Page 40 of 274 FirstFirst ... 3038394041425090140 ... LastLast

Thread: The Covid-19 Info thread (keep politics out please)

vCash
    People get so offended by actual numbers

vCash
    That rate is going to go up in MS, maybe if only temporarily because there's been atleast one death at NMMC in Tupelo that has yet to be reported and from what I gather, there's more.
    "The QB and the receiver weren't on the same page there, but hey its only week eleven". (Jack Cristil)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dantheman4248 View Post
    Godspeed to you then. Good luck and literally bless your heart.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dantheman4248 View Post
    Optimistic data would be that the US doesn't break 5% infected and .5% death rate. So let's say 2.5% infected and .5% death rate. That's 40k deaths in the US. That's worth 13 9/11s. That's the optimistic outlook.

This is a tragedy on a scale unseen that could have been largely prevented.

Then you add in the thought of what this has done to the economy and the average american. Sobering and sad.
    https://www.cdc.gov/flu/about/burden/2017-2018.htm

61K deaths during the 2017/18 flu season

That?s CDC data in the link Above

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinto View Post
    You seem like the tool at work who thinks he?s smarter than everyone else and berates anyone who thinks otherwise. So folks at work let you say your peace, and then make fun of you behind your back and do what everyone else wants to do anyway. They just keep you around to take the work no one else wants - knowing they just have to stroke your ego occasionally to keep you going. Bless your heart.
    You are the kind of person that thinks "common sense" is better than the advice of nearly every medical and scientific expert in the world. You are the kids and of guy the when confronted with things he isn't smart enough to understand, he counters with lame old "trigger" and "bless your heart" because you can't even come up with something original.

And you are the kind of guy that has been trying to mock those with concern saying they are scared. Well honey, they arnt scared. They are just smart enough to follow advice. You clearly arnt.

And people like you are the reason we are behind on the response and social distancing. All because you are too stupid to understand. And as the shit hits the fan a lot of the blame LIE SQUARELY ON THE SHOULDERS OF PEOPLE LIKE YOU

In two weeks don't run around trying to blame things on other people. I hope you are man enough to admit you have been wrong and a dangerous fool. But you won't. You will whine and try to blame others.

Because you are stupid

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Federalist Engineer View Post

Could you imagine if the national news had a running ticker for flu cases and deaths? Seeing that update every day, running up to 44M/61k deaths...... oh my.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Federalist Engineer View Post

And the difference in public response between the coronavirus and the flu is the msm over sensationalizing it causing people to panic. Ridiculous we can't go to a store now without waiting hours in line only to find out all the toilet paper just sold out and most of the meat, bread, and bottled water are gone as well. This is crazy and it's all because of our media.

vCash
    lol

Imagine being so uniformed about what's going on that today on 3/21 you are STILL blaming this on the media

That's is an astonishing level of ignorance.
    Last edited by deadheaddawg; 03-21-2020 at 08:36 PM.

vCash
    Yes, every flu season they bring in army trucks to haul off the corpses in Italy

https://www.businessinsider.com/coro...s-video-2020-3

vCash
    I guess every year Italy's hospitals start going into crises because of the flu?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by deadheaddawg View Post
    You are the kind of person that thinks "common sense" is better than the advice of nearly every medical and scientific expert in the world. You are the kids and of guy the when confronted with things he isn't smart enough to understand, he counters with lame old "trigger" and "bless your heart" because you can't even come up with something original.

And you are the kind of guy that has been trying to mock those with concern saying they are scared. Well honey, they arnt scared. They are just smart enough to follow advice. You clearly arnt.

And people like you are the reason we are behind on the response and social distancing. All because you are too stupid to understand. And as the shit hits the fan a lot of the blame LIE SQUARELY ON THE SHOULDERS OF PEOPLE LIKE YOU

In two weeks don't run around trying to blame things on other people. I hope you are man enough to admit you have been wrong and a dangerous fool. But you won't. You will whine and try to blame others.

Because you are stupid
    Wrong, but thanks for trying.

vCash
    lol

Imagine being so uniformed about what's going on that today on 3/21 you are STILL blaming this on the media

Man, what are you gonna do when all this is over? Relax.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    And it's because of the fact the test takes so damn long to come back positive or negative. For whatever reason.

The data we have right now is about like Rowdey Jordan hitting below the Mendonza Line after OOC games.

My personal opinion is over the next week or two the numbers will inevitably get worse, people will freak out and then it will plateau throughout April and early May and gradually go down. Once our bodies build some immunity to it then we will gradually be allowed to do less and less social distancing although a few cases will still pop up but at a much lower rate.
    So the virus has a hitch??*

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shoeless joe View Post
    So the virus has a hitch??*
    I'm hoping it's hot right now because of a lack of a scouting report and then regresses below the mean.**

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KOdawg1 View Post
    I really think he'd volunteer to die of coronavirus just to make the death toll more so he could gloat from the afterlife

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KOdawg1 View Post
    I'm going to continue to not be scared of knowledge. I am going to continue to not be fearful of science and facts. I'm going to continue to not live in a political agenda bubble.

And when the next big event happens and people act stupid and start to again fear knowledge, I will call them stupid.

It's helps pass the time when stuck at home

vCash
    lol

I'm pretty sure I've got a better handle on this than you do. I've been working in healthcare now for many years and I'm in no way ignorant. Keep spreading the panic.

vCash
    I'm going to continue to not be scared of knowledge. I am going to continue to not be fearful of science and facts. I'm going to continue to not live in a political agenda bubble.

And when the next big event happens and people act stupid and start to again fear knowledge, I will call them stupid.

It's helps pass the time when stuck at home
    Cool. It'd probably be better for your heart if you just went fishing or something.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    I really think he'd volunteer to die of coronavirus just to make the death toll more so he could gloat from the afterlife
    LOL, I needed a laugh today +++1

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt3467 View Post
    And the difference in public response between the coronavirus and the flu is the msm over sensationalizing it causing people to panic. Ridiculous we can't go to a store now without waiting hours in line only to find out all the toilet paper just sold out and most of the meat, bread, and bottled water are gone as well. This is crazy and it's all because of our media.
    So the POTUS, our governors, our local leaders, and every other ruler around the world are just succumbing to the immense power of the media?

Holy shit at this level of wtf....
    Last edited by BeardoMSU; 03-21-2020 at 10:59 PM.