PDA

View Full Version : 2024 MSU FOOTBALL RECRUITING

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Goldendawg
03-12-2023, 09:20 PM
We have two commits thus far:

QB Josh Flowers from Baker in Mobile, AL - 6'2" 205, 4 Star, 0.9021, #19 player in Alabama. #21 ranked QB in nation.

OL T J Lockhart from Winona Secondary School, Winona, MS, 6'6", 365. Not yet ranked.

Someone who knows how might want to sticky this to the top. Long way until December signing day. Hail State!

CadaverDawg
03-12-2023, 11:09 PM
What's the story on Lockhart?

Goldendawg
03-12-2023, 11:34 PM

I got the info on his commitment from a free Paul Jones article on genespage that was posted about 10 hours ago. Maybe someone on here knows him, has seen him play, or knows more about him. Hail State!

KB21
03-12-2023, 11:55 PM
Big guy with some natural movement skill who gets by with being bigger and stronger than his opponent. Below average feet in pass protection. Can engulf and drive off the ball in the run game. Needs to work on pad level.

SpaceBully
03-13-2023, 12:09 AM
Currently has offers from Arkansas State, ULL, and Miss. State. Interest from Memphis, Ole Miss, but no offers. It's early, so we'll see. That's the kind of size I'd like to see at nose tackle, but have no idea if he could play on D or not. Best rule of thumb to recruit OL & DL is find the ones who play basketball at their high schools. That's where they learn to move their feet quick and run better. King Jackie liked tackles that were basketball players for that reason.

MaroonFlounder
03-13-2023, 11:06 AM

He tips the scales at 365 LBs

ScoobaDawg
03-13-2023, 11:14 AM
Thanks. Stuck to the top.

Commercecomet24
03-13-2023, 11:16 AM
Thanks. Stuck to the top.

Thanks!

Homedawg
03-13-2023, 07:02 PM
Big guy with some natural movement skill who gets by with being bigger and stronger than his opponent. Below average feet in pass protection. Can engulf and drive off the ball in the run game. Needs to work on pad level.

Thanks jimmy johnson.

Westdawg
03-13-2023, 07:47 PM

a VERY BIG kid. Watched him up close in a game last year. Winona has some nice talent, both OTs are massive, he?s the bigger of the two. Straight up mauls opponents in run blocking, which is to be expected. Was ok in pass pro, but does need to get better at footwork. Very long length. He?s a bit raw, but not as raw as Dolla Bill was at this stage of development.

ZedFedder
03-15-2023, 06:54 AM
4 star Noreel White from the coast commits to Arkansas.

Todd4State
03-15-2023, 10:53 AM

Bumphis has his work cut out for him. Needs to flip White and Harrell.

I'm afraid he may be the WR version of T-Buck.

KOdawg1
03-15-2023, 11:28 AM

The dude has been here for two months...

Leroy Jenkins
03-15-2023, 12:29 PM

Based on?

Goldendawg
03-15-2023, 02:29 PM

This guy is ranked #10 in the state, but counting a couple of walkon's we have 12 WR's on the roster that range from 5'9" to 6' and from 165 to 190. Several of them are young and a few are 4 stars. Don't get me wrong, I want the best players we can get, especially in-state, but we seem to be seriously overloaded at this WR position and body type. We don't have room for 8 slot players anymore. We barely held on to Tulo and Thomas and we have some highly thought of young talent behind them as in Creekmore. I expect some portal action out at this position after Spring Practice. JMO.

Cooterpoot
03-15-2023, 09:42 PM

White wants to leave MS. We were never getting either ofvtgeee two regardless of coach. You calling Bump TBuck is laughable at this point. He's been here a couple months and has no connection to a lot of these kids. I think White is a better defensive prospect than WR anyway.

Commercecomet24
03-15-2023, 09:56 PM
White wants to leave MS. We were never getting either ofvtgeee two regardless of coach. You calling Bump TBuck is laughable at this point. He's been here a couple months and has no connection to a lot of these kids. I think White is a better defensive prospect than WR anyway.

Yeah arky recruiting white to play defense not offense.

BankerDog
03-15-2023, 10:58 PM
The concern with Bumphis is that he was brought here to help ?lock down the State of MS? with his ?connections? and name ability. That?s what was sold when we hired him. Now three of the top WR prospects in the state are committed to Tenn, Ark, and OM. OM is also now favored for the DL out of the Coast-meanwhile we are suppose to be the premier DL school in the southeast. What gives?

Mjoelner34
03-16-2023, 10:19 AM
He tips the scales at 365 LBs

6'6" 365lbs. There's my NG in a 3 man front.

bulldawg28
03-16-2023, 10:40 AM
The concern with Bumphis is that he was brought here to help ?lock down the State of MS? with his ?connections? and name ability. That?s what was sold when we hired him. Now three of the top WR prospects in the state are committed to Tenn, Ark, and OM. OM is also now favored for the DL out of the Coast-meanwhile we are suppose to be the premier DL school in the southeast. What gives?

It's early.... really early

Todd4State
03-16-2023, 12:03 PM
Based on?

The fact that three of the state's top WR prospects are committed somewhere else and Bumphis was a GOB hire.

KOdawg1
03-16-2023, 12:23 PM
The fact that three of the state's top WR prospects are committed somewhere else and Bumphis was a GOB hire.

GOB hire? The dude was a position coach for a P5 conference champion. It's early. Give him some time before you start saying stupid shit

Todd4State
03-16-2023, 01:28 PM
GOB hire? The dude was a position coach for a P5 conference champion. It's early. Give him some time before you start saying stupid shit

If he didn't go to MSU I highly doubt we would be clamoring over him.

KOdawg1
03-16-2023, 02:58 PM
If he didn't go to MSU I highly doubt we would be clamoring over him.

You're right. He sucks. Hasn't coached a game yet. Hasn't been on the recruiting trail but for a few weeks. But sure. Let's write him off because he went to school here.

Todd4State
03-16-2023, 05:02 PM
You're right. He sucks. Hasn't coached a game yet. Hasn't been on the recruiting trail but for a few weeks. But sure. Let's write him off because he went to school here.

I'm not writing him off. But he is off to a slow start.

KOdawg1
03-16-2023, 05:22 PM
I'm not writing him off. But he is off to a slow start.

"I'm afraid he may be the WR version of T-Buck."
-you

Todd4State
03-16-2023, 09:35 PM
"I'm afraid he may be the WR version of T-Buck."
-you

"May be" is different than "is".

Ari Gold
03-16-2023, 11:09 PM

Again how many WR have put in the league in the last 30 years.?
Bump is a very good hire.
Straight from the mouth of the Utah Head guy , he didn’t want to lose him

Todd4State
03-16-2023, 11:24 PM
Again how many WR have put in the league in the last 30 years.?
Bump is a very good hire.
Straight from the mouth of the Utah Head guy , he didn’t want to lose him

So we're making excuses or are we trying to fix that 30 year issue?

DEDawg
03-18-2023, 08:25 AM

Why do you always get so sensitive lol

KOdawg1
03-18-2023, 08:50 AM
Why do you always get so sensitive lol

Lol is that sensitivity? I think it's just common sense.

I'm pretty sure there's an ignore feature if my sensitive posts are too much for you to handle though. Feel free to use it.

DEDawg
03-18-2023, 09:16 AM
Lol is that sensitivity? I think it's just common sense.

I'm pretty sure there's an ignore feature if my sensitive posts are too much for you to handle though. Feel free to use it.

No you are an awesome poster if were being honest I just dont understand this shift weve had over the past year on this board where you cant criticize a coach.

BuckyIsAB****
03-18-2023, 10:58 AM
No you are an awesome poster if were being honest I just dont understand this shift weve had over the past year on this board where you cant criticize a coach.

Thats 100 percent no true. Leach took an absolute beating on this board

DEDawg
03-18-2023, 02:58 PM

You right. Since Arnett was hired. I guess cause we haven?t played a game yet so fair to wait, but things like Bump losing all 3 targets this early feels concerning. Hopefully he turns that around.

Commercecomet24
03-18-2023, 03:37 PM

Unfortunately Coach Leach did take a beating. Love CZA and his energy but I sure miss Coach Leach, hard to believe he's gone. I've followed him since his first year as a HC

KOdawg1
03-18-2023, 04:59 PM
I criticize coaching all the time. I've stayed away from the baseball threads because I'm about ready to fire Lemonis lol

DEDawg
03-19-2023, 10:10 AM
I criticize coaching all the time. I've stayed away from the baseball threads because I'm about ready to fire Lemonis lol

Ugh all I can say about that is thank God for Jans because baseball is supposed to be our safety net but Lemonis didnt get the memo

RockyDog
03-20-2023, 09:47 AM

Premier DL school in the SE? I think Bama, Georgia, LSU and others would beg to differ.

We?ve got 3 great ones playing in the league right now no doubt. And a couple others like Sweat as well. But let?s not act like we are a dl pipeline to the NFL. Fletcher is on the back end of his career. Jones and Simmons are from 3 coaching regimes ago.

Do we even have NFL prospects on the roster? Kinda hard to call yourself a pipeline if that?s not the case every year.

HancockCountyDog
03-20-2023, 12:20 PM
Its a sports message board. if you take away bitching about coaches, i think the board becomes a board about weather, the occasional recruit and waiting for someone that either works for or plays for the bears to get arrested.

1bigdawg
03-20-2023, 04:22 PM
Premier DL school in the SE? I think Bama, Georgia, LSU and others would beg to differ.

We?ve got 3 great ones playing in the league right now no doubt. And a couple others like Sweat as well. But let?s not act like we are a dl pipeline to the NFL. Fletcher is on the back end of his career. Jones and Simmons are from 3 coaching regimes ago.

Do we even have NFL prospects on the roster? Kinda hard to call yourself a pipeline if that?s not the case every year.

I don't know. I did read an ESPN(?) article about the top DLs in the league this past year. They listed six and two were MSU grads. They listed two honorable mentions and 1 was an MSU alum. It may not be every year, but we do send the cream of the crop.

BankerDog
03-20-2023, 06:54 PM

Can Young this year, Crumedy next year, Trevion Williams and Denkins the next year.

The point is, you shouldn?t be losing the top MS DL to Ole Miss when we are the ones developing guys into the league. I would?ve loved to see what Benito Jones would have done here..

Pancho
03-21-2023, 06:48 AM
turner being back on staff will be a help in this area. The rest of the incentive will have to be NIL.

Tater
03-21-2023, 09:06 PM

Joined two months ago.

Most posts disparage State athletics and the football team.

Someone call the enforcer, I smell fish out of water.

SPDawgs
03-22-2023, 08:48 AM
Keep an eye out on Michael Johnson from South Panola. listed as an Athlete was offered last week and took a visit may be a package deal with Julius Pope 4 star also from South Panola.

RockyDog
03-22-2023, 09:51 AM
Joined two months ago.

Most posts disparage State athletics and the football team.

Someone call the enforcer, I smell fish out of water.

Not disparaging the team at all. Just being truthful. We had 2 guys drafted in the top 2 rounds in the last 7 drafts and that dude was trying to say we were a DL pipeline. Just pointed out that the actual top tier programs in the SEC would probably disagree with the thought of MSU being a DL pipeline, thats all. I didn't realize that this was Jean Swindoll sunshine pumper land.

99jc
03-22-2023, 03:08 PM
Not disparaging the team at all. Just being truthful. We had 2 guys drafted in the top 2 rounds in the last 7 drafts and that dude was trying to say we were a DL pipeline. Just pointed out that the actual top tier programs in the SEC would probably disagree with the thought of MSU being a DL pipeline, thats all. I didn't realize that this was Jean Swindoll sunshine pumper land.

His IP says tenn......rocky top hillbilly. get lost bitch

DEDawg
03-22-2023, 04:01 PM
We have some insanely soft fans who will try to crucify you for having any sort of slightly differentiating opinion. Dont let them get to you

Pancho
03-22-2023, 08:55 PM
DEDawg speaketh mucho truth

Tater
03-23-2023, 02:33 AM

You're an idiot if you don't think State is a top 10 or better DL School.

Your arbitrary "statistic" is whack as it is. You went and found the way to try to make it sound as absolutely bad as you can. You said last 7 years so that way you could include this year already, to make it sound worse and cutoff when Chris Jones was drafted. If you say last 7 DRAFTS you have to include him. You say last 8 drafts and you have to say Preston Smith.

You also act like State players don't get criminally under-drafted. We've had guys like Denico Autry make a whole career after being undrafted. If you go and pull up DLine from every school from the last 15 years, you're hard pressed to name 5 DLines better than Mississippi State. I choose 15 as my number because it's what kids committing / transferring will have in their memory and cuts out virtually no one still in the league.

We may not be the best, but to try to tear us down like our DLine isn't in that top tier with Clemson, Bama, Georgia, Ohio State just comes across as you either A. wanting to be right or B. being a dishonest party.

Couple that with every other post you've made and you're not here to be a Dawg, you're here to stir shit and "right".

News flash, RockyReb

Msstate7: We have got to steal Hubbard
RockyDog: Not gonna happen. He wants to play n the Pavilion

You were wrong here and wrong in this conversation. Leave this board. You and KB and a few others that popped up in the January bannings are quite insufferable. We remove Coach34 and 10 more worse versions pop up.

Pancho
03-23-2023, 05:13 AM
removed 34?

SilentSteel16
03-23-2023, 11:22 AM
So C34 died or something? What happened there?

Goldendawg
03-23-2023, 12:18 PM
Anyone got any recruiting rumors or news to get this thread back on track?

Pancho
03-23-2023, 12:27 PM
nope. we all hiding to avoid the "tater wrath"

PMDawg
03-23-2023, 12:38 PM
The Waller kid from Picayune just got bumped to a 5 star by 247, and is now their 22nd ranked player in the nation. Bama effect? I notice we're not in his top 5, but 4 blue bloods and Ole Miss are. I assume he is an OM fan who just listed them to be nice and is going to go to Bama or Georgia? Anybody got the scoop?

https://247sports.com/Player/Jamonta-Waller-46137106/

SilentSteel16
03-23-2023, 03:12 PM
I heard we are after a high end WR from the South but CZA is still waiting on approval from KB before formally offering. He left a voicemail on KBs phone but he still hasn’t gotten from underneath Kilff Kingsburys desk yet to respond.

DEDawg
03-23-2023, 06:33 PM
The Waller kid from Picayune just got bumped to a 5 star by 247, and is now their 22nd ranked player in the nation. Bama effect? I notice we're not in his top 5, but 4 blue bloods and Ole Miss are. I assume he is an OM fan who just listed them to be nice and is going to go to Bama or Georgia? Anybody got the scoop?

https://247sports.com/Player/Jamonta-Waller-46137106/

Sucks we are never in the market for these types of guys anymore. Welcome to NIL I guess ugh

Cooterpoot
03-24-2023, 09:17 AM
We're basically blocked in Picayune. We 17d things up so bad they barely even acknowledge we exist.
We'll no get kids from there anytime soon. And let's be honest, this staff is behind with all the change and new system/coaches. We look like we're recruiting better out of state than instate and that's ok, except the class is loaded in MS.

PMDawg
03-24-2023, 09:41 AM
We're basically blocked in Picayune. We 17d things up so bad they barely even acknowledge we exist.
We'll no get kids from there anytime soon. And let's be honest, this staff is behind with all the change and new system/coaches. We look like we're recruiting better out of state than instate and that's ok, except the class is loaded in MS.

I was able to talk to someone I know down that way who should definitely know - they claim Waller has always wanted to play for Ole Miss, but Alabama is making it a difficult decision.

BankerDog
03-26-2023, 05:15 PM
4* DL Jeff Rush from the Coast commits to OM. They are also predicted to land the Beavers kid from Bay Springs and are in the top 5 for the #1 player in the state, Waller. This isn?t good at all-the whole reason we brought in some of the guys we did was ?they know the state and have the connections.? Really hope we can turn it on here soon. We shouldn?t be losing MS defensive kids to Ole Miss.

BankerDog
03-26-2023, 05:18 PM

I am fine with us being good out of state, what I don?t like is people pounding how solid this staff is for MS recruiting and that?s why we had to bring in a Will Friend, Bumphis, and Turner because of their ties to the state and we seem, in my opinion, to be getting cleaned in a loaded MS class.

bulldawg28
03-26-2023, 06:01 PM
I don't care where the talent is from just bring in the best players.

civildawg
03-26-2023, 06:01 PM
Are we just going to be out of it with coast players? Ole miss killing us in state right now

RockyDog
03-26-2023, 06:04 PM
You're an idiot if you don't think State is a top 10 or better DL School.

Your arbitrary "statistic" is whack as it is. You went and found the way to try to make it sound as absolutely bad as you can. You said last 7 years so that way you could include this year already, to make it sound worse and cutoff when Chris Jones was drafted. If you say last 7 DRAFTS you have to include him. You say last 8 drafts and you have to say Preston Smith.

You also act like State players don't get criminally under-drafted. We've had guys like Denico Autry make a whole career after being undrafted. If you go and pull up DLine from every school from the last 15 years, you're hard pressed to name 5 DLines better than Mississippi State. I choose 15 as my number because it's what kids committing / transferring will have in their memory and cuts out virtually no one still in the league.

We may not be the best, but to try to tear us down like our DLine isn't in that top tier with Clemson, Bama, Georgia, Ohio State just comes across as you either A. wanting to be right or B. being a dishonest party.

Couple that with every other post you've made and you're not here to be a Dawg, you're here to stir shit and "right".

News flash, RockyReb

Msstate7: We have got to steal Hubbard
RockyDog: Not gonna happen. He wants to play n the Pavilion

You were wrong here and wrong in this conversation. Leave this board. You and KB and a few others that popped up in the January bannings are quite insufferable. We remove Coach34 and 10 more worse versions pop up.

Shut the 17 up Jean. In now way did I tear us down. You are a fool. I simply said we aren?t DL U as the first poster stated. Stop trying to be internet badass and read. I backed up what I said. We have some NICE players in the league like Smith, Sweat, Autry etc to go along with our 3 studs. But what I said is accurate. We haven?t had a first rounder since Simmons.

Simply put you can?t call yourself DL u when you aren?t consistently putting in first rounders like several other teams in the conference are doing. That is in NO WAY a slight to MSU. It is the truth. Sorry you can?t handle it Tater Swindoll

Westdawg
03-26-2023, 07:57 PM
So let me help you fellas out that are freaking out atm:

We have a first time HC (albeit, a proven DC) with a near complete turnover of a staff, particularly the offensive staff. Sure we brought in some guys who have ties within the state, and some who have a strong proven track record as coaches, even at MSU.
However, these guys have been on staff together for what, 2-3 months, and you are all freaking out because we didn?t some of the top in-state guys to commit immediately?
Give them some time. They?ve only had a few weeks since they?ve even been able to officially contact recruits. Now, if we are in this boat come late October/November, we can start wondering some out loud

Commercecomet24
03-26-2023, 09:57 PM
4* DL Jeff Rush from the Coast commits to OM. They are also predicted to land the Beavers kid from Bay Springs and are in the top 5 for the #1 player in the state, Waller. This isn?t good at all-the whole reason we brought in some of the guys we did was ?they know the state and have the connections.? Really hope we can turn it on here soon. We shouldn?t be losing MS defensive kids to Ole Miss.

Beavers is not high on om at all. Don't count on him going there. He likes us but may go out of state. We'll see.

DEDawg
03-26-2023, 10:03 PM

We have a first time HC (albeit, a proven DC) with a near complete turnover of a staff, particularly the offensive staff. Sure we brought in some guys who have ties within the state, and some who have a strong proven track record as coaches, even at MSU.
However, these guys have been on staff together for what, 2-3 months, and you are all freaking out because we didn?t some of the top in-state guys to commit immediately?
Give them some time. They?ve only had a few weeks since they?ve even been able to officially contact recruits. Now, if we are in this boat come late October/November, we can start wondering some out loud
Bro stoppppp beating the drum jfc its so tiresome. Its a recruiting, nobody is freaking out.

Its conversation.

Tater
03-27-2023, 11:03 AM
Shut the 17 up Jean. In now way did I tear us down. You are a fool. I simply said we aren?t DL U as the first poster stated. Stop trying to be internet badass and read. I backed up what I said. We have some NICE players in the league like Smith, Sweat, Autry etc to go along with our 3 studs. But what I said is accurate. We haven?t had a first rounder since Simmons.

Simply put you can?t call yourself DL u when you aren?t consistently putting in first rounders like several other teams in the conference are doing. That is in NO WAY a slight to MSU. It is the truth. Sorry you can?t handle it Tater Swindoll

Last 15 years, First round DL and their Pro Bowls
Alabama - 4 players with 6 combined Pro Bowls.
Mississippi State - 3 players with 8 combined Pro Bowls. (Fun fact, Mississippi State has had two DL First round picks selected more recently than Alabama and Clemson's last first round DL)
Clemson - 5 players with 2 combined Pro Bowls.
Georgia - 3 players with 0 combined Pro Bowls. All this past year.
Ohio State - 4 players with 14 combined Pro Bowls.

Again my point is you're comparing us to a fairy tale and trying to tear us down based on that. Instead look at the actual stats. State is in the upper Echelon. Bama and Clemson haven't had a first round DL since Simmons either bud.

Commercecomet24
03-27-2023, 11:21 AM
Last 15 years, First round DL and their Pro Bowls
Alabama - 4 players with 6 combined Pro Bowls.
Mississippi State - 3 players with 8 combined Pro Bowls. (Fun fact, Mississippi State has had two DL First round picks selected more recently than Alabama and Clemson's last first round DL)
Clemson - 5 players with 2 combined Pro Bowls.
Georgia - 3 players with 0 combined Pro Bowls. All this past year.
Ohio State - 4 players with 14 combined Pro Bowls.

Again my point is you're comparing us to a fairy tale and trying to tear us down based on that. Instead look at the actual stats. State is in the upper Echelon. Bama and Clemson haven't had a first round DL since Simmons either bud.

Those look like pretty good facts to me. Thanks for posting that, Tater! Have some rep!

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Tater again.

Tater
03-27-2023, 11:23 AM
Those look like pretty good facts to me. Thanks for posting that, Tater! Have some rep!

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Tater again.

Thanks man. Idk what school this guy seems to be thinking of that has a first round DL every year. He's living in la-la land.

Westdawg
03-27-2023, 08:07 PM
Bro stoppppp beating the drum jfc its so tiresome. Its a recruiting, nobody is freaking out.

Its conversation.

Mm, you might want to re-read this thread. There?s a couple that need a high dose prescription for anxiety already and it?s not even summer. Most heads in the thread are calm - concerned but calm.

Goldendawg
03-27-2023, 09:03 PM
I only get recruiting info from you guys or free articles on 24/7. I know it is somewhat early and we have several new coaches/administration people on board, but looking at our top 40 targets on 24/7 is somewhat concerning if their info is accurate. Out of our Top 40, 2 have committed to us, 1 (a MS QB) is committed to aTm, 3 are warm to us and the vast remainder are cool. Anyone got any positive insight that can be shared at this time? Thanks.

Tater
03-28-2023, 02:05 AM
I only get recruiting info from you guys or free articles on 24/7. I know it is somewhat early and we have several new coaches/administration people on board, but looking at our top 40 targets on 24/7 is somewhat concerning if their info is accurate. Out of our Top 40, 2 have committed to us, 1 (a MS QB) is committed to aTm, 3 are warm to us and the vast remainder are cool. Anyone got any positive insight that can be shared at this time? Thanks.

Recruiting rankings mean dogshit.

We've consistently outperformed our talent in the SEC especially on defense across 10+ DCs.

I proved we're upper echelon DLU so bad that RockyReb won't comment on this thread until we hit the next page (so he thinks everyone will forget)

Our best players have been guys who commit to us as 2 and 3 stars.

We're Egg Bowl Champions

Todd4State
03-29-2023, 04:33 AM

Your points are valid. However we have been sold on "this group of coaches is the best recruiting staff at MSU ever!"

And it seems like we're behind in every player.

Cooterpoot
03-29-2023, 09:10 AM
If Beavers isn't a take for AL, I think we get him. That's a big IF.
I think we can pull the OG guys and Travis. There's going to be a lot of back and forth this time with all the talent instate.
We didn't really push for Rush. We know Picayune ain't happening. We know Franklin goes OOS. The rest? We'll see. It's a strong defense year.

HancockCountyDog
03-29-2023, 10:13 AM
I think we can pull the OG guys and Travis. There's going to be a lot of back and forth this time with all the talent instate.
We didn't really push for Rush. We know Picayune ain't happening. We know Franklin goes OOS. The rest? We'll see. It's a strong defense year.

I hope we can do a little better than that in-state. We are a school that relies on in-state talent to win and a year like this year comes around about once every 7-8 years and I really do hope we can do better than what you are saying. The fact that we can't do well in Picayune just blows me away. We have a strong alumni presence in that town.

Commercecomet24
03-29-2023, 11:18 AM

Yeah I agree with this based on what I've been hearing especially on beavers.

KB21
03-30-2023, 01:55 PM
I feel like we will get Hibbler from Holmes County, Daniels from West Poinyt, Eachols from Houston, Moore from Oak Grove, Travis from Grenada, Broomfield from Clarksdale, Woodland from Oak Grove, and Petty from Starkville. I think we might flip Maddox from Oak Grove.

BuckyIsAB****
04-01-2023, 10:14 PM
The oak grove QB is not a SEC player. Dont see it at all.

BuckyIsAB****
04-01-2023, 10:15 PM
Petty is 10x better than the OG kid

KB21
04-01-2023, 11:02 PM
The oak grove QB is not a SEC player. Dont see it at all.

Not as a QB. Maybe as an athlete.

Offshore Dawg
04-02-2023, 02:46 PM

Here we go again. Mentioning that if a blue blood doesn't want them then State can have the leftovers.

Offshore Dawg
04-02-2023, 02:49 PM
I hope we can do a little better than that in-state. We are a school that relies on in-state talent to win and a year like this year comes around about once every 7-8 years and I really do hope we can do better than what you are saying. The fact that we can't do well in Picayune just blows me away. We have a strong alumni presence in that town.

Just because you have numbers doesn't mean they're doing anything to help recruiting

Bothrops
04-02-2023, 09:16 PM
I want Hibbler, Travis, Moore or Beavers and a nice DE surprise from HS, juco or portal. That's my DL wishlist

HancockCountyDog
04-02-2023, 09:42 PM
I don't know if we put this information here, but Dortch just entered the portal.

I had high hopes for him.

Tater
04-03-2023, 10:12 AM
I don't know if we put this information here, but Dortch just entered the portal.

I had high hopes for him.

Fourth string and passed by a true freshman. Some guys will naturally be casualties of getting in lots of talent. Good problem for the program to have, not so much for the kids. Hope he finds a good landing spot at a G5/FCS/Juco

HancockCountyDog
04-03-2023, 10:15 AM
Fourth string and passed by a true freshman. Some guys will naturally be casualties of getting in lots of talent. Good problem for the program to have, not so much for the kids. Hope he finds a good landing spot at a G5/FCS/Juco

I just hate a bad evaluation and a waste of a scholarship. I know it happens, but it still annoys me. Moving on....

Goldendawg
04-03-2023, 10:40 AM

I have stated before our WR room has far too many candidates, especially at the slot, (I went over our roster before Spring Practice began and we had about 14 at this position), with many having common traits in both abilities and size. Our changing O cannot support about 20 or more receivers like the Air Raid kept. You will see more hit the portal after Spring Practice. JMO. Hail State!

Cooterpoot
04-04-2023, 10:07 AM
Here we go again. Mentioning that if a blue blood doesn't want them then State can have the leftovers.

What? He likes AL. AL pulls the best in the country. They may recruit over him. I damn sure hope they do.

BorneDawg
04-04-2023, 11:18 AM
I have stated before our WR room has far too many candidates, especially at the slot, (I went over our roster before Spring Practice began and we had about 14 at this position), with many having common traits in both abilities and size. Our changing O cannot support about 20 or more receivers like the Air Raid kept. You will see more hit the portal after Spring Practice. JMO. Hail State!

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Goldendawg again.

BuckyIsAB****
04-04-2023, 05:56 PM

USM

Goldendawg
04-05-2023, 10:32 AM
Two commits when I started this thread on 3/12 and the same two now. Anyone got any news, predictions, or rumors? Hail State!

Bothrops
04-08-2023, 04:02 AM
I just hate a bad evaluation and a waste of a scholarship. I know it happens, but it still annoys me. Moving on....

It's not like he wouldn't have player here in the past. We deep there.

ZedFedder
04-10-2023, 08:55 AM
Arnett just put out the commit video. Who is it?

StarkVegasSteve
04-10-2023, 12:07 PM
Daniels just committed to FL. Our lock down the state recruiting staff is really cleaning up.

KOdawg1
04-10-2023, 12:07 PM
West Point RB Kahnen Daniels just committed to Florida.

Ouch

Leroy Jenkins
04-10-2023, 01:18 PM
Arnett just put out the commit video. Who is it?

https://twitter.com/__caleb0/status/1645480223528321049?s=20

BankerDog
04-10-2023, 01:19 PM
West Point RB Kahnen Daniels just committed to Florida.

Ouch

I was told I was freaking out about ?sounding the alarm? on the ?lock the state down? recruiting staff we hired. I have no problems with taking the best players regardless of where they are from, but don?t sell me that the reason we take certain coaches to ?lock down the state? when we can?t and we are losing the top defensive players to the instate rival who isn?t a defensive minded school.

This kid and JJ Harrell were State leans under Leach?s staff. I wonder what changed.

Leroy Jenkins
04-10-2023, 01:25 PM
"We can't recruit RBs because Air Raid"

{changes to a run heavy scheme}

"We can't recruit RBs because we changed"

ZedFedder
04-10-2023, 01:25 PM
I?m big on Arnett, but it?s at the point now where the in-state recruiting is concerning. I hat you have to hope for is that it?s early, and some of these guys will back off of their commitments. More than a few of Mississippi?s top guys headed out of state as it stands.

Leroy Jenkins
04-10-2023, 01:29 PM
It may be better to catch them on the rebound when they transfer back home anyway. Then you won't have to recruit them at the end of every year after they've used their transfer.

StarkVegasSteve
04-10-2023, 01:33 PM
I don't have a problem with our recruiting right now. A little light, but the camps will be where we see a lot of our guys commit if I had to guess. The biggest problem I have is that we were sold on this staff due to all their connections to MS. And right now we're getting absolutely killed with in state recruiting. Now, I think we'll get 2 or 3 back in the boat before signing day, but it seems like now the goalposts are moving. First it was we're going to clean up in state, then it was well you've got to give them time to get acclimated, and now it's well these commitments won't stick and we'll get them all back. The narrative should've always been that it was going to take time to acclimate and this class was going to be a struggle for us.

KOdawg1
04-10-2023, 01:35 PM
FWIW, I don't see Kahnen sticking with UF, but it is somewhat concerning that we don't seem to be gaining traction in the state so far.

We have a stigma with recruits that we need to shake

KB21
04-10-2023, 01:38 PM
We downgraded our offensive coaching staff to get recruiters with ties to Mississippi. When will we see those results?

Tater
04-10-2023, 02:24 PM
We downgraded our offensive coaching staff to get recruiters with ties to Mississippi. When will we see those results?

When will you grow up and gain object permanence? Mr. I need immediately to be Georgia good or I'm gonna throw a tantrum.

Go cry elsewhere man. At least RockyReb learned to shut up and tuck his tail when he was show to be an idiot.

KB21
04-10-2023, 02:48 PM
When will you grow up and gain object permanence? Mr. I need immediately to be Georgia good or I'm gonna throw a tantrum.

Go cry elsewhere man. At least RockyReb learned to shut up and tuck his tail when he was show to be an idiot.

Well, we decided to go with an offensive style that requires elite, NFL talent at the skill positions to have any success, and we have yet to recruit a single potential NFL talent at WR or RB.

Tater
04-10-2023, 03:20 PM
Well, we decided to go with an offensive style that requires elite, NFL talent at the skill positions to have any success, and we have yet to recruit a single potential NFL talent at WR or RB.

Again you're missing the point. It's been two months. Give it some time.

You have no object permanence because if you don't see it then it's not happening.

You have no patience because you literally think rome was built in a day. There's 0 reason for us to pressure kids to commit before they've seen our offense run a single play in game in this regime.

Either grow up or leave. Seriously. And I want you to understand it's not the negativity that people don't like. I need you to understand it's your stupidity.

RockyDog
04-10-2023, 03:41 PM

We ran offenses for ~30 years with minimal talent at WR or QB. What we have now is light years ahead of old school MSU.

Point out the NFL talent on the CMU or App State rosters. They seemed to be able to move the ball just fine. You continue to try and convince yourself that NOTHING will work without Leach. Yet you continue to ignore the fact that things weren't going so great WITH Leach.

We were a middling, bottom of the SEC offense for most of Leach's tenure. Which is GREAT for MSU because we historically have SUCKED, like historically bad at offense for most of our lifetimes. But to act like Leach's offense was amazing and Barbay is a lost cause is just stupid on your part. But, keep on with the schtick. You must enjoy being miserable.

BankerDog
04-10-2023, 03:59 PM

You have no object permanence because if you don't see it then it's not happening.

You have no patience because you literally think rome was built in a day. There's 0 reason for us to pressure kids to commit before they've seen our offense run a single play in game in this regime.

Either grow up or leave. Seriously. And I want you to understand it's not the negativity that people don't like. I need you to understand it's your stupidity.

He has a point. we brought in a WR coach basically because he played here and the North MS guys wanted him and also a OL coach in Friend who had MS connections and could ?recruit? and had connections. It is a reason to be concerned and questioned. As Steve said-it was sold that these guys were going to lockdown the state. And truth be told, a lot of people brought up those concerns reminding others of what was said of TBuck when we hired him. I?ll reserve judgement on the offense until I see it in person with our guys

KB21
04-10-2023, 04:22 PM
We ran offenses for ~30 years with minimal talent at WR or QB. What we have now is light years ahead of old school MSU.

Point out the NFL talent on the CMU or App State rosters. They seemed to be able to move the ball just fine. You continue to try and convince yourself that NOTHING will work without Leach. Yet you continue to ignore the fact that things weren't going so great WITH Leach.

We were a middling, bottom of the SEC offense for most of Leach's tenure. Which is GREAT for MSU because we historically have SUCKED, like historically bad at offense for most of our lifetimes. But to act like Leach's offense was amazing and Barbay is a lost cause is just stupid on your part. But, keep on with the schtick. You must enjoy being miserable.

Those teams aren't going against NFL caliber defenders on a weekly basis like Mississippi State does. Hey, but let's keep thinking that running the football 63% of the time on first down and running into 8 man boxes is going to give Mississippi State an edge in the SEC.

MetEdDawg
04-10-2023, 04:22 PM
We've had some of this staff for less than 3 months.

Some of you need to just stop. Lock down the state in less than 3 months? It's gonna take a little time folks. But some of you complaining know that. Just being contrarian to fit a personal narrative.

We haven't played a down of football with an entirely new offense. So yes we will be a little behind even with solid recruiters. If you want to overcome your perceived flaws in our staff, go give to the Bulldog Initiative and make their job easier.

Tater
04-10-2023, 04:33 PM
He has a point. we brought in a WR coach basically because he played here and the North MS guys wanted him and also a OL coach in Friend who had MS connections and could ?recruit? and had connections. It is a reason to be concerned and questioned. As Steve said-it was sold that these guys were going to lockdown the state. And truth be told, a lot of people brought up those concerns reminding others of what was said of TBuck when we hired him. I?ll reserve judgement on the offense until I see it in person with our guys

He has no point. We haven't even played a down under this offense and he's mad that we don't have Mahomes, OBJ, etc. committed to us already.

If this was April 2024 I'd be more willing to listen. Would you marry someone you've known for 2 months?

662dawg
04-10-2023, 04:41 PM
I was told I was freaking out about ?sounding the alarm? on the ?lock the state down? recruiting staff we hired. I have no problems with taking the best players regardless of where they are from, but don?t sell me that the reason we take certain coaches to ?lock down the state? when we can?t and we are losing the top defensive players to the instate rival who isn?t a defensive minded school.

This kid and JJ Harrell were State leans under Leach?s staff. I wonder what changed.

Daniels literally said in his commitment interview that there was zero chance he was going to play for the last staff. Lol. He wasn't gonna play in the air raid & I'm guessing he's waiting to see if we change the offense to a little more RB friendly. If we stick to the air raid, then it's not a big miss anyways. But I have a feeling we're not going to be sticking to the pure air raid so I wouldn't rule MSU out of this one just yet.

KB21
04-10-2023, 05:38 PM
As long as we run the damn ball and treat the passing game like it?s the plague, we will be fine. I know that?s what some of you want.

SpaceBully
04-10-2023, 05:41 PM
NT

SpaceBully
04-10-2023, 05:42 PM
OT, TJ Lockhart......Bit of a project with considerable upside if we're willing to wait and develop some. Not a plug and play guy.

Todd4State
04-10-2023, 06:48 PM
I don't have a problem with our recruiting right now. A little light, but the camps will be where we see a lot of our guys commit if I had to guess. The biggest problem I have is that we were sold on this staff due to all their connections to MS. And right now we're getting absolutely killed with in state recruiting. Now, I think we'll get 2 or 3 back in the boat before signing day, but it seems like now the goalposts are moving. First it was we're going to clean up in state, then it was well you've got to give them time to get acclimated, and now it's well these commitments won't stick and we'll get them all back. The narrative should've always been that it was going to take time to acclimate and this class was going to be a struggle for us.

Yep.

Todd4State
04-10-2023, 06:50 PM

Ummm.... it's April. It's been more like 3-4 months

KB21
04-10-2023, 06:54 PM

And the biggest impact in recruiting has been by two off the field staff members.

Tater
04-10-2023, 07:16 PM

Oh my god. Wow.

Nevermind. Fire everyone. It's been, *checks notes, sees Jan 12th, does a little math, carry the 2*, 2 months and 28 days

Fire them all. We aren't Georgia within 2 months and 28 days. We haven't run a snap but this is a DISASTER.

Y'all idiots really shit your pants and think you're smelling smoke, trying to warn of a bad hire. Maybe trust a professional to cook your ribs next time instead of whoever made them so smoky your shit smell like actually wood fire.

Cooterpoot
04-10-2023, 08:19 PM
We need to 17ing pick it up. I don't care what damn month it is. We've been eliminated from a lot of the top 10 in a loaded class. Can't even get a West Point kid. Been blocked out in Picayune because we 17'd last year down there. This staff needs to do better. They're going to need to flip a couple kids.

msu15
04-10-2023, 08:33 PM
We're just getting flat out recruited right now.

KB21
04-10-2023, 08:36 PM
Kingsbury to USC as QB coach.

DEDawg
04-10-2023, 08:41 PM
Oh my god. Wow.

Nevermind. Fire everyone. It's been, *checks notes, sees Jan 12th, does a little math, carry the 2*, 2 months and 28 days

Fire them all. We aren't Georgia within 2 months and 28 days. We haven't run a snap but this is a DISASTER.

Y'all idiots really shit your pants and think you're smelling smoke, trying to warn of a bad hire. Maybe trust a professional to cook your ribs next time instead of whoever made them so smoky your shit smell like actually wood fire.

You should stop, this is embarrassing. Nobody is freaking out but you.

Todd4State
04-10-2023, 08:49 PM
Oh my god. Wow.

I haven't said that anyone on this staff should be fired.

The narrative when they were hired was that this was best group of recruiters we've EVER had. So far they've landed us a QB that our fans have compared to Chris Relf, an offensive lineman, and a LB who are all three stars with upside.

Now they may turn this around but they're off to a really slow start. I've had "professionals" burn my food too- doesn't mean that I didn't know that they did a bad job.

Homedawg
04-10-2023, 09:18 PM
I haven't said that anyone on this staff should be fired.

The narrative when they were hired was that this was best group of recruiters we've EVER had. So far they've landed us a QB that our fans have compared to Chris Relf, an offensive lineman, and a LB who are all three stars with upside.

Now they may turn this around but they're off to a really slow start. I've had "professionals" burn my food too- doesn't mean that I didn't know that they did a bad job.
We will finish just like we always do. Same range w great recruiters and shitty recruiters. We are just choosing to stay within our range and not waste our time going away to get players that will bolt at the first sign of adversity. Is what it is. This staff will recruit fine. Money is what it is.

RezDog7
04-10-2023, 09:58 PM

Yeah, the offense I watched the last three years was barely better than jomo's.

Homedawg
04-10-2023, 10:07 PM

Then there's this ...

Commercecomet24
04-10-2023, 10:37 PM
We will finish just like we always do. Same range w great recruiters and shitty recruiters. We are just choosing to stay within our range and not waste our time going away to get players that will bolt at the first sign of adversity. Is what it is. This staff will recruit fine. Money is what it is.

100% right here.

Todd4State
04-11-2023, 12:03 AM

It's incredible to me that those types of players always have three stars by their name and the ones that run away from adversity always have four by theirs and never commit to us.

Todd4State
04-11-2023, 12:30 AM

Whatever we run isn't going to get better until we start landing more four star recruits on that side of the ball. And especially at the skill positions. We've always lacked playmakers for the most part. Except for 1994 and 2014. Looking forward to our badass offense in 2034!**

Biggest issue right now I suspect is we have an unknown at OC. Arnett is also an unknown and was never considered a great recruiter as an assistant. And I can't imagine many kids want to go play in "we establish the run" since that's not what the NFL does.

Say what you will about Leach but he was able to attract some legit four star QB's and receivers. Unfortunately he passed away before they could be developed and play into their upperclassman year.

Also jury is still out on Bumphis as a recruiter and no one really knows what Schmidt does. Our safety coach is an unknown as well.

HancockCountyDog
04-11-2023, 10:13 AM
Whatever we run isn't going to get better until we start landing more four star recruits on that side of the ball. And especially at the skill positions. We've always lacked playmakers for the most part. Except for 1994 and 2014. Looking forward to our badass offense in 2034!**

Until we start putting WR's into the league, we will struggle behind Bama, LSU and even the bears in that area. Hell even Arkansas has put out a first round pick the last two years at WR.

I think focusing on developmental players that will stick it out and work hard is the correct formula for us right now. We pick our battles for top flight talent, but i don't think wasting time over a 5 star kid that we will most likely finish 3rd for is a good use of our resources.

Offshore Dawg
04-13-2023, 09:42 AM
"Stay in your lane bro." This has been State's approach more times than not.

bobcat91
04-13-2023, 08:41 PM
So what is the deal with Rufus? He isn't on the field and no one will say anything

KB21
04-13-2023, 09:20 PM
So what is the deal with Rufus? He isn't on the field and no one will say anything

He?s getting phased out by TEs that will not come close to his productivity.

Tater
04-14-2023, 09:43 AM
New commit incoming. Can't wait to watch the immediate tear down by our own fans.

Commercecomet24
04-14-2023, 10:22 AM
New commit incoming. Can't wait to watch the immediate tear down by our own fans.

It seems to be some folks favorite past time. Smh.

Goldendawg
04-14-2023, 12:48 PM

There are at least 12 slot players from 5'10", 160 lbs. to 6'0", 185 lbs on our current roster including a couple of walk-ons. Many have similar abilities it seems. I don't know anything about Rufus and this situation, but new O seems that only one slot will be needed most of time. Tulu, Thomas, Wally, Creekmore, Rufus? ...... This position group may be portal heavy after the Spring Practice is over. This 12 does not include wideouts. We can't carry 25 receivers in new O, which also now uses TE's.

Goldendawg
04-14-2023, 12:54 PM

Interview with Coach Zach on 24/7, (free) yesterday, he said that he is very excited about recruiting. Maybe he likes keeping this close to the vest, like he has other items. If he is good right now, so am I. Will try myself to trust the process. Hail State!

TorpedoIPA
04-16-2023, 12:18 PM
Interview with Coach Zach on 24/7, (free) yesterday, he said that he is very excited about recruiting. Maybe he likes keeping this close to the vest, like he has other items. If he is good right now, so am I. Will try myself to trust the process. Hail State!

Coachspeak.

Remember that press coference where Mullen said he didn't want to talk about recruiting until after the season ? He didn't act that excited about it.

A coach would be better to say he's excited whether he is or not.

HancockCountyDog
04-16-2023, 09:11 PM

Did we ever find out who committed?

KB21
04-16-2023, 09:19 PM
Did we ever find out who committed?

Another TE

Cowbell
04-16-2023, 10:59 PM
DL from alabama I believe

TaleofTwoDogs
04-17-2023, 02:46 AM
He plays both TE and edge rusher in HS. I believe he committed as a TE but it depends on which source you believe. We beat out Vandy, Arky State, Liberty and USM. Not rated at this time by many of the recruiting services.

Cooterpoot
04-17-2023, 04:00 AM
Another TE

First one in like four or five years.

MrCoachKlein
04-17-2023, 11:54 AM
Another TE

Awesome

Goldendawg
04-17-2023, 12:08 PM
We have no Top 20 commits from a stacked MS class . 3 of 4 commits are from bama, a real deal 4 star QB, and two mid 3 stars. Very concerning at this time.

Homedawg
04-17-2023, 06:49 PM
We have no Top 20 commits from a stacked MS class . 3 of 4 commits are from bama, a real deal 4 star QB, and two mid 3 stars. Very concerning at this time.

Way too early to fret. We will be around the same place we always are in rankings.

DEDawg
04-17-2023, 07:11 PM

Extremely. Still time to turn around but as of now this staff is not getting it done on recruiting trail. Hopefully by December were mocking this post.

msu15
04-17-2023, 07:24 PM
Definitely noticing a trend with our early commits

Homedawg
04-17-2023, 08:48 PM
Extremely. Still time to turn around but as of now this staff is not getting it done on recruiting trail. Hopefully by December were mocking this post.

Alabama has 5 commits right now.

Goldendawg
04-17-2023, 09:03 PM
Another commit (article on genespage). Matt Mayfield, 6'2", 185 WR from Araundville ,LA. Played QB last year due to team injuries, 2000 total yds, 856 rushing. Other offers from Cincinnati, Grambling State, and Louisiana. Not yet rated. Ok, quota of overlooked diamonds from out of state perhaps, start "securing" Mississippi. I know it's early.

DEDawg
04-17-2023, 09:06 PM
Alabama has 5 commits right now.

Two 5 stars and three 4 stars. You have to be kidding with this post.

Alabama gets the best in AL then gets whoever they want out of state. We dont have that luxury, when there is an in state class as strong as ours this year we have to clean up in state. It isnt looking like that so far.

KOdawg1
04-18-2023, 06:11 AM
Yeah idk what we're doing

Bothrops
04-18-2023, 10:53 AM
We may be late to the party with much of this instate class by the time we have to go all out for them.

HancockCountyDog
04-18-2023, 11:06 AM
We may be late to the party with much of this instate class by the time we have to go all out for them.

Looking at our roster, we may be saving our money for the portal. We will need instant impact guys on the lines after this year.

Homedawg
04-18-2023, 02:18 PM
Two 5 stars and three 4 stars. You have to be kidding with this post.

Alabama gets the best in AL then gets whoever they want out of state. We dont have that luxury, when there is an in state class as strong as ours this year we have to clean up in state. It isnt looking like that so far.

We aren't going to sign 4 and 5 stars. We are going to sign mostly 3 stars and some 4's. I was basing it on numbers. We aren't going to sweep the state whoever thought that was being naive. We will finish right where we always do. Stop the panic.

Offshore Dawg
04-18-2023, 04:29 PM
Don't any of you expect to clean up the state if offers aren't being matched or bettered. You can't offer equal money to a recruit if the big boys are offering the same. They sell playing for championships.

Goldendawg
04-18-2023, 04:36 PM
According to an article posted on sixpack today, we just signed kicker Ethan Chang of William and Mary, 18 of 24 in FG last year with the season's longest of 57 yards. Back in the Shira(?) days when I was a young boy going with my late Dad to see us play Willam & Mary, he would say, "Son, you do realize that if both William and Mary show up, we will probably lose this game." Hail State!

Goldendawg
04-20-2023, 07:25 PM
All five of our commits are now ranked on 24/7 composite and we have moved up to #32 in team ranking. Will be great if the three .86 or players from bama, (2), and LA, (1) blow up in their senior seasons and they stick with us. Hail State!

DEDawg
04-20-2023, 07:50 PM
We aren't going to sign 4 and 5 stars. We are going to sign mostly 3 stars and some 4's. I was basing it on numbers. We aren't going to sweep the state whoever thought that was being naive. We will finish right where we always do. Stop the panic.

Nobody is panicking. Again its early and we have time to turn it around (like I have said repeatedly) but as of right now data doesnt lie and it is not a good start overall, and a very poor overall in state. reply back and spin that however you like but point remains.

ZedFedder
04-21-2023, 04:08 PM
Not to pile on, but Isiah Autry to Oklahoma. At this rate, there won?t be many guys left in state to get. I have never seen this many going out of state this quickly. Ole Miss isn?t doing hot either.

Goldendawg
04-21-2023, 04:42 PM
More going out of State than ever thus far in this class and it tee's me off. I'm still mad about Rooster Jones & Hugh Greene going to Pittsburg when Jackie was there!*****

Leroy Jenkins
04-21-2023, 05:01 PM
Historically, what percent of guys who commit OOS during their JR year actually follow through? 50%?

ZedFedder
04-21-2023, 05:37 PM
Historically, what percent of guys who commit OOS during their JR year actually follow through? 50%?

I?m not sure, but I do think that we will have the opportunity to go back after these guys, especially if we have some success on the field.

KB21
04-21-2023, 05:39 PM
Just remember that we got rid of the best offensive coaching staff we have ever had to hire guys who were going to lock down this state.

msu15
04-21-2023, 06:36 PM
Getting taken to the woodshed

ZedFedder
04-21-2023, 07:15 PM
Just remember that we got rid of the best offensive coaching staff we have ever had to hire guys who were going to lock down this state.

That?s quite the stretch. Lol

BankerDog
04-22-2023, 10:59 AM
Not to pile on, but Isiah Autry to Oklahoma. At this rate, there won?t be many guys left in state to get. I have never seen this many going out of state this quickly. Ole Miss isn?t doing hot either.

Couple in this thread said he didn?t have solid offers and wasn?t a SEC player. We better get Luke Work in the boat quick..

662dawg
04-22-2023, 11:21 PM
Couple in this thread said he didn?t have solid offers and wasn?t a SEC player. We better get Luke Work in the boat quick..

He's a mid 3* caliber player. We will sign at least 3 OL with equal to more talent. In fact we already have one in the boat that is better than Autry. I don't think the staff was very high on him .

Ari Gold
04-23-2023, 07:15 AM
The day after Daniels “commits” to Fla he is at MSU’s spring practice

Everyone chill,out it’s April...

MetEdDawg
04-24-2023, 09:54 AM
The day after Daniels “commits” to Fla he is at MSU’s spring practice

Everyone chill,out it’s April...

This. Right. Here.

People flipping out in April have an agenda. It's a very long way until signing day and our coaches do have some ground to make up coming in being new and is having a new offense. We can flip out in October and November if it still is a problem. But now is not the time.

I trust the staff we've built and as of now I like what Arnett has done.

Cooterpoot
04-25-2023, 12:00 AM
The day after Daniels ?commits? to Fla he is at MSU?s spring practice

Everyone chill,out it?s April...

FL has him locked down with all they're doing for him and his family. Family is moving with him.
We can't remotely compete with their offer. Going to be damn tough to get him.
Our recruiting is questionable. Couple recent offers are bad. It's a little concerning but long way to go.

StarkVegasSteve
04-25-2023, 01:32 PM
FL has him locked down with all they're doing for him and his family. Family is moving with him.
We can't remotely compete with their offer. Going to be damn tough to get him.
Our recruiting is questionable. Couple recent offers are bad. It's a little concerning but long way to go.

Yea I have a feeling that ship has sailed. Our recruiting this cycle is going to be disappointing. Just is. We just need to get what we can, try to flip a few guys (Daniels, White, Harrell,), and go portal heavy.

HancockCountyDog
04-25-2023, 02:20 PM
Looking at our roster we are a very senior laden team this year, especially on the lines. We should have a really good year. It would make sense if we were keeping our powder dry to grab some portal kids that can play in 2024. We can't just rely on HS kids for 2024 spots.

Homedawg
04-26-2023, 01:05 PM
Yea I have a feeling that ship has sailed. Our recruiting this cycle is going to be disappointing. Just is. We just need to get what we can, try to flip a few guys (Daniels, White, Harrell,), and go portal heavy.

The ship hasn't sailed w him.

StarkVegasSteve
04-26-2023, 02:36 PM
The ship hasn't sailed w him.

Hopefully not. Not confident in that, but it is still just April so we've got time for Napier to screw up.

99jc
04-26-2023, 05:27 PM
These threads tickle the crap out of me, Every year same ole same ole. did you 17ers realize this: TCU's average recruiting ranking from 2018-2022 is 35th, yet they were in the championship hunt. I will hang up an listen.

DEDawg
04-26-2023, 06:23 PM
These threads tickle the crap out of me, Every year same ole same ole. did you 17ers realize this: TCU's average recruiting ranking from 2018-2022 is 35th, yet they were in the championship hunt. I will hang up an listen.

Ill bite. TCU plays in a joke conference while we are in the SEC. Once they finally got to an SEC team they were obliterated in the worst performance ever in a natty. Yes that Georgia team was incredible but TCU goes 8-4 in the SEC this year. TCU also had Dugan which was their Dak. You cant count on getting a once in lifetime QB to lift your 35 average recruiting rankings to #1 in the country/playoff berth. We will probably not see another Dak level here for 25 years.

Feels more reasonable to recruit better and raise the bar. I do not understand why our fans not only accept, but also encourage complacency in recruiting.

TaleofTwoDogs
04-26-2023, 06:52 PM
Ill bite. TCU plays in a joke conference while we are in the SEC. Once they finally got to an SEC team they were obliterated in the worst performance ever in a natty. Yes that Georgia team was incredible but TCU goes 8-4 in the SEC this year. TCU also had Dugan which was their Dak. You cant count on getting a once in lifetime QB to lift your 35 average recruiting rankings to #1 in the country/playoff berth. We will probably not see another Dak level here for 25 years.

Feels more reasonable to recruit better and raise the bar. I do not understand why our fans not only accept, but also encourage complacency in recruiting.

Agreed. This is the correct take. Concern is a far cry from "agendas" and "freaking out". If you are running in a 1000 meter heat and trip coming off the block and fall behind the other runners that is not a good thing. Sure, you might be able to overcome that and still win but in the early race it is obviously not the preferred way to start.

Pancho
04-26-2023, 06:55 PM

Autry's mom is marcus depree's first cousin so there was some family encouragement toward the sooners. The mom also play for Pat summit and his dad played guard for air McNair at alcorn.

HancockCountyDog
04-27-2023, 12:19 PM
Autry's mom is marcus depree's first cousin so there was some family encouragement toward the sooners. The mom also play for Pat summit and his dad played guard for air McNair at alcorn.

That is interesting that they pushed to OU considering that Marcus' experience at OU was less than great.

StarkVegasSteve
04-27-2023, 12:58 PM
That is interesting that they pushed to OU considering that Marcus' experience at OU was less than great.

Marcus has said time and time again his biggest regret is leaving OU. He and OU have made up and they're both back in each other's good graces.

HancockCountyDog
04-27-2023, 01:01 PM
Marcus has said time and time again his biggest regret is leaving OU. He and OU have made up and they're both back in each other's good graces.

Fair point - What is amazing is that if they had handled it differently, who knows how good he could have been. Poor kid didn't have anyone that was just looking out for him.

Cooterpoot
04-29-2023, 10:11 AM

We barely recruited him. I'm good with that too. There are a few better guys than him.
I'm not worried about a few of these recruits that are leaving. They aren't all great.

Leroy Jenkins
04-29-2023, 12:39 PM

ZedFedder
05-02-2023, 03:22 PM
Tristan Jernigan from Tupelo to TAMU. I haven?t even heard of him, but he?s almost a four star on 247.

https://247sports.com/player/tristan-jernigan-46137418/

BankerDog
05-02-2023, 04:42 PM
Tristan Jernigan from Tupelo to TAMU. I haven?t even heard of him, but he?s almost a four star on 247.

His brother was at State the past several years. It burns me up losing defensive players out of state with our reputation as a good defensive school and the prove to put guys into the league. I really hope we don?t lose Beavers, Waller, or Franklin to OM.

Pancho
05-02-2023, 04:54 PM

gotta match the offer $heet. this will be fluid up until time to sign his name

bulldawg28
05-02-2023, 07:07 PM
His brother was at State the past several years. It burns me up losing defensive players out of state with our reputation as a good defensive school and the prove to put guys into the league. I really hope we don?t lose Beavers, Waller, or Franklin to OM.

His brother is in the 4th grade, lol.

662dawg
05-05-2023, 06:45 AM

But still

bulldawg28
05-05-2023, 04:32 PM
But still

Still what?

662dawg
05-05-2023, 06:20 PM
Still what?

Inside joke on banker dog making stuff up lol

bulldawg28
05-05-2023, 09:48 PM
Inside joke on banker dog making stuff up lol

Lol, gotcha.

KB21
05-06-2023, 02:03 PM
Recruiting great Will Friend is probably about to lose Markel Bell to Auburn.

Pancho
05-06-2023, 02:13 PM
Oh, and how much $$ did Friend offer? are you aware of what Auburn has told the young man? You seem to have intimate knowledge of coach Friends activities but continue to bash him. you are a really big boy

BankerDog
05-06-2023, 03:17 PM

My apologies. Believed he was related to the Jernighan who played RB for us.

Nevertheless, recruiting in the state of MS is not pretty right now..

KB21
05-06-2023, 04:03 PM
Oh, and how much $$ did Friend offer? are you aware of what Auburn has told the young man? You seem to have intimate knowledge of coach Friends activities but continue to bash him. you are a really big boy

I?m not sure Friend has gotten off his fat ass to do anything.

662dawg
05-06-2023, 05:10 PM

You need some serious help man

bulldawg28
05-06-2023, 08:13 PM
My apologies. Believed he was related to the Jernighan who played RB for us.

Nevertheless, recruiting in the state of MS is not pretty right now..

They're not related.

MrCoachKlein
05-07-2023, 09:04 AM

At least being fat can be fixed.
Stupidity on the other hand...

Homedawg
05-07-2023, 05:39 PM

I bet I can set up some type of meeting for you to help him.... you in? Hope so, either we will be elite at recruiting after he listens to you OR I'll never have to listen to your ass again...

Pancho
05-07-2023, 08:00 PM
KB21=total cuck

MrCoachKlein
05-07-2023, 09:59 PM
KB21=total cuck

Maybe he'll wake up on the right side of the bed tomorrow***

Pancho
05-08-2023, 06:16 AM
Maybe. He hasn't posted as of now*******

BorneDawg
05-08-2023, 11:31 AM
Many people on this board live in an alternate reality.... We face the Kobayashi Maru when it comes too competing to recruit in the top 20 with our NIL and recruiting budget compared to other teams in the SEC and outside blue bloods. You talk as if we should be able to get anyone we choose ....when other teams can offer much more $$ than us.. this is the type of society we live in today .... no longer is it about talking to these young men and their parents and explaining how we will help prepare them for the future as (players & Men) but now its what all you gonna give me now!! No longer is it about loyalty and holding to your word or commitment but SHOW ME THE MONEY!!!!

Offshore Dawg
05-08-2023, 05:14 PM
Many people on this board live in an alternate reality.... We face the Kobayashi Maru when it comes too competing to recruit in the top 20 with our NIL and recruiting budget compared to other teams in the SEC and outside blue bloods. You talk as if we should be able to get anyone we choose ....when other teams can offer much more $$ than us.. this is the type of society we live in today .... no longer is it about talking to these young men and their parents and explaining how we will help prepare them for the future as (players & Men) but now its what all you gonna give me now!! No longer is it about loyalty and holding to your word or commitment but SHOW ME THE MONEY!!!!

THIS ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

KB21
05-08-2023, 08:07 PM
NIL is a built in excuse for why this staff isn?t going to live up to expectations.

Hey, but we are going to run that damn ball though.

MetEdDawg
05-08-2023, 08:28 PM
NIL is a built in excuse for why this staff isn?t going to live up to expectations.

By built in, you are acknowledging that it exists correct?

By not acknowledging it exists and that we are at a complete disadvantage as the least funded school in the SEC, you would be indicating you completely have an agenda, are bias on the issue, and cannot form any coherent thoughts other than the same ridiculous vendetta against change you keep spewing.

Is that what you mean by built in? Because this schtick of yours is well past funny.

Bothrops
05-08-2023, 08:41 PM

What expectations? Honest question.

Homedawg
05-08-2023, 09:22 PM

So you passing on meeting will friend to help him out??? Typical. Run pie hole ..... and go mute.

msu15
05-08-2023, 10:29 PM

If you're scared of Coach Friend just say it.

MrCoachKlein
05-09-2023, 08:43 PM

My 3 year old whines less than you. Maybe that's because his parents won't allow it like some....

Pancho
05-09-2023, 08:46 PM
KB21 wife won't let him wear his ole miss PJ's

ZedFedder
05-09-2023, 10:46 PM
We have a commit incoming. I?m not sure who.

KB21
05-10-2023, 08:40 AM
Probably a plodding RB that can play some FB.

DEDawg
05-10-2023, 09:53 AM
KB21 wife won't let him wear his ole miss PJ's

KB21=total cuck

yall are both wild lmao

Lord McBuckethead
05-10-2023, 10:29 AM
One person in my family is currently getting recruited for football. Even though he is not currently a 5 star kid, NIL money is definitely a big part of the recruitment. Every single 3 star kid in the country is looking for money, as they should. That is what is allowed now. I am not sure I would want a player that isn't smart enough to demand their going rate.

On the flip side of that, every single 3 star or above player on their team thinks they are amazing. They have spent their entire lives being talked about how amazing they are at football. The strut around their campuses and bang co-eds like they are kings of their world. They all believe they are really 5 star kids and that the recruiting sites incorrectly have them as a 3 star. Why? Because everyone they know treats them like they are the best thing since sliced bread.

Homedawg
05-10-2023, 11:54 AM

chicken

HancockCountyDog
05-10-2023, 12:04 PM
What is going to be frustrating for him is when we go 9-3 this year and look good doing it.

msu15
05-10-2023, 07:37 PM

Lolollololoool holy shit you're a *****.

MrCoachKlein
05-12-2023, 09:16 AM

All 3 of KB's brain cells fighting against each other

ZedFedder
05-13-2023, 01:31 PM
Patrick Broomfield to OM

Goldendawg
05-13-2023, 02:22 PM
Patrick Broomfield to OM

We are really dominating the state.**. If he was high on our board, sad we couldn't get him as many DB's as we have put in the league.

msu15
05-13-2023, 04:05 PM
We're just getting taken to the woodshed right now. No other way to spin it.

Tripp McNeely
05-13-2023, 05:24 PM

Guys...he wasn't a take! He couldn't have committed to us if he wanted to.

DEDawg
05-13-2023, 05:37 PM

Careful, theres a group of about 5 on here who will call you a closet rebel or freaking out for no reason

ZedFedder
05-13-2023, 06:52 PM
Paul just put out the tweet that we have a commit coming.

Tripp McNeely
05-13-2023, 06:53 PM
Paul just put out the tweet that we have a commit coming.

Bball transfer

ZedFedder
05-13-2023, 07:35 PM
Bball transfer

Ah?

Homedawg
05-13-2023, 09:51 PM

Just let them be....

662dawg
05-14-2023, 12:31 PM

Correct. If he's a take down the road the we can probably flip him, but I'm not so sure he ever will be.

HancockCountyDog
05-15-2023, 12:48 PM
Patrick Broomfield to OM

If that holds, that is disappointing. He is the type of kid we normally land and develop. Maybe we will get him after he wastes a year in oxford.

msu15
05-15-2023, 07:00 PM
Careful, theres a group of about 5 on here who will call you a closet rebel or freaking out for no reason

No doubt. Some just can't help but drink the kool-aid.

RockyDog
05-16-2023, 07:45 PM
I hope during our season opener against SELA, the band plays the national anthem and then immediately marches into formation spelling “FU KB21”. After they march off the field, Arnett/Barbay follow it up by running nothing but I-formation dives the entire first series.

msu15
05-16-2023, 08:55 PM
I hope during our season opener against SELA, the band plays the national anthem and then immediately marches into formation spelling “FU KB21”. After they march off the field, Arnett/Barbay follow it up by running nothing but I-formation dives the entire first series.

I would give a sizable check to our NIL for this to happen!!!

KOdawg1
05-21-2023, 06:46 PM
Beavers to OM

Yeah, this staff sucks rn

BankerDog
05-21-2023, 07:25 PM
Think we can put the whole ?elite recruiting? staff thing to bed. It hurts me to see the top defensive players in the state commit to OM. Perkins last year and now Beavers. The whole point of bringing Turner back was to get some of these DL prospects and we are looking at adding one of the top 5 this year (Hibbler).

msu15
05-21-2023, 08:04 PM
Zach is just getting absolutely bent over by Lane right now. Welcome to the big chair.

HancockCountyDog
05-21-2023, 09:07 PM
Beavers to OM

Lets hope we turn this ship around fast as far as in-state recruiting. This is a deep class, we can't let a class like this go by and just get a few kids. I mean we can, but it is a big problem for us long term.

ZedFedder
05-21-2023, 09:16 PM
We will have to see what happens in the end but you can?t say anything other than that this is disappointing.

Bothrops
05-21-2023, 09:55 PM
Beavers to OM

It's NIL. They have a lot more than we do. Money is the god of our society.

Goldendawg
05-30-2023, 07:15 PM
Crickets here. Anybody even got any far fetched rumors? Anything?

Cowbell
05-30-2023, 09:32 PM
We are in the hunt for the wr transfer from Kentucky

BankerDog
05-31-2023, 10:37 AM
We are in the hunt for the wr transfer from Kentucky

I thought people on here said we had too many 5?9 185 slot guys?

HancockCountyDog
05-31-2023, 11:00 AM

If you are talking about the kid from Tylertown, you make exceptions.

He is one of the fastest players in the country. Can he play football? Maybe, but you bet on speed.

I was hoping we would get the fast kid from Edna Karr that we liked.

Cowbell
05-31-2023, 11:33 AM

Well people on here aren't the coaches or the recruiters. KB thinks we will never recruit another WR.

Cooterpoot
06-01-2023, 09:44 PM
Bout to blow up the recruiting trail

Tater
06-01-2023, 09:46 PM

Im hearing the same. Looks like some people just needed a little patience.

msu15
06-01-2023, 09:46 PM

Insert wool.

msu15
06-01-2023, 09:48 PM
Im hearing the same. Looks like some people just needed a little patience.

I'm loving the measurables on everyone committed so far.