PDA

View Full Version : 2024 MSU FOOTBALL RECRUITING

Pages : 1 2 3 [4]

HancockCountyDog
12-10-2023, 09:04 PM
Looks like we dropped Tyler Carter, DE from Vicksburg. Little surprised, thought he had potential, but we probably don’t have time to wait.

HancockCountyDog
12-10-2023, 09:05 PM
Also, was Hibbler here this weekend? I know Texas is making a big push for him.

He is a top 5 recruit in this years class, and I haven’t seen it confirmed that he was here this weekend, can someone confirm.

Goldendawg
12-10-2023, 09:19 PM
Sources say Tyler from Vicksburg will have to go to JC first. 2 big commits today, both 4 stars, QB Van Buren from Maryland and WR Carver from Alabama. Both have very impressive offer sheets. Now for some OL, DL, and CBs from the portal. Hail State!

HancockCountyDog
12-10-2023, 09:22 PM
Sources say Tyler from Vicksburg will have to go to JC first

That makes sense. Kid has talent, was defensive mvp of all star game this weekend.

Todd4State
12-10-2023, 09:37 PM
Looks like we dropped Tyler Carter, DE from Vicksburg. Little surprised, thought he had potential, but we probably don’t have time to wait.

If it's grades related then we can always pick him up in a couple of years if he takes care of his business.

StarkVegasSteve
12-14-2023, 12:26 PM
Kylan Fox, big 4 star TE out of GA, now visiting this weekend. Sounds like he will decommit from UCF and commit to us if visit goes well.

BankerDog
12-14-2023, 12:42 PM
Turner needs to get it together..he is slacking.

HancockCountyDog
12-14-2023, 12:43 PM
Kylan Fox, big 4 star TE out of GA, now visiting this weekend. Sounds like he will decommit from UCF and commit to us if visit goes well.

Would be a solid pickup. He officially visited FSU this past summer. Definitely an upgrade in the TE room.

Pancho
12-15-2023, 07:58 AM
Turner needs to get it together..he is slacking.

Exactly what is he currently not doing?

StarkVegasSteve
12-15-2023, 09:15 AM

Well we have been touting all this DLU stuff and saying Turner is responsible for it, which is false, but we are on ZERO portal DLs or DEs outside of projects and depth pieces.

DEDawg
12-15-2023, 09:50 AM

Bringing in D-Line

BankerDog
12-15-2023, 11:09 AM

He was brought back to do one thing: recruit. He hasn?t recruited a single DL this cycle. I could?ve gotten Hibbler to commit. He had missed on Franklin, Beavers, Foster, etc.

He hadn?t even gotten a single playmaker in via the portal. Even the guys he recruited at Florida are choosing other schools.

MetEdDawg
12-15-2023, 12:07 PM
He was brought back to do one thing: recruit. He hasn?t recruited a single DL this cycle. I could?ve gotten Hibbler to commit. He had missed on Franklin, Beavers, Foster, etc.

He hadn?t even gotten a single playmaker in via the portal. Even the guys he recruited at Florida are choosing other schools.

He's the lone returning staff member from a bad defensive team that replaced its head coach.

I don't know many position coaches that can overcome being the only returning defensive staff member on a team that sucked and replaced virtually all of its coaches.

This cycle probably isn't going to go well defensively. We are going to struggle there. Give the man some grace because I'm not sure what you want him to do to overcome how bad we were this year.

BankerDog
12-15-2023, 12:22 PM
He's the lone returning staff member from a bad defensive team that replaced its head coach.

I don't know many position coaches that can overcome being the only returning defensive staff member on a team that sucked and replaced virtually all of its coaches.

This cycle probably isn't going to go well defensively. We are going to struggle there. Give the man some grace because I'm not sure what you want him to do to overcome how bad we were this year.

He wasn?t bringing guys in over the summer. It?d be one thing if he was just here for 60 days, he hasn?t. This was a deep DL class in state and Golding is making Turner look like a chump with the DL class he has assembled.

MetEdDawg
12-15-2023, 12:48 PM
He wasn?t bringing guys in over the summer. It?d be one thing if he was just here for 60 days, he hasn?t. This was a deep DL class in state and Golding is making Turner look like a chump with the DL class he has assembled.

Does that surprise you that a guy that was Saban's defensive coordinator is recruiting well at Ole Miss?

Golding's coaching ability was never a concern. His ability to recruit was. And you take a 10-2 Ole Miss team with Golding against a 5-7 MSU that retained one defensive coach and you've got a recipe for not great things.

Blame Arnett. Guy was the DC and then became head coach and we lost ground with defensive guys.

ZedFedder
12-16-2023, 03:52 PM
Steve put in a CB for Daniel Hill to State. We shall see.

HancockCountyDog
12-16-2023, 04:10 PM
Are we completely out of it for Echoles?

He is the best DL in the MS/AL all star game. There was some talk that we had a shot with him.

MetEdDawg
12-17-2023, 03:50 PM
Kpaka now on board from Purdue

DesotoDog1967
12-17-2023, 10:23 PM
https://www.on3.com/teams/mississippi-state-bulldogs/news/tyler-woodard-2/

Juco Safety

DeputyDawg94
12-17-2023, 10:26 PM
I just saw a graphic about a kid named Karsten Upchurch committing. Anybody have info on him?

Tripp McNeely
12-17-2023, 10:43 PM
I just saw a graphic about a kid named Karsten Upchurch committing. Anybody have info on him?

PWO

HancockCountyDog
12-17-2023, 11:28 PM
PWO

That’s awesome, he has some solid G5 offers that he is passing on to walk on here.

Todd4State
12-18-2023, 01:01 AM

I would think that if we wanted Foster we could push and probably get him. He's committed to Baylor and it doesn't look like we've recruited him very much.

Todd4State
12-18-2023, 01:03 AM
Steve put in a CB for Daniel Hill to State. We shall see.

The fact that Hill said we barely were recruiting him under the last coaching staff says a lot.

Makes me wonder how hard we tried on guys like Kamarion Franklin?

Pancho
12-18-2023, 08:45 AM
Not hard at all. That staff had the "oh well, we'll never get him" attitude.

DEDawg
12-18-2023, 03:30 PM
D-Cam to Ole Miss lol

HancockCountyDog
12-18-2023, 04:19 PM
D-Cam to Ole Miss lol

That sucks - he is a good corner.

DEDawg
12-18-2023, 06:39 PM
That sucks - he is a good corner.

Yup. Lebby has been doing well, and he understands the Ole Miss network, so hopefully this doesnt keep happening moving forward

Todd4State
12-19-2023, 04:53 AM
Yup. Lebby has been doing well, and he understands the Ole Miss network, so hopefully this doesnt keep happening moving forward

Decamrion wanted to go to LSU and they didn't want him so...

Offshore Dawg
12-19-2023, 08:26 AM
Lebby has been here what 2 weeks. Lane has been at old miss 5 years.

ZedFedder
12-19-2023, 09:42 AM

This. I think next offseason will be the best judge of it.

TrapGame
12-19-2023, 10:04 AM

And he's done more in the two to three weeks he's been here than the last staff did in a full year.

HancockCountyDog
12-19-2023, 11:22 AM
Decamrion wanted to go to LSU and they didn't want him so...

I think that is a mistake by LSU. Their defense was garbage and he would be an instant starter for them.

MetEdDawg
12-20-2023, 10:30 AM
Josh Flowers commits to Arkansas State.

That should speak volumes about Lebby and his talent evaluation. If Flowers could handle it in the P5 he would be committing to a P5 team.

Todd4State
12-20-2023, 10:41 AM
Josh Flowers commits to Arkansas State.

That should speak volumes about Lebby and his talent evaluation. If Flowers could handle it in the P5 he would be committing to a P5 team.

I never was very high on him. Speaks volumes about Barbay's evaluation skills to me.

Todd4State
12-20-2023, 10:43 AM
I think that is a mistake by LSU. Their defense was garbage and he would be an instant starter for them.

It tells me that they don't think very highly of DeCam.

They are aware of their issues and if they don't think he would help much it says a lot.

HancockCountyDog
12-20-2023, 01:38 PM
Sunbelt Billy is having a rough day. He has three Five Stars that have been committed for months that still haven't signed and he is losing commits left and right.

TrapGame
12-20-2023, 02:38 PM
Sunbelt Billy is having a rough day. He has three Five Stars that have been committed for months that still haven't signed and he is losing commits left and right.

Billy is gonna have a worse day when we beat his ass in Starkville next season.

MetEdDawg
12-20-2023, 02:47 PM
Billy is gonna have a worse day when we beat his ass in Starkville next season.

If we beat him that might be it for Napier. If they lose to us they are probably 1-3 heading into their bye week with games against UCF, Florida State, Texas, Ole Miss, Georgia, LSU, and Tennessee still left to go.

Might go ahead and make the change.

MetEdDawg
12-20-2023, 03:26 PM
Anyone know if we've made any inroads with Franklin, Rush, or Beavers?

I've noticed that on 24/7 none of them have signed their letter of intent yet.

Not sure whether they have evening commits lined up or if we've done some work on one or more of them to at least make them think about it and hold off until February.

DCdawg
12-20-2023, 04:04 PM

Not sure whether they have evening commits lined up or if we've done some work on one or more of them to at least make them think about it and hold off until February.
It looks like Franklin has signed.

MetEdDawg
12-20-2023, 04:06 PM
It looks like Franklin has signed.

I'm looking now again and they've updated Rush as well.

Looks like Beavers is the only one from that group of 3 left having not officially signed yet.

Cooterpoot
12-21-2023, 09:07 AM

We haven't recruited Beavers at all. We dropped him. Kid is smallish and has a lot of baggage. We never pushed for Rush. He's nothing special at all. Franklin went to the highest bidder. Our DL class is better and we only signed a couple HS kids.

HancockCountyDog
12-21-2023, 01:15 PM
We haven't recruited Beavers at all. We dropped him. Kid is smallish and has a lot of baggage. We never pushed for Rush. He's nothing special at all. Franklin went to the highest bidder. Our DL class is better and we only signed a couple HS kids.

I hope you are right. I thought Beavers and Echoles looked good in the AL/MS game. I thought Franklin looked a little stiff. Rush will be in the portal after two years would be my guess. Kid was injured all year, I doubt he ever contributes.

Todd4State
12-21-2023, 04:21 PM

Based on Daniel Hill's comments about how the last staff recruited him- or lack of even really trying because they just assumed we weren't going to get him- it makes we wonder if we should have at least tried on Franklin. May not have gotten him but we could have driven up the price.

Goldendawg
12-21-2023, 04:49 PM

And, Echols was not really 6'2" and a half and too short for us according to many on this board yet he blew up to a .95, OM's highest rated commit and was a beast in the Mississippi and Alabama game. So, I will say this about all of the Mississippi OL/DL we did not get, "We didn't want them anyway."*** Seriously, if some of these guys don't get immediate playing time their freshman year, we will see them in the portal wanting their second big NIL deal next year. Nature of the beast.

Todd4State
12-21-2023, 06:45 PM
And, Echols was not really 6'2" and a half and too short for us according to many on this board yet he blew up to a .95, OM's highest rated commit and was a beast in the Mississippi and Alabama game. So, I will say this about all of the Mississippi OL/DL we did not get, "We didn't want them anyway."*** Seriously, if some of these guys don't get immediate playing time their freshman year, we will see them in the portal wanting their second big NIL deal next year. Nature of the beast.

Sounds to me like the issue we had with Echols is our coaches thought he was an o-lineman and he wanted to play DT. Which he probably is better at.

Pancho
12-21-2023, 07:19 PM
you should see him hot foot it to 1st base . the kid has wheels and the folks claiming he was a project are just out of touch. He's been the best overall talent at Houston football for 3 years running and they have had some good ones.

Cooterpoot
12-28-2023, 10:31 PM

Beavers is like 6'1, 270 & has off field problems. He didn't even dominate in 1A/2A HS ball. Lots of schools backed off. Franklin was 100% highest bid. Echols is a legit SEC OL and has two sisters already at OM.

HancockCountyDog
12-31-2023, 05:45 PM
Sounds to me like the issue we had with Echols is our coaches thought he was an o-lineman and he wanted to play DT. Which he probably is better at.

It looks like the last staff was worse than we all thought.

The new staff landing Hill and Stonka does show what an upgrade we have made.

CadaverDawg
12-31-2023, 06:04 PM
Looks like Hill picked up a Bama Crystal Ball today....not what I wanted to see

ZedFedder
12-31-2023, 08:11 PM
From Steve Wiltfong, too. No bueno.

Saban did come visit twice in one week to see Hill. Seems they always wanted him.

civildawg
12-31-2023, 08:29 PM
Always the bridesmaid

maroonmania
01-01-2024, 11:52 AM
I am so sick of Nick Saban I could puke. Is that man EVER going to retire?

ZedFedder
01-01-2024, 12:36 PM
The fact that Lebby got in the game with him like he did is a great sign. If Lebby had been here the whole year I believe he is a dawg.

maroonmania
01-01-2024, 12:46 PM
Well, assuming Hill is gone, isn't there a transfer RB from Oregon we are trying to snag that was originally from Mississippi? Anyone have the latest on him?

Op4isabitch
01-01-2024, 01:04 PM
Picked up JC CB Brylan Lanier. Supposedly had offers from Georgia and NCState.

KOdawg1
01-01-2024, 01:37 PM

Good get. Should push to start.

HancockCountyDog
01-01-2024, 01:40 PM

Really hard worker, started out as a PWO at Bama, transferred to EMCC and has worked his way into having P5 scholarships in less than two years. Type of kid that we have built our program on in the past. I like it.

Bothrops
01-01-2024, 01:54 PM
The fact that Lebby got in the game with him like he did is a great sign. If Lebby had been here the whole year I believe he is a dawg.

Nah, Saban can get anyone away from Mississippi State anytime he wants.

bulldawg28
01-01-2024, 02:38 PM
Really hard worker, started out as a PWO at Bama, transferred to EMCC and has worked his way into having P5 scholarships in less than two years. Type of kid that we have built our program on in the past. I like it.

He actually transferred to the University of Indiana and played there before returning closer to home at EMCC. Staying closer to home is the reason we got him. Good pickup

ZedFedder
01-01-2024, 04:44 PM
Daniel Hill will be a bulldog, it just might be through the portal in a year or two.

bulldawg28
01-01-2024, 08:18 PM
Daniel Hill will be a bulldog, it just might be through the portal in a year or two.

That's fine. I don't put much sick in a freshman running back.

BankerDog
01-03-2024, 12:31 PM
Turner better get his act together or be gone. He hasn?t added anything through portal and allowed Davis to hit the transfer portal.

Cooterpoot
01-03-2024, 01:18 PM
Turner better get his act together or be gone. He hasn?t added anything through portal and allowed Davis to hit the transfer portal.

Davis ain't worth a shit. He couldn't start at a good Juco. Dude ain't no loss.

BigDawg81
01-03-2024, 01:24 PM
I?m not ready to throw the towel in against Turner but he hasn?t done much since he has been back. Loosing depth pieces and hasn?t brought in game changers on the defensive line. None of the incoming transfers moved the needle.

BankerDog
01-03-2024, 01:29 PM

Wasn?t the word when we signed him and everyone slobbed in Hughes for ID?ing him. Again-who has Turner brought in? Guys he rotated through all last year were brought in under Leach or Morehead. He didn?t land Shone Washington, who apparently he was very connected to, off the same EMCC defense we have recruited 4 players from. His transfer hauls are probably ?couldn?t start at a juco? level too.

HancockCountyDog
01-03-2024, 03:17 PM

Just another bad evaluation by the last staff.

StarkVegasSteve
01-03-2024, 03:22 PM
Sounds like Jaden Voison will be a Dawg. McLaurin has cancelled his visit and Voison is visiting this weekend. He would be a huge pickup for us and would be a Day 1 starter. Now we need to get the USA DB and our defensive portal haul will look a hell of a lot better.

BankerDog
01-03-2024, 04:04 PM
Just another bad evaluation by the last staff.

Did you watch him play? Curious of how you know this. Bo Davis offered the kid and of all people to respect offering DL-Bo Davis would be that guy.

StarkVegasSteve
01-03-2024, 04:10 PM
Did you watch him play? Curious of how you know this. Bo Davis offered the kid and of all people to respect offering DL-Bo Davis would be that guy.

Yea Davis was not a bad evaluation. Texas nor Bo Davis offer projects.

Cooterpoot
01-03-2024, 07:48 PM

I've seen him all through HS. The staff wasn't high on him either. Soft and lazy is the problem there. He got all his offers at the end of the recruiting cycle when people were taking chances on the best they could find last minute bargain shopping. We're about to sign a much better player to fill his spot.

SmokeyDawg
01-03-2024, 08:13 PM
Sounds like Jaden Voison will be a Dawg. McLaurin has cancelled his visit and Voison is visiting this weekend. He would be a huge pickup for us and would be a Day 1 starter. Now we need to get the USA DB and our defensive portal haul will look a hell of a lot better.

Is Voisin and the USA db the same person or are you referring to someone else?

StarkVegasSteve
01-03-2024, 08:30 PM
Is Voisin and the USA db the same person or are you referring to someone else?

No Voison is the USA safety. Yam Davis is the USA DB

HancockCountyDog
01-03-2024, 09:42 PM

I'm basing it off of the fact that he is leaving us after not contributing at all and people on this board and others are saying it is no big loss and that he can't play at this level.

So yeah, that is a bad evaluation by our last staff.

BuckyIsAB****
01-03-2024, 11:18 PM
Jordan Davis was a beast before he got injured. He was never the same after that.

Bdawg
01-04-2024, 12:33 AM
Jordan Davis was a beast before he got injured. He was never the same after that.

Exactly. Injury killed his career. With all this modern medicine, I thought ACL tears would be no problem to ounce back from. Seems like we?ve had quite a few not be the same and never make it fully back. Maybe it puts fear in some too?

Todd4State
01-04-2024, 02:38 AM
Exactly. Injury killed his career. With all this modern medicine, I thought ACL tears would be no problem to ounce back from. Seems like we?ve had quite a few not be the same and never make it fully back. Maybe it puts fear in some too?

There are a lot of factors that go into it. Sometimes it's hard to come back mentally. Sometimes the repair isn't as good as it should be for whatever reason. Sometimes people don't put the rehab work in that they should- although that is typically less of a problem with athletes and they are more notorious for overdoing rehab than not.

KB21
01-04-2024, 09:21 AM

FWIW, I was told that Specialty Orthopedic Group was trying to get Mississippi State away from Columbus Ortho.

Bdawg
01-04-2024, 09:46 AM
FWIW, I was told that Specialty Orthopedic Group was trying to get Mississippi State away from Columbus Ortho.

We should be using the best available in MS. I mean these specialists turn out a butt load of these surgeries a year and you figure in today’s time, almost all would make a complete recovery.

Bdawg
01-04-2024, 09:51 AM
There are a lot of factors that go into it. Sometimes it's hard to come back mentally. Sometimes the repair isn't as good as it should be for whatever reason. Sometimes people don't put the rehab work in that they should- although that is typically less of a problem with athletes and they are more notorious for overdoing rehab than not.

Man if I had NFL dreams, I would be busting my butt. But the circumstances of his injury may be different and just didn’t work out for him. Surely MSU would keep him on the correct pace of rehab and not let anyone over do it.

KB21
01-04-2024, 10:18 AM
We should be using the best available in MS. I mean these specialists turn out a butt load of these surgeries a year and you figure in today’s time, almost all would make a complete recovery.

The SOG guys are very good. That's who I refer patients to in Tupelo if they want to see ortho, unless they request someone else.

BankerDog
01-04-2024, 11:54 AM
I'm basing it off of the fact that he is leaving us after not contributing at all and people on this board and others are saying it is no big loss and that he can't play at this level.

So yeah, that is a bad evaluation by our last staff.

I remember people saying that about Dillion Johnson too. Some of those same people saying ?bad eval? were the same ones talking about how good he was when he was coming out-so maybe just maybe don?t listen to them?

HancockCountyDog
01-04-2024, 01:43 PM
I remember people saying that about Dillion Johnson too. Some of those same people saying ?bad eval? were the same ones talking about how good he was when he was coming out-so maybe just maybe don?t listen to them?

If Davis transfers to a top 25 Power 5 program, i'll come eat crow. If he goes to South Alabama or USM I think we made a bad evaluation.

Todd4State
01-04-2024, 02:01 PM

I would recommend Mississippi Sports Medicene

PMDawg
01-05-2024, 10:10 AM
No Voison is the USA safety. Yam Davis is the USA DB

Well, Voison cancelled his visit, so I guess he's out.

Bdawg
01-05-2024, 12:33 PM
Well, Voison cancelled his visit, so I guess he's out.

Dang, wonder what happened?

Pancho
01-05-2024, 04:45 PM
I'm told he feels he's deserving of a better offer from a more prominent organization.........

RockyDog
01-05-2024, 08:01 PM
I'm told he feels he's deserving of a better offer from a more prominent organization.........

When you got South Alabama pre-Madonna’s on the take you know the system has turned to shit. Screw him

Bdawg
01-06-2024, 12:07 AM
Every kid in the portal with money on their mind thinks they are worth more than what they really are. I bet reality has bit a big chunk out of a lot of their asses. They talk about so many players in the portal that never get picked up

Bdawg
01-06-2024, 12:09 AM

Bird in hand is better than 2 in the bush. Guess we will see if it’s a dumb move or not on his part. Of course, I don’t know what we offered.

Todd4State
01-06-2024, 03:11 AM
Every kid in the portal with money on their mind thinks they are worth more than what they really are. I bet reality has bit a big chunk out of a lot of their asses. They talk about so many players in the portal that never get picked up

A lot of those players are processed out by their old school and don't have a choice if they want to play football and stay on scholarship. Most of those guys are hoping to end up somewhere like USM or South Alabama or even Jackson State.

Pancho
01-06-2024, 09:16 AM
who has a count of the new signees on campus in January?

Bdawg
01-06-2024, 11:36 AM
A lot of those players are processed out by their old school and don't have a choice if they want to play football and stay on scholarship. Most of those guys are hoping to end up somewhere like USM or South Alabama or even Jackson State.

Yeah that’s why I said the ones “with money on their mind.” But there is definitely 2 sides to every coin like you were speaking of. I hope the processed kids find a home. The money chasers…. I really don’t care because they left a place that wanted them but was looking for greener pastures.

Hot Rock
01-07-2024, 12:42 PM
Yeah that?s why I said the ones ?with money on their mind.? But there is definitely 2 sides to every coin like you were speaking of. I hope the processed kids find a home. The money chasers?. I really don?t care because they left a place that wanted them but was looking for greener pastures.

I am guilty of being a money chaser for most of my life. Wish I could have the chance to set myself up for a decent life at age 20-22.

Loyalty starts at home, being true to yourself by getting paid so you can take care of your loved ones and yourself. Money chaser actually make damn good providers.

ZedFedder
01-07-2024, 02:33 PM
Random question.

Does anyone know what the plan is for Matt Mayfield? Committed to us really early, is still committed, but he did not sign. Are we trying to find somewhere for him to go or is it a situation that if we wind up with a spot we take him?

Goldendawg
01-07-2024, 08:59 PM
Random question.

Does anyone know what the plan is for Matt Mayfield? Committed to us really early, is still committed, but he did not sign. Are we trying to find somewhere for him to go or is it a situation that if we wind up with a spot we take him?

Hearing Mayfield will have to go to JC first. Amazing there is still rules on academics in this NIL/Portal crazy world.

maroonmania
01-07-2024, 09:51 PM
Hearing Mayfield will have to go to JC first. Amazing there is still rules on academics in this NIL/Portal crazy world.

What? We are still asking the guys to sign up and attend classes while playing football? Players should try to get an injunction over that kind of hardship.

Bothrops
01-08-2024, 02:02 AM

Exactly. It really doesn't make any sense now which is sad, but also kind of funny.

BigDawg81
01-08-2024, 12:16 PM
Paul Jones tweeting out the eyes emoji. Auburn DL?

Bdawg
01-08-2024, 12:33 PM
I am guilty of being a money chaser for most of my life. Wish I could have the chance to set myself up for a decent life at age 20-22.

Loyalty starts at home, being true to yourself by getting paid so you can take care of your loved ones and yourself. Money chaser actually make damn good providers.

That’s why I hate the NIL. In my mind, they are not supposed to be making career money right now. They are supposed to be setting themselves up to make career money. I know it’s the rules(or no rules) now but it’s not a good system or business model for the schools and not the true intentions of NIL. Just my personal feelings and I guess I shouldn’t blame the players… just the ones who created this mess by not putting in appropriate guidelines and rules and enforcing them

Homedawg
01-08-2024, 07:41 PM
What? We are still asking the guys to sign up and attend classes while playing football? Players should try to get an injunction over that kind of hardship.

Considering the % that make it to the nfl taking advantage of the free education would be a good idea. But .....

Cowbell
01-08-2024, 11:53 PM
The juco DL that visited this weekend just committed to Syracuse....please tell me that we passed

KOdawg1
01-10-2024, 12:02 AM
The juco DL that visited this weekend just committed to Syracuse....please tell me that we passed

Nope. We wanted him. Straight up got beat by Syracuse.

DL recruiting and defensive recruiting as a whole has been bad. Not sure what this staff is doing but the early returns aren't great.

Cowbell
01-10-2024, 12:22 AM

DL recruiting and defensive recruiting as a whole has been bad. Not sure what this staff is doing but the early returns aren't great.

This should never happen. Especially on the DL

Bdawg
01-10-2024, 01:04 PM

This is very concerning. Is this early sign for this defensive staff on not closing out on some guys? Where is this guy from? If he’s from the south, even more concerning.

DEDawg
01-11-2024, 09:47 PM
Percy Lewis to Auburn. Didnt we just get one of their guys here?

Bdawg
01-11-2024, 11:40 PM
Percy Lewis to Auburn. Didnt we just get one of their guys here?

A defensive lineman

HancockCountyDog
01-15-2024, 06:07 PM
If Davis transfers to a top 25 Power 5 program, i'll come eat crow. If he goes to South Alabama or USM I think we made a bad evaluation.

Signed with USM, Bad Evaluation.

Cooterpoot
01-15-2024, 08:04 PM
Signed with USM, Bad Evaluation.

Wasn't a bad eval at all. Kid has ability but not the heart and toughness needed. It was a last minute take that hurt nothing. He should've gone Juco first but we had a spot last minute. He'll wash out at USM too IMO.

BankerDog
01-16-2024, 06:44 PM
turner being back on staff will be a help in this area. The rest of the incentive will have to be NIL.

Bump

BankerDog
01-16-2024, 06:51 PM
I bet I can set up some type of meeting for you to help him.... you in? Hope so, either we will be elite at recruiting after he listens to you OR I'll never have to listen to your ass again...

Lol

BankerDog
01-16-2024, 06:52 PM
When you have someone who is as intense a competitor as Arnette he's gonna figure out a way to get it done!

Example 1

BankerDog
01-16-2024, 06:54 PM
Sorry but I'm already out on him because he didn't have a top 10 class committed before holding his first camp. I'm already searching the coaching transfer portal for in two years when we've not won the Super Bowl three times already. Bill Belichek may be available to be the DC but idk if his resume is good enough. He hasn't even won Super Bowls at a 50% clip as a HC. Andy Reid would be a viable choice for OC if he repeats his out put from this year the next two years. Id be interested to give him a short leash there. Then for HC we gotta hope that Andy Cannizaro hasn't been scooped up. We need a real recruiter heading the ship and his one year of full recruiting cycle showed me he's the perfect man we could hope for.

Example 2

BankerDog
01-16-2024, 06:55 PM
Arnett is more one of us than some of us are. Leach knew what he was doing

Example 3

BankerDog
01-16-2024, 06:56 PM
I will say this staff is not letting any grass grow under their feet! Arnett is not gonna be outworked.

Example 4

BankerDog
01-16-2024, 06:58 PM
So when we flip an AR and Big10 commit and grab a player who killed it at our camp, y'all going to come back and tell us we suck? We've got an A&M fan bitching up in here.

last and final example

BankerDog
01-16-2024, 07:03 PM
Arnett is that dude.

For 99JC..

dawgday166
01-16-2024, 08:10 PM
LOL Banker .. those are funny right there now.

Cooterpoot
01-16-2024, 10:45 PM
We're recruiting about top 25. That's damn impressive for a staff that's been here a month

RockyDog
01-17-2024, 09:24 AM
last and final example

You act like this doesn’t happen with every coach. Fans are sheep and most will gobble up what Jean Pornfro and Steve the Rastafarian feed them. That’s why shit fan sites exist and people pay for the crap.

We learned real quick that Arnett sucks. Good for us because it allowed us to move on and we had the administration with the balls to get it done.

An AD like Larry Simpleton or even Loafers would have lived with the mistake for 5 years and been happy with the SEC pushing it in our rear every season.

99jc
01-17-2024, 09:58 AM
For 99JC..

thanks.....now go help Arnett collect his eggs today.

99jc
01-17-2024, 09:59 AM
You act like this doesn’t happen with every coach. Fans are sheep and most will gobble up what Jean Pornfro and Steve the Rastafarian feed them. That’s why shit fan sites exist and IDIOTS pay for the crap.

We learned real quick that Arnett sucks. Good for us because it allowed us to move on and we had the administration with the balls to get it done.

An AD like Larry Simpleton or even Loafers would have lived with the mistake for 5 years and been happy with the SEC pushing it in our rear every season

Fixed it for you!

Commercecomet24
01-17-2024, 01:54 PM
I'll own it and take my beating. I believed Arnett was going to be successful. I was wrong, my apologies. I will say this is the only message board I belong to and I don't belong to any paysites. The information that i share comes from coaches, people close to the program and players I know. We all know how the Arnett HC gig turned out and it sucked. That being said Arnett was a very good DC for us, he did like being at State, he didn't do anything immoral or illegal to embarass us, he just wound up being in over his head as sec HC. Like I said i was wrong about him and i'll own it. Let's hope Lebby and staff get us back to where we need to be.

FISHDAWG
01-17-2024, 02:48 PM
For 99JC..

I'll say this... you must have as much spare time as a banker.... please carry on because this is some good $hit .... just keep in mind nobody on this board is ALWAYS right but I love the looks backward

Maverick91
01-17-2024, 02:49 PM
I'll own it and take my beating. I believed Arnett was going to be successful. I was wrong, my apologies. I will say this is the only message board I belong to and I don't belong to any paysites. The information that i share comes from coaches, people close to the program and players I know. We all know how the Arnett HC gig turned out and it sucked. That being said Arnett was a very good DC for us, he did like being at State, he didn't do anything immoral or illegal to embarass us, he just wound up being in over his head as sec HC. Like I said i was wrong about him and i'll own it. Let's hope Lebby and staff get us back to where we need to be.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Commercecomet24 again.

Couldn't agree more! Will always sadden me no matter which way you look at it. To go from golden boy to fired before season end just sucks!

Hot Rock
01-17-2024, 03:43 PM
You act like this doesn?t happen with every coach. Fans are sheep and most will gobble up what Jean Pornfro and Steve the Rastafarian feed them. That?s why shit fan sites exist and IDIOTS pay for the crap.

An AD like Larry Simpleton or even Loafers would have lived with the mistake for 5 years and been happy with the SEC pushing it in our rear every season

Fixed it for you!

A couple dozen golf balls cost me more than I paid for a year's service on a pay site. It is not over paying if you like what you get for the service and I did, but I am not any longer as my interest changed.

I could say that only idiots don't shop at thrift stores for their clothes, have you seen Jack Reacher? He buys a cool looking thrift store outfit about every week for pocket change.

Commercecomet24
01-17-2024, 03:59 PM
A couple dozen golf balls cost me more than I paid for a year's service on a pay site. It is not over paying if you like what you get for the service and I did, but I am not any longer as my interest changed.

I could say that only idiots don't shop at thrift stores for their clothes, have you seen Jack Reacher? He buys a cool looking thrift store outfit about every week for pocket change.

Love the Reacher books, movies and series!

99jc
01-17-2024, 07:20 PM
I'll say this... you must have as much spare time as a banker.... please carry on because this is some good $hit .... just keep in mind nobody on this board is ALWAYS right but I love the looks backward

you are right i have too much time on my hands....will be worse when I retire in a few months. I thought i was wrong once but I was mistaken. :) C34 approves this post!

99jc
01-17-2024, 07:22 PM
Love the Reacher books, movies and series!

My favorite series got my wife hooked on it.

Commercecomet24
01-17-2024, 07:54 PM
My favorite series got my wife hooked on it.

Good stuff!

dawgday166
01-17-2024, 10:26 PM

This is why you're about the best poster on here IMO. Owning it when you're infrequently wrong.
You're the one I trust the most from an "insider" standpoint too. Others may have "inside" info but their filters aren't as objective as yours are.

Commercecomet24
01-17-2024, 11:18 PM
This is why you're about the best poster on here IMO. Owning it when you're infrequently wrong.
You're the one I trust the most from an "insider" standpoint too. Others may have "inside" info but their filters aren't as objective as yours are.

Thank you brother! I dont share anything unless I've checked it out with several reliable sources, but as we all know people change their minds, or things just don't work out for whatever reason. I try to share accurate info but there's nothing 100%, heck my own kids change their mind from minute to minute seems like lol. I certainly don't intentionally share bad info and I'll own it and as I said I really believed Arnett was gonna be good based on early reports, it didn't work out and it really sucks because he really did like it here. Lebby appears off to a good start, let's hope it continues! I enjoy the board and the interaction and so many good folks on here and it's why this board is the only one I'm on. HAILSTATE!

dawgday166
01-17-2024, 11:39 PM
Thank you brother! I dont share anything unless I've checked it out with several reliable sources, but as we all know people change their minds, or things just don't work out for whatever reason. I try to share accurate info but there's nothing 100%, heck my own kids change their mind from minute to minute seems like lol. I certainly don't intentionally share bad info and I'll own it and as I said I really believed Arnett was gonna be good based on early reports, it didn't work out and it really sucks because he really did like it here. Lebby appears off to a good start, let's hope it continues! I enjoy the board and the interaction and so many good folks on here and it's why this board is the only one I'm on. HAILSTATE!

No worries bud..

I believed in Arnett too. But when the rapid getting rid of everything related to Leach was going on, that's when I started scratching my head cause to me it was like he hated Leach. I didn't understand it. Cause it wasn't just coaches and O philosophy ... It was everything about Leach.

I still gave him a chance tho. I started season in wait and see mode. Well .. I saw.

MetEdDawg
01-29-2024, 01:02 PM
Anyone have any information about us filling out the 2024 class?

Any last minute surprises or kids we are trying to get on board?

Leeshouldveflanked
01-29-2024, 06:44 PM
Anyone have any information about us filling out the 2024 class?

Any last minute surprises or kids we are trying to get on board?
We supposedly only have one open roster spot going into spring.

Goldendawg
01-30-2024, 07:56 PM
We supposedly only have one open roster spot going into spring.

So what is the status on .89 WR Sanfrisco Magee. He is committed to us and allegedly going to announce it officially next month at his school in McComb. He flipped from OM and will then be signee #25 for the 2024 class (JC & HS). Anyone got an update on this?

Leeshouldveflanked
01-30-2024, 09:40 PM
So what is the status on .89 WR Sanfrisco Magee. He is committed to us and allegedly going to announce it officially next month at his school in McComb. He flipped from OM and will then be signee #25 for the 2024 class (JC & HS). Anyone got an update on this?
He is announcing signing day with his teammates

Goldendawg
02-06-2024, 12:05 PM
He is announcing signing day with his teammates

Do we sign anyone besides Magee tomorrow? Numbers are not that important as pre-portal as all programs now tell players to look elsewhere after Spring training. Paid players now getting cut ala NFL after training camp. So many hit portal and big % not finding a landing sport & losing free ride for an education, but NCAA and courts silent on this.

SilentSteel16
02-07-2024, 10:01 AM
Signed a defensive guy from Florida that signed with Illinois in January. Josiah Knight does that mean Magee is no signing?

Goldendawg
02-07-2024, 12:01 PM
Signed a defensive guy from Florida that signed with Illinois in January. Josiah Knight does that mean Magee is no signing?

Magee was supposed to announce at his school today with his HS teammates. I don't know what time or it something else is going on. Knight, a .88 three star Edge signed with IL in January & had moved in, but he and his family seemed very dissatisfied with the distance from home. IL released him from his National Letter of Intent, (free article on genespage). They visited us and he signed with us, summer enrollee. Seem much happier. One of his HS classmates is committed to us in 2025 class, also Edge .87. Hail State!

Goldendawg
02-07-2024, 02:59 PM
Update: Magee to announe in five minutes at his HS ceremony. Should put us up to 27 or so in 2024 rankings. Remarkable what Lebby & staff have done in a very short time Hail State!

Goldendawg
02-07-2024, 04:42 PM
Magee is officially in the boat. .89 WR from McComb. Great Stats and Size. Friend says class now rated around #26. Great recovery and hard work done by Lebby and staff for this class. They are already working hard on 2025 prospects. Hail State!

DEDawg
04-22-2024, 05:54 PM
Can we get 2025 thread stickied?

Todd4State
04-22-2024, 07:40 PM
Can we get 2025 thread stickied?

Yes it is time! We have a QB, 2 LB's and a punter already committed.

BeardoMSU
04-22-2024, 10:52 PM
https://twitter.com/PeteNakos_/status/1782610537672536142

Bothrops
04-22-2024, 11:33 PM

Lol We're gonna end up with nobody aren't we..

StarkVegasSteve
04-23-2024, 08:41 AM
Lol We're gonna end up with nobody aren't we..

It's a very real possibility. We really need to put the full court press on Martinez at this point.

Cooterpoot
04-23-2024, 12:01 PM
Trust me, we'll sign a RB if Lebby wants a RB

RockyDog
04-23-2024, 01:00 PM
Go get John Emery NOW!!

Cooterpoot
04-23-2024, 01:18 PM
Go get John Emery NOW!!
Why? He ain't worth a crap! There's a lot better out there and more coming.

Bdawg
04-23-2024, 08:28 PM

Committed means absolutely nothing. Unreal.

Bothrops
04-24-2024, 01:09 AM
The portal comes down to bag size and we are in the lower percentile.

Tripp McNeely
04-24-2024, 09:03 AM
Committed means absolutely nothing. Unreal.

Well, in his defense, he's only doing this because we're still recruiting Martinez. I don't blame him.

Bdawg
04-24-2024, 09:06 PM
Well, in his defense, he's only doing this because we're still recruiting Martinez. I don't blame him.

If that’s the reason he’s looking, we better not screw this up and end up with neither. I guess there may be other options come along but supposedly he was the topped ranked in the portal.

Cooterpoot
04-24-2024, 09:43 PM
If that’s the reason he’s looking, we better not screw this up and end up with neither. I guess there may be other options come along but supposedly he was the topped ranked in the portal.

Amos isn't as good as Martinez. I'd take a few guys over Amos if they wanted to come. Amos also already knew all this when he committed, so it's not some surprise to him.

RockyDog
04-25-2024, 08:30 AM
Emery. Now.

DesotoDog1967
04-25-2024, 08:39 AM
What's the going rate for a good RB?

Leroy Jenkins
04-25-2024, 08:58 AM
Emery. Now.

We have 3 just like him on the roster now. We need a Seth Davis type.

Maverick91
04-25-2024, 03:11 PM
We have 3 just like him on the roster now. We need a Seth Davis type.

What happened to Seth?

Leroy Jenkins
04-25-2024, 03:34 PM
What happened to Seth?

Edited because I don't have anything nice to say. So I'm not saying anything.

StateDawg44
04-25-2024, 03:50 PM
So we don't even make the list for Caleb Cunningham's OV?

StarkVegasSteve
04-25-2024, 04:53 PM

He's already OV'd here and he will again in the fall on top of multiple UV's. We're still in the driver's seat.

Goldendawg
04-25-2024, 06:50 PM
What happened to Seth?

Got his knee torn up badly on a play last season when a WR totally whiffed on his block. Was a bad sight to see if you were at the game. Out for the season. Don't know anything about his rehab.

RockyDog
04-25-2024, 09:09 PM
Emery is available.

Bothrops
04-25-2024, 09:34 PM
We'll have to find another TB if still we want one. Amos to Colorado seems to be a forgone conclusion. I think we need one for depth more than anything. Personally, I think people are sleeping on Lee.

BigDawg81
04-27-2024, 01:19 PM
Cunningham said he isn?t going take anymore OV to State because he lives so close. I get it too. He will take plenty unofficial visits to State.

Commercecomet24
04-29-2024, 03:01 PM
Got his knee torn up badly on a play last season when a WR totally whiffed on his block. Was a bad sight to see if you were at the game. Out for the season. Don't know anything about his rehab.

Davis will be out until 2025 if he sticks around and can comeback. 3 torn ligaments in his knee. Shame too, he was gonna be a difference maker. Hope he can make it back.

Cooterpoot
04-29-2024, 07:00 PM
Davon Booth is visiting, so there's your RB

BigDawg81
04-29-2024, 07:13 PM
Davon Booth is visiting, so there's your RBHe is on campus now. He will commit and seems to be a speedster

Commercecomet24
04-29-2024, 09:17 PM
He is on campus now. He will commit and seems to be a speedster

Dude can fly and not just fast but football fast. He'd be excellent in Lebby offense

Bdawg
04-29-2024, 09:20 PM
So would we rather have him than Amos or Martinez? Just wanting to know what we would want if all 3 were a available to get.

Cooterpoot
04-29-2024, 09:36 PM
So would we rather have him than Amos or Martinez? Just wanting to know what we would want if all 3 were an available to get.

Martinez is really good but we need a speed guy more than a power guy like Amos. I'm happy with Martinez or Booth. Both would've been great but I'm fine with the one we got.

Commercecomet24
04-29-2024, 10:13 PM
So would we rather have him than Amos or Martinez? Just wanting to know what we would want if all 3 were an available to get.

I was about to reply but what Cooter said.

StarkVegasSteve
04-30-2024, 04:02 PM
Booth committed.

Bdawg
04-30-2024, 10:40 PM
Martinez is really good but we need a speed guy more than a power guy like Amos. I'm happy with Martinez or Booth. Both would've been great but I'm fine with the one we got.

Maybe the new speed coach(or whatever they call him) can find even another gear for him!!!