Quote Originally Posted by the_real_MSU_is_us View Post
No, just no.

The defense was poorly coached because we gave up many 1st downs just based on inappropriate alignments for the down and distance. We also left men wide open all night, let the QB run on us, let men be open in the flats, and never adjusted.

Us "having to" adjust the playcalling doesn't mean they will. there is no law of nature that says we will have a good season- it's entirely possible Barbay is just an idiot, see tonight for evidence.

And winning the SEC???? Bud, about 10 SEC teams would have DESTROYED Arizona tonight. Zona was picked 4-8. Zona is comprised of P5 2nd and 3rd string transfers, but as their key starters. Zona gave us a +4 turnover margin and committed a lot of penalties. Those 2 things alone should mean we blew them out even if we were the 4-8 team made up of bench warmer transfers and picked to go 4-8 just like them

I cannot speak to every SEC team. I know many struggled. All I do know is we are BAD and you are delusional for even mentioned winning the SEC
If those things are your litmus tests then I guess every DC is terrible. Come on, that stuff happens every game with every team no matter who they are playing.

Yes… from what I have seen from all the SEC teams this year thus far there is no real clear winner. Meaning it is up for grabs, we have a lot to iron out, but why would we think we wouldn’t adjust. Have our coaches done anything to make any of us believe they won’t make adjustments?