Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Barrett Sallee goes full-retard, again, this morning

vCash

Barrett Sallee goes full-retard, again, this morning

Just gonna leave this here...

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...ractice/page/6

Funny, in regards to us. he says it is the "Grand Canyon" to go from a lower tier bowl team to an SEC West contender, but yet we had a 4th quarter lead on the road against Auburn, and played Bama very well.

And, we also beat Ole Miss, who doesn't have a right tackle, with our 3rd string QB playing most of the game, yet for some unknown reason, the "Grand Canyon" between a lower tier bowl, which the Music City is, and contending is much less for them.

I have shamefully been reading Sallee for a few years now, and here is his biggest problem. He isn't consistent. He uses one piece of criteria or checklist to explain why one team is ranked where they are, and completely different set of criteria/checklist to explain another team that has the same talent and flaws as the other team.

This leads to massive inconsistency in logic, and contradictory statements and rankings. Simply, he tries to pump out as many articles as he can, without spending the necessary time or concentration to write a good one.

vCash
    He's an Auburn asshole. What do you expect?

Geezer
    vCash
    He is a rebel homer most of the time, don't be fooled. I pay about as much attention to him as I do Barrack Obama.

Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...ractice/page/6

Funny, in regards to us. he says it is the "Grand Canyon" to go from a lower tier bowl team to an SEC West contender, but yet we had a 4th quarter lead on the road against Auburn, and played Bama very well.

And, we also beat Ole Miss, who doesn't have a right tackle, with our 3rd string QB playing most of the game, yet for some unknown reason, the "Grand Canyon" between a lower tier bowl, which the Music City is, and contending is much less for them.

I have shamefully been reading Sallee for a few years now, and here is his biggest problem. He isn't consistent. He uses one piece of criteria or checklist to explain why one team is ranked where they are, and completely different set of criteria/checklist to explain another team that has the same talent and flaws as the other team.

This leads to massive inconsistency in logic, and contradictory statements and rankings. Simply, he tries to pump out as many articles as he can, without spending the necessary time or concentration to write a good one.

Banned
    vCash
    The gap this year is between Alabama/Auburn and the rest.

Until we take respect, no one will give it to us. Oh, we are supposed to be special for playing Auburn a good game? What about when La Tech played us a good game in 2011? Shit goes both ways.
    Last edited by Goat Holder; 04-27-2014 at 12:39 PM.

vCash

He's a horrible writer that's always spoken outta both sides of his mouth. I don't

even read his garbage anymore. When we whip their ass this year in Starkville, he'll have a thousand excuses.

vCash

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...ractice/page/6 Simply, he tries to pump out as many articles as he can, without spending the necessary time or concentration to write a good one.
    That's called the Bleacher Report business model and it's why you should ignore that entire network of "journalists".

Banned
    vCash
    If ifs and buts were candy and nuts, we'd all have a Merry Christmas. Just because we came close doesn't mean anything. Until we're in the win column of some of these big games, we won't garner any respect or expectations from writers and analysts. OM deserves more respect because they upset LSU last year and have recruited at a higher level (according to those, whose opinions matter).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DapperDawg View Post
    If ifs and buts were candy and nuts, we'd all have a Merry Christmas. Just because we came close doesn't mean anything. Until we're in the win column of some of these big games, we won't garner any respect or expectations from writers and analysts. OM deserves more respect because they upset LSU last year and have recruited at a higher level (according to those, whose opinions matter).
    But yet OM lost to us (nobody) and finished behind us for how many straight years?

vCash
    So, his order is:

1. Auburn - this makes sense. I watched some of the spring game & the QB wasn't as impressive as you would think going against walk-on scout teams. He did miss some throws that the article says he made. I'd say the same for the RBs as any 2nd or even 3rd string SEC player wouldn't have allowed those runs they made. I agree with Aub @ #1 solely due to Gus and his play calling though.
    2. Bama - Their OL won't be typical Bama elite this year and AJ masked some of that last year. Stop the RBs and you have a chance to beat them in 2014. ALOT of pressure on Coker.
    3. TSUN - They did beat LSU last year. I think Nkem @ DT fulltime will show that he's SEC avg. I don't recall him wreaking havoc & his only shot at being really disruptive is at end, but he's not fast enough at end. Everyone knows their OL can be trouble. Engram being back will help their slot passing.
    4. LSU - if we get beat by a true fr qb, true fr rb, true fr WR & a depleted defense, we'll never beat them.
    5. TXAM - no more Johnny fball. all there is to say.
    6. MSU - wildcard of the entire west. all the pieces are in place. just need to go do it on the field. They could finish anywhere 1-6.
    7. ARK- I think they get 6 wins b/c coach knows how to run the fball. He'll have some gigantic seasoned OL too.

If I had to rank them today, I'd go:

1. Bama - Saban will have a kicker in place, @ home vs Aub, & won't allow his QB to beat himself.
    2. Aub - losing the RB will hurt. Defense will be better than they are due to their offense.
    3 - 5. I can see MSU, LSU, OM in any order. Will depend on how good the QBs play
    6-7 - TXAM & Ark.

vCash

You should have heard him on Auburn Sports Radio Show this past week.

This is what he and the Auburn guys talked about on the radio:

1) Nick Marshall is the most improved passer maybe in Auburn history from season to season and will throw for 3,000 yards and rush for 1,000 based on his Spring Game.
    2) This is the deepest group of WRs in Auburn history (yes they literally said that and it's a damn insult to when Ben Obamanu, Devin Aromashadu, Courtney Taylor, and Anthony Mix were all on the same team)
    3) Auburn's defense will be one of the best in the league and they are deep everywhere
    4) Dee Ford will be fairly easy to replace because all of their freshmen coming in are amazing and will contribute immediately
    5) Tre Mason will be easily replaced because Auburn has maybe the deepest RB group in the SEC and possibly the nation

It's nuts down here. Auburn apparently thinks they have the best everything in the conference right now. They are blowing some serious smoke up their fans asses. Do I think they will be good? Yeah no doubt. May be better than last year. But you can't tell me that a last second drive at home against us, a 70 yard miracle tipped TD pass on 4th and 18 at home against UGA, and a 109 FG return for a TD to end the Iron Bowl means Auburn is the conference champion shoe in, which is what they are saying down here.

They still have some holes on defense and will still be relatively young and inexperienced at some positions. I don't see them going undefeated because I think a good defense will stop their offense on the road at least once this year. Wouldn't be surprised if we beat them after they take LSU at home and I wouldn't be surprised if they lose 2 out of their final 6 which included SC, @OM, TAMU, @ UGA, Samford, and @Bama. Disciplined, athletic defense that tackle well in space can stop Auburn. I think us, UGA, OM, and Bama will all have that on defense, especially at the point of attack with the front 7.
    Last edited by MetEdDawg; 04-27-2014 at 06:37 PM.

vCash
    The fact that he mentioned Bohanna as a returning "leader" on defense tells you he knows ZERO about our football program, as expected. This list is nothing more than preconceived rankings based off of recruiting "rankings", journalist bias and athletics department budget size.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by UMCDawg16 View Post
    The fact that he mentioned Bohanna as a returning "leader" on defense tells you he knows ZERO about our football program, as expected. This list is nothing more than preconceived rankings based off of recruiting "rankings", journalist bias and athletics department budget size.
    Yes, it's quite humorous that he says "post spring rankings" when he never saw us or OM play this spring. How would he know?

vCash
    Yes, it's quite humorous that he says "post spring rankings" when he never saw us or OM play this spring. How would he know?
    The same way my cat knows he's about to get a bath or go to the vet. It's a mystery. Difference is cat is usually right.
    The Liberation will not be televised--- when it arrives like lightning in the skies!

Banned
    vCash
    Auburn's going to lose at least 2 or 3 games this year minimum. They'll be ready to run Marshall out of town by November.

vCash
    I agree on Auburn/ their schedule is rough with 4 tough road games

as far as OM- I keep seeing Treadwell is going to take Moncrief's place- and that's fine. Paidwell is very good. But who is going to take Logan's place and Treadwell's place from last year? One thing is for damn sure- OM won't be as good in the slot as they were last year.
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Does Treadwell have Moncrief's breakaway speed? I doubt it.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    as far as OM- I keep seeing Treadwell is going to take Moncrief's place- and that's fine. Paidwell is very good. But who is going to take Logan's place and Treadwell's place from last year? One thing is for damn sure- OM won't be as good in the slot as they were last year.
    Yep, I laugh my ass off when I see people saying this. It's about as football ignorant as you can possibly be. They lost Mike Wallace and their offense could do SHIT against anybody decent for 3/4 of the year. That's what this will be like. I'll say it....Moncrief is better than Paidwell....and they'll find out after this season.....for them and whatever team drafts Moncrief.

vCash
    I don't know if Moncrief is better overall than Paidwell- once they mature. But what I do know is that OM's talent level at WR is not as good as it was last year as a whole. They lost Logan and a top 3 round draft pick. What they are replacing them with is not as good.

Now they have OL issues as well. Their offense will still be pretty good- but when they have OL injuries, and they will- they are going to have some problems
    Last edited by Coach34; 04-28-2014 at 11:07 AM.
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

Banned
    vCash
    Delete....mis read it

vCash
    I'm just not sure what TSUN's "identity" on offense is gonna be. It's damn sure not gonna be running the ball between the tackles, and they dont have anyone that can stretch the field or blow the top of the defense. Treadwell is is physical and has good hands, but he's not a burner....