Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
I try to be a realist. Does this team have things to work on and get better at? Absolutely, plenty. What this team does seem to have is toughness and grit. I think they proved that over and over last year when we played short handed several times because of covid and saturday when they kept battling and found a way to win. There a lot to be said for that. There's been numerous State teams in the past that not only wouldn't have won that game saturday but it would've gotten worse. I always thought this was a 6-7 win team and I still believe that. As young as this team is I also expect them to get better and I think next year will be a really good year. Heck with the way the kids came back and won on Saturday let's at least let the season play out and see what happens.
Last year they learned to battle adversity in order to compete. Now they have to learn how to battle through adversity to win. I look at Saturday as a potential stepping stone. It's real similar to when Mullen took over - he said he had to teach the program how to win. I think Leach is having to re-teach that same lesson.