PDA

View Full Version : 2019 Recruiting Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32

Irondawg
12-20-2018, 09:57 AM
So now that it’s done how big of a loss do we really think Brooks was?

Scared_Hitless
12-20-2018, 09:59 AM
Honestly not a bad first full recruiting cycle for this staff. A lot of recruiting is building relationships over time, and sadly these guys have been on the job for 1 year. Seems like they hit the ground running. Wait till the current sophomores and juniors with 2 year cycles with JoMo start committing. We are going to keep improving on this front.

We are never going to be a top 5 recruiter, but say we raise our 4 year avg. to 15th over the next few years gonna be a fun time.

Doggie_Style
12-20-2018, 10:00 AM
So now that it’s done how big of a loss do we really think Brooks was?

We would have been excited to have him. How big our loss is will be determined by who we replace him with.

Doggie_Style
12-20-2018, 10:02 AM
Honestly not a bad first full recruiting cycle for this staff. A lot of recruiting is building relationships over time, and sadly these guys have been on the job for 1 year. Seems like they hit the ground running. Wait till the current sophomores and juniors with 2 year cycles with JoMo start committing. We are going to keep improving on this front.

We are never going to be a top 5 recruiter, but say we raise our 4 year avg. to 15th over the next few years gonna be a fun time.

It's not over yet. We can't render a final judgement until 48 days.

Ifyouonlyknew
12-20-2018, 10:06 AM

Maybe your best post in this thread.

Scared_Hitless
12-20-2018, 10:15 AM

Yeah and I still think we close strong. Pickering, Moore, Mingo, Young, Plumlee, and some fillers and I think the craze will calm for sure. I just feel this staff gets recruiting and will raise our overall profile. 26 to 15ish

Dan never sold MSU in my opinion and we recruited poorly because of that. JoMo is trying to shatter the glass ceiling. Will his coaching be good enough remains to be seen, but I like him not pegging us as inferior.

Hambone
12-20-2018, 10:18 AM
Yeah and I still think we close strong. Pickering, Moore, Mingo, Young, Plumlee, and some fillers and I think the craze will calm for sure. I just feel this staff gets recruiting and will raise our overall profile. 26 to 15ish

Dan never sold MSU in my opinion and we recruited poorly because of that. JoMo is trying to shatter the glass ceiling. Will his coaching be good enough remains to be seen, but I like him not pegging us as inferior.

If we close with those, then this class is top notch. Great class

msstate7
12-20-2018, 10:21 AM

That would be one hell of a finish, but quite unlikely imo

ShotgunDawg
12-20-2018, 10:29 AM
That would be one hell of a finish, but quite unlikely imo

Sure. I'm excited to see what Hughes can do. Particularly with Young. That part of the state is Hughes' honey hole

I don't know if we can beat out Bama for Young at the end of the day, but I do believe that Tony will know multiple people that have influence in the Young recruitment & make things interesting

Cooterpoot
12-20-2018, 10:35 AM
Young's not going to come here. He'll listen and visit but he's not staying in MS. I don't see that changing unless he gets caught up in a numbers game. You guys are setting yourselves up for disappointment if you believe otherwise.

KOdawg1
12-20-2018, 10:39 AM
Young's not going to come here. He'll listen and visit but he's not staying in MS. I don't see that changing unless he gets caught up in a numbers game. You guys are setting yourselves up for disappointment if you believe otherwise.
I don't see Mingo coming either. I think people are getting their hopes up for that one too

msstate7
12-20-2018, 10:40 AM
What's a realistic finish?

ShotgunDawg
12-20-2018, 10:46 AM

That's fine. We can hope

Cooterpoot
12-20-2018, 10:49 AM
I don't see Mingo coming either. I think people are getting their hopes up for that one too

I agree unless something crazy happens at OM.

StateDawg44
12-20-2018, 10:58 AM
That's fine. We can hope

And then you'll bitch as if it was a lock for some reason.

ShotgunDawg
12-20-2018, 11:03 AM
And then you'll bitch as if it was a lock for some reason.

Not sure if you realized, but I never bitched yesterday.

I bitch & complain in an effort to rally troops. Once what is done is done, I move on. Water under the bridge

Scared_Hitless
12-20-2018, 11:06 AM
Keep what we have and add Plumlee and try to find some CBs to fill vacated spots and I will be happy. Mingo would be a bonus and sign Ealy if he is willing MLB be damned.

MetEdDawg
12-20-2018, 11:10 AM

I bitch & complain in an effort to rally troops. Once what is done is done, I move on. Water under the bridge

What troops are you rallying? I've never personally been rallied by a bitching individual

Commercecomet24
12-20-2018, 11:32 AM
I don't want to jinx it but it looks like we have a shot with Byron Young. Some things have changed for him. My son spent some time with him Tuesday night.. He may have been right he's known Byron a long tine. See how it plays out. If we could get him wow!

Doggie_Style
12-20-2018, 11:40 AM
I don't want to jinx it but it looks like we have a shot with Byron Young. Some things have changed for him. My son spent some time with him Tuesday night.. He may have been right he's known Byron a long tine. See how it plays out. If we could get him wow!

Thanks Commerce.....that would be huge!

ShotgunDawg
12-20-2018, 11:43 AM

Would be huge & almost ensure us a bad ass DL for years to come.

Commercecomet24
12-20-2018, 11:44 AM
Thanks Commerce.....that would be huge!

Yes it would! I'm tempering my expectations but we are back in the game with him.

ShotgunDawg
12-20-2018, 11:47 AM
Yes it would! I'm tempering my expectations but we are back in the game with him.

I know you can't say much, but has his football situation changed, view of MSU, or is it just personal/family type stuff?

Cooterpoot
12-20-2018, 11:48 AM

Numbers game. Him not signing early with Bama may have opened things up a little and FL is too far. Or that's what someone I don't necessarily trust said. You got the inside, so I listen to your take on him. Hopefully it's good our way. I know he's got a relative that coaches that I talk to here and there, and he said it's still Bama but that was about two weeks ago. We pull him and I'ma have to drink for that occasion!

StateDawg44
12-20-2018, 11:48 AM

Well you just come across as whiny. Not motivational or whatever you believe it accomplishes.

You acted like a child who had his lollipop taken away upon hearing Brooks is looking to AR. Shit like that happens every single year. Your instant response was that AR must've paid him as if you had evidence and it was factual and then threw childish insults at the forum's lone AR fan while he was just stating a perfectly logical case. It's like you're a tattletale brat but with no one to actually tell it to.

You claimed you are "Completely embarrassed" at how yesterday ended. Rallying troops??? Ha, to do what? What are you expecting to happen from complaining on ED? Your schtick is old.

I'll give you credit with a long post later on about finding the positives though.

Commercecomet24
12-20-2018, 11:50 AM
Byron has always liked joe but the lure of playing out of state was something he really liked. Pickering, Jones, Cross, Russell, Moore and Jack Harris among others are working him hard about playing together. Our staff has never stopped working him either. Like I said I'm tempering my expectations right now but we have a shot. Just have to see how it plays out, and be hopeful.

Commercecomet24
12-20-2018, 11:54 AM
Numbers game. Him not signing early with Bama may have opened things up a little and FL is too far. Or that's what someone I don't necessarily trust said. You got the inside, so I listen to your take on him. Hopefully it's good our way. I know he's got a relative that coaches that I talk to here and there, and he said it's still Bama but that was about two weeks ago. We pull him and I'ma have to drink for that occasion!

Pretty accurate there. I'm not counting anything yet but we are closer with him than we have been.

KOdawg1
12-20-2018, 11:57 AM
Is Byron a DE or DT in college?

msu15
12-20-2018, 12:15 PM
Is Byron a DE or DT in college?

I would think DT. Byron's already at 285 and he's in decent shape.

msstate7
12-20-2018, 12:16 PM
I would think DT. Byron's already at 285 and he's in decent shape.

I'd guess it's according to who signs him. Bama probably de in 3-4. Probably dt in our 4-3

ShotgunDawg
12-20-2018, 12:19 PM
Well you just come across as whiny. Not motivational or whatever you believe it accomplishes.

You acted like a child who had his lollipop taken away upon hearing Brooks is looking to AR. Shit like that happens every single year. Your instant response was that AR must've paid him as if you had evidence and it was factual and then threw childish insults at the forum's lone AR fan while he was just stating a perfectly logical case. It's like you're a tattletale brat but with no one to actually tell it to.

You claimed you are "Completely embarrassed" at how yesterday ended. Rallying troops??? Ha, to do what? What are you expecting to happen from complaining on ED? Your schtick is old.

I'll give you credit with a long post later on about finding the positives though.

Fair enough. I get emotional in the moment, but can typically put forth a decent opinion late on.

ShotgunDawg
12-20-2018, 12:24 PM
I'd guess it's according to who signs him. Bama probably de in 3-4. Probably dt in our 4-3

FWIW, Bama signed 6 DL yesterday that are ranked 90 or higher 4 stars.

I think Young can & would certainly play at Bama, but for them he's just another piece, another guy that likely has to wait a few years to really see significant playing time.

At MSU, he, Pickering, Lovett, Crumedy, & maybe Moore can be the dudes on an awesome DL that will rival Bama's & he will likely play early.

Hopefully that is appealing to him.

msu15
12-20-2018, 12:35 PM

Yea I was talking about our scheme. He could definitely be a DE in a 3-4.

NCDawg
12-20-2018, 12:50 PM
Don't be surprised if Moore ends up elsewhere (issues!)

Would you care to elaborate? I thought he was just going to enjoy the process by taking other visits, and that he would most certainly sign with us in February. After all, he has been committed to us for over a year.

KOdawg1
12-20-2018, 01:11 PM
Collin Duncan is a CB from Montgomery. Rated 89 overall by 247. It shows we've offered him as well as Kentucky, USCe.

Is this a guy we can look at to replace Brooks? He's rated about the same and is taller than Brooks, but Brooks had slightly better offers. Of course, he's an out of state guy so there's that.

Cooterpoot
12-20-2018, 01:25 PM
Duncan looks a little like Taveze Calhoun to me. No idea, but him not signing tells me he's looking at a bigger offer, and I'm guessing that's us.

Doggie_Style
12-20-2018, 01:42 PM
Duncan looks a little like Taveze Calhoun to me. No idea, but him not signing tells me he's looking at a bigger offer, and I'm guessing that's us.

He has an offer from us and he looks like the next man up.....he's actually a little faster and quicker than Brooks

KOdawg1
12-20-2018, 01:45 PM
He has an offer from us and he looks like the next man up.....he's actually a little faster and quicker than Brooks

Then sign his ass up and hope that AU or Bama doesn't offer him

Dawg4Lyfe
12-20-2018, 01:46 PM
I lurk this site alot and never had anything to add but im seeing alot of misinformation posted so I had to sign up. Without giving too much information I'm very in the know when it comes to Charles and we are good there..So please kill that noise about his "issues".Very disrespectful to the kid. This is a good kid that is enjoying the process. Dont feed into his twitter. He's missing that "love" that some of our other recruits have been getting and he is looking for it. Going from a 5 star to a kid thats not talked about much in the class has to be eating a little bit at him. His upside is amazing and he is gonna be nasty for us. Has some motor issues but he is unblockable when he is inspired. He is the one that got this ball rolling in this class before others bought in. I know for a fact how much it meant to him that State stuck by his side after his injury and he wont forget that. He is a DOG period unless something drastically changes. But trust me more ppl see this message board than you would think. So i would advise against the character assassinations.

msbulldog
12-20-2018, 01:53 PM
I lurk this site alot and never had anything to add but im seeing alot of misinformation posted so I had to sign up. Without giving too much information I'm very in the know when it comes to Charles and we are good there..So please kill that noise about his "issues".Very disrespectful to the kid. This is a good kid that is enjoying the process. Dont feed into his twitter. He's missing that "love" that some of our other recruits have been getting and he is looking for it. Going from a 5 star to a kid thats not talked about much in the class has to be eating a little bit at him. His upside is amazing and he is gonna be nasty for us. Has some motor issues but he is unblockable when he is inspired. He is the one that got this ball rolling in this class before others bought in. I know for a fact how much it meant to him that State stuck by his side after his injury and he wont forget that. He is a DOG period unless something drastically changes. But trust me more ppl see this message board than you would think. So i would advise against the character assassinations.

Thank you, well said! Listen up people.

Bass Chaser
12-20-2018, 01:54 PM
^^It's not just this board talking about issues with Moore though.

Turfdawg67
12-20-2018, 01:59 PM
Would you care to elaborate? I thought he was just going to enjoy the process by taking other visits, and that he would most certainly sign with us in February. After all, he has been committed to us for over a year.

I think ppl get Moore & Russel mixed up. Russell was the one who some said might be an OM "flipmas" candidate. I was quite relieved when his signature came in. Moore has always been solid w/ us. Of course the Sharts missed on a bunch yesterday so there'll be extra "incentive" to make a splash.

KOdawg1
12-20-2018, 02:07 PM
I think ppl get Moore & Russel mixed up. Russell was the one who some said might be an OM "flipmas" candidate. I was quite relieved when his signature came in. Moore has always been solid w/ us. Of course the Sharts missed on a bunch yesterday so there'll be extra "incentive" to make a splash.

Yep they're going to come after Moore and Pickering hard. Pickering ain't going there so they're wasting time with him, but Moore might listen to them if they throw enough at him. I still think Moore sticks with us. He's right down the road from me, and I know some of his coaches and teammates, and they say he's just enjoying this process. Like one of the other posters said, he won't forget that we stuck with him through his injury. He's a 5 star talent, and will be next in line of the great DL to come through here. Simmons declaring early is also good from a recruiting standpoint as it shows we just put another guy in the NFL.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
12-20-2018, 02:09 PM

No ppl must be getting Pickering and Moore mixed up. Pickering is the solid one. Moore has been a slippery slope. I hope we get him but he has been throwing out mixed signals. Everyone says the typical company line " Oh he just likes attention let him enjoy the process" It is more to it than that.

Ifyouonlyknew
12-20-2018, 02:09 PM

& De'Monte was never flipping either. People were so concerned about Shay Hodge but didn't realize Otis Ridley & Tommy Kelly were his mentors.

ShotgunDawg
12-20-2018, 02:20 PM

Out standing post & I agree completely. However, I don't tweet recruits, so how can I show love?

msu15
12-20-2018, 02:25 PM
It is more to it than that.

No, no it isn't.

BuckyIsAB****
12-20-2018, 03:20 PM
I agree unless something crazy happens at OM.

Its going to be a signing day decision IMO. If they make the wrong OC hire he is coming to State 100 percent

BuckyIsAB****
12-20-2018, 03:28 PM

This sounds about like many saying we wouldnt get Rogers in 2020 because of his family. If you dont know what you're talking about, dont post it. This place would be a lot better with people not just popping off for message board ego. Kids and their families see it

Good post.

hailmari
12-20-2018, 03:37 PM
If the posters who are full of crap knew just how obvious it is that they’re talking out of their butts, they’d...well.. they’d probably still talk out of their butts.

Cooterpoot
12-20-2018, 03:43 PM
I really haven't seen people downing Moore. I know one State media person does but other than him, I haven't really seen it.

thf24
12-20-2018, 03:55 PM
If the posters who are full of crap knew just how obvious it is that they?re talking out of their butts, they?d...well.. they?d probably still talk out of their butts.

Judging by how heated and nasty some of those types get when they're called out, it seems like a case of repeating one's own bullshit so much that they start to actually believe it.

Dawg4Lyfe
12-20-2018, 04:04 PM
No ppl must be getting Pickering and Moore mixed up. Pickering is the solid one. Moore has been a slippery slope. I hope we get him but he has been throwing out mixed signals. Everyone says the typical company line " Oh he just likes attention let him enjoy the process" It is more to it than that.

Its really not more to it. If you've been to Louisville you will know why somebody would want to enjoy the process as much as they can and see the country lol.. I will admit that Auburn is not giving up though. But from Dennis Thames (who didnt pan out) to Dontae Jones to Charles..All the recent major talent there.. Its a good relationship in Louisville with State. And it needs to remain that way cause its more heat coming in the next 4 years. Pete being on this staff def is a plus also

Dawg-gone-dawgs
12-20-2018, 04:53 PM
No, no it isn't.

hahahahahahahaha

TUSK
12-20-2018, 05:23 PM
FWIW, Bama signed 6 DL yesterday that are ranked 90 or higher 4 stars.

I think Young can & would certainly play at Bama, but for them he's just another piece, another guy that likely has to wait a few years to really see significant playing time.

At MSU, he, Pickering, Lovett, Crumedy, & maybe Moore can be the dudes on an awesome DL that will rival Bama's & he will likely play early.

Hopefully that is appealing to him.

Those seem like contradictory statements...

Cowbell
12-20-2018, 05:36 PM

Tusk, I have to agree with you on this.... too obvious... lol

ShotgunDawg
12-20-2018, 07:28 PM

All the guys I listed are young. He would have a chance to potentially play as a freshman. That was my point.

ShotgunDawg
12-20-2018, 07:29 PM
Tusk, I have to agree with you on this.... too obvious... lol

?

TUSK
12-20-2018, 08:00 PM
All the guys I listed are young. He would have a chance to potentially play as a freshman. That was my point.

I can dig that... I just meant it seemed contradictory to say Young could play day 1 on an MSU D line that would rival a Bammer DL that he wouldn't be good enough to play on for a year or two... that's all....

bulldawg28
12-20-2018, 08:41 PM
I can dig that... I just meant it seemed contradictory to say Young could play day 1 on an MSU D line that would rival a Bammer DL that he wouldn't be good enough to play on for a year or two... that's all....

Nice compliment here. We should be called DL U. We produce productive All pro DL.

TUSK
12-20-2018, 09:00 PM
Nice compliment here. We should be called DL U. We produce productive All pro DL.

Y'all def have turned out a few good 'uns... no doubt...

ShotgunDawg
12-20-2018, 09:15 PM

Sorry, I mean they could grow into that type of line together

TUSK
12-20-2018, 09:37 PM
Sorry, I mean they could grow into that type of line together

ahhhhh, that makes sense, then... I misunderstood ya!

Bothrops
12-21-2018, 12:26 AM
Nathan Pickering, Charles Moore and Byron Young belong at MSU. Come represent your turf at the DL factory.

TUSK
12-21-2018, 12:51 AM
Come represent your turf at the DL factory.

We should be called DL U.

Easy there, Turbos.... Let's not get all cray cray:rolleyes:....

bulldawg28
12-21-2018, 06:16 AM
Easy there, Turbos.... Let's not get all cray cray:rolleyes:....

We've got two of the top 5 D tackles in n the NFL in Cox and Jones. Bama doesn't have anyone in the league producing like either of those guys. We're about to add two more elite guys in Sweat and Simmons. Bama produces NFL safeties. We produce DL

msstate7
12-21-2018, 07:32 AM
We've got two of the top 5 D tackles in n the NFL in Cox and Jones. Bama doesn't have anyone in the league producing like either of those guys. We're about to add two more elite guys in Sweat and Simmons. Bama produces NFL safeties. We produce DL

Since 2010, Bama has had 15 dlinemen drafted

bulldawg28
12-21-2018, 07:40 AM
Since 2010, Bama has had 15 dlinemen drafted

How many All Pro? How many have broken NFL records? How many are paid more than Fletcher Cox?

msstate7
12-21-2018, 07:58 AM
How many All Pro? How many have broken NFL records? How many are paid more than Fletcher Cox?

All pros since 2010: Bama 2 (Dareus both times), state 4 (cox all 4 times)

bulldawg28
12-21-2018, 08:41 AM
All pros since 2010: Bama 2 (Dareus both times), state 4 (cox all 4 times)

So which team is producing better NFL talent? We have the best corner in the NFL, 2nd best DT, Jones was a pro bowl snub, McKinney is one of the best in the game.

MetEdDawg
12-21-2018, 09:02 AM
So which team is producing better NFL talent? We have the best corner in the NFL, 2nd best DT, Jones was a pro bowl snub, McKinney is one of the best in the game.

Bama is. Don't forget Eddie Jackson, Marlin Humphrey, CJ Mosley, Ha Ha Clinton-Dix, Marcell Dareus, A'Shawn Robinson, Minkah Fitzpatrick, Landon Collins, Jonathan Allan, Rashaan Evans.

And that's just on defense. We have 3 of the elite players on the game. But all of that right there is Bama from the last 4 years and that's not even all the names of guys they have.

We are spitting out big time NFL talent. But let's not get in a pissing war with Bama fans about quality of NFL talent. They win every time because they have a lot more talent.

Don't get me wrong. I love Cox and Jones and Slay. They are big time and help MSU tremendously. But if you want MSU to be a big time player in college football, you would rather have more draft picks than more influential NFL players. You go to a kid and say hey we put Cox, Jones, and Slay in the pros. Bama walks in and says 80% of the guys that start on our defense get drafted. That's a damn tough thing to overcome boys b

bulldawg28
12-21-2018, 09:07 AM
Bama is. Don't forget Eddie Jackson, Marlin Humphrey, CJ Mosley, Ha Ha Clinton-Dix, Marcell Dareus, A'Shawn Robinson, Minkah Fitzpatrick, Landon Collins, Jonathan Allan, Rashaan Evans.

And that's just on defense. We have 3 of the elite players on the game. But all of that right there is Bama from the last 4 years and that's not even all the names of guys they have.

We are spitting out big time NFL talent. But let's not get in a pissing war with Bama fans about quality of NFL talent. They win every time because they have a lot more talent.

Don't get me wrong. I love Cox and Jones and Slay. They are big time and help MSU tremendously. But if you want MSU to be a big time player in college football, you would rather have more draft picks than more influential NFL players. You go to a kid and say hey we put Cox, Jones, and Slay in the pros. Bama walks in and says 80% of the guys that start on our defense get drafted. That's a damn tough thing to overcome boys b

Those are numbers that aren't producing with the exception of 4 players. I can rattle off NFL players from State too. However, our guys are some of the best. It's all in how you spin it. Kids know our stars in the NFL. Bama mainly recruits 5 star talent. Those kids are going to the NFL without any help.

Covercorner2
12-21-2018, 10:02 AM
Those are numbers that aren't producing with the exception of 4 players. I can rattle off NFL players from State too. However, our guys are some of the best. It's all in how you spin it. Kids know our stars in the NFL. Bama mainly recruits 5 star talent. Those kids are going to the NFL without any help.

State has better elite front 7 defense talent in the NFL than Bama right now.

State:

- Cox
- Jones
- Smith
- Mckinney
- Wright
- Autry
- McPhee

Bama:

- Evans
- Allen
- Mosley
- Robinson
- Allen
- Dareus
- Reed
- Payne
- Hightower

Bama has some more guys (quantity), but I don't think any of those guys are on Cox, Jones, Mckinney, Autry level right now. State has more pro bowlers and a guy named Chris Jones.

MetEdDawg
12-21-2018, 10:04 AM

If that's true we should never lose in state 4 stars to Bama. But we do. The lure and prestige of Bama started by Saban. What did he do? He recruited better. Then he put all those guys in the NFL, which led to better recruiting, more NFL, and so on it goes.

Like I said. I would rather have 10 draft picks per year where 5 turned into solid pros than have three or four per year where one becomes a superstar. Kids want to get to the NFL and right now we aren't doing that at a high enough rate. We will this year. But we have to continue to follow that up with 5-8guys per year getting drafted.

Bdawg
12-21-2018, 10:16 AM
This is the recruiting page right?

Gutter Cobreh
12-21-2018, 10:36 AM

As you guys are comparing past MSU players to Bama players, it would only make sense if you're talking about kids Baker has coached here. Bama has seen so much turnover within position coaches, it doesn't matter unless you go up to Saban. He's been the only constant, but not sure how much he actually coaches one position group over another. With coaching turnover these days, you can't correlate one school over another. It all comes down to the player and that particular position coach at the time.

Apologies for having an off recruiting reply to player comparison sidebar within this thread.

GeorgeKaplan
12-21-2018, 10:47 AM

Yep. The recruiting page for Alabama.

dawgday166
12-21-2018, 10:47 AM

LOL ... you can't discuss this with Tusk ... his Crimson glasses are too strong. The thing is MSU usually has 3 maybe 4 NFL players on their D roster at a time (with this year probably being an exception with higher numbers). Bama has more NFL or very close to that talent every year. So if you try to contain one upper tier Bama player, the others eat your lunch cause the offenses they're playing don't have 5 future NFL players on them.

Take Quinnen Williams. He has busted out lately cause he is singled up all the time. Teams are worried about Davis & Buggs or Mack Wilson. All three (4 with Mack Wilson) are probably NFL talent. Williams is very good and made better cause of Bama's overall D. On the flip side, while our D is good all over, it is made better cause Simmons gets doubled on every down. He's the focal point up front for other teams. As Baker said (and he coached in the NFL for a long time) ... Simmons is one of the most powerful Dlinemen he's ever seen on any level. You double team Williams as we did a few times and he goes nowhere. You single him up and his speed comes into play. But Simmons just as fast and more powerful. Simmons is quite often still beating the double teams. I'd take Simmons over any Dlineman in the draft.

Rayburn8
12-21-2018, 11:25 AM
State has better elite front 7 defense talent in the NFL than Bama right now.

State:

- Cox
- Jones
- Smith
- Mckinney
- Wright
- Autry
- McPhee

Bama:

- Evans
- Allen
- Mosley
- Robinson
- Allen
- Dareus
- Reed
- Payne
- Hightower

Bama has some more guys (quanitity), but I don't think any of those guys are on Cox, Jones, Mckinney, Autry level right now. State has more pro bowlers and a guy named Chris Jones.

You?re maroon colored glasses are showing. I would take Evan, Hightower and Mosely over McKinney and Autry. Love MSU but when it comes to talent in the NFL, we lose to Bama everytime.

Evans is just a rookie but he is a hell of a player. Mosley has always been good. We have beetter stars but their sheer quantity of talent in the NFL is better.

You conveniently left off Ha Ha Clinton-Dix who is better than everyone on that list but Cox, Slay and Jones. The only spot comparable to Bama for us is Dline. Where we produce less players but enough and their better to make up for their quantity.

At DB and LB Bama just straight up has more and better players outside of Slay. The college football nerds did an NFL talent breakdown by school. We were eighth in Dline (Bama was No. 1 as they were for DB, they were fifth for linebacker.)

We were 18th at linebacker and 85th at DB.

This was a strictly analytical breakdown so don?t cry bias.

dawgday166
12-21-2018, 11:35 AM
You?re maroon colored glasses are showing. I would take Evan, Hightower and Mosely over McKinney and Autry. Love MSU but when it comes to talent in the NFL, we lose to Bama everytime.

Evans is just a rookie but he is a hell of a player. Mosley has always been good. We have beetter stars but their sheer quantity of talent in the NFL is better.

You conveniently left off Ha Ha Clinton-Dix who is better than everyone on that list but Cox, Slay and Jones. The only spot comparable to Bama for us is Dline. Where we produce less players but enough and their better to make up for their quantity.

At DB and LB Bama just straight up has more and better players outside of Slay. The college football nerds did an NFL talent breakdown by school. We were eighth in Dline (Bama was No. 1 as they were for DB, they were fifth for linebacker.)

Overall I agree with you on LBs and DBs. Outside of Slay & McKinney we don't have near as much in league on the backend.

TUSK
12-21-2018, 11:37 AM
LOL ... you can't discuss this with Tusk ... his Crimson glasses are too strong. The thing is MSU usually has 3 maybe 4 NFL players on their D roster at a time (with this year probably being an exception with higher numbers). Bama has more NFL or very close to that talent every year. So if you try to contain one upper tier Bama player, the others eat your lunch cause the offenses they're playing don't have 5 future NFL players on them.

Take Quinnen Williams. He has busted out lately cause he is singled up all the time. Teams are worried about Davis & Buggs or Mack Wilson. All three (4 with Mack Wilson) are probably NFL talent. Williams is very good and made better cause of Bama's overall D. On the flip side, while our D is good all over, it is made better cause Simmons gets doubled on every down. He's the focal point up front for other teams. As Baker said (and he coached in the NFL for a long time) ... Simmons is one of the most powerful Dlinemen he's ever seen on any level. You double team Williams as we did a few times and he goes nowhere. You single him up and his speed comes into play. But Simmons just as fast and more powerful. Simmons is quite often still beating the double teams. I'd take Simmons over any Dlineman in the draft.

Stopped reading there as this is patently false... For example, watch the LSU game... He literally had two OL trying to tackle him that game and he still dominated... Simmons is Great, NO QUESTION... And he may end up a NFL HOF player, but he's not the only great DL out there... he's among the top ~10 this year...

If y'all wanna continue to argue this silliness, somebody start another thread.... I didn't think it'd go off the rails this bad...

dawgday166
12-21-2018, 11:54 AM
Stopped reading there as this is patently false... For example, watch the LSU game... He literally had two OL trying to tackle him that game and he still dominated... Simmons is Great, NO QUESTION... And he may end up a NFL HOF player, but he's not the only great DL out there... he's among the top ~10 this year...

If y'all wanna continue to argue this silliness, somebody start another thread.... I didn't think it'd go off the rails this bad...

Thanks for giving an MSU guy some credit ... top 10 eh?? I'm sure Williams is #1 and Jeff probably 9 or 10. We are very honored by the recognition * Bama and everyone that plays for them are the greatest ever ** Everything about their program is ethical and above board **

I'm glad you're over here making sure we don't lose sight of all that.

LC Dawg
12-21-2018, 03:42 PM

Recruiting/Bama circle jerk

Covercorner2
12-21-2018, 04:06 PM

How about you re-read my post, buddy. Pay attention to the words "elite," "front 7," "quantity," and "pro bowlers."

msu15
12-21-2018, 04:21 PM
Man this thread needs an enema

Cary Hudson's little bro
12-21-2018, 04:24 PM
give it a rest fellas...people respond to posts like this on the main page. Take it there. Any news on Justin Fields, anyone?

Dawg-gone-dawgs
12-21-2018, 05:15 PM
give it a rest fellas...people respond to posts like this on the main page. Take it there. Any news on Justin Fields, anyone?https://media.giphy.com/media/F9DzQnxx6ZZNm/giphy.gif

Bothrops
12-21-2018, 05:16 PM
Bama has stockpiled the best talent at every position. Bama fans are gonna arbitrarily claim Bama is DL U, QB U, RB U, LB U, WR U..etc. Hell Tulane would be DL U if they had that many UA All Americans.

BuckyIsAB****
12-21-2018, 05:18 PM
Havent seen his name mentioned in a while on here and maybe theres a reason why but are we in the game for Bamidele Olaseni or is he Auburn all the way

msstate7
12-21-2018, 05:56 PM
Article about Pickering on AL.com...

https://www.al.com/sports/2018/12/could-alabama-clip-4-star-mississippi-state-d-lineman-commit.html

Gotta love this quote...

"Honestly, I tell this to every reporter, if there's a school that has a chance to flip me, it'd be Alabama," Pickering said after playing in Monday's Alabama-Mississippi All-Star Classic in Montgomery.

Ifyouonlyknew
12-21-2018, 06:11 PM
Article about Pickering on AL.com...

https://www.al.com/sports/2018/12/could-alabama-clip-4-star-mississippi-state-d-lineman-commit.html

Gotta love this quote...

"Honestly, I tell this to every reporter, if there's a school that has a chance to flip me, it'd be Alabama," Pickering said after playing in Monday's Alabama-Mississippi All-Star Classic in Montgomery.

If there was a women who I'd cheat on my wife with it would be Beyonc

msstate7
12-21-2018, 06:14 PM

Beyonce calling you and wanting you to come see her?

Ari Gold
12-21-2018, 06:59 PM
I expect either Fields or Hurst to end up at Oklahoma.

Ifyouonlyknew
12-21-2018, 07:43 PM
Beyonce calling you and wanting you to come see her?

A few years back yep

msstate7
12-21-2018, 07:47 PM
A few years back yep

Stay strong my man

Haha

BeardoMSU
12-21-2018, 08:14 PM

Would you consider Fields a pipe dream for us?

maroonmania
12-21-2018, 08:23 PM

Point is State should be producing way less NFL talent than Bama simply because we are signing WAY less top end HS talent than Bama. Given what MSU is producing relative to the recruit ranking we sign is incredible.

vv83
12-21-2018, 08:32 PM
Point is State should be producing way less NFL talent than Bama simply because we are signing WAY less top end HS talent than Bama. Given what MSU is producing relative to the recruit ranking we sign is incredible.

no were done with this

bulldawg28
12-21-2018, 08:46 PM
Why didn't Brandon Cunningham sign early?

HoopsDawg
12-21-2018, 09:00 PM

Fields to Ohio State, Hurts to Ms State. I seen it.

FriarsPoint
12-22-2018, 01:13 AM

She got a creole mama. She’ll put a root on yo ass.

msbulldog
12-22-2018, 05:46 AM
Why didn't Brandon Cunningham sign early?

MSU is monitoring Brandon's grades to make sure he qualifies. Everything I have read indicates he is working hard and making good progress. Look for him to sign in February.

bulldawg28
12-22-2018, 08:15 AM
MSU is monitoring Brandon's grades to make sure he qualifies. Everything I have read indicates he is working hard and making good progress. Look for him to sign in February.

Gotcha, thanks.

chef dixon
12-24-2018, 10:42 AM
Oregon and Nebraska swooping in and offering the CBs left on the board. This is probably the trend we are going to start seeing with the early signing period. Going to be important for squads like MSU to lock them down early.

Ifyouonlyknew
12-24-2018, 11:14 AM
Oregon and Nebraska swooping in and offering the CBs left on the board. This is probably the trend we are going to start seeing with the early signing period. Going to be important for squads like MSU to lock them down early.

Against powerhouses yep but I'm not worried about Oregon & Nebraska for our guys.

msstate7
12-24-2018, 11:20 AM
Against powerhouses yep but I'm not worried about Oregon & Nebraska for our guys.

Not a powerhouse, but Oregon is recruiting like one

Ifyouonlyknew
12-24-2018, 11:44 AM
Not a powerhouse, but Oregon is recruiting like one

No doubt. I'm not worried about Oregon with our recruits.

KOdawg1
12-24-2018, 11:56 AM
Still think we need to get Collin Duncan in the boat, especially if it's so apparent James is gone. Hopefully, we can salvage the CB class by keeping Emerson. I really like his size.

Cooterpoot
12-24-2018, 12:28 PM
Duncan is a safety.

MetEdDawg
12-24-2018, 01:04 PM
Duncan is a safety.

You sure about that? He's listed as a CB on 24/7 and played CB in high school. Unless the staff is looking at a position change for him

Ifyouonlyknew
12-24-2018, 02:24 PM
You sure about that? He's listed as a CB on 24/7 and played CB in high school. Unless the staff is looking at a position change for him

The staff is recruiting him as a nickel/safety. With Jarrian coming in as a CB it still works.

Cary Hudson's little bro
12-26-2018, 07:01 PM
What yall hearing on Michael Lockhart? Underrated DL that visited

Ifyouonlyknew
12-26-2018, 07:27 PM
What yall hearing on Michael Lockhart? Underrated DL that visited

He's scheduled to OV in January he hasn't visited yet. He looks to be a backup plan for Young & Moore but he has interesting upside. He's starting to blow up 5 P5 Offers the last week. This was his 1st year playing football. Also a teammate of Commit Brevyn Jones so that can't hurt.

GreenheadDawg
12-26-2018, 07:47 PM
He's scheduled to OV in January he hasn't visited yet. He looks to be a backup plan for Young & Moore but he has interesting upside. He's starting to blow up 5 P5 Offers the last week. This was his 1st year playing football. Also a teammate of Commit Brevyn Jones so that can't hurt.

That’s a bad sign if the coaches are setting up back up plans.

msstate7
12-26-2018, 07:50 PM
That?s a bad sign if the coaches are setting up back up plans.

I'm considered more pessimistic than most here, and I don't think that's a bad sign. It's a smart sign imo... you don't wanna be left at the altar with no options right at the end. Oh and who knows, maybe this kid turns out to be a take no matter what

Cooterpoot
12-26-2018, 07:51 PM
Nobody expects to get Young. Just hoping.

Ifyouonlyknew
12-26-2018, 08:36 PM
Nobody expects to get Young. Just hoping.

I wouldn't say nobody

Ifyouonlyknew
12-26-2018, 08:37 PM

Not sure if serious. Who wouldn't want backup plans? How is that a bad thing?

sscjr1
12-26-2018, 09:42 PM
I wouldn't say nobody
So you?re saying there are some that do expect to get Young?

Goldendawg
12-27-2018, 12:13 AM
So you?re saying there are some that do expect to get Young?

I don't know how many bama can sign, but according to 24/7, they have 23 signees and 3 hard commits of which one is Young. I'm sure they would not be shy to process b4 Feb. to get want who they want.

KOdawg1
12-27-2018, 12:15 AM
I don't know how many bama can sign, but according to 24/7, they have 23 signees and 3 hard commits of which one is Young. I'm sure they would not be shy to process b4 Feb. to get want who they want.
I doubt they process Young. They're gonna want him

Goldendawg
12-27-2018, 12:46 AM
I doubt they process Young. They're gonna want him

I was implying that they would process those already on the roster to sign Young and the other two commits, plus anyone else they want and can get in Feb.

KOdawg1
12-27-2018, 04:20 AM
I was implying that they would process those already on the roster to sign Young and the other two commits, plus anyone else they want and can get in Feb.

Gotcha. My bad

MetEdDawg
12-27-2018, 07:58 AM

How many players have we "processed" over the last decade to make room for recruits?

BhamDawg205
12-27-2018, 08:52 AM
How many players have we "processed" over the last decade to make room for recruits?

He was talking about Bama, not State

CadaverDawg
12-27-2018, 10:26 AM

Wut? It would be a bad sign if they weren't.

Johnson85
12-27-2018, 11:08 AM
Not sure if serious. Who wouldn't want backup plans? How is that a bad thing?

No, you gotta show recruits you're fully committed and that if they don't sign, you'll be stuck trying to poach a a G5 school recruit that you've never even talked to on the eve before signing day. Otherwise they'll think you don't really love them and go somewhere else.**

GreenheadDawg
12-27-2018, 11:59 AM
Wut? It would be a bad sign if they weren't.

Or they see them flaking on their commitment and now are scrambling to find plan b or c

Ifyouonlyknew
12-27-2018, 12:16 PM
Or they see them flaking on their commitment and now are scrambling to find plan b or c

This staff hasn't done a lot of scrambling. They seem to be pretty organized with their recruiting efforts. Also every staff has Plan B or C guys. If they don't they won't be a staff long.

GreenheadDawg
12-27-2018, 12:48 PM
This staff hasn't done a lot of scrambling. They seem to be pretty organized with their recruiting efforts. Also every staff has Plan B or C guys. If they don't they won't be a staff long.

That’s good to know. Guess I’m just used to the previous country club

Commercecomet24
12-27-2018, 12:54 PM
That’s good to know. Guess I’m just used to the previous country club

I don't have as much info as some, but seeing some things first hand with this staff, I can tell you it's not even close to what was being done in the past.

Dawgology
12-27-2018, 01:17 PM

When we process athletes the Clarion Ledger writes stories about how we are terrible people. Wish we had a state newspaper that propped up MSU instead of always tearing them down. It's that self-destructive Mississippi mentatility.

Lord McBuckethead
12-27-2018, 04:58 PM
Yeah, its kind of bullshit when the CL makes a huge deal out of it. Every team does it. Coaches have to bring in the best talent they can. Their livelihood literally depends on it. I hate it as much as the next guy, but if we can give a so and so player a heads up and let them find another team, and pick up a better player that will let us compete against Bama, then so be it.

TUSK
12-27-2018, 05:01 PM
When we process athletes the Clarion Ledger writes stories about how we are terrible people. Wish we had a state newspaper that propped up MSU instead of always tearing them down. It's that self-destructive Mississippi mentatility.

Not just the CL... lots of folks were bashing "processing" a ways back...

But you're right, you'd think an in-state paper wouldn't behave that way....

maroonmania
12-27-2018, 06:26 PM
Not just the CL... lots of folks were bashing "processing" a ways back...

But you're right, you'd think an in-state paper wouldn't behave that way....

The CL is and has been run by people who are mainly interested in OM being successful and MSU being unsuccessful. Its never a surprise when they put MSU in a bad light and OM in a good light. The real surprise is when they do anything different than that. I'll celebrate the day that trash paper goes out of business. I'm at least glad there are many other ways for people in MS to get their sports information today than back in the past so they don't have the influence they once did.

Bully13
12-27-2018, 08:19 PM
The CL is and has been run by people who are mainly interested in OM being successful and MSU being unsuccessful. Its never a surprise when they put MSU in a bad light and OM in a good light. The real surprise is when they do anything different than that. I'll celebrate the day that trash paper goes out of business. I'm at least glad there are many other ways for people in MS to get their sports information today than back in the past so they don't have the influence they once did.

And that's a wrap. Good post.

BuckyIsAB****
12-31-2018, 04:37 PM
Mingo wont be going to OM. Hiring Rich Rod was about the best thing that they could do for us.

Getting Fields will help a lot (not sure if we do) but if I had to bet right now Mingo is coming to State

msbulldog
12-31-2018, 04:41 PM
I hope your'e right Bucky.

BuckyIsAB****
12-31-2018, 05:03 PM
I hope your'e right Bucky.

Trust me

msstate7
12-31-2018, 05:09 PM
Trust me

Where else is he visiting?

Doggie_Style
12-31-2018, 08:04 PM
Where else is he visiting?

Florida State besides us and OM

Bothrops
12-31-2018, 08:09 PM
Florida State besides us and OM

So he's ours for the taking?

Bass Chaser
01-02-2019, 10:53 AM
Does Cross need a RS year?

Ifyouonlyknew
01-02-2019, 11:07 AM
Does Cross need a RS year?

He's only 275lbs so I'd say yes.

Scared_Hitless
01-02-2019, 11:10 AM

Possible if we get a target list and your opinion on likelihood. Not even sure who we are chasing at this point.

KOdawg1
01-02-2019, 11:36 AM
Yesterday further proved that we desperately need WRs. Joe needs to tell Mingo that he will start from day 1. Tell him he can have whatever number he wants. Idc get him on campus because our WRs are the worst I've ever seen at MSU

maroonmania
01-02-2019, 12:03 PM
Yesterday further proved that we desperately need WRs. Joe needs to tell Mingo that he will start from day 1. Tell him he can have whatever number he wants. Idc get him on campus because our WRs are the worst I've ever seen at MSU

Pretty bad when you are having to use you backup QB as a WR on certain plays. KT had one of our many dropped passes yesterday on a huge play inside the Iowa 10.

NCDawg
01-02-2019, 12:56 PM
Pretty bad when you are having to use you backup QB as a WR on certain plays. KT had one of our many dropped passes yesterday on a huge play inside the Iowa 10.

But on the bright side, if there is a bright side after yesterday's game, Mitchell made 2 great catches. One was brought back after the referee called holding, and another where he jumped high and made a great catch on the sidelines. Of course Mitchell had the drop against Florida which may have cost us the game, but he seems to have developed into our most reliable receiver.

Ifyouonlyknew
01-02-2019, 01:27 PM

I'm recanting this statement. I forgot he was coming this month. He'll be 290 by the end of spring & 295-300lbs by August. Yes he has a chance.

MetEdDawg
01-02-2019, 02:17 PM
I'm recanting this statement. I forgot he was coming this month. He'll be 290 by the end of spring & 295-300lbs by August. Yes he has a chance.

He's possibly going to be a 5 star by the time this recruiting cycle is done. I'm not sure how he wouldn't get playing time if he's a physical and good as everyone has said he is right now.

BuckyIsAB****
01-02-2019, 02:36 PM
He's possibly going to be a 5 star by the time this recruiting cycle is done. I'm not sure how he wouldn't get playing time if he's a physical and good as everyone has said he is right now.

He was the best OL at the MS/AL game. He might end up the top ranked player in the state by Feb

Ifyouonlyknew
01-02-2019, 02:37 PM
He was the best OL at the MS/AL game. He might end up the top ranked player in the state by Feb

He probably should be #1

MetEdDawg
01-02-2019, 02:47 PM
He probably should be #1

Folks were talking about him elevating to Top 50. He's been putting on a show this winter. Videos of him on twitter dominating at the UA game practices are really really impressive.

It is insane to see what an elite OL looks like compared to a project OL. It's just insane.

Covercorner2
01-02-2019, 02:52 PM
He probably should be #1

And I haven't seen anything about Dean coming out of the UA AA game.

My top 10 in MS (that will actually play football):

Cross
Pickering
Young
Dean
Moore
Jarrian Jones
Turnage
Russell
Mingo
Jackson

Ifyouonlyknew
01-02-2019, 03:37 PM
And I haven't seen anything about Dean coming out of the UA AA game.

My top 10 in MS (that will actually play football):

Cross
Pickering
Young
Dean
Moore
Jarrian Jones
Turnage
Russell
Mingo
Jackson

I'd go

1. Cross
2. Pickering
3. Dean
4. Young
5. Jackson
6. Jones
7. Moore
8. Turnage
9. Mingo
10. Russell

Cooterpoot
01-02-2019, 03:50 PM
Just for fun:

1. Cross
2. Pickering
3. Young
4. Jones
5. Dean (I'm not as big on him due to size)
6. Turnage (had pretty good AA practices)
7. Moore
8. Mingo
9. Cunningham
10. Russell/Jackson

MetEdDawg
01-02-2019, 05:02 PM
Another tweet from Bart Simmons about 45 minutes ago. Video that shows Cross easily handling Drake Jackson, a 93 composite DE that's signed with USC in a QB dummy drill.

18 hours ago Robbie Faulk tweeted out that he wouldn't be surprised if 24/7 jumped out in front of everyone and gave Cross his 5th star.

Another tweet yesterday of him going up against DeMarvin Leal, a TAMU commit that is a 5 star 98.5 composite. Stifled him on a bull rush. Leal drove him a little but it took him 4 seconds to get to the dummy. Cross is gonna be Top 50 by the time we are done, maybe higher.

Scared_Hitless
01-02-2019, 05:07 PM
Cross is a stud getting him in the boat was huge he may anchor this O-Line for 4 years. Gotta get some WRs we have the Line and QB lined up. RB is tbd currently.

dawgman15
01-02-2019, 05:08 PM
Havent seen much talk on here but what are the chances we lose Charles Moore, apparently his mother is pushing him to leave MS

BeardoMSU
01-02-2019, 05:30 PM
Another tweet from Bart Simmons about 45 minutes ago. Video that shows Cross easily handling Drake Jackson, a 93 composite DE that's signed with USC in a QB dummy drill.

18 hours ago Robbie Faulk tweeted out that he wouldn't be surprised if 24/7 jumped out in front of everyone and gave Cross his 5th star.

Another tweet yesterday of him going up against DeMarvin Leal, a TAMU commit that is a 5 star 98.5 composite. Stifled him on a bull rush. Leal drove him a little but it took him 4 seconds to get to the dummy. Cross is gonna be Top 50 by the time we are done, maybe higher.

Wow...thank the heavens he signed early. Love it.

Hambone
01-02-2019, 05:38 PM
Moore is much closer to leaving than people think/want to admit.

Goldendawg
01-02-2019, 06:27 PM

According to 24/7 free articles, both he and Pickering have blown up at their positions at the practices. I assume other schools will continue to try to flip Pickering. Ari, IYOK, and others in the know, how are we with our remaining unsigned commits and any new targets. Thanks.

TALL DAWG
01-02-2019, 07:43 PM
Havent seen much talk on here but what are the chances we lose Charles Moore, apparently his mother is pushing him to leave MS

Well, his mom needs a little history lesson on who all we have playing in NFL right now making millions on the DL with 2 more headed to millionaire status in the June draft also.
No need for Sir Charles to go anywhere other than MSU. Will be the shortest drive of all for his mom and relatives to come watch him play also.

AlSwearengen
01-02-2019, 07:49 PM
Where out of state would Moore go?

Coursesuper
01-02-2019, 07:58 PM
Where out of state would Moore go?

TN

msstate7
01-02-2019, 08:02 PM
TN

That would be a gut punch. Tenn got us for carvin last season.

Ifyouonlyknew
01-02-2019, 08:05 PM
TN

Auburn is the threat. TN has fell back on him some. I'm sure after a good week they'll pick it back up but Auburn is the bigger threat.

maroonmania
01-02-2019, 08:08 PM
That would be a gut punch. Tenn got us for carvin last season.

Yea, but Carvin was a Memphis player right? Can't believe a Mom would be pushing her son to go way off from home to play his college career out of State for what is currently a worse program unless there is behind the scenes stuff going on. Besides that, success of MS players who go to out of state SEC programs has been much more miss than hit recently.

KOdawg1
01-02-2019, 09:07 PM
Auburn is the threat. TN has fell back on him some. I'm sure after a good week they'll pick it back up but Auburn is the bigger threat.

It would suck to lose 2 top defensive players from MS to Auburn. Handy would make 3 but I don't think he was ever considering coming here.

ShotgunDawg
01-02-2019, 10:12 PM
Gotta keep Moore.

Odd recruitment though. For such a big time rankings, non of our commits appear to talk to him or know him.

Commercecomet24
01-02-2019, 10:24 PM
Gotta keep Moore.

Odd recruitment though. For such a big time rankings, non of our commits appear to talk to him or know him.

No he's tight with Pickering, Jarrian, Cross, etc.

msstate7
01-02-2019, 10:25 PM
We've discussed Pickering and Moore, but what's up with Cunningham, Payton, walker, Washington, James, and Emerson? How many are we likely to sign?

Todd4State
01-02-2019, 10:30 PM
We've discussed Pickering and Moore, but what's up with Cunningham, Payton, walker, Washington, James, and Emerson? How many are we likely to sign?

I'm guessing that we keep Cunningham and Walker but the others are up in the air. If I'm Joe I go ahead and hit the JUCO market for a QB and a DT.

Homedawg
01-02-2019, 10:58 PM
Cunningham is fine. It's his grades that are the problem. A LoNG way to go.

Cooterpoot
01-02-2019, 11:07 PM
Emerson likely to Miami but his position coach was fired, so who knows. Washington ain?t getting that FSU offer. Doubt we sign Payton but have to fill that spot. Walker had to wait to sign. Cunningham wait on grades. James is gone.

Bothrops
01-03-2019, 01:13 AM
Moore to Auburn, James to Auburn, Emerson to Mannymiami and Cunningham to juco. Wonderful.

Hambone
01-03-2019, 08:00 AM
Cunningham has a legitimate chance to make it, but will be an August enrollee at best.

msu15
01-03-2019, 08:42 AM
Moore to Auburn, James to Auburn, Emerson to Mannymiami and Cunningham to juco. Wonderful.

Sure man

msstate7
01-03-2019, 08:44 AM
Sure man

What's your prediction on those 4?

ShotgunDawg
01-03-2019, 09:28 AM
Emerson likely to Miami but his position coach was fired, so who knows. Washington ain?t getting that FSU offer. Doubt we sign Payton but have to fill that spot. Walker had to wait to sign. Cunningham wait on grades. James is gone.

This is a pretty glass half empty & worst case scenario. Not likley

Cooterpoot
01-03-2019, 09:37 AM
This is a pretty glass half empty & worst case scenario. Not likley

No it's not. Payton needed to get in in Dec and didn't. He's burned bridges lying to the staff. And to be honest, Payton isn't worth the drama. Emerson loves Diaz and has been leaning Miami for some time, just have to see what the changes bring. It's 50/50 at best. Washington doesn't have the offer he wants. He's coming to State unless he gets it. Cunningham is being monitored for grades. They've improved but he's got to finish up strong.

Scared_Hitless
01-03-2019, 10:19 AM
This is why I don't follow recruiting to closely, so much drama every week for kids that you have no idea will pan out. Need to reduce the limit on schollies hard cap of 25 per year that is still not even enforced correctly isn't working.

KOdawg1
01-03-2019, 10:21 AM
What makes me feel better about Moore is he's already officially visited Auburn and Tennessee, and we'll get the last OV when he comes the first weekend in February. So if he's wavering at all, we'll get the last chance to reel him back in.

BrunswickDawg
01-03-2019, 11:40 AM
What makes me feel better about Moore is he's already officially visited Auburn and Tennessee, and we'll get the last OV when he comes the first weekend in February. So if he's wavering at all, we'll get the last chance to reel him back in.

Just got call from an FSU friend of mine who pretty dialed in. They are claiming Moore is a done deal to FSU. What are y'all hearing?

Cooterpoot
01-03-2019, 11:42 AM
Just got call from an FSU friend of mine who pretty dialed in. They are claiming Moore is a done deal to FSU. What are y'all hearing?

TN and AU said the same thing. I think he signs with State.

ShotgunDawg
01-03-2019, 12:04 PM

Idiots

dawgman15
01-03-2019, 12:05 PM

What I have heard from not the most reliable sources is that tennessee is the biggest threat because he has family there.

Hambone
01-03-2019, 12:13 PM
The fact that it’s literally all over the place with Moore tells me that no one, maybe Moore included, knows where he is going.

msstate7
01-03-2019, 12:16 PM
The fact that it’s literally all over the place with Moore tells me that no one, maybe Moore included, knows where he is going.

It always says he isn't just real happy with his current commitment

Cooterpoot
01-03-2019, 12:18 PM
Moore is doing the same thing Pickering is doing- He's taking visits. He's never decommitted and he's helped recruit (maybe not as much as a couple but still).

Ifyouonlyknew
01-03-2019, 12:20 PM

Ehh maybe. For the last 9-10 months every school Charles has visited he's made them feel like he's flipping to them. 1st it was LSU, then it was Bama, then TN, then Auburn, now FSU. All the while he's never de-committed & he's constantly on campus. I'll get concerned if he ever de-commits. If he doesn't de-commit & he's shows up committed on his OV to MSU I won't be worried.

KOdawg1
01-03-2019, 12:25 PM
I literally have no inside info and never claim to, but I just have a feeling we hold onto Moore. He's right down the road in Louisville, and he's a guy we should get 9 times out of 10. People thinking he ends up at FSU just proves that he's telling everyone that's recruiting him what they want to hear. I don't believe he's even stepped foot on FSU's campus, so it's highly unlikely. IF he goes somewhere else, it'll be in the SEC

Scared_Hitless
01-03-2019, 12:29 PM
The D-Line class we have committed/signed is very impressive. Got High Upside players and a 4 star minimum for every position.

Irondawg
01-03-2019, 02:20 PM
Hopefully our committed guys at the AA game and Pickering have bonded well with Moore.

Goldendawg
01-03-2019, 03:01 PM
Hopefully, the remaining commits become signees in Feb.

Commercecomet24
01-03-2019, 03:13 PM
Moore is doing the same thing Pickering is doing- He's taking visits. He's never decommitted and he's helped recruit (maybe not as much as a couple but still).

This. This group of commits is pretty tight knit. Moore helped in getting Cross.

Dawg4Lyfe
01-03-2019, 03:48 PM
Your friend is only saying that because of this article that came out today most likely. But he doesnt know what he is talking about at all. I said it before that im somewhat close to the situation but Charles will be a dog. I'm 95 percent sure. Only outside chance is Auburn.

https://floridastate.rivals.com/news/fsu-making-a-strong-push-rivals250-dl-top-performer-at-ua

KOdawg1
01-03-2019, 03:53 PM
Watching the UA All-American practice on ESPNU and Pickering, Moore, and Russell are all on the same team running the same drills. Commentators have spoken highly of all of them. Russell will definitely need a redshirt year to put on a good bit of weight. He's fast, but once the O-lineman gets his hands locked on him, it's over with. Pickering looked good as well. Will be interesting to see if the lack of depth at DT causes him to get some playing time next year. He would also benefit from a year in the weight room though. Moore looks pretty damn good right now. Really hope we can hold on to him. These three guys plus King Ani will be hell to deal with in 2-3 years.

Also, they showed Jarrian Jones absolutely torch the DB for a touchdown catch. I know we want him as a DB for us, but we could use him as a WR as well. The game is tonight I believe if anyone wants to watch it.

Dawg4Lyfe
01-03-2019, 03:55 PM
Ive been impressed by Jarrian Jones also every time Ive seen him at WR. That kid just has it

Scared_Hitless
01-03-2019, 03:58 PM
Ive been impressed by Jarrian Jones also every time Ive seen him at WR. That kid just has it

If he can catch then start him next season.

MetEdDawg
01-03-2019, 04:05 PM
I know we need DB help but is there a chance he would play some WR?

Commercecomet24
01-03-2019, 04:33 PM
I know we need DB help but is there a chance he would play some WR?

I'm only half joking when I say this but he might play defense offense and special teams, although Shoop says he's on defense.

msu15
01-03-2019, 05:09 PM
If he can catch then start him next season.

And Mingo

msu15
01-03-2019, 05:11 PM
What's your prediction on those 4?

We get Moore and Cunningham

BuckyIsAB****
01-03-2019, 05:27 PM

IMO he might be better there than he is DB. He will be a great cover guy but tackling and being physical isnt his game.

BuckyIsAB****
01-03-2019, 05:28 PM
And Mingo

He'd start day 1

msstate7
01-03-2019, 05:31 PM
He'd start day 1

Maybe. Whop was rated higher

Hambone
01-03-2019, 05:34 PM
But they aren’t the same, at all. Pickering says in EVERY interview he’s committed to State. Moore does not. He even goes as far as saying he might flip to “X” school. He’s been saying that for a while.

BankerDog
01-03-2019, 05:41 PM

We?ve heard a lot about Day 1 starters recently have we?

Ifyouonlyknew
01-03-2019, 06:31 PM
But they aren’t the same, at all. Pickering says in EVERY interview he’s committed to State. Moore does not. He even goes as far as saying he might flip to “X” school. He’s been saying that for a while.

For 9 months but never have. At some point people may see he's just talking. We'll find out in a month.

BuckyIsAB****
01-03-2019, 07:08 PM

Haha i dont care what hes rated. Hes the best WR in this state. Hes faster than Whop is right now hes a legit 4.4-5 at 6'2 215

Commercecomet24
01-03-2019, 07:10 PM
Haha i dont care what hes rated. Hes the best WR in this state. Hes faster than Whop is right now hes a legit 4.4-5 at 6'2 215

I know you know a lot about Mingo. I been hearing good things the last week or so about him. What's your opinion on us getting him?

BuckyIsAB****
01-03-2019, 07:13 PM
I know you know a lot about Mingo. I been hearing good things the last week or so about him. What's your opinion on us getting him?

OM hiring Rich Rod helped us tremendously. At worst its 50/50 right now. I would be very surprised if he goes to OM after that hire. They will have to do something drastic to keep him

msstate7
01-03-2019, 07:13 PM

I'm not saying he won't play. Haven't watched him at all, and I didn't watch whop last year. I just know there was a lot of hype over whop and he couldn't crack the rotation that many here say is the worst WR group in P5. Bc of this, I don't get my hopes up on freshmen.

BuckyIsAB****
01-03-2019, 07:15 PM
I'm not saying he won't play. Haven't watched him at all, and I didn't watch whop last year. I just know there was a lot of hype over whop and he couldn't crack the rotation that many here say is the worst WR group in P5. Bc of this, I don't get my hopes up on freshmen.

Fair enough.

Commercecomet24
01-03-2019, 07:15 PM
OM hiring Rich Rod helped us tremendously. At worst its 50/50 right now. I would be very surprised if he goes to OM after that hire. They will have to do something drastic to keep him

We need his speed bad. I've heard he's leaning more our way after the rich rod hire. Been telling some of our recruits he's sure he can start for us in the fall. Hope we get him.

BuckyIsAB****
01-03-2019, 07:20 PM
We need his speed bad. I've heard he's leaning more our way after the rich rod hire. Been telling some of our recruits he's sure he can start for us in the fall. Hope we get him.

The biggest thing we are going to have to convince him of is that we can throw the football. No mistake, he's a guy who wants the ball. He will block when the time comes and is damn good at that too.

But his best talent to me is after the catch. He took some tunnel screens this year to the crib when no one in the stadium thought he had a chance

Todd4State
01-03-2019, 07:21 PM

Ole Miss do something drastic in recruiting? Never!******************************************** ************************************************** ***************

And Nkemdiche was rated higher than Chris Jones. Bryce Harper was rated higher than Mike Trout at one time as well. When two players are rated closely it's irrelevant.

Commercecomet24
01-03-2019, 07:24 PM
The biggest thing we are going to have to convince him of is that we can throw the football. No mistake, he's a guy who wants the ball. He will block when the time comes and is damn good at that too.

But his best talent to me is after the catch. He took some tunnel screens this year to the crib when no one in the stadium thought he had a chance

Most of the great ones have that give me the ball attitude and i would rather have that than the ones that shy away from wanting to make a play. I honestly believe joe is gonna live or die running his complete offense this year instead of the bastardized version we ran this year. If that's the case Mingo will have plenty of chances to make big plays.

Commercecomet24
01-03-2019, 07:46 PM

Appreciate your info.

maroonmania
01-03-2019, 08:03 PM
Most of the great ones have that give me the ball attitude and i would rather have that than the ones that shy away from wanting to make a play. I honestly believe joe is gonna live or die running his complete offense this year instead of the bastardized version we ran this year. If that's the case Mingo will have plenty of chances to make big plays.

My only question is CAN HE CATCH? That's my #1 criteria. I am so tired of seeing our WRs drop passes over and over. Maybe its really all about Fitz throwing a "heavy" ball but I'm still sick of the drops.

Commercecomet24
01-03-2019, 08:08 PM
My only question is CAN HE CATCH? That's my #1 criteria. I am so tired of seeing our WRs drop passes over and over. Maybe its really all about Fitz throwing a "heavy" ball but I'm still sick of the drops.

I'm with you on that. And that's all bs about Fitz throwing uncatchable balls. You're an sec receiver catch the freaking ball or tryout for db. I played receiver in hs and if a ball hit your hands and you dropped it you were doing 5000 count 6 inches at the next practice.

ShotgunDawg
01-03-2019, 08:08 PM

How do we convince him we can throw the ball?

maroonmania
01-03-2019, 08:26 PM

And how do we convince Ealy we can run the ball with a RB?

chef dixon
01-03-2019, 08:31 PM

I think the goal is that we do both of those things better when we get a QB that can throw better and run less

ShotgunDawg
01-03-2019, 08:35 PM

I think you convince Ealy by just showing him how Fitz mis-read the defense so often

the_real_MSU_is_us
01-03-2019, 09:29 PM

Show him Shrader highlights. Shrader can make any throw on the field except for a deep bomb, and that can be excused because of the surgery reducing his strength. If I was a top WR who wants the ball, I'm looking at 4 things: 1) Does the scheme hit my skills? 2) can the QB I'll be playing with throw? 3) does the OL future look good? 4) what's the WR depth chart look like?

PSU highlights compared to Rich Rod proves we're the better fit at scheme. Shrader looks really good throwing. Our OL class and future is pretty solid, especially compared to OM's. Eye test shows he can start immediately. Not sure what else Mingo could want aside from KT being proven, which only affect year 1/3 since Shrader is so good.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
01-03-2019, 09:51 PM

Like OM convinced him I guess...when was the last time a big time RB went to OM?

msstate7
01-03-2019, 09:55 PM
Like OM convinced him I guess...when was the last time a big time RB went to OM?

Pennamon was highly thought of... Bama offer. He has not been good at om though

KOdawg1
01-03-2019, 10:21 PM
ESPN analyst straight up asked Ealy at the AA practices if he would sign with Ole Miss in Feb.

He said "possibly." I think we're very much in the game with him. I hate he's already used his OV with us though. OM has their's in late January and you know how those last minute visits go..

Cooterpoot
01-03-2019, 10:25 PM
Ealy is playing baseball. Other than stealing his stars, there’s not a lot to hope for there.

Bully13
01-04-2019, 06:50 AM
Why is this fact so hard, for so many to understand ?

Hambone
01-04-2019, 08:00 AM
Because Ealy himself has said he isn’t t 100% sure.

msstate7
01-04-2019, 08:33 AM
With OM hiring rich rod, are they now recruiting plumlee as a qb?

Cooterpoot
01-04-2019, 09:28 AM

Because that's what he's got to say. If he said I'm all in on baseball, his position in bargaining would be a little worse. He's a first round pick and he's gone. He's got MLB in his family and they know how to handle it. He's told people baseball is what he enjoys most.

ShotgunDawg
01-04-2019, 09:29 AM

I'm sure they'll try but they've already signed the duel threat QB from Allen HS, Grant Tisdale.

KOdawg1
01-04-2019, 10:05 AM

OM is recruiting everyone with stars beside their name because they need the attention. Forget team need or fit.

NCDawg
01-04-2019, 11:42 AM

Ealy was chosen one of two MVP in the Under Armour All America football game. He said right now he's planning on going to college and playing both football and baseball. He said he will decide in June what to do about baseball.

msstate7
01-04-2019, 11:46 AM
Ealy was chosen one of two MVP in the Under Armour All America football game. He said right now he's planning on going to college and playing both football and baseball. He said he will decide in June what to do about baseball.

Leverage...

Scared_Hitless
01-04-2019, 11:51 AM
Ealy is gonna take his millions and go to MLB. Kyler Murray giving alot of ppl false hope on this front. Being in the SEC as an RB is not the same as a Big12 QB he would be crazy to risk it.

msu15
01-04-2019, 12:26 PM
Why is this fact so hard, for so many to understand ?

Why is it so hard for people to understand that it's worth the risk to sign him and you do it 100 times out of 100 for a guy of his caliber?

NCDawg
01-04-2019, 12:34 PM
Why is it so hard for people to understand that it's worth the risk to sign him and you do it 100 times out of 100 for a guy of his caliber?

Totally agree.

CadaverDawg
01-04-2019, 01:02 PM
I remember people saying Senquez Golson and JT Ginn among others having zero chance of going to college..."ZERO chance"....

Cooterpoot
01-04-2019, 02:50 PM

Nobody is saying not to sign him. We won't though unless it's after the draft.

Cooterpoot
01-04-2019, 02:51 PM
I remember people saying Senquez Golson and JT Ginn among others having zero chance of going to college..."ZERO chance"....

Neither are remotely a comparison to him. Golson was an 8th rounder. Ginn doesn't have the football option.

BeardoMSU
01-04-2019, 02:53 PM

Yep yep yep.

Lets flip him first, then worry about the MLB.

Cary Hudson's little bro
01-04-2019, 02:56 PM
Co-Lin has some truly great prospects next year.

I hope we get them all...Malik Heath, WR Kundarrius Taylor (Okla signee out of HS), DE Jordan Davis (Bama signee out of HS)

There is another out of state DE type that I cannot recall at the moment.

msu15
01-04-2019, 02:59 PM
Nobody is saying not to sign him.

Uhhhhhhh, wow.

Ifyouonlyknew
01-04-2019, 03:18 PM
Co-Lin has some truly great prospects next year.

I hope we get them all...Malik Heath, WR Kundarrius Taylor (Okla signee out of HS), DE Jordan Davis (Bama signee out of HS)

There is another out of state DE type that I cannot recall at the moment.

We're not getting Taylor or Davis.

Cooterpoot
01-04-2019, 03:19 PM
Uhhhhhhh, wow.

Well...they're not. They're saying he's never going to play football and all you get are his star credits. But it's already been established that he wouldn't sign until after signing day if he's coming.