Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Might be another slim crowd

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by basedog View Post
    Sad folks don't support Msu with more pride. I will be there, I've seen much much worse and things aren't as bad one thinks nor as good as some say.

You are silly folks after 3 games giving up, it's way to early, recruiting can solve much of Joe's problems. He has no overall team speed, and yes injuries and suspensions have really hurt this team.

Do like I do, I am not an Nfl fan so I don't watch much, if you don't like Joe, well keep giving money, buy season tickets and give to a needy wanna be Msu fan. But mostly quit turning the TV on and watch Bama, Lsu, Georgia, Clemson and keep dreaming in your head we can be like them. Ain't gonna happen, go look at our football past, it sucks overall for 100 years but good news last few decades is a slow improving process.
    Exactly. We are never going to be good as those teams so no point in being upset when we lose. Just accept that we are a mediocre to poor football program and be happy with it. That’s just how it is for MSU. We should just be happy we have to money to turn the stadium lights on. We should just show up, support the team, expect a loss, and be happy about the outcome and that we have a football team. Leave the winning up to the good SEC teams.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    Not showing up is actually the best thing you can do when you don't agree with the direction of the program.

When the program gets right again, people will show up.
    There is nothing wrong with the program.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Maroonthirteen View Post
    There is nothing wrong with the program.
    And that's why I'm going to put this here.

Even Bo Bounds this am said State fans need to calm the eff down. We are melting over a freshman QB losing to a well coached, senior laden team. Then Tom Luginbill agreed with him and said a healthy Stevens beats KSU by a TD or two.

vCash
    Look, I'm not sold on Moorhead either and have let that be known, but that would never keep me from attending a game. I'm always going to support Mississippi State and I'll still be at every home game for a very long time no matter who the coach is.

If you're truly upset with the program, that's ok and you're obviously welcome to do whatever you want. But I can promise you that not showing up does nothing positive for the program. No coach would want to come here for a fan base that gets upset every time something doesn't go exactly as they want it. It's one thing to not purchase tickets and not come, but to purchase tickets and just eat them to spite Moorhead, Cohen, etc. is a completely different thing.

If you got tickets Saturday, for the love of God show up! And if you can't, find a Dawg who will and give them to that person. We need a good crowd for this one.

Senior Member THE Bruce Dickinson's Avatar
    vCash
    It amazes me that a majority of our fan base can?t see the correlation between crowd size/ fan support and winning.

Is it everything- no, but it certainly can be the deciding factor in a close game.

It was certainly a factor last week

vCash
    I was a State fan before Joe Moorhead and will be after he is long gone either good or bad, hell I sat through Croom and The Maine. The Athletic Department and the game day staff has done way more to make me question my desire to attend games than Moorhead and the on field product ever can or will. PS. I have tickets and I will be there Saturday just like always. I've missed maybe two home games since Crooms first year which is when I first decided to buy season tickets.
    Last edited by Dawgbite; 09-19-2019 at 10:12 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StarkVegasSteve View Post
    Look, I'm not sold on Moorhead either and have let that be known, but that would never keep me from attending a game. I'm always going to support Mississippi State and I'll still be at every home game for a very long time no matter who the coach is.

If you're truly upset with the program, that's ok and you're obviously welcome to do whatever you want. But I can promise you that not showing up does nothing positive for the program. No coach would want to come here for a fan base that gets upset every time something doesn't go exactly as they want it. It's one thing to not purchase tickets and not come, but to purchase tickets and just eat them to spite Moorhead, Cohen, etc. is a completely different thing.

If you got tickets Saturday, for the love of God show up! And if you can't, find a Dawg who will and give them to that person. We need a good crowd for this one.
    Well said StarkVegasSteve

vCash
    The student section should be full this week. I’m hearing most are staying in town for Bulldog Bash and other kids will be in town for BB.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgbite View Post
    I was a State fan before Joe Moorhead and will be after he is long gone either good or bad, hell I sat through Croom and The Maine. The Athletic Department and the game day staff has done way more to make me question my desire to attend games than Moorhead and the on field product ever can or will. PS. I have tickets and I will be there Saturday just like always. I've missed maybe two home games since Crooms first year which is when I first decided to buy season tickets.
    Great Post!

I had season tickets from 92 to 2003 and the only games I missed was when I had to work. I stopped because my son was born and my wife worked Saturdays. I believe 2003 is when they started charging bull dawg club pledges for seats. I kept on donating to the bull dawg club. In 2013 I started buying tickets again because my son wanted to start going to games. Have not missed a home game. I go to one road game every season and go to the bowl game. Winning is fun and it is a lot more fun then losing but I am going to the game regardless. I enjoy being in Davis Wade and Campus on game day. I enjoy being with my son win or lose. I am going regardless. Hot, cold, shitty team it doesn't matter I am going to support my school and not use all this bull shit whining candy ass excuses I keep hearing on this board.
    Last edited by Jack Lambert; 09-19-2019 at 10:29 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Maroonthirteen View Post
    The student section should be full this week. I’m hearing most are staying in town for Bulldog Bash and other kids will be in town for BB.
    That's huge. The student section full and loud for the entire game would be a huge plus!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgology View Post
    Exactly. We are never going to be good as those teams so no point in being upset when we lose. Just accept that we are a mediocre to poor football program and be happy with it. That’s just how it is for MSU. We should just be happy we have to money to turn the stadium lights on. We should just show up, support the team, expect a loss, and be happy about the outcome and that we have a football team. Leave the winning up to the good SEC teams.
    LOL, I think you swung and missed, never said we can't win, but did say we want be "Bama, Lsu….like".

vCash
    LOL, I think you swung and missed, never said we can't win, but did say we want be "Bama, Lsu….like".
    What are you talking about? I agreed with you.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgology View Post
    What are you talking about? I agreed with you.
    "Leave the winning to the good teams". Like I've stated and I guess you agree, we have come a loonnnnngggggggg ways in the last few decades, we can win but we will never be elite like the "big boys". The state of Mississippi is the bottom in just about everything, education just flat ass sucks, that is a major problem! Plus don't get me started on our roads and highway!

Dawgology, I read your post thinking it was slap at what I was saying, sorry dude.

P.S. Supporting the overall University is the ONLY way for Msu to succeed. Quit going to games and buying tickets and we will be like Usm!

vCash
    "Leave the winning to the good teams". Like I've stated and I guess you agree, we have come a loonnnnngggggggg ways in the last few decades, we can win but we will never be elite like the "big boys". The state of Mississippi is the bottom in just about everything, education just flat ass sucks, that is a major problem! Plus don't get me started on our roads and highway!

Dawgology, I read your post thinking it was slap at what I was saying, sorry dude.

P.S. Supporting the overall University is the ONLY way for Msu to succeed. Quit going to games and buying tickets and we will be like Usm!
    Ever wonder why some counties have good roads and some don't. Get on I-20 East and you know instantly when you leave Hinds county.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Lambert View Post
    Ever wonder why some counties have good roads and some don't. Get on I-20 East and you know instantly when you leave Hinds county.
    I know exactly! Also look at the counties who keep the grass cut. Made a delivery one day for my wife in Jackson city limits, slowed down and couldn't avod a huge pot hole, maybe was going 10 mph, 5 minutes later I have a huge cut in the back tire. Note a good area to be changing a tire, but I do pack!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LC Dawg View Post
    The TV schedule did us no favors by having 3 home games to start the season played in the heat. That coupled with last week's performance is going to keep the crowd low but I hope as we get closer to Saturday people realize the heat is not going to be that bad and more decide to come.
    I'll be there +3 but we got screwed having 3 day Sept games at home. Name me one other school that has had that? We only get so many home games and we get 3 in a row at home in Sept in the heat in the daytime. The UK game should have been a night game.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Lambert View Post
    Isn't Interstate highway maintenance a state thing, not a county responsibility?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by R2Dawg View Post
    I'll be there +3 but we got screwed having 3 day Sept games at home. Name me one other school that has had that? We only get so many home games and we get 3 in a row at home in Sept in the heat in the daytime. The UK game should have been a night game.
    The UK game won't be so bad weather-wise. Probably still hot for September, but not miserable like the other two games have been. But yeah, night game would have been much better. I guess the night games will be reserved for when it's 20 degrees outside.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
    Isn't Interstate highway maintenance a state thing, not a county responsibility?
    If it is a state thing then the state is picking counties. I think the state gets the money for the interstates from the Feds and pass it on to the counties. I really don't know but state road, county roads and interstates seem to be different in different counties.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Lots and lots of tix under $10 on stubhub.
    People who are used to renting out condos on football weekends have to be losing a lot this year.