Page 20 of 274 FirstFirst ... 1018192021223070120 ... LastLast

Thread: The Covid-19 Info thread (keep politics out please)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by deadheaddawg View Post
    Nope not scared. I am just obnoxious and a loudmouth. And I have zero respect for someone like you, so I'm going to be a loudmouth about it.

See people like you are scared. You are scared of smart people. You don't trust science and medical experts because you can't understand what they are saying. So you retreat into sone big tough guy act.

Yet when the shit hits the fan it will be people like you asking for sympathy because your grandpa is sick. It will be people like you looking to blame someone else.

All because you are too stupid to understand. I would feel sorry for your lack of critical thinking skills, but you don't deserve it... because with this, your stupidity is dangerous
    Can we perma-ban this pile of shit masquerading as a human being yet?

vCash
    And to think everybody was concerned there would not be any topics to keep us busy while sports figures out how to recover from this.

vCash
    [tweet2]1240326172589858818[/tweet2]

8.33%

vCash
    Because I'm going with the vast majority of the people that have been ahead of us on this. That's the thing. We have been watching this unfold in other countries.

And sources matter. There have been warnings us for a while. There is clear line that divides the people blaming this on the media and the people that are telling people this is very serious. The line is easy to see because the people calling it an overreaction and media hysteria get their news from one type of source.

So I'm confident, because of where I get my info. They are looking at what has actually happened...the ones shouting overeation.....well they are using "common sense" or listening to news that has deliberately tried to play this down.
    You get your information from people who used "unnamed sources" to bring America to the brink of riots in the street through the fabrication of a "Russian Collusion". Meanwhile, the sources you disparage were dead on correct throughout the entire farce. This is also not debatable.

You have made some fair points, but for the most part you're just a partisan hack parroting crap from the "right" sources who have been wrong more than right over the last 4 years. Multiple times they have been caught just making stuff up and have had to admit it and retract "stories".

This thread is not supposed to be political, and you've broken that rule. I know you believe your supposed higher intelligence has led you to be able to skirt the rule by not using actual names, but everyone here is smart enough to know who you mean (shocking to you, I'm sure!).

COVID-19 IS serious. Some here are taking it too lightly, I agree. But as I said earlier, both sides have politicized it, and that's bullshit on their part. Almost ALL US media sucks for reason or another. But, you, you're trying to add worthwhile discussion, but your personality and ideology just won't let you do it because you have to be a jerk 100% of the time.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hacker View Post

8.33%
    In the last 24 hours?

I've been warning people - we recently started outpacing Italy's rates, we've done less than them to stop the spread, and we're about 11 days behind. About a week from today it'll be hellacious. If we are following their pattern, we need to have a mass quarantine by friday if we want results to be only AS BAD AS that.
    WHY IS EVERYONE YELLING?!?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BulldogDX55 View Post
    In the last 24 hours?

I've been warning people - we recently started outpacing Italy's rates, we've done less than them to stop the spread, and we're about 11 days behind. About a week from today it'll be hellacious. If we are following their pattern, we need to have a mass quarantine by friday if we want results to be only AS BAD AS that.
    A week from today, we'll be 30,000+. Unless something changes very quickly between now and then.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BulldogDX55 View Post
    In the last 24 hours?
    4,207 new cases, 475 new deaths in 24 hours, yes

8.33% fatality rate overall

vCash
    The situation in New Orleans is not good. Have heard some things from colleagues down there.

vCash

please just stop

4,207 new cases, 475 new deaths in 24 hours, yes

8.33% fatality rate overall
    the fatality % cannot be calculated because no one has the number of infections. This is simple math and we don't have the numerator

vCash
    Something more is going on with Italy. Their healthcare workers are getting infected at a very high rate at twice the rate of China. 20% of their family doctors are also infected. They also reported 1000+ recoveries yesterday which is a good sign.

vCash
    Update -

As of Wednesday morning there were 6,519 cases and 114 deaths in the United States. This is a 1.748% death rate - so far anyway.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lariverdog View Post
    the fatality % cannot be calculated because no one has the number of infections. This is simple math and we don't have the numerator
    We don't have the denominator. The denominator is the number below the line and is the standard to which to measure (i.e. total population of a group)

vCash
    I don't trust China's numbers.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgology View Post
    We don't have the denominator. The denominator is the number below the line and is the standard to which to measure (i.e. total population of a group)
    yes you are correct, my mistake

vCash
    I think you are probably 100% accurate on that. My political leanings are often different than most deadheads, so I would not surprised if I lack the chillness of most. Plus coffee is the only drug I take and that probably makes my loudmouth even louder..... But yeah your sources on this seem to be right
    So his opinion of being the least chill deadhead is a credible source? It is more than likely true but that sums it up.

Now we all know how this works in your head and what you consider a "source".

vCash

8.33%
    Meanwhile South Korea is still floating around 1%, with a much more realistic denominator than Italy, a closer >65 year old population to ours than Italy (23% for Italy, 16% for US, 14% for South Korea), but also a much quicker response than us or Italy.

https://www.worldometers.info/corona...y/south-korea/
    Far Moorhead yaw

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WeWonItAll(Most) View Post
    Meanwhile South Korea is still floating around 1%, with a much more realistic denominator than Italy, a closer >65 year old population to ours than Italy (23% for Italy, 16% for US, 14% for South Korea), but also a much quicker response than us or Italy.

Italy has tested the second most people per 1 million behind South Korea.

I don't think the true fatality rate is 8.33% but those are the numbers right now. It'll be a lot lower when you count asymptomatic cases that haven't been detected.

And I'm really just posting it more to show the trend. It's not getting better. Yet.

Italy's health care system is in shambles. The quality of medical care someone receives contributes a lot to whether a person makes it or not.

Edit: I think I meant half of my reply to be to the guy who told me to stop, lol
    Last edited by hacker; 03-18-2020 at 01:02 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WeWonItAll(Most) View Post

South Korea also announced they are starting their pro basketball leagues back in 2 weeks. Unclear if fans can attend but they are feeling optimistic about things (seemingly).

vCash
    From the world health organization:

These symptoms are usually mild and begin gradually. Some people become infected but don?t develop any symptoms and don't feel unwell. Most people (about 80%) recover from the disease without needing special treatment. Around 1 out of every 6 people who gets COVID-19 becomes seriously ill and develops difficulty breathing. Older people, and those with underlying medical problems like high blood pressure, heart problems or diabetes, are more likely to develop serious illness. People with fever, cough and difficulty breathing should seek medical attention.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gtowndawg View Post
    South Korea also announced they are starting their pro basketball leagues back in 2 weeks. Unclear if fans can attend but they are feeling optimistic about things (seemingly).
    The link I posted shows that their cases have almost plateaued over the last week.
    Far Moorhead yaw