Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
huh????? What point? you wanted a better option???
My point is that we should not like a "trend" towards that. Nothing more. Nothing less.

Johnson85
Johnson85

So you wanted Arnett to convince somebody that wasn't a career backup to come and backup Will? Or you were expecting Arnett to pull somebody that was going to push Will to the bench so our backup QB won't be a career backup? Getting somebody that has performed ok behind Vandy's OL seems like about as good as it gets. A Jr. that is likely to be a quality starter is unlikely to come and sit the bench behind Will for one of his two remaining years. If a sophomore is transferring, they're probably going to want to start and if not, be really confident they are better than the freshman being signed. We just didn't have a lot of realistic options for QB transfers this year.
Wait now. I'm suppose to be ok with Ole Miss getting QBs with a higher up side than us now? Is that where we are? What I want is to attract the players needed at MSU to take the next step. What I don't want is to "love the trend" used in the same sentence as a career back up throwing it at a 52%.

Does that make me anti Arnett. No.

Really Clark?

What is your point then? Like I said previously we need a backup. Don't give HS stats thinking it's always going to translate to college. I think Parson is going to be good, but he is no where close to being ready to be a backup. Especially, still coming off an injury.

Don't complain and make vague statements without an idea of a resolution to a problem you perceive.
Point? Se above. I made no vague statement. I was clear. Celebrating a 52% QB and career back up and hoping that is a trend is legit nuts. There is no perceived problem. It's a legit problem to have a massive gap below Rogers and above Parson. It more than concerning.

DEDawg

He is an SEC starter coming to BACK UP here. We had no back up qb on the roster. How can you possibly be upset we got an SEC starting QB late in the portal to come be our backup while the talented freshmen redshirts?
He is not an SEC starter. He lost out to 2 different QBs in his career at Vandy. This past season, he lost out to a freshman and played due to injuries:

Vandy’s junior quarterback will be the starter at the position once again when the Commodores take the field at 11 a.m. CT Saturday in Lexington, Kentucky. Wright resumes the role he began the season with as freshman AJ Swann will be out this week due to injury.