signs with us?

CadaverDawg
01-28-2019, 03:08 PM
Why aren't we pushing more of these DB's to pull the trigger and commit? I feel like TBuck just can't seem to get these guys over the hump. We badly need Duncan to shut it down and commit. Sanguinetti too. We saw what happened when we weren't able to seal the deal with Brooks, James, and Emerson....do any of you know why we're having such trouble with that position this recruiting season?

Ifyouonlyknew
01-28-2019, 03:08 PM
I would take that finish in a damn heartbeat. Mingo would be really big for us...we desperately need a real deal WR that isn't a question mark out of Juco...Mingo would be that guy. Ealy would be unreal for our ranking, and if we somehow got him to campus would be one of our biggest signees ever I'd guess. What percentage would you put on him going to school if he signs with us?

On Ealy same as if he signs with Clemson 1%.

CadaverDawg
01-28-2019, 03:10 PM
On Ealy same as if he signs with Clemson 1%.

That's what I figured. Just wondering if anything had changed

Ifyouonlyknew
01-28-2019, 03:10 PM
Why aren't we pushing more of these DB's to pull the trigger and commit? I feel like TBuck just can't seem to get these guys over the hump. We badly need Duncan to shut it down and sign. Sanguinetti too. We saw what happened when we weren't able to seal the deal with Brooks, James, and Emerson....do any of you know why we're having such trouble with that position this recruiting season?

Neither was ever shutting it down this weekend. That was never the plan. If we want both we'll get both im not worried about that. Of course fans won't immediate gratification but with just over a week til signing day most of these kids are going to just wait & announce then even though their choices have been made.

CadaverDawg
01-28-2019, 03:15 PM
Neither was ever shutting it down this weekend. That was never the plan. If we want both we'll get both im not worried about that. Of course fans won't immediate gratification but with just over a week til signing day most of these kids are going to just wait & announce then even though their choices have been made.

I'm not basing it on the visits....I'm saying we have missed on 3 already, so why isn't it a "part of our plan" to get some guys we want to give us their commitment? In other words, I get what you're saying, but why is that our plan and why have we struggled closing the deal with DB's this year?

StarkVegasSteve
01-28-2019, 03:24 PM

Pickering
Walker
Payton
Cunningham
Duncan
Mingo
Ealy
Washington
Lockhart
Sanguinetti or Emerson
A couple grad transfers

That would be a ridiculous finish with Mingo and Ealy. I think any State fan would take it any day of the week.

msu15
01-28-2019, 03:54 PM
That would be a ridiculous finish with Mingo and Ealy. I think any State fan would take it any day of the week.

We'd finish around 15 in the composite....man after what we've been through with some kids this cycle I would take that in a heartbeat.

chef dixon
01-28-2019, 03:56 PM
So Young and Moore are gone with the wind officially?

msstate7
01-28-2019, 04:00 PM
We'd finish around 15 in the composite....man after what we've been through with some kids this cycle I would take that in a heartbeat.

That would be quite impressive

Ifyouonlyknew
01-28-2019, 04:19 PM
I'm not basing it on the visits....I'm saying we have missed on 3 already, so why isn't it a "part of our plan" to get some guys we want to give us their commitment? In other words, I get what you're saying, but why is that our plan and why have we struggled closing the deal with DB's this year?

Because a lot of these kids want to have "their day" on signing day. 2 of the 3 uncommitted kids (Lockhart & Duncan) had already said they're announcing on Signing Day.

ETA: also just because a kid hasn't publicly committed doesn't mean they haven't committed

Ifyouonlyknew
01-28-2019, 04:21 PM

I'm sure for every 1 I may get wrong I'm sure I'll be stoned.

Ifyouonlyknew
01-28-2019, 04:21 PM
So Young and Moore are gone with the wind officially?

Young yes pretty much. Charles nothing would surprise me with what he does.

Commercecomet24
01-28-2019, 04:24 PM
Young yes pretty much. Charles nothing would surprise me with what he does.

Yeah if Baker stayed Byron would've been ours, although it's not over yet. Shoop has been in contact and still communicating, just have to wait and see but I believe he's gone now.

Commercecomet24
01-28-2019, 04:24 PM

Man 99% accuracy will never be good enough on here lol!

msstate7
01-28-2019, 04:36 PM

Welcome to message boards... when you right, you're a genius; when you wrong, you a chump. Either way, keep swinging... be bold

PSYCHO(thesis)DEFENSE
01-28-2019, 05:31 PM
Are there any grad transfers on the radar besides the Penn St WR Johnson or are we waiting until signing day for names to pop up

Irondawg
01-28-2019, 06:05 PM
Yeah if Baker stayed Byron would've been ours, although it's not over yet. Shoop has been in contact and still communicating, just have to wait and see but I believe he's gone now.

We just gotta be able to sell the idea that he was never going to play for the same coach his whole time and see if we can sell the school and some relationships with other players. Probably isn't enough but it's all we got left

BuckyIsAB****
01-28-2019, 06:28 PM
We have our in home with Mingo tonight.

msstate7
01-28-2019, 06:31 PM
We have our in home with Mingo tonight.

Wasn't there talk of a Georgia visit? Is he gonna visit there or anywhere this week?

Commercecomet24
01-28-2019, 06:33 PM
We just gotta be able to sell the idea that he was never going to play for the same coach his whole time and see if we can sell the school and some relationships with other players. Probably isn't enough but it's all we got left

Yes that's the angle and Pickering and Cross are working on him too.

BuckyIsAB****
01-28-2019, 06:38 PM
Wasn't there talk of a Georgia visit? Is he gonna visit there or anywhere this week?

He is going to take a visit to UGA this weekend

msbulldog
01-28-2019, 07:04 PM

Nah IYOK, we appreciate your input.

msbulldog
01-28-2019, 07:08 PM

CC the thing that worry's me is BY got sick and left, has to make me wonder if he learned the news about Coach Baker and saw no sense in hanging around anymore.

Ifyouonlyknew
01-28-2019, 07:09 PM
CC the thing that worry's me is BY got sick and left, has to make me wonder if he learned the news about Coach Baker and saw no sense in hanging around anymore.

Naw Byron was really sick. He had to get an IV.

msbulldog
01-28-2019, 07:16 PM
Naw Byron was really sick. He had to get an IV.

O $hat! Bout our luck, happens at MSU, but damn HAIL STATE ANYWAY!

dawgday166
01-28-2019, 07:19 PM

Pretty sure Rosey said he decided to shut it down. I believe Mingo had said he needed to mull it all over. He had fun on his trip to MSU. It's us or OM now baby!!

Homedawg
01-28-2019, 07:33 PM
Pretty sure Rosey said he decided to shut it down. I believe Mingo had said he needed to mull it all over. He had fun on his trip to MSU. It's us or OM now baby!!

While I agree it's us or ole miss, I'm gonna go w Bucky on this one. At least at this point. He could change his mind and not go, and that wouldn't be a shock. However, Bucky knows more than the rocker at genes page on this one.

dawgday166
01-28-2019, 07:36 PM
While I agree it's us or ole miss, I'm gonna go w Bucky on this one. At least at this point. He could change his mind and not go, and that wouldn't be a shock. However, Bucky knows more than the rocker at genes page on this one.

Ok ... Now that I think on it, I believe Rosey did say he was thinking about not taking the trip and shutting it down to mull it over with his folks I believe. Bucky probably has more intel tho.

msbulldog
01-28-2019, 08:12 PM
Ok ... Now that I think on it, I believe Rosey did say he was thinking about not taking the trip and shutting it down to mull it over with his folks I believe. Bucky probably has more intel tho.

You are correct.

msstate7
01-28-2019, 08:16 PM
The consensus is that it's an om-state battle for mingo, but boy, I don't like smart getting the last visit.

chef dixon
01-28-2019, 08:19 PM
The consensus is that it's an om-state battle for mingo, but boy, I don't like smart getting the last visit.

I have no inside knowledge but nothing really leads me to believe UGA is a real factor

msstate7
01-28-2019, 08:23 PM
I have no inside knowledge but nothing really leads me to believe UGA is a real factor

Yeah, doesn't seem like they are. Still, smart is one hell of a recruiter. Most likely the consensus is right though

maroonmania
01-28-2019, 08:40 PM

Yep, they weren't supposed to be a factor for Emery either until he visited and committed. No, it didn't last but at this point we are only a week from signing day. Georgia is pulling out all the stops these days in recruiting.

the_real_MSU_is_us
01-28-2019, 10:13 PM

LOL last year he flipped a high 4* Michigan kid on Feb 7th after 1 visit. Flipped a 5* TN commit who was born and raised in Knoxville and grew up a Vol fan. Came out of left field for Emery (when all signs were good for us, mind you) and suddenly he's all UGA till LSU decided to get serious about him.

UGA gets who they want, or at least gets damn close to it.

Commercecomet24
01-28-2019, 11:25 PM

Byron has the flu. West Jones had over 100 kids out Thursday and Friday last week with it. That was legit

Cooterpoot
01-28-2019, 11:46 PM
Flu is spreading my way via West Jones. Already taking meds ahead of it.

BuckyIsAB****
01-29-2019, 12:48 AM
UGA would have been a factor to Mingo had they not put him as a backup plan. He didnt like it. Last I heard he was taking a visit though but I dont think he leaves the state

Jarius
01-29-2019, 01:20 AM
I will be surprised if he takes a visit to UGA. No telling with all of the pressure he's under though.

ShotgunDawg
01-29-2019, 01:54 AM

Just sickening. We always wondered what Simmons and Reaquon would've been like together and yet here we are again. Saban had a trick up his sleeve both times. Just sucks and frustrating

Bothrops
01-29-2019, 03:44 AM
I expect we will have a big surprise and a big let down before it's all finished.

Irondawg
01-29-2019, 09:19 AM
So are we thinking Young sticks with Bama now or moves over to LSU?

Commercecomet24
01-29-2019, 09:43 AM
So are we thinking Young sticks with Bama now or moves over to LSU?

Byron could very well wind up at lsu now, although we still have a glimmer of hope.

Doggie_Style
01-29-2019, 09:46 AM
I expect we will have a big surprise and a big let down before it's all finished.

Curious what your thoughts are here......The only 'big let down' would be losing Pickering (don't think that happens) and the only real surprise would be landing Young(don't think that happens either).

Cooterpoot
01-29-2019, 09:59 AM
Young, Ealy, Emerson, Washington, Mingo are the question marks. We'll know Emerson and Washington the next few days. Going to have to wait out Mingo, Ealy, and Young. Mingo looks like he's maybe slightly leaning our way. Ealy is a mystery, but I still think we get him "for some reason". Young is doubtful, but let's see who we hire on the DL this week.

Commercecomet24
01-29-2019, 10:02 AM
Flu is spreading my way via West Jones. Already taking meds ahead of it.

Stay ahead of it man, it's running rampant up here! Knock on wood, nobody in my family has come down with it yet(I probably just jinxed it).

Bodawg
01-29-2019, 11:31 AM
Stay ahead of it man, it's running rampant up here! Knock on wood, nobody in my family has come down with it yet(I probably just jinxed it).
My daughter works as a nurse at a clinic in Ellisvile. She said the flu went from 1 or 2 a day to 50 last Friday.

Doggie_Style
01-29-2019, 11:36 AM
My daughter works as a nurse at a clinic in Ellisvile. She said the flu went from 1 or 2 a day to 50 last Friday.

...and I guess all of this is relevant to recruiting because Byron Young has the flu?**

Bodawg
01-29-2019, 11:49 AM
Ellisvile is in central Jones county. West Jones is a part of Jones county. There seems to be a widespread flu outbreak in the county.

Dawgology
01-29-2019, 12:00 PM
Surprise we get Mingo. Let down either we lose Pickering or Ealy (for some unexplainable reason) goes to Ole Miss. Either of those would be a real WTF moment.

Cooterpoot
01-29-2019, 12:04 PM
Ealy is never playing college football, so whatever he does isn't going to bother me a bit. Pickering will be signing with us.

msstate7
01-29-2019, 12:04 PM
Surprise we get Mingo. Let down either we lose Pickering or Ealy (for some unexplainable reason) goes to Ole Miss. Either of those would be a real WTF moment.

Let us have mingo and they get ealy. I'd obviously prefer both, but give me the one that'll be here this fall

Commercecomet24
01-29-2019, 12:16 PM

Yeah it's like it just exploded. Crazy how fast it's spread. My oldest son is the translator at South Central Regional and handles all the urgent and immediate cares too and he's been working almost non stop since last week.

Jack Lambert
01-29-2019, 12:44 PM
Just sickening. We always wondered what Simmons and Reaquon would've been like together and yet here we are again. Saban had a trick up his sleeve both times. Just sucks and frustrating

Did Reaquon declare for the draft?

CadaverDawg
01-29-2019, 12:46 PM

I think he's returning since he didn't have a great year and his draft stock dropped...but I may be wrong. That's what I had heard like a month ago

HancockCountyDog
01-29-2019, 12:51 PM
Let us have mingo and they get ealy. I'd obviously prefer both, but give me the one that'll be here this fall

Ealy's signing is most likely for rankings only. Now, I have no problem signing him and taking the bump in rankings - kids care about where you finished in recruiting. Plus its good pub for our class next year that looks strong already.

CadaverDawg
01-29-2019, 12:53 PM
Ealy's signing is most likely for rankings only. Now, I have no problem signing him and taking the bump in rankings - kids care about where you finished in recruiting. Plus its good pub for our class next year that looks strong already.

100% agree

Leroy Jenkins
01-29-2019, 01:06 PM

Wouldn't that be a self-imposed scholly reduction of (1) because you can't offer anyone else if he signs?

HoopsDawg
01-29-2019, 01:10 PM
Wouldn't that be a self-imposed scholly reduction of (1) because you can't offer anyone else if he signs?

Yes, but we have the room.

msbulldog
01-29-2019, 01:10 PM
I think he's returning since he didn't have a great year and his draft stock dropped...but I may be wrong. That's what I had heard like a month ago

I think you right CDawg seems like I read that an SECrant.

msbulldog
01-29-2019, 01:13 PM

He might get tired of the minors and decide to come back to play football in the future. I think they have to hang for 3 years to get their guarantee money.

HancockCountyDog
01-29-2019, 01:26 PM
He might get tired of the minors and decide to come back to play football in the future. I think they have to hang for 3 years to get their guarantee money.

True - but if he does decided to come back and play football - he can go anywhere he wants. I would think he would go somewhere and try and play for one year and go to the NFL.

HancockCountyDog
01-29-2019, 01:28 PM

I think he heard 3rd or 4th round - that is a pay cut for Alabama players.

CadaverDawg
01-29-2019, 01:37 PM
Now that we are no longer even pursuing Charles Moore, does anybody have details on what the hell happened there? Where will he end up, Auburn?

Is it dumb for us to give up on a guy like that so close to Starkville? I know Tenn backed off, but AU Fla and LSU haven't. What gives? Weird recruitment with that dude

Doggie_Style
01-29-2019, 02:07 PM
Now that we are no longer even pursuing Charles Moore, does anybody have details on what the hell happened there? Where will he end up, Auburn?

Is it dumb for us to give up on a guy like that so close to Starkville? I know Tenn backed off, but AU Fla and LSU haven't. What gives? Weird recruitment with that dude

Someone on here claimed to have the inside story on Moore and promised to post it once he had signed. I for one would love to know what happened here.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
01-29-2019, 02:08 PM

I heard even Tennessee backed off. Must be something big

CadaverDawg
01-29-2019, 02:37 PM
Yancy is so odd. Says the "vibe" around Prep today is that Ealy is going to sign with Ole Miss. The vibe? What does that even mean? Ha Sounds like a desperate attempt to find something positive

Homedawg
01-29-2019, 02:54 PM
Yancy is so odd. Says the "vibe" around Prep today is that Ealy is going to sign with Ole Miss. The vibe? What does that even mean? Ha Sounds like a desperate attempt to find something positive

I get good about the situation, very good even, prior to losing Huff, don't know anymore.

MetEdDawg
01-29-2019, 03:17 PM

Are they out for snow? I know it reached down that far but I don't live in MS so I'm not sure. If so, would be damned odd for a place that's not in school to have a vibe.

jwells
01-29-2019, 03:26 PM
Are they out for snow? I know it reached down that far but I don't live in MS so I'm not sure. If so, would be damned odd for a place that's not in school to have a vibe.

Prep went it at 10 today, I work right down the street.

MetEdDawg
01-29-2019, 03:33 PM
Prep went it at 10 today, I work right down the street.

Good to know. Vibe of Ealy going to OM must have been all they could talk about with only going to school part of the day lol

msstate7
01-29-2019, 03:36 PM
Let me edit this...

If lebron James got paid by duke to sign, would it be an ncaa violation? Is it a violation even if the signee never becomes an ncaa athlete?

KOdawg1
01-29-2019, 03:37 PM

Yancy will say whatever to keep his subscribers happy. You should see when he posts bad news. "Yancy, I don't like this post."

If I ever have a slow day at work and need some funny entertainment, I read OM Spirit.

bulldawg28
01-29-2019, 03:54 PM
Let me edit this...

If lebron James got paid by duke to sign, would it be an ncaa violation? Is it a violation even if the signee never becomes an ncaa athlete?

I suspect it will be the same as an athlete taking the money and signing somewhere else.

Jack Lambert
01-29-2019, 04:24 PM
I noticed Mingo's crystal ball has changed from 100% Ole Miss to 83% Ole Miss 17% State. That means somebody who predicts knows something. He's been 100% since he committed to Ole Miss.

Really Clark?
01-29-2019, 04:25 PM
I noticed Mingo's crystal ball has changed from 100% Ole Miss to 83% Ole Miss 17% State. That means somebody who predicts knows something. He's been 100% since he committed to Ole Miss.

Steve CB’d to us this weekend

Todd4State
01-29-2019, 05:48 PM

Prep has had an Ole Miss "vibe" since they opened.**

Todd4State
01-29-2019, 05:49 PM

Since it's Yancy we all know it's BS anyway.

Todd4State
01-29-2019, 05:51 PM
Let me edit this...

It's moot because no matter how out of control boosters are they will never, ever, ever compete with MLB when it comes to money. You're talking about millionaires competing with billionaires who can legal offer money.

Pit Bull
01-29-2019, 06:29 PM
Yeah I agree with IYOK, it's probably gonna be split in recruiting. Neither side will dominate.

And for the younger Dogs' here......it didn't even used to be a 50/50 split among desirable recruits. Johnny Vaught & Co. used to dominate our ass for years and years. OM, I would dare say got about 90+% of the blue chip recruits up until about 1974. Then, we hired ex-ReBearShark coach Bob Tyler as our HC and he turned the recruiting tables on them from that point on. Very similar to the Ole Miss basketball coaching hire of Kermit Davis, Jr.....let's just hope Davis doesn't do the same thing for them in basketball that Tyler did for us in football. Since the Tyler era, recruiting has been back and forth a bit, with neither team dominating for any length of time. And I dont expect this to change.....we just need to get our share of instate talent, then search around for some out of state and JUCO talent to fill the holes.

msbulldog
01-29-2019, 06:47 PM
Yancy will say whatever to keep his subscribers happy. You should see when he posts bad news. "Yancy, I don't like this post."

If I ever have a slow day at work and need some funny entertainment, I read OM Spirit.

I read Spirit recruiting practically everyday, you got to reconnoiter the enemy and like KO said there are some on there that are so stupid it's hilarious.

Commercecomet24
01-29-2019, 07:04 PM
And for the younger Dogs' here......it didn't even used to be a 50/50 split among desirable recruits. Johnny Vaught & Co. used to dominate our ass for years and years. OM, I would dare say got about 90+% of the blue chip recruits up until about 1974. Then, we hired ex-ReBearShark coach Bob Tyler as our HC and he turned the recruiting tables on them from that point on. Very similar to the Ole Miss basketball coaching hire of Kermit Davis, Jr.....let's just hope Davis doesn't do the same thing for them in basketball that Tyler did for us in football. Since the Tyler era, recruiting has been back and forth a bit, with neither team dominating for any length of time. And I dont expect this to change.....we just need to get our share of instate talent, then search around for some out of state and JUCO talent to fill the holes.

Yeah vaught and bear used to take who they wanted and even ones they knew would never play for them. Times have changed.

yjnkdawg
01-29-2019, 07:07 PM

Yep, and back then that was where the OM Money Booster would tell a recruit "if the paper asks you anything about getting any money, tell them that you don't know a damn thing about any money". And this came from one of the Major OM Money Boosters, whose brother was one of my Dad's best friends.

Turfdawg67
01-29-2019, 07:36 PM
Yeah vaught and bear used to take who they wanted and even ones they knew would never play for them. Times have changed.

We are very lucky that OM isn't the Bama of Mississippi. They f*cked it up and so glad they did!

BuckyIsAB****
01-29-2019, 07:55 PM
We are very lucky that OM isn't the Bama of Mississippi. They f*cked it up and so glad they did!

More like they got fcked up

Turfdawg67
01-29-2019, 08:43 PM
More like they got fcked up

Maybe I don't know what you are saying but I'm speaking of the '60s not 2013. Back in the 60's/early 70s, they could have taken the ball and gone home.

KOdawg1
01-29-2019, 09:39 PM
Does Deke Adams give us a tiny shot with Byron Young? Maybe him being from Mississippi helps?

Cooterpoot
01-29-2019, 10:20 PM
Just the opposite.

RezDog7
01-29-2019, 10:27 PM
Just the opposite.

So we should quit football? Basketball too maybe.

Cooterpoot
01-29-2019, 10:50 PM
Did I say that? I didn’t think so. I answered his question. We do need a new BBall coach.

Cooterpoot
01-30-2019, 12:17 AM
This weekend is going to be interesting. Best hang on. Ups and downs coming.

CadaverDawg
01-30-2019, 12:21 AM
So we are losing Darius Washington, but Emerson may not be gone yet? And we're all going to watch and see what Ealy and Mingo do this weekend to tip their hands?

A lot of indecision right now. This could be a spectacular close or we could fall flat on our face. What do you guys think?

ShotgunDawg
01-30-2019, 12:27 AM
So we are losing Darius Washington, but Emerson may not be gone yet? And we're all going to watch and see what Ealy and Mingo do this weekend to tip their hands?

A lot of indecision right now. This could be a spectacular close or we could fall flat on our face. What do you guys think?

Yup. I can't help but think how awesome it would've been to sign Pickering, Young, and Moore. Amazing how that deteriated so quickly.

I think the fan bases' trust with JoMo is getting shaky and he needs a win. Mingo and Ealy would bring hope.

Homedawg
01-30-2019, 12:36 AM
I'm not even sure Moore is going to hava a slot anywhere. And we are the ones who had a plan for eligibility, don't fret over that one. Waste of good oxygen

KOdawg1
01-30-2019, 12:37 AM

I think we get Mingo, and lose Ealy to OM. Of course all of that could change tomorrow and we get both or neither. What a crazy recruiting cycle.

Homedawg
01-30-2019, 12:37 AM
Yup. I can't help but think how awesome it would've been to sign Pickering, Young, and Moore. Amazing how that deteriated so quickly.

I think the fan bases' trust with JoMo is getting shaky and he needs a win. Mingo and Ealy would bring hope.

Mingo 50-50 Ealy went from ours w Huff to I doubt it now. Maybe I'm wrong.

KOdawg1
01-30-2019, 12:38 AM
I'm not even sure Moore is going to hava a slot anywhere. And we are the ones who had a plan for eligibility, don't fret over that one. Waste of good oxygen
Moore will fit in nicely at a Juco somewhere soon

Todd4State
01-30-2019, 02:36 AM

If you're right about that he may try to commit to us. Doesn't sound like he's a take anymore so...

msstate7
01-30-2019, 08:27 AM

So what exactly are we watching for with mingo and ealy this weekend?

Really Clark?
01-30-2019, 08:29 AM

If take an unofficial to a school this weekend (State or OM)

Hambone
01-30-2019, 08:56 AM

Their bank accounts or if they leave in a new vehicle. **

Irondawg
01-30-2019, 09:55 AM
Take Washington the OL from Florida off the board. Major mistake not taking Bedford when Washington wouldn’t sign early.

msstate7
01-30-2019, 10:00 AM
Take Washington the OL from Florida off the board. Major mistake not taking Bedford when Washington wouldn’t sign early.

I assume Emerson is the next "take off the board". Shouldn't be surprising since he's a DB

hacker
01-30-2019, 10:01 AM
I assume Emerson is the next "take off the board". Shouldn't be surprising since he's a DB

Rosebowl actually said Emerson has been trending back our way as of late. Shrug.

Irondawg
01-30-2019, 10:01 AM
Emerson is still hanging around some feel better about him sticking as we are actually closer to home than Miami but I’m really skeptical

msstate7
01-30-2019, 10:03 AM
Rosebowl actually said Emerson has been trending back our way as of late. Shrug.

That would be awesome. He's a pretty important commit

msu15
01-30-2019, 10:07 AM

Agreed

StarkVegasSteve
01-30-2019, 11:16 AM
Something tells me Charles Moore is going to end up trying to come back to us at the last minute. Would we still have a spot for him? Seems like we've distanced ourselves from that situation entirely at this point.

Really Clark?
01-30-2019, 11:18 AM
Something tells me Charles Moore is going to end up trying to come back to us at the last minute. Would we still have a spot for him? Seems like we've distanced ourselves from that situation entirely at this point.

We will have room but he better start calling

CadaverDawg
01-30-2019, 11:34 AM

We're MSU....if a 4 star DL comes calling last minute, we'll make room.

Commercecomet24
01-30-2019, 12:07 PM
We will have room but he better start calling

He's running out of time and maybe on the outside looking in from any team come signing day. He may wind up at a juco somewhere. Talented kid who needs some maturing. Hopefully he'll get it together and make the most of his talent and potential. I love to see young people succeed in life and I'm talking about more than just football or sports.

Cooterpoot
01-30-2019, 12:12 PM
I'd leave him alone but send him papers. I still believe he signs OOS, but his problems are coming to light now and people are second guessing a little.

Really Clark?
01-30-2019, 12:13 PM
He's running out of time and maybe on the outside looking in from any team come signing day. He may wind up at a juco somewhere. Talented kid who needs some maturing. Hopefully he'll get it together and make the most of his talent and potential. I love to see young people succeed in life and I'm talking about more than just football or sports.

Agree 100%.

Homedawg
01-30-2019, 12:15 PM

This^^^

KOdawg1
01-30-2019, 12:22 PM
Is Auburn backing off from him?

Dawgology
01-30-2019, 12:49 PM
Is Auburn backing off from him?

I think everyone is for some reason. Not really sure what is going on. May be some people in his life pushing a little too hard for things but that is just a guess.

msstate7
01-30-2019, 12:53 PM
I think everyone is for some reason. Not really sure what is going on. May be some people in his life pushing a little too hard for things but that is just a guess.

OM will step up and help the kid out

Doggie_Style
01-30-2019, 01:02 PM

Yup.....and that hot girl who dumped you in high school is going to call any minute, ANY MINUTE!!***

KOdawg1
01-30-2019, 01:07 PM
OM will step up and help the kid out
Yancy says they haven't really pushed for him either. Charles Moore's recruitment has been very strange

StarkVegasSteve
01-30-2019, 01:08 PM
Yup.....and that hot girl who dumped you in high school is going to call any minute, ANY MINUTE!!***

Personally I don't want the kid anymore. The way he's dragged around everyone in recruiting he seems like he's got maturity issues that could persist into college. I.e. Quay Evans.....

msbulldog
01-30-2019, 01:13 PM

He took an OV to EMCC. He may have grade issues.

yjnkdawg
01-30-2019, 01:19 PM
He took an OV to EMCC. He may have grade issues.

That may have been one bit of good advise that he has gotten, for a change.

Commercecomet24
01-30-2019, 01:27 PM
We not out of the Young hunt just yet. Pickering and JJ are working hard on him on the you commit to a school not a coach angle and Byron loves State as a school, so it's not over yet.. Also Byron likes the Deke Adams hire and considers him to be a very intelligent coach who he would like to play for. Just got this news. Doesn't mean we get him but the chances have increased once again.

ETA Baker going to bama is not going to affect his decision.

msbulldog
01-30-2019, 01:35 PM
We not out of the Young hunt just yet. Pickering and JJ are working hard on him on the you commit to a school not a coach angle and Byron loves State as a school, so it's not over yet.. Also Byron likes the Deke Adams hire and considers him to be a very intelligent coach who he would like to play for. Just got this news. Doesn't mean we get him but the chances have increased once again.

Thanks for the info CC!

Cooterpoot
01-30-2019, 01:36 PM
I think it's over with Byron. The in-home this week with Bama closed it out IMO. I'll cross my fingers and hope I'm wrong.

Commercecomet24
01-30-2019, 01:39 PM
I think it's over with Byron. The in-home this week with Bama closed it out IMO. I'll cross my fingers and hope I'm wrong.

Yeah saban was here yesterday. I thought we were out of it too, but after hearing from him today, there's a little glimmer of hope. I don't rate our chances high but we're not done yet either. We'll know soon.

ETA He met with Nathan too but he told nicky NO!

BeardoMSU
01-30-2019, 01:41 PM
Yeah saban was here yesterday. I thought we were out of it too, but after hearing from him today, there's a little glimmer of hope. I don't rate our chances high but we're not done yet either. We'll know soon.

You've had some great insight in this thread, CC. Thanks a bunch, man.

Commercecomet24
01-30-2019, 01:45 PM
You've had some great insight in this thread, CC. Thanks a bunch, man.

Thanks and you're welcome. I don't have nearly as much info as others but just try to share the tidbits I do know. Sometimes they work out sometimes they don't lol.

CadaverDawg
01-30-2019, 01:47 PM
Commerce is the man. There are about 10-15 posters I'd have a beer with....he's one of them.

Homedawg
01-30-2019, 02:05 PM
Commerce is the man. There are about 10-15 posters I'd have a beer with....he's one of them.

Wait, did I hear beer???

CadaverDawg
01-30-2019, 02:06 PM
Wait, did I hear beer???

Yep, and you'll be joining us

Maybe there's more than 15 actually.

Dawgology
01-30-2019, 02:09 PM

Great! Now Saban will hire Deke as the assistant to the assistant of the assistant for 750k a year.****

Homedawg

IN!!! with or without an invite!

ShotgunDawg

I'm looking forward to it*

Just kidding. You'd like me in person.

ShotgunDawg
01-30-2019, 02:11 PM

Maybe, maybe not.

I doubt Young's only attraction was to Baker and we don't even know how he views Baker jumping ship.

msstate7
01-30-2019, 02:13 PM

I'm sure 13 or so of the empty bottles would be thrown at me

Cooterpoot
01-30-2019, 02:16 PM
I was told Young’s family really likes AL and Saban shut the door this week (Baker Hurt too). But CC is tighter with them than me. I trust what he’s saying.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
01-30-2019, 02:31 PM

Wow this is huge!!

Commercecomet24
01-30-2019, 02:34 PM

Thanks man! Same here except make mine a Dr. Pepper lol!

Commercecomet24
01-30-2019, 02:35 PM
I was told Young’s family really likes AL and Saban shut the door this week (Baker Hurt too). But CC is tighter with them than me. I trust what he’s saying.

I think it's still an uphill battle but the door is open a little. Moorhead and Shoop at West Jones now as we speak.

Jack Lambert
01-30-2019, 02:43 PM
I'm sure 13 or so of the empty bottles would be thrown at me

I don't drink any alcohol but I would open a good bottle of DR. Pepper with you.

CadaverDawg
01-30-2019, 02:52 PM
To be honest, I like all of you guys for different reasons. I love seeing all the different personalities come together for one rooting interest. Sorry I get passionately negative at times...I just want to see us succeed at the highest levels so bad that I let it get to me a lot. It's great to be a Dawg, and when that day finally comes that we beat Bama and possibly go all the way to the CFP, it will be so much sweeter for those fans like us that had to experience the winding and often times brutal road to the top.

So here's a tip of the cap to all of you guys for putting up with guys like me and making this place great. And here's to Joe and his staff closing this class with a bang and propelling us to a level we've never seen.

Cowbell
01-30-2019, 02:58 PM
I think it's still an uphill battle but the door is open a little. Moorhead and Shoop at West Jones now as we speak.

I will second the appreciation CC. I have been a lurker here a while and just became a poster last fall. Really appreciate your common sense and consistent demeanor. I too would take the DP over the beer.

Commercecomet24
01-30-2019, 03:12 PM
To be honest, I like all of you guys for different reasons. I love seeing all the different personalities come together for one rooting interest. Sorry I get passionately negative at times...I just want to see us succeed at the highest levels so bad that I let it get to me a lot. It's great to be a Dawg, and when that day finally comes that we beat Bama and possibly go all the way to the CFP, it will be so much sweeter for those fans like us that had to experience the winding and often times brutal road to the top.

So here's a tip of the cap to all of you guys for putting up with guys like me and making this place great. And here's to Joe and his staff closing this class with a bang and propelling us to a level we've never seen.

Seconded! Well Said!

basedog
01-30-2019, 03:27 PM

Very nice post Clint, glad you are honest and coming around. If you saw all the misery I've seen at Msu you would appreciate our athletic programs much more. I use to be kinda like u but now there are way more important things in my life.
Btw, I have a "relative" committed to Msu baseball, but he is a year away, dude has a chance to be really good so be careful in the future about baseball players! LOL.

BeardoMSU
01-30-2019, 03:48 PM

Hear, hear!
https://www.ourpursuit.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/11/giphy-10.gif

NCDawg
01-30-2019, 03:53 PM

ETA He met with Nathan too but he told nicky NO!

If he really did tell Saban that, more power to Pickering. Don't think Mr. Saban has too many kids telling him that. I would feel better if Pickering (and Ealy) cancelled their OV's to Alabama this week-end.

msbulldog
01-30-2019, 03:57 PM
Thanks and you're welcome. I don't have nearly as much info as others but just try to share the tidbits I do know. Sometimes they work out sometimes they don't lol.

You do great CC, thanks! You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Commercecomet24 again.

msbulldog
01-30-2019, 04:01 PM

I'd drink a beer with you CDawg and I'll buy.

Commercecomet24
01-30-2019, 04:21 PM
I was told Young?s family really likes AL and Saban shut the door this week (Baker Hurt too). But CC is tighter with them than me. I trust what he?s saying.

Appreciate that, Cooter. I always value your info and knowledge.

CadaverDawg
01-30-2019, 04:54 PM
Appreciate that, Cooter. I always value your info and knowledge.

But will you value calling a man Cooter? That is the real question.

Commercecomet24
01-30-2019, 05:04 PM
But will you value calling a man Cooter? That is the real question.

Not so much lol!

Dawg-gone-dawgs
01-30-2019, 05:05 PM
If he really did tell Saban that, more power to Pickering. Don't think Mr. Saban has too many kids telling him that. I would feel better if Pickering (and Ealy) cancelled their OV's to Alabama this week-end.

If Brian Baker would have walked in my living room wearing a Bama shirt right after telling me that he was staying, I would have told him to get the hell out of my house and take lil Nickie with you.

Commercecomet24
01-30-2019, 05:07 PM
If Brian Baker would have walked in my living room wearing a Bama shirt right after telling me that he was staying, I would have told him to get the hell out of my house and take lil Nickie with you.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Dawg-gone-dawgs again.

Lord McBuckethead
01-30-2019, 05:09 PM
Yancy says they haven't really pushed for him either. Charles Moore's recruitment has been very strange

Yeah, even as a casual follower of recruiting, this one has me scratching my head. Seems like someone around him is going about a bunch of things incorrectly. I do not know this with any type of certainty, but it always seems like that is the case when things are as nonsensical as this dude has been.

CadaverDawg
01-30-2019, 05:10 PM
Not so much lol!

Haha

CadaverDawg
01-30-2019, 05:10 PM

Yep

Ifyouonlyknew
01-30-2019, 05:11 PM
What the hell is going on with all this love? This board has no room for kindness & level headedness.

Lord McBuckethead
01-30-2019, 05:14 PM
Yeah, walked into something strange this last page or two. Maybe it can serve as a reminder, hell man we are all family here. We all want the best for MSU and its student athletes.

msstate7
01-30-2019, 05:15 PM
What the hell is going on with all this love? This board has no room for kindness & level headedness.

All this kumbaya making me sick. I'm about this (fingers an inch apart) close to blasting this staff's recruiting to get your guys out of the hug session haha

Commercecomet24
01-30-2019, 05:20 PM
Yeah, walked into something strange this last page or two. Maybe it can serve as a reminder, hell man we are all family here. We all want the best for MSU and its student athletes.

This, big time.

Commercecomet24
01-30-2019, 05:20 PM
All this kumbaya making me sick. I'm about this (fingers an inch apart) close to blasting this staff's recruiting to get your guys out of the hug session haha

And there's 7 to bust up the party lol******

Gutter Cobreh
01-30-2019, 05:28 PM

Did you get back on your meds????***

Whatever you did, glad to see your rationale side come back. I truly enjoy your insight, but damn you're insufferable when you start harping on a subject.

Thanks to everyone else here that provides tidbits of information on a daily basis (you know who you are). I will be upfront and honest and say I don't know a damn thing about any of these kids and the choice they have to make, nor do I have any influence over any decision made within the athletic department. What I do know is that is that I've come to appreciate the minute detail this board goes to in dissecting every little thing that happens within MSState sports. I don't always agree, but the best conversation typically occurs when you have multiple viewpoints.

ShotgunDawg
01-30-2019, 05:41 PM
Did you get back on your meds????***

Whatever you did, glad to see your rationale side come back. I truly enjoy your insight, but damn you're insufferable when you start harping on a subject.

Thanks to everyone else here that provides tidbits of information on a daily basis (you know who you are). I will be upfront and honest and say I don't know a damn thing about any of these kids and the choice they have to make, nor do I have any influence over any decision made within the athletic department. What I do know is that is that I've come to appreciate the minute detail this board goes to in dissecting every little thing that happens within MSState sports. I don't always agree, but the best conversation typically occurs when you have multiple viewpoints.

Wow, your actions backtracked completely from this reasonable post

ShotgunDawg
01-30-2019, 06:05 PM
Does anyone have any clue how OM has apparently reversed momentum with Ealy?

Dawg-gone-dawgs
01-30-2019, 06:11 PM

Did he decommit just so he could visit Clemson?

ShotgunDawg
01-30-2019, 06:12 PM

I don't know. I just think it makes no sense for him to go there & likely really hurts his leverage in the baseball draft.

I can't imagine that any MLB organization would believe that he's actually going to play football at OM

msstate7
01-30-2019, 06:14 PM

I wondered this the first time I heard he had to to visit.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
01-30-2019, 06:18 PM
I don't know. I just think it makes no sense for him to go there & likely really hurts his leverage in the baseball draft.

I can't imagine that any MLB organization would believe that he's actually going to play football at OM

Rosey say that he wants to play college football more than most think.

ShotgunDawg
01-30-2019, 06:21 PM
Rosey say that he wants to play college football more than most think.

I'm sure Rosey has his sources but I've also got mine.

If he signs with OM, it's a beacon to all MLB teams that he ain't playing football.

msbulldog
01-30-2019, 06:39 PM

Amen Buckethead!

CadaverDawg
01-30-2019, 06:52 PM
Prediction time. What are yalls predictions on where the following end up signing....

Ealy -
Mingo -
Duncan -
Emerson -
Lockhart -
Sanguinetti -
Young -
Moore -
Plumlee -

And bonus prediction...

In your opinion, What are the closest odds that Ealy ever plays in a college football game?

A) 0% B) <50% C) 50% D) >50%

dawgday166
01-30-2019, 06:53 PM
If Brian Baker would have walked in my living room wearing a Bama shirt right after telling me that he was staying, I would have told him to get the hell out of my house and take that lil midget bastard with you.

FIFY.

Goldendawg
01-30-2019, 06:58 PM

To the contrary: Rodney, "Can't we just all get along", King approves of all these type posts!*** Hail State!

Dawg-gone-dawgs
01-30-2019, 07:11 PM
Ealy - C
Mingo - C
Duncan - D
Emerson - D
Lockhart - D
Sanguinetti - B
Young - A
Moore - A
Plumlee - A

BuckyIsAB****
01-30-2019, 07:30 PM
UGA has an in home with Mingo tonight

BuckyIsAB****
01-30-2019, 07:32 PM
Prediction time. What are yalls predictions on where the following end up signing....

Ealy -
Mingo -
Duncan -
Emerson -
Lockhart -
Sanguinetti -
Young -
Moore -
Plumlee -

And bonus prediction...

In your opinion, What are the closest odds that Ealy ever plays in a college football game?

A) 0% B) <50% C) 50% D) >50%

Ealy-40
Mingo-50
Duncan-70
Emerson-30
Lockhart-70
Sanguinetti-100
Young-40
Moore-50
Plumlee-50

D

BuckyIsAB****
01-30-2019, 07:34 PM

I dont expect him to go anywhere but he had an OV for UGA planned for this weekend

BuckyIsAB****
01-30-2019, 07:38 PM

The rich rod hire helped them some. Im not sure the momentum has flipped I have heard Clemson or State

CadaverDawg
01-30-2019, 07:42 PM
Ealy-40
Mingo-50
Duncan-70
Emerson-30
Lockhart-70
Sanguinetti-100
Young-40
Moore-50
Plumlee-50

D

Thanks. Although I'm not loving you having Mingo's % the same as Moore's

KOdawg1
01-30-2019, 07:43 PM
A lot of people think Moore comes back saying he's sorry. I don't see it.

BuckyIsAB****
01-30-2019, 07:46 PM

I have no idea about Moore so I just gave it a guess. I dont wanna jinx Mingos or it would be higher. I think Plumlee is an OM lean bc he fits their system well to play QB. If he commits to OM between now and signing day just know it helps us greatly with another recruit. I'll leave it at that

dawgday166
01-30-2019, 07:46 PM
Ealy-40
Mingo-50
Duncan-70
Emerson-30
Lockhart-70
Sanguinetti-100
Young-40
Moore-50
Plumlee-50

D

40 with Young ... I ain't seeing that. I think it's pert near nil now with Young.

CadaverDawg
01-30-2019, 07:48 PM
I have no idea about Moore so I just gave it a guess. I dont wanna jinx Mingos or it would be higher. I think Plumlee is an OM lean bc he fits their system well to play QB. If he commits to OM between now and signing day just know it helps us greatly with another recruit. I'll leave it at that

Hmm what recruit would Plumleeaffect?

BuckyIsAB****
01-30-2019, 07:52 PM
40 with Young ... I ain't seeing that. I think it's pert near nil now with Young.

We have a shot

shrimp
01-30-2019, 07:56 PM
Hmm what recruit would Plumleeaffect?

I’m guessing Mingo....wouldn’t be targeted enough with Plumlee at QB

maroonmania
01-30-2019, 08:13 PM
Hope we pull some of these bigger names late but I'm just going to keep my expectations low so I don't feel too depressed if we miss out on all the bigger names not already committed. Past experience has shown me that 95% of the time we don't get guys that our 'people in the know' aren't pretty darn sure we will get. There are some exceptions here or there (like Simmons) but they haven't happened that often. And it just seems odd that there are so many recruits this year that apparently aren't going to pull the trigger on a commitment until near or on signing day.

Bdawg
01-30-2019, 08:27 PM
I’m guessing Mingo....wouldn’t be targeted enough with Plumlee at QB

Hard to see Plumlee at QB with Shrader only a year ahead of him.

shrimp
01-30-2019, 08:50 PM
Hard to see Plumlee at QB with Shrader only a year ahead of him.

I’m saying if Plumlee commits to OM, it would help us with Mingo. Plumlee is not known for his passing.