View Full Version : 2022 MSU FOOTBALL RECRUITING Discussion Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9

Ifyouonlyknew
12-05-2021, 07:01 PM
The problem is no one on MSU side or anywhere else had the same opinion as Steve on the Oatis recruitment. Our fans just chose to believe Steve because it was more popular than what others were saying.

Hambone
12-05-2021, 07:02 PM
Only saving grace is if he shows up in Starkville next weekend instead of Tuscaloosa……

But that isn’t happening.

Commercecomet24
12-05-2021, 07:31 PM
The problem is no one on MSU side or anywhere else had the same opinion as Steve on the Oatis recruitment. Our fans just chose to believe Steve because it was more popular than what others were saying.

This x a bunch

Cooterpoot
12-05-2021, 07:44 PM
We're going to sign the best player and DL in MS. Oatis can play games, but he better be careful doing it.

Cooterpoot
12-05-2021, 07:50 PM
Only saving grace is if he shows up in Starkville next weekend instead of Tuscaloosa……

But that isn’t happening.

He's in the all star game next weekend. He won't be in Starkville. This ship is headed out to sea.

HoopsDawg
12-05-2021, 08:24 PM
He's in the all star game next weekend. He won't be in Starkville. This ship is headed out to sea.

seems a lot of good prospects are on that ship.

Cooterpoot
12-05-2021, 08:46 PM
seems a lot of good prospects are on that ship.

Not really. But kids aren't going to play games with this staff. Oatis was never coming anyway.

HancockCountyDog
12-05-2021, 08:48 PM
Not really. But kids aren't going to play games with this staff. Oatis was never coming anyway.

I disagree with this philosophy, but I hope this works for us.

bobcat91
12-05-2021, 09:08 PM
So we have a huge recruiting weekend and not one public commit?

Hambone
12-05-2021, 09:27 PM
Well two different days a poster in the know did the �� emoji so something happened….. guessing privately

BrunswickDawg
12-05-2021, 09:56 PM

Out of all the kids who played the game when Mullen was here; a) how many did we land, b) how many wound up any good at OM?, and c) how many times was Mullen & Co caught flat footed and had no plan b?
I?m pretty sure the answers are 2 (Chris Jones and Leo Lewis), zero, and every time.
So I?ve got no problems with Leach wanting kids in the boat and solid

Dawgology
12-05-2021, 09:58 PM
Out of all the kids who played the game when Mullen was here; a) how many did we land, b) how many wound up any good at OM?, and c) how many times was Mullen & Co caught flat footed and had no plan b?
I?m pretty sure the answers are 2 (Chris Jones and Leo Lewis), zero, and every time.

This is the correct approach. Want the respect of recruits then respect your program first.

Cooterpoot
12-05-2021, 10:12 PM

You think a kid that lies to the staff isn't a liability and issue? If the coaches got hung out last minute on some flip, you guys would lose your minds.

MetEdDawg
12-05-2021, 10:20 PM
This is the correct approach. Want the respect of recruits then respect your program first.

This all day. How many guys screwed us for OM that played the game and led on us? Not like didn't have serious interest for OM. But were committed, or heavy leans, then all of sudden went to OM? CJ Johnson is about the only one that comes to mind.

I can't remember any others where we were like damn that one hurt. Leach has the right approach. If you don't want to be here, don't commit and don't lead us on. Mullen got screwed on stuff like that all the time and we had to scramble last minute to fill scholarships. Leach won't do that. Get in or get out but don't waste time.

It's one thing to recruit a kid the entire way. It's an entirely different thing to commit then play games. This staff won't tolerate that and I'm 100% on board.

Commercecomet24
12-05-2021, 10:26 PM

You nailed it!

Tripp McNeely
12-05-2021, 10:31 PM

I mean, it's 10 days before signing day, the silent commits that we have might as well wait

RezDog7
12-05-2021, 10:44 PM
This all day. How many guys screwed us for OM that played the game and led on us? Not like didn't have serious interest for OM. But were committed, or heavy leans, then all of sudden went to OM? CJ Johnson is about the only one that comes to mind.

I can't remember any others where we were like damn that one hurt. Leach has the right approach. If you don't want to be here, don't commit and don't lead us on. Mullen got screwed on stuff like that all the time and we had to scramble last minute to fill scholarships. Leach won't do that. Get in or get out but don't waste time.

It's one thing to recruit a kid the entire way. It's an entirely different thing to commit then play games. This staff won't tolerate that and I'm 100% on board.

Agree with this a million %. If you don't want to be here, you probably need to be faking injuries with that child up north anyway.

Hot Rock
12-06-2021, 10:07 AM
It is hard to wait until signing day December 15th knowing that so many potentially really good players may sign with State.

But, it's only a couple weeks. Remember when it was in February and there was over two months of this stuff after the season ended. I can wait a couple more weeks, am I nervous about who we get? Yes, but I get nervous over silly shit all the time.

Cowboydawg
12-06-2021, 01:10 PM

I?m hearing we got 4 commitments this weekend.

Tripp McNeely
12-06-2021, 02:08 PM
I?m hearing we got 4 commitments this weekend.

Let's get the speculation started:

Williams
Blanton
Rogers
Ramsey?

Hambone
12-06-2021, 02:22 PM
Jakson LaHue and Tanner Bailey just decommitted from Va Tech and Oregon

KOdawg1
12-06-2021, 02:31 PM
Jakson LaHue and Tanner Bailey just decommitted from Va Tech and Oregon

That's good regarding LaHue.

Irrelevant regarding Bailey. We've got our QB.

ZedFedder
12-06-2021, 03:55 PM
I think Trent Ramsey is pretty much in.

Chuck3124
12-06-2021, 06:16 PM
Anybody got info on the kid Nicholas Lauderdale from Hinds CC listed at 6?4 215 WR/ATH??

StarkVegasSteve
12-06-2021, 06:55 PM
That's good regarding LaHue.

Irrelevant regarding Bailey. We've got our QB.

If he wants to come we would be fools to not give him another look. Competition Breeds Excellence.

Cooterpoot
12-06-2021, 07:07 PM
If he wants to come we would be fools to not give him another look. Competition Breeds Excellence.

He's not a kid we're interested in.

KOdawg1
12-06-2021, 07:11 PM

I'd rather use the scholly somewhere we need it

MetEdDawg
12-06-2021, 08:06 PM
I saw Jordaan Bailey decommitted from Pitt today too. Haven't we been on him?

Ifyouonlyknew
12-06-2021, 08:14 PM

Pass. He's not needed

Ifyouonlyknew
12-06-2021, 08:15 PM
I saw Jordaan Bailey decommitted from Pitt today too. Haven't we been on him?

Coming this weekend

99jc
12-06-2021, 08:15 PM
We had better get a 17ing kicker in here. that one position cost us this year...don't let it happen again!

Homedawg
12-06-2021, 09:20 PM
I hope people have gotten a top 20 class out of their heads. Gonna be 25-28, I hope, again. It's what we do.

Westdawg
12-06-2021, 09:21 PM
Just throwing this shameless plug for a buddy of mine -
Tyler Martinez 6?1 195
Volcano Vista HS
Albuquerque, NM

Might not be a bad option as a PWO at LB/S. Kid has got a mean streak, plays fast and loose, and hits like a train. If he wasn?t stuck in no-man?s land of high school football (NM) he?d get a lot more looks.

http://www.hudl.com/v/2GRk7C

Homedawg
12-06-2021, 09:22 PM
We had better get a 17ing kicker in here. that one position cost us this year...don't let it happen again!

Can't really blame this year on the staff. We had our kicker. He got hurt. Bad luck

Bdawg
12-06-2021, 10:45 PM
Can't really blame this year on the staff. We had our kicker. He got hurt. Bad luck

Well what about this year? Who we blaming? And I agree, last year was not the staff's fault. Kickers getting hurt for that long seems rare.

Cooterpoot
12-06-2021, 11:50 PM
Well what about this year? Who we blaming? And I agree, last year was not the staff's fault. Kickers getting hurt for that long seems rare.

He had a history of the same issue before he signed with us. Not having another guy is on the staff.

ZedFedder
12-07-2021, 01:03 AM
Things are not looking as peachy as they once were with this purported finish.

Dawgology
12-07-2021, 01:20 AM
Things are not looking as peachy as they once were with this purported finish.

Do they ever? It’s why I’m don’t get too wrapped up in recruiting.

William Tecumsah Sherman
12-07-2021, 06:55 AM
Looks like the sharks moved in on Oatis. He went to Oxford instead of coming to Starkville. Will be interesting if he visits Bama this weekend after the all star game

Cooterpoot
12-07-2021, 08:51 AM
Looks like the sharks moved in on Oatis. He went to Oxford instead of coming to Starkville. Will be interesting if he visits Bama this weekend after the all star game

I can tell you he's not going to AL this week. I'm fine with missing on him for a few reasons. But our DB situation is looking bad. We've lost two kids to TN already and Nicholson and Rogers look doubtful at best.
Basically, we're recruiting about where we recruit every year again. We're going to get a couple great players, some reaches, some overlooked guys, and a couple head scratchers. If we don't find a way to recruit better, nothing will ever change here.

Tripp McNeely
12-07-2021, 08:59 AM
I can tell you he's not going to AL this week. I'm fine with missing on him for a few reasons. But our DB situation is looking bad. We've lost two kids to TN already and Nicholson and Rogers look doubtful at best.
Basically, we're recruiting about where we recruit every year again. We're going to get a couple great players, some reaches, some overlooked guys, and a couple head scratchers. If we don't find a way to recruit better, nothing will ever change here.

Nicholson and Rogers are looking doubtful?? Not sure that's the case

William Tecumsah Sherman
12-07-2021, 09:15 AM
Dang that?s a bummer. Cooter has been positive about recruiting until that post.

HoopsDawg
12-07-2021, 10:09 AM

Limping to the finish as usual. It seems a few posters tried to get some optimism rolling, but one by one we are losing good prospects.

Cowboydawg
12-07-2021, 10:18 AM

Obviously things change daily with the big recruits once you get this close to signing day, but there was not anything doubtful with Rogers when he left campus this weekend.

Cooterpoot
12-07-2021, 10:41 AM
Obviously things change daily with the big recruits once you get this close to signing day, but there was not anything doubtful with Rogers when he left campus this weekend.

Guys in the Miami class say he's recruiting for Miami and has been in contact with them. His social media seems to indicate the same. Nicholson was a long shot. Both can walk in and play here (assuming Rogers is ready). We need things to go our way there in a bad, bad way. I'm ready call McBath the Hev of this staff if he can't close. Great coach, poor recruiter. He needs to reel in guys we should be able to get.
We should get Williams and Lewis and hopefully the other two OL we're after (one for sure). Blanton is a baseball deal that we should be good on. We're going to need to kill it in the portal.

HancockCountyDog
12-07-2021, 11:07 AM

I gotta admit, reading this with my morning coffee is not how I wanted to start the day.

I thought things looked good with Rogers?

Chuck3124
12-07-2021, 11:12 AM
I could be completely wrong and misunderstood a friend of mine yesterday, but I thought we were in perfectly good shape with Rogers after his visit here this past weekend. Especially considering Diaz getting the axe

bulldawg28
12-07-2021, 11:14 AM
NOBODY here can predict what a 17-20 year old is thinking. I don't care what "source "they have. Kids love attention and post everything on social media. If they're not mentioning us on social media you better not believe it. They want people to know.

Cowboydawg
12-07-2021, 11:22 AM
NOBODY here can predict what a 17-20 year old is thinking. I don't care what "source "they have. Kids love attention and post everything on social media. If they're not mentioning us on social media you better not believe it. They want people to know.

Amen. And the word commitment is just a word now a days. A kid can leave campus on a high committed and ready to back off after one phone call or visit from another coach. It is almost like a high scoring football game and whoever has the ball last wins.

Ifyouonlyknew
12-07-2021, 11:25 AM
I still like where we stand with Rogers. He's not a lock by any means but I like our position. You never know with Nicholson but we get him last & with a kid like that it's huge. I will say that both of them should be Dawgs & if they're not then the Hev tag is going to be appropriate for McBath. No reason not to get both kids. Get it done!

confucius say
12-07-2021, 11:26 AM
Guys in the Miami class say he's recruiting for Miami and has been in contact with them. His social media seems to indicate the same. Nicholson was a long shot. Both can walk in and play here (assuming Rogers is ready). We need things to go our way there in a bad, bad way. I'm ready call McBath the Hev of this staff if he can't close. Great coach, poor recruiter. He needs to reel in guys we should be able to get.
We should get Williams and Lewis and hopefully the other two OL we're after (one for sure). Blanton is a baseball deal that we should be good on. We're going to need to kill it in the portal.

If we close with Lewis, Williams, and Blanton, that is three 4 stars at positions of need. That'd be great. Add in one of the two out of state OL and that's even better. Only question then becomes can we get Rodgers or Nicholson to put the cherry on top.

Commercecomet24
12-07-2021, 12:44 PM
Nicholson and Rogers are looking doubtful?? Not sure that's the case

There's things out of our control with Decarlos. Trust me I've known and coached the kid since he was 6. We still might get him but it's doubtful and there's nothing the coaches can do about the situation

Jarius
12-07-2021, 12:45 PM
Most people in the know expect us to close with Rogers, Blanton, Williams, and Lewis. That’s as good a close as I can remember in a while. Not sure what all the hand wringing is about but it’s unjustified at this point.

Commercecomet24
12-07-2021, 12:46 PM
I still like where we stand with Rogers. He's not a lock by any means but I like our position. You never know with Nicholson but we get him last & with a kid like that it's huge. I will say that both of them should be Dawgs & if they're not then the Hev tag is going to be appropriate for McBath. No reason not to get both kids. Get it done!

I don't know about Rogers but there's nothing mcbath can do about Decarlos situation. There's a chance but it's slim.

Commercecomet24
12-07-2021, 12:47 PM
Most people in the know expect us to close with Rogers, Blanton, Williams, and Lewis. That’s as good a close as I can remember in a while. Not sure what all the hand wringing is about but it’s unjustified at this point.

Cause this is The MSU freak out season, lol. I say let it play out and we'll be ok

Cooterpoot
12-07-2021, 12:51 PM
I gotta admit, reading this with my morning coffee is not how I wanted to start the day.

I thought things looked good with Rogers?

I'm not saying they're bad. Just saying it's up in the air. Our people think he's leaning our way I think. But there's definitely some doubt. All that said, we're still going to be about where we always are in that 25 or so range. Kill the portal, and you could put yourself in a solid place pretty quickly.

chef dixon
12-07-2021, 01:03 PM
Bottom line is the portal is what is going to keep everyone other than Bama and Georgia somewhere between 6-6 and 9-3. High school recruiting does not mean nearly as much as it used to.

Commercecomet24
12-07-2021, 01:19 PM
Bottom line is the portal is what is going to keep everyone other than Bama and Georgia somewhere between 6-6 and 9-3. High school recruiting does not mean nearly as much as it used to.

Definitely the free agent signings are gonna be as important as the draft picks. That's what it is now.

HancockCountyDog
12-07-2021, 01:37 PM
Just realized that Justin Walley, Jaiden's little brother is a freshman All-American at Minnesota.

Its not easy being a MSU fan sometimes.

Pancho
12-07-2021, 04:32 PM
He is sure one of the best players in the country. I told a Minnesota fan at the college world series about him and he initially thought I was joking. He'll be a rich man in 2 years.

Bothrops
12-07-2021, 06:04 PM
Without the portal last round we don't win 7 games this year. We may not even be bowling.

Irondawg
12-07-2021, 06:15 PM
I really like Collins as a DB recruit. I?m not sure about the rest. That?s been a pain point for 2 years now.

I?m not sure how much is McBath vs we aren?t evaluating well initially. We whiffed on Walley last year and then proceeded to drop guys - we did the same thing this year. Back in August we all felt pretty good about our db situation as we had a lot of early commits.

Lost a couple and then dropped 3 of them. Still mad we are losing a thomas to TN and no idea of the situation with Nicholson but I?ll trust what been said here.

BuckyIsAB****
12-07-2021, 08:19 PM
There's things out of our control with Decarlos. Trust me I've known and coached the kid since he was 6. We still might get him but it's doubtful and there's nothing the coaches can do about the situation

If what I have heard is true, I understand totally why he doesnt come here if he chooses not to.

Sucks bc I think he is a NFL CB. He was really really good at Petal. Like good enough to keep playing QB good

BuckyIsAB****
12-07-2021, 08:20 PM
Just realized that Justin Walley, Jaiden's little brother is a freshman All-American at Minnesota.

Its not easy being a MSU fan sometimes.

He is a hell of a player we need him desperately to come home

Tater
12-07-2021, 08:30 PM
If we hit this on our checklist from juco/portal:

Kicker
2X OT
Edge
1-2 Safeties

On top of whatever WRs inevitably want to join us, if we hit this haul then we will have a strong shot at 10+ wins. At this point I think it's easier in fandom to care about Portal / Juco recruiting as I'm looking at who will immediately start. I trust the staff we have to coach up the younger guys eventually. Generally we get good production out of 4/5-year players who become starters regardless of stars. We'll see. But that checklist above is what I think we need to see immediate impact.

Cooterpoot
12-07-2021, 08:34 PM
Any pitty party is way out of line. Other than DB, we're fine (assuming we get who we expect). DB might end up thin but we'll get portal help.

Commercecomet24
12-07-2021, 08:36 PM
If what I have heard is true, I understand totally why he doesnt come here if he chooses not to.

Sucks bc I think he is a NFL CB. He was really really good at Petal. Like good enough to keep playing QB good

You've probably heard the right thing. I love the kid and his family. He'll always be one of mine. Still get a hug from him everytime I see him. He's gonna do great things just wish/hope it would be in Maroon and white, but I'm always gonna pull for him.

Commercecomet24
12-07-2021, 08:37 PM
Any pitty party is way out of line. Other than DB, we're fine (assuming we get who we expect). DB might end up thin but we'll get portal help.

That's more like it cooter lol!

Cooterpoot
12-07-2021, 08:49 PM
That's more like it cooter lol!

Well, there's a lot of people that post who aren't State fans. They're here to cause drama. Some hide it well. Some are obvious. There's one in particular that really drives it. I don't want to be confused with that. And I'm not losing my shit over the drama.

Commercecomet24
12-07-2021, 09:24 PM
Well, there's a lot of people that post who aren't State fans. They're here to cause drama. Some hide it well. Some are obvious. There's one in particular that really drives it. I don't want to be confused with that. And I'm not losing my shit over the drama.

Yep you're right! 100%!

Tater
12-08-2021, 04:20 PM
Hearing that Rogers comes down to whether or not Mario retains T-Rob and it's trending way and way more likely he will. (as in a jump from 5% before to 60%). Anyone else heard different?

Homedawg
12-08-2021, 06:30 PM
I'm prepared for our epic crash and burn finish..... at least mentally I'm ahead of the game. ....

Cooterpoot
12-08-2021, 06:46 PM
I'm prepared for our epic crash and burn finish..... at least mentally I'm ahead of the game. ....

You're going to be disappointed then. DB is the only concern and we'll see on Rogers.

Bdawg
12-08-2021, 06:49 PM
Hearing that Rogers comes down to whether or not Mario retains T-Rob and it's trending way and way more likely he will. (as in a jump from 5% before to 60%). Anyone else heard different?

So how does it go from Diaz having to stay to now T-Rob(whoever that is)? Moving the goalpost now. Doesn't sound good.

Bothrops
12-08-2021, 06:51 PM
Yeah Rogers and Allan don't seem likely now. Class probably just fell out of top 25 for ESP. It's critical to get these lineman targets to sign next week. We're gonna have to battle in the portal for DBs. Smh

Bdawg
12-08-2021, 06:52 PM
You're going to be disappointed then. DB is the only concern and we'll see on Rogers.

Why do we seem to be struggling at DB. I understand last year when staring at Emerson and Forbes, but there is certainly a spot there for the taking this year.

Tater
12-08-2021, 07:17 PM
So how does it go from Diaz having to stay to now T-Rob(whoever that is)? Moving the goalpost now. Doesn't sound good.

Because the thought with Diaz is that if he goes then the staff goes too. Travaris Robinson is trending to stay however. Seemed like one of him and Van Dyke were locks to go if a change was made but both DB Coaches might stay.

The catch is if Rogers gets processed as Mario is pulling in higher tier of prospects too (Earl Little Jr. might bump him out).

I'm privy to the Miami inside more than the State inside so that's why I'm asking for our perspective.

Homedawg
12-08-2021, 07:22 PM

So we are going to finish where? You make your prediction. No juco dbs. No Rogers. No Allen.... We get Williams and Blanton, lahue... and the rest are guys that are low hanging fruit that we offered in the last month. It's a low 20's class just like we've done for the last 10 years at best... Nothing new. And considering db is kind of important I'd say that's a big deal.

confucius say
12-08-2021, 07:37 PM
So we are going to finish where? You make your prediction. No juco dbs. No Rogers. No Allen.... We get Williams and Blanton, lahue... and the rest are guys that are low hanging fruit that we offered in the last month. It's a low 20's class just like we've done for the last 10 years at best... Nothing new. And considering db is kind of important I'd say that's a big deal.

Bet you're fun at parties brother.

If we hit on the 3 you named that is good. Includes a 4 star lb and a 4 star DL.
Lewis is not low hanging fruit. He's a 4 star at a position of need with several P5 offers. Mississippi is throwing everything they can at him.

DB is a concern. Needs to be addressed.

Homedawg
12-08-2021, 07:39 PM
Bet you're fun at parties brother.

If we hit on the 3 you named that is good. Includes a 4 star lb and a 4 star DL.
Lewis is not low hanging fruit. He's a 4 star at a position of need with several P5 offers. Mississippi is throwing everything they can at him.

DB is a concern. Needs to be addressed.

Whatever, fact is we had 7 or 8 names last week and thought we had a legit shot at all but one, Oatis. And thought we were in a solid second w and outside shot at him. We are looking at 4 at best out of those 7/8. If we get lewis I'll give you that one. But it's not a given at this point. Sorry reality sucks. I'm glad you see that db is a concern, Bc no juco db out of 3 is tragic. And if, and I'll hold out hope and say IF we lose Rogers it's and epic fail back there. Especially after last year.

confucius say
12-08-2021, 08:15 PM
Whatever, fact is we had 7 or 8 names last week and thought we had a legit shot at all but one, Oatis. And thought we were in a solid second w and outside shot at him. We are looking at 4 at best out of those 7/8. If we get lewis I'll give you that one. But it's not a given at this point. Sorry reality sucks. I'm glad you see that db is a concern, Bc no juco db out of 3 is tragic. And if, and I'll hold out hope and say IF we lose Rogers it's and epic fail back there. Especially after last year.

If we close on 4 of the 7 that is fantastic. Especially considering none of the 7 are committed to us.

Will need to address db in the portal even if we get Rodgers/Nicholson.

Homedawg
12-08-2021, 09:45 PM
If we close on 4 of the 7 that is fantastic. Especially considering none of the 7 are committed to us.

Will need to address db in the portal even if we get Rodgers/Nicholson.

Your fantastic and mine are two different things. But you have that right to your opinion. We all want the same thing.

Cooterpoot
12-08-2021, 09:56 PM
Williams
Lewis
Ramsey
LaHue
Blanton

There's five we good with

Rogers is really the only one we waiting big on, other than Nicholson who most doubt.

Looks pretty good. Then we wait on the portal

Irondawg
12-08-2021, 10:30 PM
Why do we seem to be struggling at DB. I understand last year when staring at Emerson and Forbes, but there is certainly a spot there for the taking this year.

I think the problem is we took about 7 early commits at Db and we only have 2 of those left. Nicholson and Thomas bolted (although we kind of knew it with Thomas) and then we dropped 3 guys who we didn?t like how they progressed this year.

When you have to drop 3 guys from a position that we?re long time commits it means you really missed on your projections and it probably took some time away from recruiting other guys.

Then we are simply getting beat out while we scramble around looking for replacements. I get the vibe that we felt pretty strong on Rogers and maybe another one that we?ve lost ground on because when we dropped those guys we haven?t heard any new names pop up

confucius say
12-08-2021, 10:41 PM
Your fantastic and mine are two different things. But you have that right to your opinion. We all want the same thing.

Agree. I'll admit I'm more positive generally, and o believe you are more negative. Nothing wrong with that.
But what would you consider fantastic when it comes to those 7, getting 5? 6?

HoopsDawg
12-08-2021, 11:03 PM
Agree. I'll admit I'm more positive generally, and o believe you are more negative. Nothing wrong with that.

I'm amazed at your positivity. This is a limp to the finish at best.

Homedawg
12-08-2021, 11:06 PM

When you lead on them all 7 is fantastic. 4 is a flop.... but that's me. And I'm not negative. But I get how people think that, I just shoot it straight. Im a realist.... but I don't wear maroon glasses that we do no wrong.

confucius say
12-08-2021, 11:23 PM
When you lead on them all 7 is fantastic. 4 is a flop.... but that's me. And I'm not negative. But I get how people think that, I just shoot it straight. Im a realist.... but I don't wear maroon glasses that we do no wrong.

I never thought we led on Rodgers, oatis, Nicholson, or Allen.

confucius say
12-08-2021, 11:25 PM
I'm amazed at your positivity. This is a limp to the finish at best.

Tell me how many mid P5 recruiters close on 5 of 8 uncommitted targets the caliber of guys like Williams, Blanton, and Lewis?

Now we need to hit the portal for 2 DB.

BayouDawg
12-08-2021, 11:36 PM
Everything ive read and heard still seems like we are in a good position to close strong. What have yall heard to make you think we are about to flop?

FriarsPoint
12-08-2021, 11:37 PM
I think the problem is we took about 7 early commits at Db and we only have 2 of those left. Nicholson and Thomas bolted (although we kind of knew it with Thomas) and then we dropped 3 guys who we didn?t like how they progressed this year.

When you have to drop 3 guys from a position that we?re long time commits it means you really missed on your projections and it probably took some time away from recruiting other guys.

Then we are simply getting beat out while we scramble around looking for replacements. I get the vibe that we felt pretty strong on Rogers and maybe another one that we?ve lost ground on because when we dropped those guys we haven?t heard any new names pop up

In that case:

1) Better evaluation needs to be done
2) Better communication between the evaluators as the timeline draws out, and “the man on the street”, so to speak.

Cooterpoot
12-09-2021, 08:14 AM

Never led for all those. Not even in the game on a couple. I beat up our shitty way of recruiting, and lack of give a shit by our school (and boosters), but we're close to having a solid class. Couple pieces fall our way, we're ok. Couple fall out, well, same old same old.

Hambone
12-09-2021, 09:08 AM
Williams
Lewis
Ramsey
LaHue
Blanton

Rogers is really the only one we waiting big on, other than Nicholson who most doubt.

Still feeling good about Williams with him visiting Ole Miss this weekend?

Cowboydawg
12-09-2021, 10:11 AM
Williams
Lewis
Ramsey
LaHue
Blanton

We should definitely feel good bout those 5 and I will add one more that I think we are going to get. Amorion Walker.

As far as Rogers goes, he actually committed on his visit last weekend. But our staff knows that means nothing.

I think we end up getting Dinkins and our staff loves Chris Bell. It just depends how bad he wants to play receiver. He can flourish at receiver at Louisville. Most likely a linebacker here but I am sure they will give him a look at wr.

I don?t see a ?limp? to the finish line. When you are recruiting high level players, other teams are going to continue to recruit them to the finish line.

Catfish
12-09-2021, 10:22 AM
I don't see a limp either. Some of the posters are always negative for a reason.

dawgman15
12-09-2021, 10:23 AM
I don't have feelings anyway. I used to get very into recruiting but with flips and drama my following has decreased dramatically

Cooterpoot
12-09-2021, 10:52 AM
Are we top 15? No
Could we be with the right coaches/commitment? Occasionally
But this class will be solid if we can get the last few pieces. And while I'll complain about some things, we almost always have a good plan when things don't go our way. That DB recruiting got to get better.

Catfish
12-09-2021, 11:00 AM
Are we top 15? No
Could we be with the right coaches/commitment? Occasionally
But this class will be solid if we can get the last few pieces. And while I'll complain about some things, we almost always have a good plan when things don't go our way. That DB recruiting got to get better.

Any news on a kicker?

Turfdawg67
12-09-2021, 11:52 AM

I think the perception is that you never post anything positive. Maybe you just feel compelled to post when something bothers you. Even a "positive" post from you has a negative slant... "This loss isn't on the coaching staff! It's on the players." Sorry that's not verbatim.

Coursesuper
12-09-2021, 12:31 PM
I think the perception is that you never post anything positive. Maybe you just feel compelled to post when something bothers you. Even a "positive" post from you has a negative slant... "This loss isn't on the coaching staff! It's on the players." Sorry that's not verbatim.

Yeah, that truth shat really sux.

HancockCountyDog
12-09-2021, 12:47 PM
Still feeling good about Williams with him visiting Ole Miss this weekend?

I'd rather he didn't visit there, but we have a sizeable lead.

I've been told that the bears have raised the white flag on Blanton.

William Tecumsah Sherman
12-09-2021, 01:06 PM
Sharks are done with Blanton. He?s a dawg.

confucius say
12-09-2021, 01:27 PM
I'd rather he didn't visit there, but we have a sizeable lead.

I've been told that the bears have raised the white flag on Blanton.

The word in Madison is he told them it's over, thanks for recruiting him, but no need to continue.
Of course their spin is that they moved off him

HancockCountyDog
12-09-2021, 01:29 PM
The word in Madison is he told them it's over, thanks for recruiting him, but no need to continue.
Of course their spin is that they moved off him

Yeah - those are details I never care about. They wanted him, we got him; The rest is pure spin. Lets see who they replace him with and then their spin will make even less sense.

Commercecomet24
12-09-2021, 01:40 PM
Yeah Blantons in. Lemonis really helped with him, but Leach was big with him also.

Chuck3124
12-09-2021, 05:21 PM
Just trying to get caught up to speed here, but what?s the deal with Nicholson?? Everything I see here is that it?s slim to no chance at pulling him back in. I?ve also heard UK had 2 DBs in for visits last week and one being another JUCO DB and he wasn?t happy about that. But again idk how true the last part is.

Bdawg
12-09-2021, 05:32 PM
Just trying to get caught up to speed here, but what?s the deal with Nicholson?? Everything I see here is that it?s slim to no chance at pulling him back in. I?ve also heard UK had 2 DBs in for visits last week and one being another JUCO DB and he wasn?t happy about that. But again idk how true the last part is.

Commerce coached the kid. There is something holding him back from state( I don't know why this happens to us) for some reason. Not sure if anyone knows where he's going but I think it's slim to none unless some things change. I just hope he's gets to go where he really wants to. Bout all you can hope for. It's his life and college career. I can't think of many things that would stop me from choosing my school of choice if I had a free ride.

Chuck3124
12-09-2021, 05:50 PM
I completely agree. He?s on the list to visit for sure this weekend don?t know if he?s coming but let?s see what happens this weekend and fingers crossed it goes well. And I also hope he goes where he wants to go to college as well.

dawgman15
12-09-2021, 05:52 PM
Steve mentioned on the radio this morning that we expect double digit visitors this weekend. He couldn't release some names because they are committed to other schools at the moment but hopefully some more news will come to light after the weekend

Cowbell
12-09-2021, 06:48 PM
Steve mentioned on the radio this morning that we expect double digit visitors this weekend. He couldn't release some names because they are committed to other schools at the moment but hopefully some more news will come to light after the weekend

Remember he's always going to be overly optimistic

BayouDawg
12-09-2021, 07:25 PM
Remember he's always going to be overly optimistic

Which to be fair it would suck if he was overly negative. We get plenty of that here.

Doggie_Style
12-09-2021, 07:25 PM

Steve exposes the super positive company line at all times...... divide everything he says by 5

confucius say
12-09-2021, 07:36 PM
Meh. He's been adamant for two weeks that we are not getting all 8 of the targets we've zeroed in on the last 15 days. I think we get 5.

Bothrops
12-09-2021, 07:58 PM
Steve exposes the super positive company line at all times...... divide everything he says by 5

Not really

Cooterpoot
12-09-2021, 07:59 PM

He's not wrong. Things are about to pick up.

Bothrops
12-09-2021, 08:08 PM
Our NT target, Dinkins gets offered by Florida. Dent head recruited him at Lafayette and just took Chaney from us. We need about 6,500 new people on staff just to recruit in December.

Ari Gold
12-09-2021, 08:37 PM
Hello DJ James... remember us .. We forgive you..

KOdawg1
12-09-2021, 10:17 PM
I hate Mississippi state recruiting in December

We do pretty good until it's time to actually close.

Irondawg
12-09-2021, 10:21 PM
I doubt we have much of a shot but DJ would be huge

Cooterpoot
12-09-2021, 10:33 PM
I hate Mississippi state recruiting in December

We do pretty good until it's time to actually close.

We're doing fine. We're basically down to a couple kids that are committed to other schools, and one that was but is all over the place. Grab those two up that are committed and people will piss their pants they're so happy.

HancockCountyDog
12-09-2021, 11:46 PM
We're doing fine. We're basically down to a couple kids that are committed to other schools, and one that was but is all over the place. Grab those two up that are committed and people will piss their pants they're so happy.

Damn - i need my decoder ring to help me figure out who you are talking about.

Cooterpoot
12-09-2021, 11:52 PM
😎
I'm feeling better than ever tonight.

William Tecumsah Sherman
12-10-2021, 07:31 AM
The positive Cooter!

KOdawg1
12-10-2021, 08:21 AM
Who tf are you and what did you do with Cooter?

Chuck3124
12-10-2021, 08:31 AM
Who tf are you and what did you do with Cooter?

This lol

Fader21
12-10-2021, 10:25 AM
apparently Arch Manning is sticking with his commitment that he announced at the Neshoba Co. Fair ******

Dawgology
12-10-2021, 10:33 AM
The positive Cooter!

Sounds dangerous

Chuck3124
12-10-2021, 10:37 AM
I do know for a fact there are 10 guys coming in for visit this weekend

Leroy Jenkins
12-10-2021, 11:13 AM
The positive Cooter!

You can get a shot to clear that up.

preachermatt83
12-10-2021, 11:17 AM
I’m hearing we are having a big weekend. Both recruiting and transfer portal.

HancockCountyDog
12-10-2021, 11:36 AM

Wait, aren't you the cooler when it comes to recruiting? If so, please delete your post before you ruin the weekend for everyone.

bulldawg28
12-10-2021, 12:13 PM

If true I'm excited more about the transfer portal than high school recruits.

Catfish
12-10-2021, 12:26 PM
Transfer portal all the way.

Commercecomet24
12-10-2021, 12:53 PM

Yes I hear things are trending our way.

Hambone
12-10-2021, 01:15 PM
When will it be known who the secret visitors are?

Cowbell
12-10-2021, 01:26 PM
Yes I hear things are trending our way.

I'm hearing we may be getting organized in terms of NIL

BrunswickDawg
12-10-2021, 01:42 PM
Lahue in the boat

Leeshouldveflanked
12-10-2021, 01:51 PM
Lahue in the boat
^^^^Like Button^^^^

Commercecomet24
12-10-2021, 02:25 PM
Lahue in the boat

Just the beginning

HancockCountyDog
12-10-2021, 02:33 PM
Lahue in the boat

Very nice pickup

Op4isabitch
12-10-2021, 02:36 PM
So Taylor and LaHue, that’s a good couple Linemen right there, hope they have some nasty to them.

Catfish
12-10-2021, 02:36 PM
Good job!

ShotgunDawg
12-10-2021, 02:42 PM
https://twitter.com/Thee_Matty_D/status/1469386749201760256?s=20

Catfish
12-10-2021, 02:45 PM

What's this about?

Cooterpoot
12-10-2021, 03:09 PM
😎

Commercecomet24
12-10-2021, 03:11 PM
😎

This!

Op4isabitch
12-10-2021, 03:21 PM
Yancy is a State fan now? Awesome! ��

bulldawg28
12-10-2021, 03:41 PM

What is he talking about?

Hambone
12-10-2021, 03:44 PM
Arch Manning is on campus.

Just kidding I just wanted to contribute to the positive freak out

ZedFedder
12-10-2021, 03:48 PM

Lol! Fantastic.

Catfish
12-10-2021, 03:48 PM

LOL!!!!!

Fader21
12-10-2021, 03:59 PM
I told y'all he is gonna stick with his commitment! Lol

Bdawg
12-10-2021, 05:23 PM
We better not have an epic letdown after all this positivity!!! I'm not used to this type of excitement in MSU recruiting so we better not blow it by Wednesday!! Can someone give us a little rundown with as much info as possible about all this news?

bulldawg28
12-10-2021, 05:27 PM
If it's not a 5 star commitment or signing all of this is worthless hoorah. Signing one or two 4 stars isn't worth all of this beating of chest and "never seen before". But prove me wrong.

confucius say
12-10-2021, 06:29 PM
If it's not a 5 star commitment or signing all of this is worthless hoorah. Signing one or two 4 stars isn't worth all of this beating of chest and "never seen before". But prove me wrong.

So if it's not a five star it's not worthy of excitement? Come on now. There are only 32 of those in the world.

bulldawg28
12-10-2021, 06:51 PM
So if it's not a five star it's not worthy of excitement? Come on now. There are only 32 of those in the world.

Lol, the man said he's never seen it before at MSU. We've signed plenty of 4 stars. I'm expecting something new happening even from the list of players talked about.

confucius say
12-10-2021, 07:24 PM
Lol, the man said he's never seen it before at MSU. We've signed plenty of 4 stars. I'm expecting something new happening even from the list of players talked about.

I don't think that is to what he is referring.

Leeshouldveflanked
12-10-2021, 07:26 PM
Must be a double secret visitor?

Bdawg
12-10-2021, 07:42 PM

I can only hope he's referring to a clean sweep of final targets. I won't hold my breathe... this is recruiting we're talking about.

I hope he was referencing something good that he hasn't seen in 15 years of recruiting and not the bad!! Ha

preachermatt83
12-10-2021, 07:56 PM
I can only hope he's referring to a clean sweep of final targets. I won't hold my breathe... this is recruiting we're talking about.

I hope he was referencing something good that he hasn't seen in 15 years of recruiting and not the bad!! Ha

Oh, it’s good. Very good

ZedFedder
12-10-2021, 08:03 PM
We have FIU transfer WR Tyrese Chambers visiting. He put up huge numbers this past year. FSU is on him hard, too.

BankerDog
12-10-2021, 08:15 PM
If the other possible transfer who?s name I heard was visiting, well done getting him on campus. Now close the deals. We need DBs

Fader21
12-10-2021, 08:25 PM
If the other possible transfer who?s name I heard was visiting, well done getting him on campus. Now close the deals. We need DBs

If it is Eli Ricks I would be elated

bulldawg28
12-10-2021, 08:38 PM
Guys keep this energy and IFFFFF it doesn't go as planned don't come on here blaming coaches. To get Guys on campus is the coaches job. To win them over is the culture of the university.

vv83
12-10-2021, 08:48 PM
Guys keep this energy and IFFFFF it doesn't go as planned don't come on here blaming coaches. To get Guys on campus is the coaches job. To win them over is the culture of the university.
It’s not 1995 anymore. Money talks, and the coaches should be engrained to our NIL pitch

Catfish
12-10-2021, 09:01 PM
It’s not 1995 anymore. Money talks, and the coaches should be engrained to our NIL pitch

Hopefully, it's the culture of the university now.

Dawgology
12-10-2021, 09:36 PM
So are we excited about a double top secret commit or are we talking just a visitor? Or is everyone just talking out their ass? Haha

Bdawg
12-10-2021, 10:23 PM
Oh, it?s good. Very good

Well we will need an explanation to be sure we got every single person that we expected to get with this exciting close. But long time till Wed and the dead period hasn't started yet( some peoples best time to recruit.)

Bdawg
12-10-2021, 10:28 PM
So are we excited about a double top secret commit or are we talking just a visitor? Or is everyone just talking out their ass? Haha

^^^insert Ace Ventura meme^^^^

This better not be just talk!! Hopefully this staff is understanding the recruiting game in the SEC.

confucius say
12-10-2021, 10:40 PM
We're not getting every target. Calm down on that people.

Bdawg
12-10-2021, 10:55 PM
We're not getting every target. Calm down on that people.

Ha. That's right, but there sure is a LOT of build up going on right now and our closing history usually gives people the opposite feeling of how people are feeling right now. I would just like to know what the excitement is over, so I know if it comes to fruition or not on Wednesday.

ZedFedder
12-10-2021, 11:15 PM
We are hearing how good it is, but there isn’t really that much definite posted.

FriarsPoint
12-11-2021, 01:06 AM
We are hearing how good it is, but there isn’t really that much definite posted.

We’re plugging holes. That’s what all this pre teen little girl shit means

preachermatt83
12-11-2021, 01:45 AM
Do any of you guys realize how awful we?ve closed over the last many years? This is not going to be a perfect class but it?ll be the best we?ve closed in a long time. Better classes? Probably? better close? Very few. Most years in the past we?ve have our top targets visiting other schools on this last weekend. This year it?s not that way. They are visiting us.

Tater
12-11-2021, 02:04 AM
I heard the spread from the Little Dooey's caused 5 more to instantly commit on the spot tonight /s

Bothrops
12-11-2021, 02:06 AM
[QUOTE=FriarsPoint;1393761]We’re plugging holes./QUOTE]

We got Britney Spears on campus

bulldawg28
12-11-2021, 07:47 AM

That falls under the culture of the university.

AROB44
12-11-2021, 08:31 AM
That falls under the culture of the university.

Nope.....it's the alumni.

Leeshouldveflanked
12-11-2021, 08:50 AM
Nope.....it's the alumni.
There is no coordination between the University, the AD and the Alumni. Thats the issue.

Coursesuper
12-11-2021, 09:24 AM
There is no coordination between the University, the AD and the Alumni. Thats the issue.

No, thats not our problem at all. The problem is that Mississippi State has been, is, and will continue to be one of the most divided, factional clickish alumni and fan bases anywhere. We can almost never get it together long enough to pull in the same direction to get anything done. Something our sister state school to the NW excels at. They can get it together and get behind a message or campaign with the best of them. We just bitch among the factions to see who controls the message. We will continue to be us until this gets unscrewed and very strong leadership take the helm.

AROB44
12-11-2021, 09:50 AM
No, thats not our problem at all. The problem is that Mississippi State has been, is, and will continue to be one of the most divided, factional clickish alumni and fan bases anywhere. We can almost never get it together long enough to pull in the same direction to get anything done. Something our sister state school to the NW excels at. They can get it together and get behind a message or campaign with the best of them. We just bitch among the factions to see who controls the message. We will continue to be us until this gets unscrewed and very strong leadership take the helm.

This is so true.

Leeshouldveflanked
12-11-2021, 09:55 AM
This is true too. We have no Athletic Leadership for everyone to come together and get behind. We have one fraction that doesnt care about anything but MSU Baseball, another group that only cares that they get their same seats in basketball and then you have the Football crowd. For Baseball and Basketball and the other sports to succeed you have to have a strong Football Program. If you dont, that check that pays for Baseball and Basketball we get in Destin could disappear. Maybe not in the next year or two, but in the next 5-10 years.

You can hire someone that does what Cohen does for $100k per year. We need a promoter and fundraiser and most of all a Leader to run the Athletic Department. We dont have that now.

Cowbell
12-11-2021, 10:06 AM
This is true too. We have no Athletic Leadership for everyone to come together and get behind. We have one fraction that doesnt care about anything but MSU Baseball, another group that only cares that they get their same seats in basketball and then you have the Football crowd. For Baseball and Basketball and the other sports to succeed you have to have a strong Football Program. If you dont, that check that pays for Baseball and Basketball we get in Destin could disappear. Maybe not in the next year or two, but in the next 5-10 years.

You can hire someone that does what Cohen does for $100k per year. We need a promoter and fundraiser and most of all a Leader to run the Athletic Department. We dont have that now.

Yes if Cohen isn't going to market and lead he has got to hire people that can do those things

Homedawg
12-11-2021, 10:14 AM

Did John sleep w your mom or wife? You can't post wo bitching about him. Give it a rest. We know you hate him.

Coursesuper
12-11-2021, 10:20 AM

The question you need to ask yourself here is. How did the guy get the job, and who made it happen the way it did? Nothing else in your post matters. The university and by extension the athletic department are defined by the alumni. Thats who sets the messaging and how things fall. This is who sets the culture and how they direct that is what has to change. We have to many in it for them and in it for the university as an institution.

Cooterpoot
12-11-2021, 10:41 AM

Not really. Don't judge the fan base by the message board crowd. People want to help, They have no one telling them how. They have no one coordinating things with the alumni groups. There's little effort by the alumni groups either. To be organized, there has to be leadership.

CadaverDawg
12-11-2021, 10:51 AM
Ok, back to the positive shit. Is that over, or are we still excited?

Coursesuper
12-11-2021, 10:59 AM
Not really. Don't judge the fan base by the message board crowd. People want to help, They have no one telling them how. They have no one coordinating things with the alumni groups. There's little effort by the alumni groups either. To be organized, there has to be leadership.

This is in no way a post about the message board crowd. I think you might understand those of which I am referring, no need to drag names and places into the public space. Factionalism controls whos in place, this a certainty. Which put us, who are already in a disadvantaged situation, into a brutally hard place. We do ourselves no favors. Thats the way it is, not pretty but it is what it is. To my view this actually makes our accomplishments that much more outstanding.

ShotgunDawg
12-11-2021, 11:18 AM
Looks like DL U will survive

https://twitter.com/rivals/status/1469511690542796809?s=21

bulldawg28
12-11-2021, 11:29 AM
Looks like DL U will survive

https://twitter.com/rivals/status/1469511690542796809?s=21

Nice clips. Is Williams on board?

Cooterpoot
12-11-2021, 11:34 AM
This is in no way a post about the message board crowd. I think you might understand those of which I am referring, no need to drag names and places into the public space. Factionalism controls whos in place, this a certainty. Which put us, who are already in a disadvantaged situation, into a brutally hard place. We do ourselves no favors. Thats the way it is, not pretty but it is what it is. To my view this actually makes our accomplishments that much more outstanding.

The older crowd stuck in the 80s and only concerned with baseball, along with an AD that's a former baseball coach is a huge problem for MS football and basketball. We market the shit out of baseball. The rest- nothing much. Football will always be king. It pays the bills. But leadership discounts it. It's a leadership problem.

Leeshouldveflanked
12-11-2021, 11:38 AM
Did John sleep w your mom or wife? You can't post wo bitching about him. Give it a rest. We know you hate him.
Ha, Sticks and Stones. if you cant see the incompetence you are either naive, blind or enjoy getting humiliated losing to Ole Miss.

ShotgunDawg
12-11-2021, 11:41 AM
Nice clips. Is Williams on board?

Pretty much yes

Coursesuper
12-11-2021, 12:15 PM
The older crowd stuck in the 80s and only concerned with baseball, along with an AD that's a former baseball coach is a huge problem for MS football and basketball. We market the shit out of baseball. The rest- nothing much. Football will always be king. It pays the bills. But leadership discounts it. It's a leadership problem.

I don?t disagree with you here, try to take a step back and see the forest for the trees. Still the question to ask is How leadership put in place? If you can get that it all falls into place and our situation becomes more clear. Enough on this I?ve typed all I intend to.

confucius say
12-11-2021, 12:20 PM
Let's keep the recruiting thread to recruiting please.

Love Williams. Is he the best DL in the state? I think so personally.

Catfish
12-11-2021, 12:22 PM
Let's keep the recruiting thread to recruiting please.

Love Williams. Is he the best DL in the state? I think so personally.

I agree. We need Williams to sign.

Turfdawg67
12-11-2021, 12:42 PM

Thank you! Jesus, that dude's a one trick pony. We get it! You don't like Cohen.

bulldawg28
12-11-2021, 12:46 PM
Pretty much yes

He's a player indeed .

SilentSteel16
12-11-2021, 01:19 PM
Ok Williams is looking like a beast. Just let him get some good S&C and he will be another 1-3 round pick. He looks like he was toying with those lineman. He pushed the one guy back and held him stationary with 1 arm.

William Tecumsah Sherman
12-11-2021, 02:35 PM
Steve crystal balled Nicholson to State? Anything changed Commerce?

Catfish
12-11-2021, 02:38 PM
Nicholson would be a great pick up.

HancockCountyDog
12-11-2021, 02:49 PM
Nicholson would be a great pick up.

Certainly trending that way.

Leeshouldveflanked
12-11-2021, 02:54 PM
Who were the two top secret visitors?

Tripp McNeely
12-11-2021, 03:01 PM

Marcus Banks, Bama transfer, was one of them

Cowbell
12-11-2021, 03:07 PM

Well Nicholson was originally not supposed to be here this weekend so that's awesome. He is not considered in the two though

Chuck3124
12-11-2021, 03:11 PM
Marcus Banks, Bama transfer, was one of them

Please tell me it wasn?t Rattler?. My brother sent me a screenshot from an article saying we where a top suitor for him

Commercecomet24
12-11-2021, 03:21 PM
Steve crystal balled Nicholson to State? Anything changed Commerce?

Not as of now. Closer than we were though. Still slim.

bulldawg28
12-11-2021, 03:30 PM
Please tell me it wasn?t Rattler?. My brother sent me a screenshot from an article saying we where a top suitor for him

Come on down Spencer! Lol

vv83
12-11-2021, 03:33 PM
Not as of now. Closer than we were though. Still slim.

Steve just being overly optimistic?

Coursesuper
12-11-2021, 03:36 PM

I know you?re gonna say no way.

preachermatt83
12-11-2021, 03:53 PM
Would anyone coot, ari, commerce, iyok, or any of you guys be willing to give a percentage chance we get these particular guys?
Thanks in advance.

Khamauri Rogers- DB
Trevion williams- dl
Stone Blanton- lb
Percy Lewis- OL
Trent Ramsey- OL
Ajay Allen- RB
Decarlos Nicholson-DB
Kalvin Dinkins- DL

Tripp McNeely
12-11-2021, 04:02 PM

I don't think Steve makes that pick at this point unless he privately committed to the staff

bulldawg28
12-11-2021, 04:20 PM
Would anyone coot, ari, commerce, iyok, or any of you guys be willing to give a percentage chance we get these particular guys?
Thanks in advance.

Khamauri Rogers- DB
Trevion williams- dl
Stone Blanton- lb
Percy Lewis- OL
Trent Ramsey- OL
Ajay Allen- RB
Decarlos Nicholson-DB
Kalvin Dinkins- DL

Didn't you say yesterday things were going well? Give your percentages. Should be 100% for them all.

Bdawg
12-11-2021, 04:26 PM
Didn't you say yesterday things were going well? Give your percentages. Should be 100% for them all.

Ha ha yeah, lead pipe cinches.

bulldawg28
12-11-2021, 04:47 PM
Ha ha yeah, lead pipe cinches.

Lol, exactly.

Cooterpoot
12-11-2021, 04:50 PM
😎

preachermatt83
12-11-2021, 04:52 PM

You need help. Like bad.

bulldawg28
12-11-2021, 05:43 PM
You need help. Like bad.

Man you are a paper thin skinned guy. I'm having fun with the situation but you just proved you have no insight.

bulldawg28
12-11-2021, 05:48 PM
��

So the culture is doing work?

Catfish
12-11-2021, 06:02 PM
Sure got quiet.

preachermatt83
12-11-2021, 06:05 PM
Man you are a paper thin skinned guy. I'm having fun with the situation but you just proved you have no insight.
Thin skinned? Lol. No. I only said you needed help. And I have very little insight. You are certainly correct about that. The only few connections that I do have all say things have gone well this weekend. I’m not expecting a 100 percent. I’m expecting better than 50 percent though which is FAR better than what we’ve typically done on those toss ups at the end.

Catfish
12-11-2021, 06:11 PM
Sure hope Wednesday turns out good. Fingers crossed and all that.

bulldawg28
12-11-2021, 06:31 PM
Thin skinned? Lol. No. I only said you needed help. And I have very little insight. You are certainly correct about that. The only few connections that I do have all say things have gone well this weekend. I’m not expecting a 100 percent. I’m expecting better than 50 percent though which is FAR better than what we’ve typically done on those toss ups at the end.

Ok, we shall see.

Bdawg
12-11-2021, 07:13 PM
Sure got quiet.

Hopefully no news is good news. Cooter from 3 shades to 1. Hopefully not going backwards!!! 😂😂

Cooterpoot
12-11-2021, 07:41 PM
This week will be a good week. Better than I thought after last week

preachermatt83
12-11-2021, 07:57 PM

Will you give your percentages on those I listed?

Catfish
12-11-2021, 08:06 PM

God to hear.

somebodyshotmypaw
12-11-2021, 08:16 PM
Thanks in advance.

Khamauri Rogers- DB
Trevion williams- dl
Stone Blanton- lb
Percy Lewis- OL
Trent Ramsey- OL
Ajay Allen- RB
Decarlos Nicholson-DB
Kalvin Dinkins- DL

Khamauri Rogers- DB. 35%
Trevion williams- dl. 80%
Stone Blanton- lb 90%
Percy Lewis- OL 70%
Trent Ramsey- OL. 60%
Ajay Allen- RB 20%
Decarlos Nicholson-DB. 55%
Kalvin Dinkins- DL. Don?t know

Chuck3124
12-11-2021, 08:18 PM
Well they just rolled out the red carpet for a couple guys in the stadium. And saw a guy was working on the field doing drills looked like a CB but couldn?t tell who it was. We had work Christmas party in the gridiron club of the stadium

Dawgology
12-11-2021, 08:18 PM
Did we ever find out who the super secret visits were that amazed everyone?

bulldawg28
12-11-2021, 08:21 PM
Well they just rolled out the red carpet for a couple guys in the stadium. And saw a guy was working on the field doing drills looked like a CB but couldn?t tell who it was. We had work Christmas party in the gridiron club of the stadium

Working out?

Cooterpoot
12-11-2021, 08:27 PM
Rogers-50%
Ramsey-99%
Dinkins- 60%
Nicholson-75%
Williams-99%
Blanton-99%
Lewis-99%
Banks-50%
LaHue-100%

Ari Gold
12-11-2021, 08:35 PM
Rogers-50%
Ramsey-99%
Dinkins- 60%
Nicholson-75%
Williams-99%
Blanton-99%
Lewis-99%
Banks-50%
LaHue-100%

Banks is higher than 50..

Bdawg
12-11-2021, 08:48 PM
Rogers-50%
Ramsey-99%
Dinkins- 60%
Nicholson-75%
Williams-99%
Blanton-99%
Lewis-99%
Banks-50%
LaHue-100%

How about an importance rank based on position needs(assuming we get them all):
1. Lewis
2. Rogers
3. Nicholson
4. Williams
5. Ramsey
6. Dinkins
7. Blanton
8. Lahue

Got to go look up Banks and edit

Edit: may put Banks in the 2, 3 or 4 slot. He was 127 overall and over a .94 when he signed with Bama. Anyone know how good he is?

Commercecomet24
12-11-2021, 08:52 PM
Rogers-50%
Ramsey-99%
Dinkins- 60%
Nicholson-75%
Williams-99%
Blanton-99%
Lewis-99%
Banks-50%
LaHue-100%

Decarlos is torn right now on where he wants to go. If we win this win you can thank Leach, Arnett, Walley and a former Bulldog great. Leach and Arnett have worked him hard. Leach can absolutely recruit. We'll see, I'm more hopeful with each day but still his circumstance will probably prevent him becoming a Dawg. Y'all cross your fingers.
If I hear more I'll let y'all know.

Catfish
12-11-2021, 08:55 PM
Decarlos is torn right now on where he wants to go. If we win this win you can thank Leach, Arnett, Walley and a former Bulldog great. Leach and Arnett have worked him hard. Leach can absolutely recruit. We'll see, I'm more hopeful with each day but still his circumstance will probably prevent him becoming a Dawg. Y'all cross your fingers.

Thanks for keeping us updated on him. I hope things work out for him. He sounds like a special guy.

preachermatt83
12-11-2021, 09:01 PM
Rogers-50%
Ramsey-99%
Dinkins- 60%
Nicholson-75%
Williams-99%
Blanton-99%
Lewis-99%
Banks-50%
LaHue-100%

Thanks buddy

preachermatt83
12-11-2021, 09:01 PM
Khamauri Rogers- DB. 35%
Trevion williams- dl. 80%
Stone Blanton- lb 90%
Percy Lewis- OL 70%
Trent Ramsey- OL. 60%
Ajay Allen- RB 20%
Decarlos Nicholson-DB. 55%
Kalvin Dinkins- DL. Don?t know

Thanks!

Ari Gold
12-11-2021, 09:04 PM
How about an importance rank based on position needs(assuming we get them all):
1. Lewis
2. Rogers
3. Nicholson
4. Williams
5. Ramsey
6. Dinkins
7. Blanton
8. Lahue

Got to go look up Banks and edit

Williams is 1 and it’s not close..
Nicholson 2
Banks 3

Bdawg
12-11-2021, 09:04 PM

Who is it between? Really would like to here what would prevent him from coming if possible in the future.

Bdawg
12-11-2021, 09:07 PM
Williams is 1 and it’s not close..
Nicholson 2
Banks 3

I thought OT was our biggest concern or are you saying Williams is that good and we don't need to miss on him?

TALL DAWG
12-11-2021, 09:07 PM
Thanks!

Hey Commerce?.what is his?.circumstance?that could prevent him from?being a Dawg??

preachermatt83
12-11-2021, 09:08 PM
Rogers-50%
Ramsey-99%
Dinkins- 60%
Nicholson-75%
Williams-99%
Blanton-99%
Lewis-99%
Banks-50%
LaHue-100%

The ship has sailed on Ajay?

preachermatt83
12-11-2021, 09:20 PM
Nm

Cowbell
12-11-2021, 09:23 PM

Thanks for sharing

Dawgology
12-11-2021, 10:13 PM
Thanks for sharing

I’m confused at the issue that keeps him coming from a place he wants to go. Can you share it in a PM. Is it something one of us could help with?

Ari Gold
12-11-2021, 10:15 PM
I thought OT was our biggest concern or are you saying Williams is that good and we don't need to miss on him?

Yes

maroonmania
12-11-2021, 10:16 PM
but still his circumstance will probably prevent him becoming a Dawg.

This is apparently the case for every corner back we try to recruit with this staff. 😞

preachermatt83
12-12-2021, 01:24 AM
Expect to see Tyrese Chambers, the WR from FIU to sign with us

bulldawg28
12-12-2021, 04:22 AM
This is apparently the case for every corner back we try to recruit with this staff. ��
True