PDA

View Full Version : 2023 MSU FOOTBALL RECRUITING Discussion Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 [4]

BrunswickDawg
02-02-2023, 08:08 PM
What I want know is will Will James look for curveballs and go press conference tirades about bunting?

ZedFedder
02-06-2023, 06:13 PM
Never heard of this kid. Anyone else have the scoop on him? Hattiesburg QB just committed to TAMU.

https://mobile.twitter.com/MarshallLevyOn3/status/1622734700690264074

Cooterpoot
02-13-2023, 11:17 PM
Never heard of this kid. Anyone else have the scoop on him? Hattiesburg QB just committed to TAMU.

https://mobile.twitter.com/MarshallLevyOn3/status/1622734700690264074

His brother is the top prospect in MS coming up. That's what it's all about. And this kid is the OG QB. We'd take him as an athlete, but he's not playing QB for us.

ZedFedder
02-27-2023, 05:08 PM
JJ Harrell commits to Tennessee.

Pancho
02-27-2023, 06:23 PM
umph

BankerDog
02-27-2023, 08:43 PM
JJ Harrell commits to Tennessee.

I tried telling some of you the ?elite recruiter? title of Chad Bumphis was not warranted. This is not a good sign. This kid was lean to us for awhile.. so much for ?locking down MS? with what looks like Harrell leaving and Franklin and Maddox thus far. Long season, we will see.

StarkVegasSteve
02-27-2023, 08:47 PM
I tried telling some of you the ?elite recruiter? title of Chad Bumphis was not warranted. This is not a good sign. This kid was lean to us for awhile.. so much for ?locking down MS? with what looks like Harrell leaving and Franklin and Maddox thus far. Long season, we will see.

I don't get a warm and fuzzy feeling with Noreel White either. And we're already out of it with Jeremy Scott from Callaway.

KB21
02-28-2023, 11:59 AM
I'm still waiting on this so called improved recruiting staff to show up. It's not surprising to me that we are missing on receivers though considering the offense we are running.

Goldendawg
02-28-2023, 12:24 PM
Great HS class for 2023. No surprise the SEC blue bloods are already getting who they want. "The More Things Change, The More They Stay The Same", Cinderella. Will take a tremendous amount of hard work by the new staff and NIL $ to even get our share.

StarkVegasSteve
02-28-2023, 11:20 PM
This is not a normal MS HS class. There's more than a couple day 1 difference makers. WE HAVE TO GET THEM.

Todd4State
03-03-2023, 12:45 AM
I'm still waiting on this so called improved recruiting staff to show up. It's not surprising to me that we are missing on receivers though considering the offense we are running.

Zero commits so far.

Waiting on the article where the receiver prospects talk about how excited they are to block for Woody.

Tater
03-03-2023, 08:44 PM

Good lord you're insufferable.

Commercecomet24
03-03-2023, 09:11 PM
Good lord you're insufferable.

100%

Cooterpoot
03-04-2023, 10:55 PM

STFU
We signed a top transfer and return just about everybody. Are all those WRs the great Leach signed not good all of a sudden? We've got like 20.

Ari Gold
03-04-2023, 11:35 PM

Maybe I missed all the WR we put in the league and got drafted the last 3 years or the ones on the roster now that are NFL talent ..

Commercecomet24
03-04-2023, 11:38 PM
STFU
We signed a top transfer and return just about everybody. Are all those WRs the great Leach signed not good all of a sudden? We've got like 20.

Yep, One position we dont have a lack of numbers in, is wrs. Heck we could fill 2 teams with the numbers we have.

Pancho
03-05-2023, 08:16 AM
KB21's powder blue logic comes out naturally. It's evidently been there many years.

KB21
03-05-2023, 10:36 PM
So, they are actually recruiting Maddox as a QB? Talk about a significant decline in QB recruiting already.

Todd4State
03-06-2023, 01:03 AM
So, they are actually recruiting Maddox as a QB? Talk about a significant decline in QB recruiting already.

If it comes down to it I'm pretty sure we'll take Petty if it's a one or the other situation.

I could see us taking both because getting Maddox may give us an in with his brother for 2025.

Maddox is a SEC athlete. I could see us moving him to TE or something like that too.

Cooterpoot
03-06-2023, 01:54 AM

To be smart, you're dumb as 17.

Pancho
03-06-2023, 05:30 AM
Very well spoken by KB21.

KB21
03-06-2023, 06:22 PM
Is Will Friend recruiting anyone or is he just sitting on his fat ass? Autry from IAHS says he had a great relationship with the previous staff but hasn?t heard much from the new staff. He must be a pass blocker.

bulldawg28
03-06-2023, 07:36 PM
Is Will Friend recruiting anyone or is he just sitting on his fat ass? Autry from IAHS says he had a great relationship with the previous staff but hasn?t heard much from the new staff. He must be a pass blocker.

It's probably because IAHS doesn't have any SEC talent for the staff to come see. I'm sure no SEC school has come by.

Commercecomet24
03-06-2023, 09:05 PM
It's probably because IAHS doesn't have any SEC talent for the staff to come see. I'm sure no SEC school has come by.

I can't give you anymore rep!

KB21
03-06-2023, 10:44 PM

Isaiah Autry, top rated OL recruit in the state.

bulldawg28
03-06-2023, 11:22 PM
Isaiah Autry, top rated OL recruit in the state.

He's a 3 star. How is he the highest rated OL in the state?

KB21
03-06-2023, 11:29 PM
Go look at the rankings.

Pancho
03-06-2023, 11:33 PM
Dam, you should start your own recruiting service.

Pancho
03-06-2023, 11:34 PM
He's not good as dolla bill was at this point in high school.

DEDawg
03-06-2023, 11:40 PM
I can't give you anymore rep!

Why? He is wrong. There is an OL there with offers from us, Ole miss, Auburn, and FSU

Tripp McNeely
03-07-2023, 12:02 AM
Why? He is wrong. There is an OL there with offers from us, Ole miss, Auburn, and FSU

We sure that any of those are commitable?

Pancho
03-07-2023, 12:13 AM
they sure didn't look too committable when the houston hilltoppers eliminated them. Houston has an OL with a committable offer. Echols is the name and he has the feet.

DEDawg
03-07-2023, 12:23 AM
We sure that any of those are commitable?

Prob not all of them. The incorrect statement was there is no SEC talent there.

The ganging up on one poster by this group of like 3-4 guys is honestly more annoying than the doom and gloomer. Just a weird circle jerk those guys have going on.

This staff is very inexperienced and has done nothing to date to show us anything (not that they have done anything wrong yet or have had the opportunity) but its valid to be concerned on our slow start for 2024. I do not recall any year we did not have a commitment in March.

Tater
03-07-2023, 05:48 AM
Prob not all of them. The incorrect statement was there is no SEC talent there.

The ganging up on one poster by this group of like 3-4 guys is honestly more annoying than the doom and gloomer. Just a weird circle jerk those guys have going on.

This staff is very inexperienced and has done nothing to date to show us anything (not that they have done anything wrong yet or have had the opportunity) but its valid to be concerned on our slow start for 2024. I do not recall any year we did not have a commitment in March.

This guy has done nothing since he got banned on genespage but come over here and spread negativity in every single thread and talk down a coaching staff that is currently undefeated after dealing with one of the toughest coaching situations possible.

Everyone's fed up and wants him gone. It's not productive to say 3 months into a tenure that your ****ing recruiting expectations at Mississippi State aren't being met. Especially when Arnett closed a 2023 class incredibly well and beat lane train out. Just overall stupid.

Pancho
03-07-2023, 06:53 AM
Rep the Tater

Leroy Jenkins
03-07-2023, 08:27 AM
I have personally seen Arnett in Fulton with my own eyes, before and since signing day. Some of our fans are just screaming at the sky.

KB21
03-07-2023, 09:32 AM
I have personally seen Arnett in Fulton with my own eyes, before and since signing day. Some of our fans are just screaming at the sky.

Mississippi State offered Autry over a year ago and he had built good relationships with the former staff in Starkville. With a new staff at Mississippi State, Autry said there hasn't been a lot of communication so far.

"It was going pretty good with State but I have not heard from their new staff in a minute," said Autry. "I keep in contact with Coach (Matt) Brock and I talked to him not long ago. But that has been about it."

He says it right there.

Tripp McNeely
03-07-2023, 10:04 AM
He says it right there.

So, you truly believe that the reason that the "top O-lineman in the State" hasn't heard from our new staff in what 2-3 months, is because they're lazy...and not because they probably don't think he's that good of a player?? They really didn't even have time to send a text or call a player that they feel could be a starting SEC OT, who lives in our home state??? ...got ya

KB21
03-07-2023, 10:20 AM
So, you truly believe that the reason that the "top O-lineman in the State" hasn't heard from our new staff in what 2-3 months, is because they're lazy...and not because they probably don't think he's that good of a player?? They really didn't even have time to send a text or call a player that they feel could be a starting SEC OT, who lives in our home state??? ...got ya

I think their reputations as recruiters and this idea that they are so much better than the staff from last year has been inflated.

Tripp McNeely
03-07-2023, 10:29 AM
I think their reputations as recruiters and this idea that they are so much better than the staff from last year has been inflated.

So, you think a standing SEC Head Football Coach, who's making $3mm a year, and can't win football games, and hence keep his job, without a solid offensive line...is either oblivious or okay with the fact that his Oline coaches haven't really contacted the "best Olineman in the State" (notice the quotes)?

ZedFedder
03-07-2023, 10:30 AM
The truth is we won?t truly know how well this staff is doing in recruiting until the end of summer. If we get to the end of the summer and there are 5 commits, yeah, time to panic.

KB21
03-07-2023, 10:40 AM
So, you think a standing SEC Head Football Coach, who's making $3mm a year, and can't win football games, and hence keep his job, without a solid offensive line...is either oblivious or okay with the fact that his Oline coaches haven't really contacted the "best Olineman in the State" (notice the quotes)?

This same head coach decided to scrap the Air Raid and go with a run oriented pro style scheme, so yeah. I think there is some ignorance at play.

DEDawg
03-07-2023, 11:46 AM
The truth is we won?t truly know how well this staff is doing in recruiting until the end of summer. If we get to the end of the summer and there are 5 commits, yeah, time to panic.

Is it common in the new NIL era for commitments to wait that long? Im seriously asking I dont know.

I cant recall ever sitting in March and not having a single commitment, and it seems like with us we always have one or two guys in early that help recruit the rest of the class and we dont have that now. Maybe NIL has completely changed that, idk.

Tripp McNeely
03-07-2023, 12:09 PM
This same head coach decided to scrap the Air Raid and go with a run oriented pro style scheme, so yeah. I think there is some ignorance at play.

What does one thing have to do with the other? You think the entire coaching staff is "ignorant" of Autry? They seem to be VERY aware of every other top recruit in the state. Your logic...is really not that logical

Goldendawg
03-07-2023, 12:16 PM
Is it common in the new NIL era for commitments to wait that long? Im seriously asking I dont know.

I cant recall ever sitting in March and not having a single commitment, and it seems like with us we always have one or two guys in early that help recruit the rest of the class and we dont have that now. Maybe NIL has completely changed that, idk.

I get all my recruiting news here or the free info on genespage. If you look at our list of top 35 targets on 24/7, only about 3 are "warm" to us. I know it ism early, but I am worried. Other programs have several commits.

Ifyouonlyknew
03-07-2023, 12:55 PM
I get all my recruiting news here or the free info on genespage. If you look at our list of top 35 targets on 24/7, only about 3 are "warm" to us. I know it ism early, but I am worried. Other programs have several commits.

Half of the SEC have 3 or few commits. 10 of the 14 SEC teams have 4 or less. We’re not way behind at all.

SilentSteel16
03-07-2023, 01:38 PM

Well all I can say is my nephew 2025 OT met with both HC and OC within the past month and asked them specifically about run vs AR and they both immediately told him to keep working on pass blocking with a moderate split. Take it for what it is worth …… I got the impression we were going to be more balanced but still pass first from the 30 minutes I sat in with them all.

Goldendawg
03-07-2023, 02:06 PM
Half of the SEC have 3 or few commits. 10 of the 14 SEC teams have 4 or less. We’re not way behind at all.

I went and checked. Nearly every one of the players (except vandy, 2 three stars) committed to virtually all the SEC programs are 4 stars. We have 0 commits. We are behind. JMO.

KB21
03-07-2023, 03:03 PM
I went and checked. Nearly every one of the players (except vandy, 2 three stars) committed to virtually all the SEC programs are 4 stars. We have 0 commits. We are behind. JMO.

......and Fred Clark, LB from Winona, who was considered a MSU lean has committed to Ole Miss.

DEDawg
03-07-2023, 03:40 PM
Half of the SEC have 3 or few commits. 10 of the 14 SEC teams have 4 or less. We?re not way behind at all.

If we had even 1 I dont think Id be worried but in recruiting it feels like the gap between 0 and 2/3 is greater than 3 and 10. Again maybe NIL has changed this where you just field a bunch of offers and commit later but it doesnt look good right now. And the same posters who just flip out when someone brings up something that does not seem to be going well is getting old.

BrunswickDawg
03-07-2023, 03:44 PM

You know, it's been a bit since we've had a good ole fashioned football recruiting freakout. Might as well start now.

TaleofTwoDogs
03-07-2023, 04:54 PM
I don't know how anybody can spin a positive out of not having any 2024 commitments. Are we freaking out, no. But when all of your peers in the SEC have at least one commitment and quite a few have multiples, then yes, there is going to be a little bit of nervousness. And as far as I remember this is the first time we have been without a commitment at this point in time. We all know that MSU's margin of error is super tight and something like this can send the wrong perception. Basically, it's probably just a case of bad optics but it sure can make the average Dawg fan sweat..

DEDawg
03-07-2023, 06:13 PM
I don't know how anybody can spin a positive out of not having any 2024 commitments. Are we freaking out, no. But when all of your peers in the SEC have at least one commitment and quite a few have multiples, then yes, there is going to be a little bit of nervousness. And as far as I remember this is the first time we have been without a commitment at this point in time. We all know that MSU's margin of error is super tight and something like this can send the wrong perception. Basically, it's probably just a case of bad optics but it sure can make the average Dawg fan sweat..

Careful youll rile up the gatekeepers. Theyll quote reply to this every time we get a recruit cause we had a mElTdOwN

KB21
03-07-2023, 06:25 PM
If this had happened under Mike Leach, we would have 10 plus threads on how lazy he is as a recruiter and how he?s spending too much time in the Keys.

Cooterpoot
03-07-2023, 11:15 PM
It's a new staff and we just came off the dead period. We got some dumb 17s posting over here these days.

Tater
03-08-2023, 06:09 AM
Careful youll rile up the gatekeepers. Theyll quote reply to this every time we get a recruit cause we had a mElTdOwN

You don't understand who you're defending. This board exists outside this thread.

Though this guy is mainly staying here because he at least has someone making him feel seen and heard. Because everyone else is tired of it.

He's the type of person who's only happiness comes from being right. He doesn't actually enjoy state winning at anything.

Pancho
03-08-2023, 07:31 AM
If this had happened under Mike Leach, we would have 10 plus threads on how lazy he is as a recruiter and how he?s spending too much time in the Keys.

U think CZA will even win a game? How many seasons will the new AD allow this to continue? You gotta inject your powder blue and help out.

KB21
03-08-2023, 09:23 AM
I'm hopeful that Arnett has learned enough from Mike Leach that he will do well, but going from Air Raid to pro style is not a good first step.

DEDawg
03-08-2023, 12:17 PM
You don't understand who you're defending. This board exists outside this thread.

Though this guy is mainly staying here because he at least has someone making him feel seen and heard. Because everyone else is tired of it.

He's the type of person whose only happiness comes from being right. He doesn't actually enjoy state winning at anything.

Im not defending anyone in particular. Ive just noticed recently theres a few posters who call anyone who questions anything with football dumb and I dont understand it. just look up 3 posts, zero recruits in March and if you question that at all youre called a dumb fu*k? Nah ppl like that need to get out their own ass

Cooterpoot
03-08-2023, 04:43 PM
Mike Leach would've locked KB in a shed for being a whining little guy with a fat little girlfriend.

Pancho
03-08-2023, 05:40 PM
He couldn't tote Mike's jock

KB21
03-08-2023, 06:32 PM
I wonder what Mike would tell those of you who believe running the ball is more important than passing it?

Pancho
03-08-2023, 08:40 PM
so many questions. i do hope you get the help you need.

Ifyouonlyknew
03-08-2023, 08:45 PM

You ask & you receive

Ifyouonlyknew
03-08-2023, 08:45 PM
If we had even 1 I dont think Id be worried but in recruiting it feels like the gap between 0 and 2/3 is greater than 3 and 10. Again maybe NIL has changed this where you just field a bunch of offers and commit later but it doesnt look good right now. And the same posters who just flip out when someone brings up something that does not seem to be going well is getting old.

You can stop worrying now

ZedFedder
03-08-2023, 09:27 PM
https://247sports.com/player/josh-flowers-46128291/

Rayburn8
03-08-2023, 09:33 PM
woah woah woah.

I was told that we would never get a blue chip QB ever again because we promoted Meathead Arnett as our Head Coach and he dared to stray from the path of the Air Raid.

How is it then possible for there to be 4-stars next to a QB that committed to us?

Make it make sense.

StarkVegasSteve
03-08-2023, 09:43 PM
We're getting back to the QB archetype we recruited under Dan. Whether that's good or bad is yet to be seen. As always with those types of kids it will come down to how well they develop as a passer. If they can they have the chance to be special. If not at worst you have a Chris Relf or Nick Fitzgerald.

Cooterpoot
03-08-2023, 09:46 PM
Damn, a 4 star QB. But, but, but Leach
LOL

DEDawg
03-08-2023, 09:51 PM
Damn, a 4 star QB. But, but, but Leach
LOL

There it is. Knew he wouldnt be able to resist lol

DEDawg
03-08-2023, 09:52 PM
You can stop worrying now
Couldnt of been a better first one. QBs more times than not are usually that vocal class builder. Lets go

Goldendawg
03-08-2023, 10:19 PM
Couldnt of been a better first one. QBs more times than not are usually that vocal class builder. Lets go

Very good start. 24/7 says offers from bama, aTm, Fl and a connected Dawg told me we beat arky for him. Hail State! Time for me to shut up, be patient, and trust our staff. Long way until signing day.

MetEdDawg
03-08-2023, 10:26 PM
I hope all you ass hats that sat here crying on this board about our awful recruiting yesterday raise a cold one to our garbage staff for getting a 4 star QB who will likely be the highest rated QB in the state of Alabama to commit today to our bum offense we will run.

trob115
03-08-2023, 10:32 PM
KB will be along shortly to tell us how this will be a signal we are moving towards the triple option ***

Commercecomet24
03-08-2023, 10:34 PM
I hope all you ass hats that sat here crying on this board about our awful recruiting yesterday raise a cold one to our garbage staff for getting a 4 star QB who will likely be the highest rated QB in the state of Alabama to commit today to our bum offense we will run.

Right on!

DEDawg
03-08-2023, 10:57 PM

One more. So predictable.

BankerDog
03-08-2023, 11:16 PM
Gonna be someone somewhere pissed we don?t take Petty from Starkville but this is a great pickup. Lived in Mobile for two years and the level of football those guys play is different. Lots of talent from Mobile to Pensacola.

StarkVegasSteve
03-08-2023, 11:32 PM
Gonna be someone somewhere pissed we don?t take Petty from Starkville but this is a great pickup. Lived in Mobile for two years and the level of football those guys play is different. Lots of talent from Mobile to Pensacola.

Don't worry they're already over on GP asking Rosebowl, PAAAAWWWL, and Faulk if this means that we're not taking Petty anymore.

Tater
03-08-2023, 11:50 PM
One more. So predictable.

It's predictable that people are on here praising a 4* QB commit we got and talking shit on naysayers??

And you frame that as a bad thing??

Look, this is a good tip in life to help check yourself. Look who's on your "side" when you're trying to argue. If you look around and only see dumbasses, assholes, and shit stains... might be time to switch sides. That serves you well.

Commercecomet24
03-09-2023, 12:02 AM

Man you got that right. Tons of talent in that area.

Lord McBuckethead
03-09-2023, 09:44 AM

Well it could have been better. Like the Number 1 overall QB Dual Threat in the Nation or the top 3 WRs in the nation. But Sure, this is pretty good and we will take it.
Now we need top tier 4 DL, 3LB, 3 CB, 2 RB, 5 OL, 4 WRs, 2 TE, and a knock down kicker.

ZedFedder
03-09-2023, 10:20 AM
Petty is good, but I think this guy is a no brainer over him.

BankerDog
03-09-2023, 10:38 AM
Petty is good, but I think this guy is a no brainer over him.

Petty has no big time offers unless you count Georgia Tech and West Virginia. He also can?t get out of his own way-he was suspended for 4 games this year I believe.

DEDawg
03-09-2023, 10:46 AM

For sure. All things equal take the Starkville kid, but Petty is a dude. Had a chance to watch some tape right now, dude has a little Dak and senior year Relf in his game. Looks really good

Homedawg
03-09-2023, 11:18 AM
Petty has no big time offers unless you count Georgia Tech and West Virginia. He also can?t get out of his own way-he was suspended for 4 games this year I believe.

No he wasn't. He missed one full game and part of a half due to an ejection.

PMDawg
03-09-2023, 04:16 PM
It's predictable that people are on here praising a 4* QB commit we got and talking shit on naysayers??

And you frame that as a bad thing??

Look, this is a good tip in life to help check yourself. Look who's on your "side" when you're trying to argue. If you look around and only see dumbasses, assholes, and shit stains... might be time to switch sides. That serves you well.

Why did a 90's hit by Alanis Morissette just suddenly pop into my head? Weird.

KB21
03-09-2023, 04:23 PM
woah woah woah.

I was told that we would never get a blue chip QB ever again because we promoted Meathead Arnett as our Head Coach and he dared to stray from the path of the Air Raid.

How is it then possible for there to be 4-stars next to a QB that committed to us?

Make it make sense.

It's because he has those stars based on his running ability, not his passing ability. He's not the passer Chris Parson is or the passers that Sawyer Robertson and Braedyn Locke are. Basically, this is just another sign that they are trying to minimize the passing game, which is not the direction the program needs to go in.

MrCoachKlein
03-09-2023, 04:25 PM
Why did a 90's hit by Alanis Morissette just suddenly pop into my head? Weird.

Why would you do that to your fellow bulldog brothers? Now it's in mine....oh well, time to annoy the wife and get it stuck in her head.

MrCoachKlein
03-09-2023, 04:26 PM
It's because he has those stars based on his running ability, not his passing ability. He's not the passer Chris Parson is or the passers that Sawyer Robertson and Braedyn Locke are. Basically, this is just another sign that they are trying to minimize the passing game, which is not the direction the program needs to go in.

And guess what, we won't be passing the ball 60 times a game.

Help is available
Speak with someone today
988 Suicide and Crisis Lifeline
Hours: Available 24 hours. Languages: English, Spanish. Learn more

DEDawg
03-09-2023, 04:26 PM

The numbers aren?t there but that?s the offense he runs. His average is like 13 yards per completion with 145 attempts or something. Dude has some arm talent, this isn?t Nicky Fitz where he?s just a superior athlete that we are trying to salvage arm talent

MrCoachKlein
03-09-2023, 04:29 PM
The numbers aren?t there but that?s the offense he runs. His average is like 13 yards per completion with 145 attempts or something. Dude has some arm talent, this isn?t Nicky Fitz where he?s just a superior athlete that we are trying to salvage arm talent

13 YP/A is way too much. We need and AR guy with 3.1 YP/A **

HancockCountyDog
03-09-2023, 04:45 PM
I'm in Mobile a bunch, the place is loaded with talent and Bama/AU don't spend a ton of time there.

Coach Jones has a lot of contacts in that area, i expect us to be involved with every high 3 star or low 4 star that doesn't have a Bama/AU offer. If they get a Bama offer, we should move on. Now, AU doesn't have as much pull there as you would think.

Coursesuper
03-09-2023, 05:29 PM

Help is available
Speak with someone today

Well played.

DEDawg
03-09-2023, 06:55 PM
I'm in Mobile a bunch, the place is loaded with talent and Bama/AU don't spend a ton of time there.

Coach Jones has a lot of contacts in that area, i expect us to be involved with every high 3 star or low 4 star that doesn't have a Bama/AU offer. If they get a Bama offer, we should move on. Now, AU doesn't have as much pull there as you would think.

Hell, spend time on the 4 stars too. Those guys will be transferring out after a season when they have 2 5stars in front of them on depth chart. Theyll remember who gave them love (and $$$ offers)

Commercecomet24
03-09-2023, 07:05 PM

Help is available
Speak with someone today

Lol funniest thing I've seen in awhile!

Pancho
03-09-2023, 07:48 PM
help is available

BuckyIsAB****
03-12-2023, 12:36 PM
Petty is good. Never seen this kid play but Petty is one we need to take no questions asked

Goldendawg
03-12-2023, 02:40 PM
New commit: TJ Lockhart, Winona Secondary School, OT, 6'6", 365. Not yet ranked. Welcome to the Family TJ! Hail State!

KOdawg1
03-12-2023, 04:21 PM
We need a 2024 recruiting thread

ScoobaDawg
03-12-2023, 08:31 PM
We need a 2024 recruiting thread

Yep someone should make one.

Cowbell
03-12-2023, 10:45 PM
I just can't believe he called this coaching staff lazy.... I mean there are probably some noticeable deficiencies to bring attention to... but lazinesss? Arnette? That's laughable....

Offshore Dawg
03-15-2023, 11:31 AM
I just can't believe he called this coaching staff lazy.... I mean there are probably some noticeable deficiencies to bring attention to... but lazinesss? Arnette? That's laughable....

we have negative posters on here regardless of the subject.

Homedawg
03-15-2023, 12:45 PM

If arnett is lazy then there is no word to describe CML concerning recruiting. Sorry not trying to pounce on a dead man.

KB21
03-15-2023, 01:25 PM
If arnett is lazy then there is no word to describe CML concerning recruiting. Sorry not trying to pounce on a dead man.

More lies about Leach I see.

Homedawg
03-15-2023, 08:33 PM

No lies. All the truth. Believe what you want. Maybe you should live in facts instead of innuendo.

MrCoachKlein
03-16-2023, 02:53 PM

Leach was an amazing coach. I liked him. I love how he turned our program around, but CZA is probably the least lazy person in MS. His energy and enthusiasm is not something a 60 year old can match whether that's Saban/Leach/Carroll. Just not possible. Don't believe me? Go hang out with a 3 year old.

Like Cowbell said, there are probably some deficiencies we can gripe about but effort isn't one.

Commercecomet24
03-16-2023, 03:16 PM
Leach was an amazing coach. I liked him. I love how he turned our program around, but CZA is probably the least lazy person in MS. His energy and enthusiasm is not something a 60 year old can match whether that's Saban/Leach/Carroll. Just not possible. Don't believe me? Go hang out with a 3 year old.

Like Cowbell said, there are probably some deficiencies we can gripe about but effort isn't one.

This and Leach trusted CZA so if Leach trusted him it's amazing to me some of our fans can't

KB21
03-16-2023, 05:25 PM

I have a 12 year old, 10 year old, 8 year old, and a 2 year old.

For the record, I didn?t call Arnett lazy. I said that if this happened under Leach, you guys would say he?s lazy and spending too much time in the Keys.

Cooterpoot
03-16-2023, 10:36 PM
I'm glad Mike's offense scored on Bama one time before he left us.

KB21
03-16-2023, 11:37 PM
Good luck trying to score on them when you are trying to force the running game against them.

BuckyIsAB****
03-17-2023, 09:11 AM
I'm glad Mike's offense scored on Bama one time before he left us.

Pretty low dude

Cooterpoot
03-17-2023, 11:04 AM
Good luck trying to score on them when you are trying to force the running game against them.

Mullen teams gave them better games than Leach teams. And Mullen lost them all.

NCDawg
03-17-2023, 12:57 PM
I think the worst game I ever saw a Leach team play was against Kentucky last year. Both the offense and defense didn't appear ready to play.

BuckyIsAB****
03-17-2023, 04:42 PM
I?m just glad we dont judge coaches by how many times they beat Bama. Never seen that on a job posting

Jarius
03-22-2023, 10:53 AM

Well last year Ole Miss ran it 49 times on them and scored 24 points. In 2021 they scored 21 points with 34 carries. In 2020 they scored 48 points on 57 carries. Last year Tennessee ran the ball 39 times and scored 52 points. You want to compare that against what we did? Perhaps you don't know what the hell you're talking about. Perhaps it's more about running it when you should and passing it when you should depending on who is in the box and what look you are getting rather than just saying "hurr durr we gotttttaa thrrrrrooowww itttt" or "hurrrr durrrr we gottta ruuuuunnnnn daaa baaaaaawllll paawwlll".

Commercecomet24
03-22-2023, 11:00 AM
Well last year Ole Miss ran it 49 times on them and scored 24 points. In 2021 they scored 21 points with 34 carries. In 2020 they scored 48 points on 57 carries. Last year Tennessee ran the ball 39 times and scored 52 points. You want to compare that against what we did? Perhaps you don't know what the hell you're talking about. Perhaps it's more about running it when you should and passing it when you should depending on who is in the box and what look you are getting rather than just saying "hurr durr we gotttttaa thrrrrrooowww itttt" or "hurrrr durrrr we gottta ruuuuunnnnn daaa baaaaaawllll paawwlll".

Rep!

Leroy Jenkins
03-22-2023, 11:25 AM

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DLWJG5FV4AAAUQI.jpg

KB21
03-22-2023, 12:33 PM

Yeah. Ignore the data that shows otherwise.

Jarius
03-22-2023, 01:47 PM
Yeah. Ignore the data that shows otherwise.

I forgot to add LSU from this past year, who ran it over 30 times and beat them while scoring 32 points Or when they ran it 39 times in 2019 and scored 46 while winning. Would you like me to continue with the people’s stats that beat Alabama flying in the face of your ignorant comment or do you want me to continue curb stomping your ass?

SilentSteel16
03-22-2023, 01:53 PM
You got to know when to hold ‘em, know when to fold em. Know when to walk away know when to run.

KB21
03-23-2023, 09:02 PM
I forgot to add LSU from this past year, who ran it over 30 times and beat them while scoring 32 points Or when they ran it 39 times in 2019 and scored 46 while winning. Would you like me to continue with the people’s stats that beat Alabama flying in the face of your ignorant comment or do you want me to continue curb stomping your ass?

LOL at the idea that I?ve been curb stomped. I know what 25 years of data shows. You want to take isolated data sets and ignore the larger set of data.

Pancho
03-23-2023, 09:51 PM
yea and Tater is scared of you. we all can see it clearly. go ahead and run thy trap more. u F up every conversation. I know you are proud

Cooterpoot
03-24-2023, 11:22 AM
LOL at the idea that I?ve been curb stomped. I know what 25 years of data shows. You want to take isolated data sets and ignore the larger set of data.

At one point, any team throwing the ball 40 times lost every game against AL since Saban arrived. I'm sure that's changed a little, but your data is incorrect. And nobody gives two shits about AL pre-Saban.

DEDawg
03-25-2023, 03:21 PM
Its prob time to lock this thread lol

Pancho
03-26-2023, 07:11 AM
lock it

BankerDog
03-26-2023, 05:08 PM
wrong thread

Jarius
03-28-2023, 01:41 PM

Show us the 25 years of data where throwing the ball a bunch more than they throw it against the University of Alabama has won team ballgames at a higher rate than the ones I am mentioning. I am taking the data sets relevant to the team YOU brought up and shoving them up your ass.