PDA

View Full Version : Wyatt film study

Pages : [1] 2

BlackSailsDawg
09-26-2023, 12:35 PM
As you watch, verify what I am saying. In each 11 personnel, somebody misses or does not understand what is going on, and it's not just Goede.

- At the 1:30 mark, we get an OT not understanding the blocking scheme in a 11 personnel. And that totally puts us behind the chains because Marks is TFL. Same play, Goede does not pick up the LB. That keeps Marks for bouncing the other direction.

- 23 minute mark. Jones lunges forward on a passing play and it allowed 11 to break through. 11 does not have the speed to get to Rogers before the throw but is close. Rogers stands in and takes the hit on the TD pass. Geode makes his block. With Bama, we are going to have people blaming Rogers because Bama is faster. That's a sack, batted, or worse a fumble. If we are taking shots down field, it can not be from a 11 personnel... yet.

- 32 minute mark. Again with the TE in, we see a bad play design or we have to check out of that call. Just a total break down on the OL.

- 35 minute Mark. Again, TE in and this time, Either Rogers or Marks got the call wrong. The play action, Rogers turns left, Marks goes Right. So Rogers PA to air. It turned into a great throw by Rogers and Block by Woody.... which is a SACK if he does not, because again... the OL is not grasping it.Both G and OT are beaten.

- 38:38 minute mark shows the wrong PA mess up, but turned out great.

- 51 minute mark. TE in... Another example of the OT not blocking. Result, Hits the QB and it's ruled (right or wrong) a fumble.

- 55 Minute mark.. Run bust due to the OL in that set not grasping it.

- If you look at 7:30, you will see the wide splits. ZERO ability to get to the QB because they understand it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RekJepJKNO4

I will say this, we need to mix it up. But we need to do that other ways. This staff has really not done a great job installing the offense with the line. Just opinion here, if we do much of this against Bama, we are going to see about 5 sacks due to the OL in this scheme.

Jarius
09-26-2023, 12:58 PM
As you watch, verify what I am saying. In each 11 personnel, somebody misses or does not understand what is going on, and it's not just Goede.

- At the 1:30 mark, we get an OT not understanding the blocking scheme in a 11 personnel. And that totally puts us behind the chains because Marks is TFL. Same play, Goede does not pick up the LB. That keeps Marks for bouncing the other direction.

- 23 minute mark. Jones lunges forward on a passing play and it allowed 11 to break through. 11 does not have the speed to get to Rogers before the throw but is close. Rogers stands in and takes the hit on the TD pass. Geode makes his block. With Bama, we are going to have people blaming Rogers because Bama is faster. That's a sack, batted, or worse a fumble. If we are taking shots down field, it can not be from a 11 personnel... yet.

- 32 minute mark. Again with the TE in, we see a bad play design or we have to check out of that call. Just a total break down on the OL.

- 35 minute Mark. Again, TE in and this time, Either Rogers or Marks got the call wrong. The play action, Rogers turns left, Marks goes Right. So Rogers PA to air. It turned into a great throw by Rogers and Block by Woody.... which is a SACK if he does not, because again... the OL is not grasping it.Both G and OT are beaten.

- 38:38 minute mark shows the wrong PA mess up, but turned out great.

- 51 minute mark. TE in... Another example of the OT not blocking. Result, Hits the QB and it's ruled (right or wrong) a fumble.

- 55 Minute mark.. Run bust due to the OL in that set not grasping it.

- If you look at 7:30, you will see the wide splits. ZERO ability to get to the QB because they understand it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RekJepJKNO4

I will say this, we need to mix it up. But we need to do that other ways. This staff has really not done a great job installing the offense with the line. Just opinion here, if we do much of this against Bama, we are going to see about 5 sacks due to the OL in this scheme.

Rogers is who he is. He's not mobile and if he does run he's very likely to fumble the football. He really can't help a lot of it. His physical limitations make it difficult for him to play behind an OL like ours. That being said, as a coach you either have to do something to mask those deficiencies on the OL and Rogers lack of mobility within the pocket or you've got to put someone else back there at quarterback to give us a chance when we play elite defensive fronts. Just continuing to do the same shit we have done for 20 years against Saban is stupid. If after the first 2 series it is obvious that we can't block them, Barbay better have something else ready to go. If he doesn't at least try some sort of alternative strategy he is not a very good OC.

BlackSailsDawg
09-26-2023, 01:11 PM
Rogers is who he is. He's not mobile and if he does run he's very likely to fumble the football. He really can't help a lot of it. His physical limitations make it difficult for him to play behind an OL like ours. That being said, as a coach you either have to do something to mask those deficiencies on the OL and Rogers lack of mobility within the pocket or you've got to put someone else back there at quarterback to give us a chance when we play elite defensive fronts. Just continuing to do the same shit we have done for 20 years against Saban is stupid. If after the first 2 series it is obvious that we can't block them, Barbay better have something else ready to go. If he doesn't at least try some sort of alternative strategy he is not a very good OC.

I don't care who you put back there, the out come is going to be the same.

Jarius
09-26-2023, 02:18 PM
I don't care who you put back there, the out come is going to be the same.

Maybe so, but not at least trying to put someone back there that can avoid a pass rush is criminal. Will is going to get decapitated if we play the same way up front as we did against LSU. Making them account for 11 instead of ten could possibly allow us to move the football. Like I said, let's see how the first couple of drives go and then adjust accordingly. Just letting someone that can't move continually get killed is stupid.

Cooterpoot
09-26-2023, 02:26 PM
We hired the wrong people. These guys have been working on this offense for months and people have no idea what they're doing a lot of times. That's poor coaching and preparation. Our good ole boy network staff is lost. Will had to tell the damn OC what sets to use. The guy couldn't even figure shit out.

Lord McBuckethead
09-26-2023, 02:47 PM
We hired the wrong people. These guys have been working on this offense for months and people have no idea what they're doing a lot of times. That's poor coaching and preparation. Our good ole boy network staff is lost. Will had to tell the damn OC what sets to use. The guy couldn't even figure shit out.

And he and Will should have had that conversation daily since spring.

bigbub50
09-26-2023, 03:03 PM
Just a thought, OL busts happen to most teams throughout the course of a game, but when you have mobility at qb, a lot of these errors are not magnified. When you have a statue playing qb, you can?t have any busts and when you do have busts, they are magnified much more.

You can?t win big in today college football without mobility at the qb position, especially when you are playing against better talent more often than not.

Cooterpoot
09-26-2023, 03:06 PM
And he and Will should have had that conversation daily since spring.

Yep, it just shows a total lack of communication and ability to adapt to the talent. It took 4 games to do that. Just ridiculous. I can't imagine Dan Mullen not getting things handled. He adapted his offenses (not always perfectly- see Russell) to his talent. Our personnel dictates we aren't a ground and pound, but Barbay beat that shit in the ground until he got embarrassed. It's amateur hour in our football program.

CaptainObvious
09-26-2023, 03:11 PM
We could switched staffs for this week and I?m not sure we have the talent to win. But maybe, they will make enough mistakes and commit 15 penalties to level the playing field.

KB21
09-26-2023, 03:50 PM
What's painfully obvious is that you have an offensive coordinator who is trying to run the wide zone based scheme he first experienced at App State last year, so he isn't really well versed in the scheme yet. You also have two OL coaches who have never coached in a wide zone scheme before, and it's obvious. We have guys taking 45 degree steps on wide zone plays when they should be taking 90 degree steps. The OL coach is probably the most important coach in a wide zone scheme.

KB21
09-26-2023, 04:10 PM
Just a lot of individual mistakes on both sides of the ball that are costing this team. Defensively, one defender being in the wrong coverage position or not recognizing things in front of him. One player taking a poor angle and not recognizing that he's the last line of the defense. One player who stops moving his feet on a pass rush that allows the QB to have enough time to make the throw. It's like the attention to detail has gone completely out the window. Did Mike Leach make that much of a difference as a head coach? It's like we have gone from a +2 coaching effect to a -3 coaching effect.

gtowndawg
09-26-2023, 04:20 PM
Just a lot of individual mistakes on both sides of the ball that are costing this team. Defensively, one defender being in the wrong coverage position or not recognizing things in front of him. One player taking a poor angle and not recognizing that he's the last line of the defense. One player who stops moving his feet on a pass rush that allows the QB to have enough time to make the throw. It's like the attention to detail has gone completely out the window. Did Mike Leach make that much of a difference as a head coach? It's like we have gone from a +2 coaching effect to a -3 coaching effect.

In retrospect, none of us appreciated just how much Leach brought to the table...including me.

Coach34
09-26-2023, 09:19 PM

mannnnnnn gtfo

2 is not telling a coach what to do.

RisperDawg
09-26-2023, 10:06 PM
As OP and KB21 point out, there's a lot of individual mistakes with the takeaway that the players don't understand their assignments. I've only ever watched Matt Wyatt's film study. I've done that for a couple of years now. I've never watched another team's plays like this. With all that said, my question is something bigbub hits on:

Are we unique in this aspect? If we were to watch another team's film in-depth like this, might we see the same thing? Would SC look similar? Would you find the same thing was happening for Ole Miss, Auburn, Kentucky, etc? Maybe even UGA, LSU and Alabama too, except maybe their talent makes it easier to gloss over mental errors? I don't know enough to answer these questions, but I'm curious what someone who studies more college football thinks.

Jarius
09-26-2023, 10:23 PM
As OP and KB21 point out, there's a lot of individual mistakes with the takeaway that the players don't understand their assignments. I've only ever watched Matt Wyatt's film study. I've done that for a couple of years now. I've never watched another team's plays like this. With all that said, my question is something bigbub hits on:

Are we unique in this aspect? If we were to watch another team's film in-depth like this, might we see the same thing? Would SC look similar? Would you find the same thing was happening for Ole Miss, Auburn, Kentucky, etc? Maybe even UGA, LSU and Alabama too, except maybe their talent makes it easier to gloss over mental errors? I don't know enough to answer these questions, but I'm curious what someone who studies more college football thinks.

Yes, you would. The biggest difference in us and other mid level teams in this conference is that we are the only one that doesn’t have a mobile quarterback and our issues up front are magnified. Our issues on defense are probably worse than most in the secondary.

Todd4State
09-27-2023, 12:34 AM
In retrospect, none of us appreciated just how much Leach brought to the table...including me.

I think some appreciate his offensive play calling more too.

Todd4State
09-27-2023, 12:34 AM
mannnnnnn gtfo

I'm sure they collaborate some. Or they should be.

Todd4State
09-27-2023, 12:42 AM

I think we're poorly coached on both sides of the ball from watching us.

Sure, some time to adjust was expected on offense. However, there are a lot of things that stick out like a sore thumb. There were a lot of teams that are installing a new offense this year in the SEC- which is a big reason why losing Leach was so big. We would be in year four with more WR talent than we have ever had. As it is we leveled the playing field because of the decision of our coaches. And the fact is that despite other teams installing new offenses ours has performed worse than most and we seem to look very sloppy. South Carolina for example is also installing a new scheme and they looked a lot cleaner than us.

Defense- yes, I agree that we lack speed and talent however Arnett learning to be a head coach while also trying to manage that side of the ball at least to a degree along with Brock who is also a first year DC adds to the struggles.

I'm pretty sure we're 3-1 at this point with Leach with a much more competitive loss to LSU or perhaps even a close win with the experience we have and a defense focused Arnett.

Todd4State
09-27-2023, 12:47 AM
Yep, it just shows a total lack of communication and ability to adapt to the talent. It took 4 games to do that. Just ridiculous. I can't imagine Dan Mullen not getting things handled. He adapted his offenses (not always perfectly- see Russell) to his talent. Our personnel dictates we aren't a ground and pound, but Barbay beat that shit in the ground until he got embarrassed. It's amateur hour in our football program.

Even worse- Barbay claimed that he was known for adapting to talent. Which was I would guess the common MSU fan's biggest fear with our team. So on top of having to deal watching Moorhead make the same mistake four years ago MSU fans were essentially lied to about their biggest fear only to have to watch it play out again. What a great way to endear yourself to the fan base Barbay.**

If we keep running Woody like we are we may be forced to be an Air Raid team again by the Egg Bowl. He has already been banged up twice this season and had to miss stretches of games and we're only 1/3 of the way through the season. This after having I think 24+ carries against SELU which was ridiculous.

DownwardDawg
09-27-2023, 02:17 AM
mannnnnnn gtfo

From what I just heard tonight, you are bad wrong. Will pretty much told the staff "this is what we're doing ". Imagine that.

DownwardDawg
09-27-2023, 02:20 AM
I think we're poorly coached on both sides of the ball from watching us.

Sure, some time to adjust was expected on offense. However, there are a lot of things that stick out like a sore thumb. There were a lot of teams that are installing a new offense this year in the SEC- which is a big reason why losing Leach was so big. We would be in year four with more WR talent than we have ever had. As it is we leveled the playing field because of the decision of our coaches. And the fact is that despite other teams installing new offenses ours has performed worse than most and we seem to look very sloppy. South Carolina for example is also installing a new scheme and they looked a lot cleaner than us.

Defense- yes, I agree that we lack speed and talent however Arnett learning to be a head coach while also trying to manage that side of the ball at least to a degree along with Brock who is also a first year DC adds to the struggles.

I'm pretty sure we're 3-1 at this point with Leach with a much more competitive loss to LSU or perhaps even a close win with the experience we have and a defense focused Arnett.

100% against the air raid dude right here admitting that we are 100% 3-1 right now if Leach was still here. Knowing that we would finish 9-3 or better.

KB21
09-27-2023, 06:45 AM
Zach Arnett is letting Brad Peterson set him up to fail.

Leroy Jenkins
09-27-2023, 07:16 AM

Watching them on the sideline....

https://64.media.tumblr.com/56919c94e4627e63a02692da348a89a1/9cfba3f2d050bebd-b6/s540x810/cbd97997b1bbaba8a1c3f0d7a46c3b6837670621.gifv

BlackSailsDawg
09-27-2023, 08:09 AM
I'm sure they collaborate some. Or they should be.

Per Cole, the OC absolutely went to Rogers and had that talk and we absolutely saw wide splits again in some plays.

Santiago
09-27-2023, 09:16 AM
So is Peterson the little birdie in CZA's ear, and part of the reason the old offensive staff was all let go? I really could not understand letting Mason Miller go, and the QB coach also.
I was supporting Arnett until he lied about saying he would change very little on offense, and then did a 180. Also, a few weeks ago him telling SEC network guys he wanted an offense that kept his defense off the field. Geeze, Coach Leach nearly led the league each year or at the top for time of possession.
So at that point the week of the LSU game hearing that I checked out on believing CZA since he is now publicly full of S**& twice.

edit: So I assume Peterson is the reason Miller was let go, to make room for his buddy as OL coach.

louisvilledawg
09-27-2023, 09:18 AM
I audibly laughed when he showed the play where literally nobody was blocked. it was so awful it was actually funny.

BlackSailsDawg
09-27-2023, 09:20 AM
I audibly laughed when he showed the play where literally nobody was blocked. it was so awful it was actually funny.

Yep. and again... what personnel was that!

Todd4State
09-27-2023, 09:29 AM
So is Peterson the little birdie in CZA's ear, and part of the reason the old offensive staff was all let go? I really could not understand letting Mason Miller go, and the QB coach also.
I was supporting Arnett until he lied about saying he would change very little on offense, and then did a 180. Also, a few weeks ago him telling SEC network guys he wanted an offense that kept his defense off the field. Geeze, Coach Leach nearly led the league each year or at the top for time of possession.
So at that point the week of the LSU game hearing that I checked out on believing CZA since he is now publicly full of S**& twice.

edit: So I assume Peterson is the reason Miller was let go, to make room for his buddy as OL coach.

Hollinghead was going to be an OC somewhere anyway. I can't put that on Peterson.

CoachT14
09-27-2023, 09:33 AM

Idk if it is 100% true, but there's enough smoke to make me believe a lot of these changes we are experiencing have Peterson's fingers all over them. Now that's on Arnett for giving in if true. He's a grown man and can say no.

Santiago
09-27-2023, 09:35 AM
Hollinghead was going to be an OC somewhere anyway. I can't put that on Peterson.

Who talked Arnett out of keeping the offense similar, as he publicly claimed.

tcdog70
09-27-2023, 09:41 AM
ML was successful at Schools like-WSU-Texas Tech and here was because He was different and kept it simple. Repetition was what he harped on. Everyone was on the same page. He could win with lesser talent. I know if Will had some mobility ML would have won 10 games the last 2 years.

our problem now is we don't know WTF we are doing. The tight end is a bust . we would be better served with Creed on the field as a hot receiver. Or I would rather have Pittman out there with Woody. everytime we run a TE on the field it is bad. Put the OL back to where they played last year. 66 was better at tackle than at guard. Move Smith back to guard and put laysoia back at Center.

on defense please let Arnett take over. right now it is a cluster . on a positive note our special teams are great.

gtowndawg
09-27-2023, 10:04 AM

Can someone elaborate on this more? I know Peterson has been around the block but he and Arnett have no real history. They didn't go to school together, play together or coach together. Why would CZA do whatever Peterson recommends? Or is CZA just not sure what to do so he just takes advice from anyone (which is a scary thought and surely not true).

Coach34
09-27-2023, 10:25 AM
Can someone elaborate on this more? I know Peterson has been around the block but he and Arnett have no real history. They didn't go to school together, play together or coach together. Why would CZA do whatever Peterson recommends? Or is CZA just not sure what to do so he just takes advice from anyone (which is a scary thought and surely not true).

What actually happened is that after some more time passed from Leach's death- Arnett simply decided he wanted his program to be in his image and beliefs. Physical offense that hits for big plays. Some of the offensive assts left because they didnt get the OC job and wanted to be OC. Pete is not the Great Oz behind the curtain pulling levers. That is message board myth

Spurrier Jr got an OC job at Tulsa. 95th in Scoring so far this season
Hollingshead is at WK as OC- so he wasnt going to stay unless he was OC. KB was bragging all over him until his last 2 week performances

KB21
09-27-2023, 10:33 AM
I highly doubt the rumors are a myth considering that Arnett hired the OL coach and other assistants before hiring the coordinator. Particularly when said coordinator wants to run a wide zone scheme, and neither OL coach knows how to teach the wide zone blocking scheme.

Coach34
09-27-2023, 10:43 AM
I highly doubt the rumors are a myth considering that Arnett hired the OL coach and other assistants before hiring the coordinator. Particularly when said coordinator wants to run a wide zone scheme, and neither OL coach knows how to teach the wide zone blocking scheme.

and this is how you know its a myth. Veteran coaches are already versed in most schemes and can learn what they dont extremely quickly.

aGAIN- the OL's problem is that they have faced a shit ton of drop 8 the last 3 years and they arent getting that anymore.

KB21
09-27-2023, 10:46 AM
and this is how you know its a myth. Veteran coaches are already versed in most schemes and can learn what they dont extremely quickly.

aGAIN- the OL's problem is that they have faced a shit ton of drop 8 the last 3 years and they arent getting that anymore.

Yeah. You can tell that by the fact that they aren't taking the proper steps on the wide zone. You can't teach the wide zone like you teach gap schemes or inside zone. Will Friend wasn't a good coach anyway. He's especially bad at trying to teach the wide zone.

Homedawg
09-27-2023, 10:52 AM
What actually happened is that after some more time passed from Leach's death- Arnett simply decided he wanted his program to be in his image and beliefs. Physical offense that hits for big plays. Some of the offensive assts left because they didnt get the OC job and wanted to be OC. Pete is not the Great Oz behind the curtain pulling levers. That is message board myth

Hollingshead is at WK as OC- so he wasnt going to stay unless he was OC. KB was bragging all over him until his last 2 week performances
This.

BlackSailsDawg
09-27-2023, 11:25 AM

BS!

BlackSailsDawg
09-27-2023, 11:29 AM
This.

Fact is, the OL is confused when blocking in a 11 or 12. That's obvious and gets broken down on film every week. That's on coaching. No matter how you slice it. They did a poor job training them for it.

I say that to say this, When Bama is pooring through that OL in 11 or 12, I don't want to hear how bad Rogers is. I want to hear why we are still forcing a square peg in a round hole.

KB21
09-27-2023, 11:54 AM
The only thing Brad Peterson should have any involvement in is recruiting. He should not have any input on scheme, play calling, or coach hirings.

Goldendawg
09-27-2023, 12:03 PM
Fact is, the OL is confused when blocking in a 11 or 12. That's obvious and gets broken down on film every week. That's on coaching. No matter how you slice it. They did a poor job training them for it.

I say that to say this, When Bama is pooring through that OL in 11 or 12, I don't want to hear how bad Rogers is. I want to hear why we are still forcing a square peg in a round hole.

I'm very afraid this rookie staff is in over its head. As for recruiting, imagine CZA following any other SEC West coach into a home visit (except maybe Pittman, but they are also out recruiting us). That our coaches with MS connections have cleaned up with MS recruits is a sad joke to date. I often posted here that Leach's O bored me to tears with its short quick passing game. I now realize that it masked Will's weaknesses while keeping our mid-pack D off the field. I also didn't realize our recruiting classes the last few years were so weak on D. I should have known when our roster had about 20 5'9" to 6', 165 to 185 lb WR's and most couldn't get separation or disappeared against physical SEC DB's. We are in a mess comparible to the Felker, Croom, JoMo years. Take your pick. This is bad.

Santiago
09-27-2023, 12:28 PM

WK played The Ohio State 2 weeks ago, right? Same team that ND struggled to score 14 points.
Totally understandable on Arnett wanting his system, regardless of what he had on his team returning. But is also has Jomo vibes. He could have phased out to the offense he wanted but run a modified air raid this year.

Edit: Also, Arnett still lied by publicly saying he wasn't changing much. And 2 weeks ago was giving SEC Network the BS about time of possession being the reason he changed offenses. That diminishes his word having value over time. He did have someone get in his ear about it all.

BlackSailsDawg
09-27-2023, 12:40 PM
I'm very afraid this rookie staff is in over its head. As for recruiting, imagine CZA following any other SEC West coach into a home visit (except maybe Pittman, but they are also out recruiting us). That our coaches with MS connections have cleaned up with MS recruits is a sad joke to date. I often posted here that Leach's O bored me to tears with its short quick passing game. I now realize that it masked Will's weaknesses while keeping our mid-pack D off the field. I also didn't realize our recruiting classes the last few years were so weak on D. I should have known when our roster had about 20 5'9" to 6', 165 to 185 lb WR's and most couldn't get separation or disappeared against physical SEC DB's. We are in a mess comparible to the Felker, Croom, JoMo years. Take your pick. This is bad.

And who was recruiting the defense? Arnett

BlackSailsDawg
09-27-2023, 12:41 PM
WK played The Ohio State 2 weeks ago, right? Same team that ND struggled to score 14 points.
Totally understandable on Arnett wanting his system, regardless of what he had on his team returning. But is also has Jomo vibes. He could have phased out to the offense he wanted but run a modified air raid this year.

Edit: Also, Arnett still lied by publicly saying he wasn't changing much. And 2 weeks ago was giving SEC Network the BS about time of possession being the reason he changed offenses. That diminishes his word having value over time. He did have someone get in his ear about it all.

And it's why Barbay met with Rogers to get some AR concepts back in. Wide splits noted and shown in the video.

Todd4State
09-27-2023, 12:43 PM
The only thing Brad Peterson should have any involvement in is recruiting. He should not have any input on scheme, play calling, or coach hirings.

I agree but at the end of the day it's Arnett who makes the final call.

BlackSailsDawg
09-27-2023, 12:53 PM
I agree but at the end of the day it's Arnett who makes the final call.

So it all goes back to Arnett.

Goldendawg
09-27-2023, 01:04 PM
So it all goes back to Arnett.

Our fan base revolted with JoMo who had two winning seasons, both with wins over OM. What makes you think we will give CZA a pass for two or three years when we look so incompetent, noncompetitive (SEC to date) and are getting killed on recruiting, especially in MS? Would an on the job training AD fire an on the job training FB HC?

Todd4State
09-27-2023, 01:20 PM
Our fan base revolted with JoMo who had two winning seasons, both with wins over OM. What makes you think we will give CZA a pass for two or three years when we look so incompetent, noncompetitive (SEC to date) and are getting killed on recruiting, especially in MS? Would an on the job training AD fire an on the job training FB HC?

I think the Auburn, Kentucky, and Egg Bowl are going to be huge for Zach.

Moorhead was allowed to coach the bowl game because of Elijah Moore. If we win the Egg Bowl this year I bet we let him come back even if we go 5-7 or 6-6. Probably will have some staff changes though.

Cooterpoot
09-27-2023, 01:26 PM

There's almost a 0% chance Arnett gets fired this year. The fans didn't get Morehead fired. He lost control of his team and they had turned on him too.

Coach34
09-27-2023, 01:36 PM
And it's why Barbay met with Rogers to get some AR concepts back in.

lol- you realize Barbay has access to all of our game film from the last 3 years correct? He watched a good bit of it to get an idea about the guys he has on O. Plus everything that was on Leach's work computer from a football standpoint was left I'm sure. It's not like everything died with Leach and is only left in the brains of the remaining QB's.

Coach34
09-27-2023, 01:37 PM

We lost by 7 points after being tied thru 3 Q's and scored 30 Saturday.

KB21
09-27-2023, 01:43 PM
There's almost a 0% chance Arnett gets fired this year. The fans didn't get Morehead fired. He lost control of his team and they had turned on him too.

Then Arnett seriously needs to admit his mistake in changing the offense so drastically and move on from Barbay. He needs to fire Brad's buddy Will and his buddy Mike as well and get someone in that can teach the OL.

Goldendawg
09-27-2023, 01:43 PM

Never met a fan who supported JoMo after the KY road loss as he tried to turn Fritz into Tom Brady in the rain. Square pegs into round holes scheme that we seem to be repeating in this season. Time will quickly tell the story again. Supporting college sports is very expensive and people want a entertaining, successful program now. Little patience with the big buck salaries or you will see many more empty seats very quickly. I dread to see the number of bama fans even in pricey BullDog Club sections Saturday night. We all know the East Side staff sections will look like a bama home game as it is.

BlackSailsDawg
09-27-2023, 01:57 PM

We shouldn't.

BlackSailsDawg
09-27-2023, 02:00 PM
lol- you realize Barbay has access to all of our game film from the last 3 years correct? He watched a good bit of it to get an idea about the guys he has on O. Plus everything that was on Leach's work computer from a football standpoint was left I'm sure. It's not like everything died with Leach and is only left in the brains of the remaining QB's.

Sir, based on personnel, he was not running anything remotely. It does not change the fact that he went to the QB to have that talk.

The proof is in the pudding. That OL is lost in 11 and 12 personnel. That is on Barbay. there is no way around that.

Goldendawg
09-27-2023, 02:35 PM

Defense was far from competitive or we win. D has been non-competitive in both SEC losses. You yourself have posted many times it's not about stats. it's about wins. Maybe we build on O
from SC game, turn things around on O and D improves also. Hail State!

Santiago
09-27-2023, 03:47 PM

But it was not from RTGDF.
It was due to going back to some air raid comfort level plays from last year.
I really don't care if we pass 100% or run 100%, but Arnett has lost some value in his words publicly.

KB21
09-27-2023, 04:00 PM
Paul Johnson is credited with this quote: "If you are going to run something, you better know how to fix it when it breaks."

I think we are looking at that situation at Mississippi State. Everyone got excited with all the talk about "we are going to find our best 11 players and build a scheme around them", and in reality, no coach goes into a situation like this and builds a scheme from scratch. You have to have a system, and the coach has to know that system inside an out. He needs to know how to solve the problems that will turn up against that particular scheme.

With Zach Arnett, he's been running the Rocky Long 3-3-5 scheme long enough that he should know what the solutions to the problems are. Matt Brock has only been in this scheme for three years and has never run it. At some point, Zach is probably going to have to interject a little more than he wants to if this defense is to improve.

Offensively, we are looking at a different story. Kevin Barbay came up in Jim McElwain's scheme and a few other schemes that are nothing like what he is currently trying to run at Mississippi State. He spent one year at App State and realized "Hey, this is a pretty good scheme". Now, he's trying to run that scheme at Mississippi State. He's not versed in it enough to know all the solutions to the problems. He may get there at some point, but he's clearly not there yet. He doesn't seem to know how to connect everything together in this scheme yet.

Homedawg
09-27-2023, 04:46 PM
The guru has spoken....

MrCoachKlein
09-27-2023, 05:05 PM
Paul Johnson is credited with this quote: "If you are going to run something, you better know how to fix it when it breaks."

I think we are looking at that situation at Mississippi State. Everyone got excited with all the talk about "we are going to find our best 11 players and build a scheme around them", and in reality, no coach goes into a situation like this and builds a scheme from scratch. You have to have a system, and the coach has to know that system inside an out. He needs to know how to solve the problems that will turn up against that particular scheme.

With Zach Arnett, he's been running the Rocky Long 3-3-5 scheme long enough that he should know what the solutions to the problems are. Matt Brock has only been in this scheme for three years and has never run it. At some point, Zach is probably going to have to interject a little more than he wants to if this defense is to improve.

Offensively, we are looking at a different story. Kevin Barbay came up in Jim McElwain's scheme and a few other schemes that are nothing like what he is currently trying to run at Mississippi State. He spent one year at App State and realized "Hey, this is a pretty good scheme". Now, he's trying to run that scheme at Mississippi State. He's not versed in it enough to know all the solutions to the problems. He may get there at some point, but he's clearly not there yet. He doesn't seem to know how to connect everything together in this scheme yet.

Seems like Barbay had some pretty good solutions. This year Will has thrown for his highest QBR against an FBS opponent by far and just in this game had his most passing yards ever (FBS or FCS). That's in what you call a "RTGDFB" offense.

Seems like you and a lot of people are over reacting. For his scheme to work he wants a TE, the guy we got was ruled ineligible and the other guy would be lucky to start at Delta State. Barbay has changed and tweaked a lot of things after failing the previous week. Maybe the guy is trying to get the 11 best for the installed scheme on the field. We just put up 30 on the road and y'all are trying to tar and feather the dude.

2020 - 2 games over 30 PTs against SEC D:
44 @LSU (Thanks Bo for running man D the entire game lol)
51 home against a garbage Mizzou team (24 against Vandy at home btw)

2021 - 3 games over 30 PTs against SEC D:
45 @ Vandy
43 @ Aub
31 vs KY

2022 - 3 games over 30 PTs against SEC D:
42 vs TX am
40 vs Arky
39 vs Aub

So in 2 SEC games, Barbay has done once what Leach did 3 times in 26. We missed some opportunities against an improved AZ team and everyone on the team sucked vs LSU, but we didn't lose to Memphis or almost lose to LA Tech. Let's keep on crucifying him though.

ETA: Just goes to show KB12 and BlackSailsDawg only care about running the Airbone and not winning. When Leach's offense was awful they blamed it on our D which was by any advanced analytics much better than the offense. Now that the D is worse than the offense they want to call out the OC because it's not the scheme they want. The 2 best offensive schemes in football right now are running a wide zone almost 50/50 run pass ratio using the scheme we're trying to implement. This is far from bone head run up the middle JV football.

msstate7
09-27-2023, 06:01 PM
This board seems to be on drugs

Santiago
09-27-2023, 06:07 PM

Seems like Barbay had some pretty good solutions. This year Will has thrown for his highest QBR against an FBS opponent by far and just in this game had his most passing yards ever (FBS or FCS). That's in what you call a "RTGDFB" offense.

Seems like you and a lot of people are over reacting. For his scheme to work he wants a TE, the guy we got was ruled ineligible and the other guy would be lucky to start at Delta State. Barbay has changed and tweaked a lot of things after failing the previous week. Maybe the guy is trying to get the 11 best for the installed scheme on the field. We just put up 30 on the road and y'all are trying to tar and feather the dude.

45 @ Vandy
43 @ Aub
31 vs KY

42 vs TX am
40 vs Arky
39 vs Aub

So in 2 SEC games, Barbay has done once what Leach did 3 times in 26. We missed some opportunities against an improved AZ team and everyone on the team sucked vs LSU, but we didn't lose to Memphis or almost lose to LA Tech. Let's keep on crucifying him though.

ETA: Just goes to show KB12 and BlackSailsDawg only care about running the Airbone and not winning. When Leach's offense was awful they blamed it on our D which was by any advanced analytics much better than the offense. Now that the D is worse than the offense they want to call out the OC because it's not the scheme they want. The 2 best offensive schemes in football right now are running a wide zone almost 50/50 run pass ratio using the scheme we're trying to implement. This is far from bone head run up the middle JV football.

Perspective to these stats:
- If this offense this year puts up over 30 points on Arky, Aggie, and Auburn, this season then we can say it is successful, and we will all be happy.
- Arizona gave us short field with several turnovers in the first half, otherwise we could not do much of anything. We looked bad.
- LSU - we looked really bad.
The reason some are realizing the Air Raid is good for MSU is the wide splits, and that it equalizes talent gaps.

gtowndawg
09-27-2023, 06:21 PM

Which circles back to what I've said to friends. We hired a staff that's literally learning on the job. That's a 1980's State move.

gtowndawg
09-27-2023, 06:22 PM
This board seems to be on drugs

https://y.yarn.co/5b77e11f-e112-4119-9112-ae5281d93f6b_text.gif

Santiago
09-27-2023, 06:23 PM
Which circles back to what I've said to friends. We hired a staff that's literally learning on the job. That's a 1980's State move.

It is right up there with hiring a baseball coach as AD when there were tons of viable candidates.

msstate7
09-27-2023, 06:44 PM
https://y.yarn.co/5b77e11f-e112-4119-9112-ae5281d93f6b_text.gif

I'm not consenting to a urine test.

I just think will telling the coaches what he's gonna run and BP pulling all the strings behind the scenes is pretty out there

dawgday166
09-27-2023, 07:02 PM

I think I get it now. You're in tight with the new coaches on the staff or something similar.

Cause if this was Leach you'd be ready to fire him. If it was Mullen you'd be raising all kinds of hell.

But for some reason ... cut this staff some slack cause they're trying hard 🤔🤔

Cooterpoot
09-27-2023, 07:05 PM
I'm not consenting to a urine test.

I just think will telling the coaches what he's gonna run and BP pulling all the strings behind the scenes is pretty out there

Barbay is on record saying he went to Will to get ideas. So no, I'm not on drugs tonight. Peterson stuff is weird but whatever. All these college guys and we're dragging a HS coach into the field. How many SEC coaches have HS coaches advising them. I'll hang up and wait. His ass needs to be handling camps and recruiting, nothing more.
#AmatuerHour

KOdawg1
09-27-2023, 07:18 PM
Don't believe for a second that 2 is somehow running things and keeping Barbay on track or something.

msstate7
09-27-2023, 07:40 PM
Barbay is on record saying he went to Will to get ideas. So no, I'm not on drugs tonight. Peterson stuff is weird but whatever. All these college guys and we're dragging a HS coach into the field. How many SEC coaches have HS coaches advising them. I'll hang up and wait. His ass needs to be handling camps and recruiting, nothing more.
#AmatuerHour

Asking a qb what he feels comfortable running isn't the same as will telling our coaches what we're gonna run.

Cooterpoot
09-27-2023, 07:45 PM
Asking a qb what he feels comfortable running isn't the same as will telling our coaches what we're gonna run.

It's 4 damn games in. He didn't do his damn job. He saw the film and thought "let's pound the damn rock"? Come on now. We've got a bad staff on the sidelines to this point. They need to get it going. We've go about 4 guys over there that are good at their jobs. The rest is amateur hour. Go win this week and shut my mouth. I'm begging!

KB21
09-27-2023, 07:55 PM
I take less issue with the fact that a large portion of this staff is getting OJT and more issue with how it was constructed. We didn?t hire anyone that can help give us a schematic advantage. We hired coaches who are friends with either Brad, Zach, and possibly some alumni boosters.

And then when they finally hired the OC, I don?t believe any critical thinking went into that process.

msstate7
09-27-2023, 08:17 PM
It's 4 damn games in. He didn't do his damn job. He saw the film and thought "let's pound the damn rock"? Come on now. We've got a bad staff on the sidelines to this point. They need to get it going. We've go about 4 guys over there that are good at their jobs. The rest is amateur hour. Go win this week and shut my mouth. I'm begging!

No one is saying this staff is doing well. I am saying will isn't our OC.

Coach34
09-27-2023, 08:28 PM
Our problem is defense way more than offense

Cooterpoot
09-27-2023, 08:37 PM
I take less issue with the fact that a large portion of this staff is getting OJT and more issue with how it was constructed. We didn?t hire anyone that can help give us a schematic advantage. We hired coaches who are friends with either Brad, Zach, and possibly some alumni boosters.

And then when they finally hired the OC, I don?t believe any critical thinking went into that process.

Disagree. We've got a few good ones.

msstate7
09-27-2023, 08:42 PM

And our main issue is we have a defense full of 4.8 40s on the back 8

CoachT14
09-27-2023, 09:19 PM

45 @ Vandy
43 @ Aub
31 vs KY

42 vs TX am
40 vs Arky
39 vs Aub

The only people over reacting are the ones that think our offense is fixed because we played well against the only defense in the SEC worse than ours.

BlackSailsDawg
09-27-2023, 09:52 PM

Not sure where you get people are saying Rogers is telling our coaches what we are running. The thread on that clearly stated that the OC went to Rogers and they talked about it. The results were AR concepts ran against USCe...etc.

msstate7
09-27-2023, 10:02 PM
Not sure where you get people are saying Rogers is telling our coaches what we are running. The thread on that clearly stated that the OC went to Rogers and they talked about it. The results were AR concepts ran against USCe...etc.

Last post on page 1

BlackSailsDawg
09-27-2023, 10:16 PM
Last post on page 1

So 1 person put it that way.

Homedawg
09-27-2023, 10:17 PM
Right ... same thing****

Homedawg
09-27-2023, 10:18 PM

Name the 4. Bc at some point you are going to rail on them too. So go on they record of who the 4 are

Homedawg
09-27-2023, 10:19 PM

Bc he wasn't air raid. We know

Homedawg
09-27-2023, 10:21 PM

Yeah bc the air raid runs a ton of pistol w play action that runs a post.... glad Will "fixed " it for us. Talk about gullible

Commercecomet24
09-27-2023, 10:28 PM
Yeah bc the air raid runs a ton of pistol w play action that runs a post.... glad Will "fixed " it for us. Talk about gullible

Yeah all of our big pass plays came off play action from pistol, definitely not a staple of air raid offenses.

Homedawg
09-27-2023, 10:32 PM
Yeah all of our big pass plays came off play action from pistol, definitely not a staple of air raid offenses.

Don't ruin it for the 3 clowns

dawgday166
09-27-2023, 11:43 PM

Yea ... we definitely have big time D problems. But we gained only 200 yds at home against LSU while Arky lit them up for 426 yds (289 pass/137 rush) and 25 1st downs in Death Valley. KJ was 21-31 for 9.3 yds per attempt.

And we also sucked against AZ. We probably played one of the bottom 4 Ds in the SEC this past weekend. So I'm not ready to say we don't have offensive problems just yet.

And besides ... we only RTDFB for 32 yds at 1.4/att. Yet this staff gets a pass on RTDFB? WTF LOL SMDH.

Yea ... I'm betting you and the home boys are pretty tight **

Todd4State
09-28-2023, 12:05 AM
And our main issue is we have a defense full of 4.8 40s on the back 8

We get zero pressure on the QB. That's the bigger issue.

And we are awful against mobile QB's. Which is probably why our fans covet them so much.

Todd4State
09-28-2023, 12:05 AM
Yea ... we definitely have big time D problems. But we gained only 200 yds at home against LSU while Arky lit them up for 426 yds (289 pass/137 rush) and 25 1st downs in Death Valley. KJ was 21-31 for 9.3 yds per attempt.

And we also sucked against AZ. We probably played one of the bottom 4 Ds in the SEC this past weekend. So I'm not ready to say we don't have offensive problems just yet.

And besides ... we only RTDFB for 32 yds at 1.4/att. Yet this staff gets a pass on RTDFB? WTF LOL SMDH.

Also- Arkansas has a new OC as well.

Todd4State
09-28-2023, 12:12 AM

My biggest issue personally is just the misleading statements to the fans. If you want to be pro style Spreadahan- fine. But don't tell me we're not moving far away from the Air Raid and then run what we are, that we're going to play our best 11 and then throw a freshman o-line prospect and Goede out there at TE while Creed sits because he has to rotate with Tulu.

And then on top of it- we're struggling on both sides of the ball.

But because this group of coaches isn't doing anything that they said that they would- it's not going to buy them a lot of grace from fans and boosters. Especially with the program struggling.

Santiago
09-28-2023, 07:45 AM
My biggest issue personally is just the misleading statements to the fans. If you want to be pro style Spreadahan- fine. But don't tell me we're not moving far away from the Air Raid and then run what we are, that we're going to play our best 11 and then throw a freshman o-line prospect and Goede out there at TE while Creed sits because he has to rotate with Tulu.

But because this group of coaches isn't doing anything that they said that they would- it's not going to buy them a lot of grace from fans and boosters. Especially with the program struggling.

Agree with Todd. For me it is the public statements that then do not add up. That has lost me this year.
CZA said a couple weeks ago to SEC network guys that his defense was on the field too much the last couple of years....... So I looked it up.
2021 - we were 7th in the nation in time of possession.
2022 - we were around 55 in time of possession.
2023- so far, before hitting the SEC full season, we are 123 in the nation.

He knew those stats from the last 2 years, and just threw out BS comments instead of saying "I simply changed my mind"

BlackSailsDawg
09-28-2023, 08:04 AM

In this video linked, We ran Air Raid concepts. Period. Everything from the wide splits to no TE. Nobody ever stated that we ran exclusively that. In fact, the OP clearly talks about 11 personnel. Way to be over the top though.

BlackSailsDawg
09-28-2023, 08:06 AM

The only clown I see is the one demanding that we stated all we ran was Air Raid Concepts. Nobody stated that but you.

BlackSailsDawg
09-28-2023, 08:08 AM
Also- Arkansas has a new OC as well.

So does Colorado

KB21
09-28-2023, 08:16 AM
Data dump: courtesy of @jbuddavis

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/F7CI7VBWAAAchV2?format=jpg&name=4096x4096

Goldendawg
09-28-2023, 08:21 AM

I gotta spread some rep around before giving to 4 again. Rookie staff in over head on and off the field it appears.

KB21
09-28-2023, 08:28 AM
https://x.com/SEC_StatCat/status/1707179007580467236?s=20

Cooterpoot
09-28-2023, 08:40 AM
Name the 4. Bc at some point you are going to rail on them too. So go on they record of who the 4 are

It's actually 5, because Mele is doing a good job. Forgot about him. The problem is at OC as much as anything. DC isn't good, and he'll, he got bumped by Leach. Our recruiting/development on defense has been terrible. At least Turner has 22 playing big. We're wearing out Juco recruiting now to fill all the holes. And we kept our staff mostly on that side. It's a big pile of crap. If you can't see it, oh well. You're one of the few. You're an insider. You know there's problems.

msstate7
09-28-2023, 08:45 AM
So does Colorado

So does Georgia.
So does WKU
So does tulsa.

And all 3 of these have had pretty big drops offensively

Cooterpoot
09-28-2023, 08:54 AM

I'm not an Air Raid guy at all. I just want a competent OC who isn't running his limited ass offense with players that have no business being on the roster at TE. It's not working. We've got the personnel from the AR. If you can't be flexible enough to get the best players out there, you suck. It is til game 4 to look remotely competent after sitting down with our QB to talk. Should've happen a month ago or more.

BlackSailsDawg
09-28-2023, 08:59 AM
So does Georgia.
So does WKU
So does tulsa.

That's just massively wrong. UGA lost a crap ton of people included a 15 year starting QB. And he's completing 72% . They are ranked 13th in the nation on offense. That's not a massive drop off.

Tulsa has played the #8 ranked team and the 19th ranked teams. Sure thing, when 50% of your games as a AAC school is against top 20 teams, early stats will down. But there is a whole season. WKU in the same boat. They scored 4 less points on OSU than ND!

They also don't look lost on their blocking like we do.

BlackSailsDawg
09-28-2023, 09:00 AM
I'm not an Air Raid guy at all. I just want a competent OC who isn't running his limited ass offense with players that have no business being on the roster at TE. It's not working. We've got the personnel from the AR. If you can't be flexible enough to get the best players out there, you suck. It is til game 4 to look remotely competent after sitting down with our QB to talk. Should've happen a month ago or more.

Man, go on and preach! Truth!

msstate7
09-28-2023, 09:07 AM
That's just massively wrong. UGA lost a crap ton of people included a 15 year starting QB. And he's completing 72% . They are ranked 13th in the nation on offense. That's not a massive drop off.

Tulsa has played the #8 ranked team and the 19th ranked teams. Sure thing, when 50% of your games as a AAC school is against top 20 teams, early stats will down. But there is a whole season. WKU in the same boat. They scored 4 less points on OSU than ND!

Wku had 288 yds vs USA last week
Tulsa had 281 yds vs northern Illinois last week

As awful as we've been, we are ahead of both in total offense.

Coach34
09-28-2023, 09:11 AM

Georgia has played Ball State, UT-Martin and UAB. They scored 24 on SC who we just laid 30 on. Georgia's O will not be what it was the last few seasons.

Tulsa will not be some offensive juggernaut this season no matter who they play

WK got to play the whole 2nd half against OSU's back-ups and still failed to score. ND didnt get that luxury.

Coach34
09-28-2023, 09:15 AM

Leach put 6 points on Bama last year. That'a pretty high bar to meet Saturday.

Santiago
09-28-2023, 09:15 AM

Picking just one game out of 12 to prove a point?
WKU averaging 367 yards per game, and that is with playing OSU. Who knows what type of let down they had the following week(last week).
We are averaging 388 yards per game , and against 3 teams with the weakest defenses we will face all season.

Where do you think we are headed in the month of October and November?
So by saying we are ahead of them.... it is by 21 yards a game, and we played 3 games against really bad defenses.

Santiago
09-28-2023, 09:19 AM

Leach won us 9 games with the same average QB as last season also.

Cooterpoot
09-28-2023, 09:19 AM

And that's about all Leach ever scored against them. Only touchdown I believe??

Santiago
09-28-2023, 09:20 AM

How many games and TDs have any MSU coach scored against Bama in 15 years, not including garbage time.

msstate7
09-28-2023, 09:21 AM
Picking just one game out of 12 to prove a point?
WKU averaging 367 yards per game, and that is with playing OSU. Who knows what type of let down they had the following week(last week).
We are averaging 388 yards per game , and against 3 teams with the weakest defenses we will face all season.

Where do you think we are headed in the month of October and November?

Throw out osu and wku is at 395.3 ypg, which would put them at 69th in the country. They were at 497.7 ypg (7th nationally) last year. Oh and that includes an fcs opponent. BTW, they played USA last year, and they got 677 total yards.

Are you really trying to see wku as anything but down offensively?

msstate7
09-28-2023, 09:23 AM
How many games and TDs have any MSU coach scored against Bama in 15 years, not including garbage time.

I would say we avg'd more than the previous 12 years than the last 3, which is 5.3 per game

Coach34
09-28-2023, 09:23 AM

A) Leach won 8 games. Arnett coached the bowl game and got the 9th win.

B) Leach had Forbes (who scored 3 TD's for us), Wheat, and some good safeties that had us 7th in the SEC and 40th in the country last season. We dont have that this season.

C) As others have mentioned- 2 just had his best day as a QB this past Saturday. That terrible D of SC held Georgia to 24 points.

Defense is way more a problem for this football team than offense.

Santiago
09-28-2023, 09:25 AM
I would say we avg'd more than the previous 12 years than the last 3, which is 5.3 per game

That is big time then ***
I saw stats from Robbie that the average margin of loss to Bama by us and Ole Miss is the same spread. Ole miss gave up more points to them each game but scored more. We scored less but gave up less.

BlackSailsDawg
09-28-2023, 09:26 AM

That's not even the topic. You said they are having a massive drop off in offense. They are not. They simply played ranked teams who out recruit them by alot. They also have a New QB and RB at Tulsa. etc etc.

MS ST has the most returning starters and VET team we have had. If you can't teach the system, don't run it.

Cooterpoot

Leach won 8 games last year. That defense bailed him out a lot. We don't have that defense now. The OL hasn't handled actually having to block people without a drop 8 looking at them. And let's be honest, they struggled blocking 3 and 4 guys routinely last few years in the AR. Leach played ball control and let his defense work. There were no big plays. Will had more big plays last week than in 3 years with Leach. Now, we've got no defensive talent and no OL and no TE. The AR would help some with the OL and getting the ball out. That's about it. We need our OC to show he can adjust. SC filled up the box and we burned them. When they stopped doing that, we stopped scoring. I'll stop there too.

msstate7
That is big time then ***
I saw stats from Robbie that the average margin of loss to Bama by us and Ole Miss is the same spread. Ole miss gave up more points to them each game but scored more. We scored less but gave up less.

Surprising since the AR equals the field in talent

BlackSailsDawg
09-28-2023, 09:27 AM
Georgia has played Ball State, UT-Martin and UAB. They scored 24 on SC who we just laid 30 on. Georgia's O will not be what it was the last few seasons.

Tulsa will not be some offensive juggernaut this season no matter who they play

WK got to play the whole 2nd half against OSU's back-ups and still failed to score. ND didnt get that luxury.

And has nothing to do with a change of OC but a change in QB and key players that either graduated. That's both UGA and Tulsa!

Santiago
09-28-2023, 09:29 AM
A) Leach won 8 games. Arnett coached the bowl game and got the 9th win.

B) Leach had Forbes (who scored 3 TD's for us), Wheat, and some good safeties that had us 7th in the SEC and 40th in the country last season. We dont have that this season.

C) As others have mentioned- 2 just had his best day as a QB this past Saturday. That terrible D of SC held Georgia to 24 points.

Defense is way more a problem for this football team than offense.

Defense is a problem but the offense is a big concern. We are averaging 388 yards per game and against the easiest stretch of teams of a 4 game stretch we will see all season. We are 126 in the nation in time of possession.....which Arnett used as an excuse of going against his public comments on not changing much.
Against Arizona they gifted us short field for an entire half and we could not do much with it.

CoachT14
09-28-2023, 09:29 AM
Leach won 8 games last year. That defense bailed him out a lot. We don't have that defense now. The OL hasn't handled actually having to block people without a drop 8 looking at them. And let's be honest, they struggled blocking 3 and 4 guys routinely last few years in the AR. Leach played ball control and let his defense work. There were no big plays. Will had more big plays last week than in 3 years with Leach. Now, we've got no defensive talent and no OL and no TE. The AR would help some with the OL and getting the ball out. That's about it. We need our OC to show he can adjust. SC filled up the box and we burned them. When they stopped doing that, we stopped scoring. I'll stop there too.

The OL has been a top 2 or 3 rated line in the SEC the past 2 years. Every advanced statistic showed they were one of the best teams in not allowing pressure or sacks considering how much they were pass blocking. But yeah sure all those stats are wrong. It's the same line basically with a bad OC and bad OL coaches.

msstate7
09-28-2023, 09:31 AM
The OL has been a top 2 or 3 rated line in the SEC the past 2 years. Every advanced statistic showed they were one of the best teams in not allowing pressure or sacks considering how much they were pass blocking. But yeah sure all those stats are wrong. It's the same line basically with a bad OC and bad OL coaches.

Do you think facing 3 dlinemen and rarely any blitzes could skew those stats?

CoachT14
09-28-2023, 09:33 AM

Sure. But those are advanced stats which look beyond the surface and do a great job of seeing what something actually is instead of taking it at surface value. Not all sacks are created equal and those advanced stats tend to do a really good job showcasing that.

msstate7
09-28-2023, 09:37 AM
Sure. But those are advanced stats which look beyond the surface and do a great job of seeing what something actually is instead of taking it at surface value. Not all sacks are created equal and those advanced stats tend to do a really good job showcasing that.

I'd like to see their methodology on how you account for that.

Cooterpoot
09-28-2023, 09:39 AM
And I know I'm being hard on the staff, but we hired the guy running our defense to be HC. That defense has no talent. He was directly involved there, especially at LB. He did fire the DL coach and bring in a great one- Credit there. I like that he brought in Campbell too. Mele on ST looks good. We know Hughes can get us in the recruiting game in MS. McBath is a good coach. His guys have no pass rush in front of them and our better recruits are young. Not a big fan of the OL or TE hires but Fruend does have a lot of ins and I won't say he's bad with the lack of OL talent. Already seeing what Bump can do in recruiting and his WR just broke a receiving record. Not a fan of Brock at all. Got a good behind the scenes group. I don't give two shits one way or the other on Peterson being in the field. It's a MSU move but I just don't care.

Santiago
09-28-2023, 09:39 AM

so ... the scheme works in not allowing pressure on the QB, and is an equalizer against more talented SEC teams. Who would have thunk it.***
Add in a mobile QB and some run packages and it was headed in the right direction. Leach had his mobile QB coming in this season as well.
edit: the OC this season had spring and fall to figure out the weaknesses of his offense, and line, and scheme around it.

Really Clark?
09-28-2023, 10:08 AM
Agree with Todd. For me it is the public statements that then do not add up. That has lost me this year.
CZA said a couple weeks ago to SEC network guys that his defense was on the field too much the last couple of years....... So I looked it up.
2021 - we were 7th in the nation in time of possession.
2022 - we were around 55 in time of possession.
2023- so far, before hitting the SEC full season, we are 123 in the nation.

He knew those stats from the last 2 years, and just threw out BS comments instead of saying "I simply changed my mind"

He was right, being on the field too much is not the same as time of possession. We had too many consecutive 3 and outs. Especially in 3rd quarters.

dawgday166
09-28-2023, 10:09 AM
So does Georgia.
So does WKU
So does tulsa.

With Georgia it's probably more because of new QB.

Really Clark?
09-28-2023, 10:19 AM
And has nothing to do with a change of OC but a change in QB and key players that either graduated. That's both UGA and Tulsa!

Dude, I'm sorry but changing from Monken to Bobo is a drop off. Even if they had the same players back, it would have been a drop off just from scheme and play calling between the two. That's not debatable really.

BlackSailsDawg
09-28-2023, 10:29 AM
Dude, I'm sorry but changing from Monken to Bobo is a drop off. Even if they had the same players back, it would have been a drop off just from scheme and play calling between the two. That's not debatable really.

So moving from 5th ranked offense to the 13th ranked offense with a new QB is a massive drop off to you?

Cooterpoot
09-28-2023, 10:35 AM
So moving from 5th ranked offense to the 13th ranked offense with a new QB is a massive drop off to you?

GA has played nobody. They're overrated IMO. Their defense is good but not Natty good like the last few. That offense isn't good. But that schedule is so easy. Maybe it picks up later in the year with the SEC so down.

dawgday166
09-28-2023, 10:39 AM

Can't argue with that really. Just hope Barbay isn't our Bobo.

dawgday166
09-28-2023, 10:44 AM
GA has played nobody. They're overrated IMO. Their defense is good but not Natty good like the last few. That offense isn't good. But that schedule is so easy. Maybe it picks up later in the year with the SEC so down.

As of now ... who do you think is a Natty type team?

Ohio State barely squeaked by ND. And ND is always overrated.

FSU same with Clemson. Clemson hasn't been the same since they lost their good coordinators.

I'm betting on Kirby until it's proven otherwise. Cause as long as Kirby is at UGA, their D will be very good IMO.

Coach34
09-28-2023, 10:48 AM

With their cupcake schedule so far? Yes

BlackSailsDawg
09-28-2023, 10:52 AM
With their cupcake schedule so far? Yes

BS.

Really Clark?
09-28-2023, 10:54 AM

Did I say massive? I don't think so but why don't we finish the season after they have played some better opponents also. UTM - FCS, Ball St 118th scoring Def, UAB 123rd scoring Def, So Car 84th scoring Def. That's not exactly playing against elite defenses.

Really Clark?
09-28-2023, 10:55 AM
Can't argue with that really. Just hope Barbay isn't our Bobo.

Me too

Commercecomet24
09-28-2023, 11:01 AM
As of now ... who do you think is a Natty type team?

Ohio State barely squeaked by ND. And ND is always overrated.

FSU same with Clemson. Clemson hasn't been the same since they lost their good coordinators.

I'm betting on Kirby until it's proven otherwise. Cause as long as Kirby is at UGA, their D will be very good IMO.

There are no dominate teams at this point. There's a whole lot of parity and good teams. The SEC isn't down if you actually watch other conferences play. Yeah it may be a little off normal sec years but the whole country is really playing some mediocre football right now.

BlackSailsDawg
09-28-2023, 11:02 AM
Did I say massive? I don't think so but why don't we finish the season after they have played some better opponents also. UTM - FCS, Ball St 118th scoring Def, UAB 123rd scoring Def, So Car 84th scoring Def. That's not exactly playing against elite defenses.

The reason you didn't is because it's not. However MS7 (which is the conversation you entered) said they do have a massive drop off. The Drop off they have right now is due to replacing a seasoned QB and some skill positions.

Our OC has done a piss poor job installing this offense. Our OL in an 11 or 12 is confused and it's hurting our chances of winning. We are about to enter the meat of our schedule and are 4 games into the season. We are running 11 personnel 74% of the time.

Really Clark?
09-28-2023, 11:06 AM
There are no dominate teams at this point. There's a whole lot of parity and good teams. The SEC isn't down if you actually watch other conferences play. Yeah it may be a little off normal sec years but the whole country is really playing some mediocre football right now.

Agreed. A lot of people thought FSU was elite then the last 2 weeks against BC and Clemson showed they are good not elite. Really think it's wide open this year and it will just be who's hot at the end. USC or Oregon could sneak in. Does Texas have enough for a run? Was ND just OSU's turd game they seem to have every year? A lot of questions this year.

Really Clark?
09-28-2023, 11:12 AM
The reason you didn't is because it's not. However MS7 (which is the conversation you entered) said they do have a massive drop off. The Drop off they have right now is due to replacing a seasoned QB and some skill positions.

Our OC has done a piss poor job installing this offense. Our OL in an 11 or 12 is confused and it's hurting our chances of winning. We are about to enter the meat of our schedule and are 4 games into the season. We are running 11 personnel 74% of the time.

If Bobo was the OC last year they are not 5th in scoring and they don't win that OSU playoff game. He is a drop off by himself. Just with his scheme, play calling, nature, tendencies his offense is easier to defend than Monken. They still may end up a Top 30 type offense, good but not great and a drop off. We will see if it picks up later in the year but it's not a buy right now.

Commercecomet24
09-28-2023, 11:20 AM
Agreed. A lot of people thought FSU was elite then the last 2 weeks against BC and Clemson showed they are good not elite. Really think it's wide open this year and it will just be who's hot at the end. USC or Oregon could sneak in. Does Texas have enough for a run? Was ND just OSU's turd game they seem to have every year? A lot of questions this year.

IMO it actually makes the year more fun and exciting because it really is kinda wide open and a surprise team may wind up winning it all(which probably won't happen), but still it makes it more interesting to me because I think at this point its an "Any Given Saturday" type year.

confucius say
09-28-2023, 11:44 AM

To be fair, he can't catch the ball for them when it's them in the hands standing in the endzone

msstate7
09-28-2023, 12:05 PM
To be fair, he can't catch the ball for them when it's them in the hands standing in the endzone

Guess Moorhead really beat mullen

MrCoachKlein
09-28-2023, 12:15 PM

Yet all the AR guys will call this a RTGDFB offense and say barbay can't adjust. He found what worked and tore SC up with it. 2 dumb turnovers and shit D lost us this game not the offense. He's adjusting. Leach would've never gone to a run heavy O even if he was avg 20 ypr.

MrCoachKlein
09-28-2023, 12:24 PM
Data dump: courtesy of @jbuddavis

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/F7CI7VBWAAAchV2?format=jpg&name=4096x4096

Right, 10 personnel still our worst. Runs adding more EPA/play and more TEs = higher EPA/play even with our garbage TEs.

Exactly what you've been saying all year. *

MrCoachKlein
09-28-2023, 12:30 PM

Refer to the 'Defense is our issue post'

BlackSailsDawg
09-28-2023, 12:35 PM
Yet all the AR guys will call this a RTGDFB offense and say barbay can't adjust. He found what worked and tore SC up with it. 2 dumb turnovers and shit D lost us this game not the offense. He's adjusting. Leach would've never gone to a run heavy O even if he was avg 20 ypr.

Barbay went to Rogers to find out what would work. That's Per Cole Cubic.

BlackSailsDawg
09-28-2023, 12:36 PM
Right, 10 personnel still our worst. Runs adding more EPA/play and more TEs = higher EPA/play even with our garbage TEs.

Exactly what you've been saying all year. *

Ass backwards. The OL can not block in 11 or 12. That's is clearly seen in the film study

KB21
09-28-2023, 12:47 PM
Ass backwards. The OL can not block in 11 or 12. That's is clearly seen in the film study

The numbers are skewed because of the small sample size. They have run 10 personnel so little that one bad play has effected the overall EPA of the formation.

Santiago
09-28-2023, 12:48 PM

South Carolina defense is averaging giving up 26.5 points per game, and giving up 435 yards per game.
I would not exactly say Barbay just created a blueprint against South Carolina or anything. He did what every team including Furman is doing to them.
South Carolina defense gives up on average 6.1 yards per play.....
but yeah....he tore up South Carolina with what he discovered ***

Commercecomet24
09-28-2023, 12:50 PM

That's not the only reason he went to Rogers. Will was asked, politely(lol), to start taking more shots downfield.

BlackSailsDawg
09-28-2023, 12:53 PM
That's not the only reason he went to Rogers. Will was asked, politely(lol), to start taking more shots downfield.

I have zero problem with that.

confucius say
09-28-2023, 12:53 PM
Guess Moorhead really beat mullen

I don't follow

ETA: nevermind. He certainly dialed one up that would have changed that game, no doubt. But Mullen coaches circles around him.

Commercecomet24
09-28-2023, 12:57 PM
I have zero problem with that.

Same here! I heard that there was some air clearing between the offensive staff and QBs and WRs(as well as the rest of the offense), but those 2 position groups had a pretty good sitdown from what i understand.

Coach34
09-28-2023, 01:08 PM
Balanced Offense

123 Passes
122 Runs

KB21
09-28-2023, 01:14 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/F64MX11WwAAO666?format=jpg&name=medium

This is where we are this year at this time.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FdlPVUYXkAMllT_?format=jpg&name=medium

This is where we were last year at the same time.

BlackSailsDawg
09-28-2023, 01:15 PM
Balanced Offense

123 Passes
122 Runs

Does you no good if the OL can not block within the scheme. Our Rushing game is 82nd in the nation.

dawgday166
09-28-2023, 01:16 PM

Y'all are so biased it's unreal sometimes:

Mullen
6 (Dak's Sr year)
24 (my man Fitz's Jr year)

BlackSailsDawg
09-28-2023, 01:18 PM

Mullen
6 (Dak's Sr year)

I think people have poor memories and reinvent them.

dawgday166
09-28-2023, 01:23 PM
Balanced Offense

123 Passes
122 Runs

I can see your influence with the home boys here **** How about doing it each game **

ETA: Can you tell Peterson, Barbay, Friend, etc to try to balance out them game-to-game yardage totals too. You know ... share some of your offensive guruness with them **

Really Clark?
09-28-2023, 02:13 PM

Mullen
6 (Dak's Sr year)

That was 6 national Championship teams we played in those 9 years. That has a little to do with it

dawgday166
09-28-2023, 02:20 PM
That was 6 national Championship teams we played in those 9 years. That has a little to do with it

So Leach played Natty team in 20. Runner up Natty in 21. And last year's Bama team was 5 pts away from probably being another runner up Natty team.

Your point is??

2010 Bama team had 3 losses. 2014 team got smoke in CFB semis by OSU.

Relative to Nattys there ain't much difference. Leach scored 19 against UGA last year.

Really Clark?
09-28-2023, 02:29 PM
So Leach played Natty team in 20. Runner up Natty in 21. And last year's Bama team was 5 pts away from probably being another runner up Natty team.

Your point is??

2/3rds of those Bama teams were National Champs and well above the last 4 Bama teams. Especially on defense. It's not even close in caliber of those teams vs the last 4-5 years. I mean the SEC West was historically the most difficult conference in 2010 and 2011 and that was just our division. When making comparisons like that, especially about Bama at its peak, it's not the same caliber team as the last few years.

dawgday166
09-28-2023, 02:37 PM
2/3rds of those Bama teams were National Champs and well above the last 4 Bama teams. Especially on defense. It's not even close in caliber of those teams vs the last 4-5 years. I mean the SEC West was historically the most difficult conference in 2010 and 2011 and that was just our division. When making comparisons like that, especially about Bama at its peak, it's not the same caliber team as the last few years.

Now I might agree with you on that but why should I?? Folks don't take COVID years into account, or other similar things like that.

We play what is currently ranked as the worst D in the SEC, score 30, and our offense is now not a problem when just the week before we had 200 yds total O against what is the currently the 11th ranked D in the SEC and at home too.

ETA: Now maybe our O will be better going forward but I'm betting we score less than 10 this week and those will probably be garbage pts.

Another ETA: UGA 2021 team was all-time top 5 scoring D and we didn't play them. However he did score 19 against a Kirby Smart Natty D and Kirby was the reason for those dominant Bama Ds you're talking about Clark. And his UGA Ds look about the same.

Bama ain't a good barometer. We scared coming out of the tunnel against them. I will also add that the refs set the tone for last year's game up front with some horrible calls. That plays into final score too.

Maverick91
09-28-2023, 02:40 PM

No? pretty much every west team put up a fight more often than not. We sucked more often than not. Mullen coached scared

Santiago
09-28-2023, 02:40 PM
Someone help me with this stat, but doesn't Leach have the record for most top 25 wins in a 3 year period? Even Kiffin does not have a signature win.
I know the air raid he ran needed some mobilization but it worked as an equalizer against the more talented SEC teams. He controlled the clock with it, or could instantly go into a 2 minute offense with it.
We were starting to get more talented receivers, and QB's so we really had not seen it with that caliber at QB.

For defense- CZA better fix that.
For offense- I hope this system works for us against the SEC West teams but it currently does not look good. I want to be wrong about this as much as some want to force this current offense and RTDF.

Really Clark?
09-28-2023, 02:59 PM
No? pretty much every west team put up a fight more often than not. We sucked more often than not. Mullen coached scared

I'm sorry but that is just not a true look at the history of SEC West during that period. At least during a good portion of his first 4-5 years. Teams put up fights because they were historically difficult for 1 division. We finished 5th in 2010 and still ranked 15th because the west was so difficult. Find a complete conference, much less one division of a conference, that had 5 teams in the Top 15. Those 5 teams only had 1 loss outside of its division and that was Alabama losing to the East champion So Car. Who btw lost to Arkansas (who we took to double OT before losing) and Auburn (who we lost too 17-14) 2 times that year. It's just not the same strength historically during that period.

Really Clark?
09-28-2023, 03:03 PM
Now I might agree with you on that but why should I?? Folks don't take COVID years into account, or other similar things like that.

We play what is currently ranked as the worst D in the SEC, score 30, and our offense is now not a problem when just the week before we had 200 yds total O against what is the currently the 11th ranked D in the SEC and at home too.

ETA: Now maybe our O will be better going forward but I'm betting we score less than 10 this week and those will probably be garbage pts.

Another ETA: UGA 2021 team was all-time top 5 scoring D and we didn't play them. However he did score 19 against a Kirby Smart Natty D and Kirby was the reason for those dominant Bama Ds you're talking about Clark. And his UGA Ds look about the same.

Bama ain't a good barometer. We scared coming out of the tunnel against them. I will also add that the refs set the tone for last year's game up front with some horrible calls. That plays into final score too.

Oh I agree we have real issues mentally playing Bama. There's no question on that. I don't have a problem considering Covid 2020 season. It's difficult in so many ways to not just put an asterisk on that season because of how we went ahead and played games well below the strength needed while some teams cancelled.

Maverick91
09-28-2023, 03:04 PM
I'm sorry but that is just not a true look at the history of SEC West during that period. At least during a good portion of his first 4-5 years. Teams put up fights because they were historically difficult for 1 division. We finished 5th in 2010 and still ranked 15th because the west was so difficult. Find a complete conference, much less one division of a conference, that had 5 teams in the Top 15. Those 5 teams only had 1 loss outside of its division and that was Alabama losing to the East champion So Car. Who btw lost to Arkansas (who we took to double OT before losing) and Auburn (who we lost too 17-14) 2 times that year. It's just not the same strength historically during that period.

My argument is that out of that decade State was the least competitive west team verse Bama. The fact that they were 6 titles doesn’t matter to me. I believe Mullen cos he’d scared and that why most of those games were over before they even started

Homedawg
09-28-2023, 03:06 PM

Lol ....

KB21
09-28-2023, 03:08 PM
What we need is an analytics coordinator that can show the coaches the data trends and help the coaches come up with better play call sequences and better overall game plans.

Really Clark?
09-28-2023, 03:10 PM
My argument is that out of that decade State was the least competitive west team verse Bama. The fact that they were 6 titles doesn’t matter to me. I believe Mullen cos he’d scared and that why most of those games were over before they even started

If Mullen was scared during that period, then what was Leach? Because the Bama teams Leach played were much softer than the ones Mullen went up against. That's were the argument goes flat, in my opinion.

Maverick91
09-28-2023, 03:12 PM
What we need is an analytics coordinator that can show the coaches the data trends and help the coaches come up with better play call sequences and better overall game plans.

Clearly didn’t watch last week because Steve Campbell that’s all he was doing the whole night it’s like arnett wasn’t coaching he was letting the analytics coach for him. Talk about unimpressive.

Todd4State
09-28-2023, 03:14 PM

THIS!

Maverick91
09-28-2023, 03:16 PM
If Mullen was scared during that period, then what was Leach? Because the Bama teams Leach played were much softer than the ones Mullen went up against. That's were the argument goes flat, in my opinion.

I think that’s where we are going to have to disagree. Also, there is a major argument that Leach didn’t have the talent to beat bama with his offense yet also there is a difference in coaching scared and playing scared. Leach has never once coached scared but our players after ******* years of coaching scared every year it takes time to brush that crap off.

dawgday166
09-28-2023, 03:17 PM
Oh I agree we have real issues mentally playing Bama. There's no question on that. I don't have a problem considering Covid 2020 season. It's difficult in so many ways to not just put an asterisk on that season because of how we went ahead and played games well below the strength needed while some teams cancelled.

I really think the Leach debate should be mostly buried. What matters is what this staff does with the personnel we currently have.

We were told Barbay adapts to his personnel. So far I'm not seeing that. Maybe a glimpse last week but that was one game all year really. And as I said against the worst ranked D in the league.

And I also think this staff is getting a pass on performance by some on here that I don't think the staff really warrants. We'll see how the O does from here on out.

ETA: Some folks just hated Leach and that probably wouldn't have changed even if he won a Natty.

Really Clark?
09-28-2023, 03:29 PM
I think that?s where we are going to have to disagree. Also, there is a major argument that Leach didn?t have the talent to beat bama with his offense yet also there is a difference in coaching scared and playing scared. Leach has never once coached scared but our players after ******* years of coaching scared every year it takes time to brush that crap off.

Did Mullen have the talent his first 3 years to beat Bama? I mean if that's the other part of your argument it doesn't wash during Mullen's first 3 seasons either. They both were bad against Bama but I'm just not going to hang Mullen, or Moorehead for that matter, with it but give Leach a pass when he was just as bad against them. Especially when the caliber of those Bama teams are not equal in comparison.

KB21
09-28-2023, 03:35 PM
Clearly didn’t watch last week because Steve Campbell that’s all he was doing the whole night it’s like arnett wasn’t coaching he was letting the analytics coach for him. Talk about unimpressive.

I?m talking about a real analytics guy. Not a retired career football coach.

MrCoachKlein
09-28-2023, 03:44 PM

^

Clearly can't read a chart

MrCoachKlein
09-28-2023, 03:46 PM
The numbers are skewed because of the small sample size. They have run 10 personnel so little that one bad play has effected the overall EPA of the formation.

Agreed on not enough data. We can't block anyone with a pulse which is why I don't fault him for running our worthless TE and a RS T out there to try and help.

MrCoachKlein
09-28-2023, 03:47 PM

Imagine that adjusting to what the QB is most comfortable with vs running the same 5 plays no matter what...

confucius say
09-28-2023, 03:49 PM
Last year's offense was average.
This year's offense sucks.

But I think the scheme can work.

MrCoachKlein
09-28-2023, 03:51 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/F64MX11WwAAO666?format=jpg&name=medium

This is where we are this year at this time.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FdlPVUYXkAMllT_?format=jpg&name=medium

This is where we were last year at the same time.

So, like C34 said, the D is the problem (at least more so than the O). D dropped ~0.1 to ~0.22. = 0.12 O down ~0.21 to ~0.16 = 0.5

msstate7
09-28-2023, 04:05 PM
Does you no good if the OL can not block within the scheme. Our Rushing game is 82nd in the nation.

How many of the big plays last week were off PA?

MrCoachKlein
09-28-2023, 04:10 PM

PA doesn't exist. It's not part of the Airbone*

dawgday166
09-28-2023, 04:34 PM

PA doesn't exist. It's not part of the Airbone*

No arguing with either one of you but also not sure that would've mattered either way against USCe. We'll see how it goes the rest of the way.

This week ... I don't think we'll move ball whether we RTDFB, PA, or straight drop back.

confucius say
09-28-2023, 04:46 PM
No arguing with either one of you but also not sure that would've mattered either way against USCe. We'll see how it goes the rest of the way.

This week ... I don't think we'll move ball whether we RTDFB, PA, or straight drop back.

We better. We moved the ball last year. We had 20 first downs and 300 yards and had 4 drives go the length of the field inside their 30. We should at least be able to move the ball.

Cooterpoot
09-28-2023, 04:50 PM

What people aren't saying is the box was loaded for the run. After they backed out in the second half, the offense did little. This week is the real test of the offense. Let's see if Barbay can dial up something against a defense.

Coach34
09-28-2023, 06:37 PM
However he did score 19 against a Kirby Smart Natty D ..

7 of those points was a punt return TD

dawgday166
09-28-2023, 07:04 PM
7 of those points was a punt return TD

LOL ... ok the O still scored 12 then. However, a Leach coached team score 19.

ETA: How many punt return TDs or pick 6s did we have all those years under Mullen? I dunno and ain't gonna research but hell ... seems like Everytime someone mentions a pretty good score from last 3 years, you're very quick to point out there were points by ST returns or the D. Sure seems like a lot of those 😜

And we also had a very great moral victory this past week scoring 30 pts with a bunch of Srs and Grads on our roster, against the worst D in the league.

Coach34
09-28-2023, 07:36 PM
And we also had a very great moral victory this past week scoring 30 pts with a bunch of Srs and Grads on our roster, against the worst D in the league.

a team Georgia could only score 24 on

dawgday166
09-28-2023, 07:40 PM

21 in the 2nd half. I'm sure UGA was fully engaged in the game the whole time. With a new OC who sucks. And a new QB. And more off-season turnover of their O personnel.

Coach34
09-28-2023, 08:11 PM
21 in the 2nd half. I'm sure UGA was fully engaged in the game the whole time. With a new OC who sucks. And a new QB. And more off-season turnover of their O personnel.

Wow. That's hilarious.

SC is a minor rival of Georgia- they were there to play ball. SC is the only team Georgia has played with a pulse. Georgia- the top recruiter in the country- scored 3 points in the 1st half vs SC. Our offense clearly outplayed theirs against SC. End of story

dawgday166
09-28-2023, 08:16 PM
Wow. That's hilarious.

SC is a minor rival of Georgia- they were there to play ball. SC is the only team Georgia has played with a pulse. Georgia- the top recruiter in the country- scored 3 points in the 1st half vs SC. Our offense clearly outplayed theirs against SC. End of story

You're hilarious. Now that you're in tight with coaching staff they can do no wrong. They have plenty of time to get things right now.

RezDog7
09-28-2023, 09:32 PM
Then Arnett seriously needs to admit his mistake in changing the offense so drastically and move on from Barbay. He needs to fire Brad's buddy Will and his buddy Mike as well and get someone in that can teach the OL.

Barbay is not the problem

BlackSailsDawg
09-28-2023, 09:36 PM
Barbay is not the problem

Yes he is. That's not to say he will always remain the problem. He is over that offense and it's him that keeps trotting out 11 and 12 personnel knowing we can not properly block on the OL in those and that we lack TEs.

Jarius
09-28-2023, 11:20 PM
We better. We moved the ball last year. We had 20 first downs and 300 yards and had 4 drives go the length of the field inside their 30. We should at least be able to move the ball.

Having 300 yards of offense in this age of College football is embarrassingly bad.

dawgday166
09-28-2023, 11:42 PM
Having 300 yards of offense in this age of College football is embarrassingly bad.

Would tend to agree. But that was against the #3 total D in SEC at their place. 200 yds against the #11 total D in SEC at our place is much worse.

Santiago
09-29-2023, 08:30 AM

Furman put 21 on SC and lots of yards.
I don't see why all the focus on just one game, one matchup, and that we are giving validity to our staff off of relative performance.
We have 4 games to look at our offensive staff, and in the easiest stretch we will see all season. It was bad.

Hoping though that I am totally wrong for the next 8 games.

CoachT14
09-29-2023, 08:43 AM
I don't see why all the focus on just one game, one matchup, and that we are giving validity to our staff off of relative performance.
We have 4 games to look at our offensive staff, and in the easiest stretch we will see all season. It was bad.

The amount of people who are just ignoring the previous 3 games because we played good offense against the only other team worse than us defensively in the SEC is nauseating.

BlackSailsDawg
09-29-2023, 08:50 AM

Yeah, but you are not wrong. These 4 games have been bad. I don't care if we scored 30 when you see the OL bleeding DL against a horrible defense that's ranked 121 out of 130 teams.

The defense allowed the 126th ranked rushing team 144 yards on the ground!

We only had 32 yards rushing against a team allowing 117 per game (with our poor performance factored in)

Wright had 3 carries for -2 yards against a team that allows 117!

Until the OC proves otherwise, we are going to struggle from here out in SEC games. If you think they had the AR figured out, guess what. They know what they see on film with the OL. They are going to play the run, and get after the QB.

msstate7
09-29-2023, 09:48 AM
Yeah, but you are not wrong. These 4 games have been bad. I don't care if we scored 30 when you see the OL bleeding DL against a horrible defense that's ranked 121 out of 130 teams.

We only had 32 yards rushing against a team allowing 117 per game (with our poor performance factored in)

Until the OC proves otherwise, we are going to struggle from here out in SEC games. If you think they had the AR figured out, guess what. They know what they see on film with the OL. They are going to play the run, and get after the QB.

Pretty weird flex to get on the offense for lack of running when it was the PA that led to the explosive plays. It was obvious that SC was taking away the run no matter what.

Coach34
09-29-2023, 09:51 AM

SC has played NC, Georgia, and State. They play Tennessee tomahhh. Their beginning schedule has been ridiculous. Those numbers will shirley improve.

I'll repeat- Georgia has played UT Martin, UAB, and Ball State- Ball State has been outscored 129-20 by Kentucky, Georgia, and Georgia Southern.

One of these schedules is not like the other. Stats dont really start leveling out until midway into the season.

Santiago
09-29-2023, 10:02 AM
SC has played NC, Georgia, and State. They play Tennessee tomahhh. Their beginning schedule has been ridiculous. Those numbers will shirley improve.

I'll repeat- Georgia has played UT Martin, UAB, and Ball State- Ball State has been outscored 129-20 by Kentucky, Georgia, and Georgia Southern.

One of these schedules is not like the other. Stats dont really start leveling out until midway into the season.

Furman scored 14 points in the first half against SC. It was 27-14 at the half.
If we are going to compare how SC did against Georgia then it is fair to compare this one too.

I don't think we know what we have yet, but are all hoping we turned it around. But we only scored on SC by PTDF and not RTDF.

BlackSailsDawg
09-29-2023, 10:15 AM
Pretty weird flex to get on the offense for lack of running when it was the PA that led to the explosive plays. It was obvious that SC was taking away the run no matter what.

All I did was post facts. It was against the 121 defense. That OL is not grasping the blocking. The OC stated he had to do a better job with the OL coaches because even he sees the issues.

PA did not create all of the explosives. Sorry. PA vs Bama with the OL not blocking is going to have any QB sacked before the can turn in get set. Turner and Braswell have 8 sacks with the DL adding another 3. They are going to play man and play to take out the QB.

BlackSailsDawg
09-29-2023, 10:19 AM
Furman scored 14 points in the first half against SC. It was 27-14 at the half.
If we are going to compare how SC did against Georgia then it is fair to compare this one too.

I don't think we know what we have yet, but are all hoping we turned it around. But we only scored on SC by PTDF and not RTDF.

With more AR designs too

dawgday166
09-29-2023, 10:22 AM

Cause he buds with the new coaches (home boys) and he wants them to stay. So he coming up with all kinds of excuses for their lack of performance now.

This from the guy who has been the most harsh critic of our past coaches ... especially Leach.

Santiago
09-29-2023, 10:25 AM
Cause he buds with the new coaches (home boys) and he wants them to stay. So he coming up with all kinds of excuses for their lack of performance now.

This from the guy who has been the most harsh critic of our past coaches ... especially Leach.

When does the OC and offensive line, and form HS coach gurus on our staff get cool nicknames on Sunday mornings? ***

Santiago
09-29-2023, 10:27 AM
With more AR designs too

yes. It is such a huge equalizer against better talent. But go ahead Arnett, listen to those in your ear now instead of the coach that had more top 25 upsets in the past 3 years than any other MSU coach.

Homedawg
09-29-2023, 10:33 AM
yes. It is such a huge equalizer against better talent. But go ahead Arnett, listen to those in your ear now instead of the coach that had more top 25 upsets in the past 3 years than any other MSU coach.

Clearly..... as it showed against bama for the last 3 years..... equalizer alright.

Santiago
09-29-2023, 10:36 AM
Clearly..... as it showed against bama for the last 3 years..... equalizer alright.

sure. pick the one game no other coach has won either.
But ignore the 3 years beating more top 25 , with less talent.

dawgday166
09-29-2023, 10:37 AM
Nm

dawgday166
09-29-2023, 10:38 AM
When does the OC and offensive line, and form HS coach gurus on our staff get cool nicknames on Sunday mornings? ***

LOL ... that do seem to be missing don't it.

Coach34
09-29-2023, 10:57 AM

I only know a few of the coaches but I'm just willing to give them some time and feel like a 500 yard record setting WR performance this past Saturday is something to build on- rather than be pissy about. I expect us to get better on offense- thats probably the biggest difference between me and you. October is a big month for us as a football team

BlackSailsDawg
09-29-2023, 11:05 AM
I only know a few of the coaches but I'm just willing to give them some time and feel like a 500 yard record setting WR performance this past Saturday is something to build on- rather than be pissy about. I expect us to get better on offense- thats probably the biggest difference between me and you. October is a big month for us as a football team

Well, no WR got 500 yards, but thank Leach that we have a QB that can hit those passes and WRS that can (when properly taught) run those routes and make those catches in the face of pressure due to the OL not understanding the blocking schemes. That confusion is from the TOP down.

msstate7
09-29-2023, 11:18 AM
Well, no WR got 500 yards, but thank Leach that we have a QB that can hit those passes and WRS that can (when properly taught) run those routes and make those catches in the face of pressure due to the OL not understanding the blocking schemes. That confusion is from the TOP down.

Wouldn't you thank Moorhead for will?

Coach34
09-29-2023, 11:21 AM
Well, no WR got 500 yards,

Good lord.

I am encouraged by the over 500 yards of offense which included the record setting WR performance under Barbay. Barbay had us doing things we never did under Leach and it was fun to watch after such boring, monotonous checkdowns for 3 years of Airbone offense.

dawgday166
09-29-2023, 11:22 AM

I'm just doing a small amount of what the Romans have done on here in years past. Now the Romans have decided to be "patient". Amazing.

I'm not really bashing them either. Just ain't getting excited about what we did against what probably is a poor defense. Hell ... I won't get too excited if we upset Bama this week. Cause knowing MSU we might lose the remainder of our games from there.

While I was a Leach fan, unlike you were with Leach, I don't want this staff to fail. I want Barbay and company turn out to be the best OC and O coaching staff in the last 20 years. And I want Will to keep balling out similar to this past weekend.

Coach34
09-29-2023, 11:29 AM
I was 100% a Leach- I just hated his offense. He was hilarious and a thinker. Hard to not admire that.

msstate7
09-29-2023, 11:49 AM
I'm just doing a small amount of what the Romans have done on here in years past. Now the Romans have decided to be "patient". Amazing.

I'm not really bashing them either. Just ain't getting excited about what we did against what probably is a poor defense. Hell ... I won't get too excited if we upset Bama this week. Cause knowing MSU we might lose the remainder of our games from there.

While I was a Leach fan, unlike you were with Leach, I don't want this staff to fail. I want Barbay and company turn out to be the best OC and O coaching staff in the last 20 years. And I want Will to keep balling out similar to this past weekend.

I'm not real excited about last week either until we can string some 400+ yd games in a row vs sec teams. 500+ vs a sec isn't some small feat though... leach did it 3 times - 2020 lsu, 2021 vandy, and 2022 ark.

RockyDog
09-29-2023, 11:54 AM

Thank Leach? If you think that ANY of those pass plays are called much less thrown under his watch with the little play napkin, you are kidding yourself. Leach didn’t know what the words play action meant.

Whether it was Will or Barbay, who gives a shit. At least he took some shots. FOR ONCE in his career. Let’s hope that continues for the rest of the season and we see what happens against beatable opponents.

Santiago
09-29-2023, 11:56 AM
I'm not real excited about last week either until we can string some 400+ yd games in a row vs sec teams. 500+ vs a sec isn't some small feat though... leach did it 3 times - 2020 lsu, 2021 vandy, and 2022 ark.

Games are a little shorter now, with the clock running, so I wonder if the big yard games are fewer. Something at the end of the season to see how Div 1 teams fared.
This sort of goes back to me having an issue with Arnett saying he changed offenses because his defense was on the field too much. It was a flat out lie, and especially this season with the clock running on first downs.

BlackSailsDawg
09-29-2023, 12:00 PM
Wouldn't you thank Moorhead for will?

Why would I do that? Leach was recruiting Rogers and had a relationship. He closed on that once HC and he is the one that trained Rogers.

BlackSailsDawg
09-29-2023, 12:02 PM
Good lord.

I am encouraged by the over 500 yards of offense which included the record setting WR performance under Barbay. Barbay had us doing things we never did under Leach and it was fun to watch after such boring, monotonous checkdowns for 3 years of Airbone offense.

That's not going to happen against the rest of of the SEC games because those defenses are not ranked 121 in all of the college football land. BUT I have no doubt that you will be right here ready to cut down and blame Rogers over the OC who is demanding we run a personnel that we are not fitted for.

Santiago
09-29-2023, 12:05 PM
That's not going to happen against the rest of of the SEC games because those defenses are not ranked 121 in all of the college football land. BUT I have no doubt that you will be right here ready to cut down and blame Rogers over the OC who is demanding we run a personnel that we are not fitted for.

yeah but they played Georgia though ***
joking aside, I do think this whole push to the running game is the most MSU thing ever. It never worked in the past, and we could never recruit good receivers. But we would see other teams(eh em, TSUN) with great receivers and flashing fun games. But sure, lets get back to "MSU football".

BlackSailsDawg
09-29-2023, 12:10 PM
Thank Leach? If you think that ANY of those pass plays are called much less thrown under his watch with the little play napkin, you are kidding yourself. Leach didn’t know what the words play action meant.

Whether it was Will or Barbay, who gives a shit. At least he took some shots. FOR ONCE in his career. Let’s hope that continues for the rest of the season and we see what happens against beatable opponents.

Yes thank Leach. The very first clip in the video linked in the OP is an AIR RAID play. All other clips of 11 personnel show massive issues with the OL because the OC communication to the OL coach either sucks or non existent.

He has always taken shows and that is exactly what people are talking about. No objective bone in the anti Leach or Air Raid haters. Which btw, we all wanted more Run to force people out of the 3-8.

BlackSailsDawg
09-29-2023, 12:15 PM
yeah but they played Georgia though ***
joking aside, I do think this whole push to the running game is the most MSU thing ever. It never worked in the past, and we could never recruit good receivers. But we would see other teams(eh em, TSUN) with great receivers and flashing fun games. But sure, lets get back to "MSU football".

Yes sir! It's amazing to watch! They want a return to a 52-57% passer. That's not getting us over the top. The Air Raid attracts WRs and QBs. Something MSU has never done well with. Now does that mean we have to run a Leach AR? NO.

If we really want to be productive, you mix it up. Barbay has the opportunity to develop a Modified AR that uses a TE and PA. He needs to see what he has and what he does not.

dawgday166
09-29-2023, 02:19 PM

This is mostly my point. I'm not excited about one game especially when we have looked as bad as we have in the others.

And this ain't with a bunch of freshmen like 2020 was. We should be putting up over 400 yds against every opponent we have this year, including the one tomorrow. Also, outside of DJ and Sharp, I'm pretty sure the O is same as last year.

And our D ... that's a whole nuther story.

ETA: Last week Will was a baller. If he keeps doing that we'll probably turn out pretty good on O this year. If he had done that the last half of last year we probably would've had better results with the Air Raid ... which is also my point. We'll see if he keeps being a baller when we face more physical teams. SC wasn't that physical last week IMO.

Commercecomet24
09-29-2023, 02:30 PM
Yes sir! It's amazing to watch! They want a return to a 52-57% passer. That's not getting us over the top. The Air Raid attracts WRs and QBs. Something MSU has never done well with. Now does that mean we have to run a Leach AR? NO.

If we really want to be productive, you mix it up. Barbay has the opportunity to develop a Modified AR that uses a TE and PA. He needs to see what he has and what he does not.

The last paragraph makes great points and I believe is what 99% of us want to see out of this offense. Hopefully Barbay saw what the potential
is this past Saturday. Time will tell and a big test tomorrow. Let?s see what happens.

BlackSailsDawg
09-29-2023, 02:57 PM
The last paragraph makes great points and I believe is what 99% of us want to see out of this offense. Hopefully Barbay saw what the potential
is this past Saturday. Time will tell and a big test tomorrow. Let?s see what happens.

It is examine week!

Cooterpoot
09-29-2023, 03:07 PM
Dear 8 lb 9 oz little baby Jesus, we need a win. I'll stop cussing and drinking and runnin' round and missing church baby Jesus. I'll buy tickets and stand up and ring my bell Lil Lord Jesus. Just get us through this deep, deep valley of football despair that is our football history. Especially against The Gumps. Amen Amen Amen!
Your faithful servant~ Cooterpoot

Commercecomet24
09-29-2023, 03:08 PM
It is examine week!

No doubt! I hope we build on last week, and we'll be able to tell because we all know our recent offensive history against bama.

Commercecomet24
09-29-2023, 03:11 PM
Dear 8 lb 9 oz little baby Jesus, we need a win. I'll stop cussing and drinking and runnin' round and missing church baby Jesus. I'll buy tickets and stand up and ring my bell Lil Lord Jesus. Just get us through this deep, deep valley of football despair that is our football history. Amen Amen Amen!
Your faithful servant~ Cooterpoot

And the congregation said AMEN!

dawgday166
09-29-2023, 04:13 PM

Here's a link to Will's passing splits last year. Check out the vs Ranked and vs Unranked stats
http://cfbstats.com/2022/player/430/1112220/passing/split.html

Here's a link to Fitz's passing stats in 2017. Check out the vs Ranked and vs Unranked stats
http://cfbstats.com/2017/player/430/1063949/passing/split.html

Now check out Fitz's rushing splits vs Ranked and Unranked

Now ... keep in mind that year Fitz played against the SECW Champion (AU which whupped Bama good and also beat GA in regular season), the SEC Champ (GA), and the Natty Champ (Bama beat GA). AU & GA were away games.

Will faced Natty champ (GA at home) and West Champ (LSU in Death Valley). ETA: and of course Bama in T-town.

Fitz actually had a slightly higher QBR against ranked teams. Imagine that. And he had nowheres near the receivers Will had last year.

I'll take Fitz.

Don't get too carried away trying to make your points.

ETA: And Fitz balled out every game, even when he was getting the hell beat out of him.

Santiago
09-29-2023, 05:11 PM
Here's a link to Will's passing splits last year. Check out the vs Ranked and vs Unranked stats
http://cfbstats.com/2022/player/430/1112220/passing/split.html

Here's a link to Fitz's passing stats in 2017. Check out the vs Ranked and vs Unranked stats

Now check out Fitz's rushing splits vs Ranked and Unranked

Now ... keep in mind that year Fitz played against the SECW Champion (AU which whupped Bama good and also beat GA in regular season), the SEC Champ (GA), and the Natty Champ (Bama beat GA). AU & GA were away games.

Will faced Natty champ (GA at home) and West Champ (LSU in Death Valley). ETA: and of course Bama in T-town.

Fitz actually had a slightly higher QBR against ranked teams. Imagine that. And he had nowheres near the receivers Will had last year.

I'll take Fitz.

Don't get too carried away trying to make your points.

ETA: And Fitz balled out every game, even when he was getting the hell beat out of him.

Are we comparing now Fitz v. Rogers? This seems to be a totally different thread topic. To me, your stats show that Rogers had a decline last year v. 2021, a year he faced 5 ranked teams.
If this is the new topic, I will take Don Smith.
But if we are still talking about offensive styles, I would go with Coach Leach beating more top 25 teams in 3 years than any previous MSU coach. And he did it while totally revamping the roster with better receivers. Modify that air raid he had , and go with it.
As someone else posted, maybe Barbay merges the two.

dawgday166
09-29-2023, 08:25 PM
Are we comparing now Fitz v. Rogers? This seems to be a totally different thread topic. To me, your stats show that Rogers had a decline last year v. 2021, a year he faced 5 ranked teams.
If this is the new topic, I will take Don Smith.
But if we are still talking about offensive styles, I would go with Coach Leach beating more top 25 teams in 3 years than any previous MSU coach. And he did it while totally revamping the roster with better receivers. Modify that air raid he had , and go with it.
As someone else posted, maybe Barbay merges the two.

Not a new thread topic...just BSD gets a little carried away at times harping on the wonders of the Air Raid, Rogers accuracy, completion percentage and whatnot. And that's the end all and be all.

He was saying some folks wanna go back to a 52 to 57% completions QBs. Just showing that Fitz completion percentage, QBR, etc against top tier competition compared very favorably to Will's numbers last year against the same.

We won 8 regular season both times but with Fitz 9 would've been the case if OM doesn't break his ankle.

Todd4State
09-30-2023, 12:02 AM

I think most MSU fans in general want to see MSU run a modified modern Air Raid.

I also have doubts as to whether Barbay can actually do that.

Commercecomet24
09-30-2023, 12:13 AM
I think most MSU fans in general want to see MSU run a modified modern Air Raid.

I also have doubts as to whether Barbay can actually do that.

I honestly don?t care what they call the offense. Barbay showed last Saturday the possibility of adaptation. Tomorrow we?ll find out more. As BSD said we need to have a mixture and we do need the ability to run the ball. Balance to me doesn?t mean 50/50 pass run plays but the ability to run when it?s needed and the ability to pass when needed and get chunk plays and not just short gainers. I?m willing to let the season play out and see what happens because we really have no choice and beating the same dead horse day after day really does no good lol.

Todd4State
09-30-2023, 12:38 AM
I honestly don?t care what they call the offense. Barbay showed last Saturday the possibility of adaptation. Tomorrow we?ll find out more. As BSD said we need to have a mixture and we do need the ability to run the ball. Balance to me doesn?t mean 50/50 pass run plays but the ability to run when it?s needed and the ability to pass when needed and get chunk plays and not just short gainers. I?m willing to let the season play out and see what happens because we really have no choice and beating the same dead horse day after day really does no good lol.

Yeah. I think too many coaches get caught up in the 50 pass and 50 run thing. Which really doesn't make sense because if you are a traditional 21 personnel grouping you have 2 running backs and 3 eligible receivers. So that would mean 40% to the running backs and 60% to the receivers, right?

To me balance is about getting the ball in each of your play makers hands throughout the game. Whether that's passing or running. I think there are times to run and you really need that ability to run out the clock when you have the lead. But to me I think the best way to go is to pass to get the lead and then run to stay there.

Commercecomet24
09-30-2023, 02:00 AM
Yeah. I think too many coaches get caught up in the 50 pass and 50 run thing. Which really doesn't make sense because if you are a traditional 21 personnel grouping you have 2 running backs and 3 eligible receivers. So that would mean 40% to the running backs and 60% to the receivers, right?

To me balance is about getting the ball in each of your play makers hands throughout the game. Whether that's passing or running. I think there are times to run and you really need that ability to run out the clock when you have the lead. But to me I think the best way to go is to pass to get the lead and then run to stay there.

Imo the Patriots approach is the best way. Each game has to be approached with a way to attack that particular team where they?re most vulnerable. Each weeks game plan is specific for that particular team. I?ve seen Brady throw it 20-25 times and pound the rock to win one week and throw it 60 times the next week. That?s what balance is, being able to attack a team where they?re most vulnerable. For a baseball example if a guy is a first pitch fastball hitter you dint throw him a fastball on first pitch. I can?t remember what year it was but bama was destroying om on the ground the first half and then kiffen calling pass plays the second half and om wound up beating bama. If they stayed on the ground bama wins. But I?m like you I want to see our best players get the touches whether it?s running or throwing just get it done barbay!

Cowbell
09-30-2023, 05:39 AM
Barbay didn't adapt his offense this past week. Those passing plays were used earlier in the season but we chose to dump it off or had to due to pressure. The offense hasn't changed. Our QB grew a pair and our OL gave him some time. Barbay is limited by his QB. Will wants to be the leader you can tell but he goes into the fetal position and crumbles when he is pressured. Until he learns to roll out and cut loose, we ain't beating Bama. I don't understand why more of you can't see it. He crumbled against OM, he crumbled in the bowl game, he was crumbling against Arizona (despite getting the credit for leading us to a win that should have gone to a RB). He ultimately crumbled last week but somehow we got a moral victory. Will was who he was before we abandoned the air raid. He nearly cost us several games last year. We all talked about it on here, but suddenly now we want to blame the OC for not adapting to him. BS. This is SEC football. Man up and take over a game.

Pancho
09-30-2023, 06:14 AM
Cowbell gets it.

BlackSailsDawg
09-30-2023, 09:17 AM
Barbay didn't adapt his offense this past week. Those passing plays were used earlier in the season but we chose to dump it off or had to due to pressure. The offense hasn't changed. Our QB grew a pair and our OL gave him some time. Barbay is limited by his QB. Will wants to be the leader you can tell but he goes into the fetal position and crumbles when he is pressured. Until he learns to roll out and cut loose, we ain't beating Bama. I don't understand why more of you can't see it. He crumbled against OM, he crumbled in the bowl game, he was crumbling against Arizona (despite getting the credit for leading us to a win that should have gone to a RB). He ultimately crumbled last week but somehow we got a moral victory. Will was who he was before we abandoned the air raid. He nearly cost us several games last year. We all talked about it on here, but suddenly now we want to blame the OC for not adapting to him. BS. This is SEC football. Man up and take over a game.

Well see... the very first play in the is video, once again, was air raid.

Once again, the OC met with Rogers to go over what he felt would work. Rogers has never been the problem. With Leach, it was a lack of being able or willing gto run it enough to make a defense play us differently.

The proof is in the pudding. The ol that is very seasoned is not grasping his blocking schemes or he is horrible at implementing it.

And tonight you are going to see that ol getting any qb behind it killed unless in the past 6 days they suddenly clicked.

Cooterpoot
09-30-2023, 11:59 AM
Look, we can all argue over a lot of things here, but no damn body can argue our talent isnt way down. Leach and that staff didn't recruit us anything but WRs and a couple DBs and/or hasn't developed much talent. We lose a lot of guys this year and we don't have players on the roster to fill those spots.

Coach34
09-30-2023, 12:06 PM
Well see... the very first play in the is video, once again, was air raid.

Every offense in college football not named Navy runs Air Raid passing plays

Santiago
09-30-2023, 02:30 PM
Look, we can all argue over a lot of things here, but no damn body can argue our talent isnt way down. Leach and that staff didn't recruit us anything but WRs and a couple DBs and/or hasn't developed much talent. We lose a lot of guys this year and we don't have players on the roster to fill those spots.

agree. Something I have wondered is how much interference did CZA have in recruiting, from Emerick and that group. Did they cause CZA to lose on anyone? If not, then we basically hired the guy as HC that has been recruiting this defense the past 3 years.
We do seem to have some young talented defensive players though.

BuckyIsAB****
09-30-2023, 05:00 PM
Watching them on the sideline....

https://64.media.tumblr.com/56919c94e4627e63a02692da348a89a1/9cfba3f2d050bebd-b6/s540x810/cbd97997b1bbaba8a1c3f0d7a46c3b6837670621.gifv

He 100 percent has pulled some levers. Hate to tell you

dawgday166
09-30-2023, 05:04 PM
He 100 percent has pulled some levers. Hate to tell you

34 defending his home boy **

Santiago
09-30-2023, 07:57 PM
That South Carolina defense is really good. Held UT to 14 points in the first quarter ***

Really Clark?
09-30-2023, 08:00 PM
That South Carolina defense is really good. Held UT to 14 points in the first quarter ***

Isn't Tenn averaging 35 per game? It's not like they are playing a weak offense

Santiago
09-30-2023, 08:22 PM
Isn't Tenn averaging 35 per game? It's not like they are playing a weak offense

They scored 16 against Florida and 30 against Austin Peay......yeah explosive.