Quote Originally Posted by Indndawg View Post
whether we had the personnel to run or no. Amazing that Dan took the nuts and bolts and made a decent team in 09 and a good team 10.

This seems like a similar situation with the Air Raid, still I do blv the form of this would work if we'd simply commit to running the ball much more
Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
It doesn't take a lot of nuts and bolts to run the QB every play.
The team Dan inherited in '09 had 9 future nfl players on the defensive side and 2 on the offense. Dan being a run oriented coach had one of the best RBs in State history toting the rock. Aside from Tyson Lee, Dan had everything he needed to run his style of offense. Comparing what Dan did vs what Leach is doing isn't fair.

I believe the Air Raid has a higher ceiling than what we've ever had here before. We never beat Alabama with Dan and most years we we're absolutely rocked. There were multiple times we scored no TDs or less than 10 points. Ole Miss nearly beat them 3 years in a row by throwing the ball. We're never going to run over teams like them or Georgia. Aside from one year (2014) I never believed we would have a shot to beat Alabama and not saying we'll do it this year but I actually think with this style of offense we have a better shot than ever.