Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Dan's gotta go.

vCash
    ^^^Hughes is leaving. Unless it's a done deal, Dan want leave this gravy train. Scott will get cussed out if he suggests coaching changes to Dan. Now there are people who can demand change but they don't work for MSU.

Boomhauer
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bluelightstar View Post
    Those teams have been leaving Mullen in the recruiting dust so I think they'll be alright
    And not to mention the bears are loosing alot but look at there recuiting they are number 6 right now, we are 40.

vCash
    Here is a difference in our recruiting versus theirs:

They will probably sign the nations top offensive tackle in Greg Little. We still haven't committed Johnnie Cooks' nephew from West Point on the offensive line. There are three or four studs in the golden triangle area and we don't have any of them committed yet.

vCash
    You don't ever keep a coach over a recruiting class- especially one ranked in the 40's
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    Just seeing a bigger picture. Thinking in terms of what we have returning that's is a plus... Certain aspects of the OL is not bad. What we need is already here and we are recruiting the other. We will have a better line. Defense... Over all better. Example.. Jiles. Look who he showed up tonight. We return a lot of great pieces and have either redshirted or have others coming in.

When I see that vs ole Mis and what they lose. I like that. LSU.... So! Tamu.. Not a problem. Ark.. Loses a lot. Mainly the only qb they have. The only team that worries me next year is Bama. The rest will be up for grabs.
    Well we have resulted to basing next year on teams losing guys? Not that we are going to be loaded due to recruiting and experience? Nope, ole miss is losing this and that, Arky and LSU blah blah blah! Garbage. NO! Take that shit somewhere else. Recruit better, coach better, do the complete opposite of what our staff did this past week.

vCash
    My biggest problem with Mullen is he picked the fight with UM and now he is having his ass handed to him and he doesn't seem to really care. If that is the trade off to beating Kentucky and USM I think I'd rather pay Monken 1.3M for the same results.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CadaverDawg View Post
    I'd like to see Dan stay, but fire Hevesy & Sallach...and bring in an offensive line coach and an OC that can recruit. We may need to fire Hughes as well, or reassign him to recruiting only, Bc our safety play sucks. We have two glaring weaknesses, & are solid everywhere else. OL and Secondary gotta get fixed now. The only other issue is our preparation and play calling in big games. Dan is dropping the ball big time in big games...it's like we peak emotionally BEFORE the game instead of during it....and Dan totally tightens up in the biggest games in his play calling. He's gotta either get it fixed or hire an OC that can handle focusing on the play calling.

I do not agree with Mullen NEEDING to go. That is just overreaction to losing a home Egg Bowl IMO. He may take another job, but we'll see. That's the only way he's leaving...Scott would never fire him with this level of success, nor should he. But changes should be made for sure within the staff. Hevesy & Sallach are worthless.
    My man, everything but Hughes. HE HAS too Stay. Spot on bro.

Ever Been to Gloster?? cheewgumm's Avatar
    vCash
    It's just time. Mullen has done well here. Congrats, now let's move on.

We have to keep growing. We are regressing and I bet that is why he is trying to get out. And he's right and I'm not offended. It happens. Someone else has to take the next step.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CadaverDawg View Post
    I'd like to see Dan stay, but fire Hevesy & Sallach...and bring in an offensive line coach and an OC that can recruit. We may need to fire Hughes as well, or reassign him to recruiting only, Bc our safety play sucks. We have two glaring weaknesses, & are solid everywhere else. OL and Secondary gotta get fixed now. The only other issue is our preparation and play calling in big games. Dan is dropping the ball big time in big games...it's like we peak emotionally BEFORE the game instead of during it....and Dan totally tightens up in the biggest games in his play calling. He's gotta either get it fixed or hire an OC that can handle focusing on the play calling.

I do not agree with Mullen NEEDING to go. That is just overreaction to losing a home Egg Bowl IMO. He may take another job, but we'll see. That's the only way he's leaving...Scott would never fire him with this level of success, nor should he. But changes should be made for sure within the staff. Hevesy & Sallach are worthless.
    Agree 100%. walking out of the stadium I said we needed a real OC and a new oline coach. dan is a great qb developer but damn his playcalling us horrible

as u said, the fire mullen diatribe is simple overreaction
    Do I not look like a pothouse? Six foot down the bar. Go on, jog on, walk on, goodbye, bon voyage, **** off.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Noxdog View Post
    My man, everything but Hughes. HE HAS too Stay. Spot on bro.
    Hughes can stay and not coach.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyQuid View Post
    Agree 100%. walking out of the stadium I said we needed a real OC and a new oline coach. dan is a great qb developer but damn his playcalling us horrible

as u said, the fire mullen diatribe is simple overreaction
    Once again, you won't get any of those things with Dan here.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    Just seeing a bigger picture. Thinking in terms of what we have returning that's is a plus... Certain aspects of the OL is not bad. What we need is already here and we are recruiting the other. We will have a better line. Defense... Over all better. Example.. Jiles. Look who he showed up tonight. We return a lot of great pieces and have either redshirted or have others coming in.

When I see that vs ole Mis and what they lose. I like that. LSU.... So! Tamu.. Not a problem. Ark.. Loses a lot. Mainly the only qb they have. The only team that worries me next year is Bama. The rest will be up for grabs.
    What aspect of the oline look good to you. That is the worst oline in the SEC and one of the worst in the power 5 conferences. It is absolutely horrific to watch that shat show week after week. Our last two seasons have been held back by the oline or really the lack of. Can't sustain a drive can't move anyone. Get beaten like a rented government mules redheaded step child. Hev needs to go, but won't. Tgat is the problem.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubb Rubb View Post
    Once again, you won't get any of those things with Dan here.
    oh. sorry dan
    Do I not look like a pothouse? Six foot down the bar. Go on, jog on, walk on, goodbye, bon voyage, **** off.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coursesuper View Post
    What aspect of the oline look good to you. That is the worst oline in the SEC and one of the worst in the power 5 conferences. It is absolutely horrific to watch that shat show week after week. Our last two seasons have been held back by the oline or really the lack of. Can't sustain a drive can't move anyone. Get beaten linke a rented government mules redheaded step child. Hev needs to go, but won't. Tgat is the problem.
    You left off the timely holding penalties and like-clockwork false starts in the redzone.

vCash
    Again, we're not going to fire him. So who exactly is going to hire a coach who can't win the big game? Crickets. We're stuck with him for better or worse.

Harbaugh, Meyer and dantonio would coach absolute circles around Mullen if he ended up in that division
    Last edited by MafiaDawg; 11-29-2015 at 01:35 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubb Rubb View Post
    You left off the timely holding penalties and like-clockwork false starts in the redzone.
    Those are just the bonuses we get with the fine coaching or oline recives. Along with fat and slow we get stupid to go along with it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coursesuper View Post
    What aspect of the oline look good to you. That is the worst oline in the SEC and one of the worst in the power 5 conferences. It is absolutely horrific to watch that shat show week after week. Our last two seasons have been held back by the oline or really the lack of. Can't sustain a drive can't move anyone. Get beaten like a rented government mules redheaded step child. Hev needs to go, but won't. Tgat is the problem.
    Our issues all year have been mainly due to the play of OTs. Those are going to be vastly improved next season with the addition of a few juco players. The OL was not horrible last year. At all. That OL was the reason Dak had his success. And if you watch this line, this season..... As the season progressed we made strides in shedding the first assignments and making it into the second level.

The sacks... Go back and look... Most were created by the OTs not being god enough.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Statecoachingblows** View Post
    Well we have resulted to basing next year on teams losing guys? Not that we are going to be loaded due to recruiting and experience? Nope, ole miss is losing this and that, Arky and LSU blah blah blah! Garbage. NO! Take that shit somewhere else. Recruit better, coach better, do the complete opposite of what our staff did this past week.
    Wow! Amazed at what people only comprehend what they want to out of what they read!

We will be loaded next year. I believe next year is going to be the most talented roster we have had under Mullen! At the same time, I believe our main competition will be down