PDA

View Full Version : What's the latest on the OC?

Pages : [1] 2

msstate7
01-02-2023, 03:57 PM
This hire is so crucial for ZA.

Cowbell
01-02-2023, 03:59 PM
The latest is our current offense sucks even worse without leach and so we are definately making a change.

Oh and running it down their throat seems to win close games.

StarkVegasSteve
01-02-2023, 04:00 PM
We will have an OC*****

In all seriousness, there seems to be a ton of smoke around Kendall Briles at the moment. I have said all along I think Shannon Dawson will end up the OC but I would be ecstatic to hire Briles.

ScoobaDawg
01-02-2023, 04:03 PM
everything points to one being in place before this weekend, which is when transfer portal recruits come in. So I would expect a few changes official tomorrow.

ZedFedder
01-02-2023, 04:03 PM
Wait, Kendall Briles?! Seriously? That would be huge.

Cowbell
01-02-2023, 04:04 PM
We will have an OC*****

In all seriousness, there seems to be a ton of smoke around Kendall Briles at the moment. I have said all along I think Shannon Dawson will end up the OC but I would be ecstatic to hire Briles.

The only thing better is if he could bring his QB with him

Coach34
01-02-2023, 04:07 PM

Yeah that would incredible

TrapGame
01-02-2023, 04:07 PM
Wait, Kendall Briles?! Seriously? That would be huge.

The Arkansas boards think he's ours for the taking. And no, they aren't happy about it.

StarkVegasSteve
01-02-2023, 04:08 PM

Keep KJ at Arkansas. Bring me Spencer Sanders if we are taking a transfer

msstate7
01-02-2023, 04:10 PM
The Arkansas boards think he's ours for the taking. And no, they aren't happy about it.

Man, this would be a shocking and unbelievably good hire

Commercecomet24
01-02-2023, 04:14 PM
Br?l?e would be huge.

Quaoarsking

It really would be a dream coming true situation for you, much like Leach was for me, wouldn't it?

TrapGame

Something big is going on at Arkansas. Their new DC's resume is really mediocre. I doubt he's ready for the SEC. I think Brile's sees a sinking ship.

msstate7
01-02-2023, 04:15 PM
It really would be a dream coming true situation for you, much like Leach was for me, wouldn't it?

It would be great for all state fans. Briles would score points here

ETA... it would be bad news for for will though imo.

TrapGame
01-02-2023, 04:16 PM

And run the ball.***

Cowbell
01-02-2023, 04:17 PM

ETA... it would be bad news for for will though imo.

Yeah we all should be able to agree on this one

StarkVegasSteve
01-02-2023, 04:19 PM
Something big is going on at Arkansas. Their new DC's resume is really mediocre. I doubt he's ready for the SEC. I think Brile's sees a sinking ship.

Everyone knew Pittman was successful because of who his coordinators were. The only people that did not were Arkansas fans. That is the problem with hiring a CEO coach, you either have to recruit so elite that it does not matter who your coordinators are or you have to continually find elite coordinators every 2-3 years.

Todd4State
01-02-2023, 04:23 PM
Briles would mean we would have to get two QB's because one is going to get injured running it all the time and Marks better add about 15-20 pounds of muscle. Our offensive line would have to be changed too. I think it would be a bad hire given the group we have honestly. Like going from Dan to Moorhead.

Todd4State
01-02-2023, 04:24 PM

Are they being sarcastic? South Carolina hired their TE coach over him.

TrapGame
01-02-2023, 04:27 PM
Briles would mean we would have to get two QB's because one is going to get injured running it all the time and Marks better add about 15-20 pounds of muscle. Our offensive line would have to be changed too. I think it would be a bad hire given the group we have honestly. Like going from Dan to Moorhead.

Or is Briles smart enough to adapt to what we had like Dan his first year. Moorhead absolutely refused to change his scheme to match our talent.

TheLostDawg
01-02-2023, 04:28 PM
Everyone knew Pittman was successful because of who his coordinators were. The only people that did not were Arkansas fans. That is the problem with hiring a CEO coach, you either have to recruit so elite that it does not matter who your coordinators are or you have to continually find elite coordinators every 2-3 years.

And the media. They were eating Arkansas up preseason

Leeshouldveflanked
01-02-2023, 04:32 PM
Tulane OC is looking pretty good and he is a QB coach as well

msstate7
01-02-2023, 04:35 PM
If we stealing briles, steal Jefferson too

Coach34
01-02-2023, 04:37 PM

Our personnel would fit just fine outside of Rogers.

Get a dual threat guy in. We already have Robertson and Parson
WR's we have are fine
OL would be fine. They already zone block they would just have to power block some. Which is likely to happen no matter who we hire as OC.
Marks and company would be fine. Mullen used smaller RB's than what we have now at times. Marks weighs 210...Price 205

Only thing that would be affected is the QB

Coursesuper
01-02-2023, 04:42 PM

WR's we have our fine
OL would be fine. They already zone block they would just have to power block some. Which is likely to happen no matter who we hire as OC.
Marks and company would be fine. Mullen used smaller RB's than what we have now at times. Marks weighs 210...Price 205

Spot on assessment here.

Commercecomet24
01-02-2023, 04:43 PM

WR's we have our fine

Accurate.

Really Clark?
01-02-2023, 04:44 PM

He threw more than he ran it at Houston and Florida State. He plays what he has.

Correction, it was yards not attempts.

Cowbell
01-02-2023, 04:57 PM
If we stealing briles, steal Jefferson too

Bring him home

WeDemBoyz
01-02-2023, 05:00 PM
You guys are out of your minds. Briles would be an awful hire and a rebuild. It wont be him.

Cowbell
01-02-2023, 05:02 PM
You guys are out of your minds. Briles would be an awful hire and a rebuild. It wont be him.
A rebuild? Did you just watch our offense? A rebuild from that actually doesn't sound bad

TrapGame
01-02-2023, 05:05 PM

You really think the son of Art Briles doesn't know a thing about the Air Raid?

C'mon man, ain't gonna be no rebuild.

Goldendawg
Br?l?e would be huge.

Heard it two days ago but couldn't post.

msstate7
A rebuild? Did you just watch our offense? A rebuild from that actually doesn't sound bad

Lol, this offense had been really bad down the stretch

Coach34
01-02-2023, 05:06 PM

It hasnt sunk in with some people yet that we are changing offenses next season.

Quaoarsking
01-02-2023, 05:06 PM
If Briles brings KJ Jefferson with him, we probably win 9 or 10 games next year, and if they stick around until 2024 (with no more division in the SEC/more equitable scheduling), we would have a good chance to be one of the 12 playoff teams.

I'd hate it for Will, but it's business. He can transfer to Western Kentucky and rewrite the record books there, and we'll still celebrate him.

BorneDawg
01-02-2023, 05:08 PM

WR's we have are fine

I concur just need that QB....

msstate7
01-02-2023, 05:09 PM
If Briles brings KJ Jefferson with him, we probably win 9 or 10 games next year, and if they stick around until 2024 (with no more division in the SEC/more equitable scheduling), we would have a good chance to be one of the 12 playoff teams.

I'd hate it for Will, but it's business. He can transfer to Western Kentucky and rewrite the record books there, and we'll still celebrate him.

Q gets it

Cowbell
01-02-2023, 05:13 PM
It hasnt sunk in with some people yet that we are changing offenses next season.

AA meetings have more reality checks

Cowbell
01-02-2023, 05:14 PM
Q gets it

I hacked his account

State82
01-02-2023, 05:16 PM

WR's we have are fine

This is a big, big plus.

Quaoarsking
01-02-2023, 05:16 PM
I hacked his account

I'll admit that my undying fanboyism probably clouded by judgment a couple of times in the last 3 years, but from now on I'm all circuitry and wires in my football analysis.

Cowbell
01-02-2023, 05:18 PM
I'll admit that my undying fanboyism probably clouded by judgment a couple of times in the last 3 years, but from now on I'm all circuitry and wires in my football analysis.
I'm just glad we all on the same page right now...well most of us., gonna be a fun offseason

CadaverDawg
01-02-2023, 05:20 PM

I like you again, Q. This is a fun day

DEDawg
01-02-2023, 05:20 PM

What in the world are you smoking? If you're going to say this at least expand and explain why you think that

the_real_MSU_is_us
01-02-2023, 05:21 PM
Many here have said the Air Raid left the "cupboards bare" for the next OC. I've said and maintain 2 points: 1) if an OC can't work with an accurate QB, good WRs, a good pass blocking OL, and decent all round RBs, he's not a good OC. and 2) in the Portal era, it's not hard to find a TE, a power RB, and a mobile QB if that's what the OC wants. We may have a couple WRs leave, but we need their roster spots to make room for a TE and the WRs that get playing time will probably stay

Briles has competent offenses. He adjusted his scheme for Felipe Franks. I don't know why we'd assume he's incapable of adjusting it for us... and again, it's not that hard to attract a Portal player. We have a lot to offer- SEC team with a solid defense and a lot of returning players on O. TEs can come here and face literally zero competition, a mobile QB can come here and only have to beat Parsons out when it comes to being the top running QB.

WeDemBoyz
01-02-2023, 05:30 PM
I cant wait to call y?all an idiot and see how coach 34 said he knew it wasnt Briles the whole time but was just saying it would be cool.

StarkVegasSteve
01-02-2023, 05:34 PM

Steve you just won a bowl game. Go celebrate with the team and get off the message boards.

BeardoMSU
01-02-2023, 05:34 PM

Lol

msstate7
01-02-2023, 05:35 PM
I cant wait to call y?all an idiot and see how coach 34 said he knew it wasnt Briles the whole time but was just saying it would be cool.

Has anyone said definitively it's briles? Why are you so touchy on this? State why you don't like it, and that's a much better approach imo

BeardoMSU
01-02-2023, 05:35 PM

You're just trying to deflect from the LSU gangbang scandal**

Really Clark?
01-02-2023, 05:45 PM

You are awful salty for someone who has only posted 1 other time this year without giving a rational explanation of your opinion

msstate7
01-02-2023, 05:47 PM
You are awful salty for someone who has only posted 1 other time this year without giving a rational explanation of your opinion

Gotta be an alter

Todd4State
01-02-2023, 05:53 PM

WR's we have are fine

Our receivers are not that great. Especially fighting for the ball downfield. Which is what they would be doing. We haven't power blocked in three years. For the veer and shoot to work it needs different players. Like Fitzgerald and our offensive guys from 2018 would have fit. It's completely different than what we have recruited the past three years.
Almost the opposite actually.

WeDemBoyz
01-02-2023, 05:53 PM
Not an alter, i read this board everyday for years but made this account strictly to call 34 an idiot about ?air bone.? I hate the hire because it would be extremely disappointing and a step in the wrong direction. Arkansas didn?t exactly light it up against us, did they?

Todd4State
01-02-2023, 05:55 PM
Has anyone said definitively it's briles? Why are you so touchy on this? State why you don't like it, and that's a much better approach imo

I just don't want to watch a complete offensive rebuild with another veteran laden offensive team like I had to with 2018 and then 2020.

If we want to switch to it- at least do it gradually. And the fact that Leach passed away as opposed to being fired makes it a bit of a different dynamic too.

WeDemBoyz
01-02-2023, 05:56 PM
Also, I was here and haven?t forgotten when you all were convinced it was Billy Napier, Bert Stare. All of it. All of the awful things yall said about Leach week after week. You guys are the reason most people hate our fanbase. Its gross. We just won 9 games but its obviously time to change things up drastically dubmasses

Tater
01-02-2023, 05:57 PM
I personally don't want Briles because of the rape.

But as long as Will understands that was his last game as a starter for MSU with that level of arm strength and that poor of pocket presence, then I'll be excited for next season.

Todd4State
01-02-2023, 05:59 PM
Also, I was here and haven?t forgotten when you all were convinced it was Billy Napier, Bert Stare. All of it. All of the awful things yall said about Leach week after week. You guys are the reason most people hate our fanbase. Its gross. We just won 9 games but its obviously time to change things up drastically dubmasses

If I had to guess Briles probably came to us. Not the other way around. He couldn't get hired at Tennessee or South Carolina.

msstate7
01-02-2023, 05:59 PM
Not an alter, i read this board everyday for years but made this account strictly to call 34 an idiot about ?air bone.? I hate the hire because it would be extremely disappointing and a step in the wrong direction. Arkansas didn?t exactly light it up against us, did they?

Ark has finished ahead of us in total offense overall and vs conf only the last 3 years. This year with the back up qb, they had 483 yards vs us, which was the most we gave up all season

DEDawg
01-02-2023, 06:00 PM

someone is a little emotional

Todd4State
01-02-2023, 06:00 PM
Ark has finished ahead of us in total offense overall and vs conf only the last 3 years. This year with the back up qb, they had 483 yards vs us, which was the most we gave up all season

Yards is meaningless. The guy also lost to Liberty and Texas A&M this year.

DEDawg
01-02-2023, 06:04 PM
If I had to guess Briles probably came to us. Not the other way around. He couldn't get hired at Tennessee or South Carolina.

Think there's a big difference there. Tenn/USC both have offensive coaches who need to have an OC that fits with their philosophy. With us, I think there is a high level overview, but Arnett is going to give more autonomy. I also do think the Baylor scandal was still more forefront at that time, and that has hurt Kendall.

trojandawg
Briles used to be in a air raid like system at Baylor. Maybe they wanted him to run more at Arkansas. Baylor offense was fine

Cowbell

Ok 100% this is Steve

Really Clark?
01-02-2023, 06:17 PM
Yards is meaningless. The guy also lost to Liberty and Texas A&M this year.

No Pitman lost to Liberty and TAM, and his offense put up over 400 yards each game with KJ throwing 2 picks vs 5 fumbles 1 lost vs TAM. The players have to execute too. In conference only games they were 6th in the league and we were 11th

ZedFedder
01-02-2023, 06:22 PM
You guys seriously don’t like Briles as the OC? Sheesh. I think that would be a big win.

Ari Gold
01-02-2023, 06:25 PM
Briles at OC would be a grand slam ..
and if a certain QB comes with him..
oh my ...

msstate7
01-02-2023, 06:26 PM
No Pitman lost to Liberty and TAM, and his offense put up over 400 yards each game with KJ throwing 2 picks vs 5 fumbles 1 lost vs TAM. The players have to execute too. In conference only games they were 6th in the league and we were 11th

I'm just dumbfounded that hardcore fans like guys here can say I don't want any changes to the offense we've saw this season. It has been downright hard to watch at times

Commercecomet24
01-02-2023, 06:28 PM
Briles has shown he can run pretty much any offensive concept, from Air Raid to power spread.

msu15
01-02-2023, 06:29 PM
Briles at OC would be a grand slam ..
and if a certain QB comes with him..
oh my ...

Ari.....don't tease me.

Goldendawg
01-02-2023, 06:32 PM
I'm just dumbfounded that hardcore fans like guys here can say I don't want any changes to the offense we've saw this season. It has been downright hard to watch at times

A lot of the time. Often reminded me of Croom's West Coast Offense with nothing but short passes. Will admit I thought the Air Raid brought some attempt at long passes during the game. Could of course be due to our QB situation.

Quaoarsking
01-02-2023, 06:34 PM
I'm more than happy to run any offense that wins, from the wishbone to the purest air raid, to anything in between. Just get the best and most successful coordinators and recruiters out there and win with them!

Tater

Because I think this offense can work with someone with a stronger arm than Will.

Give Will KJ Costello's arm strength and he's a heisman winner in this offense.

Illinois ran a lot of what LSU ran in 2020 against us. Will hasn't regressed to being unable to beat man to man in an offense that set a record against man coverage. Will in 2020 against Georgia looked better than Will in 2022 against Georgia.

I want largely the same concepts, but Will to roid up his arm or us to get someone else.

Commercecomet24
I'm more than happy to run any offense that wins, from the wishbone to the purest air raid, to anything in between. Just get the best and most successful coordinators and recruiters out there and win with them!

Yep just win baby!

Tater
01-02-2023, 06:39 PM

There's a few guys that I'll clutch my pearls over hiring. Briles, Lebby, and that whole crew are some of them, (Freeze is another) personally. Just feels too dirty.

My rule of thumb is "would this person fit in with the stereotype that I have for Ole Miss fans?" and if that answer is yes then it's not the best fit for our program. Briles strikes me as that kinda guy. On top of the rape.

sandjunky
01-02-2023, 06:43 PM
Won?t be Spurrier

Marshmallow reporting that him and Hollingshead are out

Todd4State
01-02-2023, 06:50 PM

We can change some things and we will change some things. That's fine- I expect that. But there is a difference between adding a few formations and few new running plays and running a completely different offense that doesn't fit our players that we have.

Really Clark?
01-02-2023, 06:51 PM
Anyone upset that we may not hire an air raid guy like Leach, y'all need to understand that that coach is not out there. If you liked what Riley and Sonny does at TCU, that's todays air raid with other types of spread offenses mixed in. Briles runs air raid passing concepts with veer and zone read run concepts. That is about what we were going to have to hire to stay in the air raid umbrella.

Todd4State
01-02-2023, 06:52 PM

And guess what would have gotten the blame from many on here if we had lost to Liberty or A&M?

Really Clark?
01-02-2023, 06:54 PM
We can change some things and we will change some things. That's fine- I expect that. But there is a difference between adding a few formations and few new running plays and running a completely different offense that doesn't fit our players that we have.

The passing concepts are there though Todd. It's not a completely new scheme, it's a different run concept. Which is what every OC in the Air Raid umbrella does today. You were not going to get 80% of the same with wrinkles. Nobody but Leach ran this offense this way.

Todd4State
01-02-2023, 06:54 PM
Anyone upset that we may not hire an air raid guy like Leach, y'all need to understand that that coach is not out there. If you liked what Riley and Sonny does at TCU, that's todays air raid with other types of spread offenses mixed in. Briles runs air raid passing concepts with veer and zone read run concepts. That is about what we were going to have to hire to stay in the air raid umbrella.

Eh. We could hire Chris Hatcher right now if we wanted to and then hired Ben Arbuckle in a couple of years. That would be a much better way for us to go right now IMO.

Really Clark?
01-02-2023, 06:55 PM
And guess what would have gotten the blame from many on here if we had lost to Liberty or A&M?

The head coach and the QB. Maybe Will more so than Leach on here.

mo7888
01-02-2023, 06:56 PM
Briles has shown he can run pretty much any offensive concept, from Air Raid to power spread.

I couldn't be upset if we brought in Briles to run an Air raid offense that keeps moving towards a QB that can move the chains every now and then like the direction ML was taking us with his recent QB recruits.... but all the talk in this thread that we are going to radically change the offense to a run first power spread is nuts...

Todd4State
01-02-2023, 06:56 PM
The passing concepts are there though Todd. It's not a completely new scheme, it's a different run concept. Which is what every OC in the Air Raid umbrella does today. You were not going to get 80% of the same with wrinkles. Nobody but Leach ran this offense this way.

His offense is much closer to the run and shoot than it is the Air Raid. The only connection to the Air Raid is his Dad coached with Leach.

Todd4State
01-02-2023, 06:57 PM
The head coach and the QB. Maybe Will more so than Leach on here.

Exactly. Leach who also happens to have been the OC as well.

Commercecomet24
01-02-2023, 06:57 PM
I couldn't be upset if we brought in Briles to run an Air raid offense that keeps moving towards a QB that can move the chains every now and then like the direction ML was taking us with his recent QB recruits.... but all the talk in this thread that we are going to radically change the offense to a run first power spread is nuts...

I agree. Whoever we bring I doubt we see a complete retooling but someone who uses what we have on roster to the best way we can.

Todd4State
01-02-2023, 06:58 PM

It's not a power spread but if you look at Briles run pass ratio you'll see what I'm talking about.

Todd4State
01-02-2023, 07:00 PM

https://www.thedailystampede.com/2018/8/24/17775952/what-is-the-veer-and-shoot-offense-and-what-can-we-expect-usf-football-baylor-sterlin-gilbert-rgiii

Really Clark?
01-02-2023, 07:01 PM
Eh. We could hire Chris Hatcher right now if we wanted to and then hired Ben Arbuckle in a couple of years. That would be a much better way for us to go right now IMO.

That's my point, Hatcher doesn't even run it like Leach and has completely adjusted his run concepts. I

Todd4State
01-02-2023, 07:03 PM
I agree. Whoever we bring I doubt we see a complete retooling but someone who uses what we have on roster to the best way we can.

I just can't see Briles doing that based on his history.

Todd4State
01-02-2023, 07:04 PM
That's my point, Hatcher doesn't even run it like Leach and has completely adjusted his run concepts. I

Which is completely fine. But the meat and bones are already there with what we run so it's a much smaller adjustment.

Leroy Jenkins
01-02-2023, 07:09 PM
Briles at Houston and Baylor, from UH:

? Kendal Briles joined the Houston Football program as its associate head coach, offensive coordinator and quarterbacks coach on Jan. 6, 2017 following a one-year stint as assistant head coach, offensive coordinator and quarterbacks coach at FAU.
? The 2018 Houston offense was one of the nation?s best, ranking fourth nationally in scoring offense with 46.4 points per game and sixth nationally in total offense with 528.6 yards per game. Houston scored at least 30 points in all 12 regular-season games and hit the 40-point mark in 10 of 12 games.
? Houston?s 2018 offense was the epitome of balance as the Cougars and Oklahoma were the only two schools in the nation to rank in the top 20 in both rushing offense and passing offense. Houston ranked No. 14 in passing offense with 300.9 yards per game and No. 20 in rushing offense with 227.7 yards per game. The explosiveness of the offense was also evident as Houston ranked No. 5 nationally with 89 plays of at least 20 yards and No. 10 with 13 plays of at least 50 yards.
? King etched his name in The American?s record books as he totaled 50 touchdowns in his 10-and-half games, breaking the previous record of 45 set by UCF?s McKenzie Milton in 2017. King also led the nation with an average of 27.5 points responsible for per game, four points ahead of the nearest challengers - Oklahoma?s Kyler Murray and Ohio State?s Dwayne Haskins, both Heisman Trophy finalists.
? Spent the 2017 season as assistant head coach/offensive coordinator/quarterbacks coach at Florida Atlantic University where the Owls were eight nationally in scoring offense (40.6 points per game) and ninth nationally in total offense (498.4 yards per game).
? Prior to FAU, spent nine seasons at Baylor including the final two as offensive coordinator.
? Also spent three seasons as Baylor?s passing game coordinator and seven years coaching the Bears' receivers.
? Named a 2015 Broyles Award finalist in 2015, his first season as an offensive coordinator as Baylor led the nation in both scoring (48.1 points per game) and total offense (616.2 yards per game) while finishing second nationally in rushing offense (326.7 yards per game).
? Named the Big 12 Recruiter of the Year by Scout in 2013 and 2014.
? Mentored four All-Americans and five total NFL prospects during seven seasons as wide receivers coach.
? As passing game coordinator, helped guide a top five-ranked passing attack for four straight seasons from 2011 to 2014 (No. 4 in 2014, No. 5 in 2013, No. 4 in 2012, No. 4 in 2011).
? Nine Baylor offensive players earned 2015 All-Big 12 honors, led by a pair of unanimous All-Americans in Spencer Drango and Biletnikoff Award winner Corey Coleman.
? Following multiple quarterback injuries, orchestrated an offensive switch at season's end that culminated in the Russell Athletic Bowl, when a wide receiver and several running backs took snaps in wildcat/single-wing formations. Baylor crushed No. 10 North Carolina with a punishing rushing attack that amassed an NCAA bowl record 645 yards on the ground (as well as a Russell Athletic Bowl record of 756 total yards).
? Helped lead Baylor to the 2014 Big 12 Championship with a record-setting offense, averaging 365.9 passing yards per game.

I dont think Briles is the guy, but I dont hate it if he is.

Cowbell
01-02-2023, 07:09 PM
Which is completely fine. But the meat and bones are already there with what we run so it's a much smaller adjustment.

You let a new HC decide what he wants to do. We didn't hire him to be Leach Jr. We hired him to win and he will be judged based on that, and not just this year but the next 4.

Really Clark?
01-02-2023, 07:11 PM
https://www.thedailystampede.com/2018/8/24/17775952/what-is-the-veer-and-shoot-offense-and-what-can-we-expect-usf-football-baylor-sterlin-gilbert-rgiii

"So in this pure form the Air Raid can be a mighty passing attack. Today though, only Leach runs this pure form of the Air Raid. The next generation of Air Raid coaches took the lessons from coach Leach, combined them with the old, and created something new. The idea was simple, Art Briles stumbled upon it first. Remember him? I mentioned him earlier. Art was Leach?s running backs coach in the early 2000s at Texas Tech. A job that sounds like the worst job there, so little wonder when he was the first to bail to take over as head coach at Houston.
Houston is a old school that at the time had experienced 2 high periods and 2 low periods in rapid succession. A force in the old South Western conference, Houston was known for its old unique offense: the Split Back Veer. As it sounds, two split backs, and a bunch of triple and double option plays (vaguely kinda like Army or Georgia Tech?s offence in how different the approach to football it was). One aspect of their option attack was the pass option. The QB would hand the ball off or pass it to the other back on a swing route the other way. The program got blacklisted in the 80s and coach Yeoman was fired in disgrace.
The Cougars hired Jack Pardee and Run and Shoot guru John Jenkins to bring the run and shoot to the Cougars after success with Jim Kelly in the USFL. It was instant success, 9?2 Andre ware went from middling option QB to breaking every passing record in college and becoming a very high draft pick in 1990. Jenkins became head coach while Pardee brought the shoot to the Oilers.
Jenkins tinkered and tinkered more with the offense. And earned a reputation as a arrogant mad scientist who would run the score up on everyone. One of his innovations was moving his wide outs to the edges of the field to make defenders play man coverage or give up easy catches in zone. Which was fine until his weakness was exposed. Blitz often and fast. Just as fast as it had found success there, the shoot died at Houston.
Art saw these two aspects and added in what he learned from Leach and his ?Veer and Shoot? offense was born. He took the basic idea of the run pass option Yeoman ran, the wide split out WRs running option routes, and a all 5 playmaker up tempo no playbook approach to attacking defenses and put it together to create a perfect storm that produced first Kevin Kolb at Houston, then RG3, Nick Florence, etc at Baylor."

That's from Art. It's in his offense. But he definitely is a mix. Which all air raid guys, including Hatcher are today. Nobody runs it like Leach. Nobody. The amount of differences vary, that's true but nobody is even running 70% of what we run under Leach

Commercecomet24
01-02-2023, 07:15 PM
I just can't see Briles doing that based on his history.

But that's just it he has in the past. Heck it may not even be briles we're all just speculating right now but he's adjusted to personnel in the past.

smootness
01-02-2023, 07:22 PM
Hire the best coach you can, don’t limit yourself to ‘true Air Raid candidates’. That wouldn’t make sense.

Moorhead didn’t fail in 2018 because his offense was too different from Mullen. He failed because he’s not a good head coach. Go hire the best OC you can, and if it’s not the Air Raid, who cares?

msstate7
01-02-2023, 07:23 PM
Hire the best coach you can, don’t limit yourself to ‘true Air Raid candidates’. That wouldn’t make sense.

Moorhead didn’t fail in 2018 because his offense was too different from Mullen. He failed because he’s not a good head coach. Go hire the best OC you can, and if it’s not the Air Raid, who cares?

Listen to him. He's a braves fan, so you know he's smart

BeardoMSU
01-02-2023, 07:26 PM

This

HoopsDawg
01-02-2023, 07:28 PM
Listen to him. He's a braves fan, so you know he's smart

I'm to the point now where I will be disappointed if it's not Briles.

BuckyIsAB****
01-02-2023, 07:35 PM
All of yall wanting Will gone are going to be upset bc Arnett has made him a huge priority.

sack07
01-02-2023, 07:38 PM
The Baylor (Briles) offense would resemble Tennessee this year. Born from the Run n Shoot, it relies on vertical choice routes and spreading the full width of the field. I think Briles does a good job of tailoring the O to his personnel. At Arkansas, he?s been more QB run game than at other places with KJ. In one of their last years at Baylor they racked up like 600 yards of offense running the wildcat in a bowl game due to QB injuries.

None of this is to say Briles is the choice. I have no inside info. I just enjoy the scheme discussion.

the_real_MSU_is_us
01-02-2023, 07:45 PM
All of yall wanting Will gone are going to be upset bc Arnett has made him a huge priority.

I don't want him "gone", I want him to compete but get beat out by a superior player. Will made 2 terrible INT's this game, made no throw that made you go "wow", and we all know his mobility is sub par. You cannot argue ANY of what I said. There are better QBs out there and I want ot get them. Same for any position, if we can upgrade you do.

But I do not want him "gone". He is a Dawg and a good person and I wish him the best. If he is our QB next year I hope he improves his decision making. He's regressed from last year

TrapGame
01-02-2023, 07:49 PM
Word is we offered Briles. It's up to him now. Also rumored he called us first.

Dawgology
01-02-2023, 07:49 PM
I don't want him "gone", I want him to compete but get beat out by a superior player. Will made 2 terrible INT's this game, made no throw that made you go "wow", and we all know his mobility is sub par. You cannot argue ANY of what I said. There are better QBs out there and I want ot get them. Same for any position, if we can upgrade you do.

But I do not want him "gone". He is a Dawg and a good person and I wish him the best. If he is our QB next year I hope he improves his decision making. He's regressed from last year

This exactly. Also, he SHOULD be a priority. The team is on his side and we need him for the transition year next year.

the_real_MSU_is_us
01-02-2023, 07:54 PM
The Baylor (Briles) offense would resemble Tennessee this year. Born from the Run n Shoot, it relies on vertical choice routes and spreading the full width of the field. I think Briles does a good job of tailoring the O to his personnel. At Arkansas, he?s been more QB run game than at other places with KJ. In one of their last years at Baylor they racked up like 600 yards of offense running the wildcat in a bowl game due to QB injuries.

None of this is to say Briles is the choice. I have no inside info. I just enjoy the scheme discussion.

What Tennessee runs is beautiful. Spread you out, get the ball out of the QBs hands quick if the defense is giving you something, but also run it straight up the gut often and hit you over the top once you have enough of getting run over. Get good run blocking interior OL and it's hell to stop.

I think it fits us well. We will never get elite athletes all over the field, but the most "diamond in the rough" position is interior OL. State has and can find NFL studs there that were low 3*. I do no want a Mullen offense that can ONLY run the ball with no deep threat, but an interior power run game is always going to be our personnel bread and butter given recruiting limitations

Coach34
01-02-2023, 08:04 PM
Bottom line- the offense is going to change this offseason. That's what is happening.

Coach34
01-02-2023, 08:10 PM

I have absolutely no info on this so dont start any bullshit with me on it

Commercecomet24
01-02-2023, 08:11 PM
Bottom line- the offense is going to change this offseason. That's what is happening.

This there's absolutely no way it stays the same, just not reality.

Todd4State
01-02-2023, 08:14 PM
You let a new HC decide what he wants to do. We didn't hire him to be Leach Jr. We hired him to win and he will be judged based on that, and not just this year but the next 4.

Well good luck to him because he's about to rebuild the offense unnecessarily. But hey- adjust to your talent right?**

DEDawg
01-02-2023, 08:16 PM
Well good luck to him because he's about to rebuild the offense unnecessarily. But hey- adjust to your talent right?**

Todd come on now. You have to see the forest for the trees here.

Coach34
01-02-2023, 08:19 PM

Other than a new QB- there is no rebuild. Not sure why people dont understand this

basedog
01-02-2023, 08:20 PM

We shall see, but I’m betting we tweet what we have. I think we are gonna still throw the ball a lot.

msu15
01-02-2023, 08:22 PM
Other than a new QB- there is no rebuild. Not sure why people dont understand this

Maybe add a te from the portal but yea, that would literally be it.

PMDawg
01-02-2023, 08:23 PM
I have absolutely no info on this so dont start any bullshit with me on it

He's just some sixpacker thinking he's clowning on us. Probably over there bragging about it now.

Todd4State
01-02-2023, 08:24 PM
What Tennessee runs is beautiful. Spread you out, get the ball out of the QBs hands quick if the defense is giving you something, but also run it straight up the gut often and hit you over the top once you have enough of getting run over. Get good run blocking interior OL and it's hell to stop.

I think it fits us well. We will never get elite athletes all over the field, but the most "diamond in the rough" position is interior OL. State has and can find NFL studs there that were low 3*. I do no want a Mullen offense that can ONLY run the ball with no deep threat, but an interior power run game is always going to be our personnel bread and butter given recruiting limitations

It fit us with Fitzgerald maybe. Will? No. People will bait us on RPO's to make him run. It's going to be asking Will to throw vertically a lot.

There's a huge difference between Hendon Hooker and Will.

basedog
01-02-2023, 08:29 PM
It fit us with Fitzgerald maybe. Will? No. People will bait us on RPO's to make him run. It's going to be asking Will to throw vertically a lot.

There's a huge difference between Hendon Hooker and Will.

Todd, I don’t think IF it is Briles he will change much on what we are doing. Whe n he had Franks he adjusted to his style. Seems to be a good OC. There are many air raid versions but only one that Leach ran. We have to adjust some.

Dawgface
01-02-2023, 08:30 PM
We shall see, but I’m betting we tweet what we have. I think we are gonna still throw the ball a lot.

Me too. I can see a lot more running with a TE. If it's called something other than air raid so be it. But I think it will still have a lot of similarities.

Cowbell
01-02-2023, 08:31 PM

Unnecessarily? Well I didn't realize we couldn't improve....forgive me....

Cowbell
01-02-2023, 08:32 PM
He's just some sixpacker thinking he's clowning on us. Probably over there bragging about it now.

Or it's Steve himself and he's mad because Arnette ain't feeding him info like he's used to

Todd4State
01-02-2023, 08:33 PM
Todd come on now. You have to see the forest for the trees here.

So not thinking that Will can run or throw deep and running an offense that basically relies on all the things that people on here complained about not doing well and thinking that it's going to work is not seeing the forest for the trees? Really?

HoopsDawg
01-02-2023, 08:33 PM
I don't understand how anyone could watch that game today and not want the offense to change.

Coach34
01-02-2023, 08:34 PM
So not thinking that Will can run or throw deep and running an offense that basically relies on all the things that people on here complained about not doing well and thinking that it's going to work is not seeing the forest for the trees? Really?

Will can be replaced Todd. A new OC means he will have QB contacts and we could bring in another guy.

SPMT
01-02-2023, 08:35 PM
And anyone thinking it would is naive. The architect of it has passed away. It can?t stay the same. Not sure I agree with releasing almost the entire offensive staff, but let?s see what we can do.

Sadly, there must be no one below Leach on staff that was comparable enough to run it. Which is pretty sad. Also possible Arnett wanted to do some things different and probably some things similar. Which 90% of state fans want.

Let?s see if we are all happy with what we change to.

msstate7
I don't understand how anyone could watch that game today and not want the offense to change.

Me either, but some would rather continue to suck offensively than hurt players' feelings

SPMT
In any offense but the one we had, Will isn?t close to starting imo.

SPMT
01-02-2023, 08:36 PM

100%!

Coach34
01-02-2023, 08:36 PM

Exactly

Coach34
01-02-2023, 08:37 PM
Arnett wants the offense to change. He doesnt want 50 passes per game. I know this for a fact

msstate7
01-02-2023, 08:38 PM
Arnett wants the offense to change. He doesnt want 50 passes per game. I know this for a fact

This makes me happy

MetEdDawg
01-02-2023, 08:40 PM

I don't think a lot of people on here run anything. How many people would walk into a position of leadership, even in a place that is doing well, and not make changes to fit your leadership style? Try and recruit people you think can get the job done the way you think it should be done.

The vast majority of the people on this board wanted complete continuity and were actually naive enough to think Arnett wouldn't touch anything. You don't hire a head coach at an SEC school to keep the status quo. You hire him to make tough choices.

I think the moves being made signify that Arnett has the stones to actually make it in this league, mostly because it goes against the majority of what folks on our message boards want. And that's usually a good indicator it's something right.

Todd4State
01-02-2023, 08:40 PM
Unnecessarily? Well I didn't realize we couldn't improve....forgive me....

So hire a guy whose offense scored less than Leach during the regular season?

Todd4State
01-02-2023, 08:42 PM
I don't think a lot of people on here run anything. How many people would walk into a position of leadership, even in a place that is doing well, and not make changes to fit your leadership style? Try and recruit people you think can get the job done the way you think it should be done.

The vast majority of the people on this board wanted complete continuity and were actually naive enough to think Arnett wouldn't touch anything. You don't hire a head coach at an SEC school to keep the status quo. You hire him to make tough choices.

I think the moves being made signify that Arnett has the stones to actually make it in this league, mostly because it goes against the majority of what folks on our message boards want. And that's usually a good indicator it's something right.

Then MSU should have done a legit coaching search. Especially if it was going to blow everything up anyway. I mean hiring Arnett was for continuity- that's MSU's words not mine.

Really Clark?
01-02-2023, 08:43 PM

Yep and what we saw at the end of the game where it was balanced...much more to his liking.

PikeDawg15
01-02-2023, 08:43 PM

Tell me if I?m wrong

But I believe everyone on our team is better than everyone on Arkansas?s this year

The only player for Arkansas I would want is KJ

Will Rogers is that bad.

msstate7
01-02-2023, 08:44 PM
Now do in-conf?

Coach34
01-02-2023, 08:44 PM

UPig scored more points in 2022 than State did. And they had to play with a back-up for 3 games. Yeah- I want that OC

Todd4State
01-02-2023, 08:45 PM
Will can be replaced Todd. A new OC means he will have QB contacts and we could bring in another guy.

He's going to have to. And that's going to be a PR nightmare. Get ready for it.

Todd4State
01-02-2023, 08:46 PM
Now do in-conf?

Why? Because we won all our OOC games?

Really Clark?
01-02-2023, 08:47 PM

No hire the guy who scored more in conference games and scored a lot more vs ranked teams with his QB1 out against us and LSU

Todd4State
01-02-2023, 08:48 PM
Tell me if I?m wrong

But I believe everyone on our team is better than everyone on Arkansas?s this year

The only player for Arkansas I would want is KJ

Will Rogers is that bad.

I'd say both teams are comparable talent wise.

msstate7
01-02-2023, 08:49 PM
Why? Because we won all our OOC games?

Bc without 56 against ETSU, we wouldn't be ahead of them. You realize this, right?

Todd4State
01-02-2023, 08:49 PM
No hire the guy who scored more in conference games and scored a lot more vs ranked teams with his QB1 out against us and LSU

Well he better bring in a good QB2 because QB1 is going to get injured. Part of it when you run a QB a ton in the SEC.

Should fit us well since everyone likes the back up better.

sandjunky
01-02-2023, 08:50 PM
I think the consternation comes from the whole notion of the way he was hired - to keep the legacy going and provide continuity to what leach was doing here

If you blow that up - why not go get the best Head Coach available?

Because what is happening is not what was sold to fan base

I like arnett btw and I like the idea of briles as well

MetEdDawg
01-02-2023, 08:50 PM
Then MSU should have done a legit coaching search. Especially if it was going to blow everything up anyway. I mean hiring Arnett was for continuity- that's MSU's words not mine.

He did provide continuity during a difficult time. But come on man. We were going to revamp the offense period. We weren't going to continue throwing it 70-85% of the time with an immobile QB. We have to be more multiple and we have to update the offensive identity.

It's like updating your phone. Operating system is the same. Yes different people helped create it, but it's still the same basic principles. Execution of the foundation of what it's built on is just a little different

Coach34
01-02-2023, 08:51 PM
Bc without 56 against ETSU, we wouldn't be ahead of them. You realize this, right?

UPig played the toughest schedule in the country. They played Cincy, Liberty, and BYU OOC. And they still scored more points this year than we did

msu15
01-02-2023, 08:52 PM

Put up 500 yards in our place with two backup QB's this season against our really good defense.

Commercecomet24
01-02-2023, 08:53 PM
There's no way the offense can stay the same. No one runs what we ran this year accept Leach and he's gone. The reality is the offense will have to change some now go get the best oc we can get and let him do his job.

Todd4State
01-02-2023, 08:53 PM

So you're telling me you can still move goalposts?

mo7888
01-02-2023, 08:57 PM

100%

Todd4State
01-02-2023, 08:57 PM
He did provide continuity during a difficult time. But come on man. We were going to revamp the offense period. We weren't going to continue throwing it 70-85% of the time with an immobile QB. We have to be more multiple and we have to update the offensive identity.

It's like updating your phone. Operating system is the same. Yes different people helped create it, but it's still the same basic principles. Execution of the foundation of what it's built on is just a little different

Again. I'm not expecting the offense to stay the same. Why do people keep saying that I am? I've said I expect more running. Different formations. I'm just saying what Briles runs is the opposite end of what we run and it doesn't fit our players. We could hire Zach Kittley and it would be different than what we do but fit our players better. Johns at Duke would be different and it would fit our players better.

BeardoMSU
01-02-2023, 08:58 PM
There's no way the offense can stay the same. No one runs what we ran this year accept Leach and he's gone. The reality is the offense will have to change some now go get the best oc we can get and let him do his job.

Its also just smart; or just obvious...

There are zero teams, at any level of football, who are successful running offenses without QB mobility being a part of the offense.

Coach34
01-02-2023, 09:00 PM
He's going to have to. And that's going to be a PR nightmare. Get ready for it.

Just like firing Crooms- nobody is going to give a shit.

msstate7
01-02-2023, 09:00 PM
So you're telling me you can still move goalposts?

I'm not gonna even argue over this. ZA doesn't agree with you, and that's all that matters.

Todd4State
01-02-2023, 09:01 PM
Put up 500 yards in our place with two backup QB's this season against our really good defense.

And we blew them out.

Quaoarsking
01-02-2023, 09:02 PM
Briles + Jefferson + our current roster = top 15 ranking. I can understand why people might be hesitant on Briles alone, but if he can bring KJ with him, there's no reason to say no.

Todd4State
01-02-2023, 09:02 PM
Just like firing Crooms- nobody is going to give a shit.

Big difference between Croom and the school's all time passing leader.

Todd4State
01-02-2023, 09:04 PM
I'm not gonna even argue over this. ZA doesn't agree with you, and that's all that matters.

If it was up to you we would have had Jimbo Fisher right now.

KOdawg1
01-02-2023, 09:05 PM

Exactly. Like are y'all pleased in wins in which we score 13 points?

msstate7
01-02-2023, 09:05 PM
And we blew them out.

So when they won the 2 before this year, does that matter?

Really Clark?
01-02-2023, 09:07 PM
Again. I'm not expecting the offense to stay the same. Why do people keep saying that I am? I've said I expect more running. Different formations. I'm just saying what Briles runs is the opposite end of what we run and it doesn't fit our players. We could hire Zach Kittley and it would be different than what we do but fit our players better. Johns at Duke would be different and it would fit our players better.

Dude, John's is further away from Leach that Briles. In fact you are going back closer to Moorehead with RPO's and check with me's with him and it's a spread 11 personal, zone read, Buck Sweep and bubble screens. Briles at least has air raid concepts in his package.

Todd4State
01-02-2023, 09:07 PM
So when they won the 2 before this year, does that matter?

The year they scored 17 with an adapted Filepe Franks? Or the year we didn't have a kicker and needed a questionable PI to beat us at home?

msstate7
01-02-2023, 09:08 PM
If it was up to you we would have had Jimbo Fisher right now.

And you want Steve spurrier jr. It's ridiculous. It's ZA's career on the line, and he doesn't wanna hitch it to an offense he has to play perfect defense to protect. I'm glad ZA has common sense

Coach34
01-02-2023, 09:09 PM
And we blew them out.

Briles beat us in 2021 with his starting QB

KOdawg1
01-02-2023, 09:09 PM

There would be no rebuild except at QB.

Our OL are built better for the run, and receivers are receivers.

Coach34
01-02-2023, 09:15 PM
Big difference between Croom and the school's all time passing leader.

Wake Forest is losing their all-time passing leader to Notre Dame
Coastal almost lost their all-time passing leader but he agreed to come back

It's a new age in college football and this wont be uncommon anywhere

BeardoMSU
01-02-2023, 09:20 PM

And it's sink or swim.

Cooterpoot
01-02-2023, 09:28 PM
Anyone thinking Briles isn't a great OC option is a damn fool. He's dealing with a terrible situation at Arkansas and trying to get out like everybody else.

Cowbell
01-02-2023, 09:33 PM
If Briles leaves, you have to think there is no way KJ rides that sinking ship.

PGHBulldogBG
01-02-2023, 09:41 PM
What exactly is going on at Arkansas? I know I’m this day and age teams lose players in the portal, but this seems to be a mass exit. I wasn’t sure if I missed something outside the norm there

KOdawg1
01-02-2023, 09:43 PM
If Briles leaves, you have to think there is no way KJ rides that sinking ship.

Briles + KJ + our defense next year would be fun

Coach34
01-02-2023, 09:44 PM
Briles + KJ + our defense next year would be fun

hell yeah it would. It would be Mullen's O with better WR's and a better Relf

Cowbell
01-02-2023, 09:46 PM

And loaded at RB. We just need a big TE

ZedFedder
01-02-2023, 10:00 PM
Side question

Why is everyone leaving Arkansas? What did Pittman do or what has he done to cause all these players and coaches to jump ship?

SteelCurtain74
01-02-2023, 10:03 PM
Is there anyone else we would want Briles to bring over besides KJ? I'm not up on their roster or who they have in the portal.

TrapGame
01-02-2023, 10:04 PM
Is there anyone else we would want Briles to bring over besides KJ? I'm not up on their roster or who they have in the portal.

Maybe a TE.***

Todd4State
01-02-2023, 10:06 PM
And you want Steve spurrier jr. It's ridiculous. It's ZA's career on the line, and he doesn't wanna hitch it to an offense he has to play perfect defense to protect. I'm glad ZA has common sense

Where did I say I wanted Spurrier?

Todd4State
01-02-2023, 10:08 PM

Were they run off after their head coach passed away? No.

Coach34
01-02-2023, 10:09 PM
Were they run off after their head coach passed away? No.

It doesnt really matter in today's college football. There is no loyalty on either side at this point.

Coach34
01-02-2023, 10:13 PM
Not to mention- you would have to be insane not to be happy about KJ coming to play QB. 68% completion percentage, 24 TD's to 5 picks....9 rushing TD's....his stats are actually better than Dakota's. That would be a great pull for us

But even if we didnt get KJ- we could hit the portal and get us to Robertson and Parson

yjnkdawg
01-02-2023, 10:18 PM
Some people are amazing on a message board. We hire CZA to run our football program, be a mentor to our players and win football games, but some want him to keep the current staff and hire within. Others say certain coaches' offenses won't fit the players we have and it will never work. I'm pretty sure that anybody (Briles, Johns, etc.) CZA is considering can adapt their offense to fit our player personnel, whether it is a modernized air raid, veer, or whatever he feels will work best. And this talk about a rebuild or players leaving is crazy if we don't do this or that. CZA knows what he is doing and what he wants in his OC and the offense he wants to run.

Dawgface
01-02-2023, 10:26 PM
Side question

Why is everyone leaving Arkansas? What did Pittman do or what has he done to cause all these players and coaches to jump ship?

I was wondering the same. Pittman was the toast of the SEC last year.

msu15
01-02-2023, 10:27 PM
Some people are amazing on a message board. We hire CZA to run our football program, be a mentor to our players and win football games, but some want him to keep the current staff and hire within. Others say certain coaches' offenses won't fit the players we have and it will never work. I'm pretty sure that anybody (Briles, Johns, etc.) CZA is considering can adapt their offense to fit our player personnel, whether it is a modernized air raid, veer, or whatever he feels will work best. And this talk about a rebuild or players leaving is crazy if we don't do this or that. CZA knows what he is doing and what he wants in his OC and the offense he wants to run.
Say it louder

Todd4State
01-02-2023, 10:29 PM

I see some of us have completely forgotten the Joe Moorhead era.

Look if people here want to watch a rebuild it's no skin off of my back. I'm suggesting something that would make Arnett's life easier as opposed to making it harder so you know- he can succeed here or have an easier time doing so.

Todd4State
01-02-2023, 10:30 PM
I was wondering the same. Pittman was the toast of the SEC last year.

I think it's always somewhat of a slippery slope with recruiters as head coaches- see Coach O. He was more of an underdog story than anything.

Todd4State
01-02-2023, 10:31 PM
Briles beat us in 2021 with his starting QB

Well guess who we'll be starting when the Egg Bowl rolls around?

yjnkdawg
01-02-2023, 10:40 PM

Look if people here want to watch a rebuild it's no skin off of my back. I'm suggesting something that would make Arnett's life easier as opposed to making it harder so you know- he can succeed here or have an easier time doing so.

I don't know how what Moorhead did or didn't do has anything to do with this hire. CZA is going to hire an experienced OC to run the offense, and get who he think will be best at the assistant coach positions and the off the field positions. You are suggesting something that you "think" would make life easier for him. And it's not going to be a rebuild.

Coach34
01-02-2023, 10:43 PM
It boggles the mind that anybody watching today wants us to keep the same offense

Todd4State
01-02-2023, 10:44 PM
I don't know how what Moorhead did or didn't do has anything to do with this hire. CZA is going to hire an experienced OC to run the offense, and get who he think will be best at the assistant coach positions and the off the field positions. You are suggesting something that you "think" would make life easier for him. And it's not going to be a rebuild.

Based on years of what Briles has done on offense.

But please tell me the Air Raid and Veer and Shoot are alike because Art Briles coached with Leach 20 years ago and they run some Air Raid plays like literally every offense does now again?

Todd4State
01-02-2023, 10:47 PM
It boggles the mind that anybody watching today wants us to keep the same offense

No one is basing the future off of a game where we had no OC calling the plays.

Quaoarsking
01-02-2023, 10:50 PM
It won't really be much of a rebuild if we get both Briles and Jefferson. Like I said earlier, Jefferson had the 2nd best passing efficiency in the SEC and 8th in the FBS this past year, and that stand doesn't take his running ability into account.

confucius say
01-02-2023, 10:57 PM

Better find some OL

msstate7
01-02-2023, 11:01 PM
Better find some OL

Most of our starting oline weren't recruited as pass heavy guys

Coach34
01-02-2023, 11:02 PM
Better find some OL

meh our OL is fine. They are still physical southern guys that love contact

confucius say
01-02-2023, 11:04 PM
meh our OL is fine. They are still physical southern guys that love contact

57 can't run block.
58 could be okay.
66 I've never seen do it so don't know
64 prob be okay.

msu15
01-02-2023, 11:04 PM

I'm sure Zach would take your well-informed suggestion to heart over his own.

Dawgology
01-02-2023, 11:10 PM
I understand both points of view here. We don’t want to have to rebuild the offense but you have to let the HC find what he believes will work. I think ML’s true Air Raid would work with a mobile QB with a stronger arm but then would it really be a true Air Raid. On the other hand if we go back to the old spread or option then we end up losing an advantage I think. The Air Raid gave us a chance against almost every team.

confucius say
01-02-2023, 11:15 PM
I understand both points of view here. We don’t want to have to rebuild the offense but you have to let the HC find what he believes will work. I think ML’s true Air Raid would work with a mobile QB with a stronger arm but then would it really be a true Air Raid. On the other hand if we go back to the old spread or option then we end up losing an advantage I think. The Air Raid gave us a chance against almost every team.

Yep. If you ever want to win big, you have to be great in the throw game and have a dynamic qb. Whether that's the air raid or Briles's veer and shoot doesn't matter.

Todd4State
01-02-2023, 11:16 PM
I'm sure Zach would take your well-informed suggestion to heart over his own.

His job. His problem.

Todd4State
01-02-2023, 11:20 PM
Yep. If you ever want to win big, you have to be great in the throw game and have a dynamic qb. Whether that's the air raid or Briles's veer and shoot doesn't matter.

Here's my overarching thing. I don't have a dislike or problem with the Veer and Shoot. I have a problem with the Veer and Shoot with our current group of players.

I think we have a real chance to win 9 games next year but going to a very very different offense than what we've been doing really makes that very risky.

Todd4State
01-02-2023, 11:21 PM

Excellent post!

CadaverDawg
01-02-2023, 11:28 PM
Damn Todd, really weird hill to die on.

1. How could you not want a major change in offense after what you saw this year?

2. Who the F cares if it's a major change in philosophy (which we all know it won't be, even if it's Briles), ANYTHING is better than the garbage we saw today. It is almost damn impossible to be worse. We could bring in Tom Osborne with our current personnel and he could produce more offense. So there is literally nothing to be worried about. Any change on O should be positive.

3. I'm pretty sure the only guy that meets your criteria is Hal Mumme, and good news, we can probably hire him for free. Which would be important, bc we'd have to use the OC salary to pay players to come and play for him.

Cowbell
01-02-2023, 11:35 PM
Here's my overarching thing. I don't have a dislike or problem with the Veer and Shoot. I have a problem with the Veer and Shoot with our current group of players.

I think we have a real chance to win 9 games next year but going to a very very different offense than what we've been doing really makes that very risky.

We have a chance to win 9 games because our offense can't score on good defenses - otherwise the ceiling would be higher.

CadaverDawg
01-02-2023, 11:39 PM
We have a chance to win 9 games because our offense can't score on good defenses - otherwise the ceiling would be higher.

Exactly. With a good offense we beat LSU and Kentucky. Win 10 or 11. The defense carried us this year, and it wasn't even close.

Patrick Tibbons
01-02-2023, 11:41 PM
I think Todd is on his period.

yjnkdawg
01-02-2023, 11:41 PM
Based on years of what Briles has done on offense.

But please tell me the Air Raid and Veer and Shoot are alike because Art Briles coached with Leach 20 years ago and they run some Air Raid plays like literally every offense does now again?

First off do we even know that Kendal Briles will be our new OC? I don't think we do. CZA is not going to hire an OC where we will have players running to the portal because we had to do a rebuild, and they just don't fit our "new" offense. There is something called adapt your offense to your player personnel. Not all coaches will do this but I think that will be a prerequisite in this coaching hire. The actual 100% Air Raid is no longer in existence, as for as we are concerned, but there are Air Raid concepts.

mparkerfd20
01-02-2023, 11:44 PM
One thing apparent from this thread is, love him, but Todd should just stick to hot takes on baseball. 😜

Cooterpoot
01-02-2023, 11:55 PM

What rebuild? Most of the players outside Will Rogers want a change in offense. We were really close to losing both RBs and two more WRs to the portal. Players weren't happy with things. This offense was not good this year. Our defense won most games.

Todd4State
01-02-2023, 11:56 PM

1. How could you not want a major change in offense after what you saw this year?

2. Who the F cares if it's a major change in philosophy (which we all know it won't be, even if it's Briles), ANYTHING is better than the garbage we saw today. It is almost damn impossible to be worse. We could bring in Tom Osborne with our current personnel and he could produce more offense. So there is literally nothing to be worried about. Any change on O should be positive.

3. I'm pretty sure the only guy that meets your criteria is Hal Mumme, and good news, we can probably hire him for free. Which would be important, bc we'd have to use the OC salary to pay players to come and play for him.

I would be just as much against Mumme as I would Briles.

I've mentioned several coaches who would be good IMO along with changes like adding tempo so not sure where you're getting a lot of your crap at?

yjnkdawg
01-02-2023, 11:56 PM

Some people just like to freak out on stuff that they have no control over CD. It's not going to be 100% original Air Raid but nobody runs that anymore. Whoever the QB is won't have to process so much, and possibly over think, when he is at the line of scrimmage, like a QB does in the original Air Raid. Will even said that if a run was called it was him that called it, because CML never called a run. We just need more diversity in our offense with a fast high tempo snap count. JMO

Todd4State
01-02-2023, 11:59 PM
What rebuild? Most of the players outside Will Rogers want a change in offense. We were really close to losing both RBs and two more WRs to the portal. Players weren't happy with things. This offense was not good this year. Our defense won most games.

I said what I said. But let's keep holding onto the KJ Jefferson dream.**

Todd4State
01-03-2023, 12:01 AM
First off do we even know that Kendal Briles will be our new OC? I don't think we do. CZA is not going to hire an OC where we will have players running to the portal because we had to do a rebuild, and they just don't fit our "new" offense. There is something called adapt your offense to your player personnel. Not all coaches will do this but I think that will be a prerequisite in this coaching hire. The actual 100% Air Raid is no longer in existence, as for as we are concerned, but there are Air Raid concepts.

The reality is coaches don't really adapt that much.
Or as much as we would like them to.

Todd4State
01-03-2023, 12:02 AM
One thing apparent from this thread is, love him, but Todd should just stick to hot takes on baseball. 😜

So now saying Will can't run and has not the strongest arm in the world is more of a hot take than saying he can run Arkansas's offense? OK.

CadaverDawg
01-03-2023, 12:05 AM
I would be just as much against Mumme as I would Briles.

I've mentioned several coaches who would be good IMO along with changes like adding tempo so not sure where you're getting a lot of your crap at?

Did you watch Briles offense at Baylor? He has proven to be able to go full blown air it out air raid, or be balanced, or even a smidge run heavy if personnel calls for it.

He would be a home run hire, ESPECIALLY considering our personnel. And when comparing Briles to what we ran this year, it's insane to insinuate that he would be anything other than a drastic improvement.

Land KJ with him and we are suddenly looking at a major offensive improvement.

Again, I'm not asssuming we actually get Briles, but anybody that wouldn't be excited about him has had their head in the sand all season when we have had the ball. Briles was considered one of, if not THE, #1 OC out there when he went to Arkansas. Dude can coach, and we would be lucky to have him. If it costs us a few players, so be it. I'm sure we can overcome the Not Shit they provided on offense this season while our d bailed their asses out.

yjnkdawg
01-03-2023, 12:13 AM
Did you watch Briles offense at Baylor? He has proven to be able to go full blown air it out air raid, or be balanced, or even a smidge run heavy if personnel calls for it.

He would be a home run hire, ESPECIALLY considering our personnel. And when comparing Briles to what we ran this year, it's insane to insinuate that he would be anything other than a drastic improvement.

Again, I'm not asssuming we actually get Briles, but anybody that wouldn't be excited about him has had their head in the sand all season when we have had the ball. Briles was considered one of, if not THE, #1 OC out there when he went to Arkansas. Dude can coach, and we would be lucky to have him. If it costs us a few players, so be it. I'm sure we can overcome the Not Shit they provided on offense this season while our d bailed their asses out.

THIS....... You can't base what he will do at MSU on what his offense looked like at ARK.

mparkerfd20
01-03-2023, 12:17 AM
So now saying Will can't run and has not the strongest arm in the world is more of a hot take than saying he can run Arkansas's offense? OK.

How you picked that out of everything in this thread I don't know. Most everyone here doesn't want Will as our QB regardless of who the OC is next year. You're right he can't run Arkansas's offense when he regressed and really struggled with ours at times. We all sure as hell know he can't be a dual threat QB. He's scared to death of getting hit. My comment was in general that you seem to want the exact offense we ran this year with a few more runs. I don't think that is reality even with the names you've suggested. I'm gonna give CZA the benefit of the doubt to do whatever the hell he wants tho and ain't dying on a hill for a pure Air Raid for sure.

Todd4State
01-03-2023, 12:17 AM

Yeah. I watched him when he was at Baylor. We ain't hiring his Dad though. Just enjoy your rebuild next year. Then you'll see the D bailing our ass out a lot more. It's what you want so...

And keep up that defense bailing our offense out narrative- like Auburn when the offense had to score twice because the defense wilted. Our Kentucky when Rodriguez ran right through us after our offense gave us the lead. Keep acting like an MSU offense averaging 30 PPG is somehow bad. I think this team either tied or set the record for game's scoring 40 plus points in a game for a season. The other was Bruce Arians in 1994- who MSU fired for throwing the ball too much. Saw his name in the Buccaneers ring of honor today and reminded me of how dumb our fans are. No exception from you on that.

yjnkdawg
01-03-2023, 12:18 AM
The reality is coaches don't really adapt that much.
Or as much as we would like them to.

Some do and some don't. I can't see CZA hiring somebody that doesn't adapt to our player personnel. He doesn't want a rebuild but just wants the offensive coaches he feels comfortable with and thinks they are best to teach and run the offense he wants to run.

Todd4State
01-03-2023, 12:24 AM
How you picked that out of everything in this thread I don't know. Most everyone here doesn't want Will as our QB regardless of who the OC is next year. You're right he can't run Arkansas's offense when he struggles with ours. We all sure as hell know he can't be a dual threat QB. He's scared to death of getting hit. My comment was in general that you seem to want the exact offense we ran this year with a few more runs. I don't think that is reality even with the names you've suggested. I'm gonna give CZA the benefit of the doubt to do whatever the hell he wants tho and ain't dying on a hill for a pure Air Raid for sure.

Because the reality is:

1. There is ZERO guarantee at this point we would get KJ Jefferson. There is a chance he would go pro as well. That's a lot more likely than him coming to us.

2. Who in the portal would be better than Will right now that we could realistically get? If we run him off just because Arnett wants to without a legit better option that's really dumb. And I don't think Arnett is dumb.

3. So odds are Will is going to be our QB next year.

4. I'm not just basing my opinion of Briles off of just Arkansas. I'm basing it off of his time at Florida State and FAU as well.

CadaverDawg
01-03-2023, 12:25 AM
Yeah. I watched him when he was at Baylor. We ain't hiring his Dad though. Just enjoy your rebuild next year. Then you'll see the D bailing our ass out a lot more. It's what you want so...

And keep up that defense bailing our offense out narrative- like Auburn when the offense had to score twice because the defense wilted. Our Kentucky when Rodriguez ran right through us after our offense gave us the lead. Keep acting like an MSU offense averaging 30 PPG is somehow bad. I think this team either tied or set the record for game's scoring 40 plus points in a game for a season. The other was Bruce Arians in 1994- who MSU fired for throwing the ball too much. Saw his name in the Buccaneers ring of honor today and reminded me of how dumb our fans are. No exception from you on that.

Rebuilding what? You are making yourself look silly. What exactly are you wanting to hang on to? Our offense sucked this year.

Todd4State
01-03-2023, 12:26 AM
Some do and some don't. I can't see CZA hiring somebody that doesn't adapt to our player personnel. He doesn't want a rebuild but just wants the offensive coaches he feels comfortable with and thinks they are best to teach and run the offense he wants to run.

There is intent and there is reality.

BeardoMSU
01-03-2023, 12:28 AM

What if we have a different QB?

Todd4State
01-03-2023, 12:35 AM
Rebuilding what? You are making yourself look silly. What exactly are you wanting to hang on to? Our offense sucked this year.

The offense.

Briles runs a run heavy RPO based offense with downfield passing.

We can improve! I'm not saying that we can't! But putting a square peg into a round hole isn't the way to improve. That's what you're not getting. You think Briles is going to come in here and just draw up some plays and oh look it works! What a genius! When there is zero evidence to back that up at all. And the evidence actually goes against him doing that. All you have to hold onto is something that happened when he was under his Dad who was calling plays at Baylor.

I want us to do things that Zach Kittley and Ben Arbuckle do. That fits our players that we currently have much better. And it's guess what- much different than Leach. So stop coming back with this "you just want to run Leach's offense" bullshit.

But when this doesn't work out like you think- you're just going to blame Leach and Will anyway so whatever. Knock yourself out.

Bubb Rubb
01-03-2023, 12:38 AM

Man, hiring Briles would be an absolute home run. It's the absolute best thing that could happen for us given the situation we're in currently. And that situation includes a potential generational talent coming in at QB.

I don't see how anyone with an IQ over 35 can be upset over the idea of bringing in a proven OC after watching the offensive shit show we've seen for the better part of three years. And it's completely absurd to suggest that next year would be a tear-it-down rebuild.

I hope we hire Briles for a lot of reasons, but the least of which is reading your spin over it next year when you're forced to eat your words.

Bothrops
01-03-2023, 12:40 AM
Changing the offense will send WR's bailing. I'm not into a change in philosophy, I'm into a qb change. I don't want to go back to the wr recruiting issues we had before Leach.

Todd4State
01-03-2023, 12:41 AM
What if we have a different QB?

Then that's different. Personally I'm against that because I don't think that's the right thing to do because of the circumstances. And Will has won us a lot of games- remember "we will never win 9 games with Will as our QB". Well here we are now. We can win with Will in the right scheme. And I think adding some things to the offense can make it better with Will in it.

That aside- I'm not certain we can get someone much better and it doesn't address the other issues we have at WR or the o-line among other things.

Bubb Rubb
01-03-2023, 12:41 AM
The offense.

At Arkansas. Because that's his personnel. He's done different things with different types of players. He's the exact coach you should want here because he's going to run a scheme that fits his personnel.

CadaverDawg
01-03-2023, 12:42 AM
The offense.

We can improve! I'm not saying that we can't! But putting a square peg into a round hole isn't the way to improve. That's what you're not getting. You think Briles is going to come in here and just draw up some plays and oh look it works! What a genius! When there is zero evidence to back that up at all. And the evidence actually goes against him doing that. All you have to hold onto is something that happened when he was under his Dad who was calling plays at Baylor.

I want us to do things that Zach Kittley and Ben Arbuckle do. That fits our players that we currently have much better. And it's guess what- much different than Leach. So stop coming back with this "you just want to run Leach's offense" bullshit.

But when this doesn't work out like you think- you're just going to blame Leach and Will anyway so whatever. Knock yourself out.

You are big time sensitive about this. Like, over the top. It's funny and concerning. You are forgetting that we are in a day in age where an entire scheme can be overhauled in the portal. But you're also freaking out over something that A. We don't know if he will even be hired by us, and B. We all know Arnett isn't going to go wishbone or anything too different. Briles isn't nearly as different as you're making him out to be. And it's just funny watching you get so in a tizzy over the thought of us bringing in a great OC that isn't a true Air Raid guy. We will be fine, and our O will be better, regardless of who the OC is. And even if Will isn't our QB.

I haven't seen you this animated over football since you were hung up on getting us a good "H-Back" during the late Mullen years, lol.

https://media.tenor.com/z16PaCJtC0gAAAAM/bubbles-no-way.gif

trob115
01-03-2023, 12:43 AM
Todd clearly doesn't remember Briles pre Arkansas.

Todd4State
01-03-2023, 12:44 AM
Man, hiring Briles would be an absolute home run. It's the absolute best thing that could happen for us given the situation we're in currently. And that situation includes a potential generational talent coming in at QB.

I don't see how anyone with an IQ over 35 can be upset over the idea of bringing in a proven OC after watching the offensive shit show we've seen for the better part of three years. And it's completely absurd to suggest that next year would be a tear-it-down rebuild.

I hope we hire Briles for a lot of reasons, but the least of which is reading your spin over it next year when you're forced to eat your words.

You mean the offensive shit show that scored more points than your home run hire? Ok.

Todd4State
01-03-2023, 12:50 AM
You are big time sensitive about this. Like, over the top. It's funny and concerning. You are forgetting that we are in a day in age where an entire scheme can be overhauled in the portal. But you're also freaking out over something that A. We don't know if he will even be hired by us, and B. We all know Arnett isn't going to go wishbone or anything too different. Briles isn't nearly as different as you're making him out to be. And it's just funny watching you get so in a tizzy over the thought of us bringing in a great OC that isn't a true Air Raid guy. We will be fine, and our O will be better, regardless of who the OC is. And even if Will isn't our QB.

I haven't seen you this animated over football since you were hung up on getting us a good "H-Back" during the late Mullen years, lol.

https://media.tenor.com/z16PaCJtC0gAAAAM/bubbles-no-way.gif

Probably because I had to watch Moorhead waste a veteran MSU team with his scheme that didn't fit. We don't have a chance very often at MSU to win 9 in a regular season but I feel like we do next year. With Leach I definitely think we would have. Now I'm not so sure.

Todd4State
01-03-2023, 12:51 AM
At Arkansas. Because that's his personnel. He's done different things with different types of players. He's the exact coach you should want here because he's going to run a scheme that fits his personnel.

I'll have to see it to believe it. And at this point I clearly don't.

CadaverDawg
01-03-2023, 12:52 AM
Todd clearly doesn't remember Briles pre Arkansas.

Nope

Bubb Rubb
01-03-2023, 12:54 AM
You mean the offensive shit show that scored more points than your home run hire? Ok.

The teams averaged the same points per game. But State scored more defensive and special teams points, so apples to apples, Arkansas scored almost 3 ppg more than we did this year, and that's with significant injuries that led to their best offensive weapon missing time. Total offense, they finished fifth in the conference, while we finished 10th. If you just go by SEC numbers, Arkansas was even better.

Facts are your friends. Look into them.

Bubb Rubb
01-03-2023, 12:55 AM
Probably because I had to watch Moorhead waste a veteran MSU team with his scheme that didn't fit. We don't have a chance very often at MSU to win 9 in a regular season but I feel like we do next year. With Leach I definitely think we would have. Now I'm not so sure.

Good news Todd: We're not hiring Joe Moorhead.

Really Clark?
01-03-2023, 12:56 AM
The offense.

Briles does not run an RPO based offense. Don't know where you dreamed that up. But John's at Duke who is one of the guys you want us to hire us further away from Leach schemes than Briles. And he has a lot more RPO's with a zone read run concept. Heck it ran more than he threw his first year at Memphis and was run off at Indiana. You are off the rails on this.

Todd4State
01-03-2023, 01:06 AM
Briles does not run an RPO based offense. Don't know where you dreamed that up. But John's at Duke who is one of the guys you want us to hire us further away from Leach schemes than Briles. And he has a lot more RPO's with a zone read run concept. Heck it ran more than he threw his first year at Memphis and was run off at Indiana. You are off the rails on this.

Johns offense this year was a lot more like ours than Briles is. Lots of Air Raid concepts- y-stick, mesh, etc.

Todd4State
01-03-2023, 01:11 AM
The teams averaged the same points per game. But State scored more defensive and special teams points, so apples to apples, Arkansas scored almost 3 ppg more than we did this year, and that's with significant injuries that led to their best offensive weapon missing time. Total offense, they finished fifth in the conference, while we finished 10th. If you just go by SEC numbers, Arkansas was even better.

Facts? Oh I've looked into them. Like he didn't have to play Georgia or Kentucky in SEC play like we did. Thank goodness he got Kansas to prop up his stats because his offense sure couldn't pad them against Missouri State or Liberty.

And a whooping 3 PPG more! Let's open up the Leo Seal account now and bring him home!**

Quaoarsking
01-03-2023, 01:26 AM
It's possible to love Leach and also like the idea of Briles coming in.

Hiring Briles does not mean we are dishonoring Leach or retroactively deciding he wasn't good.

BlackSailsDawg
01-03-2023, 03:16 AM

That's a direct issue by Briles. You are admitting he can not recruit what he needs to run his system.

It's insane to think that Briles will change offenses based on who he could or could not recruit. He can not know every offense in order to do that.

BlackSailsDawg
01-03-2023, 03:19 AM

Fact. Ms st won more games than they did.

Briles lost to friggin TAMU.

BlackSailsDawg
01-03-2023, 03:20 AM

Facts? Oh I've looked into them. Like he didn't have to play Georgia or Kentucky in SEC play like we did. Thank goodness he got Kansas to prop up his stats because his offense sure couldn't pad them against Missouri State or Liberty.

And a whooping 3 PPG more! Let's open up the Leo Seal account now and bring him home!**

Exactly.

msstate7
01-03-2023, 08:22 AM
Briles first year at previous stops improvement...

Total offense ranks nationally:
2016 FAU - 72nd
2017 FAU (briles year 1) - 9th

2017 Houston - 40th
2018 Houston (KB year 1) - 7th

2018 fsu - 103rd
2019 fsu (KB year 1) - 59th

2019 ark - 111th
2020 ark (KB year 1) - 66th

Each stop has had a massive improvement in offense immediately.
We finished 62nd this year BTW

msstate7
01-03-2023, 08:25 AM
Briles at ark in total offense...
2020 - 66th
2021 - 27th
2022 - 16th

mo7888
01-03-2023, 08:27 AM

I think it's pretty obvious that you're on the right track here... For me, I'm more concerned that the administration would hire an unproven HC if we were going to have a wholesale change in offensive philosophy. If we were going to do that then we should have had a national search because holding together a class that fits the current system if you're changing it makes no sense. In fact, it looks like we did it just to be cheap. That said, I'm not convinced that CZA is really going to change things as much as most of the crowd here thinks, because he can't afford to take a step back if he makes wholesale changes. Everyone who isn't just being biased and trying to convert their hate into some sort of weird justification so they don't have to face how wrong they were about the air raid knows that's our best short term path to success next year. Will there be some changes? Of course...ML was already moving in that direction with the QB's we were recruiting but it wasn't a wholesale type of change...he was moving to add variations and adding things Will can't do. Will we accelerate that? Maybe.... but that's not as radical as the sad sacks who were wrong think...

How many people here didn't think we'd ever have a winning season with the air raid? How many didn't think we'd even ever hire an air raid coach? Those people were obviously wrong and they want to go to anything else so they don't continue to look as dumb as they currently do.... so fire away...I have no f***s to give...

msstate7
01-03-2023, 08:30 AM
I think it's pretty obvious that you're on the right track here... For me, I'm more concerned that the administration would hire an unproven HC if we were going to have a wholesale change in offensive philosophy. If we were going to do that then we should have had a national search because holding together a class that fits the current system if you're changing it makes no sense. In fact, it looks like we did it just to be cheap. That said, I'm not convinced that CZA is really going to change things as much as most of the crowd here thinks, because he can't afford to take a step back if he makes wholesale changes. Everyone who isn't just being biased and trying to convert their hate into some sort of weird justification so they don't have to face how wrong they were about the air raid knows that's our best short term path to success next year. Will there be some changes? Of course...ML was already moving in that direction with the QB's we were recruiting but it wasn't a wholesale type of change...he was moving to add variations and adding things Will can't do. Will we accelerate that? Maybe.... but that's not as radical as the sad sacks who were wrong think...

How many people here didn't think we'd ever have a winning season with the air raid? How many didn't think we'd even ever hire an air raid coach? Those people were obviously wrong and they want to go to anything else so they don't continue to look as dumb as they currently do.... so fire away...I have no f***s to give...

Obviously our current HC wants to go to something different too.

Bubb Rubb
01-03-2023, 08:32 AM

You said our offense scored more points than they did. When I presented you facts to dispute that, this is the best response you can come up with?

Are you this big of a douchebag in real life too? Or are you just playing heel for ED?

Really Clark?
01-03-2023, 08:33 AM
Johns offense this year was a lot more like ours than Briles is. Lots of Air Raid concepts- y-stick, mesh, etc.

Well you are just absolutely wrong. John's is a lot closer to Moorehead with his scheme than Leach.

Bubb Rubb
01-03-2023, 08:33 AM
Fact. Ms st won more games than they did.

Briles lost to friggin TAMU.

You realize that there are three phases of the game, and Briles only leads one of them, right? Arkansas had a historically bad defense this year.

Whoever we hire, there will be dumbasses who don't know what they're talking about bitching about it.

Dawgface
01-03-2023, 08:34 AM
No one on this board has any influence over who is going to be hired. Just let it play out before getting your panties in a wad.

ZedFedder
01-03-2023, 08:36 AM
I am skeptical we even get Briles, but you can’t deny the numbers.