PDA

View Full Version : 2019 Recruiting Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32

msu15
12-07-2018, 03:20 PM
ETA: I have noticed Joe appears to be going the lighter/quicker route for Olinemen.

I believe that's a product of being a RPO offense.

Pit Bull
12-07-2018, 09:32 PM
And Aeris should've started all season also.

And this was a major mistake

BhamDawg205
12-08-2018, 12:55 AM
Part of that is scheme why we gave up less sacks. We normally always kept a TE or RB or both in protection with Mullen.

Also don't know who making the call, Huff or JoMo, on starting RB. Aries is an every down (complete) RB. We could plainly see Hill wasn't ready and pass protection suffered. Hill should have been the change of pace RB.

SmokeyDawg
12-08-2018, 03:22 AM
Also don't know who making the call, Huff or JoMo, on starting RB. Aries is an every down (complete) RB. We could plainly see Hill wasn't ready and pass protection suffered. Hill should have been the change of pace RB.

Although still off topic: Like the post you're replying to, it has to do with scheme. In our offense, Hill is a better fit. If the rb is a home run threat that takes at least 1, probably 2 defenders out of the equation (if it works correctly, same as blocking that guy).

As far as OL recruitment, in Mullen's offense we ran a lot of zone blocking schemes with the passing game. 6'8 350 can develop in that system, but the current offense works better with agility guys that can change direction. Each has there own advantage but you have to give it the time to develop. I think it's smart bc we have had the physicality to get us close, but adding scheme and agility is the best way for us to take another step forward.

Alphadog2017
12-08-2018, 08:31 AM
So let?s understand this logic...
We bitch and complain that we dont recruit big time players.
So we go after and are the lead dog for one of the top RB in the country for a few months
We dont get the kid and we complain that we wasted our time and shouldnt be going after these kids
So We get 2 RB that may very well turn out to be 2soild pick ups and we bitch about that

At the expense of other 4* star recruits ? Please name them ...

Guess we are wasting our time on the Chris Tyree the 2020 5* RB
You the real MVP! Well said brother.

msudawglb
12-08-2018, 11:53 AM
You the real MVP! Well said brother.

I think everyone is upset because they feel we could have landed Gray if we were all in and made him the priority from the beginning.

Doggie_Style
12-08-2018, 12:24 PM
I think everyone is upset because they feel we could have landed Gray if we were all in and made him the priority from the beginning.

Exactly....for 2019 everyone was saying we were only taking one RB and that would be Emery. It felt like we quit recruiting Gray. For 2020 we have a similar situation with 5* Tyree and 4* Marks. This time we are not holding back on either. Hopefully Marks commits to us soon and we can stay in the hunt for Tyree as the process plays out.

msstate7
12-08-2018, 12:56 PM

If true, fail by the staff. Not sure it's true though bc just like pulling emery from LSU was gonna be tough, so would pulling gray from Tennessee

Cooterpoot
12-08-2018, 01:21 PM

Gray never was interested.

Cooterpoot
12-08-2018, 01:39 PM
Watching the all star game. Jack Harris and Cunningham are impressive (as you can be in this rain).

msstate7
12-08-2018, 01:42 PM
Watching the all star game. Jack Harris and Cunningham are impressive (as you can be in this rain).

Just turned it there. There no offensive talent in this game? Lol

Doggie_Style
12-08-2018, 01:47 PM
Gray never was interested.

just not true....Gray was on campus numerous times during the spring and Huff visited him in Tn also...then we went all in on Emery and he never really gave us a second look.....but that?s history, let?s pull Marks and/or Tyree and we will be in great shape

Cooterpoot
12-08-2018, 01:58 PM
im telling you, Gray had just about zero interest. Had nothing to do with Emery.

Cooterpoot
12-08-2018, 01:58 PM
Just turned it there. There no offensive talent in this game? Lol

Flooding. And a running clock.

ShotgunDawg
12-08-2018, 02:29 PM
Any rumors about the visits?

Lord McBuckethead
12-08-2018, 03:28 PM
Yeah, I was expecting a couple commits and flips our way today. MSU is trending with our targets right now.

Ifyouonlyknew
12-08-2018, 03:31 PM
Yeah, I was expecting a couple commits and flips our way today. MSU is trending with our targets right now.

I said earlier this week that we could get commitments this week & they not go public this weekend. We only have 3 uncommitted guys on campus & we know Ealy isn't doing anything anytime soon.

Lord McBuckethead
12-08-2018, 03:53 PM
Yep, why show your hand. Let the other schools keep wasting time for the next week+. I always thought it would ve better for a commit to stay completely quite about a commit and/or flip. Wasting other teams time is the best thing they could do to help #hailstate. That is, unless you are so highly recruited, your decision could bring ither key players with you.

defiantdog
12-08-2018, 04:07 PM
I said earlier this week that we could get commitments this week & they not go public this weekend. We only have 3 uncommitted guys on campus & we know Ealy isn't doing anything anytime soon.
Ealy is either going to the MLB or Clemson.

Ari Gold
12-08-2018, 04:54 PM
We would have taken Grays commit at any time if he wanted to commit . We were recruiting him as hard as anyone was based on his interest in us .
All this shit about only on RB and we chased away other Good RB is false and stupid

SmokeyDawg
12-08-2018, 05:11 PM
Just saw Cross has been bumped to top 100 prospect. Obviously he's still the same player he was but would be a big get.

Hambone
12-08-2018, 05:29 PM
That means Cross is going to Georgia or Bama.... *

HoopsDawg
12-08-2018, 06:22 PM
Just saw Cross has been bumped to top 100 prospect. Obviously he's still the same player he was but would be a big get.

Cross and big K. Johnson would give us a pair of highly rated tackles. Need to find and develop a good center.

KOdawg1
12-08-2018, 06:48 PM
Ealy is either going to the MLB or Clemson.
MLB yes, Clemson no.

MetEdDawg
12-08-2018, 07:02 PM
Here's how you fill a hole: go get Asa Martin. Decided he's going to transfer from Auburn. Not sure how much Auburn will restrict him but he would be worth talking to. He's from an area where we've had a lot of successful kids come from.

HoopsDawg
12-08-2018, 07:13 PM
Here's how you fill a hole: go get Asa Martin. Decided he's going to transfer from Auburn. Not sure how much Auburn will restrict him but he would be worth talking to. He's from an area where we've had a lot of successful kids come from.

pathetic how the AU coaches blew his redshirt. Worse than Moorhead with KT.

Ifyouonlyknew
12-08-2018, 07:18 PM
Cross and big K. Johnson would give us a pair of highly rated tackles. Need to find and develop a good center.

I think Pendley could be that type. James Jackson is working at Center also. After Darryl Williams next year he could possibly be the guy.

msbulldog
12-08-2018, 07:21 PM
pathetic how the AU coaches blew his redshirt. Worse than Moorhead with KT.

He still has his redshirt, he can use it to sit out his transfer year. Courtland is closer to Starkvegas than Auburn.

BrunswickDawg
12-09-2018, 12:30 PM
What Marietta did in getting all that talent is just stupid. The fact they lost 1st round this year cracks me up.
Marietta has had a crootin network for years. It got set up under Dexter Wood in the late 80s and built his teams. He then took the idea to Buford and built a power house. I could tell you some stories that would make Ole Miss proud.

sscjr1
12-09-2018, 01:53 PM
Charles Cross in the boat!!

Hambone
12-09-2018, 02:33 PM
Who’s next?

Dawgology
12-09-2018, 02:34 PM
Charles Cross in the boat!!

Hot damn!

Doggie_Style
12-09-2018, 02:41 PM
Who’s next?

So there’s Pendley, Bedford, Raydar Jones, Hall and maybe TJ Jones (WR) still on the board... Hall and Raydar visit next week hopefully...if Bedford is interested he should get in the boat soon...Pendley visits USC next weekend so he probably waits till later

msu15
12-09-2018, 04:20 PM
So there?s Pendley, Bedford, Raydar Jones, Hall and maybe TJ Jones (WR) still on the board... Hall and Raydar visit next week hopefully...if Bedford is interested he should get in the boat soon...Pendley visits USC next weekend so he probably waits till later

Ealy is very much on the board

KOdawg1
12-09-2018, 04:28 PM
Ealy is very much on the board

As much as he's been on our campus, yes he is.

KOdawg1
12-09-2018, 06:44 PM
https://twitter.com/derick_hall5/status/1071881118624948224

Anything to worry about here?

ShotgunDawg
12-09-2018, 06:51 PM

Not with OM. Just gotta make sure he visits us next weekend

KOdawg1
12-09-2018, 06:53 PM
Not with OM. Just gotta make sure he visits us next weekend

Hopefully he shows. Hall's recruitment has been weird.

HoopsDawg
12-09-2018, 07:23 PM
So at this point, we hope to land Pendley and Bedford to close out our O-line recruiting. Need to get Hall to give us a LB. Find a Juco DT. And I would love to sign Raydar Jones. Process 1 commit, and maybe find a surprise somewhere, and that's a wrap for 2019.

Turfdawg67
12-09-2018, 07:35 PM

Is he a State lean? Hard to worry if he wasn't coming here anyway. That said, I'm sure his visit to Oxford was $pecial, and could $way $omeone their way.

KOdawg1
12-09-2018, 08:13 PM
So at this point, we hope to land Pendley and Bedford to close out our O-line recruiting. Need to get Hall to give us a LB. Find a Juco DT. And I would love to sign Raydar Jones. Process 1 commit, and maybe find a surprise somewhere, and that's a wrap for 2019.

Most think Bedford is ours, not sure on Pendley, some feel good about Hall but I don't, Keonte Schad is the DT we're targeting, and I think Raydar Jones ends up at OM, but he's a Feb signee I believe, so we have time.

Ifyouonlyknew
12-09-2018, 08:21 PM
Most think Bedford is ours, not sure on Pendley, some feel good about Hall but I don't, Keonte Schad is the DT we're targeting, and I think Raydar Jones ends up at OM, but he's a Feb signee I believe, so we have time.

We feel great on Pendley. Really good on Bedford. Schad hasn't received an offer I'm not sure he gets 1. As long as Hall shows up this weekend I expect him in our class. Raydar is an EE he signs next week.

KOdawg1
12-09-2018, 08:27 PM
We feel great on Pendley. Really good on Bedford. Schad hasn't received an offer I'm not sure he gets 1. As long as Hall shows up this weekend I expect him in our class. Raydar is an EE he signs next week.

Dang, I thought I read somewhere that Raydar was waiting until Feb.

You think he's OM's to lose?

HoopsDawg
12-09-2018, 08:27 PM

You think we can get Raydar. I just love adding speed to the roster.

Ifyouonlyknew
12-09-2018, 08:33 PM
You think we can get Raydar. I just love adding speed to the roster.

Most assume OM Bc his sister goes there & it's close to home. It wouldn't surprise me if he ended up there but he's always had a good relationship with our staff. Getting him in for an OV is big even if just mid week. This staff has proven if they can get kids on campus they have a legit chance.

maroonmania
12-09-2018, 08:51 PM
Will be interesting to see if we've nailed down the Brooks commitment. Not sure why we would be in danger of him flipping to Arkansas unless his primary goal is just lots of playing time as a true FR. That program is just devoid of talent at the moment.

Ifyouonlyknew
12-09-2018, 08:59 PM
Will be interesting to see if we've nailed down the Brooks commitment. Not sure why we would be in danger of him flipping to Arkansas unless his primary goal is just lots of playing time as a true FR. That program is just devoid of talent at the moment.

I think the Brooks wavering was overblown. Family has been set on MSU for a while. He's enjoyed being recruited but behind the scenes it wasn't near the drama.

Ari Gold
12-09-2018, 09:15 PM
I think the Brooks wavering was overblown. Family has been set on MSU for a while. He's enjoyed being recruited but behind the scenes it wasn't near the drama.

Yeah is pretty amazing that everything is overblown negatively towards State in recruiting

Cooterpoot
12-09-2018, 09:32 PM
Damn guys, we loading up. Going to piss of OM too.

Ifyouonlyknew
12-09-2018, 09:36 PM
Damn guys, we loading up. Going to piss of OM too.

Just need to make sure Raydar visits mid week & Hall makes it this weekend.

Todd4State
12-09-2018, 09:45 PM

Yep.

Cooterpoot
12-09-2018, 09:48 PM

If we pull Jones and Hall, awwwww shhhiiiiiiiiittttt.

SailingDawg
12-09-2018, 10:06 PM
Apparently Derick Hall visited OM this weekend. I thought he was leaning MSU having not received much follow-up from Auburn, but Luke's a Gulfport boy so someone may be pushing him a bit. Anyone heard anything else on him? He didn't have a good senior season.

SailingDawg
12-09-2018, 10:08 PM

Sorry, didn't see these posts until after I posted. It's been weird @KOdawg1 because he didn't dominate on the field like he should have this year.

Cooterpoot
12-09-2018, 10:47 PM
Hall played out of position this year. He’s better than his numbers. He’s a smart kid. He’s not wasting his career in Oxford.

Doggie_Style
12-09-2018, 11:16 PM
Hall played out of position this year. He?s better than his numbers. He?s a smart kid. He?s not wasting his career in Oxford.

Agreed....as long as Hall visits next week I like our chances

Todd4State
12-10-2018, 01:21 AM
Apparently Derick Hall visited OM this weekend. I thought he was leaning MSU having not received much follow-up from Auburn, but Luke's a Gulfport boy so someone may be pushing him a bit. Anyone heard anything else on him? He didn't have a good senior season.

Courtesy visit I suspect. His Mom grew up with Luke. I won't worry unless he doesn't visit.

Bothrops
12-10-2018, 02:39 AM
What's happening on the Charles Moore front?

Coursesuper
12-10-2018, 07:32 AM
What position should Hall play? He's kinda light.

Ifyouonlyknew
12-10-2018, 08:27 AM
What position should Hall play? He's kinda light.

He's a OLB & he's 220lbs.

Coursesuper
12-10-2018, 08:41 AM
He's a OLB & he's 220lbs.

I've watched him play a couple of times this year, I'm very surprised he's 220, he's tall but he doesn't look or play like 220. And Gulfport lined him up at OLB most of the time when I saw him.

Cary Hudson's little bro
12-10-2018, 09:00 AM
I've watched him play a couple of times this year, I'm very surprised he's 220, he's tall but he doesn't look or play like 220. And Gulfport lined him up at OLB most of the time when I saw him.

You have to project what he can be...he'll be 6-4 240-250 in 2-3 years and a clone of KJ Wright, hopefully.

Coursesuper
12-10-2018, 09:17 AM
You have to project what he can be...he'll be 6-4 240-250 in 2-3 years and a clone of KJ Wright, hopefully.

You never know, but he didn't blow me away when I saw him, that said you never know what they will do when they get 10 more around them that can GO. Some of them step up and go get it some of them just don't have it inside to let it go. Did anyone here see him play Ocean Springs I think his stats were very good that game?

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
12-10-2018, 09:28 AM
What's happening on the Charles Moore front?

This....something up?

Dawg-gone-dawgs
12-10-2018, 10:14 AM
This....something up?

It has been mentioned that he is most likely to flip than anyone we have. I think that is typical rumor mill BS that is spewed this time every year. I think he is all dawg.

Doggie_Style
12-10-2018, 10:24 AM
so the Raydar Jones visit won't happen afterall...any chance we can get an in-home with him before signing day?

Ifyouonlyknew
12-10-2018, 10:44 AM
so the Raydar Jones visit won't happen afterall...any chance we can get an in-home with him before signing day?

They can always go in home today or tomorrow before he leaves for the all star game. With him not OV I don't like our chances though.

GreenheadDawg
12-10-2018, 11:46 AM
They can always go in home today or tomorrow before he leaves for the all star game. With him not OV I don't like our chances though.

Any comment on the Charles Moore mentions on here?

Cooterpoot
12-10-2018, 11:51 AM
Moore is just tripping. He'll sign with us. If he was flipping, he'd have already done it.

KOdawg1
12-10-2018, 12:01 PM
Moore is just tripping. He'll sign with us. If he was flipping, he'd have already done it.

Kinda like Malik Heath last year. He seemed to be talking to everyone but us, but after he had his fun, he signed with the good guys (too bad he didn't qualify tho)

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
12-10-2018, 12:15 PM
A little OT, but any more leads on where Tony Hughes lands?

Irondawg
12-10-2018, 12:16 PM
best case maybe we can talk jones into holding out till Feb. I have no idea how many times he's been to our campus already

Dawg-gone-dawgs
12-10-2018, 12:28 PM
A little OT, but any more leads on where Tony Hughes lands?

MSU

msbulldog
12-10-2018, 01:05 PM
It has been mentioned that he is most likely to flip than anyone we have. I think that is typical rumor mill BS that is spewed this time every year. I think he is all dawg.

I agree Dawg-gone, total BS. He has been one of our biggest recruiters and he has been on campus constantly.

NickoeWatersHedges
12-10-2018, 02:41 PM
Just to throw this out there...Bama just gained 2 more DB commits this weekend one 5 star Safety and one 4 star corner. Including Turnage thats three 4 star corners they have just in this class..hopefully TBuck staying on Brandon hard and the playing time aspect will get him looking to the maroon and white.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
12-10-2018, 02:47 PM
Just to throw this out there...Bama just gained 2 more DB commits this weekend one 5 star Safety and one 4 star corner. Including Turnage thats three 4 star corners they have just in this class..hopefully TBuck staying on Brandon hard and the playing time aspect will get him looking to the maroon and white.

As I have said....the Tide is Turning.

MetEdDawg
12-10-2018, 02:52 PM

If I'm Turnage, this whole thing is two fold. One, I have to look at the fact they have 5 secondary guys on their commit list including 2 other corners beside me. And they will get more next year that are 4 and 5 stars. I get not shying away from competition, but that's going to be tough to break in even though he's really really good.

Two, I have to look at the other MS guys that have had rough times at Alabama. Yeah Raekwon was a stud. But Lashley and Knott are doing virtually nothing and I feel completely sure of the fact they would be making a positive impact right now at MSU. You come to MSU and you can see the difference in the secondary this year with the growth. And you can be part of something special with the rest of these Mississippi kids coming to MSU and making a difference.

Turnage would be huge for us. He's the kind of secondary player we don't get. Those guys go to LSU and Bama. Would be big time for our program to add him.

KOdawg1
12-10-2018, 02:52 PM
So does Turnage just want to get out of Oxford? It'd be hilarious if he decomitted from Bama and chose us, sending a message that the university in his hometown wasn't even in his top 2.

We need to get him on a visit though.

Ifyouonlyknew
12-10-2018, 02:54 PM
I expect Turnage to sign with Bama.

Ari Gold
12-10-2018, 03:47 PM
I expect Turnage to sign with Bama.

I agree

Ifyouonlyknew
12-10-2018, 03:51 PM
Any comment on the Charles Moore mentions on here?

I expect Moore to cause plenty of drama & heartburn for fans. I expect Moore to sign with MSU.

GreenheadDawg
12-10-2018, 04:11 PM
I expect Moore to cause plenty of drama & heartburn for fans. I expect Moore to sign with MSU.

Has to be a couple of those every year.

Ari Gold
12-10-2018, 04:40 PM

Also agree.
I predict that Pickering signs next week and Moore does in Feb.

msbulldog
12-10-2018, 06:56 PM
If I'm Turnage, this whole thing is two fold. One, I have to look at the fact they have 5 secondary guys on their commit list including 2 other corners beside me. And they will get more next year that are 4 and 5 stars. I get not shying away from competition, but that's going to be tough to break in even though he's really really good.

Two, I have to look at the other MS guys that have had rough times at Alabama. Yeah Raekwon was a stud. But Lashley and Knott are doing virtually nothing and I feel completely sure of the fact they would be making a positive impact right now at MSU. You come to MSU and you can see the difference in the secondary this year with the growth. And you can be part of something special with the rest of these Mississippi kids coming to MSU and making a difference.

Turnage would be huge for us. He's the kind of secondary player we don't get. Those guys go to LSU and Bama. Would be big time for our program to add him.

All excellent points, You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to MetEdDawg again.

SailingDawg
12-10-2018, 09:54 PM
JoMo just rang the bell. Who is it?

vv83
12-10-2018, 09:59 PM
Pendley?

Commercecomet24
12-10-2018, 10:12 PM
I was expecting 3 commits out of this last weekend that makes number 2. I still believe we'll get one more before the week is over.

sscjr1
12-10-2018, 10:31 PM
Nick Pendley in the boat!!

ShotgunDawg
12-11-2018, 10:20 AM
There appears to be some smoke around Plumlee losing his spot at UGA. Something to keep an eye on

Doggie_Style
12-11-2018, 10:23 AM
There appears to be some smoke around Plumlee losing his spot at UGA. Something to keep an eye on

Interesting...would we make a spot for him?

Scared_Hitless
12-11-2018, 10:23 AM
Is Plumlee even on the radar for us? Would we take two Qbs?

ShotgunDawg
12-11-2018, 10:26 AM
Interesting...would we make a spot for him?

I'd imagine so. He's a good player with some versatility

ShotgunDawg
12-11-2018, 10:27 AM
Is Plumlee even on the radar for us? Would we take two Qbs?

He committed to UGA as a safety or slot WR.

Doggie_Style
12-11-2018, 10:32 AM

.....and we are currently looking for a slot WR....hmmm......you know the bears will be lurking

Ifyouonlyknew
12-11-2018, 10:33 AM

UGA isn't looking to drop him.

Ifyouonlyknew
12-11-2018, 10:33 AM

He committed as a QB.

ShotgunDawg
12-11-2018, 10:34 AM

Oh ok. Bo Bounds just said he heard they were.

Seems to be some smoke, but I'll take your word for it

Doggie_Style
12-11-2018, 10:36 AM
Oh ok. Bo Bounds just said he heard they were.

Seems to be some smoke, but I'll take your word for it

Yea and a bear CB'd him to OM

Doggie_Style
12-11-2018, 10:37 AM

yes but he may be looking at other options where he can get playing time

ShotgunDawg
12-11-2018, 10:39 AM
David Johnson just said on Bo Bounds that he thinks Hall signs with MSU

Ifyouonlyknew
12-11-2018, 10:39 AM
yes but he may be looking at other options where he can get playing time

He wants to play QB. How does he have an easier path at OM?

ShotgunDawg
12-11-2018, 10:43 AM
He wants to play QB. How does he have an easier path at OM?

Well, he has no path at Georgia.

If he wants to play QB that bad, he should look at a G5 school or Vandy

ShotgunDawg
12-11-2018, 10:45 AM
Montravious Richardson has been officially dropped.

msu15
12-11-2018, 10:47 AM

Can't remember who it was, but somebody called this over the summer. Numbers always work out.

Ari Gold
12-11-2018, 10:48 AM

Expected if we hit our other targets with OL. And we did

ShotgunDawg
12-11-2018, 10:48 AM
Can't remember who it was, but somebody called this over the summer. Numbers always work out.

Yeah, it's been expected for a while & Pendley's commitment last night obviously pushed it over the edge.

ShotgunDawg
12-11-2018, 10:49 AM

Incredible job this staff on the OL

It's exciting to dream about what this team will look like with a even better OL play than what we've had.

Ari Gold
12-11-2018, 10:52 AM
On JRP
I bet the kid ends up at USM plays QB and Baseball.
And yes he is talented enough to play In the SEC just probably not at QB.

Doggie_Style
12-11-2018, 10:55 AM

so what do you think our number is? We currently have 4 that will likely sign next week...Washington says he won't sign until Feb. so he's likely out also and we all are hopeful that Cunningham qualifies.....if Bedford makes it we have five

ShotgunDawg
On JRP
I bet the kid ends up at USM plays QB and Baseball.
And yes he is talented enough to play In the SEC just probably not at QB.

More power to him if he does.

msu15
Bedford come on down

ShotgunDawg
12-11-2018, 10:57 AM
Bedford come on down

Yup

ShotgunDawg
12-11-2018, 10:59 AM
Bedford come on down

Yup

Probably the most power 5 offers in an OL class as we've ever had

BeardoMSU
12-11-2018, 11:00 AM
Yup

Probably the most power 5 offers in an OL class as we've ever had

and all 3, high 3, and 4 star caliber guys, right? No more converted DT's for us, lol.

ShotgunDawg
12-11-2018, 11:01 AM
and all 3, high 3, and 4 star caliber guys, right? No more converted DT's for us, lol.

Yes

Scared_Hitless
12-11-2018, 11:19 AM
Anyone else listen to Bo Bounds and feel like he shits on our program consistently? When Cross committed he said nice to get but they will struggle to hold him to signing day. He seems to pump Ole Miss recruiting hard and they are going to land everyone they offer basically. Maybe he is just trying to be unbiased and cant toe the line well, but it is frustrating to listen too.

ShotgunDawg
12-11-2018, 11:24 AM
Anyone else listen to Bo Bounds and feel like he shits on our program consistently? When Cross committed he said nice to get but they will struggle to hold him to signing day. He seems to pump Ole Miss recruiting hard and they are going to land everyone they offer basically. Maybe he is just trying to be unbiased and cant toe the line well, but it is frustrating to listen too.

He's just like Troy Aikman is with Dak. Bo is an MSU fan but, along with MSU money & sponsors, he also needs OM money & sponsors to survive. Thus, in an effort to sound unbiased, he goes a little far the other way.

Commercecomet24
12-11-2018, 11:47 AM
I've known Plumlee and his family for years. They are not fans of unm AT ALL! If for some reason he doesn't go to UGA, he will be at usm playing football and baseball. The kid really doesn't want to give up baseball yet.

Commercecomet24
12-11-2018, 11:50 AM
With what this staff is doing and the plan they have in place for recruiting, in the near future we will be starting 4 stars or high 3 star players at just about every position on the field

Cooterpoot
12-11-2018, 12:00 PM
When are you guys going to stop listening to Bounds? He plays the shit out of the State fans. Just stop listening. There's so much more out there with podcasts etc. to listen to that sack of monkey crap.
I've asked on Plumlee and he hasn't been dropped. Was also told, the MLB scouts watched him during football season, so that's picking up a little (I don't see it being serious enough though).
He could be a star at USM if he wanted to be. Tulane as well. But he's got a boat load of offers and I can promise you, OM isn't getting in on that action. And people forget, he's got a high ACT score. He can go to school for free without athletics. He's a free ride for any baseball program.

Commercecomet24
12-11-2018, 12:28 PM
When are you guys going to stop listening to Bounds? He plays the shit out of the State fans. Just stop listening. There's so much more out there with podcasts etc. to listen to that sack of monkey crap.
I've asked on Plumlee and he hasn't been dropped. Was also told, the MLB scouts watched him during football season, so that's picking up a little (I don't see it being serious enough though).
He could be a star at USM if he wanted to be. Tulane as well. But he's got a boat load of offers and I can promise you, OM isn't getting in on that action. And people forget, he's got a high ACT score. He can go to school for free without athletics. He's a free ride for any baseball program.

Bravo, Sir! You hit the nail on the head with everything you just said. We know some of the same folks lol!

msbulldog
12-11-2018, 01:14 PM
.....and we are currently looking for a slot WR....hmmm......you know the bears will be lurking

Their talking about Plumlee on their 247 recruiting board.

msbulldog
12-11-2018, 01:21 PM
I've known Plumlee and his family for years. They are not fans of unm AT ALL! If for some reason he doesn't go to UGA, he will be at usm playing football and baseball. The kid really doesn't want to give up baseball yet.

CC I'm sure he could play BB for us I've read he's pretty good.

bobcat91
12-11-2018, 01:33 PM

So the question I have is this. Why not MSU? No he probably would be a S here but could 0lay both football and Baseball here. To go to USM to play QB is pretty stupid. All that being said I still expect him at Georgia

Commercecomet24
12-11-2018, 01:35 PM
CC I'm sure he could play BB for us I've read he's pretty good.

I believe he could as well. Great speed good arm. Hard worker, kids a workout warrior!

Doggie_Style
12-11-2018, 01:51 PM
I hope I am wrong but I believe Pendley was our last commit before next week's signing. I think we will sign 18-20 prospects and have some work to do to get to 25 in February.

Turfdawg67
12-11-2018, 02:17 PM
I hope I am wrong but I believe Pendley was our last commit before next week's signing. I think we will sign 18-20 prospects and have some work to do to get to 25 in February.

Based off what? Your gut?

Commercecomet24
12-11-2018, 02:28 PM
I think we get one more commit before this week is over.

Doggie_Style
12-11-2018, 02:31 PM
Based off what? Your gut?

based on all public and private data I can find...we only had a few guys left that we were hoping to get aboard next week (Raydar, Schad, Hall, Bedford) and it looks like we lost all except maybe Bedford. We have no confirmed visitors for this weekend. Things could change.

GreenheadDawg
12-11-2018, 02:35 PM
based on all public and private data I can find...we only had a few guys left that we were hoping to get aboard next week (Raydar, Schad, Hall, Bedford) and it looks like we lost all except maybe Bedford. We have no confirmed visitors for this weekend. Things could change.

AKA... message boards. Leave recruiting to the guys who actually have contacts

Doggie_Style
12-11-2018, 02:37 PM

LOL

msu15
12-11-2018, 02:38 PM

+1

Cooterpoot
12-11-2018, 02:48 PM

We've got 23 commits right now I believe. Bedford is a done deal, so 24. We'll also be picking a late guy or two. We won't have trouble getting to 25.

vv83
12-11-2018, 02:51 PM
Longo out.. does that help at all with Mingo and Jackson?

Pollodawg
12-11-2018, 03:12 PM
We've got 23 commits right now I believe. Bedford is a done deal, so 24. We'll also be picking a late guy or two. We won't have trouble getting to 25.

So, when do we acknowledge that Doggie Style is a troll?

Commercecomet24
12-11-2018, 03:19 PM

This is correct. I'm expecting Bedford to commit by the end of the week.

MetEdDawg
12-11-2018, 03:26 PM
So then realistically who would be the final spot or two?

My Bama folks seem to think they are going after at least one other CB, so does that potentially make Turnage a legitimate target? I know Jarrian is going after him hard.

Can we really pull Hall? He had a good visit at Auburn from what I understand.

What are the realistic options to pull at the end?

Ari Gold
12-11-2018, 03:34 PM
Bedford
Hall
And if a couple of guys we can’t turn down want to join they will
Numbers won’t be an issue

msbulldog
12-11-2018, 06:53 PM

Don't forget Cooter, Richardson is likely being moved. We can find a lot of diamonds between now and February. Remember last year the guys that didn't sign early popped up everywhere. Rep Given.

Ifyouonlyknew
12-11-2018, 07:59 PM
Looks like I was wrong on Plumlee. He's not going to be an EE & UGA is changing his offer to a gray shirt. If he decides to sign early I figure it's OM. If he decides to wait until February we'll have a chance.

HoopsDawg
12-11-2018, 08:04 PM
Looks like I was wrong on Plumlee. He's not going to be an EE & UGA is changing his offer to a gray shirt. If he decides to sign early I figure it's OM. If he decides to wait until February we'll have a chance.

UGA and Bama are on an insane level. Incredible that they can offer a kid like Plumlee a gray shirt.

Commercecomet24
12-11-2018, 08:07 PM

Anythings possible but I would be shocked if he signed with unm. I'll see What I can find out from them.

Ifyouonlyknew
12-11-2018, 08:09 PM
Anythings possible but I would be shocked if he signed with unm. I'll see What I can find out from them.

We'll see if he decides to reset his recruitment & wait til February. It would make the most sense but you never know with kids.

Commercecomet24
12-11-2018, 08:12 PM
We'll see if he decides to reset his recruitment & wait til February. It would make the most sense but you never know with kids.

Lol you got that right. The family has never been fond of unm at all but things change. If we tell him he can play baseball too I would say that would just about close the deal.

Ifyouonlyknew
12-11-2018, 08:13 PM
Lol you got that right. The family has never been fond of unm at all but things change. If we tell him he can play baseball too I would say that would just about close the deal.

I'm pretty sure that was already ok'd early in his recruitment.

Doggie_Style
12-11-2018, 08:15 PM

You have to believe that if we offered him a chance to play both sports we would lead...we must not be that interested

Commercecomet24
12-11-2018, 08:17 PM
I'm pretty sure that was already ok'd early in his recruitment.

I think you're right about that. Haven't talked to them since July. I'm gonna see what I can find out from them.

Doggie_Style
12-11-2018, 08:25 PM
I think you're right about that. Haven't talked to them since July. I'm gonna see what I can find out from them.

That would be great....it would be a travesty to have Plumlee end up a bear...smh

Commercecomet24
12-11-2018, 08:28 PM
That would be great....it would be a travesty to have Plumlee end up a bear...smh

Yeah it would really suck. I've known the kid since he was 6 and I would hate seeing him in those crappy unm colors.

Doggie_Style
12-11-2018, 08:31 PM
Yeah it would really suck. I've known the kid since he was 6 and I would hate seeing him in those crappy unm colors.

Somehow they are able to sell that ‘snake oil ‘....even with the dumpster still in flames...I don’t get it!

Commercecomet24
12-11-2018, 08:34 PM
Somehow they are able to sell that ‘snake oil ‘....even with the dumpster still in flames...I don’t get it!

Yeah. I could be dead wrong I just don't see him going there. I still really think he could wind up at usm playing qb and baseball. They big usm fans

BeardoMSU
12-11-2018, 08:34 PM

"You see those flames?....you could be the first fire-blanket to help put 'em out!!!!111!"****

Doggie_Style
12-11-2018, 08:38 PM
"You see those flames?....you could be the first fire-blanket to help put 'em out!!!!111!"****

I wouldn’t piss on UNM to help them out....

KOdawg1
12-11-2018, 08:39 PM
I would be sick if Plumlee ended up at UNM. That kid is an athlete.

KOdawg1
12-11-2018, 08:40 PM
So did we piss him off when we told him we didn't want him at QB?

Ifyouonlyknew
12-11-2018, 08:43 PM
So did we piss him off when we told him we didn't want him at QB?

We told him he'd have a chance to play QB.

Commercecomet24
12-11-2018, 08:44 PM

This.

BeardoMSU
12-11-2018, 08:48 PM

Well go tell him again, Da..I mean Joe.***

KOdawg1
12-11-2018, 08:49 PM

Well let's hope he waits until Feb. so we can get back in the game with him.

BuckyIsAB****
12-11-2018, 08:52 PM
If Plumlee is available we should put our best guy on him ASAP.

He could play QB, WR, or DB. He is a gamer. Its our own fault that we never got in the game seriously with him but now we may have a chance.

Doggie_Style
12-11-2018, 08:56 PM

He could play QB, WR, or DB. He is a gamer. Its our own fault that we never got in the game seriously with him but now we may have a chance.

OM had coaches in his house today

BuckyIsAB****
12-11-2018, 09:20 PM
OM had coaches in his house today

We are stupid if we arent trying. Im sure our coaches know alot more than we do but he is a gamer.

Cooterpoot
12-11-2018, 09:29 PM

We were one of the first schools to offer him. And he is not an SEC QB. He?s a safety all the way.

Cooterpoot
12-11-2018, 09:34 PM
You guys realize he’s going to UGA right? He could’ve gone to Clemson or AU. UM ain’t happening. I don’t care if they dig up Vaught and take him to his house.

Doggie_Style
12-11-2018, 09:38 PM
You guys realize he?s going to UGA right? He could?ve gone to Clemson or AU. UM ain?t happening. I don?t care if they dig up Vaught and take him to his house.

so you are saying he takes a gray shirt??...that?s what his offer is at Georgia

Ifyouonlyknew
12-11-2018, 10:36 PM
I hear Plumlee isn't going to sign next week & will wait to February. We're on him & trying to set up an OV in January. He could always change his mind in the next week but as of tonight he's going to wait.

msstate7
12-11-2018, 10:38 PM
I hear Plumlee isn't going to sign next week & will wait to February. We're on him & trying to set up an OV in January. He could always change his mind in the next week but as of tonight he's going to wait.

We recruiting him as WR or what?

Doggie_Style
12-11-2018, 10:44 PM

Thanks...great to hear thatt

Ifyouonlyknew
12-11-2018, 10:48 PM
We recruiting him as WR or what?

Athlete & figure it out on campus.

Commercecomet24
12-11-2018, 11:14 PM

Little side note. They are interested in meeting with Coach Lemonis as well.

BigEasyDawg
12-11-2018, 11:17 PM
Little side note. They are interested in meeting with Coach Lemonis as well.

let's use our new BBall coach as one of our in home recruiters! haha beat the system

Cowbell
12-11-2018, 11:28 PM
Ok someone is gonna have to impose some wisdom on me. I don?t know this kid at all but his highlight film makes him look like a straight up gamer. That boy has some mad wheels and has better touch on some of his passes than I saw out of Fitz all year. And he was getting pounded at times (his oline was giving him no time). Is he just too small to play QB? He looks like a white Kylar Murray.

BuckyIsAB****
12-11-2018, 11:30 PM
We were one of the first schools to offer him. And he is not an SEC QB. He?s a safety all the way.

Thats not what one of our coaches said but hey another one may have told you something different.

He could easily play QB. He would be hellacious at Auburn or here.

BuckyIsAB****
12-11-2018, 11:32 PM
Ok someone is gonna have to impose some wisdom on me. I don?t know this kid at all but his highlight film makes him look like a straight up gamer. That boy has some mad wheels and has better touch on some of his passes than I saw out of Fitz all year. And he was getting pounded at times (his oline was giving him no time). Is he just too small to play QB? He looks like a white Kylar Murray.

Thats a pretty good comparison. He is taller than Murray right now. Hes not a pure passer but when a play needs to be made he can thread the needle.

I am so glad he is gone because he was a nightmare to play against. He carried that team. He played against us last year both ways with a broke non throwing hand. Only QB I have ever seen wear a cast and still play.

He is Johnny Manziel like

NickoeWatersHedges
12-11-2018, 11:41 PM
Love to hear that on Plumlee, if he still signs with UGA that'll be a head scratcher. Wasnt he looking at North Carolina at one point? That seems like if Longo has any brains he would try to rekindle that relationship, could be a good fit for the kid too. Question for the ones more connected than I, how do y'all think we addressed the lack of elite skill players on the perimeter for us? You obviously have to guys that can make plays in space with the spread scheme, are we doing enough to inject guys like that in our offense for '19? Payton is a contributor next year IMO, are Torbor or Pruitt? Lastly, are Jerrigan or Jackson still in play? Ill hang up and listen.....

BuckyIsAB****
12-11-2018, 11:44 PM
Love to hear that on Plumlee, if he still signs with UGA that'll be a head scratcher. Wasnt he looking at North Carolina at one point? That seems like if Longo has any brains he would try to rekindle that relationship, could be a good fit for the kid too. Question for the ones more connected than I, how do y'all think we addressed the lack of elite skill players on the perimeter for us? You obviously have to guys that can make plays in space with the spread scheme, are we doing enough to inject guys like that in our offense for '19? Payton is a contributor next year IMO, are Torbor or Pruitt? Lastly, are Jerrigan or Jackson still in play? Ill hang up and listen.....

I think we are counting on big leaps from some guys on campus (Jason, Guidry, Thomas, Williams, Mitchell) and thinking maybe Payton can contribute some next year.

I will say this, if we get Mingo he could start on the first day of practice. Idk about Jernigan or Jackson. I dont think Jernigan is that good anyway but thats just me

Cowbell
12-11-2018, 11:47 PM
Thats a pretty good comparison. He is taller than Murray right now. Hes not a pure passer but when a play needs to be made he can thread the needle.

I am so glad he is gone because he was a nightmare to play against. He carried that team. He played against us last year both ways with a broke non throwing hand. Only QB I have ever seen wear a cast and still play.

He is Johnny Manziel like

Thanks Bucky... I was starting to think I was crazy... I think people forget what has made the best college qbs the last decade. Manziel, Tebow, Dak, Baker, Kyler, even Hurts in the SEC championship. Freakin gamers that had holes in their talent and all of them passed over except for Tebow. Give me one of these guys anyday.

BuckyIsAB****
12-11-2018, 11:49 PM
Thanks Bucky... I was starting to think I was crazy... I think people forget what has made the best college qbs the last decade. Manziel, Tebow, Dak, Baker, Kyler, even Hurts in the SEC championship. Freakin gamers that had holes in their talent and all of them passed over except for Tebow. Give me one of these guys anyday.

He is also tough as nails. He probably carried it 15-20 times a game and never got injured enough to leave the game.

He ran a 2 pt play against us a year ago and Brett Favre underhand pitched it to a guy in the endzone, kid didnt catch it but I knew then he was a baller

Bothrops
12-12-2018, 05:43 AM

That Torbor kid is underrated. I think we may be getting a steal.

KOdawg1
12-12-2018, 08:29 AM
That Torbor kid is underrated. I think we may be getting a steal.
He was originally a 4 star and they bumped him down.

MetEdDawg
12-12-2018, 08:32 AM
He was originally a 4 star and they bumped him down.

This. He got the typical treatment a lower end 4 star gets when they commit to MSU. They get the bump down to a high end 3 star.

NotCoJoMo
12-12-2018, 08:37 AM
This. He got the typical treatment a lower end 4 star gets when they commit to MSU. They get the bump down to a high end 3 star.

It would be interesting to see how a team's 4- or 5-year recruiting rank average might correlate with their post-season rank. I bet our final rank would be higher than expected in light of our recruiting rank because of our under-ranked small school prospects and the MSU-associated rank drop.

Cooterpoot
12-12-2018, 09:49 AM
Thats not what one of our coaches said but hey another one may have told you something different.

He could easily play QB. He would be hellacious at Auburn or here.

I've known the kid for a long time. I'm just telling you the situation told to me. Same with the OM talk. That was basically what they said. Dan Mullen offered Plumlee. Jo isn't who offered him. But State was one of his first P5 offers. He could go to an option program and play QB there maybe, but he's not a good passer. He's chasing baseball more than football too. He knows he's never going to be an NFL guy. Marcus Murphy is a better safety. So is the kid we redshirted.
If he want's to play, actually touch the field next year, then OM might be it for P5 programs.

Commercecomet24
12-12-2018, 10:37 AM
I've known the kid for a long time. I'm just telling you the situation told to me. Same with the OM talk. That was basically what they said. Dan Mullen offered Plumlee. Jo isn't who offered him. But State was one of his first P5 offers. He could go to an option program and play QB there maybe, but he's not a good passer. He's chasing baseball more than football too. He knows he's never going to be an NFL guy. Marcus Murphy is a better safety. So is the kid we redshirted.
If he want's to play, actually touch the field next year, then OM might be it for P5 programs.

You hit it right on the head. Baseball is big for him.

We may have a big flip coming also. Waiting to hear more.

BeardoMSU
12-12-2018, 10:41 AM

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/FeminineLimpingGhostshrimp-size_restricted.gif

Coursesuper
12-12-2018, 10:51 AM
You hit it right on the head. Baseball is big for him.

For or against?

BeardoMSU
12-12-2018, 10:56 AM
For or against?

I would assume for.

Doggie_Style
12-12-2018, 10:57 AM
Ealy

BigEasyDawg
12-12-2018, 11:00 AM
Ealy

https://twitter.com/mackenziesalmon/status/1072877123793240064

BeardoMSU
Ealy

Would be yuge.

He may still end up MLB, but with our baseball prowess, you never know...

Coursesuper
Ealy

That would chap some asses.

ShotgunDawg
12-12-2018, 11:06 AM
That would chap some asses.

What's funny is how much recruiting rankings matter to people; me included.

It's just amazing to me that, with the heavy likely hood that Ealy never plays a down of college football, that Ole Miss fans are more proud of their recruiting because of the ranking Ealy provides.

Not sure about you guys, but I'm proud when we get players that will help us win games, At least that is what is logical.

I'd love Ealy to flip, but I just laugh at myself & others that get excited about it.

ShotgunDawg
12-12-2018, 11:09 AM
Here is what is funny about Ealy.

If Ealy flipped to MSU, MSU's recruiting class would be ranked 13th in the country & OM's would fall to 24. All for a guy that likely won't play football.

Coursesuper
12-12-2018, 11:12 AM

It's just amazing to me that, with the heavy likely hood that Ealy never plays a down of college football, that Ole Miss fans are more proud of their recruiting because of the ranking Ealy provides.

Not sure about you guys, but I'm proud when we get players that will help us win games, At least that is what is logical.

I'd love Ealy to flip, but I just laugh at myself & others that get excited about it.

That's why its funny, UNM doesn't care about filling their needs just go get numbers that make it look good.

BeardoMSU
12-12-2018, 11:12 AM

I tend to agree, but you still never know what choice a kid will make. I'd rather have him committed with the chance he opts to stay and play 2 sports, than not.

thf24
12-12-2018, 11:13 AM
Here is what is funny about Ealy.

If Ealy flipped to MSU, MSU's recruiting class would be ranked 13th in the country & OM's would fall to 24. All for a guy that likely won't play football.

It's odd to me that his rating isn't being affected by his pro baseball prospects when factors like grades risk and years to contribute typically factor into any given prospect's rating so heavily.

IngomarDawg
12-12-2018, 11:13 AM

The part that I love the most is the spin zone that Ole Miss fans (and fans in general) put out when kids like Ealy commit/flip to the rival school. "Oh he'll never make it to [insert school name], he is going pro in baseball, he won't ever make the grades, etc.". But when they commit to their school its great.

Ifyouonlyknew
12-12-2018, 11:28 AM
Ealy

It may be but I think it's someone else.

ShotgunDawg
12-12-2018, 11:30 AM

What are the odds that the bell rings today?

msu15
12-12-2018, 11:31 AM

Mingo?

msstate7
12-12-2018, 11:32 AM

Rather it be someone else. Ealy is great for perception, but I don't wanna use an actual signing spot for a guy that won't be here

Doggie_Style
12-12-2018, 11:33 AM

In-state or out-of-state guy?

Ifyouonlyknew
12-12-2018, 11:33 AM
What are the odds that the bell rings today?

Now that I can't answer.

ShotgunDawg
12-12-2018, 11:35 AM
Rather it be someone else. Ealy is great for perception, but I don't wanna use an actual signing spot for a guy that won't be here

We agree on something. LOL

Look, I'd love to have Ealy since he builds momentum, grabs attention, & makes me feel better about our recruiting class. That being said, his commitment is kind of worthless

Ifyouonlyknew
12-12-2018, 11:46 AM
In-state or out-of-state guy?

In state but I may be wrong & you may be right. I had just heard a diff name.

ShotgunDawg
12-12-2018, 11:51 AM

Well, that's great. No matter if it's Ealy or the other guy, at least there could be 2 guys in the hopper

Ifyouonlyknew
12-12-2018, 11:56 AM

He wouldn't take up a spot. He's not signing scholarship papers. He would just show up in August & go on papers so he wouldn't count against the 25 just the 85.

msstate7
12-12-2018, 11:57 AM
He wouldn't take up a spot. He's not signing scholarship papers. He would just show up in August & go on papers so he wouldn't count against the 25 just the 85.

Then by all means, flip em

Cooterpoot
12-12-2018, 12:16 PM
Ealy is one of the late pick ups potentially. He's not going to be the only one.

StateDawg44
12-12-2018, 12:21 PM
Ealy is one of the late pick ups potentially. He's not going to be the only one.

If he's going to do it. And is signing early... I would rather him stay committed to OM until he is sitting at a table and on camera and pick up a MSU hat just to throw them for a loop rather than flipping between now and early signing day. Would make the flip that much more enjoyable.

ShotgunDawg
12-12-2018, 12:27 PM
Jones trying to get MSU fans to help flip Mingo

https://twitter.com/7reasons1k/status/1072866577081663488

RezDog7
12-12-2018, 12:28 PM

Could it be Mingo?

NCDawg
12-12-2018, 12:46 PM
We agree on something. LOL

Look, I'd love to have Ealy since he builds momentum, grabs attention, & makes me feel better about our recruiting class. That being said, his commitment is kind of worthless

That being said, I think you're totally wrong. You never know what's in his plans for the future. If we can get him to sign, we better take it.

ShotgunDawg
12-12-2018, 12:58 PM

Turnage?

ShotgunDawg
12-12-2018, 12:59 PM
That being said, I think you're totally wrong. You never know what's in his plans for the future. If we can get him to sign, we better take it.

I hope you're right

ShotgunDawg
12-12-2018, 01:24 PM
https://twitter.com/BruceFeldmanCFB/status/1072919622146379776

Commercecomet24
12-12-2018, 01:26 PM
For or against?

For us. Be a big get.

ShotgunDawg
12-12-2018, 01:44 PM
Just gonna throw this out there.

There's an outside chance that MSU signs a top 15 class

Dildoes
12-12-2018, 01:46 PM
If the impossible does happen and Ealy flips to us AND turns down what is likely to be 1st round draft pick money to come to campus... could he play baseball for us in 2019? Would he have to be an EE? Excuse me while I dream about that squad taking the diamond next year

msstate7
12-12-2018, 02:06 PM
If the impossible does happen and Ealy flips to us AND turns down what is likely to be 1st round draft pick money to come to campus... could he play baseball for us in 2019? Would he have to be an EE? Excuse me while I dream about that squad taking the diamond next year

Maybe he could get a deal like Alford (think it was him)... play football and pro baseball in summer

Commercecomet24
12-12-2018, 02:26 PM
Just gonna throw this out there.

There's an outside chance that MSU signs a top 15 class

Very very good chance!

Dawgology
12-12-2018, 03:35 PM
It's either Ealy, Mingo, or Dean. Lots of smoke on all three right now.

Jack Lambert
12-12-2018, 03:38 PM

If that happens can you imagine the melt down. It would be the most epic meltdown in history.

Ifyouonlyknew
12-12-2018, 03:43 PM

Where is any smoke on Nakobe?

IngomarDawg
12-12-2018, 03:45 PM

Imagine the cries from TSUN for the NCAA investigation if all three happened....LOL

Rayburn8
12-12-2018, 03:52 PM

I thought we were completely out of it with Dean?

Cooterpoot
12-12-2018, 03:53 PM
I thought we were completely out of it with Dean?

We are

Dawgology
12-12-2018, 03:54 PM
We are

Not what I'm hearing. Moorhead and staff doing work. Hiring Hughes was a f'n master level move.

Cooterpoot
12-12-2018, 03:58 PM
Not what I'm hearing. Moorhead and staff doing work. Hiring Hughes was a f'n master level move.

Not happening.

Ifyouonlyknew
12-12-2018, 04:21 PM

Yea Hughes not turning that ship in a week.

Rayburn8
12-12-2018, 04:25 PM
Yea Hughes not turning that ship in a week.

FWIW Pickering apperently is making it his goal this week at MS/AL All-Star to flip Dean, it'd be a miracle if he could pull it off, but I'm not holding my breath.

Cowbell
12-12-2018, 04:30 PM
FWIW Pickering apperently is making it his goal this week at MS/AL All-Star to flip Dean, it'd be a miracle if he could pull it off, but I'm not holding my breath.

Those guys playing together for a week can completely change momentum. They know that they are gonna be a legit class already and Dean and others could very well decide they want to be a part of it. It is so Sedona to have commits who are truest committed and are already working to make this a special group.

BuckyIsAB****
12-12-2018, 04:32 PM

I have coached against the kid for a few years, and Im not saying Im an expert but he has made plenty enough throws to show me he can throw it when he needs to.

He could play QB here. He is every bit as good as the Shrader kid. And yes Mullen offered him but when Moorhead was hired we somehow lost him in transition. One of our own coaches told me to my face we kinda missed the boat on him. That appears to have changed with UGA offering him a grayshirt

THE Bruce Dickinson
12-12-2018, 04:43 PM
Question: If there were no chance of Ealy playing football and entering the MLB draft, then why would he care who he was committed to in the first place? Would it make sense for him to flip anywhere?

msstate7
12-12-2018, 04:46 PM
Question: If there were no chance of Ealy playing football and entering the MLB draft, then why would he care who he was committed to in the first place? Would it make sense for him to flip anywhere?
Leverage for pro contract

HoopsDawg
12-12-2018, 04:56 PM

Mingo would be my choice all day. We haven't really addressed this glaring hole in the roster.

Cooterpoot
12-12-2018, 04:56 PM
I have coached against the kid for a few years, and Im not saying Im an expert but he has made plenty enough throws to show me he can throw it when he needs to.

He could play QB here. He is every bit as good as the Shrader kid. And yes Mullen offered him but when Moorhead was hired we somehow lost him in transition. One of our own coaches told me to my face we kinda missed the boat on him. That appears to have changed with UGA offering him a grayshirt

I'm not getting into it. You're being a homer again. I'm telling you, he's not close to being a good SEC QB. He's a run first guy in HS. Dan Mullen, Mr. Run First QB guru, didn't even want him as a QB. He'd be a marginal SEC hitter in baseball as well. Not one single SEC team was going to suit him up at QB on a regular basis- Not one. And you don't want to get into the "how well you know him" argument. He in no way compares to what we've got coming in this year.
He's a really good, smart, athlete.

KOdawg1
12-12-2018, 04:58 PM
Any update on if Hall will visit this weekend? Got to think if he doesn't show up, we aren't getting him.

StarkVegasSteve
12-12-2018, 05:02 PM

The Sharts would burn the Vaught if we got all 3. Hell they may burn it if we get one

Cooterpoot
12-12-2018, 05:02 PM
Hall is going to make a mistake. One he'll regret later.

KOdawg1
12-12-2018, 05:03 PM

OM?

BeardoMSU
12-12-2018, 05:04 PM

Great...

https://media.giphy.com/media/eKv7g4mWJLYXK/giphy.gif

Coursesuper
12-12-2018, 05:07 PM

After watching him a couple of times I'm still not convinced, looks the part just didn't play like it.

BuckyIsAB****
12-12-2018, 05:14 PM
I'm not getting into it. You're being a homer again. I'm telling you, he's not close to being a good SEC QB. He's a run first guy in HS. Dan Mullen, Mr. Run First QB guru, didn't even want him as a QB. He'd be a marginal SEC hitter in baseball as well. Not one single SEC team was going to suit him up at QB on a regular basis- Not one. And you don't want to get into the "how well you know him" argument. He in no way compares to what we've got coming in this year.
He's a really good, smart, athlete.

You are entitled to your opinion, hell you may be his Dad. I dont care.

And hell no I am not a homer for him I strongly dislike oak grove and everything to do with them but Im telling you my thoughts. Yeah hes a run first guy because he was the best athlete on the field in 9 out of 10 games he played in HS. Mullen offered him, what he wanted him as I cant say. And neither can you unless you are Danny Two Gloves dad too.

Im pretty sure we told him he would have a chance to play QB. All it takes is 1. And as far as comparing him to Shrader, I will take 6A public school ball over private school ball in SC anyday. I hope Shrader is great but Plumlee is great too.

Doggie_Style
12-12-2018, 05:21 PM
OM?

Hall > Auburn 🦅

Cooterpoot
12-12-2018, 05:29 PM
OM?

Not what I'm saying. I'm just saying he's obviously let some people make decisions for him and he'll regret it later. He may go to OM, at this point, I have no clue. I still think he'd much rather be somewhere else. If he could sign with AU today, I believe he would. I don't believe he's got the offer some think he's got with them. It just sucks when other people try to force their opinions on kids for their own sakes.

Cooterpoot
12-12-2018, 05:30 PM
You are entitled to your opinion, hell you may be his Dad. I dont care.

And hell no I am not a homer for him I strongly dislike oak grove and everything to do with them but Im telling you my thoughts. Yeah hes a run first guy because he was the best athlete on the field in 9 out of 10 games he played in HS. Mullen offered him, what he wanted him as I cant say. And neither can you unless you are Danny Two Gloves dad too.

Im pretty sure we told him he would have a chance to play QB. All it takes is 1. And as far as comparing him to Shrader, I will take 6A public school ball over private school ball in SC anyday. I hope Shrader is great but Plumlee is great too.

I'd rather have Mingo than Plumlee.

BuckyIsAB****
12-12-2018, 06:02 PM
I'd rather have Mingo than Plumlee.

Agreed. 100 percent

Doggie_Style
12-12-2018, 06:18 PM
Agreed. 100 percent

Honestly wondering if anyone can think of an example where we flipped someone like Mingo from the plantation?

BuckyIsAB****
12-12-2018, 06:37 PM
Honestly wondering if anyone can think of an example where we flipped someone like Mingo from the plantation?

I dont know but I do know that Mingo isnt like many up there. He'd be a good fit at MSU but they can sell sending WRs to the league, we cant