Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Might be another slim crowd

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Similar amount of tix available and prices on stubhub for the om game vs cal this week
    So you are saying interest in watching games in person and that lack of interest this year is similar to UM to date?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dantheman4248 View Post
    Bad take in thinking the "direction" of the program is set in stone with our coach after 16 games. We are MSU and nowhere near as bad of dire straits as FSU or UT who both put more money, have more fans, and have more history than us. We're undefeated in SEC play right now. By one measure our loss is to a ranked team. Giving up on a coach in year 2 when he was given a cupboard this bare (and he still has done a decent job filling its gaps) because his QB was hurt is a bad look IMO.

Thinking the direction is bad enough already to quit on a coach in year 2 when "his" first QB made the play of the week putting his body on the line out there. Yea, miss me with that.

If by the middle to end of year 3 there aren't results (and definitely in year 4) then skipping games based on this notion is acceptable. Our program isn't flailing. Stop being chicken little. This isn't Tennessee. We didn't lose to a bottom five team in FBS at home.
    Yeah, we stomped UL and USM and being undefeated in the SEC right now gives me hope in our 1st SEC Championship since 1941.*** The cupboard was not bare when he got here either.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    Not showing up is actually the best thing you can do when you don't agree with the direction of the program.

When the program gets right again, people will show up.
    The negativity is just overwhelming on here right now. If there is a weekend this program needs support its right now. If we look bad this weekend (which we didnt really look bad a week ago considering the circumstances, some of yall are acting like we are OM) then fine dont come but this is a big one. Im going if its the heat that scares someone away I get it, I get not going a week ago but Im going this weekend.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckyIsAB**** View Post
    The negativity is just overwhelming on here right now. If there is a weekend this program needs support its right now. If we look bad this weekend (which we didnt really look bad a week ago considering the circumstances, some of yall are acting like we are OM) then fine dont come but this is a big one. Im going if its the heat that scares someone away I get it, I get not going a week ago but Im going this weekend.
    I was there last week for every play and I guess it was worth the $ ($5 tickets outside DWS for game 3) and I will be there for KY, but I hope to see a much better product on the field! Hail State!

vCash
    I'll be there with my entire family. Hopefully snowflakes like 7 won't be there.

vCash
    My mom texted me and she's going to try and make the game this week. Coming off knee surgery a month ago, seven back surgeries through the years and also has arthritis, scoliosis, and degenerative discs.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckyIsAB**** View Post
    The amount of negativity right now tells me many of our fans feel more natural, and in order when everything sucks about MSU football. That way they have the excuse to complain, self loath, drink alcohol, and lose. This, when only about the same 4-6 programs win consistently every year and that won't change until college football, as we know it, is over and done with. Somebody help these people, please.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RezDog7 View Post
    I'll be there with my entire family. Hopefully snowflakes like 7 won't be there.
    We definitely should be encouraging people not to come. Great take

vCash
    I'll be there +3. Hail State!

vCash
    Sad folks don't support Msu with more pride. I will be there, I've seen much much worse and things aren't as bad one thinks nor as good as some say.

You are silly folks after 3 games giving up, it's way to early, recruiting can solve much of Joe's problems. He has no overall team speed, and yes injuries and suspensions have really hurt this team.

Do like I do, I am not an Nfl fan so I don't watch much, if you don't like Joe, well keep giving money, buy season tickets and give to a needy wanna be Msu fan. But mostly quit turning the TV on and watch Bama, Lsu, Georgia, Clemson and keep dreaming in your head we can be like them. Ain't gonna happen, go look at our football past, it sucks overall for 100 years but good news last few decades is a slow improving process.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LC Dawg View Post
    The TV schedule did us no favors by having 3 home games to start the season played in the heat. That coupled with last week's performance is going to keep the crowd low but I hope as we get closer to Saturday people realize the heat is not going to be that bad and more decide to come.
    Amen!

vCash
    Actively trying to sabotage the program, even if in the name of wanting to help the program, is not the answer. Phil Fulmer probably thought he was helping Tennessee when he went about sabotaging their football program during the coaching hire.

I read the board daily. Very, very rarely feel compelled to post, but Shotgun’s comment...wow.

vCash
    I'll be there. Look for the slightly overweight, nearly 50yo trumpet player in the alumni band just trying to get through Hail State one more time on Scott Field.

vCash
    Any time KY is in Starkville you can grab tickets pretty cheap. If no body is there, at least I won't have to wait very long in line for the reduced prices soft drinks or free water.

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Similar amount of tix available and prices on stubhub for the om game vs cal this week
    Will you be at the game this week?

vCash
    Not showing up is actually the best thing you can do when you don't agree with the direction of the program.

This is why you're full of shit when you say you actually support Joe.

vCash
    delete
    Last edited by LC Dawg; 09-19-2019 at 08:34 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarius View Post
    Will you be at the game this week?
    Unfortunately no, I've gotta be in Houston

vCash

Wins and loses are going to determine when you get a new coach. Not going to the game just plain hurts Miss State.

vCash
    Will be there +3 went to NOLA for the opener and then to Starkville for USM. I had to miss the KState game due to work obligations so that one is on me.