Page 4 of 103 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast

Thread: 2022 MSU FOOTBALL RECRUITING Discussion Thread

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Offshore Dawg View Post
    The subject line I am getting out of this thread is. If their rating is dropping we have a chance. If the higher profile programs don't offer we have a chance. If old miss doesn't offer a red back pack we have a chance. Yes we are still poor little old Mississippi state. That seems to be the mind set.
    Truth hurts. If we want to go all in, we'll get the MS recruits we want, but we are still gonna lose guys to Bama, LSU, UGA, etc... it's just the way it is.

vCash
    We have a really good chance to hurt some feelings in Louisiana this year... remember I said this ...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ari Gold View Post
    We have a really good chance to hurt some feelings in Louisiana this year... remember I said this ...
    Not to be a downer. And I'll take them however they come.

But how much of that has to do LSU having their backs up against the wall and players/families reading the writing on said wall?

was living way out West, but now back in the blessed state of Mississippi
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Westdawg View Post
    Shameless plug for this kid AGAIN.

He is completely blowing up right now in recruiting. Gained multiple G5 offers early on, now he is gaining P5 offers - most notably Utah and Ole Miss. This is a kid that is a legit 4 ⭐️ OT prospect that is currently a 3 ⭐️....just watch. He's gonna blow up the rankings.
    And he is everything we could want in an OT
    My shameless plug AGAIN.

Hunter Erb, OT.

in the past week or so, he's received offers from almost every P5 in the PAC and several SEC and Big 12 offers.
    Been saying it for well over a year ur was going to blow up

At this point, we are on the outside looking in even if we offer, but I think this staff could do good work there. Hunter's HS has several guys in the pipeline that could be very promising in the coming classes, as well.
    Last edited by Westdawg; 01-28-2021 at 12:25 PM.

vCash
    What the hell is up with Stone Blanton? This kid grew up a huge Mississippi State fan and is already committed to us for baseball and now he comes out basically bashing our staff saying that we're not showing him enough love. I don't know if this is a play to make him look more available, but knowing that this staff doesn't play recruiting games he's playing with fire if he really wants to come here.

Senior Member William Tecumsah Sherman's Avatar
    vCash
    Based on some insight from folks in the know, our staff has NOT been after him hard. I don?t know what?s going on.

was living way out West, but now back in the blessed state of Mississippi
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by William Tecumsah Sherman View Post
    Based on some insight from folks in the know, our staff has NOT been after him hard. I don?t know what?s going on.
    What's up with that

vCash
    Maybe after Mule Leach isn’t interested in dual sport athletes?
    Never mind, they’ve already taken the commitment from another kid that’s committed to play baseball

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StarkVegasSteve View Post
    What the hell is up with Stone Blanton? This kid grew up a huge Mississippi State fan and is already committed to us for baseball and now he comes out basically bashing our staff saying that we're not showing him enough love. I don't know if this is a play to make him look more available, but knowing that this staff doesn't play recruiting games he's playing with fire if he really wants to come here.
    If he is bashing our staff... Leach will move on from him quickly

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StarkVegasSteve View Post
    Is this just a rumor or can anyone confirm this?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ari Gold View Post
    How you think we will fare with Shawn Preston?s brother, Shazz? He?s a monster but idk how pro-LSU he might be or how receptive to MSU he?d be with Shawn here & playing a lot.

Senior Member William Tecumsah Sherman's Avatar
    vCash
    Blanton basically said in the interview that he has not heard from our staff that much.

vCash
    Larry Simmons WR from Moss Point commits to OM. I hope Ari is right about Louisiana because I personally think we are going to get our teeth kicked in instate this year.

vCash
    OM is kicking our asses in recruiting. They've got a top 20 class this year and will next year. They're cleaning up the skill guys in MS. The MJ double whammy has really hurt us.
    And I'll go ahead and tell you, I don't currently expect us to get either of the big DL instate this year. We aren't pulling the top RB either. The top WRs are committed to OM already. I think we've got time to change some of that, but it'll be tough. This staff needs to get things done in state this year.
    Last edited by Cooterpoot; 01-29-2021 at 04:24 AM.

vCash
    This years class:
    OM has 23 recruits with an average ranking of 87.61
    MSU has 21 recruits with and average ranking of 87.57
    If you extrapolate that to 23 players for MSU we are just about equal in the ranking.
    Praise The Lord and Go Dawgs!!!

vCash
    I get some concern , but it’s still 11 months out ... Simmons was surprising and I have changed my feelings with Khamauri Rogers.. it’s out of state or OM.. Not even sure we should get involved to be honest ..
    But

I will take
    Shazz Preston over Simmons & Jacoby Matthews over Rogers... all day every day.. And we have a great shot at both

With Oatis and Harris.. I see Oatis out of state and Harris to State .
    Robinson RB .. honestly if we get him great if not ok..
    The biggest blow so far IMO is Marquez Dortch. But it’s still a ways till December and that OM staff could look very different by then

Would love to get a commit form 2 of the 3 if not all 3 of the LBS ( Blanton, Stewart, and Khalid Moore) sooner than later
    Russell should be a lock, and his ranking will be lower than it should be.
    I think Jacarius Clayton is going to blow up and collect big offers and pressed by some of the big boy schools. Need to make sure we hold on to him. And we seem to be in good shape with Bryson Hurst .. that’s 2 solid instate OL ...

Main thing with next year is hopefully and if it’s not what a crock of shit , camps and visits should be back to normal come early summer. Get some guys on campus and in camps and around some of our coaches and things could change for the better.
    Last edited by Ari Gold; 01-29-2021 at 08:29 AM.

vCash
    I'm not panicking on 2022 yet..

Zxavian Harris is an MSU lean. 4*

Bryson Hurst is an MSU lean. 4*

If we stop d*cking around and treat Stone Blanton like the priority he is, we have a decent shot at him. 4*

Demonte Russell's little brother will be a good prospect and we'll have a great shot at him.

We're still a long ways out. Chill.

vCash
    We will see how things shake out, but there are more than a few times these early commits don't hang on. With that being said, it still is a big blow. We will see how things shake out.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    OM is kicking our asses in recruiting. They've got a top 20 class this year and will next year. They're cleaning up the skill guys in MS. The MJ double whammy has really hurt us.
    And I'll go ahead and tell you, I don't currently expect us to get either of the big DL instate this year. We aren't pulling the top RB either. The top WRs are committed to OM already. I think we've got time to change some of that, but it'll be tough. This staff needs to get things done in state this year.
    Let MJ go. He's not Deion Sanders.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldawg28 View Post
    Let MJ go. He's not Deion Sanders.
    His point is his teammate is a highly coveted 2022 recruit so we're essentially missing out on both. It's fine to point out, this is a recruiting thread.