Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: More OM Nazi propaganda

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mimi's Babies View Post
    Thanks Random Poster..... This bunch will really LAUGH in the months to come.... I guess I could write a BOOK...... #HAILSTATE.... school calls....
    Ding ding ding -- Mimi's Babies ===> Steve Robertson??? (She or he gonna be rich when that book comes out!!!).

Get'm Mimi.

vCash
    Cornbread, I have been reading and digging up the past on some boosters from that other school..... (while SICK)....
    Just keep wondering about some of the 'boosters past'........ When one looks there are dates, times and places that go together.... Interesting....

On another note: if anyone knows anything on the lawsuit that MSU filed against the NCAA in the 1970's please supply the information. I cannot locate any info... and I was too young to remember...... haha
    The '70s: When the NCAA put us on probation, they also ruled Larry Gillard (sp?) ineligible. At that time, Miskelly's clothing store in Okolona (?) gave discounts to all college students. The NCAA claimed the discount he received was an illegal benefit. When State showed that all students at State and UNM got the discount, the NCAA documented that he got an extra $3.33 discount. State said that was not unusual, but the NCAA held their ground. They correctly "knew" that we were cheating our rears off at the time, but did not have other "proof." So they hung their hat on the $3.33 and declared Larry ineligible.

State went to court to get Larry reinstated and won the first round in local district court. Then we played him. When we lost on appeal, we had to forfeit all the games in which he played.

vCash

On another note: if anyone knows anything on the lawsuit that MSU filed against the NCAA in the 1970's please supply the information. I cannot locate any info... and I was too young to remember...... haha
    Here's a recent article with a good summary: http://maroonandwhitenation.com/2013...rd-discount-2/

Here are some from back then: https://www.washingtonpost.com/archi...=.5df2490fb6f8

This WHOLE THING was over a $12 clothing discount. The storeowner had said publicly that the discount was available to all students, not just football players, but the NCAA would not let him testify. Then the US Congress started investigating the NCAA and found they were intimidating witnesses.

http://www.nytimes.com/1978/05/25/ar...alty.html?_r=0

http://www.si.com/vault/1978/02/27/8...iven-an-airing

vCash
    Wow.... Thanks......

vCash
    I love how Nick Saban and Bama will be the Collateral Damage in this whole saga. They are facing 21 Level 1's with LOIC, Failure to Monitor, and Academic Fraud, yet they are gunning to take down Bama with 'em. :lol:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mstatefan91 View Post
    Ultimate cop out post

The "I would destroy you, but you aren't worth it" argument.

Sure way to know that someone has absolutely no idea what they are talking about.
    ^^^Was kinda thinking the same. Glad somebody else noticed. I think somebody is in over their head though.
    Last edited by Tripp McNeely; 03-20-2017 at 12:03 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LockeDawg View Post
    I love how Nick Saban and Bama will be the Collateral Damage in this whole saga. They are facing 21 Level 1's with LOIC, Failure to Monitor, and Academic Fraud, yet they are gunning to take down Bama with 'em. :lol:
    Misplaced anger. At some point their rank and file will direct their anger at the proper targets. Alas, there will likely be no Chancellor ready to eliminate their cigar boys and wannabe football power players. Our probation actually forced us to deal with Templeton and the old guard within a couple of years of probation. Unless the NCAA goes full metal SMU - which I don't see happening - the Bears will return to some modified version of their current M.O. in 4-8 years. At least though it they will be so low it will take them another 3-5 years after that to buy the interest of recruits effectively. (Unless they want to bring the NCAA down on them in a hurry)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Random Poster View Post
    MiMi is a helluva an English teacher though
    Now don't expect Mimi to translate from "Redneck to English"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Offshore Dawg View Post
    Now don't expect Mimi to translate from "Redneck to English"
    Offshore dawg. IF you ONLY knew what I know and witnessed. #hailstate....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 1bigdawg View Post
    The '70s: When the NCAA put us on probation, they also ruled Larry Gillard (sp?) ineligible. At that time, Miskelly's clothing store in Okolona (?) gave discounts to all college students. The NCAA claimed the discount he received was an illegal benefit. When State showed that all students at State and UNM got the discount, the NCAA documented that he got an extra $3.33 discount. State said that was not unusual, but the NCAA held their ground. They correctly "knew" that we were cheating our rears off at the time, but did not have other "proof." So they hung their hat on the $3.33 and declared Larry ineligible.

State went to court to get Larry reinstated and won the first round in local district court. Then we played him. When we lost on appeal, we had to forfeit all the games in which he played.
    Thank You for your information........

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MedDawg View Post
    Here's a recent article with a good summary: http://maroonandwhitenation.com/2013...rd-discount-2/

Here are some from back then: https://www.washingtonpost.com/archi...=.5df2490fb6f8

This WHOLE THING was over a $12 clothing discount. The storeowner had said publicly that the discount was available to all students, not just football players, but the NCAA would not let him testify. Then the US Congress started investigating the NCAA and found they were intimidating witnesses.

http://www.nytimes.com/1978/05/25/ar...alty.html?_r=0

http://www.si.com/vault/1978/02/27/8...iven-an-airing
    WOW Thanks so much.... this helps...