Quote Originally Posted by Jarius View Post
Are you guys willingly not looking at what Leach's teams have done with subpar defenses over the last 20 years or what? Mike Leach having a bad defense isn't some new development in his career, yet he still wins. He has never had 3 4 star receivers, a 5 star OL and 2 4 star OL, a preseason all American running back, and a former all PAC 12 quarterback either. The transfer portal negated the normal first year "don't have what I need to run my offense" that Leach usually runs into. He's going to score a lot of points just like he always has. Joe Moorhead was awful but he didn't recruit bad. Leach isn't walking into a total rebuild.
And his first year offenses haven't been as good. It's generally taken a couple years to get it all in place. We didn't have good WRs. That's the big issue. When his WRs get here, then the offense will be good. But, we've got a pretty solid OL and good RBs. We've got a proven QB (but not in this system). Going to be up and down. I think you'll see Tulu and Heath both starting somehow before the year is over. We need both on the field. The rest is a wait and see at WR. Consistency is the question mark. And we're going to need to score 30+ to win games. Would be nice to have OOC games to start the season. That would've been big. No spring set us back a good bit.