Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Has Alabama made the SEC Boring?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    Folks, this is terrible TV ......
    Yes they have and yes it is. It doesn't help that they are playing an SEC East team either. SEC East football 2010-present < SEC West basketball 2000's.

vCash
    The problem is the system. With Alabama's storied past, they are allowed to recruit players with their hands out nationally and no one seems to care. Case in point: My bears friends constantly complained about this past recruiting class. They said Bama offered "life changing" money. And if a team attempts to match their offer, like the bears have done for the past few seasons, the NCAA notices. There is a pecking order in the SEC and they system in place makes it extremely difficult to alter that order. That's why Bama is the best and with or without Saban, Bama will always remain on top of the SEC. Their down years will be few and far between.

vCash
    Acid mouth, that pic is hilarious.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Taog Redloh View Post
    ShotgunDawg do you realize you are wanting to implement the same sort of stuff that Hillary Clinton does? I mean you straight up sound like a Black Lives Matter activist.

Sort of eye opening when you look at it from that perspective, isn't it? Not saying I disagree with you, but it is what it is. And yeah, there comes a point when the rich simply have too much. But they will always find a way to exploit.

This isn't an 'across the board' thing. It's a Saban thing.
    Should we take all regulation off? If you're pure capitalist, we should go no scholarship limits and no regulation on getting players (compliance).

I'm conservative, but we're talking about a game played for entertainment. NFL, MLB, and all pro sports have ways to try and keep things competitive for a better product. I have no problem with CFB doing the same. Now if the NCAA forces teams to take a certain amount of white boys on a basketball team, then yeah, that's too much haha

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Taog Redloh View Post
    ShotgunDawg do you realize you are wanting to implement the same sort of stuff that Hillary Clinton does? I mean you straight up sound like a Black Lives Matter activist.

Sort of eye opening when you look at it from that perspective, isn't it? Not saying I disagree with you, but it is what it is. And yeah, there comes a point when the rich simply have too much. But they will always find a way to exploit.

This isn't an 'across the board' thing. It's a Saban thing.
    I agree with you completely. I don't like Hillary Clinton stuff in my social politics, but I like it in my sports.

Sports are about interest & TV, & the parity brings more interest & greater TV ratings.

What we are seeing on TV now in college football is trash & uninteresting.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Acid mouth View Post
    The problem is the system. With Alabama's storied past, they are allowed to recruit players with their hands out nationally and no one seems to care. Case in point: My bears friends constantly complained about this past recruiting class. They said Bama offered "life changing" money. And if a team attempts to match their offer, like the bears have done for the past few seasons, the NCAA notices. There is a pecking order in the SEC and they system in place makes it extremely difficult to alter that order. That's why Bama is the best and with or without Saban, Bama will always remain on top of the SEC. Their down years will be few and far between.
    if this was true, AJ Brown would be in Crimson....

While no program is squeaky clean, Bammer is much cleaner than they were in the late 90s early 00s... they just don't have to match offers anymore...
    "It is not courage to resist TUSK; It is courage to accept TUSK."

No.

Easy there buddy. Tusk is...well Tusk is Tusk. Tireddawg 12.20.17

Banned
    vCash
    You can go on and one as far as excuses as to why this has happened. Bottom line is, Alabama was one of the first programs to really invest in football, and it's paid dividends for them. There are tons and tons of sidewalk fans who are willing to give money to the football program, outside of their biggest donors. And there is plenty of talent in Alabama to start with. Yeah, they don't recruit only AL kids but that's what the foundation was built upon.

Meanwhile in MS, we split our major universities, and did nothing to grow the population. Dont' blame others for success.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TUSK View Post

While no program is squeaky clean, Bammer is much cleaner than they were in the late 90s early 00s... they just don't have to match offers anymore...
    Honestly tusk, I like you and normally don't mind you being here but GTFO ASAP please! Sick of the bama bullshit.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Noxdog View Post
    Honestly tusk, I like you and normally don't mind you being here but GTFO ASAP please! Sick of the bama bullshit.
    sorry you feel that way, buddy.

I just respond to Bammer stuff (mostly) brought up by otheres... and I almost never start any Bammer threads.

Peace.

No.

vCash
    sorry you feel that way, buddy.

I just respond to Bammer stuff (mostly) brought up by otheres... and I almost never start any Bammer threads.

Peace.
    No one hates bama football more than me, but you cool. I like you here. Just gonna have to deal with a bunch of us here that are mad at the world right now.

vCash

AJ got $350 K & I don't think Bama matched that. A buddy of mine that knows him well told me the other day. AJ told him

Banned
    vCash
    I agree with you completely. I don't like Hillary Clinton stuff in my social politics, but I like it in my sports.

Sports are about interest & TV, & the parity brings more interest & greater TV ratings.

What we are seeing on TV now in college football is trash & uninteresting.
    Haha, fair enough. And in reality - ever noticed how the things that get taken over by lib-tards are the ones that are too big to fail anyway? May as well get lib-tarded in football. You won't see many lib-tard policies in for-profit cutthroat business lines. Only in government, media and things like that, can lib-tard policies be implemented.

vCash
    AJ got $350 K & I don't think Bama matched that. A buddy of mine that knows him well told me the other day. AJ told him
    I heard similar story.

No.

Banned
    vCash
    Real Talk

vCash
    Top 10 college football matchups are supposed to be can't miss entertainment and something football fans plan their Saturdays around even if it doesn't involve their team. Bama plays #6 A&M next week and I think I'd get more entertainment watching a Lifetime movie with my wife.

vCash
    When the talent levels between Alabama and everyone else is so different, it's a terrible product.

Ask yourself what you love about college football.

I love the pageantry, stadiums, noise, passion, rivalries, & playing for the pride of a state and university, but I don't really like the game itself and the competition.

The potential of college football is so much greater than what we are currently seeing. The system alienates 90% of the fans. What business would want to do that?
    How about we try to beat them instead of crying about how good they are, which is partly our fault for not recruiting and sucking as bad as we do

vCash

Y'all won't get every player you offer but no one bats an eye when you get a 5 star OT from Texas or 5 star WR from Ohio. If a bottom tier SEC does it, they get a 4 year NCAA colonoscopy. Now the bears also screwed up by attempting to build a powerhouse overnight as opposed to taking several seasons. That's asking for an anal probe. Let me also add that the only team I hate more than the bears is the tide

vCash
    65 scholarships
    4 year scholarships
    If a kid gets hurt or kicked off the team, he is immediately eligible to transfer to any school he wants, even SEC schools.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GTHOM View Post
    How about we try to beat them instead of crying about how good they are, which is partly our fault for not recruiting and sucking as bad as we do
    Such an MSU attitude here. We & everyone else have been trying for 100 years & nothing has changed. At some point, maybe it's not just us & maybe the system has something to do with it

Your statement has nothing to do with my argument. I agree with you, we should do everything we can to catch up with them. No doubt.

However, if I'm a CBS or ESPN TV rep, I'm calling for rule changes because my games suck & the current rules are alienating 90% of power 5 college football fans
    Last edited by ShotgunDawg; 10-15-2016 at 06:09 PM.

vCash
    Y'all won't get every player you offer but no one bats an eye when you get a 5 star OT from Texas or 5 star WR from Ohio. If a bottom tier SEC does it, they get a 4 year NCAA colonoscopy. Now the bears also screwed up by attempting to build a powerhouse overnight as opposed to taking several seasons. That's asking for an anal probe. Let me also add that the only team I hate more than the bears is the tide
    all of that is true... however, when a perennial 30-50 ranked recruiting team shoots to top 10, there's usually something fishy going on....

Like you said, it needs to be gradual... and it can be done...

No.