Quote Originally Posted by FISHDAWG View Post
I've heard there is now a breathalyzer for pot that is available to law enforcement ... I don't know this for fact, just something I heard from someone that should know. Mississippi has some unusual laws and omissions - like it's legal to drink and drive as long as you're below the legal limit (thereby nullifying an open container law that so many other states have in place) ...... but hey, cannibalism isn't illegal in Mississippi.
Caveat - these are things my Georgia wife throws at me from crap she claims to have read ... I really don't know for fact
I think the problem with those things is how far back they can test and what is the window of impairment from weed. Hell smoking a bowl doesn't last nearly as long as eating a mild edible. And they are totally different highs

Say I smoke a bowl at 8pm. Wake up the next morning and get pulled over at 10am for speeding. No way am I even remotely impaired still. But if the test goes back 24-48 hours you're toast.

I know you aren't claiming to know the answer. But we are a long way from having a legal limit and a system of determining whether someone is too impaired to drive while high or not. It's easy for legislation to put a cap on alcohol content in each can or serving. How do you account for the difference between dirt weed and some potent ass Sour Diesel and how long each one lasts?