PDA

View Full Version : 2019 Recruiting Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32

Lord McBuckethead
09-13-2018, 07:43 AM
Every assumption I've made, you've also made on the other side. There is no difference.

Good thing we are discussing it then****

msbulldog
09-13-2018, 12:34 PM
The 2018 Recruiting Tread had 3017 posts, we are about to pass that in September.

Leroy Jenkins
09-13-2018, 01:14 PM
The 2018 Recruiting Tread had 3017 posts, we are about to pass that in September.

1/3rd of which are actually related to recruiting...

https://media1.tenor.com/images/b1e0de9f385de83a539a852bb67869cf/tenor.gif?itemid=4959021

msudawglb
09-13-2018, 04:06 PM
1/3rd of which are actually related to recruiting...

https://media1.tenor.com/images/b1e0de9f385de83a539a852bb67869cf/tenor.gif?itemid=4959021

Yeah, I don't even read this thread anymore....seems the last recruiting update was 3 pages back.

HoopsDawg
09-13-2018, 07:12 PM
Pnut, I'm starting to think that Dontario Drummond is legit. Might be the 2nd best receiver on our team this year. I hope we turn up the heat. Any idea who are competition would be?

69 yard TD reception tonight for Drummond. 10 TD's last year. Had anyone from the laurel area seen him play in high school?

Cooterpoot
09-13-2018, 08:44 PM
He and Reddix can both play. I doubt we take more than one Juco though because we’ve got a couple coming next year. Drummond is getting a look but we aren’t pulling the trigger yet. Still looking at a couple others but we aren’t getting the OM commit. I think he gets the offer unless we pull somebody out of state.

Ifyouonlyknew
09-13-2018, 08:58 PM
I haven't seen Drummond play personally but I've talked to folks who say he's legit. He looks good on film my only question is he's only around 6'1" how well will he handle playing outside in the SEC.

Dawgfan77
09-14-2018, 08:23 AM
I think it?s imperative that we go all in on a big JUCO WR. Also. Mingo is a must

KOdawg1
09-14-2018, 08:27 AM
I think it?s imperative that we go all in on a big JUCO WR. Also. Mingo is a must
I don't see us getting Mingo.

However, I think we flip another one of their WR commits in Jordan Jernigan

Dawgfan77
09-14-2018, 08:31 AM
I don't see us getting Mingo.

However, I think we flip another one of their WR commits in Jordan Jernigan

We have a Hill to climb for sure. From what i understand We don?t have many fans on the coaching staff at Brandon.

Cooterpoot
09-14-2018, 08:52 AM
We have a Hill to climb for sure. From what i understand We don?t have many fans on the coaching staff at Brandon.

You know who the HC at Brandon is right?

Ifyouonlyknew
09-14-2018, 09:36 AM

He can't or maybe he's confusing Brandon with Clinton

Commercecomet24
09-14-2018, 10:00 AM

Brandon is Dawg Country.

yjnkdawg
09-14-2018, 11:18 AM

But the question is, is it quality, and related to actual viable and worthwhile information on who we are recruiting or quantity, because a few just like to post or try to start arguments? Since about a month or so ago, I would vote the latter.

Dawgfan77
09-14-2018, 11:26 AM

You know who the OC is at Brandon right

Ari Gold
09-14-2018, 02:29 PM
Recruiting before The Weeknd.
First off we have a BIG TIME 5 star 2020 RB Chris Tyree in for the weekend hopefully the weather doesn’t play a role

Was told...
We are still In the game for Turnage and Hall. Also for Dean as well. Basically if any or all 3 of these kids stay in state we are the school .
We think Cross will flip from FSU To MSU before all is said and done
We are really focused on OL right now
May get a commit This weekend 2020 kid
I asked about Mingo. Still have a shot but not too optimistic right now. Also my guy believes if Mingo ends up in Oxford look for them to move him to the defensive side. That’s where he will be needed most. I’m guessing we will use that in recruiting him.
We are looking juco route for an outisde WR .

I didn’t ask to much was pressed for time.

That’s the info. Do with it what u want. I’m out till next report which will be before Fla game. Unless something important happens .

msu15
09-14-2018, 02:33 PM
First off we have a BIG TIME 5 star 2020 RB Chris Tyree in for the weekend hopefully the weather doesn’t play a role

Was told...
We are still In the game for Turnage and Hall. Also for Dean as well. Basically if any or all 3 of these kids stay in state we are the school .
I asked about Mingo. Still have a shot but not too optimistic right now. Also my guy believes if Mingo ends up in Oxford look for them to move him to the defensive side. That’s where he will be needed most. I’m guessing we will use that in recruiting him.

I didn’t ask to much was pressed for time.

That’s the info. Do with it what u want. I’m out till next report which will be before Fla game. Unless something important happens .

Thanks as always boss!

vv83
09-14-2018, 03:10 PM
First off we have a BIG TIME 5 star 2020 RB Chris Tyree in for the weekend hopefully the weather doesn?t play a role

Was told...
I asked about Mingo. Still have a shot but not too optimistic right now. Also my guy believes if Mingo ends up in Oxford look for them to move him to the defensive side. That?s where he will be needed most. I?m guessing we will use that in recruiting him.

I didn?t ask to much was pressed for time.

That?s the info. Do with it what u want. I?m out till next report which will be before Fla game. Unless something important happens .

Damn that's some really positive news across everything

Cooterpoot
09-14-2018, 03:31 PM
I'll be surprised if Cross flips. Only way that happens is if the coaches get fired at FSU and even then I'm not sure it would happen. I don't believe we'll get Turnage, Hall, or Dean. Turnage to AL, Hall to AU, Dean to UGA would be my guesses there. Hopefully that changes.
Tyree would be huge. My Penn State family likes him (not in a Sandusky way either).
There's not a lot of big star recruits in this week but there are a lot of under the radar kids that I think we offer at some point.

Doggie_Style
09-14-2018, 03:55 PM
I'll be surprised if Cross flips. Only way that happens is if the coaches get fired at FSU and even then I'm not sure it would happen. I don't believe we'll get Turnage, Hall, or Dean. Turnage to AL, Hall to AU, Dean to UGA would be my guesses there. Hopefully that changes.
Tyree would be huge. My Penn State family likes him (not in a Sandusky way either).
There's not a lot of big star recruits in this week but there are a lot of under the radar kids that I think we offer at some point.

At this point I would be happy to pull 1 of Hall, Dean, Turnage, Cross or Mingo. Two would be a coup. I also think the most likely scenario is we wiff on all 5 but I don't claim to KNOW shit.

ShotgunDawg
09-14-2018, 03:57 PM

You're probably right but MSU fans should take this personally. Just terrible.

Cross, Mingo, and Jackson are signing up to play for shitty programs & Hall & Dean both play a position that we have had tremendous success at producing NFL players. Throw Young, Turanage, Plumlee, & Handy in there as well. As frustrating of a recruiting year since possible the AJ, Lashely, Davis, Knott debacle

We'll end up with a nice class, but it we'll always ask "what could have been?"

Not sure Moorheads' staff will ever see a more loaded year in Mississippi from which to capitalize. Feels like we have come so far as a program only to see us not be able to finish the deal or even get some instate kids interested us.

msstate7
09-14-2018, 04:18 PM

Cross, Mingo, and Jackson are signing up to play for shitty programs & Hall & Dean both play a position that we have had tremendous success at producing NFL players. Throw Young, Turanage, Plumlee, & Handy in there as well. As frustrating of a recruiting year since possible the AJ, Lashely, Davis, Knott debacle

Not sure Moorheads' staff will ever see a more loaded year in Mississippi from which to capitalize. Feels like we have come so far as a program only to see us not be able to finish the deal or even get some instate kids interested us.

And y'all get mad at me when I say this year is our window for the foreseeable future. The west is getting tougher, not easier

ShotgunDawg
09-14-2018, 04:21 PM
And y'all get mad at me when I say this year is our window for the foreseeable future. The west is getting tougher, not easier

I just don't understand why we aren't having more success with Mississippi kids?

I mean, has Nakobe Dean even considered an in-state school at any point? When was the last time that happened & why is it happening with him?

I do think we'll continue to be competitive, but you're right in that if we are this terrible at closing on in-state recruits, we have ZERO shot at taking the next as a program.

We can throw out all the excuses in the world, but those are just excuses, even if valid. Our roster isn't helped by excuses.

I know this is Moorhead's first full recruiting class, but Hugh Freeze finished #8 in recruiting with his first class. I know he cheated his ass off to do so, but the point remains. Being new at a school doesn't always mean that recruiting takes years of building relationships.

Cooterpoot
09-14-2018, 04:40 PM

1. Cross wasn't coming to State. Too many personal things involved. It wasn't going to happen.
2. Turnage has been committed to Bama for a long time. That's on the last staff more than this one.
3. Mingo wasn't recruited as a WR by the last staff. They barely even recruited him. Got in late on that one.
4. Jackson doesn't know what he wants. His cousin played at State and we never made him a priority. Mullen again....
5. We missed on Hall in all likelihood.
6. Dean was leaving MS regardless. Nothing we can do there.
7. Same with Young. He was looking to leave out.
8. Plumlee is no superstar. I'll be surprised if he starts for UGA. If he does, it'll have to be safety because he's not a CB even with his straight-line speed- Them hips though
9. Handy, where do I start. He's not even the best defensive player at Hattiesburg. He wasn't at Perry Central either. He's got a lot of baggage.

We missed on one, maybe two guys with this staff. They're not miracle workers. And lets keep an eye on a couple of these because they're not as solid as some people think.

ShotgunDawg
09-14-2018, 04:51 PM
1. Cross wasn't coming to State. Too many personal things involved. It wasn't going to happen.
2. Turnage has been committed to Bama for a long time. That's on the last staff more than this one.
3. Mingo wasn't recruited as a WR by the last staff. They barely even recruited him. Got in late on that one.
4. Jackson doesn't know what he wants. His cousin played at State and we never made him a priority. Mullen again....
8. Plumlee is no superstar. I'll be surprised if he starts for UGA. If he does, it'll have to be safety because he's not a CB even with his straight-line speed- Them hips though
9. Handy, where do I start. He's not even the best defensive player at Hattiesburg. He wasn't at Perry Central either. He's got a lot of baggage.

We missed on one, maybe two guys with this staff. They're not miracle workers. And lets keep an eye on a couple of these because they're not as solid as some people think.

Again, everything you just said makes sense, but it doesn't help our roster. I'm not looking to blame someone. I am simply saying that we CANNOT take the next step when missing on this many in-state players. We just cannot. We've got to start from that fact & reverse engineer from there.

If this year's class concludes the way it looks as if it will, it's a huge missed opportunity, regardless of the whys.

You mention Cross having personal things involved but it's still a missed opportunity regardless.

You mention Dean & Young not considering Mississippi schools. Why? A missed opportunity.

One of my biggest pet peeves with MSU fans is how we say it isn't a loss if the kid didn't show legit interest in us. It's a miss if it's an in-state kid regardless because that HAS to be our honey hole & we cannot compete at the highest level without landing the best Mississippi players.

Regardless of the reasons, this year's in-state class is unacceptable & a miss opportunity.

Commercecomet24
09-14-2018, 06:02 PM
Listen to Cooter and just wait to see what happens come December. There's a few surprises that'll be here before it's all said and done. Patience, Joe Moorhead is gonna be the most successful coach we've ever had.

Pit Bull
09-15-2018, 02:03 AM
Sorry Coach Don Merlin.....Fabien found out you were a one trick pony!!...he'll be chompin' on your gator butt in the near future!!

https://s3media.247sports.com/Uploads/Assets/939/46/8046939.jpg

And here's your answer to your Olive Branch recruiting visit!!………..That's strike two in case you can't count.

https://s3media.247sports.com/Uploads/Assets/787/593/7593787.jpg

Commercecomet24
09-15-2018, 01:41 PM
Sorry Coach Don Merlin.....Fabien found out you were a one trick pony!!...he'll be chompin' on your gator butt in the near future!!

And here's your answer to your Olive Branch recruiting visit!!………..That's strike two in case you can't count.

Excellent!

Bully13
09-15-2018, 02:03 PM

Fabian be like " Hey Dan, If I do this gay assed gator chomp, will you get the 17 out my house?" also point of note, whose smiling in that pic and who ain't?

Todd4State
09-16-2018, 11:43 AM
Serious question. Is this class considered "loaded" because Ole Miss thought they were going to get a lot of them? I've found that to usually be the case.

maroonmania
09-16-2018, 12:14 PM

Bottom line is Moorhead is a heck of a good guy and a heck of a good football coach. And I think we have a lot of good coaches on staff. Question is though is he and the staff willing to do some of the cutthroat things you have to do to be successful recruiting in the SEC, which I would think is unlike recruiting he has had to deal with in any other conference he has coached in? Yes, Hugh Freeze was successful recruiting right off the bat but we all know he had no reservations bending and breaking rules on a routine basis and really had no ethical standards about it whatsoever. Certainly don't want to go there but its just a question? Sorry, but I can't help but think we went from big time leader on Emery to not even in consideration because other people got involved and other things got involved. And the closer you get to signing day and the higher rating your prospect gets, it only gets worse.

msstate7
09-16-2018, 12:17 PM
Dannis Jackson and Mingo... are you two seriously gonna play at OM? Corral, whether he stays or not, is not a good qb. The OC will bolt once this talent leaves. Come play for Moorhead with key/mayden/shrader

Bully13
09-16-2018, 12:26 PM
Bottom line is Moorhead is a heck of a good guy and a heck of a good football coach. And I think we have a lot of good coaches on staff. Question is though is he and the staff willing to do some of the cutthroat things you have to do to be successful recruiting in the SEC, which I would think is unlike recruiting he has had to deal with in any other conference he has coached in? Yes, Hugh Freeze was successful recruiting right off the bat but we all know he had no reservations bending and breaking rules on a routine basis and really had no ethical standards about it whatsoever. Certainly don't want to go there but its just a question? Sorry, but I can't help but think we went from big time leader on Emery to not even in consideration because other people got involved and other things got involved. And the closer you get to signing day and the higher rating your prospect gets, it only gets worse.

As long as we stay within "guidelines" and do the same as the blue bloods, I'm fine with it. Tsun stepped out of bounds because they had no choice lest they remain #2 in MS and a SEC bottom bottom feeder. No matter how many mascot changes or image do overs they attempt, they will always be Ole Miss which requires "special" crootin'.

Cooterpoot
09-16-2018, 12:32 PM
Dannis Jackson and Mingo... are you two seriously gonna play at OM? Corral, whether he stays or not, is not a good qb. The OC will bolt once this talent leaves. Come play for Moorhead with key/mayden/shrader

And Cross. FSU is a dumpster fire. Not sure Taggart even gets 3 years.

BeardoMSU
09-16-2018, 01:56 PM

These kids will see how much more favorable this offense is to WR's under Moorhead as compared to Mullen.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
09-16-2018, 02:27 PM

Are they members of the board? Hahaha That could be a good sign if they are*

msstate7
09-16-2018, 02:31 PM
Are they members of the board? Hahaha That could be a good sign if they are*

I've been told to watch what I say bc recruits read this board... figured I'd make a plea just in case haha

Irondawg
09-16-2018, 04:07 PM
Why are we not taking 1-2 JUCO corners? That seems to be a big area of need for us. Our lack of playmakers in the secondary going forward should be a big corcern. Hoping Murphy develops into one but not sure after that

maroonmania
09-16-2018, 04:54 PM
As long as we stay within "guidelines" and do the same as the blue bloods, I'm fine with it. Tsun stepped out of bounds because they had no choice lest they remain #2 in MS and a SEC bottom bottom feeder. No matter how many mascot changes or image do overs they attempt, they will always be Ole Miss which requires "special" crootin'.

I guess the question is Coach JoMo fine with it? I know we were very much handcuffed on the recruiting front while Croom was here (not that we had much to offer on the field anyway).

sscjr1
09-16-2018, 05:37 PM
Johnquarise Patterson back in the boat

bulldawg28
09-16-2018, 07:51 PM
He never left the boat

sscjr1
09-16-2018, 08:34 PM
He never left the boat
Ok

Bully13
09-16-2018, 08:46 PM
He never left the boat

does anyone have any additional info on Johnquarise Patterson? 247 doesn't have anything (other offers, etc..)

Todd4State
09-16-2018, 09:54 PM

Dan absolutely refused to do this on the offensive side of the ball especially. And it wasn't an effort to remain squeaky clean. It was an effort issue.

Todd4State
09-16-2018, 09:56 PM
Why are we not taking 1-2 JUCO corners? That seems to be a big area of need for us. Our lack of playmakers in the secondary going forward should be a big corcern. Hoping Murphy develops into one but not sure after that

I thought we were looking at one from Northwest MS CC?

It might depend in part on Peters injury situation. If he has to redshirt all of a sudden both of our CB's are coming back. Granted, Peters would be coming off of rehab and we don't even really know what the injury is yet.

Bothrops
09-17-2018, 11:25 AM
Just had an epiphany. We are going to sign one of top big receivers in the state. There's no way OM gets all of them with the unsightly display that's happening on that campus. No one with any dignity will do that.

Jack Lambert
09-17-2018, 11:28 AM
Just had an epiphany. We are going to sign one of top big receivers in the state. There's no way OM gets all of them with the unsightly display that's happening on that campus. No one with any dignity will do that.

They are not going to sign all five of the WR committeemen. My the end of the season the light bulb is going to go off in the heads of many of the Ole Miss commitments.

Cooterpoot
09-17-2018, 01:56 PM
We already have a commitment from the top WR in MS. Mingo better wake up and realize they're going to drop him in at DB, not WR.

BuckyIsAB****
09-17-2018, 11:36 PM
We already have a commitment from the top WR in MS. Mingo better wake up and realize they're going to drop him in at DB, not WR.

If you think Jarrian Jones is better than Mingo you have either 1. Never seen them play, 2. Never seen them go 1 on 1, and 3. didnt watch the game they played against one another friday night.

I like JDub and I think he is a SEC Wr but not a DB. Mingo made him look pretty average friday night

bulldawg28
09-18-2018, 02:42 AM
If you think Jarrian Jones is better than Mingo you have either 1. Never seen them play, 2. Never seen them go 1 on 1, and 3. didnt watch the game they played against one another friday night.

I like JDub and I think he is a SEC Wr but not a DB. Mingo made him look pretty average friday night

Did Mingo guard Jdub at WR? If not your argument at which is the better WR is skewed.

Cooterpoot
09-18-2018, 08:46 AM

I don't think he's better. I know he's better. Jones goes full time WR and he's the best in MS. But Mingo is welcome to come to Starkville and compete with him and prove me wrong. In fact, I challenge him, I dare him to come to State. ;)

Lord McBuckethead
09-18-2018, 03:46 PM
Pulling Mingo would be a great move by the staff. Hopefully someone will notice our offense and get on board. Is our QB commit going to bring any top notch talent with him?

Pit Bull
09-18-2018, 10:59 PM
I have a feeling Jaylon Reed is going to be a pretty good corner for us when he comes in. Had a very nice offer sheet and Malik Heath said at the BAMA/MS Allstar game that Reed covered him better than any other corner during practices. They had quite a competition going on down there. My biggest concern at the moment is RB. We lose Aeris this year. We could lose Hill after next year. And I see no promising backs coming up to replace them. We need 2 stud RBs ASAP!!!

Ifyouonlyknew
09-19-2018, 10:56 AM
Expect us to get an OV from Eric Gray.

Cooterpoot
09-19-2018, 11:00 AM
If we can pull Gray and Tyree next round, we'd be loaded.

Ifyouonlyknew
09-19-2018, 11:21 AM
If we can pull Gray and Tyree next round, we'd be loaded.

I'm not ready to say we get Gray yet but getting him for an OV is the next step. I think it comes down to MSU & TN. Tyree is planning on being back for the Florida game. You don't drive from Virginia to MS 4 times in 6 months if you don't have some serious interest. I know he really loves Huff & that's who he has his best relationship with.

Bully13
09-19-2018, 11:47 AM
I'm not ready to say we get Gray yet but getting him for an OV is the next step. I think it comes down to MSU & TN. Tyree is planning on being back for the Florida game. You don't drive from Virginia to MS 4 times in 6 months if you don't have some serious interest. I know he really loves Huff & that's who he has his best relationship with.

Wouldn't Chris Tyree also have a relationship with JOMO as well?

msbulldog
09-19-2018, 12:15 PM
Grey just needs to visit Michigan in December, before he signs.

Ifyouonlyknew
09-19-2018, 12:22 PM
Wouldn't Chris Tyree also have a relationship with JOMO as well?

Yes but Huff is the reason we're so deep in the game with him.

Doggie_Style
09-19-2018, 12:31 PM

I don't think Gray goes to Michigan, he is however showing interest in Tenn and that's where he probably ends up. He hasn't shown us any interest for a long time. If he OV's State I will be pleasantly surprised.

Ifyouonlyknew
09-19-2018, 12:58 PM
I don't think Gray goes to Michigan, he is however showing interest in Tenn and that's where he probably ends up. He hasn't shown us any interest for a long time. If he OV's State I will be pleasantly surprised.

He's stated that he's still been in contact with MSU & that we will likely get an OV. Again I'm not ready to say he's ours or anything because I do know TN is on him very hard. Just letting it be known that we are still recruiting him very hard & he's listening.

msu15
09-19-2018, 01:46 PM

Who is Tyree?

Ifyouonlyknew
09-19-2018, 01:47 PM
Who is Tyree?

Chris Tyree 2020 RB from Virginia

Irondawg
09-19-2018, 01:54 PM
So here’s a bit more information about Gray. Given that Michigan has committed two other running backs. It’s probably safe to assume he won’t sign there unless they are talking about somebody playing other positions. Plus it’s a long way from home.

He’s taken 3 official visits: Michigan, penn state and ole miss. He officially visits TN next weekend. They also don’t have rb pledged for next year. If we can survive the weekend there without a commit and then get an OV then we would get his last OV which would be a benefit.

No telling how it will play out but at least we are in position to have a few timeline advantages.

msu15
09-19-2018, 02:04 PM
Chris Tyree 2020 RB from Virginia

AH 10-4 I was looking at 2019, thanks

Doggie_Style
09-19-2018, 02:19 PM
So here?s a bit more information about Gray. Given that Michigan has committed two other running backs. It?s probably safe to assume he won?t sign there unless they are talking about somebody playing other positions. Plus it?s a long way from home.

He?s taken 3 official visits: Michigan, penn state and ole miss. He officially visits TN next weekend. They also don?t have rb pledged for next year. If we can survive the weekend there without a commit and then get an OV then we would get his last OV which would be a benefit.

No telling how it will play out but at least we are in position to have a few timeline advantages.

It would be huge to get Gray to campus. With that said I think it's more likely he takes his final OV to Ark, they have built a solid relationship with him

Ifyouonlyknew
09-19-2018, 02:34 PM
It would be huge to get Gray to campus. With that said I think it's more likely he takes his final OV to Ark, they have built a solid relationship with him

He said he has 2 more OV left & they'll be OM Bama or MSU for those 2. With Bama having Keiland Robinson on board & looking good with Trey Sanders while also recruiting Wandale Robinson for a all purpose role. I think OM & MSU are his last 2 visits. TN MSU OM Bama & Michigan are the only schools he's talking to.

Ifyouonlyknew
09-19-2018, 02:37 PM
So here’s a bit more information about Gray. Given that Michigan has committed two other running backs. It’s probably safe to assume he won’t sign there unless they are talking about somebody playing other positions. Plus it’s a long way from home.

He’s taken 3 official visits: Michigan, penn state and ole miss. He officially visits TN next weekend. They also don’t have rb pledged for next year. If we can survive the weekend there without a commit and then get an OV then we would get his last OV which would be a benefit.

A few things

1. The last RB Michigan committed is going to play Slot WR for them.

2. He hasn't taken an OV to OM

3. No one is expecting him to commit to TN this weekend. If he flips it's likely later on in the process.

We do need to get him on campus next weekend or for the Auburn game

Irondawg
09-19-2018, 03:30 PM
Thanks. I thought the OM visit was an official

msbulldog
09-19-2018, 06:16 PM

Who wants to go to a school that plays like Ark?

Dawg-gone-dawgs
09-20-2018, 08:31 AM
delete

Dawg-gone-dawgs
09-20-2018, 08:32 AM

They can sell playing time and take the "you can take us to the next level" angle. OM uses this all the time.

ShotgunDawg
09-20-2018, 09:21 AM
They can sell playing time and take the "you can take us to the next level" angle. OM uses this all the time.

Tough sell. Southern Miss can also sell that.

Bothrops
09-20-2018, 12:20 PM
I hate that Gray has any interest in Tennessee.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
09-20-2018, 03:36 PM
Tough sell. Southern Miss can also sell that.

Not in the SEC

ShotgunDawg
09-20-2018, 04:37 PM
Not in the SEC

Ok. Well, Vandy and Kentucky can sell that.

Bothrops
09-20-2018, 09:10 PM

No way he goes to Arkansas with all the uncertainty there. 8 originally said Arkansas would be our main competition, but JoMo would win that race, I feel certain of it.

Doggie_Style
09-20-2018, 09:51 PM
No way he goes to Arkansas with all the uncertainty there. 8 originally said Arkansas would be our main competition, but JoMo would win that race, I feel certain of it.

Nobody said he would sign with Arkansas....most likely with Tennessee. If he?s not on MSU?s campus soon for an OV we have no shot

Bothrops
09-21-2018, 12:39 AM
Sharpe with season ending injury tonight. Bad news for our OL class.

How do we feel about signing Washington? Pretty confident or no?

msbulldog
09-21-2018, 05:55 AM

Dammit!

Ifyouonlyknew
09-21-2018, 06:51 AM

I still expect to sign Sharp.

Confident on Washington.

Bully13
09-21-2018, 07:10 AM
I still expect to sign Sharp.

Confident on Washington.

Can we get first names on these two? thanks

msbulldog
09-21-2018, 12:13 PM
Can we get first names on these two? thanks

LaQuinston Sharp & Darius Washington

Bully13
09-21-2018, 12:25 PM
LaQuinston Sharp & Darius Washington

Thanks MS. Anybody got any updates on Sharp's injury?

Also, What's the connection with Washington? Would be great to land both of these 2 guys. (hoping Sharp recovers 100%)

msbulldog
09-21-2018, 12:27 PM
Washington is a commit.

Bully13
09-21-2018, 12:38 PM
Washington is a commit.

Yep, I'm just wondering how we got him since he has a Miami offer (among quite a few others from legit programs) and he's from Pensacola.

msbulldog
09-21-2018, 12:39 PM
I'm betting OL coach, probably was recruiting him at Duke.

Cooterpoot
09-21-2018, 01:53 PM
Thanks MS. Anybody got any updates on Sharp's injury?

Also, What's the connection with Washington? Would be great to land both of these 2 guys. (hoping Sharp recovers 100%)

You really don't keep up with recruiting, do you. LOL

Cary Hudson's little bro
09-21-2018, 02:04 PM

He keeps up with Ole Miss recruiting more bc he is a closet Landshart fan

Bully13
09-21-2018, 03:00 PM

Nope. Just usually go to the bottom so I can 247 dudes on occasion. Any update on Sharp's injury?

Bully13
09-21-2018, 03:01 PM
He keeps up with Ole Miss recruiting more bc he is a closet Landshart fan

https://i.postimg.cc/prydkW9m/Reagan_Laughing.gif

TALL DAWG
09-21-2018, 03:20 PM
Yep, I'm just wondering how we got him since he has a Miami offer (among quite a few others from legit programs) and he's from Pensacola.

Come again?? U do realize MSU is a lot closer to Pensacola than Miami, correct?
And, why are u wondering how we got him over a Miami offer? Nothing special about Miami?s football program now.

TALL DAWG
09-21-2018, 03:27 PM

Is Sharpe a JUCO guy who was supposed to contribute next year? If not, he would probably red shirt next year. If so, this is not as much ?bad news? as u think...unless of course....he does not come back full speed after his rehab.

Todd4State
09-21-2018, 04:28 PM
Is Sharpe a JUCO guy who was supposed to contribute next year? If not, he would probably red shirt next year. If so, this is not as much ?bad news? as u think...unless of course....he does not come back full speed after his rehab.

Maybe. If I had to early guess, our o-line might look something like:

LT- Eiland
LG- Reese
C- Daryl Williams
RG- Champion? Story? Parker? Sharp if he signs?
RT- Phillips

Dawg-gone-dawgs
09-22-2018, 10:21 PM
Any chance no recruits saw the game tonight? Does this loss hurt our chances at anybody?************

msstate7
09-22-2018, 10:39 PM
Any chance no recruits saw the game tonight? Does this loss hurt our chances at anybody?************

Dannis and mingo, that could be you scoring 7 points vs Kentucky

smootness
09-22-2018, 10:41 PM
Can't freaking wait to see all the kids we get beating our door down once they get a look at this offense.

msstate7
09-22-2018, 11:56 PM
Pickering not sure anymore

https://mobile.twitter.com/therealnathan22/status/1043672069316206593

KOdawg1
09-23-2018, 09:51 AM
Pickering not sure anymore

https://mobile.twitter.com/therealnathan22/status/1043672069316206593
He just tweeted 9 minutes ago that the tweet has nothing to do with MSU. 100% committed to MSU

msstate7
09-23-2018, 09:53 AM
He just tweeted 9 minutes ago that the tweet has nothing to do with MSU. 100% committed to MSU

Thank God.

msbulldog
09-23-2018, 01:17 PM
Thanks Nathan, welcome to the MSU family1

KOdawg1
09-24-2018, 07:50 AM
LaQuinston Sharp committed last night

msstate7
09-24-2018, 07:52 AM
LaQuinston Sharp committed last night

Good deal. Let's get a little momentum going again

Doggie_Style
09-24-2018, 08:03 AM
Good deal. Let's get a little momentum going again

We have a bunch of recruits coming to the Florida game, Moorhead and Shoop better have their shit together. Lots of eyes will be on this game.

Cary Hudson's little bro
09-24-2018, 09:48 AM
We have a bunch of recruits coming to the Florida game, Moorhead and Shoop better have their shit together. Lots of eyes will be on this game.

Would really like to hear more about this. Are all the commits coming?

Any possible commits in this visitor group? Derick Hall visiting?

Dawg-gone-dawgs
09-24-2018, 09:49 AM
Thanks Nathan, welcome to the MSU family1

He is not here...

Doggie_Style
09-25-2018, 12:38 PM
So Burdine is expected on campus Saturday (as is Derek Hall, Mingo, others). I believe he plans to commit next week. It's either us or Mizzou and we didn't do ourselves any favors last weekend. We need a stellar performance this weekend to make believers out of these recruits.

msu15
09-25-2018, 01:08 PM
So Burdine is expected on campus Saturday (as is Derek Hall, Mingo, others). I believe he plans to commit next week. It's either us or Mizzou and we didn't do ourselves any favors last weekend. We need a stellar performance this weekend to make believers out of these recruits.

Wow yea that's big. Need a beatdown similar to the A&M game in 2014.

Cooterpoot
09-25-2018, 02:45 PM
This is the biggest weekend of recruiting we've had in a long time. Really important to fill up the place and play well. It think those listed are going to be tough pulls, so we need our best.

msbulldog
09-26-2018, 04:08 AM
Burdine's announcement date is Oct. 1.

Cooterpoot
09-26-2018, 10:15 AM
Burdine is headed to MO unless we change his mind this week.

Ifyouonlyknew
09-26-2018, 10:43 AM

I expect to get Burdine. If he chooses Missouri I will be surprised.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
09-26-2018, 11:24 AM

So you are right either way huh? Well played...You're learning

Doggie_Style
09-26-2018, 11:29 AM
I expect to get Burdine. If he chooses Missouri I will be surprised.

I agree. We have the advantage of the last visit plus Starkville is an easy 4 hour drive from Slidell. Only way we lose him is if we look like a total train wreck this weekend (sorta like we looked last weekend). We need his commitment to get recruiting momentum back on track.

Cooterpoot
09-26-2018, 11:49 AM
So you are right either way huh? Well played...You're learning

Not really. There's been some positive stuff the last couple weeks with him. I won't be surprised if we get him. But he's been a MO lean due to family connections. I just choose not to flip because this weekend is a big weekend.

the_real_MSU_is_us
09-26-2018, 01:07 PM
Not really. There's been some positive stuff the last couple weeks with him. I won't be surprised if we get him. But he's been a MO lean due to family connections. I just choose not to flip because this weekend is a big weekend.

I mean you just rephrased the same point lol. If he chooses MO you'll say "See I was right, he was MO lean and we didn't turn him" If he picks State you'll say "See I was right, he was a MO lean but this weekend we turned him."

Dawg-gone-dogs is right, your statement is no different to me saying "I think emery signs with UGA, but if we get him it's because our Staff turned him". We can do it with any recruit whether you have insider info or not. If you have insider info like "Burdine wants his mom to meet T-Buck, if she likes him he'll commit to us" then include that, but a generic "He's a X school lean but we have a shot at flipping him" is a statement everyone on this board can make and defend themselves over after the player in question signs. Not trying to call you out or start a beef or say you have no insider info, I just found the exchange funny

Dawg-gone-dawgs
09-26-2018, 01:14 PM
It is funny and it happens alot here.

Cooterpoot
09-26-2018, 01:42 PM
I mean you just rephrased the same point lol. If he chooses MO you'll say "See I was right, he was MO lean and we didn't turn him" If he picks State you'll say "See I was right, he was a MO lean but this weekend we turned him."

Dawg-gone-dogs is right, your statement is no different to me saying "I think emery signs with UGA, but if we get him it's because our Staff turned him". We can do it with any recruit whether you have insider info or not. If you have insider info like "Burdine wants his mom to meet T-Buck, if she likes him he'll commit to us" then include that, but a generic "He's a X school lean but we have a shot at flipping him" is a statement everyone on this board can make and defend themselves over after the player in question signs. Not trying to call you out or start a beef or say you have no insider info, I just found the exchange funny

No, I'm saying I believe he chooses MO. I said the same thing a month ago. I could flip but I'm just going to hang with what I've said. Just know opinions are split on him.

Ifyouonlyknew
09-27-2018, 11:12 AM
Will be a large crowd of important recruits there Saturday. Atmosphere needs to be great.

Jack Lambert
09-27-2018, 11:20 AM

We fans at the game better have our shit together.

Ifyouonlyknew
09-27-2018, 04:17 PM
May want to get familiar with this kid

https://www.hudl.com/video/3/5403367/5b9d53f842065b0840846104

msstate7
09-27-2018, 04:31 PM

No 247 profile. Saw where uab offered. We mining now, boys**

bulldawg28
09-27-2018, 04:43 PM

He's fast and athletic for sure.

Cooterpoot
09-27-2018, 04:50 PM
Pretty limited video. See he's a track guy, so he fits the profile. Not a lot of wiggle or power shown off in that little bit of video but man he can go. I'm guessing he's behind the other RBs we're looking at.

Ifyouonlyknew
09-27-2018, 05:29 PM
No 247 profile. Saw where uab offered. We mining now, boys**

https://247sports.com/Player/Lee-Witherspoon-46058943/

msstate7
09-27-2018, 05:33 PM
https://247sports.com/Player/Lee-Witherspoon-46058943/

Thanks. I googled name and 247... oh well.

Are we recruiting him at rb?

Ifyouonlyknew
09-27-2018, 05:37 PM
Thanks. I googled name and 247... oh well.

Are we recruiting him at rb?

Yes

Bully13
09-27-2018, 05:54 PM

Is this intended to be a Debbie Downer Post?

Commercecomet24
09-27-2018, 05:57 PM
Yes

I'd heard we may move him to WR, you heard anything on that? I defer to your info cause you have way more info than me.

Ifyouonlyknew
09-27-2018, 07:02 PM

Nope

Ifyouonlyknew
09-27-2018, 07:03 PM
I'd heard we may move him to WR, you heard anything on that? I defer to your info cause you have way more info than me.

I've heard RB.

Commercecomet24
09-27-2018, 07:18 PM
I've heard RB.

Cool, thank you.

ZedFedder
09-27-2018, 07:21 PM
Y’all think he is legit? Video looks good.

msstate7
09-27-2018, 07:25 PM
Y’all think he is legit? Video looks good.

He could be. On the surface though, this looks like we ain't getting gray after not getting emery.

Irondawg
09-27-2018, 07:51 PM
some concern he's Fred Reid all over b/c as the other poster mentioned, not a lot of wiggle there in the video. He might have it though

bulldawg28
09-27-2018, 07:53 PM

Ole miss mentality? Star gazing

msstate7
09-27-2018, 07:56 PM
Ole miss mentality? Star gazing

Well we obviously want emery and gray more. Does that mean our staff is star gazing?

bulldawg28
09-27-2018, 09:34 PM
Well we obviously want emery and gray more. Does that mean our staff is star gazing?

Nope, it means they're recruiting the best talent available. This dude is definitely talented. Football isn't about stars

Commercecomet24
09-27-2018, 09:42 PM
Nope, it means they're recruiting the best talent available. This dude is definitely talented. Football isn't about stars

Well said.

msstate7
09-27-2018, 09:56 PM

Who you got winning the natty?

Cooterpoot
09-27-2018, 10:27 PM
Good to see Mr. Young decked out in MSU gear tonight. Comet, you need to get in his ear.

Commercecomet24
09-27-2018, 10:29 PM
Good to see Mr. Young decked out in MSU gear tonight. Comet, you need to get in his ear.

Lol my son is good buddies with him. He stays on him and so does Nathan.

Cooterpoot
09-27-2018, 10:40 PM
Nathan was wearing Bama gear tonight. LOL

Commercecomet24
09-27-2018, 10:43 PM
Nathan was wearing Bama gear tonight. LOL

They'll wear whatever swag they got handy lol. I think my sons playing fortnite with both of them and couple others right now.

Pit Bull
09-27-2018, 11:17 PM

And Mullen & Co. are definitely looking back into their Mississippi recruiting roots to pick off more of our home state talent. If we crap the bed, you might see an exodus to Gainesville.

Cooterpoot
09-27-2018, 11:22 PM
Mullen doesn’t have many recruiting ins in MS. Most people didn’t care for him or Hev.

msu15
09-28-2018, 07:32 AM
And Mullen & Co. are definitely looking back into their Mississippi recruiting roots to pick off more of our home state talent. If we crap the bed, you might see an exodus to Gainesville.

Na

KOdawg1
09-28-2018, 10:32 AM

Doesn't quite work like that.

Commercecomet24
09-28-2018, 11:08 AM
Mullen doesn’t have many recruiting ins in MS. Most people didn’t care for him or Hev.

Yeah there's quite a few HS coaches are glad they aren't coming around anymore.

Johnson85
09-28-2018, 11:40 AM
Nope

What kidn of competition is he playing against? Is that high level? Or small schools?

hacker
09-28-2018, 12:28 PM
What kidn of competition is he playing against? Is that high level? Or small schools?

4A. The kid is racking up stats.

Last week:

Lee Witherspoon rushed for 359 yards and five touchdowns on 13 carries, leading visiting Class 4A, No. 10-ranked North Jackson to a 49-7 over St. John Paul II in Madison.

Season:

39 carries, 994 yards, 17 TD.. 25.4ypc

Dawg-gone-dawgs
09-28-2018, 01:23 PM

I doubt Mullen will pay tuition for all of them to come to a Florida hs like he did DBlack. Surely he aint that desperate for Mississippi kids.

Westdawg
09-28-2018, 09:10 PM

Dang, that kid is really good. Awesome vision. Excellent balance. Great burst to the second level. Great pad level going through the LOS.......and his OL is straight garbage !!!

ShotgunDawg
09-28-2018, 09:43 PM
Dang, that kid is really good. Awesome vision. Excellent balance. Great burst to the second level. Great pad level going through the LOS.......and his OL is straight garbage !!!

Looks like a thoroughbred in the open field. Awesome acceleration and speed

Pit Bull
09-29-2018, 12:47 AM
I doubt Mullen will pay tuition for all of them to come to a Florida hs like he did DBlack. Surely he aint that desperate for Mississippi kids.

Didn't say he was desperate, but BAMA, LSU, AUB will come into our state looking for a few top cream players they specifically need. And usually, they get them. Mullen did spend about 9 years in Mississippi.....so it is familiar with him. If he has a particular need, I'm sure he will try. Saban seems to get one or two every year.

TALL DAWG
09-29-2018, 08:18 AM
Looks like a thoroughbred in the open field. Awesome acceleration and speed

He is a speedy guy, no doubt about it, but each defense he played against in
the videos looked very suspect to me.

ShotgunDawg
09-29-2018, 08:34 AM
He is a speedy guy, no doubt about it, but each defense he played against in
the videos looked very suspect to me.

I don't consider that as part of what I look at.

Just look at the player. His acceleration, feet, burst, etc.

All high school defenses suck. That should never used as a borameter to evaluate players.

Cooterpoot
09-29-2018, 08:51 AM
I wasn’t that impressed other than his speed. He didn’t run over people or make them miss. He followed his blocking and used his speed. Looks like a straight line runner to me. He’s being recruited as a safety by some schools. But at this point he’s what we’ve got left and could possibly play DB if RB doesn’t work out.

msstate7
09-29-2018, 09:31 AM
I wasn’t that impressed other than his speed. He didn’t run over people or make them miss. He followed his blocking and used his speed. Looks like a straight line runner to me. He’s being recruited as a safety by some schools. But at this point he’s what we’ve got left and could possibly play DB if RB doesn’t work out.

So, was I correct that this guy popping up means gray is a longshot at best?

Doggie_Style
09-29-2018, 09:57 AM

Dang I hope we can beat out UAB for him ****

Bothrops
09-29-2018, 01:26 PM
I can't believe we are having trouble getting RB's, given our MO. We currently have zero commited, and didn't even yield one in '18 for heavens sake.

Hambone
09-29-2018, 02:28 PM
Well technically we did, but he didn’t qualify at the last minute

Homedawg
09-29-2018, 04:15 PM

Hahaha. We might lose em all. But they aren't going there. That's silly.

msstate7
09-30-2018, 06:58 AM
And it was our big recruiting weekend, yay! Wonder if last night damaged us recruiting wise

KOdawg1
09-30-2018, 07:51 AM
And it was our big recruiting weekend, yay! Wonder if last night damaged us recruiting wise

Sure didn't help. If you're a recruit, committed somewhere else, do you want to come play for us? No thanks man

msstate7
09-30-2018, 07:56 AM
Sure didn't help. If you're a recruit, committed somewhere else, do you want to come play for us? No thanks man

If you're a commit, do you wanna stay committed? If this season falls apart, I bet our not so good class does too

Bdawg
09-30-2018, 03:13 PM

Well we can take the OM angle now. Surely they saw early playing time to be had everywhere on the offensive side of the ball!!!!!!

Bothrops
09-30-2018, 03:15 PM

Only thing we can do for recruiting now is win the next SEC game. Can we beat Auburn and their shitty offense?? It's not looking very promising.

Bdawg
09-30-2018, 03:23 PM
Only thing we can do for recruiting now is win the next SEC game. Can we beat Auburn and their shitty offense?? It's not looking very promising.

Got 3-2 written all over it. Sorry not about recruiting. Couldn't contain myself

Bothrops
09-30-2018, 04:38 PM
Got 3-2 written all over it. Sorry not about recruiting. Couldn't contain myself

Oh Lord, you are right! Same building, same team..

StarkVegasSteve
10-01-2018, 09:38 AM
I can't believe we are having trouble getting RB's, given our MO. We currently have zero commited, and didn't even yield one in '18 for heavens sake.

After watching what transpired, I can definitely believe it. I wouldn't want to commit to run behind our line right now either

Doggie_Style
10-02-2018, 08:48 AM
Burdine's announcement date is Oct. 1.

So this didn't happen......anyone heard anything?

Cooterpoot
10-02-2018, 08:56 AM
Didn't happen. At least not officially.

Cary Hudson's little bro
10-02-2018, 09:13 AM
Coker Wright says he has an announcement coming today?

msstate7
10-02-2018, 09:15 AM

Who you think?

Cary Hudson's little bro
10-02-2018, 09:17 AM
IDK. I'm not really dialed in on a career backup C. Anyone know the latest with Burdine?

Doggie_Style
10-02-2018, 09:22 AM

Mustard Buzzard

Cary Hudson's little bro
10-02-2018, 09:27 AM
Ok, good. He'll enjoy his career there.

Ifyouonlyknew
10-02-2018, 10:02 AM
So this didn't happen......anyone heard anything?

Putting out a video this week. Still expecting it to be the good guys.

Doggie_Style
10-02-2018, 10:27 AM
Putting out a video this week. Still expecting it to be the good guys.

Awesome.....thanks!

Ifyouonlyknew
10-02-2018, 03:38 PM
Disappointment is coming

Alphadog
10-02-2018, 03:42 PM
Disappointment is coming

Hint?

Dawgology
10-02-2018, 03:43 PM
Disappointment is coming

If it's bad news just go ahead and drop it so we can all move on.

msstate7
10-02-2018, 03:52 PM
Disappointment is coming

It's been here. Why should we expect any different?

Johnson85
10-02-2018, 03:54 PM
Disappointment is coming

Isn't it about time to change the moniker?

Maybe something like "That New Coach - who is...here...and that's...something...I guess... ... ..."

Dawg-gone-dawgs
10-02-2018, 03:54 PM
Disappointment is coming

Yes...yes it is

Cooterpoot
10-02-2018, 04:02 PM
Not completely unexpected. Was hoping we had made up the ground. Mama gets what mama wants though. Not sure even poon can beat out mama.

msu15
10-02-2018, 04:09 PM
I see Paul changed his Burdine crystal ball to Mizzou

Doggie_Style
10-02-2018, 04:09 PM
Not completely unexpected. Was hoping we had made up the ground. Mama gets what mama wants though. Not sure even poon can beat out mama.

Not sure if we are talking the same thing but I just saw that Paul had changed his CB from us to Mizzou on Burdine....I guess Ish wasn't too impressed with our performance this past couple weeks.....damn

msudawglb
10-02-2018, 04:16 PM

Who are you guys referring to? Who announced?

Ifyouonlyknew
10-02-2018, 04:34 PM

Yep concerning Burdine.

Bothrops
10-02-2018, 04:41 PM
If we lose this weekend, I think recruiting will really start unraveling.

msstate7
10-02-2018, 04:42 PM

Let's hope not bc a win is very unlikely

Doggie_Style
10-02-2018, 04:48 PM

Recruiting has been on hold really for the last 3 months as prospects opted to wait and see how this coaching staff handled business....Professor Mo's floor of 18 signees is starting to look realistic.

Homedawg
10-02-2018, 07:49 PM
We are going to finish about like Mullen did. 30ish. Is what it is. And I agree this staff works way harder at it. Way harder.

msstate7
10-02-2018, 07:54 PM
We are going to finish about like Mullen did. 30ish. Is what it is. And I agree this staff works way harder at it. Way harder.

Guess the kids just don't like em then

Homedawg
10-02-2018, 08:32 PM
Guess the kids just don't like em then

Recruiting is just way more complicated than that. But the effort is there. We are never going to recruit at an elite level. Is what it is. I can get blasted for that, don't care it's true.

msstate7
10-02-2018, 08:36 PM
Recruiting is just way more complicated than that. But the effort is there. We are never going to recruit at an elite level. Is what it is. I can get blasted for that, don't care it's true.

I know we won't. We won't ever be an sec contender year-in, year out either. This is why i have melted so hard over this bed crapping we've done this year. We won't have a team capable of winning 10 for a while

Homedawg
10-02-2018, 08:44 PM
I know we won't. We won't ever be an sec contender year-in, year out either. This is why i have melted so hard over this bed crapping we've done this year. We won't have a team capable of winning 10 for a while

Yeah. That makes it tough to swallow. Trust me, I get it.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
10-02-2018, 09:50 PM

We had a team capable of winning 10 this year and they won't sniff it, So maybe the teams that we predict to go 7-5 will go 10-2. I'm searching for anything here.....haha

msstate7
10-02-2018, 09:52 PM
We had a team capable of winning 10 this year and they won't sniff it, So maybe when there are teams that we predict they will go 7-5 will go 10-2. I searching for anything here.....haha

Perhaps, lol

Commercecomet24
10-02-2018, 11:03 PM
We had a team capable of winning 10 this year and they won't sniff it, So maybe the teams that we predict to go 7-5 will go 10-2. I searching for anything here.....haha

You maybe onto something there. We would've won 10 last year if unm hadn't broke Fitz ankle and could've been 11 if Dan didn't screw up the end of bama game.

smootness
10-03-2018, 08:12 AM
I'm not going to care too much about losing a 3-star safety that people will just claim 4 years from now was never that talented to begin with.

But unless the results on the field change quickly, our recruiting is going to suck.

Hambone
10-03-2018, 02:13 PM
Dylan Lawrence committing soon?

msu15
10-03-2018, 02:27 PM
Perhaps, lol

Appears your prediction of our class might be closer to reality than I thought(I was absolutely counting Burdine for us). Smfh.....

msstate7
10-03-2018, 02:38 PM
Appears your prediction of our class might be closer to reality than I thought(I was absolutely counting Burdine for us). Smfh.....

Hopefully I'm wrong

Irondawg
10-04-2018, 08:09 AM
So what's the story on Burdine - mama win out with Mizzou? That said, how big a loss is this to the class (without knowing who the replacement is)? I watched his junior highlight video on 24/7 and he looked no different than every other 3-star safety I've watched.

Doggie_Style
10-04-2018, 09:01 AM
So what's the story on Burdine - mama win out with Mizzou? That said, how big a loss is this to the class (without knowing who the replacement is)? I watched his junior highlight video on 24/7 and he looked no different than every other 3-star safety I've watched.

Our staff really liked Burdine....our recruiting woes continue....saw where we offered Lee Witherspoon (RB) low 3 star...and he will visit soon, expect him to commit.....not elite just a placeholder....disappointing

hacker
10-04-2018, 09:10 AM
Our staff really liked Burdine....our recruiting woes continue....saw where we offered Lee Witherspoon (RB) low 3 star...and he will visit soon, expect him to commit.....not elite just a placeholder....disappointing

Witherspoon looks pretty damn elite from film and this year's stats. I think he's new to RB and therefore underevaluated. 247 didn't even have a profile for him a couple weeks ago. His recruiting is starting to pick up. Just got a Louisville offer last night.

Posting his stats again.

Last week:

Lee Witherspoon rushed for 359 yards and five touchdowns on 13 carries, leading visiting Class 4A, No. 10-ranked North Jackson to a 49-7 over St. John Paul II in Madison.

Season:

Doggie_Style
10-04-2018, 09:16 AM
Witherspoon looks pretty damn elite from film and this year's stats. I think he's new to RB and therefore underevaluated. 247 didn't even have a profile for him a couple weeks ago. His recruiting is starting to pick up. Just got a Louisville offer last night.

Posting his stats again.

Last week:

Season:

.....and his next best offer is Tulane....smh

Cooterpoot
10-04-2018, 09:21 AM
This is the first year he's ever played RB. Elite? Not right now. Ceiling is high though.

Really Clark?
10-04-2018, 09:46 AM

His recruiting is just starting to really pick up. You have acknowledge that it may take a little while for teams to get film on him in his first year at RB

Ifyouonlyknew
10-04-2018, 10:31 AM

Louisville offered last night. I don't expect it to be his last P5 offer.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
10-04-2018, 10:31 AM
His recruiting is just starting to really pick up. You have acknowledge that it may take a little while for teams to get film on him in his first year at RB

Yes. There is still plenty of time for blue bloods to come in, get his attention and sweep him away.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
10-04-2018, 02:14 PM
I noticed Maurice Hampton is being CB'd to OM and it is not by the usual OM homers so it might actually have legs. I was hoping we could him. What happened with that situation? Are we still on him?

StarkVegasSteve
10-04-2018, 03:51 PM

Posting his stats again.

Last week:

Season:

25.4 YPC?!?!?!?!

He's either playing against very inferior competition or is the next Adrian Peterson

Irondawg
10-04-2018, 04:05 PM
he looks good but the competition on the videos is not that impressive which makes it harder to judge

Ifyouonlyknew
10-04-2018, 05:35 PM
Witherspoon plays 4A Alabama football. He was also selected to the MS/AL game so we'll get a good look at him then. I have a feeling he's about to go on a run of P5 offers. Hopefully if this is who they want they can lock him up. I do know that Eric Gray is coming back again for the 2nd straight weekend so we'll see where that leads. I also wouldn't be surprised if Ealy wasn't back on campus for his 3rd game this year.

Hambone
10-04-2018, 06:16 PM
Well finally some good news rolling in.

msbulldog
10-04-2018, 06:18 PM
Hell if we were on 247, I'd give you a up vote IYOK.

Commercecomet24
10-04-2018, 06:23 PM
Hell if we were on 247, I'd give you a up vote IYOK.

Excellent!

HoopsDawg
10-04-2018, 10:45 PM
Damn it, why have we not offered Drummond from EMCC yet? He's better than everyone on our roster.

Bothrops
10-05-2018, 09:05 AM
I think Witherspoon is elite as an athlete, possibly RB as well. He has elite speed. I hope we can get him, but it won't be easy. Agree on Drummond.

Doggie_Style
10-05-2018, 09:07 AM
Witherspoon plays 4A Alabama football. He was also selected to the MS/AL game so we'll get a good look at him then. I have a feeling he's about to go on a run of P5 offers. Hopefully if this is who they want they can lock him up. I do know that Eric Gray is coming back again for the 2nd straight weekend so we'll see where that leads. I also wouldn't be surprised if Ealy wasn't back on campus for his 3rd game this year.

Are you saying Gray was at the Florida game? I didn't see his name on any of the lists. That's great news if true.

Ifyouonlyknew
10-05-2018, 10:42 AM
Are you saying Gray was at the Florida game? I didn't see his name on any of the lists. That's great news if true.

Yes he was there.

Leroy Jenkins
10-05-2018, 06:15 PM
Damn it, why have we not offered Drummond from EMCC yet? He's better than everyone on our roster.

Just watched his tape, he reminds me a lot of Desean Jackson... if Jackson ran a 4.7 forty.

Ifyouonlyknew
10-06-2018, 08:48 AM
Just an update on Lee Witherspoon who will be on campus today. Last night he had 11 carries 373 yards & 7 TD's. Also had a 57 yard punt return for 6. In 6 games he has 1494 rushing yards & 26 rushing TD's on 65 carries (23ypc). That's not counting special teams & defensive scores. I'm not advocating for this kid because Eric Gray would still be #1 on my board but I'm starting to see why Huff is so intrigued with this kid. We'll see how the RB position shakes out.

msbulldog
10-06-2018, 08:52 AM
Just an update on Lee Witherspoon who will be on campus today. Last night he had 11 carries 373 yards & 7 TD's. Also had a 57 yard punt return for 6. In 6 games he has 1494 rushing yards & 29 rushing TD's. That's not counting special teams & defensive scores. I'm not advocating for this kid because Eric Gray would still be #1 on my board but I'm starting to see why Huff is so intrigued with this kid. We'll see how the RB position shakes out.

Thanks man. You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Ifyouonlyknew again.

hacker
10-06-2018, 09:00 AM
Just an update on Lee Witherspoon who will be on campus today. Last night he had 11 carries 373 yards & 7 TD's. Also had a 57 yard punt return for 6. In 6 games he has 1494 rushing yards & 29 rushing TD's. That's not counting special teams & defensive scores. I'm not advocating for this kid because Eric Gray would still be #1 on my board but I'm starting to see why Huff is so intrigued with this kid. We'll see how the RB position shakes out.

Insane stats

Dawgology
10-06-2018, 06:26 PM
Insane stats

Agreed regardless of competition. Would be a great pickup

Todd4State
10-06-2018, 10:43 PM
I ran into a guy that takes people to the airport in Jackson. He said he just took Byron Young from West Jones who told the driver he was committing to Florida. FWIW.

msstate7
10-06-2018, 10:45 PM
I ran into a guy that takes people to the airport in Jackson. He said he just took Byron Young from West Jones who told the driver he was committing to Florida. FWIW.

Rather Florida than bama

msstate7
10-06-2018, 10:57 PM
So which recruits saw us tonight? Would love to capitalize in recruiting

Bothrops
10-06-2018, 11:35 PM

Witherspoon was there I'm pretty sure.

ShotgunDawg
10-06-2018, 11:39 PM

Gray was supposed to come but didn't make it.

Stinks, I think tonight would've really helped with him

Commercecomet24
10-06-2018, 11:53 PM

My son is buddies with Byron I'll see what I can find out.

KOdawg1
10-07-2018, 12:56 AM
Chris Akporoghene was there. Only reason I know that is because I saw his name tag on the IMG back pack he had

Cooterpoot
10-07-2018, 09:36 AM
The only way Young doesn’t go to Bama is if they pull his offer.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
10-07-2018, 10:43 AM
The only way Young doesn?t go to Bama is if they pull his offer.

Profound.....smh again

Cooterpoot
10-07-2018, 12:38 PM
Profound.....smh again

They aren’t pulling his offer. He’s the best DL in MS in a deep year. He’s not going to FL. Pickering has a higher ceiling but Young would play for us year one. Pickering is a redshirt.

I guess we need to start talking recruiting in Braille for you.

Hambone
10-07-2018, 05:52 PM
I thought there were rumors of some big things happening this weekend??

Cooterpoot
10-07-2018, 06:20 PM
Nope. Just important visitors.

BuckyIsAB****
10-08-2018, 01:10 AM
The Witherspoon kid is playing lower competition but lets not act like 4A Bama HS ball is like Pillow academy or somn like that. That kid can flat out fly

Cooterpoot
10-08-2018, 04:46 AM
Witherspoon is a 10.8 100M, so he can go.

Lord McBuckethead
10-08-2018, 03:31 PM
Let's go ahead and get this guy. I think he is putting up the numbers, has the speed, and knows what to do when you get in the open. How is his pass blocking, seriously?

Jack Lambert
10-08-2018, 03:35 PM
It's getting close to the 1st signing period and all we have is 17 commitments. Should we be worried?

chef dixon
10-08-2018, 05:07 PM
IYOK if you aint busy and care to share, I think we are due for a summary of who we are looking at hard and how you see us finishing.

Commercecomet24
10-08-2018, 05:22 PM
IYOK if you aint busy and care to share, I think we are due for a summary of who we are looking at hard and how you see us finishing.

+1.

DeputyDawg94
10-08-2018, 07:34 PM
If this staff doesn't get a legit RB in this class could Marcus Murphy make the switch?

Ifyouonlyknew
10-08-2018, 07:58 PM

Give me a week or 2.