Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
China has been dealing with this since January. They're reporting 80,932 cases. Let's just say they're lying and it's 1000x worse than that... 80,932,000 cases. They're population is 1.4 billion, so that would mean 5.8% of the population has it. The deaths reported there 3,056. Let's say that's 1000x worse than reported... so 3.056 million deaths, which is 2.2% of population.

Now to US... if we get 50-170 million cases, that would be 15.2-51.5% of the population getting it. Just don't see how you can come up with that number with the data that is out there.
I'm not buying it either..the predicted deaths or final count...I'm basing it off something I learned in college many years ago in ECON classes, ceteris paribus...I think that's right. Anyway, at the time these predictions are made, they're based on everything remaining the same. Problem is, we're taking steps to change everything conducive to the virus spreading....that's what I base my "not buying it on". Grounding flights, shutting down events with a crowd, closing borders.....I am immuno-compromised so you won't be seeing me too many places and avoiding the ER, hospitals and clinics, God willing.