PDA

View Full Version : 2019 Recruiting Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32

RezDog7
07-27-2018, 02:38 PM
Robbie Faulk CB’d him to OM today. Hopefully he won’t make any cash decisions, I mean rash. Sorry

He gone and Demonte Russell is right behind him. Oh no, what are we going to do? Am I doing this right?

michaelww3d6
07-27-2018, 02:41 PM
As someone who moved away from Mississippi as soon as I turned 18. I get the kids' desire to see something outside of the state. These kids have worked hard and they want to have a good time as well they should. Just breathe you can't predict the future and you don't know what's going to happen between now and signing day. Just RELAX and let them enjoy the process. Some people are on here acting as if the thought process of a 17/18 is the same as a 30,40, or 50 year old. They aren't plain and simple.

Cooterpoot
07-27-2018, 02:43 PM
We'll be ok with Dannis. He'll bounce around a little but we'll be ok with him.

ShotgunDawg
07-27-2018, 02:48 PM
He gone and Demonte Russell is right behind him. Oh no, what are we going to do? Am I doing this right?

Low post count & taunting posters that care about recruiting. You're on a roll

ShotgunDawg
07-27-2018, 02:48 PM
We'll be ok with Dannis. He'll bounce around a little but we'll be ok with him.

So you think we keep him?

AlSwearengen
07-27-2018, 02:56 PM
If D. Jackson ends up at olemiss over MSU, someone is giving him some awful advice. Get coaching from Getsy and his resume or the clown show at olemiss. That would be some poor long term investment decisions.

I?m sure they are selling him on doing what a.j. Brown is doing, but brown will likely get to the nfl and not understand route trees, the same as treadwell.

RezDog7
07-27-2018, 03:14 PM
Low post count & taunting posters that care about recruiting. You're on a roll

High post count but can't handle recruiting.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
07-27-2018, 03:21 PM
Dont wanna count any chickens before they hatch, and I have no clue if its going to be Mingo tomorrow or not. But I can say this, he isnt going to have any off field problems wont miss a rep nor a practice and has a good football mind. He is explosive after the catch and Jarrian Jones knows he is the best WR in the state. Ask him.

Moorhead has made a huge difference with him. If we still had Mullen idk if we would even be in the game with him at this point.

OM is going to go all out to get Mingo and flip Jackson..considering they are losing one of their top recruits to Florida....

StateDawg44
07-27-2018, 03:25 PM
High post count but can't handle recruiting.

Can't you see? Your post count on this site directly correlates with how much care about MSU.

----

I was going to put asterisks after that but I think I'm beginning to understand Shotgun's logic if that is truly the way he thinks. Maybe Shotgun cares too much about MSU. Just like he posts too much of what he thinks to be factual, just because it's his opinion. Damn you if you disagree.

ShotgunDawg
07-27-2018, 03:27 PM
OM is going to go all out to get Mingo and flip Jackson..considering they are losing one of their top recruits to Florida....

I seriously doubt Black signs with Florida

Cooterpoot
07-27-2018, 03:30 PM
So you think we keep him?

On signing day, I think he signs with us.

preachermatt83
07-27-2018, 04:16 PM
Jackson may be iffy at times but I don't see him playing anywhere else besides Mississippi State

BuckyIsAB****
07-27-2018, 04:39 PM
Absolutely we could

Not sure MSU care enough to do that though. Bama, Auburn, & LSU fans probably do though

If any of yall think some of our fans are going to random high school games to ring cowbells for kids is a logical thing to do or if you as a rational human being would decide to do that, you need to get on some meds. It would make little to no difference at all and I hope this is a joke.

I love cowbells as much or more than anyone and its always cool to play at a place in high school that uses them (brandon, oak grove come to mind) but good gosh. Chill out

BuckyIsAB****
07-27-2018, 04:41 PM

Without going into too much detail, Im not worried about OM with Mingo unless something changes

Dawg-gone-dawgs
07-27-2018, 04:59 PM

Not what I heard....but I will still be shocked if he don't go JUCO.

Bully13
07-27-2018, 05:01 PM
Not what I heard....but I will still be shocked if he don't go JUCO.

Mullen signing him would tickle the shit out of me. And then if Black goes Juco, We could have ourselves a collective MSU circle jerk.

preachermatt83
07-27-2018, 05:02 PM
Got a 2020 commit from safety prospect. 3 Star out of Alabama. Trenton Yowe

Bothrops
07-27-2018, 05:16 PM
What's going on with Russell? Are the sharts giving him a ride this weekend?

Uncle Ruckus
07-27-2018, 05:58 PM
What's going on with Russell? Are the sharts giving him a ride this weekend?
Shay Hodge is what’s going on. 17 that guy.

ShotgunDawg
07-27-2018, 06:14 PM
Shay Hodge is what’s going on. 17 that guy.

Tommy Kelly is Russell's coach as well.

msbulldog
07-27-2018, 06:23 PM

Gun, I always enjoy your posts and value your in-sight on matters especially baseball! I appreciate your 'winning always' attitude. You remind me of Clint Eastwood in the movie "Trouble with the Curve". It's a story of a of an older MLB scout who had seen a lot of water under the bridge. He made a helluva find of a high school pitcher and got reunited with his daughter. Great movie if you haven't seen it, it's worth watching. The on the field scenes were filmed at the Macon Ga. minor league park across the railroad tracks from my then corporate office. The bar scenes were filmed in my 'Cheers' it's actually named Cheers. You're catching a bunch of crap in this thread, keep up the good fight, my Bulldog brother! Hail State! Tried to Rep!

Bully13
07-27-2018, 06:48 PM
Gun, I always enjoy your posts and value your in-sight on matters especially baseball! I appreciate your 'winning always' attitude. You remind me of Clint Eastwood in the movie "Trouble with the Curve". It's a story of a of an older MLB scout who had seen a lot of water under the bridge. He made a helluva find of a high school pitcher and got reunited with his daughter. Great movie if you haven't seen it, it's worth watching. The on the field scenes were filmed at the Macon Ga. minor league park across the railroad tracks from my then corporate office. The bar scenes were filmed in my 'Cheers' it's actually named Cheers. You're catching a bunch of crap in this thread, keep up the good fight, my Bulldog brother! Hail State! Tried to Rep!

Thank you for that. It makes me wanna go check out the movie.

BankerDog
07-27-2018, 06:51 PM
I remember vividly Croom and Ellis Johnson not even coming to watch Shay Hodge and when he finally saw tape.."Not a SEC WR". We missed out on a great college WR but an even bigger asset that would've helped after graduation. We really need more Bulldogs involved on the MS Grind 7v7 team. Hodges is a good dude but since they've added Shay to the coaching staff a lot more of those guys are swayed to OM.

Bully13
07-27-2018, 06:56 PM
I remember vividly Croom and Ellis Johnson not even coming to watch Shay Hodge and when he finally saw tape.."Not a SEC WR". We missed out on a great college WR but an even bigger asset that would've helped after graduation. We really need more Bulldogs involved on the MS Grind 7v7 team. Hodges is a good dude but since they've added Shay to the coaching staff a lot more of those guys are swayed to OM.

Post More.

Cooterpoot
07-27-2018, 07:26 PM
It didn’t matter if Croom wanted Hodges or not. He was a done deal to OM regardless.

Dawgtini
07-27-2018, 07:40 PM
Absolutely we could

Not sure MSU care enough to do that though. Bama, Auburn, & LSU fans probably do though

Fine. They can ring cowbells too. Permission granted.

BankerDog
07-27-2018, 08:40 PM
It didn’t matter if Croom wanted Hodges or not. He was a done deal to OM regardless.

No not exactly.

Todd4State
07-28-2018, 12:07 AM

You mean like Jarrian Jones?

Cooterpoot
07-28-2018, 09:02 AM
IYOK hearing good stuff on Burdine. Looks like you were right.

ShotgunDawg
07-28-2018, 09:16 AM
IYOK hearing good stuff on Burdine. Looks like you were right.

Would be awesome

A safety rate 90 by 247

BankerDog
07-28-2018, 09:21 AM
You mean like Jarrian Jones?

To an extent yes. He's been great for us. But who's going to be that guy for us next year or the year after?

Bully13
07-28-2018, 09:45 AM
To an extent yes. He's been great for us. But who's going to be that guy for us next year or the year after?

https://s33.postimg.cc/5g2amw51r/Anxiety_Girl_Worrying.jpg

ShotgunDawg
07-28-2018, 10:33 AM
I wonder if IYOK or Ari are hearing any rumors of have insight?

Pit Bull
07-28-2018, 06:12 PM
Didn't realize Jerrion Ealy was waivering a bit. He seems to be warming up some to JoMo and Huff. He was at the MSU BBQ this weekend and was talking real positive about our football program. I thought he was a solid lock for the ReBearSharks. Genespage seems to think different and apparently Ealy is visiting BAMA as well. Lemonis spoke with him and guaranteed he could play football and baseball if he chooses. However, I still think he is a high draft choice and will take the money and run. If we're going after Ealy this hard, then that likely means Emery is gone for good to LSU and our staff knows it.

SmokeyDawg
07-28-2018, 06:33 PM
This isn't anything new besides him visiting and us getting an interview with him. There was similar things being said about a month or 2 ago. I wouldn't take it as us moving on from Emery but more so if he decides to go to college you definitely have to put your hat on the table and you do that by building a relationship with him.

Bully13
07-28-2018, 06:37 PM
Didn't realize Jerrion Ealy was waivering a bit. He seems to be warming up some to JoMo and Huff. He was at the MSU BBQ this weekend and was talking real positive about our football program. I thought he was a solid lock for the ReBearSharks. Genespage seems to think different and apparently Ealy is visiting BAMA as well. Lemonis spoke with him and guaranteed he could play football and baseball if he chooses. However, I still think he is a high draft choice and will take the money and run. If we're going after Ealy this hard, then that likely means Emery is gone for good to LSU and our staff knows it.

Not a bad take. However I'm going with that sales pitch as insurance in case something weird pops up next MLB Draft and Ealy don't go where he was supposed to. I've seen no info suggesting anything but this guy going pro 1st opportunity.

Cooterpoot
07-28-2018, 06:57 PM
Ealy is gone unless he gets hurt. Won’t be any money issue there.

NCDawg
07-28-2018, 07:45 PM
Watching Ealy's film, he is a very good RB-almost comparable to Emery imo. I really wish we could get him to come to State.

SouthMSDog
07-28-2018, 08:24 PM
Watching Ealy's film, he is a very good RB-almost comparable to Emery imo. I really wish we could get him to come to State.

While this class is better than most under Mullen, this weekend looks like a minor bust in terms of 2019 prospects. People were calling for as many as 5 commits from various classes and we have 1. Jackson no shows and spends 3 days in Oxford, Mingo doesn?t stay the night in Starkville but does Oxford. Charles Moore is at Tenn (not worried about that one), Hall said he was coming for a day but went to FSU instead, and apparently Coker Wright looked extremely average. More like Flop Dawg Weekend, am I?m right?**rimshot

However, Burdine and Ealy (him to a lesser extent given MLB status) were nice surprises. Hopefully we made some good strides with these ultra talented 2020 and younger guys.

Doggie_Style
07-28-2018, 08:52 PM
While this class is better than most under Mullen, this weekend looks like a minor bust in terms of 2019 prospects. People were calling for as many as 5 commits from various classes and we have 1. Jackson no shows and spends 3 days in Oxford, Mingo doesn?t stay the night in Starkville but does Oxford. Charles Moore is at Tenn (not worried about that one), Hall said he was coming for a day but went to FSU instead, and apparently Coker Wright looked extremely average. More like Flop Dawg Weekend, am I?m right?**rimshot

However, Burdine and Ealy (him to a lesser extent given MLB status) were nice surprises. Hopefully we made some good strides with these ultra talented 2020 and younger guys.

As far as 2019 goes the weekend was a complete bust...Brooks Rayburn was the Top 2019 Dawg....and that?s kind of a let down...hope our staff can find some was to restart momentum

Todd4State
07-28-2018, 09:24 PM

More than anything we need the season to start. I think what has hurt us with the wide receivers is they still think that we're going to be a ground and pound option team. Once they see us winning and being balanced I think it will help a lot.

I also think Big/Top Dawg Camp is going to be different under Joe than it was Dan. With Dan I felt like he wanted everyone to commit so that he would have less work to do. With Joe we're going to be a lot more aggressive and proactive.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
07-28-2018, 09:55 PM
I don't get some people. We got some huge commits awhile back and the staff is doing a great job recruiting but our fans expect this kind of momentum every single day it seems. Have you not all figured out that there are peaks and valleys throughout this process? We are and will be fine. This is a different regime and I think they are leaps and bounds better than what we had as far as recruiters go.

Cooterpoot
07-28-2018, 10:09 PM
This isn’t Dan Mullen. We aren’t putting everything into one weekend. Today was a camp and none of the guys with spots needed to be there. It’s pretty obvious a lot of kids are having fun with their recruiting.

Bothrops
07-28-2018, 10:18 PM
Didn't we have a recent BDC that resulted in zero commits?

Cooterpoot
07-28-2018, 10:22 PM
We?re going to add a couple commits the next couple weeks. You ***** ass fans keep whining just to hear yourselves.

Todd4State
07-28-2018, 11:26 PM
I don't get some people. We got some huge commits awhile back and the staff is doing a great job recruiting but our fans expect this kind of momentum every single day it seems. Have you not all figured out that there are peaks and valleys throughout this process? We are and will be fine. This is a different regime and I think they are leaps and bounds better than what we had as far as recruiters go.

It's understandable since under Dan typically our biggest recruiting day was Big Dawg Camp. But the other thing people need to understand is that we have a lot more commitments at this point than we typically did under Dan also.

Commercecomet24
07-28-2018, 11:39 PM
This isn’t Dan Mullen. We aren’t putting everything into one weekend. Today was a camp and none of the guys with spots needed to be there. It’s pretty obvious a lot of kids are having fun with their recruiting.

Rep given!

Hambone
07-29-2018, 02:14 AM
So was Ealy the one Jarrian Jones was alluding to that would “Make Ole Miss fans sad?”

Ari Gold
07-29-2018, 07:20 AM

Someone gets it...

Ari Gold
07-29-2018, 07:26 AM

Give me a list of people who said 5 commits for TDC...

Ari Gold
07-29-2018, 07:41 AM
It's understandable since under Dan typically our biggest recruiting day was Big Dawg Camp. But the other thing people need to understand is that we have a lot more commitments at this point than we typically did under Dan also.

There is also a handful of kids that would already be committed if Dan were here that are wait and see guys now.. our class would look more like UM right now with the old staff
And a handful we probably wouldn’t have committed right now .. Jones being one of them

Everyone enjoy the fall camp, hope for no injuries , and enjoy the hell out of this season we are about to have.
This staff knows how to recruit , trust me. And the results we will see on the field this season damn sure won’t hurt either
This will end up being one of the best classes we have had..

preachermatt83
07-29-2018, 09:23 AM
There is also a handful of kids that would already be committed if Dan were here that are wait and see guys now.. our class would look more like UM right now with the old staff
And a handful we probably wouldn’t have committed right now .. Jones being one of them

Everyone enjoy the fall camp, hope for no injuries , and enjoy the hell out of this season we are about to have.
This staff knows how to recruit , trust me. And the results we will see on the field this season damn sure won’t hurt either
This will end up being one of the best classes we have had..

Do U think Jackson flips to OM?

Ari Gold
07-29-2018, 09:42 AM
Do U think Jackson flips to OM?

Wouldn’t shock me either way. Just like it wouldn’t shock me if Black, Ealy, Turnage, Young and Handy all decommited at some point
I was more shocked he commited to us this early in the first place.
Out of Watkins, Scurry, Mingo, and Jackson if we land 2 of these it will be a win. More than is gravy. And I think we will land 2 for sure

1bigdawg
07-29-2018, 09:53 AM
Ari, What do you think of Rayburn?

Cooterpoot
07-29-2018, 10:10 AM
Rayburn is a guy you offer a preferred walk-on spot to. Just like Wright. Unless you lose out on everybody else.

Coursesuper
07-29-2018, 10:17 AM
Rayburn is a guy you offer a preferred walk-on spot to. Just like Wright. Unless you lose out on everybody else.

Why do you think that?

ShotgunDawg
07-29-2018, 10:21 AM
Why do you think that?

Because neither one has the measurables of a typical SEC football player.

You recruit for the most part by the book because the book exist for a reason. It's usually right. When you start signing a bunch of players that don't have the measurables of a typical SEC football player, you end up with a team of players that don't have the measurables of a typical SEC football player

Coursesuper
07-29-2018, 10:28 AM

You recruit for the most part by the book because the book exist for a reason. It's usually right. When you start signing a bunch of players that don't have the measurables of a typical SEC football player, you end up with a team of players that don't have the measurables of a typical SEC football player

So a kid that is 6’1” plus, runs a 4.5 lazer time 40, runs great routes and had 10 TDs with very limited touches and plays in a modified T formation offense just doesn’t have SEC measureables.

Doggie_Style
07-29-2018, 10:39 AM
So a kid that is 6?1? plus, runs a 4.5 lazer time 40, runs great routes and had 10 TDs with very limited touches and plays in a modified T formation offense just doesn?t have SEC measureables.

He will need to add 15-20 LBs of muscle while retaining his speed and quickness in order to handle contact...I also think we try to go the PWO route with him unless we can?t land two of our top four

ShotgunDawg
07-29-2018, 10:43 AM
So a kid that is 6’1” plus, runs a 4.5 lazer time 40, runs great routes and had 10 TDs with very limited touches and plays in a modified T formation offense just doesn’t have SEC measureables.

He sounds like the Hunter Renfrow kid at Clemson. I think you let those types walk-on unless you have a spot late in the process.

Remember, we can only take about 4-5 more commitments

1bigdawg
07-29-2018, 10:50 AM
Remember, we can only take about 4-5 more commitments

We remember differently. I believe we will sign 26 or 27. None of that is to say that we should definitely sign Rayburn. Although, observers yesterday said he ran a legit 4.5 and had great hands.

Cooterpoot
07-29-2018, 10:50 AM
Why do you think that?

Because he’s not as good as the guys ahead of him and we only have so many scholarships.

Bothrops
07-29-2018, 11:22 AM
Because he’s not as good as the guys ahead of him and we only have so many scholarships.

He's one of the better hs receivers in the state, but physically isn't anywhere near ready for the SEC. Our coaches will probably evaluate him closely in his physical development.

SilentSteel16
07-29-2018, 11:30 AM
Longtime reader, 1st time posting, Everyone needs to relax with the recruiting slow down. This coaching group is going after and landing far better recruits than we have routinely gone after in the past decade. Granted this is a very rare and strong in state class, you still can’t discount the coaching staff for their out of state pursuits. Emery would be amazing, but you are kidding yourselves if you think Mullen would have ever been in the coversation. The fact that Emery is even considering us, is gigantic.
I work in South La, and I am surrounded by true DIE HARD LSU fans, it is not lost on them the effect of MSU recruiting. I have even gotten them to acknowledge State has an added disadvantage of having a fellow SEC school in state. LSU has the market cornered from birth in LA, but that is beginning to be questioned with JoMoe and company.... Hail State

ShotgunDawg
07-29-2018, 11:47 AM
Charles Cross commits to FSU

ShotgunDawg
07-29-2018, 11:54 AM
Longtime reader, 1st time posting, Everyone needs to relax with the recruiting slow down. This coaching group is going after and landing far better recruits than we have routinely gone after in the past decade. Granted this is a very rare and strong in state class, you still can’t discount the coaching staff for their out of state pursuits. Emery would be amazing, but you are kidding yourselves if you think Mullen would have ever been in the coversation. The fact that Emery is even considering us, is gigantic.
I work in South La, and I am surrounded by true DIE HARD LSU fans, it is not lost on them the effect of MSU recruiting. I have even gotten them to acknowledge State has an added disadvantage of having a fellow SEC school in state. LSU has the market cornered from birth in LA, but that is beginning to be questioned with JoMoe and company.... Hail State

MSU has so many disadvantages that we've had to overcome that most/all SEC schools have absolutely no clue.

- Two SEC schools in-state
- small in-state population
- Although growing exponentially, built in the middle of nowhere, which has made making it "somewhere" a challenge.
- Not only two SEC schools in the same, small population state, but both SEC schools are in the north portion of the state. South MS has little connection.
- A random G5 school (USM) that traditionally stole a useful portion of the state population. This is deteriorating.
- LSU, Alabama within 1 hour of state lines.
- All this leads to a state that is split & never pulling in the same direction. Very little sidewalk fan base which hurts in areas where most players come from.
- Having to play @ LSU for almost 30 years in a row.
- Home games in Jackson, which stunted Starkville's growth
- Having to play Alabama every year while our rival did not.

It's just a mess. The good news is that MSU's profile as a successful SEC school is dragging it out of these disadvantages. We are on the cusp of becoming a national brand that appeals to people outside of the state, which is the solution. For so long MSU has been plagued by disadvantages, but as good fortune would have it, the Golden Triangle is growing, Starkville is becoming legit, we have beautiful & growing on campus stadium, & most importantly, we emerged from poor past leadership & circumstances with 1 of 14 seats of the most powerful college sport entity in the country & we are surrounded on all side by one of the most fruitful recruiting areas in the nation. While we still have excuses, they are growing fewer by the day

Bothrops
07-29-2018, 12:29 PM
The outside perception of Starkville and MSU still won't change until 10-20 years after the fact.

ShotgunDawg
07-29-2018, 12:32 PM
The outside perception of Starkville and MSU still won't change until 10-20 years after the fact.

You could be right as there are many who have a vested interest in maintaining that perception.

SilentSteel16
07-29-2018, 12:47 PM
You could be right as there are many who have a vested interest in maintaining that perception.

Well as long as LSU keeps Coach O ?which may not be too long,? and OM has frat boy we stand a great chance of prevailing regionally if not nationally. Saban will eventually retire and Mullen would be hard pressed to get anywhere against Smart and UGA. I believe with us churning out players such as Dak, Wright,BMck, Sweat, Simmons and Slay, we will continue to get the next group such as Shrader and Jarrian Jones. The legacy of State will continue to climb along with the traditions of ?Don?t stop Believing.?

Not to mention a couple of National titles in Basketball and Baseball won?t hurt. Cohen has this University going in the right direction which has been entirely lacking in the past.

These recruits especially in football are completely buying into these coaches and themselves. It is our job as fans to continue to root them on, which has been proven to be working by being regarded as one of the loudest stadiums in the NCAA.

Going to be a fun year for many sports starting on the gridiron !!

KOdawg1
07-29-2018, 01:52 PM
Charles Cross commits to FSU
Ari or IYOK, will this last or will he stay in state?

Cooterpoot
07-29-2018, 01:55 PM
He gone. Had little interest in us once he started getting offers. We weren’t even his 2nd option.

deadheaddawg
07-29-2018, 01:56 PM
Amazing how a bunch of under 1,000 post guys are telling me I should leave this board for another one. LOL

LOL at bragging about post count on a message board.

I feel sorry for you tbh

KOdawg1
07-29-2018, 02:02 PM
He gone. Had little interest in us once he started getting offers. We weren’t even his 2nd option.

I figured. Oh well, move on and let's get someone else. That's all you can do.

Goldendawg
07-29-2018, 02:15 PM

Is it because this is such a deep, talented class that it seems like more than usual are going out of state thus far?

Bothrops
07-29-2018, 02:31 PM
Is it because this is such a deep, talented class that it seems like more than usual are going out of state thus far?

This is exactly correct. Just think how many guys would have gotten away if Mullen had been here.

the_real_MSU_is_us
07-29-2018, 02:37 PM

The truth is in most year MS only has 3-5 guys that the LSU's and Bama's want and push for, this class has 15+. So it's not that this class doesn't like MS relative to past classes, nor is it that we've always gotten our pick of guys and it's just the scraps that are leaving. There's a lot more guys leaving this year because there's a lot more guys with the opportunity to leave. Is what it is, just have to rely on out of state guys to fill in

bostondawg
07-29-2018, 05:56 PM
Just bringing in the news to this thread. Emery commits to UGA.

BuckyIsAB****
07-29-2018, 06:08 PM

Rayburn from Hancock can ball. Trust me.

A lot of people said Austin Williams was too small to play in the SEC and now look. Rayburn is faster than Williams and about the same size he was in high school.

msstate7
07-29-2018, 06:18 PM
Just bringing in the news to this thread. Emery commits to UGA.

Shouldn't be surprising... apparently Georgia gets who they want. I have a hard time seeing us flip an out of state kid from the newest recruiting king on the block. Next...

Cooterpoot
07-29-2018, 06:29 PM
Rayburn from Hancock can ball. Trust me.

A lot of people said Austin Williams was too small to play in the SEC and now look. Rayburn is faster than Williams and about the same size he was in high school.

And we don’t need another possession receiver. Plus, remind me what Williams has done when he’s actually done it in a game. People are waaaay over buying on his stock. He’s no big play guy. He’s a smart guy. We need big play potential. But, Rayburn is probably going to get his shot.

Ari Gold
07-29-2018, 06:36 PM
Shouldn't be surprising... apparently Georgia gets who they want. I have a hard time seeing us flip an out of state kid from the newest recruiting king on the block. Next...

Maybe not
But it will be a lot easier to flip from UGA than LSU ...
I put it out there then all the so called recruiting experts followed suit saying that Emery would commit to state And I always thought it would be a battle to keep him . We now have a bigger battle on our hands that’s to flip him .. and from what I have heard The Dad is who’s pro UGA which is conflicting news that was reported by Rosebowl since he “talked to the dad”..
Let’s see what happens I don’t know about IYOK but I will stay on Emery Island until he signs.. Because I don’t think he shuts it down.. we shall see

the_real_MSU_is_us
07-29-2018, 06:37 PM
And we don’t need another possession receiver. Plus, remind me what Williams has done when he’s actually done it in a game. People are waaaay over buying on his stock. He’s no big play guy. He’s a smart guy. We need big play potential. But, Rayburn is probably going to get his shot.

We need big play potential RIGHT NOW, but 3-5 years from now (when you can expect most '19 commits to be starters) we'll need both big play and possession receivers. You can't just ignore one because it looks like the current roster is stacked with them- Mitchell, Jackson, Mixon, Dear, Thomas, Couch will all be gone when Rayburn/whatever 2019 kid is in his prime.

Note that I'm not saying anything about Rayburn, I know nothing about him. I'm merely saying that we also need to recruit possession guys along with home run outside threats

Cooterpoot
07-29-2018, 06:38 PM
I think Emery ends up at LSU. I think this is just the flip set up for them.

Bothrops
07-29-2018, 06:41 PM

I think he stays put at Georgia.

Cooterpoot
07-29-2018, 06:46 PM
You guys would recruit like Mullen. He would’ve already offered Rayburn. He has no offers. No need to jump on that right now.

msstate7
07-29-2018, 06:46 PM
Maybe not
But it will be a lot easier to flip from UGA than LSU ...
I put it out there then all the so called recruiting experts followed suit saying that Emery would commit to state And I always thought it would be a battle to keep him . We now have a bigger battle on our hands that?s to flip him .. and from what I have heard The Dad is who?s pro UGA which is conflicting news that was reported by Rosebowl since he ?talked to the dad?..
Let?s see what happens I don?t know about IYOK but I will stay on Emery Island until he signs.. Because I don?t think he shuts it down.. we shall see

I'm just basing my opinion on what I see from the outside looking in. My opinion on this is 100% speculation. Would love to be wrong. You clearly know much, much more than me on this

Cooterpoot
07-29-2018, 06:49 PM
I think he stays put at Georgia.

If I believed I was a great RB, I’d choose UGA over LSU. Much better shot at winning it all. I’m just guessing on Emery. I have no info there.

msbulldog
07-29-2018, 06:55 PM

Remember this post when he scores his 1st TD 1st game!

Todd4State
07-29-2018, 06:56 PM

I think there's a lot of local pressure on him to go to LSU and he doesn't want to go there. Just a guess.

Todd4State
07-29-2018, 06:57 PM

If he can play I want him. But I would also at the same time see how the board looks and offer him later if there is a spot.

ShotgunDawg
07-29-2018, 07:00 PM
Recruiting has developed into a travel ball culture where coaching and system don't matter. All that matters is the status of the helmet and playing with others you consider yourself equal too

NCDawg
07-29-2018, 07:09 PM
Best RB I've seen is Ealy, and that includes Emery. If we can possibly flip him, that would be fantastic. Everybody says he's a great baseball player and will probably sign a contract, but I think we should go all out to get him if we possible can.

Hambone
07-29-2018, 07:40 PM
So I was blasted when I said we should be worried when Georgia ramped up their pursuit of of Emery....

Goldendawg
07-29-2018, 07:40 PM
Our quick success with commits for this class gave me maroon colored glasses, but it probably wouldn't be anywhere near this if the Country Club was still there. We have 8 of the top 25 committed, although 1 is predicted by some to flip. There are 4 of the top 25 uncommitted who are warmer (1) or warm (3) to us according to 24/7. I thought we were closer to the day that bama, AU, and other blue bloods couldn't cherry pick so easily. Only beating them regularly will stop this. Moving from the higher plateau that Dan carried us to is appreciated but the climb higher only comes from knocking others down the mountain. What have we had, one winning record in the SEC in the last ? years? Big year on the field will help change minds. Bring it on. Hail State!

Turfdawg67
07-29-2018, 07:49 PM
I'm just basing my opinion on what I see from the outside looking in. My opinion on this is 100% speculation. Would love to be wrong. You clearly know much, much more than me on this

Of course he does... all the so called experts follow his lead.

Turfdawg67
07-29-2018, 08:02 PM
My guess is Hubbard is our next commit during or after BDC. Emery probably just after that with a chance of picking up Cross, Bell and Burdine before September. after that it will be wait until December for a couple more.

Ouch, no more guessing from you!

Doggie_Style
07-29-2018, 08:08 PM
Ouch, no more guessing from you!

So what is not accurate with that statement? I still think our next commitment is Hubbard, September 1, after camp. The others were a maybe and we whiffed on Cross. Burdine will be a Dawg.....blow it out your a**

DawgHouseUnited
07-30-2018, 09:32 AM
Question for the recruiting guys here (I have nowhere near the knowledge you guys have). When will the class of 2020 'crooting really get rolling? I have my eye on a 2020 qb but I'm not familiar enough with recruiting to know the process.

ShotgunDawg
07-30-2018, 09:36 AM
Question for the recruiting guys here (I have nowhere near the knowledge you guys have). When will the class of 2020 'crooting really get rolling? I have my eye on a 2020 qb but I'm not familiar enough with recruiting to know the process.

Usually the next year's recruiting gets going about right now & will ramp up as those players take visits during the season.

DawgHouseUnited
07-30-2018, 09:46 AM
Usually the next year's recruiting gets going about right now & will ramp up as those players take visits during the season.

Thanks. He's been to a bunch of camps this summer and played on a 7v7 team, I just don't know how it all actually works out.

msbulldog
07-30-2018, 12:03 PM
Thanks. He's been to a bunch of camps this summer and played on a 7v7 team, I just don't know how it all actually works out.

If he id good our coaches will be on him. You should not try to recruit him.

DawgHouseUnited
07-30-2018, 02:44 PM

I'm definitely staying out of it. More just curious about the actual workings of the process.

Bully13
07-30-2018, 02:47 PM

Did he say he was trying to recruit him?

Hey United, who is the QB you speak of?

Bothrops
07-30-2018, 08:58 PM
Jackson flips. Welcome to the SEC West/Mississippi-branch CJM! Mingo or bust now!

Cooterpoot
07-30-2018, 09:00 PM
He’s been committed to 3 schools in 3 months. He’s struggling with recruiting. He’ll be back on the market later.

ShotgunDawg
07-30-2018, 09:05 PM
He’s been committed to 3 schools in 3 months. He’s struggling with recruiting. He’ll be back on the market later.

I tend to agree with this.

He's extremely emotional and just commits to whoever he visits.

SilentSteel16
07-30-2018, 09:11 PM
Who was the 14 year old Mullen had recruited years ago? ESPN I believe wrote an article about it. Can’t seem to find it though, maybe I imagined it.

Also, another young name to watch for is PJ Lindsay out of NWRankin.

Doggie_Style
07-30-2018, 09:12 PM
I tend to agree with this.

He's extremely emotional and just commits to whoever he visits.

He?s right where he always wanted to be.....I think Mingo goes with him

ShotgunDawg
07-30-2018, 09:16 PM
He?s right where he always wanted to be.....I think Mingo goes with him

Losing both would really hurt

Doggie_Style
07-30-2018, 09:20 PM
Losing both would really hurt

Yup....looks like we will have that spot for Rayburn after all

ShotgunDawg
07-30-2018, 09:24 PM
Yup....looks like we will have that spot for Rayburn after all

Is Mingo leaning OM?

BuckyIsAB****
07-30-2018, 09:32 PM
Is Mingo leaning OM?

No..

BuckyIsAB****
07-30-2018, 09:33 PM
And we don?t need another possession receiver. Plus, remind me what Williams has done when he?s actually done it in a game. People are waaaay over buying on his stock. He?s no big play guy. He?s a smart guy. We need big play potential. But, Rayburn is probably going to get his shot.

You are the only person who could hold it against a kid who got redshirted. He was the most consistent WR we had all spring.

Rayburn isnt a possession guy, he hasnt been his whole career and he wont be in college. He is a deep threat. You are way off on this one. Trust me. He can run

BuckyIsAB****
07-30-2018, 09:35 PM
Recruiting has developed into a travel ball culture where coaching and system don't matter. All that matters is the status of the helmet and playing with others you consider yourself equal too

Its a cycle. Some classes are different than others. Dont put too much stock in it and trust Moorhead and co. (doing great so far) and youll be fine.

IYOK said this would be a roller coaster way back in like May. Drink a beer it is going to be ok

ShotgunDawg
07-30-2018, 09:35 PM
No..

Whatcha hearing?

BuckyIsAB****
07-30-2018, 09:39 PM
Whatcha hearing?

We will see when he commits. He has been pretty quiet about his recruitment. OM isnt our biggest threat for him. I'll leave it at that

BuckyIsAB****
07-30-2018, 09:40 PM
Whatcha hearing?

''Momentum'' is def leaning our way rn

Bothrops
07-30-2018, 09:41 PM
Mingo is a ****ing must get, if Moorhead wants to run his offense here. I'd offer Rayburn a scholly right now, no matter what.

ShotgunDawg
07-30-2018, 09:44 PM
We will see when he commits. He has been pretty quiet about his recruitment. OM isnt our biggest threat for him. I'll leave it at that

Oh boy, not UGA again

KOdawg1
07-30-2018, 09:44 PM
Dropped our recruiting ranking to 19th. Boosted OMs to 13th. **** the NCAA.

Seems like we've lost our momentum. It's up to Joe and Co. to get it back

Cooterpoot
07-30-2018, 09:53 PM
You are the only person who could hold it against a kid who got redshirted. He was the most consistent WR we had all spring.

Rayburn isnt a possession guy, he hasnt been his whole career and he wont be in college. He is a deep threat. You are way off on this one. Trust me. He can run

And kids have great Springs and spring games every year and do nothing in the SEC schedule. He’ll make some plays but he’s not putting up 1000 yard seasons. If Rayburn were legit he’d have offers. Even G5 schools aren’t chasing him. Get real. He’s not a big help for us. He’s more of the same. He’s not a deep threat guy in the SEC.

Bothrops
07-30-2018, 10:03 PM
Dropped our recruiting ranking to 19th. Boosted OMs to 13th. **** the NCAA.

Seems like we've lost our momentum. It's up to Joe and Co. to get it back

I mean hell, Arkansas is one spot behind us all the sudden lol They were like 68th a couple of weeks ago.

msstate7
07-30-2018, 10:20 PM
9th in sec now. Same place we finished the last 2 years.

BuckyIsAB****
07-30-2018, 10:26 PM
And kids have great Springs and spring games every year and do nothing in the SEC schedule. He’ll make some plays but he’s not putting up 1000 yard seasons. If Rayburn were legit he’d have offers. Even G5 schools aren’t chasing him. Get real. He’s not a big help for us. He’s more of the same. He’s not a deep threat guy in the SEC.

Ok

BuckyIsAB****
07-30-2018, 10:27 PM
Mingo is a ****ing must get, if Moorhead wants to run his offense here. I'd offer Rayburn a scholly right now, no matter what.

I wouldnt yet. But he would def be the next on the list in my book

Goldendawg
07-30-2018, 10:33 PM
25 commits, #13. Sure is good that they are on probation.* What a joke the NCAA is. I guess if or when they win their appeal, they will get an apology and be allowed to sign about 40 this cycle, like when Nutt was there.

msstate7
07-30-2018, 10:34 PM
So the knock on the country club was oline and wr recruiting. All 3-stars at those positions, again

Goldendawg
07-30-2018, 10:37 PM
Oh boy, not UGA again

24/7 has him "warmer" to Ga with only 7 WR's on their roster.

BuckyIsAB****
07-30-2018, 10:38 PM

He was at top dawg camp giving a lot of P5 offered DBs the business.

BuckyIsAB****
07-30-2018, 10:40 PM
25 commits, #13. Sure is good that they are on probation.* What a joke the NCAA is. I guess if or when they win their appeal, they will get an apology and be allowed to sign about 40 this cycle, like when Nutt was there.

Their ranking will go down if it concerns yall that much. Not a lot of teams have 25 commits. I could care less. The difference in the 13th ranked class and the 25th is little to none

Goldendawg
07-30-2018, 10:41 PM
So the knock on the country club was oline and wr recruiting. All 3-stars at those positions, again

Don't forget. They couldn't close either and Mullen was sick of OM's cheating. Maybe they are not on probation.*** Someone here said if it was a slap on the wrist, welcome to the "Wild, Wild, West!" Welcome, y'all.

msstate7
07-30-2018, 10:42 PM
Their ranking will go down if it concerns yall that much. Not a lot of teams have 25 commits. I could care less. The difference in the 13th ranked class and the 25th is little to none

I thought they were about to start upgrading the lower rated commits

Goldendawg
07-30-2018, 10:44 PM

We better have a list of highly rated targets that are not listed on 24/7 or our ranking will come down as we finish our class also. JMO.

BuckyIsAB****
07-30-2018, 10:45 PM
I thought they were about to start upgrading the lower rated commits

Idk I dont run any recruiting website but I can tell nobody ever won a game based on where they were ranked.

I think its a racket tbh. Once you get in the 15-30ish range the talent difference isnt very big. Its easy to get the top 10 or so classes right its usually the same teams every year in a different order.

If I havent personally seen the kid I just look at his offer sheet. Not saying I know more than anyone either. Those websites cater to who pays them the most money

msstate7
07-30-2018, 10:46 PM
We better have a list of highly rated targets that are not listed on 24/7 or our ranking will come down as we finish our class also. JMO.

Who are the targets we're favorites for? I think we finish around where we always do

BuckyIsAB****
07-30-2018, 10:47 PM

We are still in the game with a lot of big names. Dan never recruited with the big boys, or when the showed up he tucked tail and conceded.

Moorhead aint. If yall wanna play the game you're gonna have to learn how it goes. We are going to be ok.

msstate7
07-30-2018, 10:48 PM
Idk I dont run any recruiting website but I can tell nobody ever won a game based on where they were ranked.

I think its a racket tbh. Once you get in the 15-30ish range the talent difference isnt very big. Its easy to get the top 10 or so classes right its usually the same teams every year in a different order.

If I havent personally seen the kid I just look at his offer sheet. Not saying I know more than anyone either. Those websites cater to who pays them the most money

I think 11-30 ranked classes are crap shoots. I expect to finish somewhere between 20-30

BuckyIsAB****
07-30-2018, 10:50 PM
If Mingo commits (he isnt rated highly enough) it will go back up

Goldendawg
07-30-2018, 10:53 PM
Who are the targets we're favorites for? I think we finish around where we always do

The article (it was a free read and is still there), by Paul Jones on 24/7 about a week and a half ago listed our "top 10 remaining targets" and it didn't sound ike we led for any of them. We now have only 8 commits out of the top 25 in this Ms class. Most are committed OOS or to OM with few undecided. Just what I have read.

Goldendawg
07-30-2018, 10:54 PM
We are still in the game with a lot of big names. Dan never recruited with the big boys, or when the showed up he tucked tail and conceded.

Moorhead aint. If yall wanna play the game you're gonna have to learn how it goes. We are going to be ok.

Who do you think these big names still are, if you don't mind listing.

Goldendawg
07-30-2018, 10:58 PM
Is Mingo leaning OM?

24/7 has him listed as "warmer" to Ga and OM.

ShotgunDawg
07-30-2018, 11:00 PM

With the best instate class in MS history, it looks to me like we may finish about the same as usual.

I wish IYOK and Ari would share some thoughts. Like realistic thoughts.

ShotgunDawg
07-30-2018, 11:00 PM
24/7 has him listed as "warmer" to Ga and OM.

That's meaningless

Goldendawg
07-30-2018, 11:03 PM
With the best instate class in MS history, it looks to me like we may finish about the same as usual.

I wish IYOK and Ari would share some thoughts. Like realistic thoughts.

Me too, as I guess I qualify for panic mode. Very few of this Ms class is uncommitted and flips from the OOS programs and OM don't look promising.

msstate7
07-30-2018, 11:13 PM
Delete

msstate7
07-30-2018, 11:15 PM
Me too, as I guess I qualify for panic mode. Very few of this Ms class is uncommitted and flips from the OOS programs and OM don't look promising.

Let's just hope the new staff can coach kids up like the old one. We will not recruit with the big boys of the sec.

Goldendawg
07-30-2018, 11:20 PM
Mullen and company were all that were holding us back from top 15 classes, right? Country club and all...

My first MSU game viewed was as an 8 year old in 1963. My late father told me he hated how bama, AU, LSU, Tn, etc would "Cherry Pick" Mississippi's best players, along with us fighting OM for recruits. This class in Ms. is looking like an ugly flashback

Goldendawg
07-30-2018, 11:24 PM
Let's just hope the new staff can coach kids up like the old one. We will not recruit with the big boys of the sec.

I honestly thought we were past those days and could hold our own in Mississippi. It's the OOS schools that are killing this class more than OM.

Goldendawg
07-30-2018, 11:26 PM
That's meaningless

Well, it's not meaningless how many of this best class in Ms in ages is currently committed to OOS schools. Hope on the field results can change some minds before signing day. Hail State!

ShotgunDawg
07-30-2018, 11:32 PM
Our recruiting specialist speaks.

Seriously, if they are ok in the building, then maybe we should be as well. Who knows though.

https://twitter.com/rgibsonmsu/status/1024145819920936961?s=21

Goldendawg
07-30-2018, 11:36 PM

Seriously, if they are ok in the building, then maybe we should be as well. Who knows though.

Thanks. Will officially remove myself from meltdown mode. Hail State!

Cooterpoot
07-30-2018, 11:37 PM
If you think our recruiting is bad, you should see our pathetic fan base.

ShotgunDawg
07-30-2018, 11:39 PM
Thanks. Will officially remove myself from meltdown mode. Hail State!

Only issue, is that fans aren't dumb.

It's pretty easy to see that the number of 4 star prospects we have a shot at are dwindling by the day.

It's not about getting by, it has to be about building a championship caliber team.

msstate7
07-30-2018, 11:43 PM

It's pretty easy to see that the number of 4 star prospects we have a shot at are dwindling by the day.

It's not about getting by, it has to be about building a championship caliber team.

If we recruit well for us and coach well, we will get opportunities to compete for a title like this year from time to time. I just can't see us recruiting well enough to compete year-in, year-out in the most cut throat conference in the country. Got to capitalize this season

preachermatt83
07-30-2018, 11:43 PM
To add to some of yalls melt, there is a strong rumor out there that Nakobe Dean is listening to OM very intently

Goldendawg
07-30-2018, 11:45 PM

Yeah and I'm not satisfied to only get 7 from this year's Ms. class. Winning can change many things. Long way to go. Hail State!

msstate7
07-30-2018, 11:48 PM
To add to some of yalls melt, there is a strong rumor out there that Nakobe Dean is listening to OM very intently

Bout right. We just need to make sure we hold ours, and fill in remaining spots with good players

Goldendawg
07-30-2018, 11:59 PM

Probation just don't mean what it used too.

Irondawg
07-31-2018, 12:09 AM
From the little I can glean from reading different things, Jackson is just emotional. We pitch playing time and big play potential and lack of his kind of wr on our roster and he commits our of the blue. Few weeks later OM sells him on how they put wr in the first round and he flips.

We just need the season to start. We put up points and pull a big upset and we can get some momentum again

Bothrops
07-31-2018, 01:31 AM
Jackson is gone. I do think our staff is doing as good of a job as anyone could. What concerns me is the fact that a lot of what goes on in recruiting is completely out of their control. There's nothing we can do about it except win big, and see if that changes anything.

Dawgology
07-31-2018, 07:17 AM
Here is what I've learned from watching Ole Miss try to win the recruiting title every year. They recruit big and then do nothing with it. The few bowls that they won with the greatest recruiting class of all time will probably be taken from them when allis said and done. It has also been my experience that if a highly rated athlete chooses to got to a school on probation, with limited scholarships, visists, and coaching experience then we PROBABLY don't need that athlete because he is following something that doesn't equate to long term success and potential. I think this is why we regularly see Ole Miss underperform even they they recruit well. Just my two cents. Moorhead seems to know what he is looking for and seems to evaluate talent well. He's given us no reason to not trust him. He's still learning but I think we are going to be just fine.

PS: if Mullen were still here this recruiting class would solidly be in the 30's right now.

msstate7
07-31-2018, 07:27 AM
Here is what I've learned from watching Ole Miss try to win the recruiting title every year. They recruit big and then do nothing with it. The few bowls that they won with the greatest recruiting class of all time will probably be taken from them when allis said and done. It has also been my experience that if a highly rated athlete chooses to got to a school on probation, with limited scholarships, visists, and coaching experience then we PROBABLY don't need that athlete because he is following something that doesn't equate to long term success and potential. I think this is why we regularly see Ole Miss underperform even they they recruit well. Just my two cents. Moorhead seems to know what he is looking for and seems to evaluate talent well. He's given us no reason to not trust him. He's still learning but I think we are going to be just fine.

PS: if Mullen were still here this recruiting class would solidly be in the 30's right now.

Maybe. I'm not sure how you guys know this as fact though. I never pay as much attention to national ranking as sec ranking bc those are the teams we compete with. Right now we are 9th in sec... this is where we have finished 3 of the last 4 years (8th 3 years ago... pretty much same)

ShotgunDawg
07-31-2018, 07:29 AM
If you've followed recruiting in Mississippi over the years, you'd know that there MSU kids and there are Ole Miss kids. There is nothing that we can do change that and there is nothing they can do. Even when MSU was 3-9 and 4-8 under Croom and they were better, we got in-state commits that they should've gotten for this same reason. Whoever the better program is can sway the middle but they can't land kids that grew up cheering for the other side.

If you want to be mad at a kid, your attention should be turned towards the in-State kids that are leaving to go to Bama, Auburn, FSU, and potentially UGA. Those kids are the problem and what's wrong with this class, not Dannis Jackson.

MSU has won for 9 straight years, put kids in NFL like crazy, pro bowlers, etc. losing this many in-state kids is an embarrassment considering the circumstances of our recruiting territory

LC Dawg
07-31-2018, 07:54 AM
We have a brand new coaching staff that is losing recruits to teams that have recently won or have played for national championships. That is not surprising and no matter what color you see through your glasses you can't really bash a kid for going to play for Georgia or other bluebloods. Hopefully Coach Moorhead and his staff establish themselves with a great season and start keeping more of these players at home.
Losing recruits to Ole Miss is much more disappointing to me. It's easy to say they are throwing money around and they probably are but I wonder how much of this goes back to our former staff being lazy and not building relationships with these players 3 years ago when they should have been. We will never pull away from Ole Miss as a program as long as we are equally sharing recruits in this state.
I would consider us an upper middle tier SEC team right now. The next couple of years on the field and on the recruiting trail will determine whether we stay at this level or move back down to our traditional level.
I hope we finish strong in recruiting but with the new early signing period late movement is not as common as it once was.

Dawgology
07-31-2018, 09:01 AM
Maybe. I'm not sure how you guys know this as fact though. I never pay as much attention to national ranking as sec ranking bc those are the teams we compete with. Right now we are 9th in sec... this is where we have finished 3 of the last 4 years (8th 3 years ago... pretty much same)

Several 4 star recruits have said if Mullen were here they wouldnt be interested. I'll try to dig up the quotes.

msstate7
07-31-2018, 09:20 AM
Several 4 star recruits have said if Mullen were here they wouldnt be interested. I'll try to dig up the quotes.

Gotcha. No need to dig em up... I'll take your word

RezDog7
07-31-2018, 09:25 AM
Bo Bounds just said that Diwan Black was transferring to IMG in Florida. How does that affect his recruitment?

Cooterpoot
07-31-2018, 10:05 AM
Black has a -10% chance of qualifying. Would be interesting to know how he pays for that though.

Doggie_Style
07-31-2018, 10:36 AM
My understanding is that Florida set this up for him. The advantage is he can avoid JC by going one year there and getting the academic help to qualify.....like an extra year of high school....not sure if he can play ball there but he could train.

TrapGame
07-31-2018, 10:45 AM

Okay, which one of y'all is Coy Welborn?! That dude is in freak out mode.

SouthMSDog
07-31-2018, 10:47 AM
I have zero inside knowledge, I just follow MSU recruiting fairly closely and thought I would try to summarize, as it stands today it looks like we finish out as follows:

Ari, IYOK anyone with inside knowledge please correct me where I am wrong.

J. Mingo (toss up)
L. Sharp (everyone seems to be cooling on him)
I. Burdine (toss up)
K. Scurry (grades may be an issue)
J. Hubbard (we lead)
C. Wright (if offered)
B. Rayburn (if offered)
Z. Edwards (we'll end up taking him)
F. Peters (sort of forgotten JUCO, but solid offer sheet)
J. Watkins (questions about his speed)

Others we are on but don't seem to have a 50/50 shot with at best:

N. Dean (seems to be OOS lean)
J. Emery (UGA Commit)
B. Turnage (Bama commit)
E. Gray (Michigan commit but has a good chance of flipping to somewhere closer)
B. Young (Bama commit)
R. Jones (I think this guy is supremely underrated. I think he actually likes MSU and may could move up the top half of this list)
D. Hall (considered AU lean)
K. Bell (seems to have interest in everyone he doesn't have a committable offer from so maybe he'll realize that and give us more of a look?)
K. Glenn (not sure what is going on with him, I thought he liked us early on in the process)
J. Clark (haven't seen any updates in a long time, but would be a nice get if we could pull)
H. Vance (Baylor commit. Has a similar offer sheet to K. Pruitt, but not sure how hard we are on him)

BuckyIsAB****
07-31-2018, 11:14 AM
Who do you think these big names still are, if you don't mind listing.

Mingo, Jackson, Black, Turnage, Dean, Hall, Plumlee, Handy, Burdine, Hubbard.

All of them will be recruited right till the end

BuckyIsAB****
07-31-2018, 11:18 AM
I have zero inside knowledge, I just follow MSU recruiting fairly closely and thought I would try to summarize, as it stands today it looks like we finish out as follows:

Ari, IYOK anyone with inside knowledge please correct me where I am wrong.

J. Mingo (toss up)
L. Sharp (everyone seems to be cooling on him)
I. Burdine (toss up)
K. Scurry (grades may be an issue)
J. Hubbard (we lead)
C. Wright (if offered)
B. Rayburn (if offered)
Z. Edwards (we'll end up taking him)
F. Peters (sort of forgotten JUCO, but solid offer sheet)
J. Watkins (questions about his speed)

Others we are on but don't seem to have a 50/50 shot with at best:

N. Dean (seems to be OOS lean)
J. Emery (UGA Commit)
B. Turnage (Bama commit)
E. Gray (Michigan commit but has a good chance of flipping to somewhere closer)
B. Young (Bama commit)
R. Jones (I think this guy is supremely underrated. I think he actually likes MSU and may could move up the top half of this list)
D. Hall (considered AU lean)
K. Bell (seems to have interest in everyone he doesn't have a committable offer from so maybe he'll realize that and give us more of a look?)
K. Glenn (not sure what is going on with him, I thought he liked us early on in the process)
J. Clark (haven't seen any updates in a long time, but would be a nice get if we could pull)
H. Vance (Baylor commit. Has a similar offer sheet to K. Pruitt, but not sure how hard we are on him)

I forgot about Edwards. I'd gladly take him

Turfdawg67
07-31-2018, 11:24 AM

My guess is MS7 or Goldendawg. The last three pages are just them moaning and groaning much like the Coy guy on Twitter.

msstate7
07-31-2018, 11:29 AM
My guess is MS7 or Goldendawg. The last three pages are just them moaning and groaning much like the Coy guy on Twitter.

Not me... I was moaning and groaning so hard I committed twitter suicide. I just couldn't face twittersphere without emery and Jackson**

Johnson85
07-31-2018, 11:43 AM
What are the red dots on the 247 prospect list? Under the star rating.

msbulldog
07-31-2018, 12:08 PM

Yea that guy is but.

bostondawg
07-31-2018, 12:29 PM

I always thought that was the number of services that have rated the recruit (espn, rivals, 247, etc) that the composite pulls from.

Goldendawg
07-31-2018, 01:15 PM

Not me. I don't twitter. I have vowed to read more, post less, and acknowledge this is a long tough process. Hail State!

NCDawg
07-31-2018, 01:39 PM
The guy I wish we could flip is Jerrion Ealy, but I don't guess we have much of a shot. Ole Miss got in on him early whereas we apparently didn't. He's the best RB in the state, and one of the best in the country in my opinion. I know everybody says he will probably sign a pro baseball contract, but I would sign him anyway if we possibly could.

jumbo
07-31-2018, 01:49 PM

I always thought that was the number of services that have rated the recruit (espn, rivals, 247, etc) that the composite pulls from.

this

Homedawg
07-31-2018, 01:58 PM
I forgot about Edwards. I'd gladly take him

If we end up with him our class isn't what we wanted it to be.

Doggie_Style
07-31-2018, 02:06 PM
Just saw that we offered a former 2018 Penn State signee...Shaquon Anderson-Butts. He is a WR/CB high 3 *. Did not qualify and is headed to prep school with plans to graduate in December and enter college spring 2019. Moorhead obliviously knows him from Penn.....tryna fill some holes now

jumbo
07-31-2018, 03:02 PM
Penn State's 247 guy said he ended up going JUCO and not prep school, so he's a 2020 guy.

Doggie_Style
07-31-2018, 03:20 PM
Going to be a CB per 247

https://247sports.com/Article/Shaquon-Anderson-Butts-a-one-time-Penn-State-commit-will-go-prep-school-rather-than-Iowa-Western-junior-college-115529561/

I guess I wonder if Moorhead wants him as a receiver or CB?

jumbo
07-31-2018, 03:21 PM
I guess I wonder if Moorhead wants him as a receiver or CB?

Beat me to my edit. Paul just said that he talked to PSUs 247 guy and he is in fact at Iowa Western and not prep school

Doggie_Style
07-31-2018, 03:42 PM
Beat me to my edit. Paul just said that he talked to PSUs 247 guy and he is in fact at Iowa Western and not prep school

So you are saying that the article that they just published is BS?

jumbo
07-31-2018, 03:45 PM
So you are saying that the article that they just published is BS?

that article is from February

Doggie_Style
07-31-2018, 03:47 PM
Still doesn't make sense, why would we offer someone headed to JUCO

jumbo
07-31-2018, 03:49 PM

JoeMo and Huff know him from PSU?
He was an under armour all american?

sscjr1
07-31-2018, 03:56 PM

He's a 2020 guy

preachermatt83
07-31-2018, 04:34 PM
My understanding is that Florida set this up for him. The advantage is he can avoid JC by going one year there and getting the academic help to qualify.....like an extra year of high school....not sure if he can play ball there but he could train.
He can go to img, amg, or omg... it won't matter. He will never see a d1 campus.

Doggie_Style
07-31-2018, 04:47 PM
He's a 2020 guy

So how common is that for a kid headed to JUCO to get an offer before he even takes a snap?...I don't generally follow that far ahead..

the_real_MSU_is_us
07-31-2018, 05:12 PM
Mingo commits to OM

Bdawg
07-31-2018, 05:12 PM
He can go to img, amg, or omg... it won't matter. He will never see a d1 campus.

So is he still an OM commit? Or do they drop him later? I'm sure they want him on their list for his ranking.

bostondawg
07-31-2018, 05:23 PM
Mingo commits to OM

Now comes the part where they sew discord amongst the class because they have to start cutting guys to continue to recruit.

the_real_MSU_is_us
07-31-2018, 05:31 PM
Now comes the part where they sew discord amongst the class because they have to start cutting guys to continue to recruit.

Honestly I didn't really care that much, I just wanted a stud at WR this class. No slight to Pruitt, Torbor, or the other guys left on the board, but Jackson and Mingo are the only 2 that fit that mold. All you ca hope for is that the season will change things, but we'll probably have to wait 4 months to find out if we got an A- or a C+ WR class

Cooterpoot
07-31-2018, 05:41 PM
If you can’t beat them recruiting or on the field, you reap what you sow. Thanks Dan! 17 you!

msstate7
07-31-2018, 05:44 PM
If you can’t beat them recruiting or on the field, you reap what you sow. Thanks Dan! 17 you!

Everything is Mullen's fault and everyone cheating. Cry me a river

Turfdawg67
07-31-2018, 05:45 PM
Is Mingo leaning OM?

No..

Sources...

maroonmania
07-31-2018, 05:50 PM

Limited scholarships? They don't have any real limited scholarships. Their probation was and is a joke. All they got was a bowl ban but HS players aren't worried about a bowl ban because that will be over by the time they are playing. NCAA gave them nothing that would really impede their recruiting.

Cooterpoot
07-31-2018, 05:52 PM
Everything is Mullen's fault and everyone cheating. Cry me a river

Well, it’s true. We suck at cheating. Everybody cheats including us. Dan 17 us losing to their asses end of the season every year while job hunting. Now, with a great class we’ve got a new staff trying to sell goods sight unseen and most of the offensive players still talking about our conservative approach.

Turfdawg67
07-31-2018, 05:54 PM
"Jackson isn't going to OM"... next day commits to OM.
"Mingo isn't an OM lean" ... next day commits to OM.

https://s15.postimg.cc/ematbjnvv/12_EBE27_F-_C4_C6-4_A9_B-8801-_C6_CEAD7_DC51_B.gif

msstate7
07-31-2018, 05:54 PM
Well, it’s true. We suck at cheating. Everybody cheats including us. Dan 17 us losing to their asses end of the season every year while job hunting. Now, with a great class we’ve got a new staff trying to sell goods sight unseen and most of the offensive players still talking about our conservative approach.

Then we aren't selling ourselves well enough.

KOdawg1
07-31-2018, 05:55 PM
I'm afraid we peaked too early. Lots of bad news lately and not a lot of good news on the horizon

Ari Gold
07-31-2018, 05:56 PM
Jackson flipping and Mingo committing were both blows but not surprising .
1. 2 months ago very few (me being one) thought we would land Jackson... And Mingo was less than 50/50 at best
2. It’s just August lots can happen over the next 4 month

I have gotten some info on Emery and what’s going on there. Kid is in a tough situation and that’s all I will say about that.

I have an idea for everyone.. Enjoy the ****ing upcoming season it’s going to be fun. Recruiting will be fine give the staff some time..

Cooterpoot
07-31-2018, 05:57 PM
Then we aren't selling ourselves well enough.

Bingo. And haven’t for a long time and won’t.

Doggie_Style
07-31-2018, 05:57 PM
Mingo commits to OM

You could see that coming a mile away....now we can expect less than championship Caliber recruits at WR, LB, RB and OL....I hope this staff learns some things from this cycle

KOdawg1
07-31-2018, 05:58 PM
When does Hubbard announce? We need some good news to get momentum rolling again

msstate7
07-31-2018, 05:59 PM
You could see that coming a mile away....now we can expect less than championship Caliber recruits at WR, LB, RB and OL....I hope this staff learns some things from this cycle

Wouldn't count them out of getting at least 1 championship level LB

ShotgunDawg
07-31-2018, 06:07 PM
Jackson flipping and Mingo committing were both blows but not surprising .
1. 2 months ago very few (me being one) thought we would land Jackson... And Mingo was less than 50/50 at best
2. It’s just August lots can happen over the next 4 month

I have gotten some info on Emery and what’s going on there. Kid is in a tough situation and that’s all I will say about that.

I have an idea for everyone.. Enjoy the ****ing upcoming season it’s going to be fun. Recruiting will be fine give the staff some time..

I really want to believe you.

The problem is that the staff doesn't control the amount of instate talent.

Per the amount of instate talent available, this has a chance to be one of our worst classes in a while. Again, compared to the amount of talent available in our state.

We've simply never missed this much.

Bothrops
07-31-2018, 06:09 PM
JoMo is gonna get his fill of OM sooner rather than later.

msstate7
07-31-2018, 06:19 PM
OM just got a 4-star o lineman from Arkansas

GreenheadDawg
07-31-2018, 06:23 PM
It amazes me that they continue to skull drag us in recruiting. It’s amazing

maroonmania
07-31-2018, 06:25 PM

How did our recruiting go from so good to so mediocre in roughly a month?

jacksondawg
07-31-2018, 06:25 PM

$$$

the_real_MSU_is_us
07-31-2018, 06:26 PM
I really want to believe you.

The problem is that the staff doesn't control the amount of instate talent.

Per the amount of instate talent available, this has a chance to be one of our worst classes in a while. Again, compared to the amount of talent available in our state.

We've simply never missed this much.

We've also never had Bama, Auburn, UGA, and LSU recruiting as many MS kids. Used to be the top 4-5 guys were all that could leave the state, this year the top 15 or so have options.

The thing that hurts me is that the staff isn't getting who they're targeting. we did early but the last month and a half has just been loses on so many instate and out of state top targets. OM is 3-0 vs us (Black, Jackson ,and Mingo). We know their $trategy but that's always been that way, and we should be able to be way better than this at beating it.

Ari, you can say it'll be ok and I'm sure we'll finish top 25. However, there's simply no denying this class is shaping up to be a big missed opportunity. You called Turnage a while ago, that seems to have fallen through. You and others called Emery, that fell through. Bucky said OM was "not our biggest threat" for Mingo literally 2 days ago.

At this point I'm checking out on recruiting till the season is rolling... it's clear our target board is all over the place with targets comiting elsewhere so fast, insiders have no idea what's going on, and the season is the only variable that can really change our recruiting outlook. That and time to build relationships and counter $$$ influences. Either way there's not much good that will be happening soon, but a lot of chaos and disappointment for those ho try to keep up

Bothrops
07-31-2018, 06:30 PM
Ole Miss will get Dean, get another flip, and probably pull an elite player from out of state, that will get a lot of attention. They will sign a top 20 class in February.

msstate7
07-31-2018, 06:31 PM
Ole Miss will get Dean, get another flip, and probably pull an elite player from out of state, that will get a lot of attention. They will sign a top 20 class this year.

At least we can fill our class out with the ones they have to drop (maybe **, maybe not)

Bothrops
07-31-2018, 06:33 PM
At least we can fill our class out with the ones they have to drop (maybe **, maybe not)

Well that may be a viable option for us, since we're running out of realistic targets.

msstate7
07-31-2018, 06:34 PM
Well that may be a viable option for us, since we're running out of realistic targets.

Nah brah, country club gone... we recruiting top 10 now

the_real_MSU_is_us
07-31-2018, 06:35 PM
Ole Miss will get Dean, get another flip, and probably pull an elite player from out of state, that will get a lot of attention. They will sign a top 20 class this year.

If they do I want us to sling money around like there's no tomorrow. 17 it- if all the other West teams hand out Chargers, and OM isn't even trying to hide it, then we have to accept this is the new reality. NCAA won't do anything, even if they did decide to investigate is (which is like a 5% chance at most). Can't spell MSU without a little dyslexic SMU

msbulldog
07-31-2018, 06:35 PM
So how common is that for a kid headed to JUCO to get an offer before he even takes a snap?...I don't generally follow that far ahead..

Moorhead and Huff recruited him when he was in HS and they were at PSU.

KOdawg1
07-31-2018, 06:36 PM

They very well may do that, but their top 2 commits are guys who aren't expected to make it to school (Black and Ealy) and besides Dean, they won't have any elite defensive guys coming in to fix that already terrible defense.

msbulldog
07-31-2018, 06:37 PM

Exactly!

Turfdawg67
07-31-2018, 06:38 PM
We've also never had Bama, Auburn, UGA, and LSU recruiting as many MS kids. Used to be the top 4-5 guys were all that could leave the state, this year the top 15 or so have options.

The thing that hurts me is that the staff isn't getting who they're targeting. we did early but the last month and a half has just been loses on so many instate and out of state top targets. OM is 3-0 vs us (Black, Jackson ,and Mingo). We know their $trategy but that's always been that way, and we should be able to be way better than this at beating it.

Ari, you can say it'll be ok and I'm sure we'll finish top 25. However, there's simply no denying this class is shaping up to be a big missed opportunity. You called Turnage a while ago, that seems to have fallen through. You and others called Emery, that fell through. Bucky said OM was "not our biggest threat" for Mingo literally 2 days ago.

At this point I'm checking out on recruiting till the season is rolling... it's clear our target board is all over the place with targets comiting elsewhere so fast, insiders have no idea what's going on, and the season is the only variable that can really change our recruiting outlook. That and time to build relationships and counter $$$ influences. Either way there's not much good that will be happening soon, but a lot of chaos and disappointment for those ho try to keep up

They aren't 3-0 against us. You don't think they wanted Jones, Pickering, Moore or Russell?? And if you are speaking of flips, Mingo has never even been an MSU lean much less committed to us.

KOdawg1
07-31-2018, 06:40 PM
They aren't 3-0 against us. You don't think they wanted Jones, Pickering, Moore or Russell?? And if you are speaking of flips, Mingo has never even been an MSU lean much less committed to us.

I've disagreed with you a lot in the past, but this is spot on. They would trade Jackson or Mingo for one of our DL commits in a heartbeat.

Now granted, they're going to try to flip one of them anyway

Goldendawg
07-31-2018, 06:43 PM
Limited scholarships? They don't have any real limited scholarships. Their probation was and is a joke. All they got was a bowl ban but HS players aren't worried about a bowl ban because that will be over by the time they are playing. NCAA gave them nothing that would really impede their recruiting.

Does losing the appeal cause their scholarship limits to kick in (ever so slightly)? I went to Nafoom thread on their recruiting last night and one of their posters said that he thought that they could sign 29 this cycle. Is this even possible? I thought the limit per year was 25 at most. No more meltdowns. Whatever will be will be. Long way to Dec with a season to play out first. Keep working. Hail State!

msbulldog
07-31-2018, 06:43 PM
Honestly I didn't really care that much, I just wanted a stud at WR this class. No slight to Pruitt, Torbor, or the other guys left on the board, but Jackson and Mingo are the only 2 that fit that mold. All you ca hope for is that the season will change things, but we'll probably have to wait 4 months to find out if we got an A- or a C+ WR class

We will win 10 or 11 and a good bowl game and Mississippi will go 6-6 or 5-7 and sit at home and we will see some of the recent OM commits get real shaky fast! We just need to be in the game and we can get the best recruiting class we've ever had! Hail State!

Turfdawg67
07-31-2018, 06:44 PM
If they do I want us to sling money around like there's no tomorrow. 17 it- if all the other West teams hand out Chargers, and OM isn't even trying to hide it, then we have to accept this is the new reality. NCAA won't do anything, even if they did decide to investigate is (which is like a 5% chance at most). Can't spell MSU without a little dyslexic SMU

We'll be the one school that ****s up and pays in checks and leaves a paper trail a mile long.

Turfdawg67
07-31-2018, 06:46 PM
I've disagreed with you a lot in the past, but this is spot on. They would trade Jackson or Mingo for one of our DL commits in a heartbeat.

Now granted, they're going to try to flip one of them anyway

I didn't know you disagreed with me, but that's okay. Russell is the one that could be swayed... "they" say.

KOdawg1
07-31-2018, 06:48 PM
I didn't know you disagreed with me, but that's okay. Russell is the one that could be swayed... "they" say.

It was back during baseball season lol.

And yeah, Russell is the one I was thinking too. Maybe Moore

Cooterpoot
07-31-2018, 06:50 PM

It sucks being a Braves and State fan. Doesn?t it?

Shooter McGavin
07-31-2018, 06:51 PM

Good grief man. We get it. You're in the midst of of massive freak out. We got it the first 20 times you posted. Give it a rest.

If we finish ranked 25 or below when the dust settles, I'll join you in disappointment. Until then, just chill man. You're going to give yourself an ulcer.

msstate7
07-31-2018, 06:52 PM
It sucks being a Braves and State fan. Doesn?t it?

Haha, nah... I'm actually happy with the state of all my teams (big 3 at state, braves, and saints).

Goldendawg
07-31-2018, 07:02 PM
OM just got a 4-star o lineman from Arkansas

#3 prospect in the State. Sure they sell the NFL at OL due to Tunsil & Little. Morris probably not too happy. Lots of new coaches having trouble with that 2nd year whiz-kid HC Matt Luke and his probation affected recruiting machine.******

msbulldog
07-31-2018, 07:02 PM

Mania, the restriction of 1 unofficial visit per recruit for the 4 year duration of their probation is worse than the 4 or 5 scholarships per year they should have given them. First of all it is a reminder to potential recruits that Mississippi has a black mark on them. If you can't get them on campus you can't legitimately recruit them. Recruits are going to commit to places they are comfortable with. You cannot get comfortable with 1 visit!

the_real_MSU_is_us
07-31-2018, 07:05 PM
Good grief man. We get it. You're in the midst of of massive freak out. We got it the first 20 times you posted. Give it a rest.

If we finish ranked 25 or below when the dust settles, I'll join you in disappointment. Until then, just chill man. You're going to give yourself an ulcer.

25th is what we've been doing with a lazy recruiter as HC. This year will be the best season of the last 4, with the best instate class in decades, and a staff that spends more energy recruiting. Not improving the end results when your effort, on field results, and talent pool are all improved is a significant disappointment. We'll have missed our chance to improve from being an 8-4 program, and I'll have big question marks about how well future recruiting will go with 1/3rd the 4* in MS. Anything worse than #20 is a missed opportunity

BeardoMSU
07-31-2018, 07:06 PM
You're going to give yourself an ulcer.

http://gifimage.net/wp-content/uploads/2017/08/shooter-mcgavin-gif-2.gif

maroonmania
07-31-2018, 07:07 PM
Mania, the restriction of 1 unofficial visit per recruit for the 4 year duration of their probation is worse than the 4 or 5 scholarships per year they should have given them. First of all it is a reminder to potential recruits that Mississippi has a black mark on them. If you can't get them on campus you can't legitimately recruit them. Recruits are going to commit to places they are comfortable with. You cannot get comfortable with 1 visit!

No, I don't agree, that's not worse. It's a hit for them but no way is that worse than actually having to offer 4 or 5 less scholarships per year for a few years. Guess that visit thing will take effect in the future since the sanctions weren't valid during the appeal and I'm glad they are getting something but scholarship reductions would have been worse. If you don't think OM will figure a way to skirt that visit sanction then you don't know OM.

the_real_MSU_is_us
07-31-2018, 07:09 PM
If you can't get them on campus you can't legitimately recruit them. Recruits are going to commit to places they are comfortable with. You cannot get comfortable with 1 visit!

All it takes is one time for the bagmen to "show the love". If that's really what's going on with their top targets, none of that will change. Only people it might affect are the mid 3* that the boosters don't give much $$ too. All the top targets will still have a "good time" in Oxford on that 1 visit

ShotgunDawg
07-31-2018, 07:16 PM
It amazes me that they continue to skull drag us in recruiting. It?s amazing

Their fans and staff sell Ole Miss with infinitely more belief and passion than us.

MSU fans are the equivalent of a car salesman that really likes their car but will tell you that others are better. Gotta be realistic right?

Until that infections is cured in our fanbase, we'll never recruit at a high level.

This staff is awesome but they can only take a fanbase so far when they don't promote or believe in the place.

The mindset of our fan base sucks and things won't change until that does

You guys expect the staff to do everything while OM fans are selling Oxford, the girls, etc like it's the greatest thing on Earth.

Goldendawg
07-31-2018, 07:21 PM
Guys, it just hit me. This was/is all part of a master plan by the NCAA. Light, meaningless penalties 1st go around. OM enters false sense of security. Business as usual. Small slip up. NCAA pounces! Death penalty/SMU 2.0!**** Time to go take my meds from last meltdown.******

bulldawg28
07-31-2018, 07:52 PM
Lol...some of you guys are unreal. Ole miss will always recruit well due to money. Who cares? The players that want to be here will. It doesn't take a top 5 recruiting class to be successful. This 2018 team is considered a national threat and yet we never cracked a top 10 recruiting class.

Turfdawg67
07-31-2018, 08:02 PM
All it takes is one time for the bagmen to "show the love". If that's really what's going on with their top targets, none of that will change. Only people it might affect are the mid 3* that the boosters don't give much $$ too. All the top targets will still have a "good time" in Oxford on that 1 visit

But S'gun, in all of his wisdom, says it's us, the fans!! When Freezus and the Network were clicking' on all cylinders w/ hookers, cars and cash... it was still us then too. Hell, I'm sure that my negative thoughts are THE reason Freddie Milons went to Alabama!

ShotgunDawg
07-31-2018, 08:12 PM
But S'gun, in all of his wisdom, says it's us, the fans!! When Freezus and the Network were clicking' on all cylinders, hookers, cars and cash... it was still us then too. Hell, I'm sure that my negative thoughts are THE reason Freddie Milons went to Alabama!

Yeah, people don't normally accept what they don't want to hear.

MSU people are typically shitty sales people. It's a hindrance we must solve.

That or they don't realize recruiting is sales. MSU people believe recruiting is about logic or some other BS.

Recruits believe what you tell them too.

Bothrops
07-31-2018, 08:59 PM
There's nothing we can do about Ole Miss. There's nothing anyone else will do about Ole Miss. They cheated and got reported probably 100 times before Tunsil ****ed 'em on national television. The NCAA was JDAMed with the burden of proof with their backs against the wall, when all they really wanted was just leave it alone and get out of town. Now we watch them shake our class up, and we sit back and watch it. When you consider the long line of crooks affiliated with that program it should leave no room for surprise. Nothing has changed.

Let's harness this.

Turfdawg67
07-31-2018, 09:01 PM

That or they don't realize recruiting is sales. MSU people believe recruiting is about logic or some other BS.

Blah, blah, blah... give me or any MSU fan a bag of cash with a chick waiting in a hotel and I'll get you just about any football player you want.

RezDog7
07-31-2018, 09:01 PM

So you're saying we should have a recruit-a-palooza weekend with $100 hand shakes, alcohol and loose women?

Turfdawg67
07-31-2018, 09:07 PM
There's nothing we can do about Ole Miss. There's nothing anyone else will do about Ole Miss. They cheated and got reported probably 100 times before Tunsil ****ed 'em on national television. The NCAA was JDAMed with the burden of proof with their backs against the wall, when all they really wanted was just leave it alone and get out of town. Now we watch them shake our class up, and we sit back and watch it. When you consider the long line of crooks affiliated with that program it should leave no room for surprise. Nothing has changed.

Let's harness this.

Auburn showed everyone the blueprint - fight and sue! 17 'em, Lets go "all in". We'll even have wrist bands that say that... oh wait.