Page 15 of 35 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread: OC Hot Board Version 3-Let's Try This Again

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Well if we weren't naming him OC, we'd have lost him anyway, right?
    Pretty much.

vCash
    I'm so sick of our fans complaining about our fans complaining.

Found the angle...

vCash
    Well if we weren't naming him OC, we'd have lost him anyway, right?
    Yep

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HancockCountyDog View Post
    My guess is that he simply didn't want him replaced by Bumphis.
    Your guess would be correct. I didn?t want us to push him out just to bring Bumphis back. And there is some truth that we did that. That?s why you saw weeks ago ?we are bringing back a former staffer? being leaked by Hadad and Faulk.

Because losing the lead recruiter for Sawyer, Locke, and Parson in Drew and a rising star in coaching isn?t a good look. And also losing the guy who led the QB room up until last year isn?t a good look. I knew the guy would leave eventually but he was kicked to the curb and wound up in a better coaching situation just so we could bring in a guy who just happened to play at State and some of our media could have inside information.

And by the way-was someone not on here earlier saying we should hire whoever replaces Arbuckle at Western Kentucky? Seeing as how WKU has had Kittley, Arbuckle, and now Drew-maybe that staff knows a thing or two of coaching evaluation.

vCash
    Does Andy Kotelnicki run his own offense at Kansas? His offenses at Buffalo and Kansas have been impressive. Run heavy though
    Ok stats man…. Know anything about Warren Ruggiero. Been at Wake for 6 years with Clawson. Not familiar with their O, but from what I read, seems to be a good OC. Maybe making around 700k, but hard to find. He may suck but his bio at wake has there offense at wake pretty high

vCash
    Do we actually have any semblance of a hot board at this time?

vCash
    I'm in the go after arbuckle right now camp

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bdawg View Post
    Ok stats man…. Know anything about Warren Ruggiero. Been at Wake for 6 years with Clawson. Not familiar with their O, but from what I read, seems to be a good OC. Maybe making around 700k, but hard to find. He may suck but his bio at wake has there offense at wake pretty high
    I find it odd he hasn't left clawson to be an OC at another school considering wake's offensive success. It also makes me think he's just an OC in name

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BankerDog View Post
    Your guess would be correct. I didn?t want us to push him out just to bring Bumphis back. And there is some truth that we did that. That?s why you saw weeks ago ?we are bringing back a former staffer? being leaked by Hadad and Faulk.

Because losing the lead recruiter for Sawyer, Locke, and Parson in Drew and a rising star in coaching isn?t a good look. And also losing the guy who led the QB room up until last year isn?t a good look. I knew the guy would leave eventually but he was kicked to the curb and wound up in a better coaching situation just so we could bring in a guy who just happened to play at State and some of our media could have inside information.

And by the way-was someone not on here earlier saying we should hire whoever replaces Arbuckle at Western Kentucky? Seeing as how WKU has had Kittley, Arbuckle, and now Drew-maybe that staff knows a thing or two of coaching evaluation.
    But we were not replacing Drew for Bumphis. We knew we needed to replace Spurrier. That's why we got Bumphis. We also knew, before the bowl game, that Drew was looking and getting opportunities that made sense for him. Drew was being up front about it.

vCash
    I'm so sick of our fans complaining about our fans complaining.

Found the angle...

Lol! I like it!

vCash
    Ruggerio runs whatever offense Dave Clawson tells him to run. They're heavy RPO though. They run the slowest developing RPO I have seen. With small pockets. It wouldn't work here

vCash
    To update the reasoning on doubting Arbuckle, Harrell, Korn, or someone like that. I know a lot of people have said we took Arnett from Syracuse after 10 days, which is correct. However, what most don't know is that Arnett hadn't even signed an MOU(Memorandum of Understanding), much less a contract. He had been working there for 10 days without signing a damn thing. Eric George sent him our MOU and he faxed it back to us from the Syracuse football offices. It was a stroke of luck on that one. With those guys( Harrell, Arbuckle, Korn, etc) they have contracts or at the least MOU's signed and we'd have to pay them out of those. Buyouts on 2 week old contracts are generally pretty steep.

vCash
    I find it odd he hasn't left clawson to be an OC at another school considering wake's offensive success. It also makes me think he's just an OC in name
    From what I read, Warren is the architect of what they are running now(the last 3 years I believe)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StarkVegasSteve View Post
    To update the reasoning on doubting Arbuckle, Harrell, Korn, or someone like that. I know a lot of people have said we took Arnett from Syracuse after 10 days, which is correct. However, what most don't know is that Arnett hadn't even signed an MOU(Memorandum of Understanding), much less a contract. He had been working there for 10 days without signing a damn thing. Eric George sent him our MOU and he faxed it back to us from the Syracuse football offices. It was a stroke of luck on that one. With those guys( Harrell, Arbuckle, Korn, etc) they have contracts or at the least MOU's signed and we'd have to pay them out of those. Buyouts on 2 week old contracts are generally pretty steep.
    Wonder how steep. aTm just took Petrino

vCash
    From what I read, Warren is the architect of what they are running now(the last 3 years I believe)
    You are right. I was mistaken on that one. This is Ruggerio's offense. It's an offshoot of what they ran at KSU with Colin Klein.

vCash
    Then it's even more puzzling why he's still there

vCash
    Wonder how steep. aTm just took Petrino

When you have alumni in the THOUSANDS who can stroke a check for 5 million dollars and not know it's gone, you don't worry about those things. We hardly have have any alumni like that. I know who our biggest donors are and there's only 3-5 that can cut checks for that amount and not care.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StarkVegasSteve View Post
    When you have alumni in the THOUSANDS who can stroke a check for 5 million dollars and not know it's gone, you don't worry about those things. We hardly have have any alumni like that. I know who our biggest donors are and there's only 3-5 that can cut checks for that amount and not care.
    I doubt arbuckle is even making 800k at wsu. How many years is his contract? We were prepared for a briles' buyout, which was probably equal. Briles is more proven though

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Really Clark? View Post
    But we were not replacing Drew for Bumphis. We knew we needed to replace Spurrier. That's why we got Bumphis. We also knew, before the bowl game, that Drew was looking and getting opportunities that made sense for him. Drew was being up front about it.
    Stop it. You are only supposed to post things that paint MSU in a negative light.
    "After dealing with Ole Miss for over a year," he said, "I've learned to expect their leadership to do and say things that the leadership at other Division I schools would never consider doing and to justify their actions by reminding themselves that "We're Ole Miss.""
    - Tom Mars, Esq. 4.9.18

vCash
    Keeping Spurrier wasn?t an option, neither was keeping Drew. Not sure why people are questioning this, there are a lot of obvious reasons. The right decisions were made.

You could maybe have kept Drew if you were naming him OC. Ignoring all else, if people think we are in a position to roll the dice with a first time OC who has never called plays, I don?t know what to tell you.