PDA

View Full Version : 2021 MSU Football Recruiting Discussion Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11

Todd4State
08-24-2020, 02:00 AM
I don't think Walley sticks with Minnesota either. That's nothing against them; they're building something very good there. But Minnesota is a LONG way from D'Iberville, MS.

I also don't get the freak out over CB recruiting that I've seen on twitter and other message boards. We signed 2 (count with me, TWO) 4 star CBs last year to go along with a solid prospect in Selmon. We've got a very good commit in Cortez Eatmon. Brendon Toles is a very athletic kid that can play corner if we need him to. There's a false narrative out there that we've struggled with CB recruiting, but that's simply not the case.

No question we need to land Walley, especially with us having his brother on the team. Just let it play out though.

I agree. The CB recruiting issue isn't an issue at all. And in the end I wouldn't be surprised if Walley flips to us as well.

Cooterpoot
08-24-2020, 03:52 AM
I disagree our CB recruiting has been fine. And CB is huge in today's game.
I also don't think this staff made some MS kids a priority, including Walley. We've missed on a lot of DBs this year and the last few years.

HailStateSZN19
08-24-2020, 06:44 AM
I disagree our CB recruiting has been fine. And CB is huge in today's game.
I also don't think this staff made some MS kids a priority, including Walley. We've missed on a lot of DBs this year and the last few years.

So signing 2 4-star CB’s with NFL length & potential last cycle counts for nothing? You don’t think Eatmon is a big get with offers from UGA, I believe Auburn, and a few other SEC schools? Brendon Toles is an SEC CB with his length and speed, probably the fastest kid in the state this year and he’ll stick his nose in there for run support too.

I’m not saying we haven’t missed on some kids and had to take some that have wound up just backend SEC talent/depth pieces because we all know we have. But I feel like some of y’all are making overreactions and emotional judgments because of what’s happened with Jarrian and Tyler Williams. We’ve signed some hosses in Forbes and Richardson (Cass working at CB too) & we’ve got a couple solid CB’s committed this cycle. That’s JMO.

And please tell me who in-state we haven’t made a priority that this staff should have so far?

BrunswickDawg
08-24-2020, 07:41 AM
So signing 2 4-star CB’s with NFL length & potential last cycle counts for nothing? You don’t think Eatmon is a big get with offers from UGA, I believe Auburn, and a few other SEC schools? Brendon Toles is an SEC CB with his length and speed, probably the fastest kid in the state this year and he’ll stick his nose in there for run support too.

I’m not saying we haven’t missed on some kids and had to take some that have wound up just backend SEC talent/depth pieces because we all know we have. But I feel like some of y’all are making overreactions and emotional judgments because of what’s happened with Jarrian and Tyler Williams. We’ve signed some hosses in Forbes and Richardson (Cass working at CB too) & we’ve got a couple solid CB’s committed this cycle. That’s JMO.

And please tell me who in-state we haven’t made a priority that this staff should have so far?

I think his point is under Mullen CB recruiting was not good, and left us thin on upper-classmen. Moorhead seems to have corrected some of that, but we got bit by transfers. We have good, young talent, but not making CB a focus position isn't going to work in today's game.

Ari Gold
08-24-2020, 09:12 AM
I think his point is under Mullen CB recruiting was not good, and left us thin on upper-classmen. Moorhead seems to have corrected some of that, but we got bit by transfers. We have good, young talent, but not making CB a focus position isn't going to work in today's game.

Bingo.
Outside of Williams ( who is prob done here IMO) there are no upperclassmen at CB.
Cass needs to be ready to go and needs to be good.
Emerson is a future Pro... he is as good or better than Dantzler at this time in both of their careers
Forbes and Richardson are going to have to grow up quick. They will take their lumps, but word is the upside of both are huge and
Sanders could be a surprise and we need him to be. Hopefully he has a chip on his shoulders.. Or have one of the 3 of Reed, Frudge or Kory Charles ( back at CB) give us some good minutes and snaps

We need to get lucky and not have the injury bug hit the Cb spot

And with Walley he has a better chance ending up in Oxford ( which he won’t ) than at Minn...

Cooterpoot
08-24-2020, 09:50 AM
So signing 2 4-star CB?s with NFL length & potential last cycle counts for nothing? You don?t think Eatmon is a big get with offers from UGA, I believe Auburn, and a few other SEC schools? Brendon Toles is an SEC CB with his length and speed, probably the fastest kid in the state this year and he?ll stick his nose in there for run support too.

I?m not saying we haven?t missed on some kids and had to take some that have wound up just backend SEC talent/depth pieces because we all know we have. But I feel like some of y?all are making overreactions and emotional judgments because of what?s happened with Jarrian and Tyler Williams. We?ve signed some hosses in Forbes and Richardson (Cass working at CB too) & we?ve got a couple solid CB?s committed this cycle. That?s JMO.

And please tell me who in-state we haven?t made a priority that this staff should have so far?

Jones was never really a 4 star CB. He was a 4 star athlete. Eatmon's offers weren't all commitable offers either. He's the 2nd best CB on his team. And we missed on the other one. Toles was a CUSA commit with no big offers. And losing Williams hurts our depth, but he's not done anything impressive since getting here. And I don't expect him back. Let's not pretend we're pulling in top CBs. We've missed on safeties this round too. Hopefully we can pull one at the end.

Cooterpoot
08-24-2020, 09:51 AM

This. We've been playing catch up at CB.

Cooterpoot
08-24-2020, 10:08 AM
We also need to pull these last DL guys because we're struggling this round there. Instate is thin but we should be able to recruit DL. Been disappointed to this point.

Bothrops
08-24-2020, 10:20 AM
We also need to pull these last DL guys because we're struggling this round there. Instate is thin but we should be able to recruit DL. Been disappointed to this point.

This has been going along about the way I thought on recruiting defense this cycle. I hope we can land Devon Lee. Supposedly down to us and NC State.

BrunswickDawg
08-24-2020, 12:04 PM

This has been going along about the way I thought on recruiting defense this cycle. I hope we can land Devon Lee. Supposedly down to us and NC State.

Defensive recruiting was going to be a crap shoot this cycle. We have our 3rd staff in essentially 3 years; a DC from the west coast; and a head coach with a rep of not being big on defense. Add to it that we couldn't have camps or go to showcases this summer and it's down year in MS for talent and it becomes a perfect storm in recruiting. It sucks.

msbulldog
08-25-2020, 05:56 AM
I haven't seen this posted anywhere on ED, but Taury Dixon has opted out. Not that it makes much difference, he only has played on special teams since he's been at MSU, but he is a CB. I guess you can't blame them, their last semester paid for, without having to work for it.

Hambone
08-25-2020, 06:56 AM
He was moved to WR, wasn’t even playing DB.

FISHDAWG
08-25-2020, 07:05 AM
I haven't seen this posted anywhere on ED, but Taury Dixon has opted out. Not that it makes much difference, he only has played on special teams since he's been at MSU, but he is a CB. I guess you can't blame them, their last semester paid for, without having to work for it.

I'm beginning to wonder if the players aren't better off by staying on the team ... regular testing, treatment if necessary, and I'm sure the athletes probably have some restrictions (bed check) that would work to their benefit in the long run .... I hope these guys opting out also opt out of bars and frat parties as well
Question for someone who might know - do they still reside in the athletic dorm and fraternize with the team ? Strength & conditioning workouts ?

maroonmania
08-29-2020, 01:31 PM
Has SR said ANYTHING about the out of the blue commitment from Justin Walley to Minnesota? Before the commitment he was saying it was an MSU, Baylor, OM battle but I haven't heard a word from him about what he thought led to him pledging to Minnesota. I agree that he likely doesn't sign there but what is the motivation to commit to a place 1200 miles away from home where you will freeze your butt off and you've never even visited?

Todd4State
08-29-2020, 05:07 PM
Has SR said ANYTHING about the out of the blue commitment from Justin Walley to Minnesota? Before the commitment he was saying it was an MSU, Baylor, OM battle but I haven't heard a word from him about what he thought led to him pledging to Minnesota. I agree that he likely doesn't sign there but what is the motivation to commit to a place 1200 miles away from home where you will freeze your butt off and you've never even visited?

I think some recruits are getting bad advice from people that they shouldn't trust.

FISHDAWG
08-31-2020, 12:39 PM

and it remains to be seen whether or not Minnesota will even play this year

Hambone
08-31-2020, 01:09 PM
Jacoby Jackson?

Former TCU pledge that just de-committed that is getting some reposts from various State people. This something to watch?

Ifyouonlyknew
08-31-2020, 05:51 PM
Jacoby Jackson?

Former TCU pledge that just de-committed that is getting some reposts from various State people. This something to watch?

Nope

msu15
08-31-2020, 07:54 PM
Jacoby Jackson?

Baylor trending on the picks

somebodyshotmypaw
08-31-2020, 10:07 PM

I'm not sure Taury Dixon was even on scholarship. I think he was a walk-on. He might could start for Millsaps. He ain't good. At all.

FISHDAWG
09-01-2020, 01:31 PM
any idea who this might be ?
https://twitter.com/WRsSpurrierMSU/status/1300645415147241472

StateDawg44
09-01-2020, 01:37 PM
any idea who this might be ?
https://twitter.com/WRsSpurrierMSU/status/1300645415147241472

Today is just the first day they can officially contact 2022 recruits right?

ZedFedder
09-01-2020, 01:48 PM
I think it’s just celebrating the fact that they can now contact recruits in the 22 class.

FISHDAWG
09-01-2020, 01:52 PM
could it possibly be this guy
https://twitter.com/MondsJames/status/1300828749848551425

ZedFedder
09-02-2020, 10:48 AM
could it possibly be this guy
https://twitter.com/MondsJames/status/1300828749848551425

It wasn't towards any one recruit, it was just celebrating that they now can contact 2022 recruits in general. Many other recruits have put State stuff up as well as our staffers putting up stuff for the 22 class.

Heydawg
09-05-2020, 12:41 PM
Nick Jones EMCC OT commits

https://twitter.com/ThaGoat77/status/1302290909262946313?s=20

https://247sports.com/player/nick-jones-46100314/

Bothrops
09-05-2020, 01:12 PM
Nick Jones EMCC OT commits

https://twitter.com/ThaGoat77/status/1302290909262946313?s=20

https://247sports.com/player/nick-jones-46100314/

Good video on this guy. He's supposed to play guard for us.

msu15
09-05-2020, 02:14 PM
Good video on this guy. He's supposed to play guard for us.

And has 3 years to play, huge to help with depth as we're still dealing with the poor hs ol recruiting in the 2017 class.

KOdawg1
09-05-2020, 02:17 PM
Meh. Not a fan of taking him this early. Similar to the Tre'von Marshall commitment. These are guys you can get last minute if you need to. It's not that I have a problem with the commitment, I just have a problem with the timing

bulldawg28
09-05-2020, 04:51 PM
We need some defensive players.

Bothrops
09-06-2020, 01:55 AM
We need some defensive players.

Ya damn right.

Cooterpoot
09-06-2020, 08:36 AM
Meh. Not a fan of taking him this early. Similar to the Tre'von Marshall commitment. These are guys you can get last minute if you need to. It's not that I have a problem with the commitment, I just have a problem with the timing

With the extra year due to Covid, I'm ok with it. Can't see him during the season either. He'll need a year, but he's very athletic. He's sort of the Ducking of the OL.

KOdawg1
09-06-2020, 07:30 PM
With 17 commitments now and roughly 7 spots left to fill, here's how we need to finish:

QB: 2 committed;Done

RB: 1 committed; Likely done

WR: 4 committed; Likely done-- you take Deion if he wants back in

OL: 3 committed; 2 more spots-- Caleb Etienne is a prime candidate for one of those spots, so we need to find one more. Wouldn't surprise me if we settle for Jim Riley out of Tishomingo. If you're gonna go the developmental route, might as well go all out.

DL: 1 committed; 2 more spots-- we need a DE and an interior guy. Devin Lee is announcing in the near future, so hopefully we get some good news there. If not, I have no idea who we get at DT. I'd hit up Juco hard. Ty Cooper is still available but I don't feel good about him.

LB: 2 committed; 1 more spot-- probably looking at a decision between two Juco guys in Deshawn Page and Tavareon Scott. I'm cool with either.

CB: 2 committed; 1 more spot-- Walley is still the ideal candidate for this spot, even with his commitment to Minnesota. But hopefully we don't wait too long to find someone else if he stays committed.

S: 2 committed; 1-2 more spots-- you're looking at three main candidates in Kadarius Calloway, MJ Daniels, and Jardin Gilbert. I think you take 2 of any of these if you can. We're in a good position here.

ShotgunDawg
09-06-2020, 08:02 PM
With 17 commitments now and roughly 7 spots left to fill, here's how we need to finish:

QB: 2 committed;Done

RB: 1 committed; Likely done

WR: 4 committed; Likely done-- you take Deion if he wants back in

OL: 3 committed; 2 more spots-- Caleb Etienne is a prime candidate for one of those spots, so we need to find one more. Wouldn't surprise me if we settle for Jim Riley out of Tishomingo. If you're gonna go the developmental route, might as well go all out.

DL: 1 committed; 2 more spots-- we need a DE and an interior guy. Devin Lee is announcing in the near future, so hopefully we get some good news there. If not, I have no idea who we get at DT. I'd hit up Juco hard. Ty Cooper is still available but I don't feel good about him.

LB: 2 committed; 1 more spot-- probably looking at a decision between two Juco guys in Deshawn Page and Tavareon Scott. I'm cool with either.

CB: 2 committed; 1 more spot-- Walley is still the ideal candidate for this spot, even with his commitment to Minnesota. But hopefully we don't wait too long to find someone else if he stays committed.

S: 2 committed; 1-2 more spots-- you're looking at three main candidates in Kadarius Calloway, MJ Daniels, and Jardin Gilbert. I think you take 2 of any of these if you can. We're in a good position here.

I feel good about most places other than the DL. I have no clue what we're doing in the recruiting at that position.

We need to get Jamond Gordon but for whatever reason lately we can't get good DL to touch us

KOdawg1
09-06-2020, 08:11 PM
I feel good about most places other than the DL. I have no clue what we're doing in the recruiting at that position.

We need to get Jamond Gordon but for whatever reason lately we can't get good DL to touch us

I'll give Phelps a pass this year due to the circumstances, but next year looks to be a big time crop of DL in-state, and if we miss out on those, then he needs to go.

Bothrops
09-06-2020, 08:12 PM

Correct, we seem to have no pull recruiting our best position for the past decade.

ZedFedder
09-06-2020, 08:44 PM
A big problem is that there are no big time DL in Mississippi. There are usually at least two 4 star or above types, and Cooper is the biggest fish this year. He’d usually be the 5th or 6th best DL.

Todd4State
09-06-2020, 10:25 PM
A big problem is that there are no big time DL in Mississippi. There are usually at least two 4 star or above types, and Cooper is the biggest fish this year. He’d usually be the 5th or 6th best DL.

Exactly. To your point:

1. Fletcher Cox- Yazoo City
2. Chris Jones- Houston, MS
3. Jeffrey Simmons- Macon

Ifyouonlyknew
09-06-2020, 10:30 PM
Exactly. To your point:

1. Fletcher Cox- Yazoo City
2. Chris Jones- Houston, MS
3. Jeffrey Simmons- Macon

To add

Jaden Crumedy - Oak Groce, MS
Josh Boyd - Philly, MS
Nathaniel Pickering - Seminary, MS
Pernell McPhee - MS Juco
Denico Autry - MS Juco
Montez Sweat - MS Juco

Well you get the picture.

ZedFedder
09-06-2020, 11:31 PM
To add

Jaden Crumedy - Oak Groce, MS
Josh Boyd - Philly, MS
Nathaniel Pickering - Seminary, MS
Pernell McPhee - MS Juco
Denico Autry - MS Juco
Montez Sweat - MS Juco

Well you get the picture.

Yep. Just don't have them this year.

Irondawg
09-07-2020, 09:06 AM
Yeah we are going to have to sell the SEC brand and playing time. Luckily those two things can sell well so we should be able to find somebody for those DL spots

HailStateSZN19
09-07-2020, 12:20 PM
Emerick tweeted out that we got some good news today.

We expecting a commitment? Any guesses on who?

KOdawg1
09-07-2020, 12:26 PM
Emerick tweeted out that we got some good news today.

We expecting a commitment? Any guesses on who?

Jaden Jones if I had to guess. Another guy with a pretty low ranking, but he's got slightly better offers than the guys we've taken lately.

Ifyouonlyknew
09-07-2020, 12:40 PM
Jaden Jones if I had to guess. Another guy with a pretty low ranking, but he's got slightly better offers than the guys we've taken lately.

It's not Jones. Kid will go public tomorrow.

KOdawg1
09-07-2020, 12:42 PM
It's not Jones. Kid will go public tomorrow.

Ooh I forgot Devin Lee was announcing soon. We need a splash, whoever it is.

msu15
09-07-2020, 12:48 PM

Big Paul said it's a bit of surprise.

KOdawg1
09-07-2020, 12:52 PM
Big Paul said it's a bit of surprise.

Well I hope it's a good surprise. We've taken several guys in a row now that have little to no P5 offers. We need to finish out this class with some coveted guys.

Devin Lee, Deonte Anderson, one of the Juco LBs, Caleb Etienne, Cooper, Daniels, Calloway, etc.

I want to start winning recruiting battles instead of just being a guy's best offer.

KOdawg1
09-07-2020, 01:10 PM

It's Nic Mitchell (https://247sports.com/player/nic-mitchell-46099796/), an OLB out of Jacksonville. Just de-commited from Temple.

Yet another "meh" commitment.

HailStateSZN19
09-07-2020, 01:26 PM

It's Nic Mitchell (https://247sports.com/player/nic-mitchell-46099796/), an OLB out of Jacksonville. Just de-commited from Temple.

Yet another "meh" commitment.

Very “meh” commitment, imo. Nothing major jumps out on his film.

Westdawg
09-07-2020, 02:20 PM
I saw plants that made me feel good - he ain't a 5 ⭐️, but he very good. Plays with good level, good angles, decent hips, will stick his head in there and knock a d**k in the dirt. He projects as a coverage OLB. And that's needed in the 3-3-5. Great size with what seems to be no bad weight on his frame. Could easily add 15+ lbs and still play with his speed and agility

ZedFedder
09-07-2020, 03:32 PM
Yeah, maybe these guys are diamonds in the rough who will play out later, but it seems that usually we can get higher level kids than this. At least, I don’t understand taking them this quickly.

Bothrops
09-07-2020, 04:21 PM
Yeah we are going to have to sell the SEC brand and playing time. Luckily those two things can sell well so we should be able to find somebody for those DL spots

Not for us they don't.

maroonmania
09-07-2020, 04:27 PM
Guess I may have to just lower expectations on our defense under Leach. I know there are limited defensive prospects in the State but we seem to be totally satisfied taking commitments from a bunch of guys on that side of the ball that basically have no other P5 offers. Doesn't sound like a recipe for success to me and certainly doesn't mirror what's going on with our offensive recruiting. For all that are belly aching about what our defense will be like this year, I see nothing that gives me optimism that things on that side of the ball are going to improve much in the coming years. Bad sign when Walley's brother didn't commit as badly as we need quality DBs. Getting concerned that we will even get Cooper.

KOdawg1
09-07-2020, 05:55 PM
Guess I may have to just lower expectations on our defense under Leach. I know there are limited defensive prospects in the State but we seem to be totally satisfied taking commitments from a bunch of guys on that side of the ball that basically have no other P5 offers. Doesn't sound like a recipe for success to me and certainly doesn't mirror what's going on with our offensive recruiting. For all that are belly aching about what our defense will be like this year, I see nothing that gives me optimism that things on that side of the ball are going to improve much in the coming years. Bad sign when Walley's brother didn't commit as badly as we need quality DBs. Getting concerned that we will even get Cooper.

I think Cooper ends up at OM. At least right now.

msu15
09-07-2020, 07:21 PM
I don't share in any of those sentiments, but I'll guess we'll have to see how many wins we get the next 3 to 4 years. Beauty of the game

Bothrops
09-07-2020, 08:04 PM

Leach is going to have to learn to like defense a little more now that he's in the SEC. Otherwise he's gonna have a bunch of pissed off fans to answer to every week. This league will **** ya.

Todd4State
09-08-2020, 12:45 AM
Leach is going to have to learn to like defense a little more now that he's in the SEC. Otherwise he's gonna have a bunch of pissed off fans to answer to every week. This league will **** ya.

I think he is hurt somewhat by his reputation and Arnett still making a name for himself as well as the fact that it's not a great year for DL/LB in state in general. The good news is because of COVID it is going to buy guys like Pickering, Crumedy, Cooley, Banks, Purvis, Brule, and etc. an extra year which will help offset this year some. Also next year is loaded with DL/LB talent. As long as we land guys like Stone Blanton, Parker, Zxavian Harris, and etc. we should be in decent shape. Also it sounds like there is a good chance we flip Calloway back and that will be huge going forward as well.

Also- I think that once Arnett shows that he is legit we will be fine.

ZedFedder
09-08-2020, 06:14 PM
Nic Mitchell is official.

KOdawg1
09-08-2020, 06:51 PM
Nic Mitchell is official.

Meh.

Hambone
09-08-2020, 07:37 PM
You’ve stated once already your opinion of this kid. No reason to bring it up again. I’m glad we got a player that our coaches wanted.

KOdawg1
09-08-2020, 07:40 PM
You’ve stated once already your opinion of this kid. No reason to bring it up again. I’m glad we got a player that our coaches wanted.

I'll state my opinion 50 times if I please. It's a message board. Pull your tampon out Francis.

KOdawg1
09-08-2020, 07:45 PM
Kadarius Calloway picked up another MSU crystal ball, so it looks like we have a shot at getting him back. That's huge because he's the second best player in the state imo.

bulldawg28
09-08-2020, 08:06 PM
Kadarius Calloway picked up another MSU crystal ball, so it looks like we have a shot at getting him back. That's huge because he's the second best player in the state imo.

Nice, we need this type of player.

KOdawg1
09-08-2020, 08:12 PM
Nice, we need this type of player.

Yep he's gonna be a difference maker. Add him to MJ Daniels and Cooper, and suddenly our defensive class goes from below average to pretty darn salty.

ZedFedder
09-08-2020, 08:56 PM
If we get Calloway and Cooper, I will be happy. Daniels will be a cherry on top because I do not expect him.

Hambone
09-08-2020, 08:59 PM
I'll state my opinion 50 times if I please. It's a message board. Pull your tampon out Francis.

Yes sir Mr Big Bad Message board poster. I sincerely apologize for upsetting you. Please accept my sincere apologies.

Cooterpoot
09-08-2020, 09:01 PM
We need a stud DL that's just not out there. Calloway and Daniels would lock down the back end a little though.

KOdawg1
09-08-2020, 09:03 PM
Yes sir Mr Big Bad Message board poster. I sincerely apologize for upsetting you. Please accept my sincere apologies.

You are forgiven.

KOdawg1
09-08-2020, 09:04 PM
We need a stud DL that's just not out there. Calloway and Daniels would lock down the back end a little though.

I really want Devin Lee, but no one seems to know anything about where he's leaning.

Cooterpoot
09-08-2020, 09:09 PM
I really want Devin Lee, but no one seems to know anything about where he's leaning.

Not leaning our way and time is running out.

KOdawg1
09-08-2020, 09:23 PM
IYOK, I know you're pretty high on Calloway too and have seen him play quite a bit. My question is do you think he stays at safety his entire college career, or does he grow into a linebacker? I personally see him at the Dog safety position, but I believe he has the frame to put on good weight to become an OLB.

Ifyouonlyknew
09-08-2020, 09:42 PM
IYOK, I know you're pretty high on Calloway too and have seen him play quite a bit. My question is do you think he stays at safety his entire college career, or does he grow into a linebacker? I personally see him at the Dog safety position, but I believe he has the frame to put on good weight to become an OLB.

I think he's a perfect Dog safety. He'll be 225-230 but he's going to be running a 4.5 doing it.

Lord McBuckethead
09-08-2020, 09:48 PM
Nic Mitchel committed. Good job staff.

SmokeyDawg
09-08-2020, 10:54 PM
Nic Mitchel committed. Good job staff.
I think there are certain positions that this staff likes to get raw talents and develop themselves. Miller alluded to this on the OL (They'd take a higher touted player but are comfortable taking a project) seems OLB May be one of those positions. Won't know their ability to evaluate those players for another 2-3 years, but if they want them, hail yea. Welcome!

Bothrops
09-09-2020, 02:06 PM
Not leaning our way and time is running out.

I imagine he wants to go somewhere that has a history of putting D-linemen in the NFL.

HailStateSZN19
09-09-2020, 03:10 PM
MJ Daniels tweets out that he is committing Friday....

Leroy Jenkins
09-09-2020, 04:03 PM

McBath > TBuc recruiting?

Yes.

KOdawg1
09-09-2020, 04:21 PM
Even if he chooses us, don't celebrate too hard just yet. This will be a roller coaster until the end.

Bothrops
09-09-2020, 04:22 PM

Between us and Arkansas. I think we are 0-2 for safties against them in recent memory. Hopefully this time is different.

ShotgunDawg
09-09-2020, 04:34 PM
Between us and Arkansas. I think we are 0-2 for safties against them in recent memory. Hopefully this time is different.

This is the first in-state one though. I’m not sure he’s ever mentioned Arkansas & I’m positive he won’t sign with them.

What that means for Friday is anyone’s guess though

msbulldog
09-09-2020, 05:35 PM

Hard to beat Wal Mart, Tyson Chicken, Dallas Cowboy and Reynolds Aluminum money.

Cooterpoot
09-09-2020, 05:36 PM
I imagine he wants to go somewhere that has a history of putting D-linemen in the NFL.

Not necessarily

KOdawg1
09-09-2020, 05:53 PM
My gut says Arkansas. But the fact that he was in Starkville this weekend bodes well for us. I think it ultimately comes down to an MSU-OM battle on signing day regardless of where he commits Friday.

ShotgunDawg
09-09-2020, 06:45 PM
Hard to beat Wal Mart, Tyson Chicken, Dallas Cowboy and Reynolds Aluminum money.

Then why don't recruit better?

And why have they stunk for years?

Why did they have to hire an OL coach as their head guy?

KOdawg1
09-09-2020, 07:23 PM

December is when the actual decision was going to be made anyway. This doesn't help us or hurt us.

Bothrops
09-09-2020, 07:48 PM
Not necessarily

I forgot my sarkasterics

WPS
09-11-2020, 12:47 PM
Then why don't recruit better?

And why have they stunk for years?

Why did they have to hire an OL coach as their head guy?

Arkansas recruits in the 20-30 range most years, same (or better) as/than most of the lower half SEC teams. The facilities and money are great but the state doesn't produce a whole lot of talent so you have to dip into Oklahoma, east Texas and the surrounding area and that leads to inconsistent results. Petrino of all people did sign a top 20 class once though, I think it finished at #16.

Bad coaching hires haven't helped but Arkansas was ranked as high as #16 halfway through the 2016 season and began the 2015 season in the top 20 so Bielema had a few decent teams before petering out. Certainly better than the 2-10 Morris crapshow.

Clemson hired Dabo when he was just a WR coach. It has to be hard to attract a coach to a program that was 4-20 the last two years but I do think Pittman could end up being a better fit than someone like Kiffin would have been, who would likely have tried to leave after 2-3 years and would have been just collecting a check and banging co-eds.

Bothrops
09-11-2020, 11:26 PM
Chance we miss on Daniels and Calloway? This shit is ridiculous.

Bothrops
09-11-2020, 11:32 PM

Hasn't helped their recruiting.

ShotgunDawg
09-12-2020, 12:22 AM
Chance we miss on Daniels and Calloway? This shit is ridiculous.

I think we get both

maroonmania
09-12-2020, 01:05 PM
I think we get both

We should be able to get Cooper, Walley, Daniels and Calloway in the end. But getting 3 of those 4 would be good, less than that would be disappointing.

Westdawg
09-19-2020, 12:41 AM
So, Jacobi Moore tore his knee up this week (c/o '21). Hate to hear that.

Cooterpoot
09-19-2020, 06:47 AM
So, Jacobi Moore tore his knee up this week (c/o '21). Hate to hear that.

It's Not "tore up". It's a meniscus tear. He'll miss his Sr year but should be fine.

Uncle Ruckus
09-19-2020, 07:43 AM
Sucks. He was going to dominate that district. Have a friend on the HC staff. They returned practically everything from last year and was going to have their best season in years.

KOdawg1
09-19-2020, 08:16 AM
I was hoping Jacobi would play his way into a 4th star. He was really impressive so far. Looking at a 3-4 month recovery time if it's the kind of meniscus tear I'm familiar with.

Cooterpoot
09-19-2020, 09:06 AM
Looks like Daniels just committed to us!
Now pull Calloway back in and finish up with Lee and Cooper and, dare I say, the top WR in MS by flipping a LSU commit....

HailStateSZN19
09-19-2020, 09:12 AM
https://twitter.com/mjdaniels11/status/1307318559606018048?s=21

HailStateSZN19
09-19-2020, 09:14 AM
Now pull Calloway back in and finish up with Lee and Cooper and, dare I say, the top WR in MS by flipping a LSU commit....

Woah woah woah..... you predicting that we flip Deion?!?.....

KOdawg1
09-19-2020, 09:14 AM
Freaking huge if we hold on to him.

Keep MJ, flip Calloway, and throw everything you have at Deion, and suddenly we have a top 20 class

vv83
09-19-2020, 09:17 AM

Wanna put a % for those 4 that we get them? I can't see Calloway staying in that class.

Cooterpoot
09-19-2020, 09:21 AM
Wanna put a % for those 4 that we get them? I can't see Calloway staying in that class.

Calloway 70%
Cooper 80%
Lee 50%
D 52%

But IYOK can correct me if I'm wrong

vv83
09-19-2020, 09:29 AM
Calloway 70%
Cooper 80%
Lee 50%
D 52%

Danggggg 52 on D.Smith gets me wooly

William Tecumsah Sherman
Wouldn?t be surprised if Daniels decommits at some point and still signs with us.

HailStateSZN19
Calloway 70%
Cooper 80%
Lee 50%
D 52%

Wow.... Calloway at 70% and Deion at 52%?

What’s changed with Deion that’s moved him above 50% to flip him?

Cooterpoot
09-19-2020, 09:33 AM
Danggggg 52 on D.Smith gets me wooly

And maybe I'm being too optimistic on that but we were at about 5% a couple months ago. So even if we're really at 45%, that's a big move and things are changing. Lots of positive vibes.

Ifyouonlyknew
09-19-2020, 09:48 AM
Calloway 70%
Cooper 80%
Lee 50%
D 52%

Calloway 80%
Cooper 55% (only because I think he's talked about waiting til February & could end up losing his spot)
Lee 35%
Deion 55%

Jaden Jones 75%

Hambone
09-19-2020, 09:50 AM
NP

ZedFedder
09-19-2020, 09:50 AM
Calloway 80%
Cooper 55% (only because I think he's talked about waiting til February & could end up losing his spot)
Lee 35%
Deion 55%

Jaden Jones 75%

That Deion % got me REAL excited. I think he is a first round type talent.

HailStateSZN19
09-19-2020, 09:51 AM
Calloway 80%
Lee 35%
Deion 55%

Jaden Jones 75%

Wow.... I get the offense we run but I didn’t think Deion would flip from LSU. What’s changed there that we’re now somewhat expecting/predicting it to happen? It can’t be overstated how huge that would be to get him back.

Ifyouonlyknew
09-19-2020, 09:52 AM
Wow.... I get the offense we run but I didn’t think Deion would flip from LSU. What’s changed there that we’re now somewhat expecting/predicting it to happen? It can’t be overstated how huge that would be to get him back.

He's never shut the door on MSU even though he's been committed to LSU. That door just keeps opening wider.

Hambone
09-19-2020, 09:53 AM
Hey, my question IYOK, Deon Smith is a no brainer take, but are we projected to lose a WR that would allow us to take Calloway as well?

Or is it possible a current WR commit moves to DB? (Barkhalter has hinted at such)

Ifyouonlyknew
09-19-2020, 09:55 AM
Hey, my question IYOK, Deon Smith is a no brainer take, but are we projected to lose a WR that would allow us to take Calloway as well?

Or is it possible a current WR commit moves to DB? (Barkhalter has hinted at such)

We have room for both

Cooterpoot
09-19-2020, 09:56 AM
Calloway 80%
Lee 35%
Deion 55%

Jaden Jones 75%

Yeah, on Cooper, I just don't see other options on the DL and we need DL. Must feel good about '22 DL.
Lee is going the academic route IMO but that's based on rumor.
Etienne is another big recruit and he's what 60%?

Ifyouonlyknew
09-19-2020, 09:58 AM
Yeah, on Cooper, I just don't see other options on the DL and we need DL. Must feel good about '22 DL.
Lee is going the academic route IMO but that's based on rumor.
Etienne is another big recruit and he's what 60%?

I like Jaden Jones & Zykeious Strong at DL.

I think Etienne is about 65-70% I think South Carolina is the biggest comp.

HailStateSZN19
09-19-2020, 09:59 AM
He's never shut the door on MSU even though he's been committed to LSU. That door just keeps opening wider.

Damn... that’s just absolutely big time if we pull that one off. He’s a Day 1 pushing for a starter spot type guy.

Add him to Teddy Knox and Nabers and that’s 3 immediate impact WR’s to go with what we bring back next season.

Last question, if we flip Deion do you see LSU circling back around and successfully plucking Nabers from us? Which if that’s the price to pay for Deion, so be it, IMO.

Ifyouonlyknew
09-19-2020, 10:00 AM
Damn... that’s just absolutely big time if we pull that one off. He’s a Day 1 pushing for a starter spot type guy.

Add him to Teddy Knox and Nabers and that’s 3 immediate impact WR’s to go with what we bring back next season.

Last question, if we flip Deion do you see LSU circling back around and successfully plucking Nabers from us? Which if that’s the price to pay for Deion, so be it, IMO.

That's a big assumption that Nabers is next on their board. That may or may not be the case.

KOdawg1
09-19-2020, 10:05 AM
That's a big assumption that Nabers is next on their board. That may or may not be the case.

It's a trade I'm willing to make if that's the case

Cooterpoot
09-19-2020, 10:06 AM
I think the '22 class is going to have some surprise recruits pop in on our board that people don't know about yet due to Rona.
We know about the big guys in '22 in MS but there's a lot of borderline guys too that could make a jump.

ZedFedder
09-19-2020, 10:08 AM
Over the last month or so, they (State) have sent out a lot of offers to in state guys in that 22 class.

Cooterpoot
09-19-2020, 10:09 AM
I like Jaden Jones & Zykeious Strong at DL.

I think Etienne is about 65-70% I think South Carolina is the biggest comp.

I forgot about Strong. Jones I think is a given. And so far, the other DE we took early has looked good his Sr year, so he might end up being a steal.

Ifyouonlyknew
09-19-2020, 10:13 AM
I think the '22 class is going to have some surprise recruits pop in on our board that people don't know about yet due to Rona.
We know about the big guys in '22 in MS but there's a lot of borderline guys too that could make a jump.

'22 could be a beast class Instate for us.

RB - Branson Robinson, Omar Johnson
WR - Larry Simmons
OL - Bryson Hurst
DL - Zxavian Harris, Maxton Woodard, Jaheim Oatis, RJ Moss, Donterry Russell
LB - Stone Blanton, JD Stewart
DB - Jerry johnson, Marquez Dortch, Jaterrius Elam

Not to mention a group of oos guys we're doing well with right now. Next year a Top 25 class should be a given with a chance at a Top 20.

HailStateSZN19
09-19-2020, 10:16 AM
Man, I’m feeling extra wooly this morning lol

Got MJ in the boat, feeling great about flipping Calloway from Bama, some renewed optimism growing about flipping the #1 player in MS and one of the best WR’s MS has/will put out in a while (I think he’s on or almost on AJ/DK level talent) in Deion, and by gosh we’re ONE WEEK away from SEC football and opening the Mike Leach era. I’m soaking it all in.

Cooterpoot
09-19-2020, 10:24 AM
Man, I’m feeling extra wooly this morning lol

Got MJ in the boat, feeling great about flipping Calloway from Bama, some renewed optimism growing about flipping the #1 player in MS and one of the best WR’s MS has/will put out in a while (I think he’s on or almost on AJ/DK level talent) in Deion, and by gosh we’re ONE WEEK away from SEC football and opening the Mike Leach era. I’m soaking it all in.

Today is the first day it's feeling like football season to me. Been waiting on that feeling.

HailStateSZN19
09-19-2020, 10:27 AM
Today is the first day it's feeling like football season to me. Been waiting on that feeling.

Facts. It’s nice and cool and breezy today. Feels like fall finally.

We just won (not completely, still got work to do) a huge in-state battle for a recruit. We’re talking about flipping a Bama and LSU commit without them “dropping” them.

There’s a couple decent games on today but knowing that 7 days, 4 hours and 2 minutes from now we will be kicking it off in Tiger Stadium for the beginning of the Leach era, there’s just a special feeling in the air today and dammit it feels GREAT!

ShotgunDawg
09-19-2020, 10:29 AM
Really excited about the direction of this recruiting class.

It’s not that the class will end up highly ranked but rather the message it sends that this staff can win recruiting battles and win instate.

That’s going to be huge.

Ari Gold
09-19-2020, 10:31 AM
I’m still waiting on Kiffin to “mop the floor “ with Leach in recruiting...

HailStateSZN19
09-19-2020, 10:39 AM
I’m still waiting on Kiffin to “mop the floor “ with Leach in recruiting...

Ari, you feeling the same on Deion as IYOK and Cooter?

ShotgunDawg
09-19-2020, 10:40 AM
I do think this class has a chance to be top 25. The top of he class will be really good and the bottom will get ranking adjustments.

Toles is really really fast but only a 78 ranked. If that guy and others get proper 85-87 rankings, that going to make a huge difference in the final rankings

Cooterpoot
09-19-2020, 10:46 AM
Really excited about the direction of this recruiting class.

It’s not that the class will end up highly ranked but rather the message it sends that this staff can win recruiting battles and win instate.

That’s going to be huge.

Agree. In a year where a completely different staff (minus one big time recruiter already here), a weak overall instate class, and Covid it's looking pretty damn solid if we close out strong.

Ari Gold
09-19-2020, 10:53 AM
Ari, you feeling the same on Deion as IYOK and Cooter?

I feel much better about Calloway than Deion..
If you asked me about Deion a month ago I would have said little chance if any.. I think we have a chance as of today.. and if Brennan has the year I think he will, our odds will go up...

ZedFedder
09-19-2020, 12:10 PM
Just saw where Paul Jones crystal balled Daniels’ 2022 teammate, Marquez Dortch, to MSU.

somebodyshotmypaw
09-19-2020, 02:37 PM

WR - Larry Simmons
OL - Bryson Hurst

Not to mention a group of oos guys we're doing well with right now. Next year a Top 25 class should be a given with a chance at a Top 20.

Stone Blanton's dad and uncle are MSU grads. Will be interesting to see if he plays football, baseball, or both. He's a tough kid.

Nigel Knott and Taury Dixon were both jokes out of Germantown. Neither impressed me at all, although I can certainly understand taking a risk with Nigel Knott on athleticism and bloodlines alone. But this Branson Robinson kid from Germantown looks pretty legit. Size, speed, vision, ability to break tackles. There is a lot to like about him.

Ifyouonlyknew
09-19-2020, 02:55 PM
Stone Blanton's dad and uncle are MSU grads. Will be interesting to see if he plays football, baseball, or both. He's a tough kid.

Nigel Knott and Taury Dixon were both jokes out of Germantown. Neither impressed me at all, although I can certainly understand taking a risk with Nigel Knott on athleticism and bloodlines alone. But this Branson Robinson kid from Germantown looks pretty legit. Size, speed, vision, ability to break tackles. There is a lot to like about him.

Blanton is playing both in college.

msu15
09-19-2020, 03:20 PM
Class now ranked 27th by 247 sports. Flip Calloway and Smith back and a top 25 finish is a lock regardless of who else we add.

ShotgunDawg
09-19-2020, 03:31 PM
Class now ranked 27th by 247 sports. Flip Calloway and Smith back and a top 25 finish is a lock regardless of who else we add.

And add Jaden Jones

That's not to mention that Toles, Cavazos, Pounders, Knox, Nabers, & others are still under ranked & could get bumps.

It can't understated how impressive a top 25 class would be with this instate crop. The recruiting job done to get a top 25 with this instate crop is equivalent to a top 20 to 18 class in a normal MS year

Bothrops
09-19-2020, 03:47 PM

WR - Larry Simmons
OL - Bryson Hurst

Let's recruit like we are the only instate program!

Bothrops
09-19-2020, 03:52 PM
And add Jaden Jones

That's not to mention that Toles, Cavazos, Pounders, Knox, Nabers, & others are still under ranked & could get bumps.

It can't understated how impressive a top 25 class would be with this instate crop. The recruiting job done to get a top 25 with this instate crop is equivalent to a top 20 to 18 class in a normal MS year

The ranking whores won't let us sniff top 25, but we could have one on the field. Some of our guys have dropped some without playing a game yet.

Jarius
09-19-2020, 03:59 PM
The ranking whores won't let us sniff top 25, but we could have one on the field. Some of our guys have dropped some without playing a game yet.

If we add D. Smith and Calloway and hold on to our other guys we will 100% be in the top 25.

ZedFedder
09-19-2020, 04:02 PM
The Branson Robinson kid looks like he is in Hill, Akers, and Ealy company talent wise.

Bothrops
09-19-2020, 04:03 PM
If we add D. Smith and Calloway and hold on to our other guys we will 100% be in the top 25.

Some people would take a hit though. Have to factor that in. One goes up, another goes down and they enjoy it.

ShotgunDawg
09-19-2020, 04:39 PM
The Branson Robinson kid looks like he is in Hill, Akers, and Ealy company talent wise.

He does look good as does Johnson out of Columbia. Johnson's film is on a wet, grass field & Robinson's is on dry turf. That's a big difference

ZedFedder
09-19-2020, 05:02 PM
He does look good as does Johnson out of Columbia. Johnson's film is on a wet, grass field & Robinson's is on dry turf. That's a big difference

Good point. I did not think about that.

msu15
09-19-2020, 06:08 PM
Some people would take a hit though. Have to factor that in. One goes up, another goes down and they enjoy it.

It wouldn't be that big of drop though. Just for reference, we are #32 currently in the composite, and just adding Smith and Calloway alone would be us like #19 or #20(even higher in the 247 exclusive rankings).

Jarius
09-19-2020, 06:21 PM

If our current commits even out with drops and rises and we add Calloway and Smith we will still be in the top 25. We would be borderline top 20.

Bothrops
09-19-2020, 08:18 PM
If our current commits even out with drops and rises and we add Calloway and Smith we will still be in the top 25. We would be borderline top 20.

They don't want us there, that's what I'm getting across.

BrunswickDawg
09-20-2020, 07:26 AM
Let's recruit like we are the only instate program!

If you listen to Leach talk about the talent MS has produced historically - you start to think that wrapping up in-state is a major priority.

KOdawg1
09-20-2020, 08:04 AM
If you listen to Leach talk about the talent MS has produced historically - you start to think that wrapping up in-state is a major priority.

Yep, the team up north is focused on pulling kids from Pennsylvania and New Jersey while we're pushing for kids right down the road. I'm all for that. Bc Mississippi kids will take pride in playing for their state. A kid from the northeast couldn't care less.

ShotgunDawg
09-20-2020, 09:15 AM
Yep, the team up north is focused on pulling kids from Pennsylvania and New Jersey while we're pushing for kids right down the road. I'm all for that. Bc Mississippi kids will take pride in playing for their state. A kid from the northeast couldn't care less.

Talent being similar, I'll take a Mississippi kid over a kid from most any other state.

Westdawg
09-22-2020, 09:55 PM
I don't know if our staff looks at this school, but dang, V. R. Eaton HS in TX has got some mammoth OL and well-coached.
I follow their RB Coach/recruiting coordinator on twitter. @CoachRegalado
he's funny as heck, puts out some funny coach videos, and pushes his players' videos well. We need to be in that school pronto

Cooterpoot
09-24-2020, 08:06 AM
IYOK, what's the odds we flip Walley? 60%? More?

sscjr1
09-24-2020, 08:42 AM
What's the story on Yulkeith Brown?

Ari Gold
09-24-2020, 08:42 AM

My take..
If Walley wants to get in The boat he better do it sooner than later.. we have some guys that will take that spot if they decide to commit. And I would have no issue with that. Nothing against the kid , if there is room he is for sure a take but if Chips fall a certain way he will be on the outside looking in

HailStateSZN19
09-24-2020, 08:47 AM

Who is Yulkeith Brown? First time I've seen that name.

ShotgunDawg
09-24-2020, 08:48 AM
Who is Yulkeith Brown? First time I've seen that name.

We're having more success with out of state recruits under Leach than we ever have.

Once Mississippi has it's normal talent level again, watch out

HailStateSZN19
09-24-2020, 08:50 AM
We're having more success with out of state recruits under Leach than we ever have.

Once Mississippi has it's normal talent level again, watch out

So Brown is an OOS guy? What position and what's the story on this kid? We getting some traction with him?

ShotgunDawg
09-24-2020, 09:11 AM
So Brown is an OOS guy? What position and what's the story on this kid? We getting some traction with him?

https://247sports.com/Player/Yulkeith-Brown-46077108/

Cooterpoot
09-24-2020, 09:56 AM

WR- and lets be honest, the best skill position "athletes" are going to get looks on offense first now, instead of defense. But Leach has a history of moving them to defense if they don't work out on offense.

Cooterpoot
09-24-2020, 09:59 AM
My take..
If Walley wants to get in The boat he better do it sooner than later.. we have some guys that will take that spot if they decide to commit. And I would have no issue with that. Nothing against the kid , if there is room he is for sure a take but if Chips fall a certain way he will be on the outside looking in

Well, we slow played him a little, so that told me something. I haven't seen him play since he was at Greene Co. He was a better baseball player IMO then but was a great athlete.

FISHDAWG
09-24-2020, 11:12 AM
https://247sports.com/Player/Yulkeith-Brown-46077108/

wow ... everyone wants this guy ... I hope he is indeed "Warm" on us

Ifyouonlyknew
09-24-2020, 03:33 PM

It's hard to get a read on him. The ball is in his court & he's going to be able to see his brother getting plenty of p/t as a Freshman. He's a take now but I'm not sure how long that offer is going to stand. I like Walley but if we can get Yulkeith Brown to come in as an Athlete then I wish Walley well In his future endeavors.

Ifyouonlyknew
09-24-2020, 03:36 PM

A kid that if the chips fall right could fall in our laps. I wouldn't predict him in our class right now but as time passes our odds get better.

Ari Gold
09-24-2020, 03:37 PM
Well, we slow played him a little, so that told me something. I haven't seen him play since he was at Greene Co. He was a better baseball player IMO then but was a great athlete.

Would love to have him Join his brother at MSU, but I have been told by numerous peeps we have the better brother..

HailStateSZN19
09-24-2020, 03:56 PM
Would love to have him Join his brother at MSU, but I have been told by numerous peeps we have the better brother..

The brother we have is going to be an All-SEC WR in this offense in another year or 2. Take it to the bank, that's my prediction.

Todd4State
09-25-2020, 04:46 PM
It's hard to get a read on him. The ball is in his court & he's going to be able to see his brother getting plenty of p/t as a Freshman. He's a take now but I'm not sure how long that offer is going to stand. I like Walley but if we can get Yulkeith Brown to come in as an Athlete then I wish Walley well In his future endeavors.

With Selmon leaving I'm good with giving him his spot.

KOdawg1
09-26-2020, 10:28 AM
Malik Nabers picks up an LSU offer.

Not a coincidence with us playing LSU today. Well played by Coach O.

ZedFedder
09-26-2020, 10:50 AM

Hope we can hang on to him.

KOdawg1
09-26-2020, 10:55 AM
Hope we can hang on to him.

If LSU wants him, he's going to LSU. Hopefully we push for Deion or can flip Kanarius Johnson

ShotgunDawg
09-26-2020, 11:07 AM
If LSU wants him, he's going to LSU. Hopefully we push for Deion or can flip Kanarius Johnson

Gotta get Deion. Flip Johnson? You really think that would be in question? sheesh

KOdawg1
09-26-2020, 11:26 AM
Gotta get Deion. Flip Johnson? You really think that would be in question? sheesh

Haha please go back to 247 Colonel.

Stop looking for shit to argue about. There's a reason you're disliked on both boards.

msbulldog
09-26-2020, 12:10 PM
Hell I like Gun and Kang, I just don't get in pissin battles with him, that would wear my fingers out typing. HAIL STATE!

KOdawg1
09-26-2020, 12:13 PM
Hell I like Gun and Kang, I just don't get in pissin battles with him, that would wear my fingers out typing. HAIL STATE!

I like Gun too, and I've taken up for him in the past and was one of the ones pushing for him to come back after his ban. He just annoys the 17 out of me lol

msbulldog
09-26-2020, 12:14 PM
I like Gun too, and I've taken up for him in the past and was one of the ones pushing for him to come back after his ban. He just annoys the 17 out of me lol

Patience Butterfly.

KOdawg1
09-26-2020, 12:20 PM
Patience Butterfly.

You're right.

I apologize Shotgun. You bring a lot to both this board and 247. You're a good dude.

Just quit arguing with everything lol.

msbulldog
09-26-2020, 12:49 PM
You're right.

I apologize Shotgun. You bring a lot to both this board and 247. You're a good dude.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to KOdawg1 again.

ShotgunDawg
09-26-2020, 12:56 PM
You're right.

What makes you think I'm a good guy? I'm not a good guy. Do you have any proof to support that statement?*

KOdawg1
09-26-2020, 12:59 PM
What makes you think I'm a good guy? I'm not a good guy. Do you have any proof to support that statement?*

LOL. +1

Bothrops
09-26-2020, 01:50 PM

AIR RAID!!!

MetEdDawg
09-26-2020, 04:30 PM
He gone

I would give it some time before we say that. Our offense looks a hell of a lot more attractive right now to a top flight WR. I get LSU is a school he wants to be at. But a 4-6 LSU might change some minds.

Bothrops
09-26-2020, 06:55 PM
I would give it some time before we say that. Our offense looks a hell of a lot more attractive right now to a top flight WR. I get LSU is a school he wants to be at. But a 4-6 LSU might change some minds.

I'm gonna have to retract that.

Hambone
09-26-2020, 06:55 PM
If anything, I think today made him him even more solid!

Deion, you know what to do!

KOdawg1
09-26-2020, 06:57 PM
Deion Smith, come on down.

maroonmania
09-26-2020, 07:00 PM
If a WR doesn't want to play in this offense after watching this today then I don't what you can do about it.

ShotgunDawg
09-26-2020, 07:04 PM
Deion Smith, come on down.

For real. Shouldn't take long now

Todd4State
09-27-2020, 03:16 AM
If a WR doesn't want to play in this offense after watching this today then I don't what you can do about it.

No kidding. Do you want to light people in the SEC up or not? Pretty simple.

msstate7
09-27-2020, 07:02 AM
Yeah, yesterday had to be great for our recruiting efforts on both sides of the ball.

Bothrops
09-27-2020, 11:59 AM
Yeah, yesterday had to be great for our recruiting efforts on both sides of the ball.

Agreed. We need to keep at on the field though.

ZedFedder
09-27-2020, 04:27 PM
I know Nabers tweeted a video of him celebrating the score and had MSU gear on. It seems he may have deleted his Twitter though so not sure what that would be about.

msbulldog
09-28-2020, 06:18 AM
Probably catching grief from his homies.

Ifyouonlyknew
09-28-2020, 09:12 AM
It's still up.

https://twitter.com/whyguard13/status/1310002048868515840?s=21

ZedFedder
09-28-2020, 09:39 AM
It's still up.

That is great. I couldn't find his twitter. Should make us feel a little better about that LSU offer.

HailStateSZN19
09-28-2020, 09:48 AM
It's still up.

Niiiccceeeee. Gonna be a battle to hold onto him but this eases some concern for now at least.

Westdawg
09-28-2020, 05:47 PM
IYOK,
- or anyone else -

What are your thoughts on Jeremiah Williams (DT) from Holmes Central? ('21)
Kid is a little short 5'11", but my goodness what a motor ALL GAME LONG. Amazing strength and quickness, and serious game speed. And he plays mean.

Ifyouonlyknew
09-28-2020, 06:48 PM
IYOK,
- or anyone else -

What are your thoughts on Jeremiah Williams (DT) from Holmes Central? ('21)
Kid is a little short 5'11", but my goodness what a motor ALL GAME LONG. Amazing strength and quickness, and serious game speed. And he plays mean.

I think your 5'11" answered your question.

HailStateSZN19
09-28-2020, 07:04 PM
I think your 5'11" answered your question.

IYOK, I’m very reluctant to get my hopes up for flipping Deion & still feel like it won’t happen, but just how big of an impact do you think Saturday had, if any? Do you think it’s going to take an accumulation of lighting it up all season to make him reconsider? Just curious what your thoughts are from Saturday’s performance and it’s effect on recruiting.

BankerDog
09-29-2020, 10:51 AM
Off topic but can someone explain to how the Head Coach at Holmes County Central is able to still attain his job as a head coach and AD while also working as a recruiting analyst for Jackson State? In addition, he is also serving as a UA All American game consultant and helping to run a 7 on 7 team. I would think this would be a big NCAA recruiting violation for Prime. Also, wouldn?t this mean that Jackson State couldn?t recruit his son who is supposedly the number one ranked recruit in the state? Not that I am scared of Jackson State or anything.

Westdawg
09-29-2020, 04:33 PM
Banker,
I saw that earlier today on his twitter feed. I'm not sure how he is able to serve in any capacity - even as a volunteer - for JSU while also a high school coach and a 7v7 coach. A major conflict of interest. Also, I think that could possibly violate his teaching/admin contract at Holmes Central.
Don't get me wrong, I like Marcus and he has done amazing things professionally, but I think he's crossing a line ethically, and possibly more

msbulldog
09-29-2020, 05:11 PM
Name please.

Hambone
09-29-2020, 05:13 PM
Marcus Rogers

KOdawg1
10-01-2020, 04:41 PM
Ole Miss getting crystal balls for both Devin Lee and Jamond Gordon, so there are 2 DTs you can take off the board.

I'm not going to worry about DL recruiting this year, but if we don't start reeling in some of these coveted guys in next year's class, Phelps will need to go elsewhere.

ShotgunDawg
10-01-2020, 05:03 PM
Ole Miss getting crystal balls for both Devin Lee and Jamond Gordon, so there are 2 DTs you can take off the board.

I'm not going to worry about DL recruiting this year, but if we don't start reeling in some of these coveted guys in next year's class, Phelps will need to go elsewhere.

Yeah. Next year is bigger as Crumedy and Pickering are likely here for two more years.

Sucks to lose them but it makes sense when you think about it.

ZedFedder
10-01-2020, 05:18 PM
They very well may go to OM, but both of those CBs were by David Johnson and Yancy Porter.

KOdawg1
10-01-2020, 05:23 PM
They very well may go to OM, but both of those CBs were by David Johnson and Yancy Porter.

David is usually pretty solid in his CBs. Yancy is a tool, but David is informed for the most part. If they're both hearing it, it's likely.

ZedFedder
10-01-2020, 06:28 PM
Jamond Gordon to OM.

Irondawg
10-01-2020, 09:23 PM
Gordon I can see more since I’m betting Adams has some connections with him.

Our DL keeps performing like we did last week and we will start getting more street cred

Cooterpoot
10-01-2020, 09:31 PM
We weren't ever even in it with Gordon. No big deal there. Lee is no superstar. Just what's available in a thin year.

msbulldog
10-02-2020, 06:06 AM
Paul Jones CB'd Lee also.

ZedFedder
10-02-2020, 09:15 AM
According to Steve, we have not pushed for a decision. I hope we can pull Deonte Anderson and Jaden Jones.

KOdawg1
10-02-2020, 09:20 AM
According to Steve, we have not pushed for a decision. I hope we can pull Deonte Anderson and Jaden Jones.
I want Deonte Anderson and Byron Turner. If you can get those guys, you tell Ty Cooper good luck and move on.

ShotgunDawg
10-02-2020, 09:28 PM
Isn't this a change in narrative

https://twitter.com/ESPN3ALLDAY/status/1312173937090916352?s=20

Ifyouonlyknew
10-02-2020, 10:52 PM
Isn't this a change in narrative

https://twitter.com/ESPN3ALLDAY/status/1312173937090916352?s=20

Nope he was up there when Moorhead was here too.

Todd4State
10-04-2020, 02:03 AM
Nope he was up there when Moorhead was here too.

Yep. He's just playing nice trying to drum up business for himself. Espy is no friend of MSU.

Ari Gold
10-06-2020, 08:00 AM
Jaden Jones is who we need the most out of all the DL left.. we are in very good shape there..

ShotgunDawg
10-06-2020, 08:09 AM
Jaden Jones is who we need the most out of all the DL left.. we are in very good shape there..

You like Jaden over Cooper?

Ari Gold
10-06-2020, 08:13 AM
You like Jaden over Cooper?

Yes..
and I think if our staff could only take one of the 2 they would take Jones..

FISHDAWG
10-06-2020, 08:16 AM
so who is this guy? ... Sorry if Germans

https://twitter.com/WilliamsMyzel/status/1313240573038469125

ShotgunDawg
10-06-2020, 08:18 AM

One of our commits

KOdawg1
10-06-2020, 09:40 AM

Hard hitting safety out of Deland, FL; good player

KOdawg1
10-06-2020, 09:41 AM
Yes..
and I think if our staff could only take one of the 2 they would take Jones..

Seems to be trending that way with Jones.

Cooterpoot
10-06-2020, 09:43 AM
Seems to be trending that way with Jones.

We're taking 2

KOdawg1
10-06-2020, 09:47 AM
We're taking 2

I'd like to throw everything we have at Byron Turner, but if we still can't get in the game, I'd like one of those two to be a JUCO DE. Zykeius Strong out of Hutchinson CC in Kansas would be a great get. We need some experienced guys at DE bc Jack Harris and Aaron Odom aren't going to cut it.

Cooterpoot
10-06-2020, 09:54 AM
I'd like to throw everything we have at Byron Turner, but if we still can't get in the game, I'd like one of those two to be a JUCO DE. Zykeius Strong out of Hutchinson CC in Kansas would be a great get. We need some experienced guys at DE bc Jack Harris and Aaron Odom aren't going to cut it.

Turner and Strong are the best options, along with Jones. Don't think Turner is going to flip though. We're pushing hard for Strong. Jones is taking his time and so is Cooper. If we get a commit, someone better jump on that last spot.
But, there may be an additional spot opening up. We need CB help fast! Need a quality transfer bad!

KOdawg1
10-06-2020, 10:03 AM
Turner and Strong are the best options, along with Jones. Don't think Turner is going to flip though. We're pushing hard for Strong. Jones is taking his time and so is Cooper. If we get a commit, someone better jump on that last spot.
But, there may be an additional spot opening up. We need CB help fast! Need a quality transfer bad!

I forgot about Deonte Anderson too. I'd add him up there with Turner and Strong. I really want at least one of those three guys for one of the final two spots.

Uncle Ruckus
10-06-2020, 10:19 AM
^^^^what he said about corner
The JUCO kid who has transferred like 5 times won't be a part of this class. We need to get another JUCO CB or transfer

Bothrops
10-06-2020, 06:54 PM
This sucks. I don’t feel good about CB or DE depth next year.

vv83
10-07-2020, 12:01 AM
Are we still pushing for Kason Boston? I know Ari was high on him

Cooterpoot
10-07-2020, 07:18 AM
Are we still pushing for Kason Boston? I know Ari was high on him

He's behind some players.

HailStateSZN19
10-12-2020, 02:59 PM
Insiders or guys who know, have the last 2 weeks' offensive performances closed the door and ruined any chance with Smith from JA?

We need a game breaker at WR to be elite on offense in the future & he's just that. He's an elite WR.

ShotgunDawg
10-12-2020, 03:05 PM
Insiders or guys who know, have the last 2 weeks' offensive performances closed the door and ruined any chance with Smith from JA?

We need a game breaker at WR to be elite on offense in the future & he's just that. He's an elite WR.

We're throwing the ball 70 times a game.

It's the greatest opportunity ever for a WR and he can come in and start

Cooterpoot
10-12-2020, 03:06 PM
I don't think we pull him Smith. I think that door is still cracked open, but LSU needs WRs too and I think he sees that. We need to hang on to Nabers. That's who I'm worried about.

HailStateSZN19
10-12-2020, 03:09 PM
We're throwing the ball 70 times a game.

It's the greatest opportunity ever for a WR and he can come in and start

I hope he sees it that way. And play for your home state. LSU has lost that "shine" after their year last year and what they've played like this year but they're still throwing it around on offense.

We just need an elite, instant impact WR that can be a game breaker to set this offense off. I like what we have committed a lot but we don't have an elite WR committed and there's one in-state that has been committed to us already. Just wish we'd win that battle.

Hambone
10-12-2020, 03:28 PM
I’m with Cooter, Nabors is such a big part of our potential going forward

msu15
10-21-2020, 12:01 AM
Need this thread to get cranked back up. It looks like we are firing offers out to JC and HS offensive lineman.

ZedFedder
10-21-2020, 08:20 AM
Need this thread to get cranked back up. It looks like we are firing offers out to JC and HS offensive lineman.

The Carson Williams kid from MGCCC (I think) is only a matter of time. We must not be getting Etienne.

ShotgunDawg
10-21-2020, 08:45 AM
The Carson Williams kid from MGCCC (I think) is only a matter of time. We must not be getting Etienne.

Etienne is hell bent on playing LT and we don't have a LT position to offer him. It is what it is.

JUCO recruiting is different from HS recruiting in that many/most HS recruits are attracted to the bright lights and glamour whereas JUCOs tend to make decisions based on playing time, position, and scheme. They're much more concerns about getting on the field immediately in the right system

Bothrops
10-21-2020, 04:45 PM
If we didn't have such a strong instate juco system, we'd be Vanderbilt football.

msu15
10-21-2020, 06:37 PM
If we didn't have such a strong instate juco system, we'd be Vanderbilt football.

Wrong but ok

Todd4State
10-21-2020, 11:29 PM

It's definitely a good resource for MSU. Especially moreso before the transfer portal. There are a lot of diamonds in the roughs in Mississippi especially- I mean apparently Scott Central was loaded a couple of years ago. JUCO is a good place for guys like Martinas Rankin to go and get noticed.

ShotgunDawg
10-24-2020, 12:48 PM
New commit. Flipped him from Texas Tech. Good player with 3 years to play

https://twitter.com/DeshawnPage7/status/1320059070867476483?s=20

Bothrops
10-24-2020, 05:37 PM
New commit. Flipped him from Texas Tech. Good player with 3 years to play

https://twitter.com/DeshawnPage7/status/1320059070867476483?s=20

Hasn't he been getting interest from LSU? This is great get, 3 available years is huge. Much needed player.

ShotgunDawg
10-24-2020, 05:59 PM
Hasn't he been getting interest from LSU? This is great get, 3 available years is huge. Much needed player.

He has been, but he's from Forrest, MS.

Best year ever to get JUCOs with the 3 year deal. He's thumper. Looks a little like Wheat on film

KOdawg1
10-24-2020, 06:28 PM
He has been, but he's from Forrest, MS.

Best year ever to get JUCOs with the 3 year deal. He's thumper. Looks a little like Wheat on film

Page is from Knoxville.

Strong, the other Juco LB commit we have, is from Forest. There's also another Juco OL that we're looking at that's from Forest.

KOdawg1
10-24-2020, 06:33 PM
https://247sports.com/player/jaylin-white-46097494/

This kid is an important need for this class imo. Not gonna say he's a must-have, but Amarion Howard just isn't good. I've seen him play several times this year, and he's not an SEC back. And we can't just go dropping Starkville kids, so we're stuck with him, but I'd like to get White because I think he has the tools to do what we want our RBs to do.

ShotgunDawg
10-24-2020, 07:12 PM
https://247sports.com/player/jaylin-white-46097494/

This kid is an important need for this class imo. Not gonna say he's a must-have, but Amarion Howard just isn't good. I've seen him play several times this year, and he's not an SEC back. And we can't just go dropping Starkville kids, so we're stuck with him, but I'd like to get White because I think he has the tools to do what we want our RBs to do.

Agree

trob115
10-24-2020, 08:00 PM
Howard has been told to look for another landing spot.

ZedFedder
10-24-2020, 08:05 PM
Hopefully we can get Howard to another school because if not we can?t leave him out to dry being a Starkville kid. I?m not sure why Joe ever offered him.

ETA: Do we have a shot with Jaylin White?

KOdawg1
10-24-2020, 08:15 PM
Hopefully we can get Howard to another school because if not we can?t leave him out to dry being a Starkville kid. I?m not sure why Joe ever offered him.

ETA: Do we have a shot with Jaylin White?

We have a shot. I'm not sure how great of a shot it is, but we have a shot.

msstate7
10-25-2020, 07:22 AM
Sitting 27th right now. If we can stay around this area and leach figures out how to attack the 3-8, gotta think he can have some success.

Todd4State
10-25-2020, 04:32 PM
Sitting 27th right now. If we can stay around this area and leach figures out how to attack the 3-8, gotta think he can have some success.

And this is a down year for the state. He will have success because no matter what WR's are going to want touches. And QB's are going to want to throw the ball. Think about it when was the last time we had an out of state four star QB prospect and two four star WR out of state commits? Those are our two biggest trouble spots in recruiting. Leach is going to do fine with that. All he has to do is continue to recruit the other spots at our status quo. Which appears likely. Doing that may actually bump us up a recruiting tier because no way in hell Dan was ever going to get the offensive commits that Leach is.

msu15
10-25-2020, 05:20 PM

And we have an unranked commit so our point total is actually a little higher.

ShotgunDawg
10-25-2020, 05:50 PM
As long as they put a product on the field worth playing for, I think we’ll recruit well with this staff. The WR and QB recruiting should be better than ever and they know how to use the JUCO system in MS.

I haven’t seen the slightest inkling that this staff doesn’t work their ass off in recruiting.