Page 57 of 274 FirstFirst ... 747555657585967107157 ... LastLast
Results 1,121 to 1,140 of 5471

Thread: The Covid-19 Info thread (keep politics out please)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    The ONLY way to do a lockdown is to get both the police and National Guard involved.

Honestly, if I was President that's EXACTLY what I would have done.

Also if I was President Ole Miss would be burned to the ground and Hugh Freeze deported as a heretic.**

2020's Dark Horse Candidate has spoken***

vCash
    Nationalize Ole Miss and turn it into a surgical mask collective.
    This pandemic, I think we can all agree, sucks.

vCash
    Speaking of Ole Miss, I assume we all saw this?

vCash
    Switzerland is being hit harder in cases per million than Italy, but no where close to the death rate.

Cases per million:
    Switzerland 1175
    Italy 1143

Death rate (on reported numbers):
    Switzerland 0.013
    Italy 0.096

Crazy how differently some countries get hit

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Switzerland is being hit harder in cases per million than Italy, but no where close to the death rate.

Cases per million:
    Switzerland 1175
    Italy 1143

Switzerland 0.013
    Italy 0.096

We should explore the healing properties of wearing Rolex's and eating chocolate.**

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    We should explore the healing properties of wearing Rolex's and eating chocolate.**
    Then I'm safe.

vCash

Cases per million:
    Switzerland 1175
    Italy 1143

Switzerland 0.013
    Italy 0.096thing
    n
    Be interesting to see how much of that is demographics and how much is differences in how widespread testing is and how much of it is just Switzerland being full of Swiss people so that everything, including the hospitals, just function better.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnson85 View Post
    Be interesting to see how much of that is demographics and how much is differences in how widespread testing is and how much of it is just Switzerland being full of Swiss people so that everything, including the hospitals, just function better.
    This. I've no doubt that the Swiss medical staff and hospitals are about 400% better than what you have in Italy. I've got a friend living in Italy right now with the Air Force. She said that before all of this the Italian hospitals were a nightmare. She also said that up until about a week ago none of the locals were taking any of this seriously. There were still large groups of all ages out and about, socializing at pop-up parties, outside on the streets partying, etc. It is apparently infuriating the base leaders.

vCash
    Germans doing better than Switzerland in death rate, but they do have a lesser infection rate.

Germany 406 cases per million
    Death rate: .005

Banned
    vCash
    So for the month of April, several americans are screwed, but hey, at least we are bailing out businesses immediately with this stimulus package. The American people should have saved and budgeted better. These poor billion dollar businesses have no way of surviving a month without meeting expected growth in income so we need to inject them with cash right away.

This house of cards economy built on a shoddy foundation of screwing over the working class is gonna eventually fail, and when it does, it will be ugly.

vCash
    Germans doing better than Switzerland in death rate, but they do have a lesser infection rate.

Germany 406 cases per million
    Death rate: .005
    I've read that Germany is doing extensive testing. They think they have almost all of their infected people tested, asymptomatic or not. I haven't seen that their hospitals are stressed yet. So I think their 0.5% death rate is probably the "best case scenario" death rate.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dantheman4248 View Post
    So for the month of April, several americans are screwed, but hey, at least we are bailing out businesses immediately with this stimulus package. The American people should have saved and budgeted better. These poor billion dollar businesses have no way of surviving a month without meeting expected growth in income so we need to inject them with cash right away.

This house of cards economy built on a shoddy foundation of screwing over the working class is gonna eventually fail, and when it does, it will be ugly.

I must not be able to see the part of your post about the actual virus. Like this thread is supposed to be about.

All I see is more of your political mumbo jumbo.

vCash
    The numbers in Spain look rough.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StateDawg44 View Post
    I must not be able to see the part of your post about the actual virus. Like this thread is supposed to be about.

All I see is more of your political mumbo jumbo.

All I see is you being hall monitor.

And to keep this on track for the hall monitors if you pass someone in a hall way, stay at least 6 feet away do to the virus

vCash
    Don't think my comment was an endorsement of Democrats lmfao.Part of the problem with American politics is as Beardo mentioned, injecting random ass shit into everything to make bills cover the most random pet projects ever. Both sides have their own issues. This ain't a zero sum game. Both democrats and republicans overall are negative parties for the common man. Closest thing to positive the American man had this cycle was Bernie and Yang. Thankfully their policies are at least injecting discussion among the American people.

But yea, Beardo pretty much hit the nail on the head with his response to you. And you can flip democrat/republican there at will. They both are horrible about all sides of that. (Injecting bs, triggering the masses, stoking the fire.)
    Common man? You mean, as was discovered in previous posts, you are not quite a communist, but somewhere in-between a communist and capitalist, you want the government to control most every aspect of human activity. You are for government takeover of industry - especially healthcare. You want redistribution of wealth. These are your words from previous posts, not mine.

If you read further about the bill being signed, the relief package, it will provide direct financial checks to many Americans, drastically expand unemployment insurance, offer hundreds [of] billions in loans to both small and large businesses, and provide health care providers with additional resources as the virus spreads. Doesn't this include help for the "common man"? Sure, but no, you are not happy.

As was stated in The Wall Street Journal:

?President Trump can?t do right by some critics no matter what he does. For three years he?s been denounced as a reckless authoritarian, and now he?s attacked for not being authoritarian enough by refusing to commandeer American industry. The truth is that private industry is responding to the coronavirus? with support from the government rather than ?command and control,?.
    Last edited by Extendedcab; 03-25-2020 at 11:15 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hacker View Post
    Speaking of Ole Miss, I assume we all saw this?

Wow, I did not see this. But this is the level of contemptible, dirty, filthy, slimy, detestable things I expect from OM. Ice Cold indeed!

vCash

I work for one of the worlds largest companies. I want them to continue to thrive. That way many people continue to make big salaries and keep buying shit and spending money. Otherwise it just gets uglier and uglier. I think most reasonable thinking Americans understand this concept.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by deadheaddawg View Post

All I see is you being hall monitor.

And to keep this on track for the hall monitors if you pass someone in a hall way, stay at least 6 feet away do to the virus

That's a cute response.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hacker View Post
    I've read that Germany is doing extensive testing. They think they have almost all of their infected people tested, asymptomatic or not. I haven't seen that their hospitals are stressed yet. So I think their 0.5% death rate is probably the "best case scenario" death rate.
    My son has friends in Germany, that isn't the case.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    I know the optics of the "Kennedy Center" stipulation are terrible, but the Republicans also have their own pet projects injected in this bill. Politicians, R's and D's, are hardwired to push as much pork into bills (any and every bill, at any time, regardless of urgency) as possible, and it's definitely frustrating. I think most of us would agree on that.

That being said, McConnell is mentioning things like the "Kennedy Center" as being the primary holdups in this negotiation, but they're not, lol. But he just knows that will trigger people, and put pressure on the D's to agree to his terms. To put it more simply: that's politics.
    The hold up is always with the other side. THEY ALL ARE TRAITORS TO THEIR OATHS.