Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Dan's gotta go.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    Really? Because basketball did so well after? Football improved how far down the line?

Personally, I agree... When something needs to be done.. Do it. Over all, Dan is the guy who has made changes to the staff to better he program. We will see that again if he does indeed stay.
    I agree that I don't want something done in haste. However, it may not be our call. It may be Dans call.

vCash
    They may not. But I think LSU is beatable with Dan. I think Saban and freeze is all that stops us next year and I feel we can beat one of them.

I would not be surprised to see us ranked top 10 mid season.
    I'm drunk right now....but I'd love a snort of what you're havin'

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    Mullen is gone
    bookmarked. can wait to mock and shit all over this
    Do I not look like a pothouse? Six foot down the bar. Go on, jog on, walk on, goodbye, bon voyage, **** off.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    always rears it's head when ur drunk *. *
    Do I not look like a pothouse? Six foot down the bar. Go on, jog on, walk on, goodbye, bon voyage, **** off.

vCash
    They may not. But I think LSU is beatable with Dan. I think Saban and freeze is all that stops us next year and I feel we can beat one of them.

On that note, I think I will go to bed. At least I found something else to chuckle at before doing so.

vCash
    Really? Because basketball did so well after? Football improved how far down the line?

Personally, I agree... When something needs to be done.. Do it. Over all, Dan is the guy who has made changes to the staff to better he program. We will see that again if he does indeed stay.
    My point was that basketball and football were dumpster fires because we waited too long to fix the problem, and when we finally got around to doing it, rebuilding was a much tougher job. We also didn't make smart hires in those cases. I know you can say that it could happen again, and you are correct, but I think you need to strike before any more ground is lost.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyQuid View Post
    always rears it's head when ur drunk *. *
    Well....I'd like to think I'm an optimist...definitely not a pessimist....but shit....that was some serious spin.

vCash
    I'd like to see Dan stay, but fire Hevesy & Sallach...and bring in an offensive line coach and an OC that can recruit. We may need to fire Hughes as well, or reassign him to recruiting only, Bc our safety play sucks. We have two glaring weaknesses, & are solid everywhere else. OL and Secondary gotta get fixed now. The only other issue is our preparation and play calling in big games. Dan is dropping the ball big time in big games...it's like we peak emotionally BEFORE the game instead of during it....and Dan totally tightens up in the biggest games in his play calling. He's gotta either get it fixed or hire an OC that can handle focusing on the play calling.

I do not agree with Mullen NEEDING to go. That is just overreaction to losing a home Egg Bowl IMO. He may take another job, but we'll see. That's the only way he's leaving...Scott would never fire him with this level of success, nor should he. But changes should be made for sure within the staff. Hevesy & Sallach are worthless.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CadaverDawg View Post
    I'd like to see Dan stay, but fire Hevesy & Sallach...and bring in an offensive line coach and an OC that can recruit. We may need to fire Hughes as well, or reassign him to recruiting only, Bc our safety play sucks. We have two glaring weaknesses, & are solid everywhere else. OL and Secondary gotta get fixed now. The only other issue is our preparation and play calling in big games. Dan is dropping the ball big time in big games...it's like we peak emotionally BEFORE the game instead of during it....and Dan totally tightens up in the biggest games in his play calling. He's gotta either get it fixed or hire an OC that can handle focusing on the play calling.

I do not agree with Mullen NEEDING to go. That is just overreaction to losing a home Egg Bowl IMO. He may take another job, but we'll see. That's the only way he's leaving...Scott would never fire him with this level of success, nor should he. But changes should be made for sure within the staff. Hevesy & Sallach are worthless.
    Agree with everything in this post.

vCash

/End Thread

Well put, CD.

vCash

Yep.

vCash

I'm thinking something along the lines of fans being unenthusiastic about next year. We're picked last again. And then Dan brings out this 2010 flashback offense with Fitz looking like a future Heisman candidate with the defense playing tighter and meaner. We're top 20 and everybody - once again - forgets the turds Dan has laid in the past. Because that's the shit Dan does.

vCash

Level headed. Great post.

vCash

Everyone here knows that Dan is a stubborn SOB. Witness how he's handled special teams, and that tells you all you need to know about the likelihood of bringing in an OC or another line coach. And no, Stricklin won't fire him; he doesn't have the balls to. In fact, he doesn't have the balls to force Dan to make staff changes. But anyone who thinks this is going to be any different next year is just fooling himself. We have lots of talent returning next year, and yet, we'll be seeing the same things.

He needs to go. I hope he has something else lined up.

Boomhauer
    vCash
    Well said. If Mullen leaves, we are going to the get the dregs of the coaching picking-order. Not to mention the effect that will have on the current recruiting class.
    What recruiting class we ranked 40th

vCash
    Just seeing a bigger picture. Thinking in terms of what we have returning that's is a plus... Certain aspects of the OL is not bad. What we need is already here and we are recruiting the other. We will have a better line. Defense... Over all better. Example.. Jiles. Look who he showed up tonight. We return a lot of great pieces and have either redshirted or have others coming in.

When I see that vs ole Mis and what they lose. I like that. LSU.... So! Tamu.. Not a problem. Ark.. Loses a lot. Mainly the only qb they have. The only team that worries me next year is Bama. The rest will be up for grabs.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubb Rubb View Post
    Everyone here knows that Dan is a stubborn SOB. Witness how he's handled special teams, and that tells you all you need to know about the likelihood of bringing in an OC or another line coach. And no, Stricklin won't fire him; he doesn't have the balls to. In fact, he doesn't have the balls to force Dan to make staff changes. But anyone who thinks this is going to be any different next year is just fooling himself. We have lots of talent returning next year, and yet, we'll be seeing the same things.

He needs to go. I hope he has something else lined up.
    Exactly, at this point I don't see how people expect him to suddenly decide to "do something different."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubb Rubb View Post
    This is a hard lesson we learned from the Sherrill, Stansbury, and Polk II eras. When you know that something has to be done, you gotta pull the trigger. One more year is another year down the hole. It may be acceptable for you to watch the same old shit next year, but I've seen enough.
    I agree.

vCash
    Just seeing a bigger picture. Thinking in terms of what we have returning that's is a plus... Certain aspects of the OL is not bad. What we need is already here and we are recruiting the other. We will have a better line. Defense... Over all better. Example.. Jiles. Look who he showed up tonight. We return a lot of great pieces and have either redshirted or have others coming in.

When I see that vs ole Mis and what they lose. I like that. LSU.... So! Tamu.. Not a problem. Ark.. Loses a lot. Mainly the only qb they have. The only team that worries me next year is Bama. The rest will be up for grabs.
    Those teams have been leaving Mullen in the recruiting dust so I think they'll be alright

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bluelightstar View Post
    Those teams have been leaving Mullen in the recruiting dust so I think they'll be alright
    Lol! OK! We will just disagree on that.

But we need to hang on 1 year!