Page 21 of 103 FirstFirst ... 1119202122233171 ... LastLast

Thread: 2022 MSU FOOTBALL RECRUITING Discussion Thread

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ifyouonlyknew View Post
    If you think 40% or more of college football fans are done with college football after not being able to go in person I have some prime beach property in Artesia.
    This^^^

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ifyouonlyknew View Post
    If you think 40% or more of college football fans are done with college football after not being able to go in person I have some prime beach property in Artesia.
    Post More.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KOdawg1 View Post
    Not unless we make some major changes in the future. Outside of Vandy, we have the least committed recruiting system in the SEC. You have to play dirty to recruit that high. And we're not willing to do that (at least at the level others are). We pay players, make no mistake about it, but our network isn't on the same level as others, including the bunch up the road. Which is why they'll continue to out recruit us until something changes.
    Before the Covid hit, we were 50 out of 52 Power 5 schools Football recruiting budget $$?we have done a lot with a little.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    We also haven't had a lot of football coaches that were willing or knew how to recruit at a high level like Dan and that has hurt us as well.
    You mean JWS?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FriarsPoint View Post
    Meanwhile, Alabama is landing sure fire players that a coach with minimal ability can develop and lots of them. Same with Ohio State, Georgia, Oklahoma, Clemson, USC, LSU, etc.

It gets old. The wuhan flu is going to end up being the worst thing to happen to college football. It cost college football 40%(if not more) of its audience. Me included. Not until the nfl starts its own farm league system will I watch again and we all know that will never happen. The product is broken and is beyond repair.
    So I guess you havent been watching football for the last 10 or so years.. it’s not like all these teams haven’t been getting the best players and making the playoffs year after after
    college football is what it is ..

And yes the final four for this year and next year will be a combo of
    Bama , Clemson, Ohio state, Oklahoma, Georgia , and a Pac 12 pretender or ND
    once the 12 team playoffs gets introduced the post season will get more interesting , until then enjoy Bama, Clemson , Ohio state and ( fill in team here )

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leeshouldveflanked View Post
    Before the Covid hit, we were 50 out of 52 Power 5 schools Football recruiting budget $$?we have done a lot with a little.
    And we will have to keep doing this because the budget isn’t going to change.. we proved that just recently

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ari Gold View Post
    And we will have to keep doing this because the budget isn’t going to change.. we proved that just recently
    Ari, why is that the case? Like why do we not care?

thank you for your insight.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    I think we'll start though because a big reason why we haven't done that is MSU cuts off any "Network" and runs and turns it into the NCAA and we get sanctions. That and we have a lot of take the high road boosters who weren't willing to get involved because it was illegal. Well, it's not now.

We also haven't had a lot of football coaches that were willing or knew how to recruit at a high level like Dan and that has hurt us as well.

To me it goes both ways- yes they (other teams) will be able to pay players but now so are we. Part of the problem with the old system was it was so subjective and not consistent with even their own rules and teams could just sue their way out of it. It was basically like operating under two different systems. That won't be the case now.
    Lets be honest, you don't get the players w get wo a "network". I know you aren't that naive. I understand it isn't as grand as bama's most of the league, but we certainly aren't without.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    Lets be honest, you don't get the players w get wo a "network". I know you aren't that naive. I understand it isn't as grand as bama's most of the league, but we certainly aren't without.
    Preach!

vCash
    No we're not without. I'm not saying that. I'm saying that we aren't operating at full capacity or full potential. And that's because we tend to want to follow the rules. I think we have some boosters that would have been gladly pay players if it was legal.

vCash
    I mean we're better than Tulsa or Georgia Tech, but compared to the teams we actually compete against (on the field and for recruits) we're pretty far behind.
    We are not a bama machine but we have a better network than you think. We played very safe over the last few years now that's off the table

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgfan77 View Post
    We are not a bama machine but we have a better network than you think. We played very safe over the last few years now that's off the table
    Like I said, compared to the teams we play, we're behind. That's all that matters

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ari Gold View Post
    The DB ( Nicholson ) is a steal for us IF we can hold on to him... he will be one of the highest ranked juco players in the state before it?s over
    And there is still plenty of time till December when it comes to both Williams and Harris .. everyone just be a little patient
    Ari, you said to be patient, but we have dropped from 13 to 26 in rankings, don't have a 4* in the boat, have 10 spots, and 24/7 only shows us with 7 warm top targets and hoping to flip 2 commits from Oregon and UM. Sure hope there are many more positive things than this happening behind the scenes. Sorry, but very concerned in almost August. Update? Hail State!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldendawg View Post
    Ari, you said to be patient, but we have dropped from 13 to 26 in rankings, don't have a 4* in the boat, have 10 spots, and 24/7 only shows us with 7 warm top targets and hoping to flip 2 commits from Oregon and UM. Sure hope there are many more positive things than this happening behind the scenes. Sorry, but very concerned in almost August. Update? Hail State!
    Yeah. It seems like we're sitting on our ass while everyone else is recruiting.

vCash
    To be truthful, some of our commits would still be 4* if only our name was Arkansas or Ole Miss, so our class isn't exactly what it seems. But I am concerned about our d-line recruiting.

vCash
    Looks like we will end up in the #32 - #36 range........reflective of a piss poor year last year and the advent of the new NIL reality

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Doggie_Style View Post
    Looks like we will end up in the #32 - #36 range........reflective of a piss poor year last year and the advent of the new NIL reality
    Wait, but rosebowl said we would be top 20!! We will end up around where we always do. Is what it is....

vCash
    Wait, but rosebowl said we would be top 20!! We will end up around where we always do. Is what it is....
    If we continue to finish around where we have been finishing with the free for all that NIL has brought on, I would consider that a win. Without NIL we likely could have had a top 20 class this year or close to it.
    Last edited by maroonmania; 07-25-2021 at 01:44 PM.

vCash
    Let's take a look at the in-state DL board...

The only commit we have right now is Donterry Russell who will hopefully grow into a DE like his brother. Could be an edge LB, but I think he puts on the weight.

The only other guy we probably lead for right now is RJ Moss. I like his game a lot. Was a 4 star until Rivals and ESPN gave him their default rankings.

The rest of the guys, we'll have to do some flipping to get.

Jaheim Oatis - Alabama
    Zxavian Harris - Ole Miss
    Trevion Williams - Florida St.
    Jacarius Clayton - Ole Miss
    Aaron Bryant - not committed, but headed out of state or to OM

Clayton wants to play DL, and we told him we wanted him at OL, so he's off the board. You can cross Bryant off too, because he isn't coming here. So that leaves Oatis, Harris, and Williams.

Oatis has a family member who wants him at MSU, plus Tony Hughes is heading his recruitment, so we have a shot, but I think unless Bama drops him or tells him they want him at OL, we don't have that great of a chance. We led for Harris for a long time, but then he committed to OM kinda out of nowhere. We have John Lewis on our side and Germantown has some MSU influence, but I don't get the warm and fuzzies. Then Williams committed on his visit to FSU, which kind of caught people by surprise as well. He's the most talented out of all these guys imo. I hope his recruitment follows the same path as Charles Cross. Just need to get him on campus and keep working. I think we can get him.

So if we get Russell, Moss, and one out of Oatis, Harris, and Williams, I'll be content. Ideally, we would've added 4 of those, but we absolutely have to get 3. There are a few options out of state, but with our pedigree of putting DL in the NFL, you can't come away with only 2 out of the top 7 DL in the state. Especially all the DTs.

vCash
    Let's take a look at the in-state DL board...

The only commit we have right now is Donterry Russell who will hopefully grow into a DE like his brother. Could be an edge LB, but I think he puts on the weight.

The only other guy we probably lead for right now is RJ Moss. I like his game a lot. Was a 4 star until Rivals and ESPN gave him their default rankings.

The rest of the guys, we'll have to do some flipping to get.

Jaheim Oatis - Alabama
    Zxavian Harris - Ole Miss
    Trevion Williams - Florida St.
    Jacarius Clayton - Ole Miss
    Aaron Bryant - not committed, but headed out of state or to OM

Clayton wants to play DL, and we told him we wanted him at OL, so he's off the board. You can cross Bryant off too, because he isn't coming here. So that leaves Oatis, Harris, and Williams.

Oatis has a family member who wants him at MSU, plus Tony Hughes is heading his recruitment, so we have a shot, but I think unless Bama drops him or tells him they want him at OL, we don't have that great of a chance. We led for Harris for a long time, but then he committed to OM kinda out of nowhere. We have John Lewis on our side and Germantown has some MSU influence, but I don't get the warm and fuzzies. Then Williams committed on his visit to FSU, which kind of caught people by surprise as well. He's the most talented out of all these guys imo. I hope his recruitment follows the same path as Charles Cross. Just need to get him on campus and keep working. I think we can get him.

So if we get Russell, Moss, and one out of Oatis, Harris, and Williams, I'll be content. Ideally, we would've added 4 of those, but we absolutely have to get 3. There are a few options out of state, but with our pedigree of putting DL in the NFL, you can't come away with only 2 out of the top 7 DL in the state. Especially all the DTs.
    Good info! So, do you have a prediction?