PDA

View Full Version : Wyatt film study

Pages : 1 [2]

Santiago
09-30-2023, 08:28 PM
Looks like air raid plays tonight

Coach34
09-30-2023, 09:19 PM
yeahhhhh- that zone read TD had Leach's prints all over it. We are running Barbay's O and it's beautiful. Best we have looked vs Bama since 1997

BankerDog
09-30-2023, 09:25 PM
yeahhhhh- that zone read TD had Leach's prints all over it. We are running Barbay's O and it's beautiful. Best we have looked vs Bama since 1997

Guess you forgot ?17?speaking of your boy?s defense still isn?t getting it done. Who was in charge of recruiting and developing safeties, LBs, and DL? The DC who is now HC that still has everyone minus Phelps (whom we let go so the great recruiter Turner could clean up the state..how?s that going?)

Coach34
09-30-2023, 09:28 PM
Guess you forgot ?17?speaking of your boy?s defense still isn?t getting it done. Who was in charge of recruiting and developing safeties, LBs, and DL? The DC who is now HC that still has everyone minus Phelps (whom we let go so the great recruiter Turner could clean up the state..how?s that going?)

Looking at our team- did Phelps really recruit well? Really? Turner just got the job- his recruiting begins this signing period

BankerDog
09-30-2023, 09:31 PM
Looking at our team- did Phelps really recruit well? Really? Turner just got the job- his recruiting begins this signing period

He got a job in January. He doesn?t have anyone other than a development kid and Hibbler.

Phelps did land Trevion Williams and Dinkins though who will be good.

You need to tell your boy Brad, or is it flamed out Steve Campbell, to tell Arnett to start working on some tackling drills?

BankerDog
09-30-2023, 09:33 PM

Did our safety coach and LB coach recruit well too?? Because this is the worse we?ve looked against these guys since ?03?we?re making this Bama offense look good and they aren?t.

BlackSailsDawg
09-30-2023, 09:52 PM

It was Rogers that put us down there. And Barbay needs to be fired

Santiago
09-30-2023, 10:03 PM

We look bad overall.
The O is looking good other than Rogers.

Coach34
09-30-2023, 10:33 PM
We look bad overall.
The O is looking good other than Rogers.

agree- Rogers is holding back the offense

Really Clark?
09-30-2023, 11:24 PM
It was Rogers that put us down there. And Barbay needs to be fired

Barbay was not the problem tonight unless you count not making a change when Will cost us the game the first half.

BlackSailsDawg
09-30-2023, 11:34 PM
Barbay was not the problem tonight unless you count not making a change when Will cost us the game the first half.

Yes he was the problem. He reduced the AR concepts, demanded we run 11 and 12 personnel when you, me, and not 1 damn poster will ever claim we have TEs that can get done what he is trying.

The OL is still confused on it. We wasted a season by a bad hire.

Santiago
09-30-2023, 11:40 PM
Yes he was the problem. He reduced the AR concepts, demanded we run 11 and 12 personnel when you, me, and not 1 damn poster will ever claim we have TEs that can get done what he is trying.

This! And Arnett listened to good ole boys. It actually comes through on this site at times also.

Really Clark?
09-30-2023, 11:48 PM

No you are being blinded by your agenda. Personnel was completely irrelevant when we actually had enough going to have this a 1 score game going into the half if not tied. I've defended Will a lot, but this crap was on him tonight.

Homedawg
10-01-2023, 08:38 AM

We scored more than the air raid ever did. Just shut up.

Homedawg
10-01-2023, 08:38 AM
No you are being blinded by your agenda. Personnel was completely irrelevant when we actually had enough going to have this a 1 score game going into the half if not tied. I've defended Will a lot, but this crap was on him tonight.

Correct. Will was bad.

Cooterpoot
10-01-2023, 08:54 AM
We scored more than the air raid ever did. Just shut up.

and our offense is ranked 12th in the SEC in most categories. It's not good. Will isn't good either. It all needs to be blown up

Activated Alpha
10-01-2023, 09:00 AM
and our offense is ranked 12th in the SEC in most categories. It's not good. Will isn't good either. It all needs to be blown up

Blown up and demolished. We made some very bad decisions in the athletic department

Really Clark?
10-01-2023, 09:01 AM

Probably but it gets tiring for the AR cultist to blast this offense 5 games in when they preached patience for Leach to get his 6 plays established even going into year 3.

msstate7
10-01-2023, 09:08 AM
Probably but it gets tiring for the AR cultist to blast this offense 5 games in when they preached patience for Leach to get his 6 plays established even going into year 3.
^^^^

Cooterpoot
10-01-2023, 09:24 AM

Yeah. the Air Raid was hard to watch. I suspect a better QB makes it better too, but when they didn't recruit much other than WRs that doesn't matter. The disgustingly poor recruiting/development is far worse than what Croom did to us.

Todd4State
10-01-2023, 09:36 AM

That was mostly because of Leach's career track record. Which buys a coach time.

This staff returned a bunch of seniors and a lot of talent at skill positions and an experienced offensive line.

Santiago
10-02-2023, 07:35 AM
Yeah. the Air Raid was hard to watch. I suspect a better QB makes it better too, but when they didn't recruit much other than WRs that doesn't matter. The disgustingly poor recruiting/development is far worse than what Croom did to us.

I thought the signing of Parson was a big sign of where the AR was headed at MSU. A big arm, and mobile also. We did seem to go big game hunting in QB recruiting. And to start adding some of the running game. I felt we were headed to a modified AR like other AR coaches have, which would have been perfect for MSU to offset the talent of other SEC schools.
Dave Emerick seemed to have done more bad for us than any one person, from what I gathered.

But Arnett has had 4 years to establish his own defense, since Leach allowed him to do whatever.

Santiago
10-02-2023, 07:40 AM

I think it is more of watching games this season with CZA listening to a HS coach every 90 seconds through the game, and looking lost. And that we were starting to recruit QB's and skill players for this offense as a group, that we had never had at MSU.
And the fact that some buddies were hired because of it. Just more of the good ole boy crap.
Calling fans of the AR as cultist is much, but I saw that offense run for years living in TX, and it neutralizes more talented teams.
MSU needs that in some way, but it just seemed very stupid of Arnett and those in his ear to go 180 and scrap it when they had all the upper classmen that only knew that system.

The other thing, I am wondering is MS High Schools, compared to TX HS and other states, is in the dark ages of running offenses. It seems even on here that HS coaches in MS are clinging to the wing T.
The QBs in junior high in TX go in the summer for coaching clinics from Heisman winners, and former NFL QBs. They learn to study film in junior high, at a complex level.

Really Clark?
10-02-2023, 08:11 AM
I think it is more of watching games this season with CZA listening to a HS coach every 90 seconds through the game, and looking lost. And that we were starting to recruit QB's and skill players for this offense as a group, that we had never had at MSU.
And the fact that some buddies were hired because of it. Just more of the good ole boy crap.
Calling fans of the AR as cultist is much, but I saw that offense run for years living in TX, and it neutralizes more talented teams.
MSU needs that in some way, but it just seemed very stupid of Arnett and those in his ear to go 180 and scrap it when they had all the upper classmen that only knew that system.

The other thing, I am wondering is MS High Schools, compared to TX HS and other states, is in the dark ages of running offenses. It seems even on here that HS coaches in MS are clinging to the wing T.
The QBs in junior high in TX go in the summer for coaching clinics from Heisman winners, and former NFL QBs. They learn to study film in junior high.

I wasn't talking about you. It's the few cultist that spam the board and are being hypocritical with their views at times. I loved Leach and have defended him and Will over the years but also called them out when they were not working. My biggest fear was the old AR just wasn't going to work in this league to the same level as it did out west, too much defensive talent and better defensive coaching. I understand Leach would be hard to change what had been successful for him in the past but it had to update. Very slowly it was beginning to evolve.

The other stuff you are posting, I don't get caught up in that because we get too laser focused on our team and try to decipher the problems looking at auxiliary stuff that are not an issue. Coaches, very successful coaches all across the country have people on the sidelines or on the head set talking with them a lot as well. Sonny Dykes and Dan Lemming are 2 but we are not focused on them. If we were winning it wouldn't have been brought on here either. It's like marriage troubles, people focus and fight about auxiliary stuff as an issue and not the actual problems.

As far as TX HS, we don't play in that league and they don't run the pure AR either. They also run a lot of veer and shoot. They are very polished and developed but it's an issue recruiting some of the players because of it. They can be over ranked because they have peaked or close to peak before they get to college. Not all, but you have to make sure that they have more to develop into.

You have so many small rural schools here, many with great athletes but not the numbers. Usually with undersized lineman. It boils down to playing my best athlete at QB and running what he can run and utilize his abilities to be competitive. He may not can throw well but can run like a deer. So you do see a lot of old school veer and wing T stuff run.

Cooterpoot
10-02-2023, 08:13 AM
TX players? That why Texas has been so damn mediocre for a long time and why we routinely beat A&M? Texas just has larger numbers.

Coach34
10-02-2023, 08:31 AM
The QBs in junior high in TX go in the summer for coaching clinics from Heisman winners, and former NFL QBs. They learn to study film in junior high, at a complex level.

There may be 1 team a year a team plays in HS in Mississippi that gets under center. A bigger problem I see is basketball coaches talking the 6'3/6'4 WR types Texas has into just playing basketball so they dont "get hurt" and lose their NBA dreams.

Homedawg
10-02-2023, 10:50 AM
I thought the signing of Parson was a big sign of where the AR was headed at MSU. A big arm, and mobile also. We did seem to go big game hunting in QB recruiting. And to start adding some of the running game. I felt we were headed to a modified AR like other AR coaches have, which would have been perfect for MSU to offset the talent of other SEC schools.
Dave Emerick seemed to have done more bad for us than any one person, from what I gathered.

But Arnett has had 4 years to establish his own defense, since Leach allowed him to do whatever.

Emerick was awful. The two that followed were equally as bad.

Santiago
10-02-2023, 11:58 AM
I wasn't talking about you. It's the few cultist that spam the board and are being hypocritical with their views at times. I loved Leach and have defended him and Will over the years but also called them out when they were not working. My biggest fear was the old AR just wasn't going to work in this league to the same level as it did out west, too much defensive talent and better defensive coaching. I understand Leach would be hard to change what had been successful for him in the past but it had to update. Very slowly it was beginning to evolve.

The other stuff you are posting, I don't get caught up in that because we get too laser focused on our team and try to decipher the problems looking at auxiliary stuff that are not an issue. Coaches, very successful coaches all across the country have people on the sidelines or on the head set talking with them a lot as well. Sonny Dykes and Dan Lemming are 2 but we are not focused on them. If we were winning it wouldn't have been brought on here either. It's like marriage troubles, people focus and fight about auxiliary stuff as an issue and not the actual problems.

As far as TX HS, we don't play in that league and they don't run the pure AR either. They also run a lot of veer and shoot. They are very polished and developed but it's an issue recruiting some of the players because of it. They can be over ranked because they have peaked or close to peak before they get to college. Not all, but you have to make sure that they have more to develop into.

You have so many small rural schools here, many with great athletes but not the numbers. Usually with undersized lineman. It boils down to playing my best athlete at QB and running what he can run and utilize his abilities to be competitive. He may not can throw well but can run like a deer. So you do see a lot of old school veer and wing T stuff run.

All great points.
I liked the AR because it seemed we might have an offense that neutralizes the talent deficiency in the SEC. I wonder how it would have looked in a couple of years with Parson, the the others coming in. Rogers had talent issues, and at times I wonder how much drop 8 would occur with a QB that could just grab 5 yards and slide, and also modify for some run plays.

I think at MSU we really need a good system, that is an equalizer. That was one for years. It seems to me Leach knew the he needed his QBs in the system, and perhaps needed to milk the clock due to his defense .

Todd4State
10-02-2023, 12:34 PM
All great points.
I liked the AR because it seemed we might have an offense that neutralizes the talent deficiency in the SEC. I wonder how it would have looked in a couple of years with Parson, the the others coming in. Rogers had talent issues, and at times I wonder how much drop 8 would occur with a QB that could just grab 5 yards and slide, and also modify for some run plays.

I think at MSU we really need a good system, that is an equalizer. That was one for years. It seems to me Leach knew the he needed his QBs in the system, and perhaps needed to milk the clock due to his defense .

It would have looked different with a QB who is more aggressive at pushing the ball down the field more. Even Leach wanted Will to do that.

We also needed better slot receivers instead of possession types like Austin Williams and Rufus Harvey. We needed some guys that could make people miss in space.

Really Clark?
10-02-2023, 01:05 PM
It would have looked different with a QB who is more aggressive at pushing the ball down the field more. Even Leach wanted Will to do that.

We also needed better slot receivers instead of possession types like Austin Williams and Rufus Harvey. We needed some guys that could make people miss in space.

We had a better slot WR on the team playing out of position by CML. I understand what he was going for but he didn't see it the way you do.

Homedawg
10-02-2023, 01:08 PM
We had a better slot WR on the team playing out of position by CML. I understand what he was going for but he didn't see it the way you do.

This.

confucius say
10-02-2023, 02:38 PM

I agree. The scheme will work. We need a playmaker at QB though for it to work.

RezDog7
10-04-2023, 10:31 AM
That was mostly because of Leach's career track record. Which buys a coach time.

This staff returned a bunch of seniors and a lot of talent at skill positions and an experienced offensive line.

I think the "we returned a lot of talent" is way over estimated. It's a lame excuse. Who would start for another SEC school right now. Tulu?

Homedawg
10-04-2023, 10:36 AM
I think the "we returned a lot of talent" is way over estimated. It's a lame excuse. Who would start for another SEC school right now. Tulu?

Good point. Like the year vandy returned all 22 starters....... of a 0-11 team. That's comforting

Todd4State
10-04-2023, 11:50 AM

Woody. Zavion. Justin Robinson. Crumedy, Pickering, Bookie, Jett, and I could go on.

Emmanuel Forbes is not the only reason we won 9 games last year. Now we're having trouble lining up correctly.

BlackSailsDawg
10-04-2023, 01:45 PM
Woody. Zavion. Justin Robinson. Crumedy, Pickering, Bookie, Jett, and I could go on.

Emmanuel Forbes is not the only reason we won 9 games last year. Now we're having trouble lining up correctly.

It's coaching.

Nobody can say with a straight face that this returning vet team all of the sudden can't get it. We are talking PROGRAM wide issues and we need to clean house save the STs coach

TrapGame
10-04-2023, 01:55 PM
It's coaching.

Nobody can say with a straight face that this returning vet team all of the sudden can't get it. We are talking PROGRAM wide issues and we need to clean house save the STs coach

Yep, coaching. This team may be worse than JoMo's 2019 team. Even Croom's teams had a decent defense. Hell, that's one of the main reasons we went bowling in 2007.

We are severely lacking in the coaching department.

Goldendawg
10-04-2023, 03:18 PM
Good point. Like the year vandy returned all 22 starters....... of a 0-11 team. That's comforting

Yeah, in this mind boggling "O" looks like our players are a year older but not better. In addition to all the defensive issues.

Goldendawg
10-04-2023, 03:20 PM

Could it have to do with our rookie HC promoting the LB coach to DC? Has he had experience at DC anywhere?

Goldendawg
10-04-2023, 03:28 PM
Yep, coaching. This team may be worse than JoMo's 2019 team. Even Croom's teams had a decent defense. Hell, that's one of the main reasons we went bowling in 2007.

We are severely lacking in the coaching department.

Rookie AD, check.
Rookie FB HC, check.
Rookie DC, check.
Rookie OC in SEC, check.
Safeties Coach (Former GA for us but has coached them at Texas State), check.
Rethread OL Coach (but we have 2!), check.
Staff with HS coaching experience allegedly in Rookie HC ear, check.
Forcing new "O" on veteran players that can't run it, check.

What could possibly go wrong?**

BlackSailsDawg
10-04-2023, 04:07 PM
Rookie AD, check.
Rookie FB HC, check.
Rookie DC, check.
Rookie OC in SEC, check.

Damn well put!

Dawgology
10-04-2023, 08:52 PM
Rookie AD, check.
Rookie FB HC, check.
Rookie DC, check.
Rookie OC in SEC, check.

If that’s not a recipe for success I dont know what is!! **

Santiago
10-05-2023, 07:22 AM
Rookie AD, check.
Rookie FB HC, check.
Rookie DC, check.
Rookie OC in SEC, check.

Matt Wyatt had great comments on Wednesday. He alluded to things wrong, and not the players.
He asked, if you script your first 15 plays and walk through them the day before the game, then how on the first plays do linemen go the wrong way on a scripted play.

BlackSailsDawg
10-05-2023, 08:13 AM
Matt Wyatt had great comments on Wednesday. He alluded to things wrong, and not the players.
He asked, if you script your first 15 plays and walk through them the day before the game, then how on the first plays do linemen go the wrong way on a scripted play.

Everybody sees the real issue, some just don't want to be too hard on the staff. Others got that access rolling so the product on the field doesn't matter. It's coaching.

Leroy Jenkins
10-05-2023, 08:20 AM

It looked like they flipped the play side before the snap and one guy missed the signal.

Goldendawg
10-05-2023, 09:02 AM
It looked like they flipped the play side before the snap and one guy missed the signal.

And to add insult to injury, I don't think either of the OL touched an opposing player, much less made a meaningful block. Don't watch ESPN anymore, but our entire O is a weekly candidate for their old bloopers segment.

BlackSailsDawg
10-05-2023, 09:06 AM
And to add insult to injury, I don't think either of the OL touched an opposing player, much less made a meaningful block. Don't watch ESPN anymore, but our entire O is a weekly candidate for their old bloopers segment.

Yeah and Wyatt just used that as 1 example. It's every week we have many issues