Quote Originally Posted by Joebob View Post
I'm still mystified that he won't make any changes this year to try to salvage some of this season. Is that because he has no clue what to change? That seems hard to believe. The only other possibility is that he's stubborn, but that serves no purpose, so I just don't know. It's just not giving me a warm feeling about next year.

As for the question about what to do about this, if I was Cohen I'd have a meeting with ML and ask him what's going on with his thinking right now, then start asking some him some hard questions. Depending on what Leach has to say, it would give me some guidance about where we go from here.
He wants game reps in his system. Leach doesn't give one crap about this season. That should be obvious. And that's not necessarily a bad thing. He cares about what happens 2-3 years down the road. And these players tryi to operate this system right now is what he believes will help the team do that.

He firmly believes that his players will eventually be able to be successful in this system with enough practice and time. And an extra win or two right now doesn't get him to the ultimate goal because you have to sacrifice game reps and practice reps for months just to win a couple extra games right now.

It's really not that hard to understand. He wants the players getting reps and seeing this in the system now because he believes it will pay off down the road. And he deserves that chance.

If I'm a principal asked to come in to a new school on May and change the culture, you don't fire me or replace me a couple months into the school year because it doesn't look good. Got to have time to put things in place. And that doesn't always look pretty up front. But sacrificing the future for short term gains is NOT how you operate a successful business. That's the exact wrong thing to do when you need to change the culture of a place to be successful.