Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Straight talk on Lashley from West Point...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    The coaches were talking visits at school- thats just how many times they visited at WPHS. Obviously there was more at home by all teams. They go above and beyond- we dont
    Does visiting at school count like an in home? Maybe they would rather recruit at their home with the family than at their school. Sounds to me like these kids just want to be seen in public with these coaches so they can tell their friends to look at ME ME ME! Who really knows with kids, but it sounds to me they are trying to cover their own ass. But, this statement by no means is covering for our coaches lack of recruiting success today either. They better tighten their ass up too.

Disregard my question. Been answered multiple times since I posted this and read through the thread
    Last edited by Bdawg; 02-03-2016 at 11:45 PM.

Founder of Summer's Eve
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    I also wonder if this is why Mullen keeps losing defensive coaches?

I wonder if new guys come on this staff and see the favoritism attitude that Mullen shows towards "his boys" which all coach on offense, and the defensive guys feel like 2nd rate citizens in the building.

I don't know what the problem is, but I want answers. This CANNOT happen again and Mullen must bring stability to the staff.

The coaching staff needs come together and figure this out.
    Believe you are on to something here. Too many different independent variables are all pointing toward one conclusion. We have had multiple defensive coordinators leave for lateral or slight bump up moves. We now have a half decade pattern of comments from recruits, their parents, and their coaches. And these recruits aren't just going to the same school and having that school narrate their rhetoric. We have recruits flipping and going elsewhere, but all singing the same tune about Hev and Dan. It's not coincidence people. Wake the f*ck up and see reality.

vCash
    I wonder if AJ was tweeting that crap when he backed into a car in Starkville this afternoon?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeastMan View Post
    Ask your sources about the Crimson Toyota Tundra
    Brand new red one in the driveway this morning

vCash
    Of course both of them are going to play this card. Bottom line is they choose to go else where which they had the right. Now they have to face the consequences of people trashing them. Move on its over

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Brahmabull View Post
    I wonder if AJ was tweeting that crap when he backed into a car in Starkville this afternoon?
    Haha. That would hilarious if true. Just foreshadowing the rest his career

vCash
    Head Coaches only get one in home visit, but they can visit the school, etc as much as they like........

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 1bigdawg View Post
    Head Coaches only get one in home visit, but they can visit the school, etc as much as they like........
    Not the head coach. He is very limited on off campus visits. 3 off campus visits and one of those is at a game where he cannot interact with a player.

Also, from the end of Nov until Jan 31 of this year (except the quite and dead period times when no off campus contact or no contact at all is allowed) you only have a total of 6 off campus contacts by the coaching staff and NO more than one a week.
    Last edited by Really Clark?; 02-04-2016 at 02:00 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Could just be 2 kids (lashley and aj) justifying their decision to their pro-state community
    I haven't read this entire thread ust on page 1 but I think this has alot to do with it. 2 guys a stones throw away from campus and probably feeling the need to justify their decision - I'm sure there was alot of local pressure.

I get AJ to an extent cause he seemed to attention grab on twitter quite alot. ole missus recruiting style pretty much catered to him. the Lashley thing is just mind boggling tho. I thought dan handled the questions about him well tho and with class.

I could be wrong I know nothing of how our staff handled recruiting - but I call bs that we never saw these guys or "showed them love." I'd have respected them more if they'd had the balls to say they wanted to play away from home - and wouldn't have blamed em for it
    Do I not look like a pothouse? Six foot down the bar. Go on, jog on, walk on, goodbye, bon voyage, **** off.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sacrifice View Post
    AJ is tweeting he can count on one hand how many times Mullen came and saw him. Looks like we're gonna have another CJ Johnson here.
    attention seeking and evidently an OM mouthpiece already - that was quick. I'm sure he'll be a great player but I'll take a kobe jones with HIS attitude all day over that drama bullshit.
    Do I not look like a pothouse? Six foot down the bar. Go on, jog on, walk on, goodbye, bon voyage, **** off.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Really Clark? View Post
    Not the head coach. He is very limited on off campus visits. 3 off campus visits and one of those is at a game where he cannot interact with a player.

Also, from the end of Nov until Jan 31 of this year (except the quite and dead period times when no off campus contact or no contact at all is allowed) you only have a total of 6 off campus contacts by the coaching staff and NO more than one a week.

Knives, gunfights.

A coach can go to a high school to visit high school coaches where the recruit just might happen to be present.

WAKE THE **** UP PEOPLE!!!

We are Croom+ level of crootin!

Did you know Ole Miss threw a big shin dig on NSD night in the IPF for boosters who helped the program?

(What, they can do that?)

You're ****ing right they can and they do.

Folks our recruiting is not in the same ball park as Ole Miss. Not even the same league. Hell, not even the same damn sport. We are picking daisies while they are slaying giants. Get ready to never win the egg bowl again until this changes. Their program is whiping their ass with our's.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PassInterference View Post
    Knives, gunfights.

A coach can go to a high school to visit high school coaches where the recruit just might happen to be present.

Did you know Ole Miss threw a big shin dig on NSD night in the IPF for boosters who helped the program?

Folks our recruiting is not in the same ball park as Ole Miss. Not even the same league. Hell, not even the same damn sport. We are picking daisies while they are slaying giants. Get ready to never win the egg bowl again until this changes. Their program is whiping their ass with our's.
    Auburn recruits even better than om and we're having success against them.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PassInterference View Post
    Knives, gunfights.

That's not true at all. Just being at the athletes school even with no dialog counts as an off campus contact. You are limited to one per week and 6 total during the recruiting season. The head can come 1 time. Period