Page 128 of 148 FirstFirst ... 2878118126127128129130138 ... LastLast
Results 2,541 to 2,560 of 2950

Thread: THE 2020 MSU Football Recruiting Talk Thread

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    I'll out-negative both of you... now back to recruiting, what's our target board look like starting with long shots to actually got a good shot?
    I'm in no way an expert or know what the board will necessarily look like now, Ari/IYOK/Homedawg and others will have a good read on that stuff, but going off of what's been said on 247 for a while, seems like these names might be some we look at going forward:

OL- Jalen St. John, Quantavious Leslie, Marcus Henderson (but has hinted at wanting to play DL instead of OL), Kahlil Benson, and Dylan Spencer

OLB- Edgerrin Cooper & Devyn Curtis (if I had to guess, think this will be a spot we really see some new names pop up)

Sounds like we might look to add an older Safety possibly through the portal and same goes with WR. Or might see Rufus & Alex Adams pick up some steam at WR too.

Regardless of what HS guys we add in Feb., hopefully there's enough attrition from the current roster that we 100% go after a grad transfer WR in the portal.

vCash
    Can anyone give more information about Selman and Threatt as secondary prospects. They were probably our two least talked about recruits and we took them early despite having a ton of SEC level DB's in MS, AL, LA.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Irondawg View Post
    Can anyone give more information about Selman and Threatt as secondary prospects. They were probably our two least talked about recruits and we took them early despite having a ton of SEC level DB's in MS, AL, LA.
    Selman was a 4 star until he got injured, or committed to MSU, one or the other. Threatt is a kid that had a pretty good season in the secondary. That's all I've got.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bothrops View Post
    Selman was a 4 star until he got injured, or committed to MSU, one or the other. Threatt is a kid that had a pretty good season in the secondary. That's all I've got.
    He was a high 4 star at the beginning, like a 95. Then was a fringe low 4 star right before he committed then just kept falling

vCash
    Hinds CC Rodney Hawkins,Jr. lists himself as WR/DB on Twitter. Announced he will be furthering his football and academic career at MSU.

Preferred walk-on? Height/weight? Juco stats? Offense or Defense?

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bothrops View Post
    He got injured and went to a camp shortly after his injury. Didn't have a good showing because he was still injured. When healthy he is really good.

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    I don't believe the NCAA allows you to sign and place anymore. That doesn't mean we won't place Adams at Co-Lin. He just may not be in the class.
    We will sign and place Adams.

vCash
    I don't believe the NCAA allows you to sign and place anymore. That doesn't mean we won't place Adams at Co-Lin. He just may not be in the class.

The NCAA will allow you to sign and place, but when you do, then you can't use that scholarship for any other potential signee. You don't do that very much now (rarely), but Adams is worth the risk.
    Last edited by yjnkdawg; 12-22-2019 at 09:58 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by yjnkdawg View Post
    The NCAA will allow you to sign and place, but when you do, then you can't use that scholarship for any other potential signee. You don't do that very much now (rarely), but Adams is worth the risk.
    I agree. Especially with our wide receiver situation being what it is. Any way we can get another potential four star immediately or in two years is worth the risk.

vCash
    There's zero point in signing and placing. We're about to be at a scholarship shortage. Adams will go to CoLin and we can sign him later. There's no benefit whatsoever in a sign and place. Just let him do a commitment presser and have his day then let him sign his Juco papers.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    There's zero point in signing and placing. We're about to be at a scholarship shortage. Adams will go to CoLin and we can sign him later. There's no benefit whatsoever in a sign and place. Just let him do a commitment presser and have his day then let him sign his Juco papers.
    This.

vCash
    Actually we're typically at a self imposed shortage anyway.

vCash
    Actually we're typically at a self imposed shortage anyway.
    Wrong

vCash
    Absolutely correct, Coot!
    Praise The Lord and Go Dawgs!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leroy Jenkins View Post
    The 25 limit is for first-time enrolls, per calendar year; so as long as they had two unused schollys leftover from the previous year (and those two enroll before 2020) they count against the 2019 class not 2020.

ETA: A grad transfer also wouldn't count toward the 25 since they are not first-time awardees, they only count against the 85..... I think.
    So what is the definition of a first time enrollee? Sounds like it is a player who has not enrolled at any four year college previously?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msu15 View Post
    Wrong
    We undersigned every year except for two since 2011.

vCash
    Here's what I'm in favor of:

Doing whatever we have to do to get dynamic talent.

If our coaches think signing and placing Alex Adams gives us the best chance to get him either now or later, then that's what we should do.

You know who wins games? Teams with dynamic talent. I couldn't careless if we have 80 guys on scholarship or 85. Doesn't matter to me because those last 5 guys don't win or lose you games. Get impact players however you gotta do it. That's what wins games.

You know I'm right. So don't even attempt to argue this point.
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    Give me Adams and Harvey instead of just Adams. Because that's literally a possibility. I'll take two WRs bs one. And that signing BS doesn't matter to Adams if he knows he's going Juco. He could do a MSU signing presser and sign Juco papers without ever signing with us.
    This isn't hard to figure out.

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    If we don't sign and place him someone else will and we won't get him in 2 years. He is too good to let someone else place him. We are going to sign him because he is still being fed by everyone that they can get him eligible. In 5 months when he finds out he can't get eligible the school that signs him will place him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarius View Post
    If we don't sign and place him someone else will and we won't get him in 2 years. He is too good to let someone else place him. We are going to sign him because he is still being fed by everyone that they can get him eligible. In 5 months when he finds out he can't get eligible the school that signs him will place him.
    +1. That's the only angle that would make sense.