PDA

View Full Version : THE 2020 MSU Football Recruiting Talk Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12

Ifyouonlyknew
08-01-2019, 12:42 PM
Groce was at the cookout this past weekend so I would assume we are actively recruiting him

He's on the board but he couldn't commit right now.

jacksondawg
08-01-2019, 06:59 PM
Brown just flipped to om

KOdawg1
08-01-2019, 07:01 PM
Go get Groce and/or Cooper

Ifyouonlyknew
08-01-2019, 07:18 PM
He's on the board but he couldn't commit right now.

We'll see if this changes now. Although brown is an OLB & Groce MLB.

MetEdDawg
08-01-2019, 07:39 PM
Brown just flipped to om

24/7 has him ranked 23rd in the state. I know he's at a spot of need but is this really a big loss for us? I would imagine Moorhead would be able to fill his spot fairly easily.

KOdawg1
08-01-2019, 07:40 PM
We'll see if this changes now. Although brown is an OLB & Groce MLB.

I like Groce's offer list. Bama, Auburn, OU, Tenn, GT.. Now, I'm sure some of them aren't committable offers, but it's obvious the kid is talented. And from pictures I've seen of him, he looks like a tank.

Wheat will be an OLB, right? That gives us 2 including McDonald. I don't see the problem of getting Groce in the boat to take Brown's spot.

Ifyouonlyknew
08-01-2019, 07:58 PM
I like Groce's offer list. Bama, Auburn, OU, Tenn, GT.. Now, I'm sure some of them aren't committable offers, but it's obvious the kid is talented. And from pictures I've seen of him, he looks like a tank.

Wheat will be an OLB, right? That gives us 2 including McDonald. I don't see the problem of getting Groce in the boat to take Brown's spot.

We're recruiting Wheat for inside but he can play outside.

KOdawg1
08-01-2019, 08:04 PM
We're recruiting Wheat for inside but he can play outside.

Oh okay. I figured he'd be outside since he's transitioning from Safety. He must have put on some weight.

Ifyouonlyknew
08-01-2019, 08:06 PM
Oh okay. I figured he'd be outside since he's transitioning from Safety. He must have put on some weight.

He's around 235. He played last year at 225.

BuckyIsAB****
08-01-2019, 08:14 PM
Im not saying not getting Brown isnt a loss but if I had to pick one I would def take Groce

KOdawg1
08-01-2019, 08:24 PM
Bell is ringing. Got to be Wheat

chef dixon
08-01-2019, 08:29 PM
We pretty much have at least 1 or 2 every year that commit early then change to Ole Miss a couple months later. Whats the point? And rarely happens the other way

KOdawg1
08-01-2019, 08:32 PM
We pretty much have at least 1 or 2 every year that commit early then change to Ole Miss a couple months later. Whats the point? And rarely happens the other way

Ole Miss lives for flipping recruits from us. It literally is what they live for.

It's all about perception to them

msstate7
08-01-2019, 08:33 PM

What happened?

ShotgunDawg
08-01-2019, 08:34 PM

And rarely do the flips turn out to be any good

chef dixon
08-01-2019, 08:39 PM
And rarely do the flips turn out to be any good

True. Dannis Jackson would have been nice to find out ourselves though.

HoopsDawg
08-01-2019, 10:23 PM
Bell is ringing. Got to be Wheat

10 Juco Commits. 8 that will actually sign. 4 from Co-Lin.

msstate7
08-01-2019, 11:13 PM
10 Juco Commits. 8 that will actually sign. 4 from Co-Lin.

Are we done with jucos? Seems that's a big number

Todd4State
08-02-2019, 01:46 AM

This is why I keep saying that we are going to oversign. Not to mention Cole Smith is now in this class as a transfer as well.

Personally I don't mind it as a one time thing because if we didn't we could potentially have a lot of holes in 2020. I think some of them are three year guys as well which is a little bit different than a two year guy.

bulldawg28
08-02-2019, 05:10 AM

Do what you have to to close the gap in 2020. We're losing alot next year. If KT transfers we could end the bowl streak and struggle to win 5 games without immediate help.

KOdawg1
08-02-2019, 06:50 AM
Joe deleted the tweet. Guess the kid wasn't ready to commit just yet.

msstate7
08-02-2019, 06:56 AM
Unless Brown is the placed "flip" that UM loves so much.

Nailed it

Doggie_Style
08-02-2019, 08:38 AM
If Gay and Thompson leave after this year we are left with Watson, Brule and Jett Johnson at LB.......did I miss someone? We really need Wheat in this class.

Doggie_Style
08-02-2019, 08:53 AM
This is why I keep saying that we are going to oversign. Not to mention Cole Smith is now in this class as a transfer as well.

Personally I don't mind it as a one time thing because if we didn't we could potentially have a lot of holes in 2020. I think some of them are three year guys as well which is a little bit different than a two year guy.

Malik Heath 3 tp 2
Davonte McCrea 3 tp 3
Ben Key 3 tp 2
Tre Lawson 2 tp 2
Sebastien Dolcine 2 tp 2
Caleb Ducking 3 tp 2
T. Wheat 3 tp 2
J. Davis 3 tp 2

Only McRae has 3 to play 3. Also the only guys that will RS are Ducking and Key. In two years you have to replace 5 of those.

Ifyouonlyknew
08-02-2019, 09:21 AM
Malik Heath 3 tp 2
Davonte McCrea 3 tp 3
Ben Key 3 tp 2
Tre Lawson 2 tp 2
Sebastien Dolcine 2 tp 2
Caleb Ducking 3 tp 2
T. Wheat 3 tp 2
J. Davis 3 tp 2

Only McRae has 3 to play 3. Also the only guys that will RS are Ducking and Key. In two years you have to replace 5 of those.

I wouldn't bet on Key RS just yet. We only have 11 scholarship Soph on the roster so those 5-6 extra guys in the class helps balance out that class.

Doggie_Style
08-02-2019, 09:55 AM
I wouldn't bet on Key RS just yet. We only have 11 scholarship Soph on the roster so those 5-6 extra guys in the class helps balance out that class.

That's a good point but Key has played so little football that he really needs that RS year IMO

MetEdDawg
08-02-2019, 10:00 AM
Joe deleted the tweet. Guess the kid wasn't ready to commit just yet.

Do we know or have any rumors as to who it was? My guess was Groce or Wheat but I don't know that for a fact.

Ifyouonlyknew
08-02-2019, 10:00 AM
That's a good point but Key has played so little football that he really needs that RS year IMO

I think this season may change your thinking on Key but it's a good option to have.

Lance Harbor
08-02-2019, 10:42 AM
Hahahah...It's kinda laughable how transparent the "flip" is.

Nailed it

KOdawg1
08-02-2019, 10:43 AM
Do we know or have any rumors as to who it was? My guess was Groce or Wheat but I don't know that for a fact.

I would guess Wheat, but who knows. It had been said that he was going to wait to make his decision, but maybe the staff pushed him for a commitment, and he started to but still wasn't ready. As long as we get him in the end, I don't care.

KOdawg1
08-02-2019, 10:44 AM
Hahahah...It's kinda laughable how transparent the "flip" is.

They have one every year. It's what they live for.

Commercecomet24
08-02-2019, 10:48 AM
They have one every year. It's what they live for.

Yep and it's become so predictable it doesn't even cause a stir anymore.

Bothrops
08-02-2019, 01:14 PM
Do what you have to to close the gap in 2020. We're losing alot next year. If KT transfers we could end the bowl streak and struggle to win 5 games without immediate help.

If we lose Key, the next qb steps up.

Scared_Hitless
08-02-2019, 01:15 PM
Just a question, but do we have any shot with McKinley Jackson or is that a pipe dream with his level of interest?

Bothrops
08-02-2019, 01:19 PM
Just a question, but do we have any shot with McKinley Jackson or is that a pipe dream with his level of interest?

We chose Cooley instead. They like him better.

Scared_Hitless
08-02-2019, 01:39 PM
We chose Cooley instead. They like him better.

Interesting thanks for the info. Would it not be a take both situation if presented?

Bothrops
08-02-2019, 02:24 PM
Interesting thanks for the info. Would it not be a take both situation if presented?

I think we are completely done at the DL.

BrunswickDawg
08-02-2019, 02:47 PM
Bell ringing again - Wheat

Lance Harbor
08-02-2019, 04:39 PM
Hot take!

I like how Brown quoted his commitment, he said he is furthering his education and career at MSU. He did not say he is just committing. I know it does not mean much but it shows another level of maturity to me.

chef dixon
08-02-2019, 05:21 PM
Hot take!

Lol nice

maroonmania
08-02-2019, 07:19 PM
Yep and it's become so predictable it doesn't even cause a stir anymore.

Pretty sad days on the plantation when they are having to orchestrate the "flip" using the #23 ranked player in the State.

KOdawg1
08-02-2019, 07:34 PM
Pretty sad days on the plantation when they are having to orchestrate the "flip" using the #23 ranked player in the State.

They won't stop there. They'll pull out all the stops to get Forbes

msstate7
08-02-2019, 07:46 PM

When he committed here, he was considered a stud and a soon-to-be 4-star (see pages in this thread around beginning of June). Now he's 23rd player in the state. This is why I just look at the composite rankings

Dolphus Raymond
08-02-2019, 08:00 PM
I really do not buy the “planted/orchestrated flip” hypothesis, in that it seems to be too much of a high risk-low return ploy. Getting outed would be embarrassing, and depending on a 17 year old high school boy is a risky proposition.

FriarsPoint
08-02-2019, 08:48 PM
I really do not buy the “planted/orchestrated flip” hypothesis, in that it seems to be too much of a high risk-low return ploy. Getting outed would be embarrassing, and depending on a 17 year old high school boy is a risky proposition.

It’s not risky if you stack the deck. I have no idea what went on in this particular instance, I’m just going on past experience.

BuckyIsAB****
08-02-2019, 08:55 PM
Brown is going to be a good player no spinning that in my eyes. But Moorhead is still winning the recruiting battle in this class and its not really close

KOdawg1
08-02-2019, 09:24 PM
When he committed here, he was considered a stud and a soon-to-be 4-star (see pages in this thread around beginning of June). Now he's 23rd player in the state. This is why I just look at the composite rankings

Look at 247sports actual ratings. Composite includes ESPN who doesn't have a clue outside of the top prospects

Ari Gold
08-02-2019, 10:07 PM
Huge pull with Wheat . Starter day 1 he gets on campus ..

maroonmania
08-02-2019, 10:07 PM
Brown is going to be a good player no spinning that in my eyes. But Moorhead is still winning the recruiting battle in this class and its not really close

Brown may end up being a quality player in the SEC, who knows. My only point was he is not the level of recruit that is going to turn any heads when flipping from MSU to OM. If OM or Brown were looking for a splash from a "flip", they are lucky to get a ripple on this one.

Commercecomet24
08-03-2019, 03:21 AM
Brown may end up being a quality player in the SEC, who knows. My only point was he is not the level of recruit that is going to turn any heads when flipping from MSU to OM. If OM or Brown were looking for a splash from a "flip", they are lucky to get a ripple on this one.

om has done this "flip" so often it's lost it's dramatic effect for them. Everyone expects it now. Like you said barely a ripple.

timotheus
08-03-2019, 07:25 AM
He need a RS year and mite see regular action by his RS junior year. By then McEntyre will be gone so there is no telling what will go down.

ShotgunDawg
08-03-2019, 07:35 AM
To me this JUCO vs HS recruiting thing is similar to the question in the baseball draft between HS and college players: HS players offer ceiling to dream on while also having a floor of never making the Major Leagues while college players may have less to dream on but have a much higher percentage chance of contributing.

So that brings me to my point. I like adding these JUCOs because they are way less risky than the HS kids. Most Everyone of these JUCOs we are signing will contribute to winning on the field while only a few of the HS kids will. Look back at Dandy Donzens and our previous classes. It's clear

Yes, it's fun to think about that project HS kid and dream that he could turn into a stud due to his measurables but the truth is that there is about an 80+% chance he's gonna suck and never contribute. Sure, if you can sign 4/5 star HS kids that have a much higher floor, then you should, but give me JUCOs that will contribute over taking fliers and chances on dudes that won't likely ever play.

We're about to have less dead weight on our roster than we've ever had.

msstate7
08-03-2019, 07:44 AM
Delete

Ifyouonlyknew
08-03-2019, 11:55 AM
He need a RS year and mite see regular action by his RS junior year. By then McEntyre will be gone so there is no telling what will go down.

He'll play as a RS freshman.

timotheus
08-03-2019, 12:43 PM
Will he grasp the mental part that quickly? I am aware of his his physical skill to a degree.

Ifyouonlyknew
08-03-2019, 01:33 PM
Will he grasp the mental part that quickly? I am aware of his his physical skill to a degree.

He'll be fine

Todd4State
08-03-2019, 02:36 PM
To me this JUCO vs HS recruiting thing is similar to the question in the baseball draft between HS and college players: HS players offer ceiling to dream on while also having a floor of never making the Major Leagues while college players may have less to dream on but have a much higher percentage chance of contributing.

So that brings me to my point. I like adding these JUCOs because they are way less risky than the HS kids. Most Everyone of these JUCOs we are signing will contribute to winning on the field while only a few of the HS kids will. Look back at Dandy Donzens and our previous classes. It's clear

Yes, it's fun to think about that project HS kid and dream that he could turn into a stud due to his measurables but the truth is that there is about an 80+% chance he's gonna suck and never contribute. Sure, if you can sign 4/5 star HS kids that have a much higher floor, then you should, but give me JUCOs that will contribute over taking fliers and chances on dudes that won't likely ever play.

We're about to have less dead weight on our roster than we've ever had.

Our biggest issue isn't guys developing. It's not filling every position group in recruiting causing us to backfill with JUCO's.

MetEdDawg
08-03-2019, 03:14 PM
Our biggest issue isn't guys developing. It's not filling every position group in recruiting causing us to backfill with JUCO's.

This. Mullen did a great job finding guys. But he didn't find enough and we constantly had position groups that were weak. Most every year WR was an issue. CBs were issues at times. OL and depth were issues. 2014 was the only year where you didn't look at the team and see a glaring weakness.

That to me is the biggest thing Moorhead can do to change the perception. It's one thing for us to have a class ranked 27 or 28. But you can't sign 5 corners in one class and call that a success because you have depth issues there. That ultimately leads to future depth issues if 20% of your signing class is at 1 position. Moorhead is juco recruiting this year out of necessity but hopefully he can not only get the ranking higher by finding quality talent, but limit the positional holes on the team.

It's one thing to have a hole. But if you've got 2 or 3 you can't compete in the SEC at a decent level. We have some unknowns for sure this year. But I think Moorhead has done a good job in 2 classes of setting us to not have holes in the future. RB will be a question mark but he's addressed that in this class. He's done a good job of balancing needs and getting solid talent so far.
When

Bothrops
08-03-2019, 05:41 PM
Mullen's job shopping stymied his recruiting. At the same time, it made his efforts to secure commits difficult .

HoopsDawg
08-03-2019, 08:40 PM

composite rankings lost most of their value when Scout and 247 merged.

msstate7
08-03-2019, 08:45 PM

I'm not saying they're accurate, but I trust them more than message boards. Guys are studs when they commit to us, and not that good when they decommit. Too much emotion goes in to how good a player is on a message board

Todd4State
08-03-2019, 10:36 PM
I'm not saying they're accurate, but I trust them more than message boards. Guys are studs when they commit to us, and not that good when they decommit. Too much emotion goes in to how good a player is on a message board

You consistently put too much trust in the wrong things. Which shows how bad your arguments are-because you only pick what you want that fits your narrative.

Todd4State
08-03-2019, 10:37 PM

Exactly. I'm not sure why 24/7 even bothers with it.

maroonmania
08-03-2019, 10:42 PM

Agree, at this point the 24/7 ranking is better than the composite given the other 2 sources are now Rivals and ESPN which are both very unreliable.

KOdawg1
08-03-2019, 10:56 PM
So moving forward..

We don't have much room left. Maybe a spot or two if it's someone you absolutely can't turn down. I don't think Patterson (processed) or Anderson-Butts (re-classified) will end up in the class, which will drop our JUCO number to 8 (for those who have gotten in a frenzy about it). This will also open up a couple of more spots. We'll probably look for another OLB, and I think Edgerrin Cooper will be the main target there. Who knows if we can flip him from OU though. Are there any other OLB targets out there? I don't see many

Then I guess we'll target Alex Adams and Jaden Walley as WRs, but other than that, I'm not sure what the next move would be, if any.
Ari or IYOK, are there any other guys we might pursue?

Homedawg
08-03-2019, 11:23 PM
So moving forward..

We don't have much room left. Maybe a spot or two if it's someone you absolutely can't turn down. I don't think Patterson (processed) or Anderson-Butts (re-classified) will end up in the class, which will drop our JUCO number to 8 (for those who have gotten in a frenzy about it). This will also open up a couple of more spots. We'll probably look for another OLB, and I think Edgerrin Cooper will be the main target there. Who knows if we can flip him from OU though. Are there any other OLB targets out there? I don't see many

Then I guess we'll target Alex Adams and Jaden Walley as WRs, but other than that, I'm not sure what the next move would be, if any.

We have more than a spot or two. Several won't be in this class.

BuckyIsAB****
08-03-2019, 11:35 PM
So moving forward..

Im assuming a spot will be saved for Parks and Groce

KOdawg1
08-03-2019, 11:52 PM
Im assuming a spot will be saved for Parks and Groce

I had thought about Groce. It would be great if we could get in the game with Parks, but we need to get him down here.

Todd4State
08-04-2019, 02:12 AM
So moving forward..

I'm sure we'll still go after Adams and at least one more OL. I wonder if we will "place" Montra Edwards at Co-Lin? LB seems to be an area of need as well. One interesting thing to me was an interview I saw with Malik Heath where he said that he was going to try to convince Kundarrious Taylor to join the Co-Lin guys at MSU. Not sure how the coaches feel about that however.

Patterson is really interesting to me. Apparently he is at Hinds now but no one knew about except likely our coaches and all of the "experts" thought he was just not in school and slacking around. Pretty odd situation obviously.

Jarius
08-04-2019, 02:56 AM

Because it is a marketing tool. Before the composite everyone that talked about recruiting on tv used different ranking services to show where each player was ranked. Now, every time you see a recruiting show on tv they talk about where the player was ranked on the 247 composite. It is universally used. That’s great publicity for 247. I agree that their rankings are the best but from a business standpoint they aren’t going away from the composite.

Ari Gold
08-04-2019, 08:41 AM
So moving forward..

Numbers will work themselves out..

ScoobaDawg
08-04-2019, 01:18 PM
not sure why locked. open. so yall can continue to freak out about anything and everything.

No BS Dawg
08-04-2019, 03:34 PM
Thanks, Scooba! I was freaking out because I didn't have anything to freak out about!*****

msstate7
08-04-2019, 08:07 PM
Yancy CB'd forbes to OM. Yancy being yancy or a legit concern?

Ari Gold
08-04-2019, 10:04 PM
Yancy CB'd forbes to OM. Yancy being yancy or a legit concern?

Forbes won’t be settled until signing day.. no matter what happens between now and then.
Saying that I had rather be us then them right now.

Doggie_Style
08-05-2019, 08:51 AM
Forbes won?t be settled until signing day.. no matter what happens between now and then.

I'm not sure we can wait that long. With Forbes being a lifelong OM fan, we have a high hill to climb to win that battle. I think Joe will press the issue with him so that we will have time to get someone else in the boat before signing day in 4 months.

msstate7
08-05-2019, 08:56 AM
Are we recruiting Jarquez Hunter for next year? He's a neshoba central kid, so I hope he's good enough to get an offer from us. I'll see he and Forbes game 1 in a few weeks

Pipedream
08-05-2019, 09:36 AM

Everyone takes a dump on the composite (and Rivals and ESPN by association), but if you look at where they ranked guys on our current roster-Rivals has 1 less 4* than 247 and ESPN has 7 MORE 4*s than 247 had ranked. I'm not saying those two services are good or bad at what they do, but if 247 is considered the gold standard, which I agree with, then Rivals isn't far off, and ESPN has been more favorable towards State commits than any other network. I like the composite. I think it gives the most objective view. Why wouldn't you want more data on these prospects? I've never understood the angst towards it. It's all because of the little brother syndrome some State fans have towards OM and them finishing with a higher class last year and being ahead this year.

Ifyouonlyknew
08-05-2019, 11:30 AM
Are we recruiting Jarquez Hunter for next year? He's a neshoba central kid, so I hope he's good enough to get an offer from us. I'll see he and Forbes game 1 in a few weeks

I'm sure we'll offer & im almost 100% sure he won't be at MSU.

BuckyIsAB****
08-05-2019, 12:12 PM
Everyone takes a dump on the composite (and Rivals and ESPN by association), but if you look at where they ranked guys on our current roster-Rivals has 1 less 4* than 247 and ESPN has 7 MORE 4*s than 247 had ranked. I'm not saying those two services are good or bad at what they do, but if 247 is considered the gold standard, which I agree with, then Rivals isn't far off, and ESPN has been more favorable towards State commits than any other network. I like the composite. I think it gives the most objective view. Why wouldn't you want more data on these prospects? I've never understood the angst towards it. It's all because of the little brother syndrome some State fans have towards OM and them finishing with a higher class last year and being ahead this year.

5 page argument in 3 2 1

msu15
08-05-2019, 12:43 PM
I'm sure we'll offer & im almost 100% sure he won't be at MSU.

Staying with his red & blue colors?

KOdawg1
08-05-2019, 12:55 PM

I think he goes out of state. He's that good

KOdawg1
08-05-2019, 01:01 PM
Since things are quiet for now on the 2020 front and we're already talking about 2021, between Luke Altmyer and Ty Keyes, which is the most talented and fits our offense better? Just by watching their film, Keyes looks like the more athletic of the two even though he has a good arm too, and Luke seems to be the prototypical Pro-style QB. Both have legit SEC offers, and I was just wondering which one we prefer

msstate7
08-05-2019, 01:05 PM

Let's hope not

BuckyIsAB****
08-05-2019, 01:09 PM
Since things are quiet for now on the 2020 front and we're already talking about 2021, between Luke Altmyer and Ty Keyes, which is the most talented and fits our offense better? Just by watching their film, Keyes looks like the more athletic of the two even though he has a good arm too, and Luke seems to be the prototypical Pro-style QB. Both have legit SEC offers, and I was just wondering which one we prefer

I havent been that impressed by Altmyer but he has another year or two to convince me. Keyes plays in 2A but he is vastly more talented in my eyes. Taylorsville runs a 6A offense as well they sling it around the yard with several different concepts so he is no mental slouch either.

KOdawg1
08-05-2019, 01:14 PM
I havent been that impressed by Altmyer but he has another year or two to convince me. Keyes plays in 2A but he is vastly more talented in my eyes. Taylorsville runs a 6A offense as well they sling it around the yard with several different concepts so he is no mental slouch either.

Yeah, I really liked watching Keyes play, but I had to remember that he's facing 2A competition. Both are listed around 6' or 6'1", which is a little short for my liking, but we've seen short QBs like Trace McSorely succeed in Joe's offense in the past, so it shouldn't be that big of a deal.

Pipedream
08-05-2019, 01:26 PM
5 page argument in 3 2 1

I'd hate to have to come to an internet message board and actually discuss things. For instance, who would wanna talk about recruiting in a recruiting thread. Just seems stupid. ***

msstate7
08-05-2019, 01:47 PM
I'd hate to have to come to an internet message board and actually discuss things. For instance, who would wanna talk about recruiting in a recruiting thread. Just seems stupid. ***

I think some of us have vastly different ideas of what should be included in this thread. I'm open to anything recruiting wise... star ratings, # of stars needed to compete, and even other schools' classes. Some just want to know if billy joe is visiting this weekend, and if we'll get him.

bulldawg28
08-05-2019, 02:23 PM
I think some of us have vastly different ideas of what should be included in this thread. I'm open to anything recruiting wise... star ratings, # of stars needed to compete, and even other schools' classes. Some just want to know if billy joe is visiting this weekend, and if we'll get him.

Billy Joe is hell on wheels! We need him!

BrunswickDawg
08-05-2019, 02:28 PM
Billy Joe is hell on wheels! We need him!

Well he did shoot a man while robbing his castle. Then he had to chase down Bobby Sue, since she took the money and ran, and caught up to her the very next day. Must be a helluva running back, since he's still running today....

sscjr1
08-05-2019, 02:37 PM
Well he did shoot a man while robbing his castle. Then he had to chase down Bobby Sue, since she took the money and ran, and caught up to her the very next day. Must be a helluva running back, since he's still running today....

Was that before or after he jumped off the Tallahatchie bridge?

BrunswickDawg
08-05-2019, 03:30 PM
Was that before or after he jumped off the Tallahatchie bridge?

It was after. Which makes all the more impressive.

bulldawg28
08-05-2019, 04:33 PM
It was after. Which makes all the more impressive.

Lol..well played!

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
08-05-2019, 04:47 PM
I think he goes out of state. He's that good

Wonder if that will ever change.

msstate7
08-05-2019, 04:50 PM

Paging shotgun

ShotgunDawg
08-05-2019, 08:06 PM

Not until our alumni in MS decide it’s unacceptable to lose these guys.

We’re literally relegated to 3rd or lower in the West until that happens

BuckyIsAB****
08-05-2019, 08:25 PM

Oh I understand that but to bring up a non existent little brother syndrome over recruiting I figured for sure it would start one. I am wrong so far

Ifyouonlyknew
08-05-2019, 08:40 PM

If only that was all it took.

Jarius
08-06-2019, 01:26 AM

If boosters in Philadelphia, MS can't get a kid to go to either State or OM, it simply isn't in the cards. Hell they got CJ Johnson to go to Ole Miss after they ripped a lanyard off his ass and told him to sit TF down during the Egg Bowl. Some kids just want to go elsewhere, and if they are good enough our boosters won't be the only ones offering.

msbulldog
08-06-2019, 06:11 AM

Now that's funny! You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to BrunswickDawg again.

Ifyouonlyknew
08-06-2019, 09:34 AM
If boosters in Philadelphia, MS can't get a kid to go to either State or OM, it simply isn't in the cards. Hell they got CJ Johnson to go to Ole Miss after they ripped a lanyard off his ass and told him to sit TF down during the Egg Bowl. Some kids just want to go elsewhere, and if they are good enough our boosters won't be the only ones offering.

Jarquez is a great kid & a great player but the closest people in his life aren't MSU fans to say the least.

Ifyouonlyknew
08-06-2019, 09:34 AM
I know this is the 2020 recruiting thread but some big 2021 news should be going down later this week.

yjnkdawg
08-06-2019, 09:57 AM
I know this is the 2020 recruiting thread but some big 2021 news should be going down later this week.

Anything you want to post on here is fine with me, IYOK. You always bring pertinent information on any post you make. I imagine that many others will agree.

BankerDog
08-06-2019, 10:19 AM
We get Quincy Brown to go along with Smith with a good chance of getting Hartman..that will be our greatest WR haul in history. I love the way Joe is recruiting.

Ifyouonlyknew
08-06-2019, 10:32 AM
We get Quincy Brown to go along with Smith with a good chance of getting Hartman..that will be our greatest WR haul in history. I love the way Joe is recruiting.

Hartman?

KOdawg1
08-06-2019, 10:55 AM
Hartman?
Think he means Harmon. I don't get a good vibe with him right now. Still a long ways until next year, but right now, I think Ole Miss has the edge.

KOdawg1
08-06-2019, 10:58 AM
Quincy Brown would be HUGE. Next year's WR class is legit, and we should get our fair share

Ifyouonlyknew
08-06-2019, 11:05 AM
Think he means Harmon. I don't get a good vibe with him right now. Still a long ways until next year, but right now, I think Ole Miss has the edge.

Oh ok yea you're probably right. For the record I think Harmon ends up a Flex TE.

KOdawg1
08-06-2019, 11:36 AM
Oh ok yea you're probably right. For the record I think Harmon ends up a Flex TE.

I do too.

I will say that if Jacob Peeler were to leave OM, our chances of getting Harmon would increase. Peeler is also from Kosciusko and is a hell of a recruiter. I wish we could get him on our staff.

BankerDog
08-06-2019, 01:08 PM

That?s the name. Next year?s in-state WR Corp is ridiculous

Ifyouonlyknew
08-06-2019, 02:37 PM
That?s the name. Next year?s in-state WR Corp is ridiculous

Yes it is very good.

Bothrops
08-06-2019, 03:12 PM
Quincy Brown would be HUGE. Next year's WR class is legit, and we should get our fair share

It would be, but what about LSU?

Ifyouonlyknew
08-06-2019, 03:36 PM

LSU can't sign every good player from Louisiana.

KOdawg1
08-06-2019, 03:51 PM

They have a few guys higher on their board than Brown I believe.

Out of the top 10 2021 players in Louisiana, 6 are WRs. They can't take them all.

jacksondawg
08-06-2019, 04:07 PM
Louisiana has a solid crop of wr as well especially in the New Orleans area

msbulldog
08-06-2019, 05:35 PM
We're going too have a great crop of WR's too. LSU and others will be heavy in Louisiana and here. I think we have a good chance at Brown, since his good friend is our Quinten Torbor. We should be able to get him on campus a lot visiting his buddy.

Turfdawg67
08-06-2019, 05:43 PM
Forbes won?t be settled until signing day.. no matter what happens between now and then.

Beer talking... NVMD

Turfdawg67
08-06-2019, 05:47 PM

Post away!!

BuckyIsAB****
08-06-2019, 09:29 PM
I do too.

I will say that if Jacob Peeler were to leave OM, our chances of getting Harmon would increase. Peeler is also from Kosciusko and is a hell of a recruiter. I wish we could get him on our staff.

You and me both.

ZedFedder
08-08-2019, 02:27 PM
247 released their first rankings (top 100) of the 2022 class. Two MS athletes on there at #8 (Khamauri Rogers) and #81 (Jaheim Oatis). Also, Ty Simpson is #57 whose dad played here. I know we are recruiting him hard.

BankerDog
08-08-2019, 04:00 PM
Shazz Preston also made that 2022 list. His brother, Shawn, plays here. Shawn will be big time eventually but Shazz is big time now.

Ifyouonlyknew
08-08-2019, 04:18 PM
Shazz Preston also made that 2022 list. His brother, Shawn, plays here. Shawn will be big time eventually but Shazz is big time now.

I expect Shazz to end up at LSU.

NickoeWatersHedges
08-10-2019, 03:18 PM
Mckinnley Jackson released his top 5 and we aren't in it. I have followed his process from a distance but I wonder with our track record of DLineman why we cant even get him on campus? Lucedale is closer to Starkville than Oxford. Is there a reason for absolutely zero intrigue from him?

Todd4State
08-10-2019, 03:21 PM
Mckinnley Jackson released his top 5 and we aren't in it. I have followed his process from a distance but I wonder with our track record of DLineman why we cant even get him on campus? Lucedale is closer to Starkville than Oxford. Is there a reason for absolutely zero intrigue from him?

I think it's because we have zero intrigue in him.

1bigdawg
08-10-2019, 03:30 PM
Everyone asks about McKinley Jackson, but what about Josiah Hayes. Did either party ever have an interest?

ShotgunDawg
08-10-2019, 03:41 PM

He?s really backed up. Not worth the hassle. Our commit from Waynesboro is the best DL in Mississippi

I?m not totally sure he has a commitable offer from 4 of the 5 schools he listed

msstate7
08-10-2019, 03:55 PM
He?s really backed up. Not worth the hassle. Our commit from Waynesboro is the best DL in Mississippi

I?m not totally sure he has a commitable offer from 4 of the 5 schools he listed

Ok. Sure he's rated #1 by 247 and composite in Mississippi, but sure, our guy is better even though he's #19 in state by 247 and #28 composite. Now you bitch about recruiting rankings, but throw em out the window here... which is it? Do you trust em or are you a homer?

ShotgunDawg
08-10-2019, 03:58 PM
Ok. Sure he's rated #1 by 247 and composite in Mississippi, but sure, our guy is better even though he's #19 in state by 247 and #28 composite. Now you bitch about recruiting rankings, but throw em out the window here... which is it? Do you trust em or are you a homer?

I trust them more after their SR season. We’ll see where they both end up

msstate7
08-10-2019, 04:01 PM
I trust them more after their SR season. We’ll see where they both end up

I haven't saw either guy play, so I'm not saying you're wrong. I just hate it when we want the 4-stars as rated, and complain when we don't get them, but also completely throw the ratings out sometimes.

ShotgunDawg
08-10-2019, 04:05 PM
I haven't saw either guy play, so I'm not saying you're wrong. I just hate it when we want the 4-stars as rated, and complain when we don't get them, but also completely throw the ratings out sometimes.

Cooley is currently ranked an 85 and Jackson is a 94. My guess is that ends up around a 90 and Cooley an 89 or so

msstate7
08-10-2019, 04:05 PM
For the record, I'll go with the higher rated composite guy every time. Sure, I'll be wrong more than once, but I think over the long haul, I'll be right

KOdawg1
08-10-2019, 04:19 PM
For the record, I'll go with the higher rated composite guy every time. Sure, I'll be wrong more than once, but I think over the long haul, I'll be right
Jackson was ranked very high at first because he was simply bigger than everyone else he played against. Then, everyone caught up with him. He's also shown up to some camps out of shape, which has caused his ranking to drop. I'm not saying you're wrong about getting higher ranked guys, or that Cooley is better than him. But our staff has not really pushed for him. Do with that what you will

BuckyIsAB****
08-10-2019, 05:12 PM

He will got to Alabama or LSU and be stud. He is on a dead team right now and plays when he wants too. He is allowed to be lazy at GC. But when he decides he wants to play he is the best DL in the state. Extremely disruptive

BuckyIsAB****
08-10-2019, 05:13 PM

You know how I feel about recruiting rankings, they are extremely flawed BUT, I think this is a case where you will be right. I dont know enough about Cooley to say anything but Jackson is legit when he wants to play. If he was at a better program this wouldnt even be a discussion.

Cooterpoot
08-10-2019, 05:15 PM
Jackson has some issues. Not saying he?s not talented. Cooley will be a NFL draft pick.

BankerDog
08-10-2019, 05:23 PM
You know how I feel about recruiting rankings, they are extremely flawed BUT, I think this is a case where you will be right. I dont know enough about Cooley to say anything but Jackson is legit when he wants to play. If he was at a better program this wouldnt even be a discussion.

Quay and Nick James both had talent when they wanted to play but it was harder for the coaches to get them to play. He won?t be at Bama or LSU. His daddy blew those chances. He?ll go to Ole Miss and won?t live up to the billing that they?ll promote.

The only DL over the last ten years I wish we could?ve gotten that went to OM was Benito Jones. And we could?ve had him.

msbulldog
08-10-2019, 05:40 PM
If our coaches wanted Jackson they would be recruiting him harder!

Todd4State
08-10-2019, 08:03 PM
Quay and Nick James both had talent when they wanted to play but it was harder for the coaches to get them to play. He won?t be at Bama or LSU. His daddy blew those chances. He?ll go to Ole Miss and won?t live up to the billing that they?ll promote.

The only DL over the last ten years I wish we could?ve gotten that went to OM was Benito Jones. And we could?ve had him.

That's pretty much how it's going to go down.

Todd4State
08-10-2019, 08:05 PM
Everyone asks about McKinley Jackson, but what about Josiah Hayes. Did either party ever have an interest?

I don't believe so. Hayes is better than Jackson FWIW.

I like our d-line class with Banks and Cooley. Especially when you pair them with the guys we got last year in Russell and Pickering.

Todd4State
08-10-2019, 08:06 PM

Over the long haul yes- but not in this situation.

Ifyouonlyknew
08-10-2019, 08:50 PM
He will got to Alabama or LSU and be stud. He is on a dead team right now and plays when he wants too. He is allowed to be lazy at GC. But when he decides he wants to play he is the best DL in the state. Extremely disruptive

Hes not a take for Bama or LSU. I think it's OM or Auburn & A&M the dark horse.

Bothrops
08-10-2019, 09:54 PM
Ok. Sure he's rated #1 by 247 and composite in Mississippi, but sure, our guy is better even though he's #19 in state by 247 and #28 composite.

You don't really believe that's legit do you?

msstate7
08-10-2019, 09:59 PM
You don't really believe that's legit do you?

No idea. If a guy is #1 consensus player in a state, I have no reason to not believe it though

Homedawg
08-10-2019, 11:31 PM

Bama won't take that guy. Way better options.

Bothrops
08-11-2019, 12:41 AM
No idea. If a guy is #1 consensus player in a state, I have no reason to not believe it though

Cooley at #19 in the state was what I was referring to. Dandy Dozen player.

msstate7
08-11-2019, 07:01 AM
Cooley at #19 in the state was what I was referring to. Dandy Dozen player.

Shotgun said Cooley was better than Jackson. That's why I mentioned rankings bc of the huge disparity. Sorta like saying we're (preseason 20ish) better than Clemson (preseason #1).

MetEdDawg
08-11-2019, 07:10 AM
Wasn't Jackson #12 on the Dandy Dozen list? He's not the best player in the state. 24/7 has a lot of changes to make to the MS rankings over the next few months.

msstate7
08-11-2019, 07:13 AM
Wasn't Jackson #12 on the Dandy Dozen list? He's not the best player in the state. 24/7 has a lot of changes to make to the MS rankings over the next few months.

Dandy dozen isn't a ranking of the 12... just the best 12 according to them

Cooterpoot
08-11-2019, 09:38 AM
Jackson isnt the top player in MS and it’s a down year in MS. If it were a strong year in MS, he’d be middle of the pack anyway. He’s living on his ranking from a couple years ago when he was better than others. He hasn’t gotten better.

BuckyIsAB****
08-11-2019, 11:44 AM

Im not plugged into his recruiting Im just saying its very obvious that he plays hard when he feels like it. If he was at Oak Grove or Petal instead of George County everyone would want him.

He may have issues, I know that at pre game while the rest of his team was warming up he came out of the locker room and got dressed on the sidelines when and how he felt like it, didnt go thru any pregame then stepped out and started at game time. I knew then he was probably an issue but he is a big time talent.

HoopsDawg
08-11-2019, 01:07 PM
Im not plugged into his recruiting Im just saying its very obvious that he plays hard when he feels like it. If he was at Oak Grove or Petal instead of George County everyone would want him.

He may have issues, I know that at pre game while the rest of his team was warming up he came out of the locker room and got dressed on the sidelines when and how he felt like it, didnt go thru any pregame then stepped out and started at game time. I knew then he was probably an issue but he is a big time talent.

If that's his attitude, he will never make it.

BuckyIsAB****
08-11-2019, 02:02 PM
If that's his attitude, he will never make it.

He has been allowed to do that. That wont fly no matter where he goes in college bc he wont be the big fish anymore

msu15
08-11-2019, 11:02 PM
Sounds like he’s Quay Evans 2.0

BuckyIsAB****
08-11-2019, 11:45 PM

In my opinion that is false

BuckyIsAB****
08-11-2019, 11:46 PM
Jackson isnt the top player in MS and it’s a down year in MS. If it were a strong year in MS, he’d be middle of the pack anyway. He’s living on his ranking from a couple years ago when he was better than others. He hasn’t gotten better.

Down year compared to a historically great year maybe but there are plenty of good football players this cycle. I think the down year thing is coming from guys putting way too much stock into what the ''experts' on rivals and scout tell them

Todd4State
08-12-2019, 01:05 AM

When literally everyone on multiple boards are all saying the same thing including some who actually have coached against the kid are saying the same things- I'm going to believe them over a web site that seems have no clue that Mississippi even has high school football 75% of the time.

The only reason Ole Miss is going after him is for his star ranking to try to build the perception that they are out recruiting us. If they're honest.

When 24/7 figures out that Mississippi has high school football around November and actually re-does their evaluations maybe then you'll "believe" it. As of now it simply fits your narrative until then.

Todd4State
08-12-2019, 01:10 AM
Down year compared to a historically great year maybe but there are plenty of good football players this cycle. I think the down year thing is coming from guys putting way too much stock into what the ''experts' on rivals and scout tell them

I agree 100%. The thing about Mississippi is because these web sites don't pay much attention to the state other than the seniors outside of a few exceptions like a Cam Akers or a McKinley Jackson most of the better players are relatively "unknown" and it makes it appear as if most classes are "down" initially when in reality it's probably a typical year when the end of the year rolls around. See Chris Jones. See Cooley and Janari Dean this year. Both have a good chance to be four stars by the end of the year. Or should be. Among others.

Jarius
08-12-2019, 01:34 AM

Well he hasn't murdered anyone yet so he's got that going for him.

msu15
08-12-2019, 08:51 AM
Well he hasn't murdered anyone yet so he's got that going for him.

Ouch

sscjr1
08-12-2019, 11:30 AM
Quincy Brown is in the boat!!!!
https://247sports.com/player/quincy-brown-46055396/
Class of 2021

msstate7
08-12-2019, 11:31 AM

Damn, nice get joe

bostondawg
08-12-2019, 11:51 AM
Class of 2021

Damn, JoMo. Impressive.

KOdawg1
08-12-2019, 11:57 AM
Huge. Keep stacking 4 star receivers, and eventually, they'll start panning out. Good job by Joe for addressing a weakness we've had in recent years.

Tulu Griffin - 4*
Malik Heath - 4*
Deion Smith - 4*
Quincy Brown - 4*

Doggie_Style
08-12-2019, 12:02 PM
Class of 2021

Hail Yea......I like the fact that Quincy is friends with Quinton Torber. Nice job by Moorhead.

msbulldog
08-12-2019, 12:11 PM
CJM is light years ahead of CDM in recruiting! Man I can't believe we're snagging these kind of quality players.

KOdawg1
08-12-2019, 12:13 PM
CJM is light years ahead of CDM in recruiting! Man I can't believe we're snagging these kind of quality players.
Argument this board has seen 150x begins in 5..4..3..2..1..

1bigdawg
08-12-2019, 12:31 PM

JoeMO is a great recruiter, but we also have a wide receiver coach who is a great recruiter. We did not have that last year and it hurt us, no matter how good Joe is at recruiting. It is always a crap shoot when you hire a guy whose main experience is in the pros.

PMDawg
08-12-2019, 01:27 PM
Class of 2021

Sweet! In b4 "oh no he's from Louisiana, I hope he sticks!"

Bothrops
08-12-2019, 02:04 PM

Just imagine what our WR classes would look like for both '20 and '21 if Dan was still here..

Cooterpoot
08-12-2019, 04:27 PM

Well, he’s not a take for LSU, so we’re safe.

msbulldog
08-12-2019, 05:50 PM
Well, he’s not a take for LSU, so we’re safe.

Coot I'm afraid the shrimp boat captain will go after him just to keep him from us. I'm sure he hasn't forgotten where his last game as HC for Mississippi was.

msu15
08-12-2019, 05:58 PM
Coot I'm afraid the shrimp boat captain will go after him just to keep him from us. I'm sure he hasn't forgotten where his last game as HC for Mississippi was.

Hell he’s 0-3(about to be 0-4) as a head coach in Starkville

Todd4State
08-12-2019, 09:21 PM
Just imagine what our WR classes would look like for both '20 and '21 if Dan was still here..

They would probably be so short we wouldn't even see them on the field.**

Todd4State
08-12-2019, 09:22 PM

Meh. He ended up MUCH better after that loss. Getting out of Oxford was probably a blessing for him.

Lord McBuckethead
08-13-2019, 07:07 AM

But man, he is from LA. Hope he sticks.**

StateDawg44
08-13-2019, 08:11 AM
Meh. He ended up MUCH better after that loss. Getting out of Oxford was probably a blessing for him.

Probably? That's a no doubter.

ZedFedder
08-13-2019, 12:36 PM
Montra Edwards committed to Missouri.

KOdawg1
08-13-2019, 12:39 PM
Huh. I would've guessed Ole Miss, but good for him

vv83
08-13-2019, 12:41 PM
So who is left for us this year? I figure we're about done but wondering if we're in it for any more big names we'd make room for. Hate we can't get any traction with Hayes

msu15
08-13-2019, 01:37 PM

Wish we could've had room for him but that's the business

Cooterpoot
08-13-2019, 01:39 PM
Wouldn’t be surprised if Edwards and Q. Brown both end up Juco.

Doggie_Style
08-13-2019, 01:47 PM
Wouldn?t be surprised if Edwards and Q. Brown both end up Juco.

So yea Brown will exhaust his eligibility to play HS football after this, his JR season. It does sound like he has some classroom work to do to be eligible so what does he do in the fall of 2020? Someone mentioned 'prep school'.

Ifyouonlyknew
08-13-2019, 02:28 PM
So yea Brown will exhaust his eligibility to play HS football after this, his JR season. It does sound like he has some classroom work to do to be eligible so what does he do in the fall of 2020? Someone mentioned 'prep school'.

I think Prep school is the best option. The positive about him committing early is now he can get on the best plan possible to get him to Starkville as quickly as possible. Who knows though Bc Marquiss Spencer was in the same boat concerning age & he was able to work hard & get out with his correct class. If Brown puts his head down he can spend the next 2 years getting things in order.

Irondawg
08-15-2019, 11:09 PM
So now that Paul is crystal balling Jaden Walley to the good guys, somebody give me the skinny on him.

KOdawg1
08-15-2019, 11:20 PM
So now that Paul is crystal balling Jaden Walley to the good guys, somebody give me the skinny on him.
Plays QB for D'Iberville, but will be a WR or CB at the next level. Good athlete with legit offers from us, Auburn, and OM. Getting him would also be big bc his younger brother, Justin, will be a good player in the 2021 class. If Paul is CB'ing him to us, then that's a great sign bc he's usually pretty conservative with those.

Commercecomet24
08-15-2019, 11:25 PM

Jaden played travel baseball a couple years for me. Great athlete, great ball skills, fine young man, kinda quiet and a hard worker who hustles. I have no doubt if he focused on baseball he would've been an elite center fielder. We're getting a quality player and quality person

msu15
08-16-2019, 07:39 AM
We're getting a quality player and quality person

*Would be getting, unless you know something already :o

Irondawg
08-16-2019, 11:40 AM
in the back of my mind I've been concerned with how many MS HS kids we are taking knowing that this wasn't considered a great class to begin with. I'm still skeptical of some of them, but went back and looked and we have hit on about 67% of our in-state HS signees turning into starting caliber players that are productive. I went back and looked at 2011-2016 and we were really successful at finding guys that could develop.

Thought I'd share in case that concern had run through anyone else's mind

Ifyouonlyknew
08-16-2019, 12:38 PM
in the back of my mind I've been concerned with how many MS HS kids we are taking knowing that this wasn't considered a great class to begin with. I'm still skeptical of some of them, but went back and looked and we have hit on about 67% of our in-state HS signees turning into starting caliber players that are productive. I went back and looked at 2011-2016 and we were really successful at finding guys that could develop.

Thought I'd share in case that concern had run through anyone else's mind

The reason why this class wasn't considered great was because it was coming behind the best class on paper in MS history. This class lacks the headliners of years past but the depth is 1 of the best in recent memory. So far the state has 26 P5 commits with 4 of the top 20 players still available. Add 13 more G5 commits already. This class will have between 50-60 P5/G5 signees.

Irondawg
08-16-2019, 01:06 PM
Thats impressive for sure

Commercecomet24
08-16-2019, 02:38 PM
The reason why this class wasn't considered great was because it was coming behind the best class on paper in MS history. This class lacks the headliners of years past but the depth is 1 of the best in recent memory. So far the state has 26 P5 commits with 4 of the top 20 players still available. Add 13 more G5 commits already. This class will have between 50-60 P5/G5 signees.

Thats pretty spiffy right there.

Commercecomet24
08-16-2019, 02:40 PM
*Would be getting, unless you know something already :o

We are in very good shape.

MetEdDawg
08-18-2019, 11:49 AM
Montra Edwards decommits from Missouri. Lists us in his Top 6.

KOdawg1
08-18-2019, 11:58 AM

He's likely OM/Juco bound

timotheus
08-18-2019, 12:16 PM
How sure is he an OM lean? I was told he may have to go juco regardless. Info?

BuckyIsAB****
08-18-2019, 12:23 PM
IYOK, I know we probably arent taking another RB in this class but if it gets down to it would we offer Kenyatta Harrell? He is better than Murphy and Walker right now

Ifyouonlyknew
08-18-2019, 12:24 PM
IYOK, I know we probably arent taking another RB in this class but if it gets down to it would we offer Kenyatta Harrell? He is better than Murphy and Walker right now

No we're not & that's not exactly a glowing endorsement lol.

BuckyIsAB****
08-18-2019, 01:08 PM
No we're not & that's not exactly a glowing endorsement lol.

I know it. I was just saying he would help our RB core more than they are right now

msu15
08-18-2019, 01:44 PM

He’s not a take for us.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
08-19-2019, 08:41 AM

Doesn't matter about Murphy and Walker. Witherspoon is 3rd now.

KOdawg1
08-19-2019, 10:34 AM
Just looking at our commitment list, but I'm reminded how criminal it is that Janari Dean is only a mid-level 3 star. I've seen him play in person, and he's special, but even if you don't believe me, look at his offer list. Bama, Georgia, South Carolina, Tennessee, Arky, OM... This kid should be rated a 90+ 4 star.

https://247sports.com/player/janari-dean-46046825/

Lance Harbor
08-19-2019, 10:53 AM
What is the latest on LB recruiting? Depth Chart is light at best.

vv83
08-19-2019, 10:58 AM
Doesn't matter about Murphy and Walker. Witherspoon is 3rd now.

He the real deal? Also, i thought i saw on here Walker wasn't going to make it. he's on the team now?

msbulldog
08-19-2019, 12:06 PM
Walker has not finished an on-line or correspondence course yet, that's holding him up.

Bothrops
08-19-2019, 12:23 PM
Walker has not finished an on-line or correspondence course yet, that's holding him up.

How did he get into Michigan? Something seems fishy with this situation.

BrunswickDawg
08-19-2019, 02:55 PM

I think we have a tutor that can help with that. Oh, wait....

msbulldog
08-19-2019, 05:29 PM
How did he get into Michigan? Something seems fishy with this situation.

This doesn't have anything to do with Michigan, the course he needs to finish is from the JUCO he attends.

Cooterpoot
08-19-2019, 06:14 PM
Walker doesn’t matter. He’s not going to help us either way.

Cowbell
08-19-2019, 07:09 PM
Walker doesn?t matter. He?s not going to help us either way.

How does Witherspoon look?

KOdawg1
08-19-2019, 07:26 PM
How does Witherspoon look?
Great with the ball in his hands supposedly. It's times when he doesnt have the ball where he needs to work on

BuckyIsAB****
08-19-2019, 09:03 PM
Just looking at our commitment list, but I'm reminded how criminal it is that Janari Dean is only a mid-level 3 star. I've seen him play in person, and he's special, but even if you don't believe me, look at his offer list. Bama, Georgia, South Carolina, Tennessee, Arky, OM... This kid should be rated a 90+ 4 star.

https://247sports.com/player/janari-dean-46046825/

Best player to come out of SP in a while

Cowbell
08-19-2019, 09:36 PM
Thanks. I knew he broke one in the last scrimmage.

Bothrops
08-20-2019, 12:09 AM
This doesn't have anything to do with Michigan, the course he needs to finish is from the JUCO he attends.

Not now no, but trying to figure out how he got in up there, but can't get out of juco.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
08-20-2019, 02:09 PM
Not now no, but trying to figure out how he got in up there, but can't get out of juco.

He initially was committed to Ohio State, but they backed off due to academic and responsibility concerns. No clue how he ended up at Mich.

msstate7
08-21-2019, 02:07 PM
We've been 1 spot behind OM for about a month, and now we're 1 spot ahead. Did some of ours get a bump up or did some of theirs get a bump down?

Covercorner2
08-21-2019, 03:14 PM
We've been 1 spot behind OM for about a month, and now we're 1 spot ahead. Did some of ours get a bump up or did some of theirs get a bump down?

At first glance, it looks like Caleb Ducking may have gotten a bump?

Bothrops
08-21-2019, 11:53 PM

Forbes got a small bump up.

HancockCountyDog
08-22-2019, 10:30 AM
Does anyone know how many Jucos we intend to sign in this class? We have 10 committed, which for me is just too many, unless they are can't miss Montez Sweat type guys.

I like when we sign around 4-6 JUCO guys, any more than that and things can get sideways in a hurry.

Thanks, I'll hang up and listen.

KOdawg1
08-22-2019, 10:34 AM
Does anyone know how many Jucos we intend to sign in this class? We have 10 committed, which for me is just too many, unless they are can't miss Montez Sweat type guys.

I like when we sign around 4-6 JUCO guys, any more than that and things can get sideways in a hurry.

Thanks, I'll hang up and listen.
Patterson and Anderson-Butts most likely won't be apart of the class

HancockCountyDog
08-22-2019, 10:44 AM
Patterson and Anderson-Butts most likely won't be apart of the class

That is what I figured, you can't sign 4 JUCO Wr's in one class. I think two at most, and I know Heath gets one of those spots.

Irondawg
08-22-2019, 11:03 AM
And to clarify - Patterson would be a straight drop for not doing as expected, more off the field than on and Anderson-Butts is most likely not going to be able to get out of JUCO this year and be a 2021 prospect. Law of averages also states another one will fall off for some reason. Key is way out in California and if Dolcine gets a UF or FSU offer it could change things. Those are two that I'd feel are the least solid as of right now.

vv83
08-22-2019, 11:21 AM
Forbes got a small bump up.

What?s the latest on him? Remember some chatter about holding onto him but it?s been quiet lately

msbulldog
08-22-2019, 12:17 PM
What?s the latest on him? Remember some chatter about holding onto him but it?s been quiet lately

He was invited to our and TSUN's barbque's and came to ours with his parents. Still saying all the right things according to 247.

Cooterpoot
08-22-2019, 12:21 PM
Key isn’t shaky at all. He really isn’t a Cali guy, so not a big connection there.

Bothrops
08-22-2019, 01:04 PM

So far, so good.

Bothrops
08-22-2019, 01:07 PM
And to clarify - Patterson would be a straight drop for not doing as expected, more off the field than on and Anderson-Butts is most likely not going to be able to get out of JUCO this year and be a 2021 prospect. Law of averages also states another one will fall off for some reason. Key is way out in California and if Dolcine gets a UF or FSU offer it could change things. Those are two that I'd feel are the least solid as of right now.

Key and Dolcine are very talented. I definitely expect to sign Key.

msstate7
08-23-2019, 11:18 PM
Saw Forbes tonight. He was good... caught a short pass and took it 50-55 yards for a td, int, and pick 6. Looked good.

Bothrops
08-24-2019, 12:26 AM
Saw Forbes tonight. He was good... caught a short pass and took it 50-55 yards for a td, int, and pick 6. Looked good.

Yeah he's real good

Irondawg
08-24-2019, 06:39 AM
Anybody watch Brandon and Starkville? Curious how our qb prospects looked side by side.

Dawgfan77
08-24-2019, 08:50 AM
Anybody watch Brandon and Starkville? Curious how our qb prospects looked side by side.
Rodgers looked solid, first game he will get better. Brandon lacks a true RB. Starkville has some speed and some Athletes. The RB at Starkville was very good. The Starkville QB had a long way to go and was hurt on the last play of regulation. Brandon?s D is solid

ShotgunDawg
08-24-2019, 10:42 AM
Please get a commitment from Ty Keyes ASAP. He's the best looking Mississippi QB I've seen in years.

BankerDog
08-24-2019, 11:10 AM
Please get a commitment from Ty Keyes ASAP. He's the best looking Mississippi QB I've seen in years.

It doesn?t who we get next year..as long as Joe is here we?ll get Ty Simpson who will be one of the top 10 QBs in the country the following year. He?s the real deal. He is the future of the program.

ShotgunDawg
08-24-2019, 11:32 AM
It doesn?t who we get next year..as long as Joe is here we?ll get Ty Simpson who will be one of the top 10 QBs in the country the following year. He?s the real deal. He is the future of the program.

Simpson is 2022 & Keyes is 2021. The two aren't related

Cooterpoot
08-24-2019, 01:18 PM
I do not believe Simpson comes to State. Not based on what I’m hearing. Could change obviously but right now, I’m not expecting him.

Commercecomet24
08-24-2019, 03:00 PM

Don't count on Keyes. Although he's undecided at this point chances are slim we get him.

KOdawg1
08-24-2019, 03:15 PM
Don't count on Keyes. Although he's undecided at this point chances are slim we get him.

Auburn?

BankerDog
08-24-2019, 03:47 PM
Simpson is 2022 & Keyes is 2021. The two aren't related

Notice I said it doesn?t matter who we get, as long as Joe is here we will get Ty Simpson who will be the future. Meaning ?It doesn?t matter if we take Keyes or Luke, we get Ty Simpson the next year and they won?t play.?

BankerDog
08-24-2019, 03:48 PM
I do not believe Simpson comes to State. Not based on what I’m hearing. Could change obviously but right now, I’m not expecting him.

Really? I heard last week Jason wants him here to play for Joe. Two years is a long way to go, but the kid is gonna be highly recruited.

ShotgunDawg
08-24-2019, 07:55 PM

Pretty embarrassing if true. We seem to struggle with legacies more than we should

ShotgunDawg
08-24-2019, 07:55 PM

UGH

Cooterpoot
08-24-2019, 08:50 PM

States at the top for him. Unless we back off or screw up, he’ll sign with us.

Cooterpoot
08-24-2019, 08:52 PM
Pretty embarrassing if true. We seem to struggle with legacies more than we should

Not really. Jason transferred out to USM if I remember correctly.....

Ifyouonlyknew
08-24-2019, 08:56 PM
Not really. Jason transferred out to USM if I remember correctly.....

He did. I do think we have a good shot at Simpson tho.

Cooterpoot
08-24-2019, 09:07 PM
He did. I do think we have a good shot at Simpson tho.

We’re 2nd or 3rd right now. From what I’ve heard. But yeah, long way to go and if the offense takes off, I think we’re right there. Plus, some other stuff.

Commercecomet24
08-24-2019, 09:20 PM
States at the top for him. Unless we back off or screw up, he?ll sign with us.

Not what I heard from him last night.

ETA I didn't mean to sound like a butthole saying it like that. You always bring good info.

Cooterpoot
08-25-2019, 08:38 AM
Unless we make a decision otherwise, we’re good. And we can’t look like shit this year on offense either. AU already has their guy.

Bothrops
08-26-2019, 01:01 AM
Sounds like Kareem Walker may have a decent chance of getting here this week. His work is finally finished and he has been academically cleared to transfer. I expect the NCAA will still try to stand in his way as he's heading out the door.

Doggie_Style
08-27-2019, 06:59 AM
Sounds like Kareem Walker may have a decent chance of getting here this week. His work is finally finished and he has been academically cleared to transfer. I expect the NCAA will still try to stand in his way as he's heading out the door.

Who cares....he’s unlikely to see the field this year and probably a waste of a scholarship

msstate7
08-27-2019, 07:00 AM
Is there any update on Forbes? Is he solid or is OM still a big threat? The kid was quite impressive last Friday night... I want em

Ari Gold
08-27-2019, 09:13 AM
Is there any update on Forbes? Is he solid or is OM still a big threat? The kid was quite impressive last Friday night... I want em

It’s going to be a battle until ink hits the paper...But I wouldn’t trade places with OM right now when it comes to him.