PDA

View Full Version : 2019 Recruiting Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32

Goldendawg
02-01-2019, 10:59 PM
depends on how legit the time is. I remember Alvin Kamara ran a 4.56 at the combine and Kamara can move. Plumlee would be a nice get for Ole Miss and I think he's a good fit. He can start out at QB in the Rich Rod system and then move to safety if it doesn't work out.

Would that be an ok 40 time if moved to SS or FS?

Irondawg
02-01-2019, 11:30 PM
So how justified is it to be really disappointed we didn't bring anybody in this weekend that could have been a longshot? There have to be some late bloomers like Lockhart in LA, TX, FL that are committed to smaller schools that we could have at least kicked the tires on to use as backup plans. I have no idea how many official we have left in the bank though.

HoopsDawg
02-01-2019, 11:30 PM
Would that be an ok 40 time if moved to SS or FS?

As a senior in high school? Yes if the times legit. Probably faster than Mark McLauren.

HoopsDawg
02-01-2019, 11:37 PM
So how justified is it to be really disappointed we didn't bring anybody in this weekend that could have been a longshot? There have to be some late bloomers like Lockhart in LA, TX, FL that are committed to smaller schools that we could have at least kicked the tires on to use as backup plans. I have no idea how many official we have left in the bank though. I think that's a legitimate complaint. It's unfortunate Johnson or Deke Adams or Richardson or even Hughes couldn't bring someone in..anyone.

I think we got caught off guard by a couple of guys and of course we messed up not taking Bedford and Lockhart in December.

KOdawg1
02-01-2019, 11:48 PM
Basically self imposed sanctions by signing under two years in a row.

msu15
02-01-2019, 11:55 PM
Basically self imposed sanctions by signing under two years in a row.

Wrong, we’ll be at 85 when fall camp opens

Goldendawg
02-01-2019, 11:56 PM
I think that's a legitimate complaint. It's unfortunate Johnson or Deke Adams or Richardson or even Hughes couldn't bring someone in..anyone.

I think we got caught off guard by a couple of guys and of course we messed up not taking Bedford and Lockhart in December.

I thought at first the early signing period would really help a program like ours. I was then very disappointed that we only signed 14 that day. More than happy about a guy like Pickering and his plan and class act, but have not felt good about any of our other commits that wouldn't sign on that day. They have been recruited again ever harder by our competition for the coming Feb signing date. I think only getting 14 on the dotted line that day was pitiful compared to other schools and their #'s of signees. Still hoping we finish somewhat strong. To end up with available spots and needs will be a real downer. JMO, and I don't think the coaching turnover helped at all short term.

Homedawg
02-02-2019, 12:52 AM

Well sure after 4 walk-on scholarships otherwise you will be wrong

KOdawg1
02-02-2019, 01:09 AM
Bc we're taking in players like Lawrence who aren't close to SEC caliber.

preachermatt83
02-02-2019, 02:33 AM
I married a 2-star #nodrama

I'm playing... somehow I tricked a beautiful woman into marrying me. Hopefully she doesn't enter the transfer portal

That's hilarious!! I'm dying over here!!

Bothrops
02-02-2019, 05:16 AM
I'm concerned about the future of MSU football recruiting. The way the '19 Mississippi class scattered in the wind and we end up with 20ish looks terrible.

Cooterpoot
02-02-2019, 06:30 AM
We screwed up the early signing period. We couldn?t get kids signed and now we?re offering guys like Lawerence and Buys and neither are worth even looking at. USM didn?t even offer Lawrence and he?s in their backyard. Baker cost us at least one player and possibly two- that mother 17r. We need Emerson and Mingo. But I?m not counting on them.

bulldawg28
02-02-2019, 07:28 AM
Damn you guys follow kids too closely and care wayyyy too much. I didn't know a large number of men could be so depressing. Some of you guys need help. Bipolar disorder is at its finest here. One day everything is ok the next tweet about the sun rising in Asia and the world is ending again. From one page to the next is pure mental anguish happening.

Leroy Jenkins
02-02-2019, 08:06 AM
I don't understand the "recruit-guru-HS-kid-jock-sniffer" types. There have been dozens of "backup-plan" guys here that turned out great. If we sign a Banks/BMac rated kid tomorrow some of y'all will have a hemorrhage. I will reserve my meltdown for two years from now when we see who the real players are.

Of course some of you will argue we can't field a team of backup plan guys...... 'cause you don't reed two gud.

msstate7
02-02-2019, 08:13 AM
I don't understand the "recruit-guru-HS-kid-jock-sniffer" types. There have been dozens of "backup-plan" guys here that turned out great. If we sign a Banks/BMac rated kid tomorrow some of y'all will have a hemorrhage. I will reserve my meltdown for two years from now when we see who the real players are.

Of course some of you will argue we can't field a team of backup plan guys...... 'cause you don't reed two gud.

Were banks and BMac late scrambles? I can't remember for sure. Another thing to consider when comparing low rated players we take now compared to Mullen is Mullen proved he had an eye for underrated players. Pretty sure most of Mullen's good diamonds were early takes though, not late

sscjr1
02-02-2019, 08:38 AM
Damn you guys follow kids too closely and care wayyyy too much. I didn't know a large number of men could be so depressing. Some of you guys need help. Bipolar disorder is at its finest here. One day everything is ok the next tweet about the sun rising in Asia and the world is ending again. From one page to the next is pure mental anguish happening.

Well what would like to talk about on a RECRUITING board?

Dawgology
02-02-2019, 08:44 AM

Literally what this board is for... Are you surprised and annoyed when you go to a football game and people are just sitting around and talking about and watching football?

bulldawg28
02-02-2019, 08:48 AM
Literally what this board is for... Are you surprised and annoyed when you go to a football game and people are just sitting around and talking about and watching football?

Sounds like you're a crybaby too huh? I doubt the board was made for bipolar men. It's for sports information. How the individual responds is up to them. Football games are nothing like men b*****s.

bulldawg28
02-02-2019, 08:52 AM
Well what would like to talk about on a RECRUITING board?

Talking recruiting is nothing like this. All of the belly aching woe is me is ridiculous. The truth is if these kids didn't have an athletic gift most of these guys would give no s***s about them. So whatever makes these kids happy i'm all for it. All of the hypotheses for every recruit is insane.

Leeshouldveflanked
02-02-2019, 09:22 AM
Bc we're taking in players like Lawrence who aren't close to SEC caliber.

Same thing was said about Benardrick Mckinney....

chef dixon
02-02-2019, 09:36 AM
Seems like Lawrence really wants to be here so I won?t complain if he becomes a part of the class. Honestly it is no worse than using a spot on a grad transfer that will suck (most do). At least a freshman has a chance to develop into something

Doggie_Style
02-02-2019, 09:45 AM
Seems like Lawrence really wants to be here so I won?t complain if he becomes a part of the class. Honestly it is no worse than using a spot on a grad transfer that will suck (most do). At least a freshman has a chance to develop into something

Our staff has followed Lawrence for a while now...they realize he is a project. I?m fine signing him as we have plenty of room. Jo blew the early signing period only landing 14. Hell Georgia ENROLLED 14!

KOdawg1
02-02-2019, 09:46 AM

This is a recruiting board, but regardless of what you think, I won't lose sleep over getting a recruit or not.

bulldawg28
02-02-2019, 09:53 AM
This is a recruiting board, but regardless of what you think, I won't lose sleep over getting a recruit or not.

Good for you

msbulldog
02-02-2019, 09:56 AM

And he said MSU is his dream school! If we got extra scholarships, let's use it on Mississippi kids who are proud to wear the logo and the Maroon!

ZedFedder
02-02-2019, 09:59 AM
Plus it definitely won’t hurt with MvKinley Jackson.

KOdawg1
02-02-2019, 10:32 AM
Good for you
I know, right?

HoopsDawg
02-02-2019, 10:36 AM

nah, not really at all. Mckinney had to play QB for his team. Everyone raved about his athleticism and he had a frame that could easily add weight. Then he went to the Blackwell all star game and had something like 20 tackles at LB and was the best player on the field.

dawgday166
02-02-2019, 10:42 AM
I married a 2-star #nodrama

I'm playing... somehow I tricked a beautiful woman into marrying me. Hopefully she doesn't enter the transfer portal

That must've been a helluva trick you pulled on her to convince her to marry you **** #justkidding

Homedawg
02-02-2019, 10:43 AM
Were banks and BMac late scrambles? I can't remember for sure. Another thing to consider when comparing low rated players we take now compared to Mullen is Mullen proved he had an eye for underrated players. Pretty sure most of Mullen's good diamonds were early takes though, not late

No they weren't. They came from small schools but we offered them early in the process.

HoopsDawg
02-02-2019, 10:47 AM
No they weren't. They came from small schools but we offered them early in the process.

Yep. The only true late offer, low rated guys I can remember that really panned out were Elgton Jenkins and Taveze Calhoun. Of course Calhoun did play in the MS/AL all star game.

Really Clark?
02-02-2019, 10:50 AM
Yep. The only true late offer, low rated guys I can remember that really panned out were Elgton Jenkins and Taveze Calhoun. Of course Calhoun did play in the MS/AL all star game.

Dillion Day

Jarius
02-02-2019, 11:00 AM

What about Dylan Favre **

HoopsDawg
02-02-2019, 11:04 AM
Dillion Day

I guess that's fair. I didn't name him b/c we were in contact with him throughout the recruiting process and told him if he gained X amount of pounds we would offer. He hit his weight goal so we offered in January. He wasn't some late name out of nowhere 2 weeks before signing day. Also, his high school tape was pretty fun to watch. He killed people in his video.

Really Clark?
02-02-2019, 11:12 AM
I guess that's fair. I didn't name him b/c we were in contact with him throughout the recruiting process and told him if he gained X amount of pounds we would offer. He hit his weight goal so we offered in January. He wasn't some late name out of nowhere 2 weeks before signing day. Also, his high school tape was pretty fun to watch. He killed people in his video.

Maybe but he didn’t get his offer until signing day, so he was still down the board

Cooterpoot
02-02-2019, 11:13 AM

No it wasn?t. No comparison there.

Cooterpoot
02-02-2019, 11:17 AM
No point in trying to justify recruiting failures. We’re not getting it done when we have to offer kids like this. You won’t see the rest of our division (minus OM) doing it. This class is still solid but it came apart a bit late. We can’t do that every year and basically cost ourselves 4+/- players.

msu15
02-02-2019, 11:55 AM
No point in trying to justify recruiting failures. We’re not getting it done when we have to offer kids like this. You won’t see the rest of our division (minus OM) doing it. This class is still solid but it came apart a bit late. We can’t do that every year and basically cost ourselves 4+/- players.

You’re wrong but ok

HancockCountyDog
02-02-2019, 12:02 PM
Let’s keep trashing kids off the board.

There is a way to say you aren’t excited about recruiting without using names.

Cooterpoot
02-02-2019, 12:05 PM
You’re wrong but ok

Nope, I’m not. The rest of the division isn’t reaching for kids like Lawrence and Buys. They’re all pretty much set. Their best available guys are more like our top guys and some spots. We continue to undersign and grab up the guys whose coaches played for us because it’s all we can get.

maroonmania
02-02-2019, 12:07 PM
And he said MSU is his dream school! If we got extra scholarships, let's use it on Mississippi kids who are proud to wear the logo and the Maroon!

Looks like a very good chance we will have an extra scholarship for both Lawrence (GCHS) and Buys (WCHS).

maroonmania
02-02-2019, 12:08 PM
Nope, I’m not. The rest of the division isn’t reaching for kids like Lawrence and Buys. They’re all pretty much set. Their best available guys are more like our top guys and some spots. We continue to undersign and grab up the guys whose coaches played for us because it’s all we can get.

The killer this year was having SO many guys that committed that later decommitted. Not sure the total number but its got to be at the upper end of what we've ever had before.

msbulldog
02-02-2019, 12:20 PM
Nope, I?m not. The rest of the division isn?t reaching for kids like Lawrence and Buys. They?re all pretty much set. Their best available guys are more like our top guys and some spots. We continue to undersign and grab up the guys whose coaches played for us because it?s all we can get.

Look Coot quit bashing the players by name! I know one of these players families and they are very good people. You don't know these folks and you have no right to bad mouth these kids. If you have criticisms. leave the names out.

Doggie_Style
02-02-2019, 12:20 PM
No point in trying to justify recruiting failures. We?re not getting it done when we have to offer kids like this. You won?t see the rest of our division (minus OM) doing it. This class is still solid but it came apart a bit late. We can?t do that every year and basically cost ourselves 4+/- players.

Completely agree...to be competitive we need to make the sale and sign at least 80% or about 20 players in December

the_real_MSU_is_us
02-02-2019, 12:27 PM
I think we can all agree that the strategy needs to change with regards to the early signing period.

Right now it's like we're using the early period just to get top talent, and trying to get a well rounded solid class in the Feb one. We sign 14 and then look for 11 more SEC players later. What we should do is shoot for a well rounded class in Dec and use Feb to get try and flip top guys. We should've signed 18-19 in Dec and we could focus our efforts on fewer guys, thus being more likely to get 6 solid players in Feb than we are to get 11.

There's a lot of SEC talent that want to sign in Dec to lock up their place, but schools like Auburn pass on them in the hopes they get a star talent at that spot instead. That's who we should get. Instead Bama gets the star talent in Dec, Auburn settles late on the kid we should have signed early, and we get Lawrence and likely not sign 25 even then.

I think we need to adjust our strategy. Dec is a great chance to get the #2 option on most teams' depth chart that nobody wants to sign early. But by waiting suddenly half the SEC misses on #1 and now we're in a 4 way recruiting battle... offer early and we get 4 #2's, offer late and we get 1 #2 and 3 #3-4 on the board due to loosing a lot of recruiting battles.I'm not saying not to still target the top guys like Moore or DJ James, I'm saying that if we feel they're sketchy to go ahead and sign the backup plan early. If More or James stick around we'll still have room, if they don't we avoid a roster hole by being more aggressive than the rest of the SEC.in the early period

msstate7
02-02-2019, 12:32 PM
Look Coot quit bashing the players by name! I know one of these players families and they are very good people. You don't know these folks and you have no right to bad mouth these kids. If you have criticisms. leave the names out.

Wait till they get here and blame everything on them I.e. fitz

bulldawg28
02-02-2019, 12:59 PM

Preach! I hope every kid signs with whatever school of their choice and has a great life. Football is just a game. It's not the measure of life or success.

Cooterpoot
02-02-2019, 01:58 PM

Call me an a-hole or whatever, that?s all good if they?re walking on. If we?re giving up a scholarship to kids with no P5 offers and limited G5 offers, then it is what it is. Then, during the season when our WRs are the worst in America and we can?t pass block, or our QB not be able to make throws/reads, then everyone is bitching.
We had things set up for a strong ending and we blew it. Plus, a coach screwed us over. It?s the same stuff every single year it seems.
Plus, this is damn sports message board. This isn?t Coddling 101 for college kids.

hacker
02-02-2019, 02:12 PM
Looks like we should at least get Emerson

KOdawg1
02-02-2019, 02:15 PM
Call me an a-hole or whatever, that?s all good if they?re walking on. If we?re giving up a scholarship to kids with no P5 offers and limited G5 offers, then it is what it is. Then, during the season when our WRs are the worst in America and we can?t pass block, or our QB not be able to make throws/reads, then everyone is bitching.
We had things set up for a strong ending and we blew it. Plus, a coach screwed us over. It?s the same stuff every single year it seems.
Plus, this is damn sports message board. This isn?t Coddling 101 for college kids.
You're not wrong. It's okay to be disappointed as a fan because you're always wanting your team to improve. It doesn't have to be sunshine and roses all the time especially when it's not called for. We didn't handle this recruiting cycle that well. Hopefully Joe learns from it and fixes it in the future.

MetEdDawg
02-02-2019, 03:19 PM
You're not wrong. It's okay to be disappointed as a fan because you're always wanting your team to improve. It doesn't have to be sunshine and roses all the time especially when it's not called for. We didn't handle this recruiting cycle that well. Hopefully Joe learns from it and fixes it in the future.

We handled this recruiting cycle exceedingly well. Name me someone we don't currently have committed that we get under Mullen.

Once you do that, I'll immediately counter with the fact we don't get Cross with Mullen here. Moorhead did the best he could. Look at the potential misses we would be highly upset about:

Mingo - Committed to OM since July and they always have the upper hand on WR. Not getting this kid is not a failure because we NEVER get kids like this. But we hired a good WR coach that had a good relationship with him. Done all we can at this point.

Ealy - Folks saying why waste time with him. He's 100% baseball. Now he's for sure playing at least 1 year of football. His recruitment is why 95% of this board isn't to be listened to because months ago that number of people said don't go after him and don't waste time. But now they want him? Makes no sense

Young - Bama commit and we lost his position coach to Bama. Come on guys. We made ground very clearly, but to expect Moorhead to get him is asinine.

Plumlee - Wants to play QB. We have our QB in this class and only under extreme home state bias would anyone say we should take Plumlee to play QB "just in case" or we can always switch him later if it doesn't work out.

Moore is a kid Mullen probably gets. But he's most certainly got some issues as we have seen over the last few days. This class got picked apart by out of state and we were always going to lose some kids to OM. We've got a good class and yes it's hard to watch the schools we compete with sitting in the top 15. Welcome to our entire existence. We've made ground and have some players in this group.

Let's not melt until signing day. Still got time to let this stuff work out

KOdawg1
02-02-2019, 03:32 PM
We handled this recruiting cycle exceedingly well. Name me someone we don't currently have committed that we get under Mullen.

Once you do that, I'll immediately counter with the fact we don't get Cross with Mullen here. Moorhead did the best he could. Look at the potential misses we would be highly upset about:

Mingo - Committed to OM since July and they always have the upper hand on WR. Not getting this kid is not a failure because we NEVER get kids like this. But we hired a good WR coach that had a good relationship with him. Done all we can at this point.

Ealy - Folks saying why waste time with him. He's 100% baseball. Now he's for sure playing at least 1 year of football. His recruitment is why 95% of this board isn't to be listened to because months ago that number of people said don't go after him and don't waste time. But now they want him? Makes no sense

Young - Bama commit and we lost his position coach to Bama. Come on guys. We made ground very clearly, but to expect Moorhead to get him is asinine.

Plumlee - Wants to play QB. We have our QB in this class and only under extreme home state bias would anyone say we should take Plumlee to play QB "just in case" or we can always switch him later if it doesn't work out.

Moore is a kid Mullen probably gets. But he's most certainly got some issues as we have seen over the last few days. This class got picked apart by out of state and we were always going to lose some kids to OM. We've got a good class and yes it's hard to watch the schools we compete with sitting in the top 15. Welcome to our entire existence. We've made ground and have some players in this group.

Let's not melt until signing day. Still got time to let this stuff work out
Not melting at all. Out of the top 15 players in the state, we'll get 4. Maybe 5. The staff totally mishandled the D. Washington/Matthew Bedford situation. We should've signed Bedford when Washington elected not to sign early. Now we won't get either. We're gonna end up about 3-4 schollys short of 25. Need to hit the grad transfers to fill it out. And then we're going to sign Lawrence who isn't a P5 player. He's barely even a G5 player. I get state is his dream school but state was my dream school too. But I'm 6'2, 175, slow and white so it wasn't meant to be. Hopefully we finish strong with Mingo. We have some talented players in the class, don't get me wrong. But we missed some opportunities.

maroonmania
02-02-2019, 03:37 PM
Not melting at all. Out of the top 15 players in the state, we'll get 4. Maybe 5. The staff totally mishandled the D. Washington/Matthew Bedford situation. We should've signed Bedford when Washington elected not to sign early. Now we won't get either. We're gonna end up about 3-4 schollys short of 25. Need to hit the grad transfers to fill it out. And then we're going to sign Lawrence who isn't a P5 player. He's barely even a G5 player. I get state is his dream school but state was my dream school too. But I'm 6'2, 175, slow and white so it wasn't meant to be. Hopefully we finish strong with Mingo. We have some talented players in the class, don't get me wrong. But we missed some opportunities.

Are you even sure we could have signed Bedford? Was committed to Indiana and stuck with Indiana. I find it hard to believe we would bypass Bedford on the hopes that DW would stick with us in February. DW is not that good to be worth the risk IF Bedford was ready to sign on the dotted line. I don't remember it going down like that though.

ShotgunDawg
02-02-2019, 04:03 PM

Correct. We could've handled somethings better in this class, however, no matter who the coach is I believe our recruiting classes will look mostly the same until MSU develops a greater network and more regional influence.

We'll never control 100% of Mississippi and we suck and have absolutely no influence or presence out of state. Think about how often local sports talk shows talk about Bama and LSU. Do you sports talk show in AL and LA do the same?

Until that changes our recruiting and team will look basically the same. 80% of a top 10 team but with G5 level talent at 2/3 positions

Bdawg
02-02-2019, 04:12 PM
So with all this doom and gloom, who are we getting? Or are we just bitching about recruits that could still sign with us and we are just mad we don't have them in the boat already?

ShotgunDawg
02-02-2019, 04:14 PM
So with all this doom and gloom, who are we getting? Or are we just bitching about recruits that could still sign with us and we are just mad we don't have them in the boat already?

I don't think anyone knows. Although opinions on Moorehead will swing wildly on Wednesday depending

Leeshouldveflanked
02-02-2019, 05:13 PM
Why do we run plays for Ado?

Leroy Jenkins
02-02-2019, 05:21 PM
Why do we run plays for Ado?

This is almost as relevant as anything else in this thread.

Cooterpoot
02-02-2019, 06:00 PM
We’re basically down to Mingo, Moore, and Emerson. Then wait on the transfers both ways.

ShotgunDawg
02-02-2019, 06:26 PM
We’re basically down to Mingo, Moore, and Emerson. Then wait on the transfers both ways.

Does anyone understand Ealy's recruitment?

Todd4State
02-02-2019, 06:29 PM
I don't think anyone knows. Although opinions on Moorehead will swing wildly on Wednesday depending

It wouldn't matter to some posters if Moorhead flipped Alabama's entire class to MSU- their mind is made up that he sucks already.

Todd4State
02-02-2019, 06:30 PM
Does anyone understand Ealy's recruitment?

I think he just says whatever he thinks will keep whoever he is talking to happy at the moment. Just a guess. Not really too much for him to lose at this point since he is going to play baseball anyway.

Todd4State
02-02-2019, 06:35 PM
I think we can all agree that the strategy needs to change with regards to the early signing period.

Right now it's like we're using the early period just to get top talent, and trying to get a well rounded solid class in the Feb one. We sign 14 and then look for 11 more SEC players later. What we should do is shoot for a well rounded class in Dec and use Feb to get try and flip top guys. We should've signed 18-19 in Dec and we could focus our efforts on fewer guys, thus being more likely to get 6 solid players in Feb than we are to get 11.

There's a lot of SEC talent that want to sign in Dec to lock up their place, but schools like Auburn pass on them in the hopes they get a star talent at that spot instead. That's who we should get. Instead Bama gets the star talent in Dec, Auburn settles late on the kid we should have signed early, and we get Lawrence and likely not sign 25 even then.

I think we need to adjust our strategy. Dec is a great chance to get the #2 option on most teams' depth chart that nobody wants to sign early. But by waiting suddenly half the SEC misses on #1 and now we're in a 4 way recruiting battle... offer early and we get 4 #2's, offer late and we get 1 #2 and 3 #3-4 on the board due to loosing a lot of recruiting battles.I'm not saying not to still target the top guys like Moore or DJ James, I'm saying that if we feel they're sketchy to go ahead and sign the backup plan early. If More or James stick around we'll still have room, if they don't we avoid a roster hole by being more aggressive than the rest of the SEC.in the early period

I think the biggest thing that Joe should have done differently is been more aggressive with in state player after the out of state commits didn't sign in December. He needs to almost start assuming that an out of state commit that doesn't sign with us in December is looking around for "better" options. If I were him, I would go ahead and fill those spots ahead of time and if the old commit stays committed work out the numbers at the end.

I would have liked to have seen more focus on in state guys than out of state guys as well. We should have recruited Raydarious Jones harder- that may have led to us getting Nakobe Dean. But instead we hung our hat on the guy from Mobile that went to Oregon and now we're going to have to probably settle.

maroonmania
02-02-2019, 06:36 PM
We?re basically down to Mingo, Moore, and Emerson. Then wait on the transfers both ways.

I think at this point, if we could get those 3 along with our other commitments, and that's a pretty big if, I believe we would certainly all take that and call it a day.

CadaverDawg
02-02-2019, 06:41 PM
Ok recruitniks, how are we feeling about Mingo, Moore, and Ealy? Can we at least get 1 of them?

Homedawg
02-02-2019, 07:02 PM
Ok recruitniks, how are we feeling about Mingo, Moore, and Ealy? Can we at least get 1 of them?

Maybe, who knows, will know more tomorrow, and not looking likely.

Leeshouldveflanked
02-02-2019, 07:09 PM
This is almost as relevant as anything else in this thread.

I wanted to bring some levity.....

Leeshouldveflanked
02-02-2019, 07:14 PM
nah, not really at all. Mckinney had to play QB for his team. Everyone raved about his athleticism and he had a frame that could easily add weight. Then he went to the Blackwell all star game and had something like 20 tackles at LB and was the best player on the field.

Benardrick was the 27th ranked recruit in Mississippi that year.... CJ Johnson, Snoop Brassell, Senquez Golston and Tobias Singleton were the Top ranked Croots that year in Mississippi.

bulldawg28
02-02-2019, 07:38 PM
Benardrick was the 27th ranked recruit in Mississippi that year.... CJ Johnson, Snoop Brassell, Senquez Golston and Tobias Singleton were the Top ranked Croots that year in Mississippi.

And the kid that went to Auburn. He and Golston are the only ones that made it to the NFL.

Todd4State
02-02-2019, 07:56 PM
And the kid that went to Auburn. He and Golston are the only ones that made it to the NFL.

I think part of that is because Ole Miss doesn't develop players very well.

bulldawg28
02-02-2019, 08:05 PM
I think part of that is because Ole Miss doesn't develop players very well.

Agreed.

Cooterpoot
02-02-2019, 08:20 PM
Benardrick was the 27th ranked recruit in Mississippi that year.... CJ Johnson, Snoop Brassell, S enquez Golston and Tobias Singleton were the Top ranked Croots that year in Mississippi.

As a QB....we didn?t recruit him as a QB. He blew up camp.

Cooterpoot
02-02-2019, 08:22 PM
I think at this point, if we could get those 3 along with our other commitments, and that's a pretty big if, I believe we would certainly all take that and call it a day.

I don’t believe we get all three. But maybe.

SilentSteel16
02-02-2019, 08:44 PM

Whitehead ?

BeardoMSU
02-02-2019, 08:49 PM
Whitehead ?

Yep. Played CB for them.

bulldawg28
02-02-2019, 09:32 PM
Whitehead ?

That's the guy.

BuckyIsAB****
02-03-2019, 12:28 AM
So how justified is it to be really disappointed we didn't bring anybody in this weekend that could have been a longshot? There have to be some late bloomers like Lockhart in LA, TX, FL that are committed to smaller schools that we could have at least kicked the tires on to use as backup plans. I have no idea how many official we have left in the bank though.

We had a Jr day today its all good

BuckyIsAB****
02-03-2019, 12:28 AM

Yes, wouldnt be surprised to get 2 of 3

CadaverDawg
02-03-2019, 02:30 AM
Yes, wouldnt be surprised to get 2 of 3

Bucky, you're close to the Mingo situation....what are you thinking/hearing? To me, he is the most important of those 3 for us.

Leeshouldveflanked
02-03-2019, 08:50 AM
Zach Edwards LB Starkville visited Ole Miss this weekend.... is there a reason we didn’t go after him?

Doggie_Style
02-03-2019, 10:30 AM
LSU reporting that Moore’s visit didn’t go well...said they got a ‘weird vibe’ from him...LOL...not sure how that affects us but they are not a factor

KOdawg1
02-03-2019, 10:32 AM
LSU reporting that Moore?s visit didn?t go well...said they got a ?weird vibe? from him...LOL...not sure how that affects us but they are not a factor

well he's a weird dude. Good news for us

ShotgunDawg
02-03-2019, 10:48 AM
well he's a weird dude. Good news for us

Reggie White was a weird cat as well

chef dixon
02-03-2019, 11:14 AM
Charles come on back down my friend

Ifyouonlyknew
02-03-2019, 11:16 AM
Zach Edwards LB Starkville visited Ole Miss this weekend.... is there a reason we didn?t go after him?

Where did you see that? OM didn't have any official visitors this weekend.

msbulldog
02-03-2019, 11:30 AM
Over on 247 message board it sounds like Charles Moore is trending back to us. Someone who says they know him says he wants to come back. I added him back on the class calculator and he gives us ~10 more points, good for a #18 ranking at this time.

CadaverDawg
02-03-2019, 11:33 AM
Zach Edwards LB Starkville visited Ole Miss this weekend.... is there a reason we didn?t go after him?

I'd love for us to use one of those unfilled schollys on Edwards, simply bc we need LB depth. I know most agree he is not SEC ready, but neither is Dylan Lawrence and this is a Starkville kid.

msbulldog
02-03-2019, 11:37 AM
I'd love for us to use one of those unfilled schollys on Edwards, simply bc we need LB depth. I know most agree he is not SEC ready, but neither is Dylan Lawrence and this is a Starkville kid.

Concur, protect our backyard!

KOdawg1
02-03-2019, 11:46 AM
Over on 247 message board it sounds like Charles Moore is trending back to us. Someone who says they know him says he wants to come back. I added him back on the class calculator and he gives us ~10 more points, good for a #18 ranking at this time.

don't forget to take D. Washington out

CadaverDawg
02-03-2019, 11:52 AM
LSU reporting that Moore’s visit didn’t go well...said they got a ‘weird vibe’ from him...LOL...not sure how that affects us but they are not a factor

Haha,"weird" is a perfect description of his recruitment in general

Leeshouldveflanked
02-03-2019, 12:00 PM
Where did you see that? OM didn't have any official visitors this weekend.

If you click his profile on 247 it says “Feb 2 Zach Edwards officially visits Ole Miss”

Homedawg
02-03-2019, 12:23 PM
If you click his profile on 247 it says “Feb 2 Zach Edwards officially visits Ole Miss”

I don't think that is accurate

msbulldog
02-03-2019, 12:23 PM
don't forget to take D. Washington out

You're right KO, usually they're pretty good at taking decommitts out, I didn't look That puts us in 20th place at this time.

MetEdDawg
02-03-2019, 12:24 PM
You're right KO, usually they're pretty good at taking decommitts out, I didn't look That puts us in 20th place at this time.

But you can also add Duncan on there as well. He's like 95% ours.

msbulldog
02-03-2019, 12:27 PM
But you can also add Duncan on there as well. He's like 95% ours.

That boosts us to 19th.

MetEdDawg
02-03-2019, 12:32 PM
That boosts us to 19th.

That would be a good solid finish. We've only finished above 20th I believe twice in our history. For Moorhead to come in, underwhelm on the field, lose his RB, WR, and DL coach less than a month before signing day, and this be his first class by himself after having 9 years of Mullen and his staff, I would say we have to call that a success.

BeardoMSU
02-03-2019, 12:34 PM
That would be a good solid finish. We've only finished above 20th I believe twice in our history. For Moorhead to come in, underwhelm on the field, lose his RB, WR, and DL coach less than a month before signing day, and this be his first class by himself after having 9 years of Mullen and his staff, I would say we have to call that a success.

This^

Coupled with bringing in probably the best O-line class we've ever had, and a very solid D-line class.

Ifyouonlyknew
02-03-2019, 12:56 PM

It's not.

Leeshouldveflanked
02-03-2019, 01:00 PM

Are you saying that Yancy puts out false information?.... I think he is going to Louisville anyways.

MetEdDawg
02-03-2019, 01:41 PM
It's not.

Is he in play last minute?

KOdawg1
02-03-2019, 01:43 PM

doubt it

Ifyouonlyknew
02-03-2019, 01:55 PM

No

CadaverDawg
02-03-2019, 02:05 PM
Yancy says Byron Young is 60-40 Bama/Ole Miss, and that those two have always been his top schools. I just shake my head in amazement at how much that guy makes shit up. Also says Mingo is between UGA and OM, and Ealy is between OM, Bama, and Clemson and they're going toe to toe with Saban and Dabo

msstate7
02-03-2019, 02:09 PM
Yancy says Byron Young is 60-40 Bama/Ole Miss, and that those two have always been his top schools. I just shake my head in amazement at how much that guy makes shit up. Also says Mingo is between UGA and OM, and Ealy is between OM, Bama, and Clemson and they're going toe to toe with Saban and Dabo

I'm sure that's a load of crap, but I'm gonna melt if they get young, ealy, mingo, and plumlee

CadaverDawg
02-03-2019, 02:10 PM
I'm sure that's a load of crap, but I'm gonna melt if they get young, ealy, mingo, and plumlee

I could see them getting Mingo, Ealy, Plumlee...but I don't think they get Young. Maybe I'm wrong though

maroonmania
02-03-2019, 02:13 PM
I could see them getting Mingo, Ealy, Plumlee...but I don't think they get Young. Maybe I'm wrong though

Believe they would have to be the favorites right now for Mingo, Ealy and Plumlee.

CadaverDawg
02-03-2019, 02:20 PM
The silence from our "in the know" folks on Mingo and Ealy speaks volumes to my confidence in getting either

Lumpy Chucklelips
02-03-2019, 02:44 PM
What's their WR coaches name? Slips my mind right now. But I think he's a heck of a recruiter for the state of Miss. I've heard conflicting reports of whether he grew up an MSU fan or OM fan. I honestly wish he was on our side. He's helping their cause in state.

Dawgology
02-03-2019, 02:50 PM
Yeah if Ole Miss beats us out for Ealy and Mingo I’m going to have to call this a fail. With the shape of their program (booster money or not) we shouldn’t be losing that type of recruit to them at this point. If they go to Bama or Clemson that’s one thing...but not to Ole Miss.

MetEdDawg
02-03-2019, 02:55 PM
Yeah if Ole Miss beats us out for Ealy and Mingo I?m going to have to call this a fail. With the shape of their program (booster money or not) we shouldn?t be losing that type of recruit to them at this point. If they go to Bama or Clemson that?s one thing...but not to Ole Miss.

This is incorrect. They absolutely should get Mingo because we've only gotten one kid like Mingo in the last decade. OM had 3 on their roster rated higher than him this past year. Like it or not that matters. So while we can say it makes more sense for him to come to a better program, that doesn't mean we should get him because that isn't all that matters. If it did recruiting would be easy to predict and everyone would do it.

Ealy is weird. He can play at OM next year which is why he would go there. But it's hard to read a kid like Ealy but say we absolutely should have gotten him and if we don't it's a fail.

There's literally nothing in our history that says we should get Mingo. So why hold that against Moorhead to do something we can't do? Makes no sense. The state of the OM program did not matter when they went 3-9 and subsequently finished with a Top 5 recruiting class.

CadaverDawg
02-03-2019, 03:00 PM
This is incorrect. They absolutely should get Mingo because we've only gotten one kid like Mingo in the last decade. OM had 3 on their roster rated higher than him this past year. Like it or not that matters. So while we can say it makes more sense for him to come to a better program, that doesn't mean we should get him because that isn't all that matters. If it did recruiting would be easy to predict and everyone would do it.

Ealy is weird. He can play at OM next year which is why he would go there. But it's hard to read a kid like Ealy but say we absolutely should have gotten him and if we don't it's a fail.

There's literally nothing in our history that says we should get Mingo. So why hold that against Moorhead to do something we can't do? Makes no sense. The state of the OM program did not matter when they went 3-8 and subsequently finished with a Top 5 recruiting class.

Shocked that you would give excuses for why we should miss on those guys.**

We have a great history at Brandon, OM ditched their passing air raid offense, we got his QB committed....don't say we have "no reason" to get Mingo. We do.

It's also disappointing that OM is already able to play the game the same as they were...NCAA is a joke.

If we don't get at least 1 of Moore, Mingo, Ealy, or Young, that will leave a sour taste, and rightfully so. Regardless of your constant defense of all things negative regarding our coach & his staff.

Cooterpoot
02-03-2019, 03:01 PM
The silence from our "in the know" folks on Mingo and Ealy speaks volumes to my confidence in getting either

I’ve said I don’t expect either one. Mingo May surprise me but I doubt it.

Ifyouonlyknew
02-03-2019, 03:09 PM

I wouldn't say that

Doggie_Style
02-03-2019, 03:10 PM
I?ve said I don?t expect either one. Mingo May surprise me but I doubt it.

agreed....no reason to expect either....we continue to have serious concerns at WR and RB

Commercecomet24
02-03-2019, 03:12 PM

Byron is not going to unm. It's down to bama us and LSU. Byron may also not sign Wednesday to wait and see how many other dl bama signs. If he doesn't sign with bama Wednesday we should get him.

CadaverDawg
02-03-2019, 03:13 PM
I wouldn't say that

You feeling any confidence in those two? Sure would love to hear some optimism

CadaverDawg
02-03-2019, 03:14 PM
Byron is not going to unm. It's down to bama us and LSU. Byron may also not sign Wednesday to wait and see how many other dl bama signs. If he doesn't sign with bama Wednesday we should get him.

Well that's good. Any chance he picks the good guys Wednesday, or should we be hoping for no signature at all at this point for that scenario you just mentioned?

Commercecomet24
02-03-2019, 03:18 PM
Well that's good. Any chance he picks the good guys Wednesday, or should we be hoping for no signature at all at this point for that scenario you just mentioned?

Hope for him to not sign Wednesday. If he doesn't sign with bama Wednesday our chances go up big time. It's a faint glimmer but it is a glimmer. And yancy just throwing crap out there cause they were at west to see Byron Friday. He's not fond of Matt Luke or their crappy defense. Byron wants to play for a good defense

ShotgunDawg
02-03-2019, 03:19 PM

I just wish Byron gave us more time for him to get to know Deke.

His visit was a complete disaster & unfair situation. If he has any interest in MSU, I just wish he'd do himself a favor & let things settle.

ShotgunDawg
02-03-2019, 03:22 PM
Can Dylan Lawrence catch? That's a WR body type if I've ever seen one.

https://twitter.com/_dml_4/status/1092142531385671682

Ifyouonlyknew
02-03-2019, 03:22 PM

I wouldn't say that

msstate7
02-03-2019, 03:23 PM
Bama has signed 6 dlinemen already. Pretty sure bogle is a major flip risk and sopsher looks like he's headed to LSU. Is young waiting to see who else Bama signs or does Bama have young waiting to see what bogle and sopsher do?

Commercecomet24
02-03-2019, 03:29 PM
Bama has signed 6 dlinemen already. Pretty sure bogle is a major flip risk and sopsher looks like he's headed to LSU. Is young waiting to see who else Bama signs or does Bama have young waiting to see what bogle and sopsher do?

Byron may wait to see who bama signs before he decides. If he doesn't sign Wednesday there's reason for hope.

Commercecomet24
02-03-2019, 03:31 PM
I just wish Byron gave us more time for him to get to know Deke.

His visit was a complete disaster & unfair situation. If he has any interest in MSU, I just wish he'd do himself a favor & let things settle.

Byron knows deke well and likes him very much.

bulldawg28
02-03-2019, 03:34 PM

I think it's the latter. They've already held him back once.

TUSK
02-03-2019, 03:43 PM

Sospher is a package deal with his brother, Rodney (Southwest CC)... LSU has offered both of them, I dunno if Bammer has/will do the same...

Ifyouonlyknew
02-03-2019, 03:45 PM
Sospher is a package deal with his brother, Rodney (Southwest CC)... LSU has offered both of them, I dunno if Bammer has/will do the same...

His brother is a 2020 prospect now so the package deal doesn't really matter now.

msstate7
02-03-2019, 04:04 PM
Plumlee to FSU? FSU guy just CB'd him there

TUSK
02-03-2019, 04:04 PM
His brother is a 2020 prospect now so the package deal doesn't really matter now.

That does make it slightly more likely, then... especially if Rodney is legit...

Todd4State
02-03-2019, 04:19 PM
Plumlee to FSU? FSU guy just CB'd him there

Lol at Ole Miss.

Hambone
02-03-2019, 04:32 PM
We have to be the first school in the history of ever that has a recruits girlfriend at our school and he potentially goes somewhere else.

ShotgunDawg
02-03-2019, 04:35 PM
We have to be the first school in the history of ever that has a recruits girlfriend at our school and he potentially goes somewhere else.

Plumlee must've always looked down at MSU growing up. I'm not sure there is really any other way to explain him

Lumpy Chucklelips
02-03-2019, 04:40 PM

That either tells you what he thinks of his girlfriend, or she has said pick where you want to go and I'll follow you there.

That would be funny as hell if he chose FSU over OM. That would make two that have done that, wouldn't it? New rival for the Sharks? Of course some idiot would then post on the Spirit that Free Shoes U had struck again. Did you know that we are now paying our women's basketball players to come to MSU now? Shit, I didn't know we had this much disposable money to throw around. We be rich.

HoopsDawg
02-03-2019, 04:42 PM

Ealy is signing with Ole Miss.

Cooterpoot
02-03-2019, 04:52 PM
Plumlee must've always looked down at MSU growing up. I'm not sure there is really any other way to explain him

Plumlee and his family got caught up in recruiting. I think he’ll have a difficult time being any kind of difference maker. Good kid but he’s chasing something that’s not real.

ShotgunDawg
02-03-2019, 04:56 PM

That seems absolutely crazy to me considering both his parents are MSU people, his friends are going to MSU, & his cousin is Victoria Vivians. I just don't get the Ole Miss angle with him 1 bit.

KOdawg1
02-03-2019, 04:56 PM
Plumlee and his family got caught up in recruiting. I think he’ll have a difficult time being any kind of difference maker. Good kid but he’s chasing something that’s not real.

I know Plumlee somewhat and his family. You're right, he is a good kid and a good athlete, but he's not an SEC QB.

That said, FSU just kicked their starting QB off the team so he may see an opportunity to go there and compete. I still think he ends up at OM

Cooterpoot
02-03-2019, 04:59 PM
Stop worrying about Ealy. He’s going to take the money and run.

CadaverDawg
02-03-2019, 05:00 PM
Usually when a kid decommits from us, we're out...yet a 5 Star RB decommits from OM and is being pursued by the 2 championship game participants in addition to a team in state known for running the ball....yet he chooses to go back to choosing Ole Miss?? Sorry, it stinks of "we'll pay you to sign just for the publicity, then you can go to MLB". I don't know him or his parents, that's just the only thing that makes sense at all about going to a heaping pile of shit like Ole Miss right now.

Commercecomet24
02-03-2019, 05:11 PM

I know them well and this is very accurate. He's got qb on his brain but it's just not gonna happen.

Commercecomet24
02-03-2019, 05:13 PM

No that's not it at all. Kid wants to play qb and he knows what we have on the roster.

Ifyouonlyknew
02-03-2019, 05:14 PM

We'll see

Commercecomet24
02-03-2019, 05:14 PM
We're still in it for Mingo and Ealy don't give up just yet.

Ifyouonlyknew
02-03-2019, 05:17 PM
Usually when a kid decommits from us, we're out...yet a 5 Star RB decommits from OM and is being pursued by the 2 championship game participants in addition to a team in state known for running the ball....yet he chooses to go back to choosing Ole Miss?? Sorry, it stinks of "we'll pay you to sign just for the publicity, then you can go to MLB". I don't know him or his parents, that's just the only thing that makes sense at all about going to a heaping pile of shit like Ole Miss right now.

We've had quite a few guys decommit & come back lately. Marcus Murphy, Fabian Lovett, Jarrian Jones, Aaron Odom, & potentially Charles Moore.

CadaverDawg
02-03-2019, 05:23 PM
We've had quite a few guys decommit & come back lately. Marcus Murphy, Fabian Lovett, Jarrian Jones, Aaron Odom, & potentially Charles Moore.

True, forgot about a few of those.

BuckyIsAB****
02-03-2019, 05:52 PM
Bucky, you're close to the Mingo situation....what are you thinking/hearing? To me, he is the most important of those 3 for us.

To keep it short its going to come down to us and OM. We have a good shot

BuckyIsAB****
02-03-2019, 05:53 PM

Edwards is better than Lawrence

BuckyIsAB****
02-03-2019, 05:54 PM

That is total false information

BuckyIsAB****
02-03-2019, 05:55 PM
What's their WR coaches name? Slips my mind right now. But I think he's a heck of a recruiter for the state of Miss. I've heard conflicting reports of whether he grew up an MSU fan or OM fan. I honestly wish he was on our side. He's helping their cause in state.

Jacob Peeler. He got a masters from MSU and is a very likable guy. He is a great recruiter. Would be great to bring him to Stark one day

Commercecomet24
02-03-2019, 05:58 PM
That is total false information

This.

BuckyIsAB****
02-03-2019, 05:58 PM

Other than he doesnt fit MSU's offense and Mullen never gave him the time of day when he came up to camp and we had no clue who he was.

Was a lot of ground for Moorhead to make up. If you dont know anything about a certain situation it is better to just read and not post

msstate7
02-03-2019, 06:03 PM
Other than he doesnt fit MSU's offense and Mullen never gave him the time of day when he came up to camp and we had no clue who he was.

Was a lot of ground for Moorhead to make up. If you dont know anything about a certain situation it is better to just read and not post

Well considering plumlee wants to be a QB, why would Mullen have gave him the time of day? Jalon Jones is a better prospect and he'd be here if Mullen were

BuckyIsAB****
02-03-2019, 06:06 PM
Well considering plumlee wants to be a QB, why would Mullen have gave him the time of day? Jalon Jones is a better prospect and he'd be here if Mullen were

Plumlee is a good fit for Mullen. Idk who Jalon Jones even is but Im just telling you the truth. He came to one of our camps when Mullen was here and showed out at DB locked up some good ones and we didnt even know who he was.

He wants to play QB and its doubtful he could do that here. Some on here will mark it as a loss but its not that big of a deal. Hes a good player no doubt and we would take him, but he wants to play QB. No hard feelings and wish him the best if he goes somewhere else

msstate7
02-03-2019, 06:10 PM
Plumlee is a good fit for Mullen. Idk who Jalon Jones even is but Im just telling you the truth. He came to one of our camps when Mullen was here and showed out at DB locked up some good ones and we didnt even know who he was.

He wants to play QB and its doubtful he could do that here. Some on here will mark it as a loss but its not that big of a deal. Hes a good player no doubt and we would take him, but he wants to play QB. No hard feelings and wish him the best if he goes somewhere else
He's a current Florida signee that was committed to us till Mullen left.

https://247sports.com/Player/Jalon-Jones-91994/

Bdawg
02-03-2019, 06:18 PM
Man, all this speculation got me chomping at the bit for signing day. Would really like to see Joe pull out some big wins for us. Really want Mingo, Moore or Young(both really) and transfer WR from PSU. I'm not getting upset over Plumlee or Ealy as one is most likely in MLB and the other has pipe dream to play QB and may waste his time trying to do so. I'll save my melt over Ealy (if he chooses elsewhere) when he passes up baseball. I really want WRs and Dlinemen to finish up. We really got to jump on some RBs next year for sure.

maroonmania
02-03-2019, 06:35 PM
Man, all this speculation got me chomping at the bit for signing day. Would really like to see Joe pull out some big wins for us. Really want Mingo, Moore or Young(both really) and transfer WR from PSU. I'm not getting upset over Plumlee or Ealy as one is most likely in MLB and the other has pipe dream to play QB and may waste his time trying to do so. I'll save my melt over Ealy (if he chooses elsewhere) when he passes up baseball. I really want WRs and Dlinemen to finish up. We really got to jump on some RBs next year for sure.

Exactly, if Plumlee is only going to be happy playing QB then he is not a loss for us. We already have our QB for this year. Mingo, Young and Moore are the 3 key guys to me. Would certainly like to get Ealy but he is iffy anyway given the MLB situation so even if we were to get him who would know what we have? For right now I am going to assume that Hill is our primary guy for the next two years regardless.

jacksondawg
02-03-2019, 06:44 PM
Darius Washington just officially decommitted
https://twitter.com/jags9912/status/1092204250896179201

stalkingpoon
02-03-2019, 06:51 PM
Jacob Peeler. He got a masters from MSU and is a very likable guy. He is a great recruiter. Would be great to bring him to Stark one day

Jacob is all Rebel. Yes he got his Masters from State, but I don't see him coming to State unless we offer him an upgrade from his current position.

ShotgunDawg
02-03-2019, 06:56 PM
I guess everyone is a 4 star now.

It's amazing how often guys that delaying signing get an extra star. Simply amazing.

https://twitter.com/secfootball/status/1092209130893324288?s=21

Dawg-gone-dawgs
02-03-2019, 07:35 PM
To keep it short its going to come down to us and OM. We have a good shot

Wow! That's bold and insightful!!

RougeDawg
02-03-2019, 07:37 PM
Darius Washington just officially decommitted
https://twitter.com/jags9912/status/1092204250896179201

You would think that we would reach a point where these kids or their handlers would lead to stop self incriminating. Every decommit seems to have a phrase that they are doing what?s best for their family. I?ve been watching college football for 30 years and still have not seen and families suiting up on Saturdays.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
02-03-2019, 07:40 PM
Plumlee and his family got caught up in recruiting. I think he?ll have a difficult time being any kind of difference maker. Good kid but he?s chasing something that?s not real.

Same things were being said about Gardner Minshew...

Dawg-gone-dawgs
02-03-2019, 07:42 PM
You would think that we would reach a point where these kids or their handlers would lead to stop self incriminating. Every decommit seems to have a phrase that they are doing what?s best for their family. I?ve been watching college football for 30 years and still have not seen and families suiting up on Saturdays.

They are usually talking about being closer so they can come to games easier.

ShotgunDawg
02-03-2019, 07:45 PM

No they weren't, but even if so, Minshew attended 4 different schools. Did Troy, NWCC, and East Carolina also Miss on Minshew?

Nobody questioned of Minshew was a D1 QB. Rather they just said he didn't fit Mullen's offense.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
02-03-2019, 07:56 PM
No they weren't, but even if so, Minshew attended 4 different schools. Did Troy, NWCC, and East Carolina also Miss on Minshew?

Nobody questioned of Minshew was a D1 QB. Rather they just said he didn't fit Mullen's offense.
Point is nobody knows what a kid is gonna turn out to be. It's not fair to say he is chasing something that's not real.

Homedawg
02-03-2019, 07:59 PM
Edwards is better than Lawrence

I wouldn't take Edwards if we had 10 leftover

ShotgunDawg
02-03-2019, 08:00 PM
Point is nobody knows what a kid is gonna turn out to be. It's not fair to say he is chasing something that's not real.

I won't ever blame an 18 year old kid for striving to reach his dream. You shouldn't have to give that up at 18. If it doesn't work out, he can easily transfer.

msbulldog
02-03-2019, 08:42 PM
I wouldn't take Edwards if we had 10 leftover

Why not he's a Mississippi kid. If we got a extra scholarship, give the kid a good education and a chance to do something with his life.

msstate7
02-03-2019, 08:44 PM
Why not he's a Mississippi kid. If we got a extra scholarship, give the kid a good education and a chance to do something with his life.

Who cares about winning, huh?

Bdawg
02-03-2019, 08:54 PM

If the kid can't play in the SEC, you don't give him a scholly to be a nice guy. You bank that scholly for an EE next year for someone who can. No such thing as wasting schollies at this level or any level for that matter. Heck, why didn't they give me one? I'm from MS too.

msbulldog
02-03-2019, 08:56 PM
Who cares about winning, huh?

7 I'm talking about a unused schollie and who knows he may turn out to be valuable in some way.

msstate7
02-03-2019, 08:58 PM
7 I'm talking about a unused schollie and who knows he may turn out to be valuable in some way.

Use it on a transfer or give a walk on a scholarship for a year. Use the scholarship next year

Jarius
02-03-2019, 09:26 PM
I have heard that we are currently leading for Ealy and Mingo.

Lord McBuckethead
02-03-2019, 09:28 PM

Good. Can Ealy and Mingo join up so we can get some momentum?

Lord McBuckethead
02-03-2019, 09:29 PM
If the kid can't play in the SEC, you don't give him a scholly to be a nice guy. You bank that scholly for an EE next year for someone who can. No such thing as wasting schollies at this level or any level for that matter. Heck, why didn't they give me one? I'm from MS too.

Yeah, you don't think our coaches know this. There is a reason they are looking at whomever you are talking about. I am sure. Chess, not checkers dude.

MetEdDawg
02-03-2019, 09:30 PM
Good. Can Ealy and Mingo join up so we can get some momentum?

Nope. Those two won't announce until signing day.

CadaverDawg
02-03-2019, 09:31 PM

Don't play with us, Jarius.

https://media.giphy.com/media/oLfFPxGAjyctG/giphy.gif

Really Clark?
02-03-2019, 09:33 PM

Charles Moore taken a turn as well. Strange weekend parallels his recruitment but circling back around

Bdawg
02-03-2019, 09:41 PM
Yeah, you don't think our coaches know this. There is a reason they are looking at whomever you are talking about. I am sure. Chess, not checkers dude.

What???? Someone stated to give a kid a scholly just because he was from MS and had nothing to do with his ability. Hell yeah our coaches better know this and I said nothing about them. Think someone mentioned OM looking at him, not us. Stay in your lane, DUDE.

Bdawg
02-03-2019, 09:43 PM

Awesome news! Maybe we can gain a little momentum right now

Jarius
02-03-2019, 09:43 PM
Don't play with us, Jarius.

https://media.giphy.com/media/oLfFPxGAjyctG/giphy.gif

Not playing at all, good buddy :)

maroonmania
02-03-2019, 10:28 PM

Who really knows at this point. Seems you can hear what you want to hear if you talk to enough people. Ready for Wednesday to get here so we finally know the real story.

Commercecomet24
02-03-2019, 10:34 PM

Listen to this man.

Commercecomet24
02-03-2019, 10:35 PM
Charles Moore taken a turn as well. Strange weekend parallels his recruitment but circling back around

It's looking like we may get all 3. Would be awesome close.

ShotgunDawg
02-03-2019, 10:40 PM

GTFOH

Bdawg
02-03-2019, 10:42 PM

And then hope Young doesn't sign to put the icing on the cake.

msstate7
02-03-2019, 10:43 PM
GTFOH

I will be quite impressed with that finish... like "all hail Moorhead" kinda impressed. I don't see it happening though

Bdawg
02-03-2019, 10:44 PM
GTFOH

I laughed. Would be astonishing for sure and a lot of people would owe JoMo an apology

Commercecomet24
02-03-2019, 10:59 PM
GTFOH

If everything breaks right. Long time til Wednesday but there is reason for optimism.

KOdawg1
02-03-2019, 11:00 PM
If we were to get Moore, Mingo, and Ealy, I would completely forgive Moorhead for underachieving this past season. That would be huge

RougeDawg
02-03-2019, 11:09 PM
They are usually talking about being closer so they can come to games easier.

Yea. I have some bridges for sale. cheap. PM me.

Bdawg
02-03-2019, 11:10 PM
If we were to get Moore, Mingo, and Ealy, I would completely forgive Moorhead for underachieving this past season. That would be huge

Could you imagine what the Landsharts would be accusing us of doing? Would be glorious to see them melt worse than some of our own.

RougeDawg
02-03-2019, 11:11 PM

I concur. The wasted 2018 season scars would be duly healed if we sign all 3.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
02-03-2019, 11:12 PM
If everything breaks right. Long time til Wednesday but there is reason for optimism.

What exactly does "break right" mean?

KOdawg1
02-03-2019, 11:18 PM
Could you imagine what the Landsharts would be accusing us of doing? Would be glorious to see them melt worse than some of our own.

Yancy would have to go on suicide watch

Commercecomet24
02-03-2019, 11:57 PM
What exactly does "break right" mean?

It means it's a long way til Wednesday and anything can happen. Nothing's for sure in recruiting til the ink dries.

Todd4State
02-04-2019, 12:18 AM
It means it's a long way til Wednesday and anything can happen. Nothing's for sure in recruiting til the ink dries.

This is so true. And especially with this group of recruits. It seems like there is more weirdness than a usual year.

Todd4State
02-04-2019, 12:19 AM
Yancy would have to go on suicide watch

Nah- he would do what he did when Nakobe Dean and Raydarious Jones singed somewhere else. He would accuse of us of paying them off. "Something happened at the last minute and they all went to M$U."

Commercecomet24
02-04-2019, 12:21 AM
This is so true. And especially with this group of recruits. It seems like there is more weirdness than a usual year.

Been a wild ride and not over yet. Here's to hoping we finish strong.

BuckyIsAB****
02-04-2019, 01:15 AM
Wow! That's bold and insightful!!

You dont have to be a dickhead all the time you know that right

Lord McBuckethead
02-04-2019, 01:18 AM
What???? Someone stated to give a kid a scholly just because he was from MS and had nothing to do with his ability. Hell yeah our coaches better know this and I said nothing about them. Think someone mentioned OM looking at him, not us. Stay in your lane, DUDE.

17 my lane. I stand by ny comments. Coaches know what they are doing. Maybe we will all be surprised by someone who will put it all on the line for their dream school. That type of enthusiasm may be exactly what we need.

Bdawg
02-04-2019, 08:34 AM
17 my lane. I stand by ny comments. Coaches know what they are doing. Maybe we will all be surprised by someone who will put it all on the line for their dream school. That type of enthusiasm may be exactly what we need.

Man you jumped my post and I don't believe you even knew the context. Guy I responded to said we should just sign a guy because we have room to give the guy a good chance at life. While noble, that's not how you run an SEC football program. You do your best to sign guys who can contribute. This is not a charity. I never said anything about coaches and I don't why you brought them up. But if you knew the context and are agreeing with the person I responded to, well, I guess I'm glad you or him are not running our football program. Not chasing this any farther though as this is veering off the recruiting topic.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
02-04-2019, 09:20 AM

ahhh gotcha. So you feel good about them now but anything can happen. Ok

Dawg-gone-dawgs
02-04-2019, 09:22 AM
You dont have to be a dickhead all the time you know that right

Well now I do! Thanks!

Cooterpoot
02-04-2019, 09:34 AM

No, we never wanted Minshew (we don't even really want Plumlee as a QB). And Plumlee is nowhere near the passer Minshew is.

AlSwearengen
02-04-2019, 11:43 AM
Concerning Plumlee, I live in h’burg and one of my friends was with Plumlee and his family and friends a few days ago. He said Plumlee was not a very big kid at all, maybe 5’10”. Can anyone confirm this?

He also said he was better at baseball and that he had nagging injuries during his junior baseball season.

BuckyIsAB****
02-04-2019, 11:45 AM
Concerning Plumlee, I live in h’burg and one of my friends was with Plumlee and his family and friends a few days ago. He said Plumlee was not a very big kid at all, maybe 5’10”. Can anyone confirm this?

He also said he was better at baseball and that he had nagging injuries during his junior baseball season.

He's right at 6'0 maybe. But he's built well he got hit a lot at OG running it as much as he did

ShotgunDawg
02-04-2019, 11:51 AM
Rosebowl say on Boneyard:

- Moore wants to be a bulldog but there are those around him that prefer out of state. MSU or Auburn. Was at MSU last night.

- Ealy to MSU or OM

- Mingo to MSU or OM.

GreenheadDawg
02-04-2019, 12:02 PM
Rosebowl say on Boneyard:

- Moore wants to be a bulldog but there are those around him that prefer out of state. MSU or Auburn. Was at MSU last night.

- Ealy to MSU or OM

- Mingo to MSU or OM.

Well the head to heads rarely end well for us. They are cleaning out the ATMs in Oxford right now

Dawgology
02-04-2019, 12:30 PM
Well the head to heads rarely end well for us. They are cleaning out the ATMs in Oxford right now

Yep exactly what I was thinking. We will miss on all three if it's left to our people. I would guess: Moore to Auburn. Mingo and Ealy to OM.

In fact, I'm just going to assume that so I won't be dissapointed.

ejdallas322
02-04-2019, 12:31 PM
So is the 2020 thread going to start as soon as signing day is officially over?

Dawg-gone-dawgs
02-04-2019, 12:31 PM
Yep exactly what I was thinking. We will miss on all three if it's left to our people. I would guess: Moore to Auburn. Mingo and Ealy to OM.

In fact, I'm just going to assume that so I won't be dissapointed.

I don't get Ealy to OM at all that is so weird.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
02-04-2019, 12:33 PM

yes but don't bother starting it. The powers that be want to start it and yours will fade away

MetEdDawg
02-04-2019, 12:33 PM
It's a new day. Moorhead doesn't give up. We would not be in it for Ealy or Mingo under Mullen. You can take that to the bank. We at least made a move on Young and if we still had Baker we would have a good shot. Moore wants to be back in the fold.

Moorhead has continued to heavily recruit the top uncommitted talent in the state and only one of them was ever committed to us. We've gained ground in battles we never gain ground in. Moorhead is putting in work.

NCDawg
02-04-2019, 12:47 PM
It's a new day. Moorhead doesn't give up. We would not be in it for Ealy or Mingo under Mullen. You can take that to the bank. We at least made a move on Young and if we still had Baker we would have a good shot. Moore wants to be back in the fold.

Moorhead has continued to heavily recruit the top uncommitted talent in the state and only one of them was ever committed to us. We've gained ground in battles we never gain ground in. Moorhead is putting in work.

You're probably correct. I'm pretty sure we wouldn't have had a chance with Cross with Mullen and Hevesy.

MetEdDawg
02-04-2019, 01:08 PM
You're probably correct. I'm pretty sure we wouldn't have had a chance with Cross with Mullen and Hevesy.

That's the other part of this. I firmly believe this class does not contain Cross without Moorhead and staff. I can't back that up with any actual information, but previous recruiting says a kid like that does not go to MSU under Mullen.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
02-04-2019, 01:10 PM

This is dumb...everyone knows they use Western Union

CadaverDawg
02-04-2019, 01:12 PM
Ole Miss folks saying it's a failed class if they don't get Young, but get Ealy & Mingo.

Am I missing something? Based on what I've read, they aren't even in the game with Young are they? Any chance they slip in and steal him? They seem like they are totally dreaming things up

KOdawg1
02-04-2019, 01:18 PM
Ole Miss folks saying it's a failed class if they don't get Young, but get Ealy & Mingo.

Am I missing something? Based on what I've read, they aren't even in the game with Young are they? Any chance they slip in and steal him? They seem like they are totally dreaming things up
Yancy has been telling them they're in the game with Young but like CommerceComet and others have said, he's not going to OM. He's Bama bound.

ShotgunDawg
02-04-2019, 01:48 PM
Have we heard from Ari or IYOK in a while on these last 3 recruits?

Ifyouonlyknew
02-04-2019, 01:51 PM
Have we heard from Ari or IYOK in a while on these last 3 recruits?

I'll give my final prediction on the class sometime tomorrow.

Commercecomet24
02-04-2019, 02:08 PM
ahhh gotcha. So you feel good about them now but anything can happen. Ok

Correct. There are no definites this recruiting season lol but we in good shape. Hopefully all the pieces fall into place

Commercecomet24
02-04-2019, 02:16 PM
Concerning Plumlee, I live in h?burg and one of my friends was with Plumlee and his family and friends a few days ago. He said Plumlee was not a very big kid at all, maybe 5?10?. Can anyone confirm this?

Yeah he maybe 5'11" maybe. The kid is a gamer, a competitor and hard worker, on the baseball and football field. Julian Edelman type.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
02-04-2019, 02:18 PM
Correct. There are no definites this recruiting season lol but we in good shape. Hopefully all the pieces fall into place

fingers crossed

Jack Lambert
02-04-2019, 02:23 PM
Yancy has been telling them they're in the game with Young but like CommerceComet and others have said, he's not going to OM. He's Bama bound.

They still listen to YancY?

Commercecomet24
02-04-2019, 02:23 PM
fingers crossed

Cross everything you got, brother!

Dawg-gone-dawgs
02-04-2019, 02:31 PM
Cross everything you got, brother!

hahahahaha!

ShotgunDawg
02-04-2019, 02:35 PM
They still listen to YancY?

It's amazing that they do.

HancockCountyDog
02-04-2019, 03:11 PM

They better be ready for an F then.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
02-04-2019, 03:20 PM

I can kind of see what they're saying. They need defensive players in a BADDDDDD way. With that being said by their own admission, it will be a failed class. I think they are finally starting to see that in order to be competitive you need to recruit a defense too.

Ifyouonlyknew
02-04-2019, 03:32 PM
I can kind of see what they're saying. They need defensive players in a BADDDDDD way. With that being said by their own admission, it will be a failed class. I think they are finally starting to see that in order to be competitive you need to recruit a defense too.

It's Yancy fault though. He pumped up the main reason Luke was hired because of this 2019 class & the relationship he had with all the kids. "Mississippi Made" & all. He set them up for disappointment by saying Luke would dominate this class.

Commercecomet24
02-04-2019, 03:39 PM
It's Yancy fault though. He pumped up the main reason Luke was hired because of this 2019 class & the relationship he had with all the kids. "Mississippi Made" & all. He set them up for disappointment by saying Luke would dominate this class.

Reckon when they gonna run Yancy out of town? lol

Dawg-gone-dawgs
02-04-2019, 03:41 PM

If they haven't by now, they never will.

Commercecomet24
02-04-2019, 03:43 PM
If they haven't by now, they never will.

Yep, sure shows the intelligence of that bunch doesn't it!

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
02-04-2019, 03:52 PM

Same shit, different year. Yancy lies, ole miss fans cry.

StarkVegasSteve
02-04-2019, 04:03 PM

Never. Most of their fan base still thinks its 2013 with Recruitapaloozas, 5 stars, and bagmen every weekend.

Cary Hudson's little bro
02-04-2019, 04:52 PM

Hell yeah...it's our first year of more out-of-staters than in-state guys. It will be close to even actually.

Also will sign 4-5 really good WR's

Rick Danko
02-04-2019, 06:22 PM
Tyler Hourka said on OOB this morning he was going to Charles Moore?s signing day announcement and it would not be to MS State. Is he correct or out of touch on this one?

ShotgunDawg
02-04-2019, 06:30 PM
Tyler Hourka said on OOB this morning he was going to Charles Moore?s signing day announcement and it would not be to MS State. Is he correct or out of touch on this one?

He's way out of touch. I heard it as well. Clueless

Pit Bull
02-04-2019, 06:40 PM

Yeah....that would be pretty incredible.

Rick Danko
02-04-2019, 06:41 PM
He's way out of touch. I heard it as well. Clueless

Kind of what I thought. Took me by surprise when I heard it, figured I?d ask.

MetEdDawg
02-04-2019, 06:55 PM

Question is why in the hell would he say that? Why would our beat writer say that publicly?

ShotgunDawg
02-04-2019, 07:07 PM
Question is why in the hell would he say that? Why would our beat writer say that publicly?

He's Horka. He's an idiot.

Outsiders don't get Mississippi recruiting. Mississippi recruiting takes experience. You have to learn what is meaningful and what is meaningless.

You have to learn to put together circumstantial evidence.

msbulldog
02-04-2019, 07:07 PM
Yep, sure shows the intelligence of that bunch doesn't it!

I go over and read the 247 Ole Miss Spirit recruiting board, my 247 MSU script allows me to do this. I'd estimate about 40 % of their posters have started calling fancy yancy out since he predicted Dean and Jones to Mississippi in December.

msbulldog
02-04-2019, 07:15 PM

He went to U of Texas. Queer or Steer?

msstate7
02-04-2019, 07:24 PM
He's Horka. He's an idiot.

Outsiders don't get Mississippi recruiting. Mississippi recruiting takes experience. You have to learn what is meaningful and what is meaningless.

You have to learn to put together circumstantial evidence.

So y'all convinced it isn't auburn?

Bothrops
02-04-2019, 07:28 PM
There's no telling what Charles Moore will do. We are 50% in the most favorable case going into Wednesday.

ShotgunDawg
02-04-2019, 07:39 PM
So y'all convinced it isn't auburn?

No but Horka doesn't know either.

He may very well choose Auburn, but nobody has that information. Horka was speaking on something he did not know.

msbulldog
02-04-2019, 07:55 PM
Charles Moore has been a Dawg for about 2 years (minus about 3 weeks). He has come to campus multiple weekends to help recruit. He has cheered for MSU his entire life. The most important thing is he reached out to us after his LSU visit! If you think he will be anything other than a Bulldawg, I don't know what to tell you!

ejdallas322
02-04-2019, 08:06 PM
Charles Moore has been a Dawg for about 2 years (minus about 3 weeks). He has come to campus multiple weekends to help recruit. He has cheered for MSU his entire life. The most important thing is he reached out to us after his LSU visit! If you think he will be anything other than a Bulldawg, I don't know what to tell you!
Amen to this!!