Page 23 of 44 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast

Thread: 2023 MSU FOOTBALL RECRUITING Discussion Thread

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PikeDawg15 View Post
    Must not be Isaac Smith because he is uncommitted.
    I will be absolutely stunned if that kid ends up in Maroon.
    "We will have no problem in handling Kentucky."-Turfdawg67. MSU suffered a 27-17 defeat in 2022 with 225 yards in total offense.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msu15 View Post
    I will be absolutely stunned if that kid ends up in Maroon.
    I will not be. But LSU is lurking.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    I will not be. But LSU is lurking.
    The kid has been here a lot, I think we will be in it to the end.

I wish we could get in with the Dowdell kid. He is the best RB to come through the state since Akers. If he goes to Oregon, he will put up video game numbers against Pac-12 defenses.

vCash
    only thing that mite get Dowdell is a huger NIL than the ducks are offering him

vCash
    Don't subscribe to genespage so couldn't read article but said we had offered a instate WR, Brendan Brown, 6'2", 185, who had visited. Couldn't find him in 24/7 top 30 prospects. Finally found him as he is unranked and we are his only offer to date. Late bloomer, diamond in the rough, under the radar, other?
    Last edited by Goldendawg; 11-30-2022 at 04:20 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pancho View Post
    only thing that mite get Dowdell is a huger NIL than the ducks are offering him
    I've been told that it is substantial and that a few people around him are very happy with his decision.

Of course he will probably switch to LSU now, but I've been told from people that should know that it is done.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldendawg View Post
    Don't subscribe to genespage so couldn't read article but said we had offered a instate WR, Brendan Brown, 6'2", 185, who had visited. Couldn't find him in 24/7 top 30 prospects. Finally found him as he is unranked and we are his only offer to date. Late bloomer, diamond in the rough, under the radar, other?
    Has only played 2 years of football. Tony Hughes loves what he sees with him and wants him as that Dog Safety; Hughes offered him.

vCash
    any interest in Leary and Holden transferring from Bama? both WR

vCash
    Why is ranking for JC players so low or so slow to happen? Jacoby Bellazar is ranked 8th Nationally, 2nd at his position, and 3rd in the state, good for a ranking of .8619. RB Jeffery Pittman has yet to even be ranked. ????????????

vCash
    Article on KY site. We are getting an official visit from one of their commits OL Koby Keenum, 6'4", 300, Florence, Al, .8669. Maybe we have a Merry Flipmas and get him and the GA DB who just de-committed from Pitt. Hail State!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldendawg View Post
    Article on KY site. We are getting an official visit from one of their commits OL Koby Keenum, 6'4", 300, Florence, Al, .8669. Maybe we have a Merry Flipmas and get him and the GA DB who just de-committed from Pitt. Hail State!
    Isn't this Brandon Walker's cousin?
    If it ain't broke, fix it til it is.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PCHSDawg View Post
    Isn't this Brandon Walker's cousin?
    Don't know. Good friend and State fan (Very knowledgeable, longtime season ticket holder in football, men's BB, baseball) from Florence, Al. says he is the real deal and would be a good get. Hail State!

vCash
    Yes it is

vCash
    Issac Smith would be a huge pull and we have done a kick ass job recruiting him. I like our chances
    He would play a lot as a true freshman

vCash
    What's the scoop on Mr. Football, Dante Dowdell from Picayune? Why Oregon? Is it totally NIL? Are we not trying to put together a package? Or has that ship completely sailed? Maybe if Lanning moves to a new school?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PMDawg View Post
    What's the scoop on Mr. Football, Dante Dowdell from Picayune? Why Oregon? Is it totally NIL? Are we not trying to put together a package? Or has that ship completely sailed? Maybe if Lanning moves to a new school?
    I've been told that it was a very solid NIL deal for a RB and that the people around him are very happy as well.

I don't think we will spend our NIL money on RB's anyway.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HancockCountyDog View Post
    I've been told that it was a very solid NIL deal for a RB and that the people around him are very happy as well.

I don't think we will spend our NIL money on RB's anyway.
    NIL will be spent on any impact player

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PMDawg View Post
    You can blame our previous recruiting numb nut for screwing up Dowdell's recruitment. The kid probably would've jump on our offer had we not 17d it up. He's a State fan.

vCash
    Big recruiting weekend coming up and we do expect some good news.