View Full Version : THE 2020 MSU Football Recruiting Talk Thread

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

Ifyouonlyknew
04-15-2019, 10:29 AM
So where are we at present with RB recruiting? We are at best in a dead heat with Florida State for Marks. Both teams have a huge need and are knocking his door down. Cory Wren is leaning TCU and we need to get him on campus soon. Not sure what happened with Gibbs but he hasn't been on campus either. Trey Benson seems to be infatuated with Oregon....I know, I know it's a long way from home. I'm not in the know but it doesn't appear that we lead for anyone.

I think we lead for Benson & lead for Marks although not a huge lead. FSU really likes Marks but they also like 3-4 other RB just as much.

Doggie_Style
04-15-2019, 12:52 PM
I think we lead for Benson & lead for Marks although not a huge lead. FSU really likes Marks but they also like 3-4 other RB just as much.

Man I hope you are right, getting those two would be fantastic!

timotheus
04-15-2019, 06:29 PM
What is the up to date info on these football transfers on the DL?

BuckyIsAB****
04-15-2019, 07:30 PM
Will Rogers is pretty close with Marks FWIW

msbulldog
04-15-2019, 07:32 PM
Will Rogers is pretty close with Marks FWIW

Good, thanks!

NCDawg
04-15-2019, 07:53 PM
I thought Mingo was pretty close with Rogers, too. Guess he was closer to the Ole Miss coaching staff.

Bothrops
04-15-2019, 08:43 PM
Tell me something good about Benson...is he faster than he appears on film? I watched some footage and don't get all the rave.

I don't fault the staff for missing on every RB for 2019. Ealy had a ton of people that were pushing OM in his orbit. But I tend to believe the main reason we didn't get one of our main RB targets is for the same reason we can't get a high profile transfer these days.

Todd4State
04-15-2019, 09:00 PM
Ealy. He missed on Ealy. Not that Ealy will ever play but still.

How was he ever a lock for us though? Jackson Prep. Committed to Ole Miss for over a year?

Ifyouonlyknew
04-15-2019, 09:06 PM
Tell me something good about Benson...is he faster than he appears on film? I watched some footage and don't get all the rave.

I don't fault the staff for missing on every RB for 2019. Ealy had a ton of people that were pushing OM in his orbit. But I tend to believe the main reason we didn't get one of our main RB targets is for the same reason we can't get a high profile transfer these days.

He ran a 4.49 Laser time 40 at the New Orleans Regionals. Also won RB MVP there.

Todd4State
04-15-2019, 09:27 PM
He ran a 4.49 Laser time 40 at the New Orleans Regionals. Also won RB MVP there.

I like how Benson is built too. I prefer Kylin Hill/Aeris sized running backs. Or actually built like JJ Johnson but those are very rare.

Bothrops
04-15-2019, 09:29 PM

Well that sounds good.

Dawgfan77
04-16-2019, 06:32 AM
What is the up to date info on these football transfers on the DL?

What is the latest on transfers?

Ifyouonlyknew
04-16-2019, 06:53 AM
What is the latest on transfers?

We have a regular DT transfer coming in who's hoping to get cleared immediately & we still expect to get a grad transfer DT as well.

msu15
04-16-2019, 07:31 AM
We have a regular DT transfer

Yep a kid from Louisville that we recruited when Mullen was here, he's a nice pickup

bulldawg28
04-16-2019, 10:20 AM
Yep a kid from Louisville that we recruited when Mullen was here, he's a nice pickup

Name?

Bothrops
04-16-2019, 10:22 AM
Name?

Allen Love

BuckyIsAB****
04-16-2019, 08:00 PM
I thought Mingo was pretty close with Rogers, too. Guess he was closer to the Ole Miss coaching staff.

He was and still is. We were playing catch up with Mingo from day 1 when Mullen offered him as a safety. By the end of it there wasnt much more we could have done within the rules

maroonmania
04-16-2019, 09:29 PM
How was he ever a lock for us though? Jackson Prep. Committed to Ole Miss for over a year?

Right. How long had JoMo had the MSU job before Ealy committed to OM? 1 month? 2?

Todd4State
04-17-2019, 12:07 AM
He was and still is. We were playing catch up with Mingo from day 1 when Mullen offered him as a safety. By the end of it there wasnt much more we could have done within the rules

If what the 24/7 people are saying about Mingo choosing Ole Miss because he knew their WR coach better I can understand and buy that. However Mingo turns out it just feels like we completely dropped the ball there. Basically it feels like how we recruit Madison Central players.

Right. How long had JoMo had the MSU job before Ealy committed to OM? 1 month? 2?

At least a month.

Now that the last class is over hopefully the stench of Dan and Country Club recruiting is completely gone with it.

Todd4State
04-17-2019, 12:08 AM
We have a regular DT transfer coming in who's hoping to get cleared immediately & we still expect to get a grad transfer DT as well.

I'm guessing we go after the Vanderbilt DT in the transfer portal and I found it interesting that the guy from Rice is still in it.

Bothrops
04-17-2019, 12:15 PM
I'm guessing we go after the Vanderbilt DT in the transfer portal and I found it interesting that the guy from Rice is still in it.

Yeah there aren't many DT's available that could really help us. Plenty of DE's though.

KOdawg1
04-17-2019, 02:42 PM
I get the vibe that we'll have more success in-state this year, mostly due to the fact that the state isn't loaded like it was last year for the big guys to come poach. But there are still some talented players in this class.

Already committed:
WR Lideatrick Griffin - 4*
DB/ATH Javorrius Selmon - 4*
WR Alex Adams - will be a 4*
DE Jevon Banks - 3*
QB Will Rogers - 3*
CB Emmanuel Forbes - 3*
DT Armondous Cooley - 3*
OL Calvin McMillan - 3*

Great shot at getting:
RB/DB Dillon Johnson - 4*
WR E. Jai Mason - 4*
OL Xavier Hill - 3*
S Janari Dean - should be 4*
DT Montra Edwards - 3*
CB Cameron Threatt - 3*
OL Kahlil Benson - 3*
RB Trey Benson - 3*
DT Leviticus Madison - 3*

I think we'll have a good year in state and get most of these guys

msu15
04-17-2019, 03:19 PM
I get the vibe that we'll have more success in-state this year, mostly due to the fact that the state isn't loaded like it was last year for the big guys to come poach. But there are still some talented players in this class.

Already committed:
DE Jevon Banks - 3*
QB Will Rogers - 3*
CB Emmanuel Forbes - 3*
DT Armondous Cooley - 3*
OL Calvin McMillan - 3*

Great shot at getting:
WR E. Jai Mason - 4*
OL Xavier Hill - 3*
DT Montra Edwards - 3*
CB Cameron Threatt - 3*
OL Kahlil Benson - 3*
RB Trey Benson - 3*

And I'd take every single one of them in a heartbeat.

KOdawg1
04-17-2019, 03:31 PM
And I'd take every single one of them in a heartbeat.
Probably won't get every one of them. You'll have a flip or two and just miss on a couple, but we have a great shot with all of those guys plus a few more I probably left out that will blow up later

Ifyouonlyknew
04-17-2019, 03:57 PM

Already committed:
DE Jevon Banks - 3*
QB Will Rogers - 3*
CB Emmanuel Forbes - 3*
DT Armondous Cooley - 3*
OL Calvin McMillan - 3*

Great shot at getting:
WR E. Jai Mason - 4*
OL Xavier Hill - 3*
DT Montra Edwards - 3*
CB Cameron Threatt - 3*
OL Kahlil Benson - 3*
RB Trey Benson - 3*

For the thats a lot of 3* crowd

Xavier Hill 8 SEC Offers 9 P5 Offers

Janari Dean 4 SEC Offers 5 P5 Offers

Montra Edwards 5 SEC Offers 13 P5 Offers

Cameron Threatt 3 SEC Offers 5 P5 Offers

Kahlil Benson 3 SEC Offers

Trey Benson 4 SEC Offers 14 P5 Offers

Leviticus Madison 3 SEC Offers 4 P5 Offers

So these guys aren't diamond in the rough guys. They're SEC Prospects.

msbulldog
04-17-2019, 05:45 PM
Thanks for that IYOK!

BuckyIsAB****
04-17-2019, 05:51 PM
E Jai is coming dont worry about him

Ari Gold
04-17-2019, 06:01 PM

And we are going to get a couple of big time juco guys. We have one right now in Lawson
That’s the one thing that saved our ass 3 years ago. Sweat, Abram, Rivers, Cole, Landrews, Autry, Champion

KOdawg1
04-17-2019, 06:21 PM
And we are going to get a couple of big time juco guys. We have one right now in Lawson
That’s the one thing that saved our ass 3 years ago. Sweat, Abram, Rivers, Cole, Landrews, Autry, Champion

Tyre Phillips was also a JUCO in that class I believe. He'll get to make his impact this year,

NCDawg
04-17-2019, 06:53 PM
We won the SECW in '98 with predominately JC players.

ScoobaDawg
04-17-2019, 08:09 PM
Great shot at getting:

OL Kahlil Benson - 3*
RB Trey Benson - 3*

Thanks added to the list in the other post to track. All others were already on there and I updated everything earlier today.

Todd4State
04-17-2019, 08:29 PM

I think the in state class could be better than a lot of people realize.

KOdawg1
04-17-2019, 09:14 PM

Well I hope people continue not to realize it. People realizing it last year hurt us.

Bothrops
04-17-2019, 10:02 PM

Agree with that

Irondawg
04-17-2019, 10:45 PM
E Jai is coming dont worry about him

Is a bigger question whether he's slipping down our board? He seems to be sliding down the in-state rating list and we seem to be looking at a ton of WR this year.

msbulldog
04-18-2019, 05:48 AM
We need to be looking at a ton of wide receivers this year.

Lord McBuckethead
04-18-2019, 01:40 PM
Is a bigger question whether he's slipping down our board? He seems to be sliding down the in-state rating list and we seem to be looking at a ton of WR this year.

Yeah, I don't think that is a question. I am just wondering who this years leader of the recruiting class will be.

Ifyouonlyknew
04-18-2019, 01:44 PM
Yeah, I don't think that is a question. I am just wondering who this years leader of the recruiting class will be.

Will Rogers

KOdawg1
04-18-2019, 02:50 PM
Will Rogers

Him and Jevon Banks

Goldendawg
04-18-2019, 04:19 PM
We won the SECW in '98 with predominately JC players.

We also tanked with too many JC players (of course the UM witch hunt against Jackie made it hard to get HS players), the last couple of years under the Kang. It has to be a good balance and players that can help at once. I think Jackie said once that unless a JC player can start a once or be a good backup, it is a waste of a scholarship.

Todd4State
04-18-2019, 05:31 PM
We also tanked with too many JC players (of course the UM witch hunt against Jackie made it hard to get HS players), the last couple of years under the Kang. It has to be a good balance and players that can help at once. I think Jackie said once that unless a JC player can start a once or be a good backup, it is a waste of a scholarship.

I think JUCO's are good if you have misses in previous recruiting classes at position groups and you want to get back up to speed quickly. See our defense in 2016 vs 2017-18 as exhibit A.

Ari Gold
04-18-2019, 07:26 PM

There is a difference to getting juco talent guys and D1 juco guys (Sweat, Rivers , ect)
We have done extremely well in the juco ranks last few years.
I expect this year to be above average as well

ejdallas322
04-18-2019, 08:56 PM
Five Star receiver, Rakim Jarrett says that we are his sleeper team in recruitment. Yet it says we have offered him which confuses me.

ejdallas322
04-18-2019, 08:57 PM
Haven’t*

bulldawg28
04-19-2019, 06:46 AM
Five Star receiver, Rakim Jarrett says that we are his sleeper team in recruitment. Yet it says we have offered him which confuses me.

And he'll sleep right past us. We're not even in his top 6

Ari Gold
04-19-2019, 09:46 AM
And he'll sleep right past us. We're not even in his top 6

If this staff thinks we have a legit shot at landing this kid we will recruit him as hard as anyone will ..

HoopsDawg
04-20-2019, 10:18 PM

What happened with the guy from Rice? There are 2 guys from LSU in the portal, 1 from Arky, 1 from Vandy, and 1 from Ohio State who recently visited Penn State. All of these guys are immediately eligible. I don't know anything about them though except the guy from Ohio State is a stud who has had to deal with injuries.

Todd4State
04-20-2019, 10:29 PM
What happened with the guy from Rice? There are 2 guys from LSU in the portal, 1 from Arky, 1 from Vandy, and 1 from Ohio State who recently visited Penn State. All of these guys are immediately eligible. I don't know anything about them though except the guy from Ohio State is a stud who has had to deal with injuries.

He allegedly was going to TCU to be closer to home. But apparently he hasn't pulled the trigger on that. Not sure if we are still interested in him or not- but my guess would be not or not that much.

jacksondawg
04-20-2019, 11:57 PM
Florida also has a former 4 star DT from Alabama in the portal as well

Bothrops
04-21-2019, 12:13 AM
Again, it baffles me that we aren't a highly thought of program with D-lineman recruits, and even transfers around the land. If OM can still get WR's from other parts of the country to jump on board regardless of scheme, and if we continue to get passed over by numerous DL' s, even in our own state, what can you attribute this to?

msstate7
04-21-2019, 07:19 AM
Florida also has a former 4 star DT from Alabama in the portal as well

Graduate?

timotheus
04-21-2019, 10:08 AM
Again, it baffles me that we aren't a highly thought of program with D-lineman recruits, and even transfers around the land. If OM can still get WR's from other parts of the country to jump on board regardless of scheme, and if we continue to get passed over by numerous DL' s, even in our own state, what can you attribute this to?

$$$$$

BuckyIsAB****
04-22-2019, 08:00 PM

We dont play the game like everyone else. We are the good guys

yjnkdawg
04-24-2019, 12:53 AM
We dont play the game like everyone else. We are the good guys

If we did try to play the game, we would probably get burned at the stake by the NCAA. We don't know all the ins and outs like some of the other schools that play the game proficiently, or have the legal expertise, experience or history in doing so. Also the OM Boosters/Lawyers would just love to catch us in trying to play the game,and don't think they wouldn't do all within their power to try and ruin our football program.

ShotgunDawg
04-24-2019, 07:38 AM

It's a great question. We obviously don't play the game like others, but that just makes it all the more sickening at how corrupt college football is.

msstate7
04-24-2019, 07:48 AM

Who are they passing us up for? If it's LSU and Bama, they produce more nfl dlinemen than us

ETA... surprisingly, since 2010, OM has had more dlinemen drafted than us, 6 to 5

Dawg-gone-dawgs
04-24-2019, 11:38 AM
If this staff thinks we have a legit shot at landing this kid we will recruit him as hard as anyone will ..

profound! and if I jumped up, I will have left the ground.

Doggie_Style
04-25-2019, 09:30 AM

It's not just one position group. The perception of our program for what ever reason isn't that good. Take a look at RB. We can currently offer early playing time behind a solid OL and we don't lead for anyone. Marks has as much as told us he isn't coming and we are begging Benson and Dillon to come and even telling them we'll shut down RB recruiting if they commit! It's going to be a tough year on the recruiting trail for Joe and Co.

msstate7
04-25-2019, 09:34 AM
It's not just one position group. The perception of our program for what ever reason isn't that good. Take a look at RB. We can currently offer early playing time behind a solid OL and we don't lead for anyone. Marks has as much as told us he isn't coming and we are begging Benson and Dillon to come and even telling them we'll shut down RB recruiting if they commit! It's going to be a tough year on the recruiting trail for Joe and Co.

Awesome

msu15
04-25-2019, 09:45 AM
Marks has as much as told us he isn't coming and we are begging Benson and Dillon to come and even telling them we'll shut down RB recruiting if they commit! It's going to be a tough year on the recruiting trail for Joe and Co.

Lol you're literally just taking bits and pieces of message board information, creating your own false statements, and acting like you have inside information. Good job!

Ifyouonlyknew
04-25-2019, 09:46 AM
Marks has as much as told us he isn't coming and we are begging Benson and Dillon to come and even telling them we'll shut down RB recruiting if they commit! It's going to be a tough year on the recruiting trail for Joe and Co.

Not to get into a back & forth but this just isn't true.

Ari Gold
04-25-2019, 01:10 PM
profound! and if I jumped up, I will have left the ground.

As usual you Bring zero to the recruiting thread..

Ari Gold
04-25-2019, 01:14 PM
Not to get into a back & forth but this just isn't true.

Exactly.
We may end up not getting Marks come signing day but we will stay on him hard till the end
And Dillion prob isn t even a RB at the next level , my guess he is on defense .
And I feel very confident we land Benson

Ifyouonlyknew
04-25-2019, 01:42 PM
Exactly.
We may end up not getting Marks come signing day but we will stay on him hard till the end
And Dillion prob isn t even a RB at the next level , my guess he is on defense .
And I feel very confident we land Benson

Marks also hasn't said anything close to he's not coming or not interested. That's coming from MSU side & other schools competing for his signature.

Dillon will play in the secondary in college.

With his new offers it may take a while but I'm confident in Benson signing with MSU.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
04-25-2019, 04:03 PM
As usual you Bring zero to the recruiting thread..

hahahhahaha When have I claimed to have any so-called "inside info". So basically what you are saying is that the recruiting board is just for those who claim to have info? So no discussion here? hahahaha

Dawg-gone-dawgs
04-25-2019, 04:05 PM
Since I bring zero to the board I figured I would join in with the "insiders": We will recruit Marks hard and will get him if he signs with us. If not, he changed his mind.

Ari Gold
04-25-2019, 04:31 PM
hahahhahaha When have I claimed to have any so-called "inside info". So basically what you are saying is that the recruiting board is just for those who claim to have info? So no discussion here? hahahaha

All my post said that you went your typical douche bag reply on was
If there is a 5 star WR that has interest in us , this staff will recruit him as hard as any other school will.
I didn’t give a shit if you have any intell or not , but it’s the useless post “if I jump I leave the ground blah blah bullshit.” You are one of the reasons the recruiting thread bogs down.

Hambone
04-25-2019, 05:21 PM
Did we get a commit earlier? Joey Hunter? Or did I read his twitter handle incorrectly?

Ifyouonlyknew
04-25-2019, 05:30 PM
Did we get a commit earlier? Joey Hunter? Or did I read his twitter handle incorrectly?

He committed without speaking to the coaches. They want to see him at camp 1st.

Hambone
04-25-2019, 06:13 PM
Ah, well that makes sense why it isn’t “official” until June

Homedawg
04-25-2019, 06:30 PM

When you make statements like " marks has as much as told ya he isn't coming." Makes it sound like you have info. When fact is you don't. So just read from now on.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
04-26-2019, 10:49 AM
All my post said that you went your typical douche bag reply on was
If there is a 5 star WR that has interest in us , this staff will recruit him as hard as any other school will.
I didn?t give a shit if you have any intell or not , but it?s the useless post ?if I jump I leave the ground blah blah bullshit.? You are one of the reasons the recruiting thread bogs down.

Well the jumping comment makes about as much sense as your so-called intel...

By the way where are you on this BOLD PREDICTION???HAHAHAHAHHAHAhttps://i.postimg.cc/43tkZt6C/Screen-Shot-2019-04-26-at-10-44-14-AM.png.....idiot.

StateDawg44
04-26-2019, 02:44 PM
When you make statements like " marks has as much as told ya he isn't coming." Makes it sound like you have info. When fact is you don't. So just read from now on.

You realize he wasn't the one that said what you have quoted right?

Homedawg
04-26-2019, 04:47 PM
You realize he wasn't the one that said what you have quoted right?

I didn't realized I screwed up. Certainly possible, but they can figure it out. Not going back to fix, it ha.

Ari Gold
04-27-2019, 09:12 AM

By the way where are you on this BOLD PREDICTION???HAHAHAHAHHAHAhttps://i.postimg.cc/43tkZt6C/Screen-Shot-2019-04-26-at-10-44-14-AM.png.....idiot.

Damn, I missed a bold prediction... I should be banned from the board.
Since you a lot of time on your hands and obsessing over my post
Go back a few years and see what I said about Montez Sweat when we signed him

You just proved again how big of a douche bag you actually are.

I will say this YOU won’t be bogging down the recruiting thread anymore. You can believe that .

msbulldog
04-27-2019, 11:34 AM
Damn, I missed a bold prediction... I should be banned from the board.
Since you a lot of time on your hands and obsessing over my post
Go back a few years and see what I said about Montez Sweat when we signed him

You just proved again how big of a douche bag you actually are.

I will say this YOU won’t be bogging down the recruiting thread anymore. You can believe that .

Thank you! Don't need a roid head greens keeper.

BuckyIsAB****
04-27-2019, 08:41 PM

We get it you hate Moorhead. But all that is a flat out lie

Doggie_Style
04-28-2019, 07:26 AM
We get it you hate Moorhead. But all that is a flat out lie

OK then....if JoMo lands Marks I?ll delete my account here

ShotgunDawg
04-28-2019, 11:03 AM
I don't get why people on here put down Ari, IYOK, and others.

Would you prefer no information instead rather than a somewhat questionable opinion?

I just don't get what putting them down and calling out their every wrong accomplishes.

Ifyouonlyknew
04-28-2019, 12:50 PM
I don't get why people on here put down Ari, IYOK, and others.

Would you prefer no information instead rather than a somewhat questionable opinion?

I just don't get what putting them down and calling out their every wrong accomplishes.

I understand. We're not professionals or experts we're random guys on msg boards who very few on here actually know in real life. So I can understand the skepticism or not buying in to guys you don't know. Also if you get praised when right have to take the bad when wrong.

msbulldog
04-28-2019, 01:27 PM
I understand. We're not professionals or experts we're random guys on msg boards who very few on here actually know in real life. So I can understand the skepticism or not buying in to guys you don't know. Also if you get praised when right have to take the bad when wrong.

Thank you for what you and Ari do!
+1

bulldawg28
04-28-2019, 03:16 PM

I appreciate you Mullen. Ari is pretty cool too.

BuckyIsAB****
04-28-2019, 03:44 PM

Nobody said you should do that. Im just saying that going that far right now isnt true.

Ari Gold
04-28-2019, 05:00 PM

Cant speak for IYOK but 99% of what I post when it comes to recruiting rumors or info isnt just shit I throw out there.
And if you dont understanding how recruiting works and the BS that goes on then its best you just read the thread and dont post.....

msu15
04-29-2019, 08:51 AM
Nobody said you should do that.

One can only hope.

BeardoMSU
04-30-2019, 11:16 AM

I see you've graduated from bitching about people passing along pay-site info....bravo, I guess.

KOdawg1
04-30-2019, 11:59 AM
Just picked up a commitment from a Juco DL from California named Benjamin Key. Originally from Australia. Not ranked yet, but looks pretty good on film and has some decent offers in Arizona, Oregon St, and Utah.

That's new. When's the last time we had a football commit from the west coast?

NCDawg
04-30-2019, 01:31 PM
Just picked up a commitment from a Juco DL from California named Benjamin Key. Originally from Australia. Not ranked yet, but looks pretty good on film and has some decent offers in Arizona, Oregon St, and Utah.

Think it was a JC player named Joey Trapp.

Ari Gold
05-01-2019, 09:15 AM

Hasn’t played American football but a few years and kid my blow up this year . Great job by CJM and staff getting on him And getting a commit early. It may be a dog fight to keep him , but getting a commit is half the battle.

Turfdawg67
05-03-2019, 09:16 AM

Now I really, really want Marks!!!

First time on the recruiting thread since signing day... now I remember why.

DawgNamedScuba
05-03-2019, 08:25 PM
Now I really, really want Marks!!!

First time on the recruiting thread since signing day... now I remember why.

How does vCash work again? I want to put some down on this!

ZedFedder
05-06-2019, 08:26 AM
Saw where Joe Perkins from MRA committed to Colorado. Were we recruiting him?

Ifyouonlyknew
05-06-2019, 09:18 AM

Nope. We knew of him but weren't actively recruiting him.

ZedFedder
05-06-2019, 02:26 PM
Nope. We knew of him but weren't actively recruiting him.

Thanks. I knew he was a bigger name early on in this cycle, but I had not heard his name in quite some time.

BuckyIsAB****
05-06-2019, 09:23 PM

Never heard of him

Lord McBuckethead
05-07-2019, 03:37 PM
I see you've graduated from bitching about people passing along pay-site info....bravo, I guess.

In all honesty, I wouldn't count last year as a "year" that Guidry has been here. Hopefully fedex delivers his hands this offseason.

ShotgunDawg
05-08-2019, 08:14 PM
Alex Adams just decommitted

Cooterpoot
05-08-2019, 08:53 PM
Adams is waiting on LSU but Arkansas has jumped us for him too. We start losing top MS kids to AR we need to start firing people.

ShotgunDawg
05-08-2019, 08:56 PM
Adams is waiting on LSU but Arkansas has jumped us for him too. We start losing top MS kids to AR we need to start firing people.

Arkansas is a conundrum to me.

Are they just paying players right now or what?

They better be careful with kids like Adams that are out of state. Those are the ones that get the NCAA on you.

KOdawg1
05-08-2019, 09:01 PM
Alex Adams just decommitted

That's not good. He'll be one of, if not the, top players in the class.

KOdawg1
05-08-2019, 09:10 PM
I wouldn't mind losing our top in-state recruits if we were bringing in a few of the top recruits from other states. But we don't.

ShotgunDawg
05-08-2019, 09:20 PM
I wouldn't mind losing our top in-state recruits if we were bringing in a few of the top recruits from other states. But we don't.

Nope

jacksondawg
05-08-2019, 09:40 PM
Now lideatrick griffin just decommitted

ZedFedder
05-08-2019, 09:41 PM
Tulu Griffin decommits as well. My thoughts from the outside looking in is that Moorhead gets these kids on campus, gets them pumped, and gets a commit from them, but it isn't a very thought out or well planned commitment. Its a "shoot why not" deal. I'd rather wait than take that approach. Because when they do decommit, you lose a lot of steam.

MetEdDawg
05-08-2019, 09:46 PM
Now lideatrick griffin just decommitted

Not sure if it means anything but his last 2 retweets on scholarship offers were Mississippi Delta and Co Lin. He a grade issue possibly? Usually don't retweet or get junior college scholarship offers when you are committed to an SEC school unless there's a reason to go there.

msstate7
05-08-2019, 09:47 PM
This was the class where we were finally getting WRs. We now have 3 WR decommits.

HoopsDawg
05-08-2019, 10:06 PM
This was the class where we were finally getting WRs. We now have 3 WR decommits.

Brutal. Better just take the 3 Jucos.

RezDog7
05-08-2019, 10:07 PM
Fire everyone

vv83
05-08-2019, 10:09 PM
What the hell is going on? was there some event that happened?

maroonmania
05-08-2019, 10:17 PM
Well, so much for Tony Hughes solving our recruiting issues I guess. What the heck is going on??

Doggie_Style
05-08-2019, 10:17 PM
What the hell is going on? was there some event that happened?

Just this staff providing excitement and doing work***

Ifyouonlyknew
05-08-2019, 10:30 PM
Tulu will be back I'm not sure on Adams

preachermatt83
05-08-2019, 10:35 PM
Tulu will be back I'm not sure on Adams

You and Paul must be really really close IYOK. Like sharing brains close. Lol.

preachermatt83
05-08-2019, 10:37 PM

I wish I knew if you were his source or he is yours. Honestly. I think he may just copy everything you post. Or is it the other way around?

Ifyouonlyknew
05-08-2019, 10:37 PM

I haven't talked to Paul but I know a lot about this situation.

preachermatt83
05-08-2019, 10:40 PM
I haven't talked to Paul but I know a lot about this situation.

I think he’s stealing your info

Ifyouonlyknew
05-08-2019, 10:44 PM
I think he’s stealing your info

I doubt it. I'm sure he & Steve & Robbie have tons of guys they talk to. We could be talking to some of the same people. Paul's 1 of the best he doesn't need me I'm sure. I'm a random guy on a message board.

preachermatt83
05-08-2019, 10:55 PM
I doubt it. I'm sure he & Steve & Robbie have tons of guys they talk to. We could be talking to some of the same people. Paul's 1 of the best he doesn't need me I'm sure. I'm a random guy on a message board.

In all honesty I trust what you say over many of the big shots. Steve is the best out there but behind him I’d take ur word and ari’s over Paul or Robbie. And I like Robbie. Paul, not so much.

BuckyIsAB****
05-08-2019, 11:09 PM
E Jai Mason will be back as well. Not sure he is a WR in the SEC but he will be back. Idk enough about Griffin to talk about it

Irondawg
05-08-2019, 11:20 PM
From some other boards sounds like Mason will have to play his way back in if he wants back - there was talk of looking at him at LB and not WR now

BuckyIsAB****
05-08-2019, 11:24 PM
From some other boards sounds like Mason will have to play his way back in if he wants back - there was talk of looking at him at LB and not WR now

I was hinting at that but I dont think putting the kids down publicly helps us. He plays some LB at Clinton and is pretty good. 4.7 in the 40 doesnt scream SEC WR but there have been many that fast or slower that have done well.

Bothrops
05-08-2019, 11:45 PM
I was hinting at that but I dont think putting the kids down publicly helps us. He plays some LB at Clinton and is pretty good. 4.7 in the 40 doesnt scream SEC WR but there have been many that fast or slower that have done well.

You know what else..putting our headcoach down everyday on message boards doesn't help either. These kids read things and apparently Moorhead has already lost the fans, pers folks on here and elsewhere. I've never seen so many threads about how terrible a headcoach has been from March to May in one off season.

BuckyIsAB****
05-08-2019, 11:48 PM
You know what else..putting our headcoach down everyday on message boards doesn't help either. These kids read things and apparently Moorhead has already lost the fans, pers folks on here and elsewhere. I've never seen so many threads about how terrible a headcoach has been from March to May in one off season.

Yall are crazy if you dont think the kids parents dont get on here, 6pack and wherever else and read. I do think we should hold coaches/players accountable and if they cant handle it then they aint a winner anyway BUT there is a limit and we cross it sometimes. Every fan base does. I reckon thats what makes football so fun, everyone is emotionally invested.

msbulldog
05-09-2019, 06:20 AM
If you wouldn't say it to a persons face, then don't say it.

RezDog7
05-09-2019, 08:07 AM

It really is awful. I've never seen a group of fans so against an 8 win coach in his first year in my life. He's not perfect, but also didn't lose to South Alabama while wearing shorts. Until we come together as a fan base and pull in the same direction we will never get to where Baseball and WB are currently at. I guess WB was so under the radar until they started winning so nobody cared enough to bitch about everyday.

KOdawg1
05-09-2019, 08:14 AM
These kids just commit entirely too early. They haven't even started their senior year yet

MetEdDawg
05-09-2019, 08:45 AM
These kids just commit entirely too early. They haven't even started their senior year yet

This is ultimately the problem. You've got young, impressionable kids that make emotional decisions. In the end they end up making much more difficult on themselves than if they just wait until the end and communicate with the schools they are truly interested.

There are a significant number of decommits every day from the junior class. They aren't old enough or experienced enough to navigate the recruiting waters yet. Wish something could be done about it but there isn't really anything you can do.

msstate7
05-09-2019, 08:48 AM

And who you think are the ones pushing for these commits?

Uncle Ruckus
05-09-2019, 09:12 AM
E Jai Mason will be back as well. Not sure he is a WR in the SEC but he will be back. Idk enough about Griffin to talk about it
I haven't seen Mason a lot, but I've heard he isn't an SEC WR - best suited somewhere on defense, but not sure if SEC is where he needs to land. He's a talented kid but doesn't show it on the field.

WPS
05-09-2019, 09:21 AM
Arkansas is a conundrum to me.

Are they just paying players right now or what?

They better be careful with kids like Adams that are out of state. Those are the ones that get the NCAA on you.

Is it this Alex Adams (https://247sports.com/player/alex-adams-46080970/)? Doubt a 3 star would raise that much attention. Hell we signed four 4-star WRs last year and three of them were out of state. WR should be this staff's best recruiting position when you look at their history with players like Courtland Sutton, Sammy Watkins, DeAndre Hopkins, etc.

KOdawg1
05-09-2019, 09:49 AM
Is it this Alex Adams (https://247sports.com/player/alex-adams-46080970/)? Doubt a 3 star would raise that much attention. Hell we signed four 4-star WRs last year and three of them were out of state. WR should be this staff's best recruiting position when you look at their history with players like Courtland Sutton, Sammy Watkins, DeAndre Hopkins, etc.

He won't be a 3 star for long. He's legit.

Ari Gold
05-09-2019, 09:58 AM
It’s May...
everyone remember Jarian Jones ..
he was committed to Oklahoma about this same time last year and became the leader of the 2019 class
Griffin will be fine.

Again if you all don’t understand what goes on “behind the scenes “ in recruiting then it’s wise to just not follow.
Also ask anyone that has any connections with this program how hard and involved CJM is involved with recruiting and the effort he puts in and makes this staff put in...

ShotgunDawg
05-09-2019, 10:16 AM
Again if you all don?t understand what goes on ?behind the scenes ? in recruiting then it?s wise to just not follow.

So no one outside of a select few should follow recruiting?

Not sure the world works that way

I also think there is a significant number of people that understand what goes on behind the scenes in recruiting but doesn't understand why we continue to suck at handling the behind the scenes part while other schools appear to master it.

BuckyIsAB****
05-09-2019, 10:43 AM
Deon Smith is probably the best skill player in the state even as a J,r he is committed. If he ever decommits this place will go full nuclear. Im just glad that none of the super melters actually recruit for us bc if they did, we would never get any kid that another school wanted

Bothrops
05-09-2019, 11:01 AM

MS players are always the last to get a proper rating, and even late in the cycle about half don't get an accurate rating. A much better way to grade a prospect is to watch video. Even looking at the offers is better than star jerking, unless he's a phenom.

MetEdDawg
05-09-2019, 02:07 PM
So no one outside of a select few should follow recruiting?

Not sure the world works that way

I also think there is a significant number of people that understand what goes on behind the scenes in recruiting but doesn't understand why we continue to suck at handling the behind the scenes part while other schools appear to master it.

No he's saying if you will melt over every decommit you don't need to follow recruiting or post. Bad things happen to every school. We are great at self sabotaging when most on here not only have zero clue about what actually goes on, but can't help but hurt us when they post negative things.

Lord McBuckethead
05-09-2019, 03:41 PM
If you wouldn't say it to a persons face, then don't say it.

That's sweet. Bless your heart.

Goldendawg
05-09-2019, 05:00 PM
It really is awful. I've never seen a group of fans so against an 8 win coach in his first year in my life. He's not perfect, but also didn't lose to South Alabama while wearing shorts. Until we come together as a fan base and pull in the same direction we will never get to where Baseball and WB are currently at. I guess WB was so under the radar until they started winning so nobody cared enough to bitch about everyday.

JMO,but 8 wins ain't what it used to be. Beat 4 OOC foes that usually don't have a pulse, continue to beat Arky, and UM, we should never lose to KY, and win one from the last 4, and that's eight. Beating the "dead horse" of last year, no way we should have lost to KY, Fl, or Iowa. I'll be in my season ticket seat with my 7 family members for year approx. 52 and I've seen it all at State.. I'm all for Joe and MSU, but talk of shelf room for a Heisman, getting ring sizes, "Championship Standards", didn't help much at all. See Emory Bellard predicting an SEC Championship and not winning a single SEC game. A ring for beating UM also seems like something they would do. I now want and expect more than eight and I don't think that is a bad thing. Hail State!

msbulldog
05-09-2019, 06:07 PM
That's sweet. Bless your heart.

Thank you, Bless your heart reciprocally. While I'm at it Bless both our hearts! Hail State!

msbulldog
05-09-2019, 06:09 PM
JMO,but 8 wins ain't what it used to be. Beat 4 OOC foes that usually don't have a pulse, continue to beat Arky, and UM, we should never lose to KY, and win one from the last 4, and that's eight. Beating the "dead horse" of last year, no way we should have lost to KY, Fl, or Iowa. I'll be in my season ticket seat with my 7 family members for year approx. 52 and I've seen it all at State.. I'm all for Joe and MSU, but talk of shelf room for a Heisman, getting ring sizes, "Championship Standards", didn't help much at all. See Emory Bellard predicting an SEC Championship and not winning a single SEC game. A ring for beating UM also seems like something they would do. I now want and expect more than eight and I don't think that is a bad thing. Hail State!

Agree Golden!

Cowbell
05-09-2019, 09:15 PM

Awesome post. I wrote this exact same message in a thread I started last night. I?m sick of getting on here and seeing all the experts kick a good man down. We are shooting holes in our own ship.

RezDog7
05-09-2019, 09:38 PM

Please go watch Brandon Walkers podcast from today. And for the record, the ring was given to them by the outback bowl, not Coach Moorhead. And please tell me how many teams each year win more than 8 games? I'll hang up and listen.

msstate7
05-09-2019, 09:40 PM
Please go watch Brandon Walkers podcast from today. And for the record, the ring was given to them by the outback bowl, not Coach Moorhead. And please tell me how many teams each year win more than 8 games? I'll hang up and listen.

9 sec teams won 8 last year

RezDog7
05-09-2019, 09:45 PM

RezDog7
05-09-2019, 09:47 PM

9 sec teams won 8 last year

I said more?

msstate7
05-09-2019, 09:49 PM
I said more?

Sorry, 6

RezDog7
05-09-2019, 10:04 PM
Sorry, 6

And we were a couple of dropped passes from being in that group.

Irondawg
05-09-2019, 11:31 PM
So in an attempt to get back on track to an actual recruiting topic I'll throw this out there after the rash of decommits we've had. Would we as a program be better off not accepting any commits from HS kids until at least after the spring evaluation and maybe even the summer camps?

Do decommits cause more negative momentum that early commits?

I'm asking because especially the positional guys that blow up in the spring almost never stick to an early commit and that's true for a lot of schools other than MSU. Kids commit way to early and then realize they have a ton of offers, schools are pressuring people close to the athlete and offering kickbacks if the kid visits or decommits, etc. It's just a TON of pressure for the kids that were ill-prepared to handle it and it's gotten to the point that most fans are more surprised when someone sticks than they are when someone decommits.

Maybe I'm getting the dynamics wrong, but if you have a decommit or two before senior years even start it just seems to suck the life out of the fan base. I'd just feel better if the kid had done his summer tour, really talked it over with our staff to the point where we feel good about it and then let a kid go public. Or does early momentum 6-12 months out carry a lot of weight?

What do y'all think?

Todd4State
05-10-2019, 01:40 AM
So in an attempt to get back on track to an actual recruiting topic I'll throw this out there after the rash of decommits we've had. Would we as a program be better off not accepting any commits from HS kids until at least after the spring evaluation and maybe even the summer camps?

I'm asking because especially the positional guys that blow up in the spring almost never stick to an early commit and that's true for a lot of schools other than MSU. Kids commit way to early and then realize they have a ton of offers, schools are pressuring people close to the athlete and offering kickbacks if the kid visits or decommits, etc. It's just a TON of pressure for the kids that were ill-prepared to handle it and it's gotten to the point that most fans are more surprised when someone sticks than they are when someone decommits.

Maybe I'm getting the dynamics wrong, but if you have a decommit or two before senior years even start it just seems to suck the life out of the fan base. I'd just feel better if the kid had done his summer tour, really talked it over with our staff to the point where we feel good about it and then let a kid go public. Or does early momentum 6-12 months out carry a lot of weight?

What do y'all think?

No because if you put out a policy like that I think you run a high risk of sending recruits that want to commit the wrong message which may cause them to commit somewhere else and do more damage in the long run.

As a fan we just have to understand that we're going to have guys commit and de-commit throughout the process and not freak out when it happens. It's just part of it. You're dealing with 17-18 year old kids and some want more attention than others.

RezDog7
05-10-2019, 08:12 AM
No because if you put out a policy like that I think you run a high risk of sending recruits that want to commit the wrong message which may cause them to commit somewhere else and do more damage in the long run.

As a fan we just have to understand that we're going to have guys commit and de-commit throughout the process and not freak out when it happens. It's just part of it. You're dealing with 17-18 year old kids and some want more attention than others.

I have no inside knowledge, but the decommit's were orchestrated to make us look bad.

ShotgunDawg
05-10-2019, 08:35 AM
I have no inside knowledge, but the decommit's were orchestrated to make us look bad.

Amazing how other schools always seem to acquire that power.

RezDog7
05-10-2019, 09:04 AM

Cash money

Cooterpoot
05-10-2019, 11:00 AM
I find some “recruiting experts” to be overly dramatic.

msstate7
05-10-2019, 12:07 PM
Found this article interesting... jimbo Fisher is a great recruiter, but he's even getting enough flack from the fans to address a slow start to the 2020 recruiting class. Point is that we aren't the only sec fanbase that "freaks out" about recruiting even this early in the cycle

https://texags.com/s/32159/jimbo-fisher-pleased-with-state-of-aggie-football-heading-into-summer

yjnkdawg
05-10-2019, 01:19 PM

What do y'all think?

You are commended for trying but it will never be strictly on MSU recruiting. That's why Scooba started the other thread, as this one was getting so out in left field you had to sift through page after page of non-recruiting related posts to ever see anything viable on MSU recruiting. Thanks to a few on here who have their "own agenda". Like bashing JoeMo, praising Mullen, or telling us that we (MSU Football Program ) needs to make changes in how things are done or not done, but have no clue what needs to be done to achieve it, etc.

deadheaddawg
05-10-2019, 01:21 PM
This thread is a great idea, but you are right. I don't even come to this thread very often for recruiting news. It's just to hard to actually find it

Lord McBuckethead
05-10-2019, 02:20 PM
And we were a couple of dropped passes from being in that group.

Also, if a couple teams make a couple tackles we only win 6 games.

Lumpy Chucklelips
05-11-2019, 11:45 AM
I sometimes wonder if this is why Mullen always had a few to several commits during Big Dawg camp. The ones that you feel are making the emotional decisions and/or aren?t mature enough to handle the newfound love from all sides...play it like, hey, let?s hold on to your commitment right now until we get to Big Dawg camp and then we?ll announce it with a couple more and y?all will be the bellcows of the class. Play it like it will be more dramatic and carry more weight. This is what most of them are looking for anyway. Just a thought. Then it gives you time during the spring evaluation period for them to get through that and if they decommit and decide to look around, it wouldn?t bring all the negativity that we?ve seen lately.

MetEdDawg
05-11-2019, 12:23 PM
Also, if a couple teams make a couple tackles we only win 6 games.

Really?? Every single game we won was by 14 or more points. Couple tackles don't make a difference in that. But one catch could make a difference in a game you lose by 5 or 7 like Iowa or Florida.

msstate7
05-11-2019, 05:25 PM
LSU is cleaning up at wr. They now have 3 of the top 8 WRs. The crazy part is only 1 is from Louisiana... 1 from from California and the other from Washington DC.

Goldendawg
05-11-2019, 11:00 PM

The "Infernal Daily Journal" of Tupelo even ran an article about it on page 2 of their sports section the next day. I don't subscribe, but we get it free at work. I have been trying to get my 81 year old Bulldog Mother to drop her subscription, but see still likes reading news in print in the mornings. I put them right up there with the Jackson "Carrion Liar".

Bothrops
05-11-2019, 11:03 PM
LSU is cleaning up at wr. They now have 3 of the top 8 WRs. The crazy part is only 1 is from Louisiana... 1 from from California and the other from Washington DC.

On paper this is looking to be the best LSU class I've seen in a while, and that's noteworthy.

ShotgunDawg
05-12-2019, 12:22 AM

Simply amazing how they do that when they struggle to throw the ball. Simply amazing.

Homedawg
05-12-2019, 05:15 PM
Simply amazing how they do that when they struggle to throw the ball. Simply amazing.

Well they can show several big time receivers in the league. And they play the game as well as anyone. Add those together and you have a recipe for success!

ShotgunDawg
05-12-2019, 05:23 PM
Well they can show several big time receivers in the league. And they play the game as well as anyone. Add those together and you have a recipe for success!

I'm going to go out on a limb & guess it's a good bit more than that...

msstate7
05-12-2019, 05:33 PM

Kids around the country dream of playing in tiger stadium. LSU puts tons of players in nfl (2nd in current nfl players to Bama). Does LSU cheat? Hell yeah, everyone does, but this isn't the main reason they're loading up imo

BuckyIsAB****
05-12-2019, 05:50 PM
Kids around the country dream of playing in tiger stadium. LSU puts tons of players in nfl (2nd in current nfl players to Bama). Does LSU cheat? Hell yeah, everyone does, but this isn't the main reason they're loading up imo

I think the mystique of Tiger Stadium has died some but its def still one of the most well known brands in the country. I dont think anyone fears LSU the way they did in 2000 to 2011. That was a hell of a run for them

bulldawg28
05-12-2019, 06:52 PM
I think the mystique of Tiger Stadium has died some but its def still one of the most well known brands in the country. I dont think anyone fears LSU the way they did in 2000 to 2011. That was a hell of a run for them

As long as they have 90k attending the game it will be a special place.

Irondawg
05-12-2019, 08:06 PM
Mike D was talking on Bounds show about how this year they decided to recruit more nationally and how it's paid off. I'm sure they use the same plan of attack as the other big boys.

bulldawg28
05-12-2019, 09:24 PM
Mike D was talking on Bounds show about how this year they decided to recruit more nationally and how it's paid off. I'm sure they use the same plan of attack as the other big boys.

Recruiting nationally is good for us

Irondawg
05-13-2019, 08:32 AM
It is if we can focus more on LA - it's been good to us over the years but last year we struggled there some. We could probably use a coach somewhere with strong LA ties if we don't already have one.

msstate7
05-13-2019, 08:45 AM
Looking over the sec, only 3 teams (us, om, and vandy) don't have at least 2 composite 4-stars. If you go by avg per recruit, we're 13th in the sec. We are 5th in the sec, but it's just a numbers game right now... we have 2 more commits than every team below us.

The good news is there is a long way to go. I do wonder how many 4-stars we will be able to get with such a limited number in miss and most of them trending elsewhere. Who are some OOS 4-star guys that we have a legitimate shot at?

Homedawg
05-13-2019, 11:11 AM

So sending guys to the NFL, and playing the game(i.e. cheating like hell) isn't enough? ok they are a top 10 or 15 program. How's that?n It's not complicated.

maroonmania
05-13-2019, 08:21 PM
Looking over the sec, only 3 teams (us, om, and vandy) don't have at least 2 composite 4-stars. If you go by avg per recruit, we're 13th in the sec. We are 5th in the sec, but it's just a numbers game right now... we have 2 more commits than every team below us.

The good news is there is a long way to go. I do wonder how many 4-stars we will be able to get with such a limited number in miss and most of them trending elsewhere. Who are some OOS 4-star guys that we have a legitimate shot at?

Heck, everything in football in such an uphill struggle for us with all of the recruiting hype to deal with and the extra incentives we don't see to offer as freely as some. Even when we get a guy and he is excited to commit it seems 2 months later he is ready to decommit to "weigh his options". Guess we are not even the favorite to get McKinley even with all of the first round DL we've had lately plus him having a former MSU football player as his HC and us signing his teammate this past class even though he was somewhat of a reach to be given an SEC football scholarship.

sscjr1
05-13-2019, 08:33 PM
Heck, everything in football in such an uphill struggle for us with all of the recruiting hype to deal with and the extra incentives we don't see to offer as freely as some. Even when we get a guy and he is excited to commit it seems 2 months later he is ready to decommit to "weigh his options". Guess we are not even the favorite to get McKinley even with all of the first round DL we've had lately plus him having a former MSU football player as his HC and us signing his teammate this past class even though he was somewhat of a reach to be given an SEC football scholarship.
Doesn?t seem like we?re even in the mix

ShotgunDawg
05-13-2019, 10:31 PM
So sending guys to the NFL, and playing the game(i.e. cheating like hell) isn't enough? ok they are a top 10 or 15 program. How's that?n It's not complicated.

Nah. My guess is that it's more than that.

ShotgunDawg
05-13-2019, 10:31 PM

Football recruiting is endlessly fascinating to me

KOdawg1
05-13-2019, 11:19 PM
Diwun Black announced that he's headed to Juco instead of UF, like most predicted. He said "I wasn't post to graduate" so there's that. We'll get another chance to recruit him I guess, but I think he's burned all bridges with us.

Bothrops
05-14-2019, 08:06 AM
Diwun Black's trips to the UF campus are history. He was a spike for their recruiting rankings for much of the last cycle, and nothing more. I hope he gets the help he needs.

Bothrops
05-14-2019, 09:27 AM
Jo'Quavious Marks trending MSU, his verbal announcement is Monday. Paul likes it. What do we know?

msstate7
05-14-2019, 09:28 AM
Jo'Quavious Marks trending MSU, his verbal announcement is Monday. Paul likes it. What do we know?
This would be huge at a big position of need

KOdawg1
05-14-2019, 09:51 AM
I'm not getting too excited because this smells of another highly rated recruit that loves us early until he goes to one of the big boys when it gets to be crunch time. Not saying we aren't in it for Marks because we probably are, but it's entirely too early in the process, as we saw last week.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
05-14-2019, 10:04 AM
Who will be the leader of this class? Is it Will Rogers?

sscjr1
05-14-2019, 10:06 AM

These never seem to work out for us

msstate7
05-14-2019, 10:08 AM
Is it FSU and us or GT an actual player?

Doggie_Style
05-14-2019, 10:13 AM
FSU was the leader but he seems to have backed away from them recently....he's visiting N.C. this weekend. IMO we offer him the best opportunity

StarkVegasSteve
05-14-2019, 11:40 AM
All of Marks comments seem to insinuate it'll be us, but he could just be telling our guys what they want to hear. If it's true that FSU is backing off/he's getting worried about possible coaching instability with Taggart then we do provide the best opportunity. I know Joe has taken this one over and it seems like he is the main recruiter on Marks which tells me how high of a priority he is to this staff.

Bothrops
05-14-2019, 12:46 PM
FSU was the leader but he seems to have backed away from them recently....he's visiting N.C. this weekend. IMO we offer him the best opportunity

We offer him the best opportunity out of his current offers, period.

BuckyIsAB****
05-14-2019, 07:35 PM
Who will be the leader of this class? Is it Will Rogers?

In my opinion, yes

msstate7
05-15-2019, 12:26 PM
If Moorhead can pull Stevens and marks this week, it would be a very nice week

Doggie_Style
05-15-2019, 02:11 PM
If Moorhead can pull Stevens and marks this week, it would be a very nice week

I agree...Pulling Marks, aka 'Woody', would be huge and could help with momentum going forward

Todd4State
05-15-2019, 11:29 PM
Diwun Black announced that he's headed to Juco instead of UF, like most predicted. He said "I wasn't post to graduate" so there's that. We'll get another chance to recruit him I guess, but I think he's burned all bridges with us.

And he dudnt.

BuckyIsAB****
05-16-2019, 11:06 AM

Idk

StarkVegasSteve
05-16-2019, 11:29 AM
So does anyone have a beat on what Marks is going to do? Our guys seem pretty confident and FSU guys seem pretty confident, although their confidence has wavered a bit in the last couple of months.

StarkVegasSteve
05-17-2019, 02:06 PM
FWIW, Steve just put his CB to us for Marks

Todd4State
05-17-2019, 11:01 PM
Looks like we offered three in state players today.

Jimmy Holiday- ATH from Madison Central
Grant Jackson- OL from West Lincoln
Trey Tuggle- OL from Mize

Ari Gold
05-18-2019, 07:16 AM
Long ways to go until December , but Marks in the boat next week is half the battle
And there will be a lot of posters eating crow some if I’m not mistaken even taking a leave of absence if we sign Marks..

Doggie_Style
05-18-2019, 11:01 AM
Long ways to go until December , but Marks in the boat next week is half the battle
And there will be a lot of posters eating crow some if I’m not mistaken even taking a leave of absence if we sign Marks..

I will gladly eat crow if Jo signs Marks...I never pull against State...and yea I'll be glad to never post here as well

Ari Gold
05-19-2019, 09:49 AM
If Marks follows thru on his announcement date look for it to be a a Win for CJM and Staff.. Huge pickup

msbulldog
05-19-2019, 02:10 PM
I will gladly eat crow if Jo signs Marks...I never pull against State...and yea I'll be glad to never post here as well

Doggie Style, nobody wants you to quit participating.

Bdawg
05-19-2019, 06:54 PM
If Marks follows thru on his announcement date look for it to be a a Win for CJM and Staff.. Huge pickup

When is that supposed to happen again?

KOdawg1
05-19-2019, 10:17 PM
When is that supposed to happen again?

Tomorrow at 9:30 ct

Hambone
05-19-2019, 11:46 PM
Is it just me or are we going DLine JUCO heavy early in this class?

timotheus
05-20-2019, 06:34 AM
This east miss juco DL commit looks good

ZedFedder
05-20-2019, 09:37 AM
Marks is in the boat.

Ari Gold
05-20-2019, 09:39 AM
Boom !!!!

msstate7
05-20-2019, 09:39 AM
Marks is in the boat.

This is a big commit. Well done joe

ZedFedder
05-20-2019, 09:41 AM
Here is his Hudl for anyone who wants to view. My first time to watch, and I must say he looks dang good.

http://www.hudl.com/profile/7547610/JoQuavious-Marks

KOdawg1
05-20-2019, 09:43 AM
Great get. Just need to hold on to him.

StarkVegasSteve
05-20-2019, 09:45 AM
Massive get at a position of need. Hell of a 4 day stretch for the staff. Stevens, McCrae, and now Marks.....WHO NEXT?

msu15
05-20-2019, 09:49 AM
Is it just me or are we going DLine JUCO heavy early in this class?

We should every year for all positions if there are SEC caliber players available.

vv83
05-20-2019, 09:49 AM
sweet, great get. which one of the receiver decommits is the one that we feel good about getting back?

Doggie_Style
05-20-2019, 09:52 AM
sweet, great get. which one of the receiver decommits is the one that we feel good about getting back?

E Jai Mason....the commitment by Marks could be the catalyst to keep recruiting rolling

KOdawg1
05-20-2019, 09:56 AM

Both Mason and Griffin

Irondawg
05-20-2019, 10:03 AM
Would love to get benson and/or D. Johnson as well

Doggie_Style
05-20-2019, 10:05 AM
Would love to get benson and/or D. Johnson as well

I completely agree.....we need at least one more at RB

HoopsDawg
05-20-2019, 10:08 AM
This is a big commit. Well done joe

Very big. RB was looking rough in 2020 especially if Kylin goes pro. Marks is a homerun threat and good to see us pulling a player from Georgia like JWS used to.

BuckyIsAB****
05-20-2019, 10:38 AM
The fire Moorhead people should go ahead and jump off the ledge*

StateDawg44
05-20-2019, 12:08 PM
The fire Moorhead people should go ahead and jump off the ledge*

Don't hold your breath. They are waiting on the next inkling of something to drag his name and the team through the mud and scream it from that ledge. All for the sake of saying "I told you so."

msstate7
05-21-2019, 08:29 AM
Not sure Patterson will be a part of this class; but if so, we have 5/12 (.417) juco commits. If not, it's 4/11 (.364). Are we gonna go juco heavy this cycle?

BrunswickDawg
05-21-2019, 09:18 AM
Not sure Patterson will be a part of this class; but if so, we have 5/12 (.417) juco commits. If not, it's 4/11 (.364). Are we gonna go juco heavy this cycle?

May need to. The JUCO 2020 kids are guys that were recruited for 2018. That class was pretty light with only 20 enrollees. And, we had so many JUCOS in 2017, I think it has messed up numbers some. not mention only signing 21 this year. We've got spots to give.

Jack Lambert
05-21-2019, 09:23 AM
May need to. The JUCO 2020 kids are guys that were recruited for 2018. That class was pretty light with only 20 enrollees. And, we had so many JUCOS in 2017, I think it has messed up numbers some. not mention only signing 21 this year. We've got spots to give.

I would imagine Stevens took one of those spots and maybe we can get another transfer for this season.

BrunswickDawg
05-21-2019, 09:39 AM
I would imagine Stevens took one of those spots and maybe we can get another transfer for this season.

I'm not sure which class Stevens counts against. As a grad transfer, it may only count against total scholarships, not against the class totals.

I think a lot of this is related to that 2017 class. We had 21 enroll and had 4 prospects go JUCO (2 OL, 2 DL) who aren't coming here. 9 of the class were JUCO players. So of the 25 limit - half the class (13) is gone after this season. And if Willie Gay and Kylin Hill decide to go into the draft, that's 14 or 15. That's an issue when you stack it with only getting 20 to campus in 2018 and signing 21 for the 2019 class.

msstate7
05-21-2019, 09:40 AM
Is there still a loop hole that allows us to back count guys who enroll in January?

BankerDog
05-21-2019, 10:53 AM

I think there is a better chance Patterson is in the class versus Heath. I am a lot more comfortable with Patterson than I am with Heath.

Leroy Jenkins
05-21-2019, 10:59 AM
Is there still a loop hole that allows us to back count guys who enroll in January?

At the beginning of the fall semester you can only have 25 people who are on a new scholarship who were not on scholarship previously. That individual could be a walk-on that got a scholarship, or he could be a new enrollee. If you have more than two years academic experience (grad transfer for example) you do not count towards the annual 25 scholarship limit, but will count toward the 85 cap.

That is why early enrollees start school in the spring semester, so they won't be considered a new scholarship when the fall semester begins (assuming you didn't fill all 25 awardees the previous fall) That's also why walk-ons are sometimes awarded scholarships with the reminder of what's left over after fall camp.

I think.....

Doggie_Style
05-21-2019, 11:20 AM
At the beginning of the fall semester you can only have 25 people who are on a new scholarship who were not on scholarship previously. That individual could be a walk-on that got a scholarship, or he could be a new enrollee. If you have more than two years academic experience (grad transfer for example) you do not count towards the annual 25 scholarship limit, but will count toward the 85 cap.

That is why early enrollees start school in the spring semester, so they won't be a new scholarship when the fall semester begins (assuming you didn't fill all 25 awardees the previous fall) That's also why walk-ons are sometimes awarded scholarships with the reminder of what's left over after fall camp.
I think.....

That's all true except those spring enrollees are counted back to the previous years' class up to the 25 limit, anything over that would be counted in the current years' class....we don't generally get many early enrollees unlike schools like Georgia who had 14 last year

Bothrops
05-21-2019, 02:16 PM
I think there is a better chance Patterson is in the class versus Heath. I am a lot more comfortable with Patterson than I am with Heath.

I'd be a little surprised if Heath in our class.

Doggie_Style
05-21-2019, 02:58 PM

OK so where does our WR recruiting stand?

Heath - expected in class but looking a little shakey
L.Griffen - Decommit but expected back
E.Jai Mason - Decommit but expected back
A. Adams - Decommit and leaning Arky
K. Taylor - Juco prospect and Tenn lean
M. Pettway - 3* still evaluating?

others??

vv83
05-21-2019, 03:10 PM

others??

This scares me

Ari Gold
05-21-2019, 03:36 PM

As of right now I would surprised if he wasnt in this class..

BuckyIsAB****
05-21-2019, 03:48 PM
I am still shocked we arent after Zihenryon Perry more than we are. I get it we may want some OOS LBs but this kid is in state and would commit tomorrow if we offered him. Especially considering how we are going to be thin at LB after this year if things stay the way they are.

Wouldnt surprise me at all to see Mason play LB in college if he comes back like he is expected too

HoopsDawg
05-21-2019, 04:48 PM

others??

Are we still recruiting E. Jai Mason? And before you say yes, are you sure.

HoopsDawg
05-21-2019, 04:50 PM

I don't care if we do. We just need players. Juco, grad transfer, high school, wherever. Just get the best 25 guys you can get. The one juco kid is going to have 3 years of eligibility so not a "true juco".

Cooterpoot
05-21-2019, 07:57 PM
Only way Heath, Mason, or Griffin aren’t at State is if we don’t want them. Adams is 100% Juco. Patterson is a wait and see. Taylor will be a tough pull but we’ll see.

msstate7
05-21-2019, 08:12 PM
I don't care if we do. We just need players. Juco, grad transfer, high school, wherever. Just get the best 25 guys you can get. The one juco kid is going to have 3 years of eligibility so not a "true juco".

I wasn't saying I'm against it. I was just wondering if there was still a way to count them back

Irondawg
05-21-2019, 08:30 PM
Mason tested pretty well at a camp last week I think

HoopsDawg
05-21-2019, 08:48 PM
Mason tested pretty well at a camp last week I think

He didn't test that well in Nashville.

Uncle Ruckus
05-21-2019, 08:53 PM
None of you find it odd that Mason, who plays for Clinton, hasn’t gotten an OM offer. OM, the school Judd Boswell is a superfan of and would offer someone if Judd told them they were good enough. Think about it.

Ari Gold
05-21-2019, 09:37 PM
None of you find it odd that Mason, who plays for Clinton, hasn’t gotten an OM offer. OM, the school Judd Boswell is a superfan of and would offer someone if Judd told them they were good enough. Think about it.

Maybe Mason has zero interest in OM..
and it’s their angle knowing they won’t get him so they make it seem like they don’t want him.. that’s the OM way...

Bothrops
05-21-2019, 09:55 PM
and it’s their angle knowing they won’t get him so they make it seem like they don’t want him.. that’s the OM way...

This^

Irondawg
05-21-2019, 10:32 PM
He didn't test that well in Nashville.

bulldawg28
05-22-2019, 09:48 AM

There goes that theory

msstate7
05-22-2019, 09:56 AM
There goes that theory

I can't really see it. Is that a 4.8 40?

Uncle Ruckus
05-22-2019, 10:09 AM
and it?s their angle knowing they won?t get him so they make it seem like they don?t want him.. that?s the OM way...
I don't think that would stop them from recruiting him. They have recruited plenty of guys who weren't interested in them ie: Aeris Williams
I'm just saying someone could have told them they don't want to sign him, and it has nothing to do with athletic ability. Also, this has nothing to do with this conversation, but we shouldn't sign him as a WR if we sign him. He's like every one we have signed in the last 10 years. He's not a x-factor at WR. Possession guy. Needs to play defense somewhere.

Doggie_Style
05-22-2019, 10:34 AM

It's a 4.65.......not bad......not great

bulldawg28
05-22-2019, 12:01 PM
It's a 4.65.......not bad......not great

It's electronic which equates to 4.4 hand time. He'll get stronger, faster, and learn the proper way to run the 40.

bulldawg28
05-22-2019, 12:02 PM

I can't see the 40 but I see the overall rating of 105, that's legit

HoopsDawg
05-22-2019, 01:00 PM
I can't see the 40 but I see the overall rating of 105, that's legit

33rd of the kids in Nashville.

bulldawg28
05-22-2019, 01:18 PM
33rd of the kids in Nashville.

All 33 aren't from Nashville.