PDA

View Full Version : Omaha Game Thread - MSU v Virginia

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5

maroonmania
06-22-2021, 07:03 PM
I have no problem with Mac. He just doesn't have it. He doesn't and it's time to move on. But these overpaid professionals making decisions.....that is an entirely different situation.

Don't understand why our coaches couldn't see that and move Harding into the #2 rotation spot.

Bdawg
Wtf happened to him? He has been awful.

Ever since he's lost his velocity a year or so ago, he really is not the same. Your not fooling anyone throwing 90 down the middle. His fastball is flat and fat at 90. I don't know how he lost his 94.

CadaverDawg
Are Gautreau's guys going to get no hit? What a wimpy ass tournament they're having so far in Omaha

msstate7
I love rowdey, but he has to learn to lay off those dirt balls. He'll be chewed up in AA if he doesn't lay off those

CadaverDawg
06-22-2021, 07:04 PM
We're done. This is the most Mississippi State thing ever.

Yep. From hero to zero in 48 hours. Yet we fall for it every year

maroonmania
Clark is as bad as Forsythe now. I'm nauseous

I agree. As bad as Clark is right now, we would be as well off to put Hatcher back on first and move Hancock back to the DH spot.

Activated Alpha
Well I did not see any quality ABs there. Making their guy look like Nolan Ryan. Really need you here PJ

NCDawg
We're not a very good hitting team. Really fortunate to get as far as we have.

Lord McBuckethead
06-22-2021, 07:05 PM
Yep, he had a double in game 3 against ND. Other than that he is 2 for the last 20.

BuckyIsAB****
And we will just walk back to the dugout and nobody will do anything about anything.

Baseball is maddening to watch for football guys

Lord McBuckethead
I agree. As bad as Clark is right now, we would be as well off to put Hatcher back on first and move Hancock back to the DH spot.

Yep. Hatch is due.

BayouDawg
As bad as Mac was tonight. Our hitting is even more putrid. Better be a hell of a lot better at the plate next year

Cooterpoot
06-22-2021, 07:06 PM
Typical State. We've really struggled to put the bat on the ball in two games.

RocketDawg
Been through the order now, got the pitcher figured out. Big top of the 4th coming up ** (once we get through their 3rd).

The Federalist Engineer
Anyone remember when Clark last had a hit? He has been bad for a while now.

Nope - can’t recall. He’s been looking like Tanner Poole lately, not even resembling a threat

maroonmania
We're not a very good hitting team. Really fortunate to get as far as we have.

I said when we beat ND that for this team to just make Omaha is a big accomplishment. Just had too many individual players we were counting on this year underperform either offensively or defensively.

CadaverDawg
06-22-2021, 07:07 PM
The reason we're done is because nobody ever wins it all through the losers bracket...and especially not a team with 2 reliable pitchers on their staff, and foam bats in their hands

KOdawg1
Also, is it just me, or are our losses always ones where we're out of it before the game even starts? Seems like you blink and it's 4-0 or 5-0 in the 2nd. It's like we stick a stick of dynamite up our ass and light the mfer

ScoobaDawg
another helmet off. but an out.

maroonmania
06-22-2021, 07:08 PM
Yep. Hatch is due.

So is Clark by that standard. Hatch can't hit a lick either but he is at least a better defensive 1B than Hancock.

ScoobaDawg
3rd k for PJ. good job

Activated Alpha
1 more out PJ

the_real_MSU_is_us
06-22-2021, 07:09 PM
I really like Lemones, but it's clear he plays favorites. Hootie has been better than Mac for a looooooong time, and same for Fristor. Yet Fristo had to have terrible start after terrible start for Lemones to put a quark in him, and Mac is still his favorite over Hootie. Then you have Brad Cumbest, who has improves SO MUCH in his half a season of playing time, but Lemo wanted to play Skinner. Even when Brad had a .375 average on few reps Lemo still benched him over a bad AB, but let Skinner go 0-4 and still start the next day.

Hootie is our 2nd best starter. Is he a true 2nd starter? No, but he's our 2nd best pitcher. Mac clearly didn't have his stuff at any point in that first inning. Ok, see if he can shake the nerves and get it going in the 2nd.... but you DAMNED well better have a guy warming up while we bat and pull Mac when he walked the leadoff. Instead we let him give up 3 more before a guy is warmed up. Dumb. Mac already showed you in the 1st he didn't have it. This isn't March, you don't let guys "work through it" in F*ing Omaha. Pull Mac when it's clear he doesn't have it and put in Hootie. If you still believe in Mac tell him he just didn't have it tonight, but we'll need him to start game 3 so shake it off. You'd still have your top 3 pitchers making starts in the first 3 games.

But no, Lemones wanted to play favorites and act like patience is a good thing. No. You're in Omaha. Pull pitchers who don't have it.

Activated Alpha
06-22-2021, 07:09 PM
No walks PJ

CadaverDawg
06-22-2021, 07:10 PM
Also, is it just me, or are our losses always ones where we're out of it before the game even starts? Seems like you blink and it's 4-0 or 5-0 in the 2nd. It's like we stick a stick of dynamite up our ass and light the mfer

Yep, we're boom or bust. You know early if you should do something else with your next 3 hours

msstate7
Plenty of time if we can get a run or 2. Cant use another good arm though if we aren't in game

ScoobaDawg
flyout to cumbest. good half inning pj

The Federalist Engineer
We need the Virginia starter to start producing estrogen and lose the feel.

2 runs changes the game

HereComesTheSpiral

Yes, usually game 2 every weekend.

Cooterpoot
06-22-2021, 07:11 PM
So is Clark by that standard. Hatch can't hit a lick either but he is at least a better defensive 1B than Hancock.

Hell, Hancock has one of the couple hits we've got here.

Activated Alpha
Come on Bulldogs!! Need to wake the bats up and score some runs!! I will say that at least Hatcher was reliable in putting the ball in play to the 2nd baseman. Hell errors happen when you put the ball in play

maroonmania
I really like Lemones, but it's clear he plays favorites. Hootie has been better than Mac for a looooooong time, and same for Fristor. Yet Fristo had to have terrible start after terrible start for Lemones to put a quark in him, and Mac is still his favorite over Hootie. Then you have Brad Cumbest, who has improves SO MUCH in his half a season of playing time, but Lemo wanted to play Skinner. Even when Brad had a .375 average on few reps Lemo still benched him over a bad AB, but let Skinner go 0-4 and still start the next day.

Hootie is our 2nd best starter. Is he a true 2nd starter? No, but he's our 2nd best pitcher. Mac clearly didn't have his stuff at any point in that first inning. Ok, see if he can shake the nerves and get it going in the 2nd.... but you DAMNED well better have a guy warming up while we bat and pull Mac when he walked the leadoff. Instead we let him give up 3 more before a guy is warmed up. Dumb. Mac already showed you in the 1st he didn't have it. This isn't March, you don't let guys "work through it" in F*ing Omaha. Pull Mac when it's clear he doesn't have it and put in Hootie. If you still believe in Mac tell him he just didn't have it tonight, but we'll need him to start game 3 so shake it off. You'd still have your top 3 pitchers making starts in the first 3 games.

But no, Lemones wanted to play favorites and act like patience is a good thing. No. You're in Omaha. Pull pitchers who don't have it.

That blame goes mostly to Foxhall. I've heard that Lemonis really allows to Fox have the primary say on who starts games.

Rex54

Exactly. If nothing else you improve defense. I think Clark may be the better option against lesser pitching but just isn't ready to face elite arms. Hatch has more experience, again, and would be a defensive improvement.

BuckyIsAB****

Cumbest may bat 375 but he is no where near that consistent of a hitter. I would have started hootie tonight for sure

BayouDawg
Johnson has looked good. Too bad it was after Mac shit his pants?. Again

ScoobaDawg
06-22-2021, 07:12 PM
Pj at 32 pitches. longest he's done is 43 on the year but this is post season. would like to get 4 out of him.

maroonmania
Hell, Hancock has one of the couple hits we've got here.

What??? I'm talking about sitting Clark down, not Hancock.

CadaverDawg
Come on, guys...you say your hitting coach is the greatest coach on Earth, well prove it! Hit the F*cking baseball like you were recruited to do

Cooterpoot
Who throws next inning? I'm not burning a front line guy if we don't score here.

The Federalist Engineer
06-22-2021, 07:13 PM
I really like Lemones, but it's clear he plays favorites. Hootie has been better than Mac for a looooooong time, and same for Fristor. Yet Fristo had to have terrible start after terrible start for Lemones to put a quark in him, and Mac is still his favorite over Hootie.

Man, you are going to trigger all the Lemonis groupies.

Randolph Dupree
06-22-2021, 07:13 PM
I know it's a long time before they're up again but I'd put Skinner or someone else in for Clark at DH and I'd bund Forsythe every time he's up. They both look out matched and you've gotta give yourself a chance.

BuckyIsAB****
06-22-2021, 07:14 PM
Pray for a rain delay to get this dude out

Rex54
Who throws next inning? I'm not burning a front line guy if we don't score here.

PJ throws until he starts getting hit or wild.

CadaverDawg
Allen turns ice cold when it matters most

maroonmania

Brandon Smith?

KOdawg1
Our SEC POY is slumping

maroonmania
06-22-2021, 07:16 PM
KJ lets the good one go by and then waves at the second one going in the dirt.

Cooterpoot
Brandon Smith?

Be my guess.

BayouDawg
We look scared shitless at the plate. Sec player of the year needs to get his head out his asshole. Just noncompetitive weak approach by our hitters. Sickening shit Fukk it all

the_real_MSU_is_us
06-22-2021, 07:17 PM
Cumbest may bat 375 but he is no where near that consistent of a hitter. I would have started hootie tonight for sure

He's still at .333 and he's been one of out top 5 hitters every weekend. He hit the game winning tripple Sunday. Outside of Rowdy and TA, nobody in our lineup has been "consistent". Only those 2 + Tanner have had more pop too- Brad has 5 HRs in less than half a season of reps.

Point is, had we played him earlier, or even just let him keep playing till his average dipped enough to warrant a benching, he'd be even further along. But the staff played favorites and let Skinner get PT, even though Skinner never had an average or flashed the potential of Brad.

Activated Alpha
Yeah that is game. Our bats will not wake up against this guy

BayouDawg
GoTro got to go go

CadaverDawg
Clueless at the plate. This is embarrassing.

FISHDAWG
I've seen us hit better pitching... long night ahead

Cooterpoot
06-22-2021, 07:18 PM
We look scared shitless at the plate. Sec player of the year needs to get his head out his asshole. Just noncompetitive weak approach by our hitters. Sickening shit Fukk it all

Looks like great pitching is dominating us to me. This dude is electric tonight.

CadaverDawg
06-22-2021, 07:18 PM
Luke hates fastballs down the pipe. Then wonders why he hasn't hit one hard in a month

BayouDawg
06-22-2021, 07:19 PM
Looks like great pitching is dominating us to me. This dude is electric tonight.

My dog could be dominating us tonight

Maroonthirteen
This guy is absolutely over powering State at the moment. This isn't a hitting coach deal. It's a pitcher > hitter talent deal.

Preston needs to throw until he can't. We could possibly have 3 more games to play by Saturday.

Dawg2003
Damn, this dude is mowing us down.

maroonmania

Looking like back to back shutouts for UVA.

The Federalist Engineer
06-22-2021, 07:20 PM
The UVA pitcher is doing great and he is throwing strikes and Mac staked him with a lead.

We are not slumping, he’s really good

CadaverDawg
This guy is absolutely over powering State at the moment. This isn't a hitting coach deal. It's a pitcher > hitter talent deal.

Preston needs to throw until he can't. We could possibly have 3 more games to play by Saturday.

2 nights in a row it's just incredible pitching? At what point is it us?

Cooterpoot
My dog could be dominating us tonight

Meh. Your dog doesn't throw 97 with two other pitches. It's why I say Foxhall isn't that good. We never develop pitches.

maroonmania
Line drive to CF by LoTan the closest we've come to a hit tonight.

NCDawg
06-22-2021, 07:21 PM
The book on this guy said he was wild. I don't see it yet.

HoopsDawg
Allen turns ice cold when it matters most

your posts in this thread have been awful. not just this one. all of your posts.

ScoobaDawg
well at least he put it in play... fuc*

maroonmania
Well dang, thought that was hit off the bat.

BuckyIsAB****
He's still at .333 and he's been one of out top 5 hitters every weekend. He hit the game winning tripple Sunday. Outside of Rowdy and TA, nobody in our lineup has been "consistent". Only those 2 + Tanner have had more pop too- Brad has 5 HRs in less than half a season of reps.

Point is, had we played him earlier, or even just let him keep playing till his average dipped enough to warrant a benching, he'd be even further along. But the staff played favorites and let Skinner get PT, even though Skinner never had an average or flashed the potential of Brad.

That is a valid point

CadaverDawg
Finally make contact and it's right at them. We may legit get no hit. Has that happened in the CWS?

HoopsDawg
06-22-2021, 07:22 PM

tough to lay off, but we have swung at 7 balls out of the zone by my count. We have to work the count on this guy. Lane F swung at the first pitch. Can't happen.

BayouDawg
Meh. Your dog doesn't throw 97 with two other pitches. It's why I say Foxhall isn't that good. We never develop pitches.

You may have a point with foxhall. Macloud got worse. Canada is still shit.

Maroonthirteen
2 nights in a row it's just incredible pitching? At what point is it us?

We aren't a great hitting team. But this guy tonight is filthy good.

CadaverDawg
06-22-2021, 07:23 PM
your posts in this thread have been awful. not just this one. all of your posts.

Don't give a shit. Thanks. If you think Allen hasn't turned ice cold in Omaha, you're blind. He was great all year in clutch moments, but ice cold in the biggest stage this week...not sure what you're referring to, and don't care

State82
FSU has been to the CWS over 30 times without a Natty. We will follow in their footsteps. That is what we do.

ScoobaDawg
Come on PJ keep it going

Lord McBuckethead
06-22-2021, 07:24 PM
Look guys. This damn game isn't over. We have all the ability to shut them down and score 5 runs.

It is clearly the time for a quick team meeting and rally the ballplayers right here. 17 everything. We fight until we 17n take our last breath.

Jacknut
Yeah, who was making fun of the VA pitcher? Cerantola ain't seen the day.

The Federalist Engineer

Nah man, he met a magical but imaginary buddy named Bagger….Bagger Vance….found his authentic throwing motion. Now he is Cy Young.

Cooterpoot
You may have a point with foxhall. Macloud got worse. Canada is still shit.

His pitchers are all 2 pitch pitchers. You get here, you need that 3rd pitch. It's all straight fastball and slider almost.

ScoobaDawg

it's what he does. just ignore it.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
Is this the SEC tournament part duex? I haven't seen us dominated like this in a while. We can't get off the mat.

maroonmania
PJ won't last much longer. He has really not done long relief.

ScoobaDawg
06-22-2021, 07:25 PM
another sac bunt. now k this guy.

msstate7
I would just quit watching baseball
If this were our offense

ScoobaDawg
PJ won't last much longer. He has really not done long relief.

he's done 43 pitches before.. that ain't long. this is fuc*ing omaha nut up

maroonmania
06-22-2021, 07:26 PM
We should sac bunt our leadoff baserunner. Oh wait, we haven't had a leadoff baserunner.

ScoobaDawg
06-22-2021, 07:26 PM
damn hit. at least he didnt score.

bobtail bob
06-22-2021, 07:27 PM
This game is over.

ScoobaDawg
PJ is done.

Activated Alpha
Looks like the 2nd ND game all over again. Just not our night

Cooterpoot
We should sac bunt our leadoff baserunner. Oh wait, we haven't had a leadoff baserunner.

We don't sac bunt either.

BayouDawg
06-22-2021, 07:28 PM
When this team loses. They do it big. They dont mess around.

ScoobaDawg
Patrick in.
Hold suit. get a k here

msstate7
We don't sac bunt either.

Thank God we don't in the 1st inning and when we're up 4-0

Maroonthirteen
I guess we use the whole damn bullpen tonight and throw someone's dad from maben Friday. Damn it.

CadaverDawg
Patrick is a white flag. On to Thursday

bobtail bob
Burning through the bull pen and headed to the losers bracket.
This team doesn’t manufacture runs well enough to win a title and that’s just the dam truth

ScoobaDawg
06-22-2021, 07:29 PM
I have no reason to believe it won't be worse soon. or that we score 4.
but it's only 4-0 damnit guys

msstate7
I guess we use the whole damn bullpen tonight and throw someone's dad from maben Friday. Damn it.

Harding Thursday. If we win, Mac again on Friday

Homedawg
Your take- foxhall isn't good. Goat isn't good lemonis isn't good. Amazing we win a game truly

Cooterpoot
Patrick needs a DP. He ain't K'ing anybody.

The Federalist Engineer
Patrick, Double Play or 3-run Homer could happen

Activated Alpha
06-22-2021, 07:30 PM
Guess we are conceding this game with Patrick coming in

BuckyIsAB****
O Conner is coaching circles around us

Randolph Dupree
It's only 4-0 but the one thing we didn't need to happen is Mac to shit the bed and for this to turn into a bullpen affair. Unfortunately that's what we got. Gotta figure it out now

sleepy dawg
It's a major long shot at this point. Major.

CadaverDawg
06-22-2021, 07:31 PM

I honestly would rather see any pitcher than Mac again. He's done. Mentally and physically

msstate7
Your take- foxhall isn't good. Goat isn't good lemonis isn't good. Amazing we win a game truly

Only ones that are good in this thread...

EC according to me
Hatcher according to Rex

God help us haha

Lord McBuckethead

We can score 8 runs in this game, but 17 me if all of our hitters are looking for someone else to do it. Time to tell them to take some cuts at the ball and stop being pussies.

maroonmania

I wouldn't count on it being just 4-0 after this inning.

Cooterpoot

Fox hall's staff went backwards. Name all the guys that throw three pitches. Hell, we don't even learn a 2 seam or cutter. 4 seam and slider for all! We recruit we'll. Good arms that can get it done. But when you're down to the last few teams, you need more. Outside of three pitchers, the rest have been disappointing to end the season.

the_real_MSU_is_us
Pitching: Mac is way worse than last year. Bednar developed nicely. Sims is incredible. Hootie is what he was from the getgo. Brandon Smith, Cerantola, Johnson, Stinnett, Fristo, Cade Smith, Tepper, and literally everyone else failed to reach their potential this year, OR EVEN GET BETTER AS THE YEAR WENT ON!

So Foxhaul gets credit for having 2 good pitchers out of.... literally 10 high quality arms by my count, and I'm sure I'm missing people. That's pathetic to not have a SIMGLE arm figure it out as the year goes on.

Jake G has done great work in the past here so I'll cut him some slack, but he gets a grade of C+ at best this year. TA and Rowdy were studs coming into this year. James has come along a bit, Tanner looks well coached, Cumbest looked terrible but got better once he got PT so I think he just needed reps and can't give Jake G credit for that, and.... Hancock is somewhat competent? Nobody has come "on" this year, or really improved even as the year went on the same way that '18 team did, or even last year before Covid shut us down.

Coach Cheese gets a pass. I have no idea what he actually does, but he's the catching coach and we have a stud defensive catcher so I guess he's going good.

But Foxhaul, that guy can go for all I care. I see zero signs "coaching" has occurred as this season has gone on and the staff MASSIVELY under performed their potential.

I can't speak to their recruiting

msstate7
I honestly would rather see any pitcher than Mac again. He's done. Mentally and physically

You could go bednar on 4 days rest

ScoobaDawg
06-22-2021, 07:32 PM
Patrick is a white flag. On to Thursday

Patrick is a change of pace and damn well f*cking worked.

double play. no score

ScoobaDawg
Patrick needs a DP. He ain't K'ing anybody.

wish granted.

maroonmania
Well, nice DP to keep it 4-0.

The Federalist Engineer

Mac never again unless it?s midweek vs Alcorn State, Cade Smith please. Cade can get experience for starting in Omaha next season

Activated Alpha
Well 17 me blindfolded, did not see Patrick getting us out of that

Maroonthirteen

Yep..... and hell no.

But you're probably right.

BuckyIsAB****
06-22-2021, 07:33 PM
Please just swing hard at something

ScoobaDawg
I wouldn't count on it being just 4-0 after this inning.

well it is. have some damn faith!

msstate7
Mac never again unless it’s midweek vs Alcorn State, Cade Smith please. He can get experience for starting in Omaha next season

Who you gonna use then? Bednar on 4 days rest in the only other acceptable option imo

BayouDawg
Guess we are conceding this game with Patrick coming in

It helps that his team seems to have an idea of what the bat is for.

Lord McBuckethead
06-22-2021, 07:34 PM
Time for Leggett to go in for Forsythe. Seriously. We cannot have an automatic out in our lineup. We have 15 outs left to score at least 6 runs.

HoopsDawg
06-22-2021, 07:34 PM
I would just quit watching baseball
If this were our offense

thank goodness they have given us 3 outs.

BayouDawg
06-22-2021, 07:36 PM
You could go bednar on 4 days rest

Id pull a homeless guy off the street before I let Mac anywhere close to the mound

BuckyIsAB****
This is just depressing

msstate7
Gotta score... even if it's just 1

BuckyIsAB****
06-22-2021, 07:37 PM
I have never seen a game go so far one teams way

BayouDawg
Aside from this abortion of a performance. The body language is atrocious.

ScoobaDawg
we have to get that damn pitcher out of there.

bobtail bob
They are happy to stack outs and move the game along at this point.

maroonmania
No hits but that was by far the best contact we've had against this guy tonight.

ScoobaDawg
I have never seen a game go so far one teams way

it's like watching an auburn football game..

Lord McBuckethead
06-22-2021, 07:38 PM
8 hits to 0 hits. WTF hitters.

Activated Alpha
I have 0 confidence our offense will show up this CWS. Our guys are looking silly against this guy

Maroonthirteen
Good news is we are starting to hit him some.

Bad news he only threw 4 pitches that inning. This guy is going the distance.

the_real_MSU_is_us
Mac never again unless it?s midweek vs Alcorn State, Cade Smith please. Cade can get experience for starting in Omaha next season

I can't believe how terrible Foxhaul used Cade. Here's a Fr with amazing stuff... get him some work! He either learns for next year, or maybe he figures it out and we gain a good pitcher come Omaha. But we cna't use him now because he's never thrown a real inning. Meanwhile, we use Fristo till he hits a wall and then keep making him smash into it. I don't get it. Cade has good stuff

Lord McBuckethead
06-22-2021, 07:39 PM
Well we have tried to work the count only to lose out on every situation. Now we swing early and damn tattoo two balls directly at them.

By the way Mac sucked.

msstate7
06-22-2021, 07:39 PM
we have to get that damn pitcher out of there.

Then what? They aren't giving up runs at all, 2 runs allowed in their last 32 ip

Lord McBuckethead
06-22-2021, 07:40 PM
On thing Lemonis got wrong there.....if our hitters don't 17n show a spine, Mac will not get another opportunity.

ScoobaDawg
Stinnett in. do work!

maroonmania
Good news is we are starting to hit him some.

Bad news he only threw 4 pitches that inning. This guy is going the distance.

Even if he doesn't VA has a badass closer as well.

ScoobaDawg
06-22-2021, 07:41 PM
beautiful ground out 4-3. 1out

Lord McBuckethead
I can't believe how terrible Foxhaul used Cade. Here's a Fr with amazing stuff... get him some work! He either learns for next year, or maybe he figures it out and we gain a good pitcher come Omaha. But we cna't use him now because he's never thrown a real inning. Meanwhile, we use Fristo till he hits a wall and then keep making him smash into it. I don't get it. Cade has good stuff

Cade has fantastic stuff. I wouldn't be upset if he got a shot for serious innings in the next 5 games we will have to play.

BuckyIsAB****
On thing Lemonis got wrong there.....if our hitters don't 17n show a spine, Mac will not get another opportunity.

Amen to that. I know its hard prolly the hardest thing to do in sports but shit you do it year round show some damn nuts

CadaverDawg
Only 2 no hitters ever in the CWS, one in 1950, one in 1960. Could be #3 tonight. #WitnessHistory

ScoobaDawg
06-22-2021, 07:43 PM
K! 2 away

maroonmania
Only 2 no hitters ever in the CWS, one in 1950, one in 1960. Could be #3 tonight. #WitnessHistory

We like records. Apparently we are also trying to chase down FSU for the most CWS appearances without a NC.

Cooterpoot
Just think if Foxhall hadn't waited so long to pull his pitcher. 2-0 sure would feel a lot better than 4-0.

R2Dawg
06-22-2021, 07:44 PM

I like Cade as well.

CadaverDawg
06-22-2021, 07:45 PM
We throw some very hittable 0-2/1-2 pitches

the_real_MSU_is_us

Hey we break one record in a good way, we break another in a bad way. When you said you wanted us ot "make history" and "break records" you should have specified you wanted them all to be the good kind

R2Dawg
Just think if Foxhall hadn't waited so long to pull his pitcher. 2-0 sure would feel a lot better than 4-0.

2-0 and we are still in it. Bad coaching.

HoopsDawg

possibly 1-0.

maroonmania

SEC looking overrated at least on offense. If we don't score it will be the 3rd time an SEC team has been shutout at this CWS. TN went down 6-0 and Vandy went down 1-0.

ScoobaDawg
06-22-2021, 07:46 PM
screw him. caught stealing at 2nd. 3 out.

msstate7
SEC looking overrated at least on offense. If we don't score it will be the 3rd time an SEC team has been shutout at this CWS. TN went down 6-0 and Vandy went down 1-0.

And we won 2-1.

I don't think sec is overrated though.

EdwardDrayton
We throw some very hittable 0-2/1-2 pitches

This ^^^^^

ScoobaDawg
eh nevermind gonna be overruled looks like

BuckyIsAB****
06-22-2021, 07:47 PM
And they catch another break

maroonmania
06-22-2021, 07:47 PM
And we won 2-1.

I don't think sec is overrated though.

Maybe not but the 1 run by TX is the closest anyone else has come to being shutout.

ScoobaDawg
06-22-2021, 07:48 PM
wow. upheld. 3 outs. to the 6th

BuckyIsAB****
Somebody please get a hit. This is nap inducing

chef dixon
Dubrule has trash footwork

Activated Alpha
We got a break there boys!! Come on Bulldogs. How much juju do I have to throw your way for y?all to wake the 17 up?

ScoobaDawg
06-22-2021, 07:49 PM
Someone has to get something going here.... before we get to their closer

R2Dawg

Part of it is SEC grind. ACC didn't play near as many games. They are rested and peaking now. SEC peaked earlier. SEC hit wall. #3 SEC beat ACC champ. #? beat SEC champ

RougeDawg
You could tell Mac didn?t have it 1st hitter. Same as the last few outings. Someone needs to throw his glove in the stands and hand him a clipboard for the rest of the season.

the_real_MSU_is_us
Damnit our defense bites us again. James playing waaaay off the line allows a grounder to slip by for a run scoring double, now we can't handle a well thrown ball right on the money delivered in plenty of time because... we can't 'ballance'? The ball "locked him up", whatever that means. Anyway, hope the D can get better next year. Need to get clark a ton of practice at 1B because he's a tall lefty and that length is the only way we'll ever have a + defender there.

maroonmania
We got a break there boys!! Come on Bulldogs. How much juju do I have to throw your way for y?all to wake the 17 up?

I don't remember an overturned call the whole CWS.

Lord McBuckethead
06-22-2021, 07:50 PM
Literally every single batter on our team is due a hit. Lets get them all in the 6th.

CadaverDawg
Alright I'm switching from negative to positive. Negative worked back in Cohen's Title series run...but not tonight.

We are about to wake up the bats and get back in it

Rex54
Not our night

maroonmania
06-22-2021, 07:51 PM
Its just not our night boys.

msstate7
Not our night. Even rockets can't find grass

Maroonthirteen
Just not our night. So far...

ScoobaDawg
that makes me freaking sick
another line drive right at a infielder. out

the_real_MSU_is_us
Part of it is SEC grind. ACC didn't play near as many games. They are rested and peaking now. SEC peaked earlier. SEC hit wall. #3 SEC beat ACC champ. #? beat SEC champ

wait so now the SEC is losing because we played a lot of elite teams? I was told the playing elite teams is what prepped us for Omaha. Guess whatever fits the narrative

Rex54

ACC played much more conference games.

Dawg2003
He's only gone through our order twice right?

bobtail bob
Lane Foambat

msstate7
06-22-2021, 07:52 PM
I can barely watch college baseball when they call that 1-0 ball a strike

ScoobaDawg
06-22-2021, 07:53 PM
that's a sick spin.

maroonmania
06-22-2021, 07:53 PM
I can barely watch college baseball when they call that 1-0 ball a strike

Yea, that strike was at Forsythe's shoetops.

bobtail bob
06-22-2021, 07:54 PM
I said that two innings ago. Bunt , try to get this arrogant prick off the mound and making plays

ScoobaDawg
06-22-2021, 07:54 PM
rowdey you are so due dude... come the hell on

Rex54
06-22-2021, 07:55 PM
Clearly hit him

msstate7
Surprised he didn't call it a strike

ScoobaDawg
damn right that hit him

RocketDawg
06-22-2021, 07:56 PM
I don't remember an overturned call the whole CWS.

This one will be.

msstate7
Shut the F up, bunt boy

CadaverDawg
Perfect game is gone, so there's that. No hitter still in tact

ScoobaDawg
about damn time.
hey our leadoff batter is on.

maroonmania
06-22-2021, 07:57 PM
This one will be.

Well, that actually ended up getting it right.

ScoobaDawg
now they are gonna look at it.. which its clear.

msstate7
about damn time.
hey our leadoff batter is on.

It's 2 outs, sober up lol

maroonmania
Perfect game is gone, so there's that. No hitter still in tact

Perfect game's been gone way back. Dubrule walked.

Quaoarsking
Why didn't they just go to the tape immediately?

RocketDawg
They should've looked at the video in the first place.

Bdawg
06-22-2021, 07:58 PM
TA needs to show up.

CadaverDawg
Perfect game's been gone way back. Dubrule walked.

Oh yea, forgot

ScoobaDawg
TANNER NUT THE FU*K UP NOW and get hit.

maroonmania
Tanner about to homer!

msstate7
Why didn't they just go to the tape immediately?

Gotta make a call to review

ScoobaDawg
Oh yea, forgot

happens when you only see the bad things***

Statecoachingblows**
Now smack one out out this at 4-2

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
06-22-2021, 07:59 PM
This dude is throwing first pitch strikes. Wtf are we taking pitches?

Rex54
Jesus

basedog
No hitter tonight!

msstate7
What an awful AB

maroonmania
06-22-2021, 08:00 PM
Good heavens, Tanner looks at 2 RIGHT in the zone and then strikes out on a ball in the dirt.

BuckyIsAB****
Tanner Allen is officially bad rn

ScoobaDawg
that damn slider with tanner. losing money dude,

R2Dawg
wait so now the SEC is losing because we played a lot of elite teams? I was told the playing elite teams is what prepped us for Omaha. Guess whatever fits the narrative

I never said that. Need to stick with the same posters. The grind is real and teams do hit a wall. Teams get hot too. ACC played a soft schedule, it is what it is.

KOdawg1
I'm a Mental midget

NCDawg
When jordan and allen don't hit, we're screwed.

msstate7
06-22-2021, 08:01 PM
Another CWS flop

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
06-22-2021, 08:02 PM
We celebrated winning one game and now got our asses whipped. Sounds familiar in every sport. We can't handle success.

BuckyIsAB****
A hit thru the shift hahahah our best player swings at shit balls

Bdawg
When jordan and allen don't hit, we're screwed.

No doubt about it. Don't stand a chance if they don't produce.

the_real_MSU_is_us
06-22-2021, 08:03 PM
We can't win if Allen is cold. We just aren't well rounded enough. Barely won vs Texas with our Ace having the best start of his life and Sims going 3. And our D didn't mess up that game either. We're a V6, not a V8, and we need all cylinders firing to beat a top team

CadaverDawg
06-22-2021, 08:03 PM
MacLeod is the only thing keeping this from a 0-0 duel. Of course, you can't win without a hit, but still

ScoobaDawg
06-22-2021, 08:04 PM
I never said that. Need to stick with the same posters. The grind is real and teams do hit a wall. Teams get hot too. ACC played a soft schedule, it is what it is.

soft and sort.

shouldn't be an excuse though

Rex54
That won't help us get calls the rest of the game....

FISHDAWG
Stolen bases have killed us tonight... take away those and we still in it

the_real_MSU_is_us
06-22-2021, 08:05 PM
Lane Foambat

Oh come on he's a Fr. Only reason he's playing is because James can't handle the pressure of SS and Jordan bitch quit the team when he didn't get his way for 5 seconds. Give him slack, not his fault he was pressed prematurely into service

maroonmania
We celebrated winning one game and now got our asses whipped. Sounds familiar in every sport. We can't handle success.

Seriously guys, if THIS was the baseball team that actually got us the NC would you not be shocked out of your mind? I sure would be.

Rex54
I really hope TA wasn't planning on catching that... gift sac fly.

ScoobaDawg
06-22-2021, 08:06 PM
to the dude in greeen thanks for saving the run.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
Do you think Cohen is catching a nut with all these sac bunts?

ScoobaDawg
Oh come on he's a Fr. Only reason he's playing is because James can't handle the pressure of SS and Jordan bitch quit the team when he didn't get his way for 5 seconds. Give him slack, not his fault he was pressed prematurely into service

what do you expect from those mental midgets who need to make up lame nicknames.. further more steak from another last year.

msstate7
06-22-2021, 08:07 PM
Hey, how bout a 3-hr rain delay?

Activated Alpha
No walks Stinnett

FISHDAWG
MacLeod is the only thing keeping this from a 0-0 duel. Of course, you can't win without a hit, but still

Stolen bases are killing us tonight... without those we might have had a chance

R2Dawg
06-22-2021, 08:08 PM
soft and sort.

shouldn't be an excuse though

There are excuses and there are reasons. I think it is reasons.

CadaverDawg
Stolen bases are killing us tonight... without those we might have had a chance

Maybe, but not with zero hits or runs

ScoobaDawg
Tullar in.

ScoobaDawg
06-22-2021, 08:09 PM
Maybe, but not with zero hits or runs

exactly. any good team should be able to overcome 4 runs over 7 innings,

CadaverDawg
06-22-2021, 08:10 PM
Way too many of these games where our offense just fails to show up. That's on the team leaders.

smootness
06-22-2021, 08:11 PM
There are excuses and there are reasons. I think it is reasons.

No, it's 100% an excuse.

BayouDawg
Hey, how bout a 3-hr rain delay?

Maybe CWS will institute the 10 run rule to put us out of our misery

maroonmania
Well, I guess on the bright side, John Grisham is happy. :(

Saltydog
This may be the most typical MSU thing ever. Have a chance to advance to the finals of your bracket facing a lower seed and getting no hit. Mac with another lousy outing. 1st round pick, my ass. TA striking out multiple times and doesn't have one hit in the CWS. Logan Tanner making bad throws and can't catch a pitch. Now, it's starting to rain. When it rains, it poors. Texas will exact their revenge on us and it won't be pretty.

lastmajordog
06-22-2021, 08:12 PM
it's like watching an auburn football game.. At least with Cam?s financial genius dad the DOGS had a chance to win....

Jacknut
Their pitcher did good, Mac shit the bed is the story of this game so far.

CadaverDawg
This may be the most typical MSU thing ever. Have a chance to advance to the finals of your bracket facing a lower seed and getting no hit. Mac with another lousy outing. 1st round pick, my ass. TA striking out multiple times and doesn't have one hit in the CWS. Logan Tanner making bad throws and can't catch a pitch. Now, it's starting to rain. When it rains, it poors. Texas will exact their revenge on us and it won't be pretty.

Pretty spot on. We are MSU

the_real_MSU_is_us
I have no problem wit the teams' mental makeup, I'm shocked y'all are acting like giving up is common for them. You sure weren't calling them mental midgets when they were shelling ND in do or die game 3.

Look a the team: We have 2 elite hitters, a couple mediocre hitters, and some holes. Defensively we have 1 plus defender on the field in Tanner. Had to get Hancock his first ever time at 1B, and play a true Fr at SS because the older guys couldn't handle it. on the mound our "ace" hasn't had an "ace" game till Sunday, our 2nd starter is trash, and we have ONE reliever you can count on.

So, how did this team get to Omaha? It sure wasn't by being "mental midgets", it was by being tough as hell and playing above our on paper abilities. The coaching staff (mostly Foxhaul for not developing his plethora of 94+ arms) that are to blame.

ScoobaDawg
finally. a bunt that didnt work. popped up. tanner easily handles it. 2 away.