Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: So what happens when I ignore the no smoking on campus rule

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by EdDawg View Post
    The smoking area is actually very large. All you do is go to the very edge of campus, take one more step, and boom you're there.

You're welcome, smoke all you want.
    Well played.

vCash
    I don't smoke, but I'm a heck of a lot more upset seeing the mess left at the junction after a game (largely by students), than someone smoking a cigar. I wish our SA would concentrate on that real problem, rather than addressing non-issues.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IMissJack View Post
    I don't smoke, but I'm a heck of a lot more upset seeing the mess left at the junction after a game (largely by students), than someone smoking a cigar. I wish our SA would concentrate on that real problem, rather than addressing non-issues.
    The mess is generally cleaned up by the end of the next day. Doesn't make it ok, but it isn't like it sits there 24/7 after the first home football game.
    LFC YNWA

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mstatefan91 View Post
    The mess is generally cleaned up by the end of the next day. Doesn't make it ok, but it isn't like it sits there 24/7 after the first home football game.
    I just don't understand trashing our own campus. It's not that difficult to throw things away.

vCash
    I just don't understand trashing our own campus. It's not that difficult to throw things away.
    Amen! And where are the ****ing recycling bins!! It's like we are ****ing savages **. Just kidding, I agree with you.

vCash
    All good or bad about the smoking thing aside, when I was a kid (I'm getting older) one of the things I really remember is the smell of a stadium when you walked in. The cigars gave it a unique smell that was only at a game.

vCash
    All good or bad about the smoking thing aside, when I was a kid (I'm getting older) one of the things I really remember is the smell of a stadium when you walked in. The cigars gave it a unique smell that was only at a game.
    you kids notice everything, don't you?

Senior Member Interpolation_Dawg_EX's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenheadDawg View Post
    Amen! And where are the ****ing recycling bins!! It's like we are ****ing savages **. Just kidding, I agree with you.
    While we're being progressive and shit, let's ban alcohol on campus. We'd be the first school in Mississippi to do it, it would reduce trash in the junction, prevent alcohol poisoning among young frat stars, and decrease liver disease and digestive organ cancers ten fold.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by missouridawg View Post
    How about respect your fellow humans and university and obey the policy... ?
    I don't smoke. I quit dipping and chewing awhile back.... but my reply is still the same. How about no.

They can kiss ass.

If I did smoke I wouldn't do it around people, and I was discreet about dipping. It's called courtesy. But this shit is getting ridiculous.

If I still dipped, I'd still do it, and they would never know if i was. And if they did, I'd still dip next game
    Not only did Mississippi State embarrass LSU on this night. Davis Wade Stadium wrecked Tiger Stadium in music choice, atmosphere and, most of all, volume.

When I'm 80 and deaf, it's not going to be all those Springsteen concerts or Queen at Municipal Auditorium in New Orleans on Halloween Night in 1978, it will be this game...............Glen Guilbeau--Sherveport Times

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Interpolation_Dawg_EX View Post
    While we're being progressive and shit, let's ban alcohol on campus. We'd be the first school in Mississippi to do it, it would reduce trash in the junction, prevent alcohol poisoning among young frat stars, and decrease liver disease and digestive organ cancers ten fold.
    I'm pretty sure it is banned. When he was governor, Haley signed something that let the local city and county laws govern alcohol on campus which meant all of our campus was wet for liquor and part of it was wet for beer. Not long afterwards a group of drunk students killed a cop at UNM when he got hung up on their mirror when they sped off during a traffic stop. When that happened, Haley rescinded what he had just signed and alcohol was again illegal on campus. I don't think anything has been passed since then making it legal. I could be wrong though.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Spiderman View Post
    I don't smoke. I quit dipping and chewing awhile back.... but my reply is still the same. How about no.

They can kiss ass.

If I did smoke I wouldn't do it around people, and I was discreet about dipping. It's called courtesy. But this shit is getting ridiculous.

If I still dipped, I'd still do it, and they would never know if i was. And if they did, I'd still dip next game
    You're exactly right. I'm currently trying to quit dipping but when I do I never spit on the ground or pull out a nasty spit bottle around people. If you smoke that's your own business. People just have to be courteous to others who don't like cigarette smoke.

vCash

Founder of Summer's Eve
    vCash
    Wait let me get this straight? Public university mostly paid for by public money, I.E. Taxpayer dollars, says the very persons who make the institution, cannot light up a cigarette? I don't smoke and don't like the smell, but I don't think I should tell someone they cannot do something they enjoy. Who are they harming but themselves? (Don't bring your stupid bullshit insubstantied second hand propaganda). It's false. Go piss up a rope. The PC police are taking over our once beloved university.

Here's an idea, how about we let the participants whom lay for something decide the agenda and policies, not what the f*ck some unsubstantiated half ass review/study says? Does that require too much thinking on our parts? If you can decide between regular and peanut M&M's you should be able to logically reason that people should be able to smoke in their own space without consequence.

You anti smoking brain dead oblivious backers, just you wait. Alcohol could be next. You all give these liberal, tell someone else what to do, agendas the befit of the doubt, thinking they'll never come for something I enjoy. That's where you are starkly wrong. Here's a little insight. They don't stop. Never stop. If you give a mouse a cookie, he's gonna want a glass of milk. If you give him a glass of milk, he's gonna ask for a straw to stir the milk. Look the book up and you'll see that these people are never satisfied.

vCash
    You are one closed minded ****ing idiot Rouge. There's a reason many places are adopting laws saying you can't smoke in certain places including within so many feet of doors and entryways.
    Furthermore it's called common courtesy as others have noted. Why should I have to tell someone to put out a damn cancer stick when I want to breath air. They should go to a designated area so they can kill each other.
    Furthermore if you really want to get into it... Talk about something with proven cancer connections and should be illegal... If not for big money donors.

vCash
    And this doesn't have shit to do with football. Moved