Thread: Vic or Gary

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by R2Dawg View Post
    Big difference - Blair had Vic. Not sure Vic the first time had as much talent as Blair had either. I've watched Blair lay some pretty good eggs since Vic left TAMU.
    There is no difference. Vic had (and still does) Harris. Without Harris, McCowan doesn't develop into the dominant player she became.

I have yet to see anyone say that we lost the National Championship because the assistant coaches didn't make the needed adjustments. The head coach gets the credit and gets the blame. The fact is and will remain that Vic choked when it mattered and Blair didn't.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Gutter Cobreh View Post
    There is no difference. Vic had (and still does) Harris. Without Harris, McCowan doesn't develop into the dominant player she became.

I have yet to see anyone say that we lost the National Championship because the assistant coaches didn't make the needed adjustments. The head coach gets the credit and gets the blame. The fact is and will remain that Vic choked when it mattered and Blair didn't.
    Ssshhhh.....quiet down with that now!! The women's basketball cult will get you if you slander their hero Vic Schaefer. Even though up 17 in a championship game with Notre Dame unable to even bring the ball up the court he took out his two best defenders to put in his daughter and her best friend so they could have a Kodak moment. But no one talks about that.

Banned
    vCash

Can you listen to yourself. So assistant coaches when it is Vic don't matter but assistant coaches matter when it is Harris developing TM?

You just gave yourself no credibility there with that double standard.

Both are totally different situations.

To others I never said Blair wasn't a good coach but I've watched TAMU and them lay some major eggs. Vic laid a few but every coach does. So Vic gets no credit for Uconn win & Baylor and doing this at a school MSU that was like dead last in SEC in forever. Blair got to build his over time at a school with unlimited resources. Don't tell me there is no difference. The whole coaching staff matters of which Vic was a major part of TAMU winning it.

vCash
    Can you listen to yourself. So assistant coaches when it is Vic don't matter but assistant coaches matter when it is Harris developing TM?

You just gave yourself no credibility there with that double standard.

Both are totally different situations.

To others I never said Blair wasn't a good coach but I've watched TAMU and them lay some major eggs. Vic laid a few but every coach does. So Vic gets no credit for Uconn win & Baylor and doing this at a school MSU that was like dead last in SEC in forever. Blair got to build his over time at a school with unlimited resources. Don't tell me there is no difference. The whole coaching staff matters of which Vic was a major part of TAMU winning it.
    You're twisting words at this point. I'll settle it with a quick question: How many threads here have been started blaming our women's season on NMP or her assistant coaches?

Banned
    vCash
    You're twisting words at this point. I'll settle it with a quick question: How many threads here have been started blaming our women's season on NMP or her assistant coaches?
    No I am using exactly your words of what you said. You can't have it both ways. One way you gave HC credit for all the success Blair, the next sentence you gave the HC no credit Vic. You can do the double standard. Sorry, keepin it real.

I have no issue with anyone picking Blair but to knock Vic like some are doing is just ignorant. Compare what each coach did when Vic was at MSU. It ain't even close.

vCash
    No I am using exactly your words of what you said. You can't have it both ways. One way you gave HC credit for all the success Blair, the next sentence you gave the HC no credit Vic. You can do the double standard. Sorry, keepin it real.

I have no issue with anyone picking Blair but to knock Vic like some are doing is just ignorant. Compare what each coach did when Vic was at MSU. It ain't even close.
    Assistant coaches help develop players. They don't have final say on anything during the game, especially National Championship games.

I'm not taking anything away from Vic's role in Blair's success. One proved they could win when it was all on the line and the other choked though. It is what it is...

Banned
    vCash
    Assistant coaches help develop players. They don't have final say on anything during the game, especially National Championship games.

I'm not taking anything away from Vic's role in Blair's success. One proved they could win when it was all on the line and the other choked though. It is what it is...
    So Blair couldn't even make it out of sweet 16 with a Final 4 team this year. Huh? Did Blair choke?

Vic didn't choke. First time, we just got thru with 2 of biggest wins in OT in WBBT history. They were gased.

Second time, we had that game won. Refs screwed us in the end and then they got a lucky last second shot. That could have happened to anyone. What did Vic do to choke? Coaches don't play the game, they don't miss shots.