Page 43 of 148 FirstFirst ... 3341424344455393143 ... LastLast

Thread: THE 2020 MSU Football Recruiting Talk Thread

vCash
    Damn right.
    Praise The Lord and Go Dawgs!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    Plumlee has a better chance to start at baseball their next year than Ealy does. He's still got holes in his swing that will get eaten alive on the sec. and no Plumlee won't start either. Just he's ahead of Ealy hitting wise. Not tools.
    I think Plumlee has a legit shot at being OM's starting QB by mid season. The kid from TX aint great and Corral appears to be a ticking time bomb.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    Plumlee has a better chance to start at baseball their next year than Ealy does. He's still got holes in his swing that will get eaten alive on the sec. and no Plumlee won't start either. Just he's ahead of Ealy hitting wise. Not tools.
    This.

vCash
    How many are we going to sign in our 2020 class this year?

It seems like we are going after a ton of high school and JUCO guys. By that I mean like could we potentially oversign this year?

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckyIsAB**** View Post
    I think Plumlee has a legit shot at being OM's starting QB by mid season. The kid from TX aint great and Corral appears to be a ticking time bomb.
    Plumlee has already been told that he has a package put in for him this year. Would not surprise me at all. They are now a Mullen offense. The receivers that signed with them this year are idiots.

That New Coach - That's better than the Old Coach
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    How many are we going to sign in our 2020 class this year?

It seems like we are going after a ton of high school and JUCO guys. By that I mean like could we potentially oversign this year?
    I doubt we sign a full 25. JoeMo is going to always try to keep a couple scholarships free for grad transfers. I'd say anywhere between 21-23.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ifyouonlyknew View Post
    I doubt we sign a full 25. JoeMo is going to always try to keep a couple scholarships free for grad transfers. I'd say anywhere between 21-23.
    I think that is a good strategy in today's "free agent" era. As much as everyone bitched about us undersigning this past year - it left us 4 slots that we filled with guys at 4 positions of need (QB, WR, DT, and P) - and those guys could be the collective difference giving us 2-3 more wins if it works out. I also like Joe taking advantage of the JUCO market. We all know that our recruiting footprint doesn't always provide the players we need, at the positions we need, when we actually need them. And when you are competing against the school we recruit against, it's just that much harder. however - that strategy has to be coupled with excellent player evaluation. It makes our margin on "misses" very thin.

Personally, I think after the 2020 class, we see Joe move away from being JUCO heavy. Our recruiting was so spotty over the past few years - coupled with that huge JUCO class in '16, he was left a real unbalanced roster that has had to be dealt with. JUCO was about the only way to balance that back out.
    "After dealing with Ole Miss for over a year," he said, "I've learned to expect their leadership to do and say things that the leadership at other Division I schools would never consider doing and to justify their actions by reminding themselves that "We're Ole Miss.""
    - Tom Mars, Esq. 4.9.18

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    I think that is a good strategy in today's "free agent" era. As much as everyone bitched about us undersigning this past year - it left us 4 slots that we filled with guys at 4 positions of need (QB, WR, DT, and P) - and those guys could be the collective difference giving us 2-3 more wins if it works out. I also like Joe taking advantage of the JUCO market. We all know that our recruiting footprint doesn't always provide the players we need, at the positions we need, when we actually need them. And when you are competing against the school we recruit against, it's just that much harder. however - that strategy has to be coupled with excellent player evaluation. It makes our margin on "misses" very thin.

Personally, I think after the 2020 class, we see Joe move away from being JUCO heavy. Our recruiting was so spotty over the past few years - coupled with that huge JUCO class in '16, he was left a real unbalanced roster that has had to be dealt with. JUCO was about the only way to balance that back out.
    We will keep hammering the jucos if the right guys are there. To many good players come to the state via juco route.
    With this years class I actually think it’s going to be bigger because we may see a handful of underclassmen test the nfl draft after the year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ari Gold View Post
    We will keep hammering the jucos if the right guys are there. To many good players come to the state via juco route.
    With this years class I actually think it’s going to be bigger because we may see a handful of underclassmen test the nfl draft after the year.
    I don't disagree with getting JUCO's at all - it's definitely something that we should be taking advantage of. I don't think Dan did enough of it until he was in a real bind in '17. 9 JUCO guys in one class is a ton. In his defense - they were all very talented and it panned out - especially since a number of those guys redshirted giving us an extra year. But, it can also leave you in a recruiting hole 2-3 years later when HS kids you could have signed aren't there. It's a delicate balance. I think somewhere in the 3-5 range every year is an ideal balance.
    "After dealing with Ole Miss for over a year," he said, "I've learned to expect their leadership to do and say things that the leadership at other Division I schools would never consider doing and to justify their actions by reminding themselves that "We're Ole Miss.""
    - Tom Mars, Esq. 4.9.18

vCash
    Just saw that Ducking commited....assuming he’s replacing either Taylor or Heath. Anybody like this move?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Doggie_Style View Post
    Just saw that Ducking commited....assuming he’s replacing either Taylor or Heath. Anybody like this move?
    No idea. He's a big guy, but no offers. Hopefully we got him on his way up

vCash
    Nice to see some info about a future State player, rather an UM player on this thread. Hail State!

vCash
    Heard good things about this kids raw athletic ability, he definitely has the size.
    Praise The Lord and Go Dawgs!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    No idea. He's a big guy, but no offers. Hopefully we got him on his way up
    You gotta like the 6?5? aspect...he needs to bulk up to 200+ though.... Joe must have really liked his camp showing

vCash
    6'5" and runs a 4.5 40. I'm good with it.

vCash
    Heath is still fine..
    Last edited by Ari Gold; 06-05-2019 at 07:23 PM.

vCash
    He may be in good health but what about Heath? Sorry, just had to Ari haha

That New Coach - That's better than the Old Coach
    vCash
    We'd still take both Heath & Taylor.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ifyouonlyknew View Post
    We'd still take both Heath & Taylor.
    OK....but would we take Heath, Taylor and Patterson or are we writing off Patterson ?

vCash
    OK....but would we take Heath, Taylor and Patterson or are we writing off Patterson ?
    I don't think Patterson will be apart of the class