Quote Originally Posted by Maverick91 View Post
I looked at the first 14 throws for both Rogers and Costello on Saturday. Why 14? Because that is how many balls Rogers through in his first 2 drives.

I make this post to say this is 100% on Costello for how bad our Offense has performed, not the line. My opinion, please change my mind.

From snap of the ball to the release or subsequent pressure of the sack, Rogers had the ball for 30.29 seconds.

Of the 30.29 seconds he held the ball for an average of 2.16 seconds. He read through his progressions and made the appropriate check downs in that timeframe and moved the ball pretty well and got a freaking touchdown. Please also note, that he made quite a few throws past ten yards and hit people in stride within ten yards. That is a winning formula.

From snap of the ball to the release or subsequent pressure of the sack, Costello had the ball for 36.68 seconds.

Of the 36.68 seconds he held the ball for an average of 2.62 seconds. With additional time he was sacked, fumbled twice (ball hit him in the chest), 1 pick, 1 under throw (probably a touchdown), and didn't look like he could read the defense.

Looking at the numbers how I read this, the line gave Costello all the time he needed to read through his progressions and make the right throw. He couldn't do it, no matter what the reason is, he couldn't do it. A true freshman made Costello look like a true freshman in every facet of the QB position.

I believe we need a full game of a Rogers running this offense to actually see what its capabilities are, Bama might not give us the best understanding. But, we also might be pleasantly surprised.

https://www.elitedawgs.com/showthrea...mbers-crunched

Ok?

This doesn't convince me otherwise the second time I saw it either.