Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Boneyard

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NCDawg View Post
    I always thought Cohen didn't have the personality to be an AD. Guess a lot of people felt otherwise.
    Just a very small group felt otherwise.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Reunion Dog View Post
    Rosebowl is a damn joke. And when we have recruits in he is always at the facility looking like his has been hitchhiking on the interstate for a damn month. He either needs to clean his act up and look like a normal press guy who or quit giving him credentials. He is one of the first things parents see when they are with their kid. His is a joke?. And don?t give a shit if he wrote a book about freeze or not.
    Boom! I am glad someone else sees this.

Go get into "journalism" with the music industry or get a hair cut and some clothes.

No offense Steve. Nothing personal, just looking out for the business.

vCash
    They just put out a YouTube video. They've know this for almost a week!!! Lol

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Maroonthirteen View Post
    Boom! I am glad someone else sees this.

Go get into "journalism" with the music industry or get a hair cut and some clothes.

No offense Steve. Nothing personal, just looking out for the business.
    I know you didn't mean it like this, but it was the first thing that popped in my mind, lol.

Pretty much agree with you and others, tho.

I have zero clue why he gets the access he does. Ok, great...he's the one obsessive that pilfered through Hugh's phone records that got him fired....good for you I guess. But do we really need all the damn books and "Starkvillain" shirts? Talk about narcissistic...

vCash
    Rosie doesn't mention the other two "top candidates" with Cohen b/c he says it "doesn't matter".

Yeah, it matters.

When Hartwell at Utah State is one of them but you wind up with John Cohen instead, yeah, it matters.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    I know you didn't mean it like this, but it was the first thing that popped in my mind, lol.

Pretty much agree with you and others, tho.

I have zero clue why he gets the access he does. Ok, great...he's the one obsessive that pilfered through Hugh's phone records that got him fired....good for you I guess. But do we really need all the damn books and "Starkvillain" shirts? Talk about narcissistic...
    Pretty much spot on.

Senior Member Vandownbytheriver's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    Pretty much spot on.
    There's no one that writes for that site that I particularly like. The recruiting writers are all a weird, creepy group of people who obsess over teenage boys. You have to be a different cat to do that kind of work.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vandownbytheriver View Post
    There's no one that writes for that site that I particularly like. The recruiting writers are all a weird, creepy group of people who obsess over teenage boys. You have to be a different cat to do that kind of work.
    Yeah it is on odd group for sure but it's not just our writers, it's pretty much a description of every schools recruiting writers. Seems to be the nature of the beast. I couldn't do it for sure.

vCash
    Yeah it is on odd group for sure but it's not just our writers, it's pretty much a description of every schools recruiting writers. Seems to be the nature of the beast. I couldn't do it for sure.
    Well at least he isn't following kids into the bathroom.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vandownbytheriver View Post
    Jock Sniffers.
    Everyone wants to be a beast...until its time to do what beasts do.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by parabrave View Post
    You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to parabrave again.

vCash
    You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to parabrave again.
    Airborne!! For those who don't know this refers to a former OM supporter Yahoo name starts with a Y and ends with a Y.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by parabrave View Post
    ...and judging dance moves
    Everyone wants to be a beast...until its time to do what beasts do.

vCash
    You are being kind, but really it’s not that way at most schools.

I’ve lived in several different areas of the country including near different college campuses and followed several programs.

Most local media guys that run a forum covering a college program are neutral to positive about the program, usually try be professional and mature in the sense that they want to keep the forum from devolving into a shit hole.

That’s not really the case over there. You have 40-60 year old “staff” with multiple sock puppets posting nonsense and hyperbole around the clock. Mature intelligent discussion ? Impossible

You have the local high school beat writer and his fat meathead sidekick trashing the program and trying to be as outrageous as possible to promote their lame podcast. Then posting in the same thread talking to themselves under different handles, sometimes forgetting to switch accounts.

No I haven’t seen that happen on other sites with other programs.

Throw in rosebud and a few other misfits who think they are Edward R Murrow and it’s just hot garbage all the way around.

vCash
    How else would we find out what pizza toppings Walley likes?
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    David Murray is a professional guy.

Robbie, I liked and had respect for until.... I saw he post on Genes Page and interacts with that crew. Come on man.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiskeyPirate View Post
    You are being kind, but really it’s not that way at most schools.

I’ve lived in several different areas of the country including near different college campuses and followed several programs.

Most local media guys that run a forum covering a college program are neutral to positive about the program, usually try be professional and mature in the sense that they want to keep the forum from devolving into a shit hole.

That’s not really the case over there. You have 40-60 year old “staff” with multiple sock puppets posting nonsense and hyperbole around the clock. Mature intelligent discussion ? Impossible

You have the local high school beat writer and his fat meathead sidekick trashing the program and trying to be as outrageous as possible to promote their lame podcast. Then posting in the same thread talking to themselves under different handles, sometimes forgetting to switch accounts.

No I haven’t seen that happen on other sites with other programs.

Throw in rosebud and a few other misfits who think they are Edward R Murrow and it’s just hot garbage all the way around.
    Look around some, you'll find a lot of this all over the country. Doesn't take make searching other. And yeah there are good and bad everywhere, but ours is not an isolated case by any stretch. I've got several good friends that are coaches at major D1 programs and they're not really fond of the "creepy" recruiting reporters.

vCash
    Look around some, you'll find a lot of this all over the country. Doesn't take make searching other. And yeah there are good and bad everywhere, but ours is not an isolated case by any stretch. I've got several good friends that are coaches at major D1 programs and they're not really fond of the "creepy" recruiting reporters.
    The 2 most homer media schools in college football are in the SEC

Ole Miss and Tennessee

Both think they are going to win every game by 30 and that every recruit would sell their soul to come to their school.

The most biased shit ive ever seen has been from those 2 schools media

vCash
    The creepy recruiting dudes on most sites are just self-important pests , but when they interact with the fan base, they aren’t complete jerkoffs. In most cases you aren’t dealing with 80 sock puppets trashing the program and arguing with themselves to generate forum activity.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PikeDawg15 View Post
    The 2 most homer media schools in college football are in the SEC

Ole Miss and Tennessee

Both think they are going to win every game by 30 and that every recruit would sell their soul to come to their school.

The most biased shit ive ever seen has been from those 2 schools media
    100% correct! Have some rep!