ScoobaDawg
02-07-2019, 02:33 AM
And one more. Reserved.

ScoobaDawg
02-07-2019, 03:28 AM
nm

Pit Bull
02-07-2019, 06:09 AM
I dont keep up with recruiting like most here do and I had never heard of Will Rogers. Looking at his film, he is certainly a pro style passer. Very nice touch on deep balls. And decently strong arm on intermediate routes. Looked like he only ran mostly near goal line. Doesn't look real fast, but fast enough to pick up first downs when needed. I do like his quick release....not a big wind up like Tyler Russell had. That will be important when you only have 2-3 seconds against a BAMA rush. He will require good OL protection, IMO, as he doesn't look like scrambler able to avoid vicious defensive rushes. Looks like a good pickup to me. What does everyone else know about him that have seen him play a lot?

Irondawg
02-07-2019, 08:23 AM
I dont keep up with recruiting like most here do and I had never heard of Will Rogers. Looking at his film, he is certainly a pro style passer. Very nice touch on deep balls. And decently strong arm on intermediate routes. Looked like he only ran mostly near goal line. Doesn't look real fast, but fast enough to pick up first downs when needed. I do like his quick release....not a big wind up like Tyler Russell had. That will be important when you only have 2-3 seconds against a BAMA rush. He will require good OL protection, IMO, as he doesn't look like scrambler able to avoid vicious defensive rushes. Looks like a good pickup to me. What does everyone else know about him that have seen him play a lot?

My thought on Rogers is to wait and see what happens if/when OM offers him. It's also still probably a 2 QB class regardless of if he sticks or not

somebodyshotmypaw
02-07-2019, 08:28 AM
I believe Montra Edwards is at the school where Coach34 now coaches. Is that correct?

Is E. Jai Mason the wideout that was at Jackson Academy? Maybe he transferred to Clinton?

MetEdDawg
02-07-2019, 08:46 AM
E Jai Mason is a 4 star according to 24/7.

On the QB front, we are going to go hard at Ashford. I've seen him play a bunch of times and he's got dual sport potential. I've called pitches against that kid and even though he's a raw baseball player he's got a ton of talent.

Kid is a good QB that needs polishing, but he's a dang good athlete. We've got one really big thing working for us with him. Auburn and Alabama have their QBs of the future that will be there for the next 4 years. Ashford probably isn't going to go in state because of that, so we have a decent chance to make some in roads with him.

Cary Hudson's little bro
02-07-2019, 08:46 AM
I believe Montra Edwards is at the school where Coach34 now coaches. Is that correct?

Is E. Jai Mason the wideout that was at Jackson Academy? Maybe he transferred to Clinton?

Correct on both.

hacker
02-07-2019, 08:50 AM
So we've already got 4 WRs committed and likely will add another in Malik Heath.

Cary Hudson's little bro
02-07-2019, 08:53 AM
Paul has said to look out for QB Malik Hornsby (https://247sports.com/Player/Malik-Hornsby-46037405/)in the past. A&M CB's from last summer. We're 3rd for Robby Ashford (https://247sports.com/player/robby-ashford-46043143/)

Paul has said repeatedly that we're signing 2 QB's this year - I don't get the logic behind that. 1 per year makes a lot more sense in today's world...

Ty Keyes (https://247sports.com/player/ty-keyes-46050925/)is a 2021 QB top target. He'll be 6-3 200 by senior year.

Cary Hudson's little bro
02-07-2019, 08:56 AM
So we've already got 4 WRs committed and likely will add another in Malik Heath.

But none of them are true X WR. Heath could be that guy. Patterson may not make it to campus.

msstate7
02-07-2019, 09:04 AM
Griffin is a home town guy. I'll watch him a lot this year. He can fly

Cooterpoot
02-07-2019, 09:12 AM

On the QB front, we are going to go hard at Ashford. I've seen him play a bunch of times and he's got dual sport potential. I've called pitches against that kid and even though he's a raw baseball player he's got a ton of talent.

Kid is a good QB that needs polishing, but he's a dang good athlete. We've got one really big thing working for us with him. Auburn and Alabama have their QBs of the future that will be there for the next 4 years. Ashford probably isn't going to go in state because of that, so we have a decent chance to make some in roads with him.

Ashford is likely AU bound.

sscjr1
02-07-2019, 09:21 AM
Can we please just take Chris Tyree off of the list? If we follow the pattern from last year, we'll chase him all the way to the end and lose a 4* that wanted to be here in the process.

ShotgunDawg
02-07-2019, 09:23 AM

We just don't seem to be getting much traction in Alabama right now.

The Mississippi kids appear to be way more interested in Alabama schools than vice versa

hacker
02-07-2019, 09:30 AM

The Mississippi kids appear to be way more interested in Alabama schools than vice versa

Wouldn't you be?

Cooterpoot
02-07-2019, 09:33 AM
Can we please just take Chris Tyree off of the list? If we follow the pattern from last year, we'll chase him all the way to the end and lose a 4* that wanted to be here in the process.

He's gone anyway. He was Huff's guy.

I seen it dawg
02-07-2019, 09:34 AM
Theres the negative train. Does it have to be in every. Single. ****ing. Thread?

msstate7
02-07-2019, 09:40 AM
Theres the negative train. Does it have to be in every. Single. ****ing. Thread?

I'd rather honesty than someone selling us dreams

Cooterpoot
02-07-2019, 09:42 AM

I can lie to you if you want me to. Just telling you guys the truth. Keyes in 2021 is heavy our way. There?s your positive.

NCDawg
02-07-2019, 09:42 AM

Figures. After yesterday, I'm sick of recruiting.

Cooterpoot
02-07-2019, 09:44 AM
Figures. After yesterday, I'm sick of recruiting.

If that staff turns over, maybe we get some kind of shot. But he’s known to be an AU lean.

ShotgunDawg
02-07-2019, 10:44 AM

What's negative about discussing a real, actual trend in our recruiting right now?

Don't you figure it's important to have a presence in Alabama since they are in our recruiting foot print and Mississippi doesn't produce 25 SEC caliber players?

Under Mullen and with Collins, we got good players out of Bama. Benny, DeRunnya, Errol, Mixon, etc but we don't seem to have as much traction there right now and I'm not sure why.

Not being negative. Just bringing up worthy topics.

MetEdDawg
02-07-2019, 10:47 AM

If he does that he will never play. Hoover has connections to Auburn but those proved meaningless with Pickens yesterday.

Nix is their QB for the next 4 years. Ashford never plays if he goes there.

Irondawg
02-07-2019, 10:55 AM

Anderson-Butts looks much better at safety in his videos. I'm hopeful that's where we are recruiting him to play

Cooterpoot
02-07-2019, 10:58 AM
If he does that he will never play. Hoover has connections to Auburn but those proved meaningless with Pickens yesterday.

Nix is their QB for the next 4 years. Ashford never plays if he goes there.

Agree but he could play another position. We'll see. He was really on the AU wagon though.

Ari Gold
02-07-2019, 11:13 AM

How bout until the kid takes us off his top 10 or top 5 we leave him on there... the odds we got him with Huff here were less than 50% anyway.. and maybe the kid really likes Coach Richardson . ISID just making a pint that we don’t have to ****ing bitch about everything .. or as you see it Ari Gold said that.

ScoobaDawg
02-07-2019, 11:15 AM

Fixed. thanks

Ari Gold
02-07-2019, 11:16 AM
What's negative about discussing a real, actual trend in our recruiting right now?

Don't you figure it's important to have a presence in Alabama since they are in our recruiting foot print and Mississippi doesn't produce 25 SEC caliber players?

Under Mullen and with Collins, we got good players out of Bama. Benny, DeRunnya, Errol, Mixon, etc but we don't seem to have as much traction there right now and I'm not sure why.

Almost half of this years signing class was from out of state. Which includes 2 Four Star players. Yet we don’t have traction ???

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
02-07-2019, 11:16 AM
How bout until the kid takes us off his top 10 or top 5 we leave him on there... the odds we got him with Huff here were less than 50% anyway.. and maybe the kid really likes Coach Richardson . ISID just making a pint that we don’t have to ****ing bitch about everything .. or as you see it Ari Gold said that.

Has anyone every told you that your posting styles are extremely alike?

Ari Gold
02-07-2019, 11:22 AM
Has anyone every told you that your posting styles are extremely alike?

Why becuse we both like to say **** and very intelligent? I can see that

ShotgunDawg
02-07-2019, 11:33 AM
Almost half of this years signing class was from out of state. Which includes 2 Four Star players. Yet we don’t have traction ???

In ALABAMA it seems as if we don't have as much as we did.

jacksondawg
02-07-2019, 11:38 AM
Could someone post our position needs for this class

ScoobaDawg
02-07-2019, 11:42 AM
Could someone post our position needs for this class

I will tomorrow.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
02-07-2019, 12:06 PM
Why becuse we both like to say **** and very intelligent? I can see that

Uh yeah that’s it....

Dawg-gone-dawgs
02-07-2019, 12:21 PM

^^THIS^^

ScoobaDawg
02-07-2019, 12:24 PM

The honest truth is the sun is going to burn out, the the world will end and you will die.

There's your honesty for the day. Now be thankful for everything else today.

Ari Gold
02-07-2019, 12:26 PM
In ALABAMA it seems as if we don't have as much as we did.

2013- 3
2014-3
2015-7
2016-3
2017-0
2018-3
2019-3

Alabama recruiting the last 7 years. So again how are we losing traction?

I’m not trying to be an ass or pump sunshine 24/7 it’s just some of you need to not just hit the brakes but pull the emergency break with the ****ing negative shit. We get it

Ari Gold
02-07-2019, 12:27 PM
I will tomorrow.

I will try and get a handful of names as well. I’m sure they will all be pipedream prospects... ***

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
02-07-2019, 12:39 PM
I will try and get a handful of names as well. I’m sure they will all be pipedream prospects... ***

So you'll build up our hopes and then tell us I told you so when they don't sign...Hail YES!!!******************************************** ******************************************

Covercorner2
02-07-2019, 12:41 PM

None of those kids had committable offers from AU or Bama, or at least not until it was too late.

Our best chance at a kid from AL is that he is ranked as a high 3 star/low 4 star and AU/Bama don't have room. These kids can turn into great players, like the one's you mentioned earlier, but us grabbing an elite guy out of Bama just isn't gonna happen until we win more and hasn't happened under anyone's watch I can remember. We signed Duncan and Weatherspoon (and almost DJ James) this year. I don't see why this is "news" to you.

Ashford is wanted by virtually every school in the country. He is a top 150 player nationally and top 5 in AL.

It's like you don't understand that Alabama and Auburn are better programs than State.

Turfdawg67
02-07-2019, 12:49 PM

Because UA and AU didn't want those guys.

Doggie_Style
02-07-2019, 12:51 PM
Almost half of this years signing class was from out of state. Which includes 2 Four Star players. Yet we don?t have traction ???

True and over 90% of our signees hail from an area within a 300 mile radius of campus.....proximity is huge

Ari Gold
02-07-2019, 01:05 PM
So you'll build up our hopes and then tell us I told you so when they don't sign...Hail YES!!!******************************************** ******************************************

Yes because that’s exactly what I do..

NCDawg
02-07-2019, 01:50 PM

Like when quite a few people on this board were saying-no way Ealy signs with Ole Miss.

Cooterpoot
02-07-2019, 03:46 PM
True and over 90% of our signees hail from an area within a 300 mile radius of campus.....proximity is huge

Smallest recruiting footprint in America.

ShotgunDawg
02-07-2019, 03:49 PM
Smallest recruiting footprint in America.

We're like Poland in WW2. The two greatest European European power on our West & Eastern boarders

msu15
02-07-2019, 03:58 PM
We're like Poland in WW2. The two greatest European European power on our West & Eastern boarders

Nice analogy! So damn true!

ScoobaDawg
02-07-2019, 04:01 PM
So now that I've looked over some things... whats the early word on McKinnley Jackson?
If there's ever a position we should be able to say... look. come here and we can turn you into a monster top 10 first rounder... it's DT.
Of course Bama did just hire Baker away from us damnit...

Ari Gold
02-07-2019, 04:08 PM
So now that I've looked over some things... whats the early word on McKinnley Jackson?
If there's ever a position we should be able to say... look. come here and we can turn you into a monster top 10 first rounder... it's DT.
Of course Bama did just hire Baker away from us damnit...

Need to get him to campus this spring and summer ... and just guessing unless he is a EE expect him to sign in Feb.

Coursesuper
02-07-2019, 04:09 PM
Need to get him to campus this spring and summer ... and just guessing unless he is a EE expect him to sign in Feb.

He’s definitely not an EE.

Ari Gold
02-07-2019, 04:21 PM
He’s definitely not an EE.

Since he isn’t a EE, it probably best that 90% of posters on here need to steer clear of this recruitment ..

ScoobaDawg
02-07-2019, 04:45 PM
Since he isn’t a EE, it probably best that 90% of posters on here need to steer clear of this recruitment ..

I just saw Dylan Lawrence went to school with him. Well. that's something. He was on campus for the TAM game in Oct. Hopefully we can get him back soon.

msu15
02-07-2019, 04:46 PM
I just saw Dylan Lawrence went to school with him. Well. that's something. He was on campus for the TAM game in Oct. Hopefully we can get him back soon.

They're cousins

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
02-07-2019, 04:47 PM

They're first cousins, but it won't matter. He's not coming here.

ScoobaDawg
02-07-2019, 04:51 PM

In no way does that surprise me.
Well.. we will likely know by the Summer.

Moving on..

Ifyouonlyknew
02-07-2019, 04:58 PM
Robby Ashford is likely UGA bound. Look for Brendon Lewis as the 2nd QB. He's probably the top QB target.

ScoobaDawg
02-07-2019, 05:07 PM
Robby Ashford is likely UGA bound. Look for Brendon Lewis as the 2nd QB. He's probably the top QB target.

Check your Pm's please sir.

Cooterpoot
02-07-2019, 05:09 PM

I'd hold up on that. Bama is going to be the one to beat but I'm not ready to say not coming. Lot of Bama pull down there though.

ShotgunDawg
02-07-2019, 05:13 PM
I'd hold up on that. Bama is going to be the one to beat but I'm not ready to say not coming. Lot of Bama pull down there though.

At some point, we have to win our own damn state, if we are going to take the next step as a program.

Cooterpoot
02-07-2019, 05:17 PM
At some point, we have to win our own damn state, if we are going to take the next step as a program.

That southeastern part of the state is a bunch of Bama bandwagoners. It's like the SW part of the state and LSU. Bama has been in down there a lot this year too. Coach is a State guy, so maybe that helps a little.

msstate7
02-07-2019, 05:18 PM

OM is about to crank it up full speed ahead and the blue bloods have gotten a foothold lately. It'll be really hard to take enough of the state's top talent to take next step. I think concentrating on assistants that are really good developers is the way to go and RS, RS, RS. Offset talent with technique and experience

BuckyIsAB****
02-07-2019, 05:19 PM
My thought on Rogers is to wait and see what happens if/when OM offers him. It's also still probably a 2 QB class regardless of if he sticks or not

If OM offered him today he'd tell them to piss off

BuckyIsAB****
02-07-2019, 05:20 PM

Best QB in the state for 2020. As good as he is on the field he has better intangibles. Great leader and great kid. But will take no shit from anyone.

BuckyIsAB****
02-07-2019, 05:21 PM

We just signed several kids from Bama. And have done well there in the past.

Ifyouonlyknew
02-07-2019, 05:32 PM
Check your Pm's please sir.

Just responded

BuckyIsAB****
02-07-2019, 05:37 PM
OM is about to crank it up full speed ahead and the blue bloods have gotten a foothold lately. It'll be really hard to take enough of the state's top talent to take next step. I think concentrating on assistants that are really good developers is the way to go and RS, RS, RS. Offset talent with technique and experience

This is the best recruiting staff we have ever put together. All we need to do is get Pat Austin back to top it off if we dont he may end up working for the enemy

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
02-07-2019, 05:40 PM
This is the best recruiting staff we have ever put together. All we need to do is get Pat Austin back to top it off if we dont he may end up working for the enemy

I keep hearing that, but what are we exposing ourselves to? He left rather quietly and under the table, seemed to be fishy.

BuckyIsAB****
02-07-2019, 05:42 PM
UR DUAL QB - Jaden Walley (https://247sports.com/player/jaden-walley-46053896/) - 6'0, 170 - D'Iberville HS - Biloxi, MS

We didnt offer Walley as a QB. He also has a brother at Diberville that we also offered. Both are ATH's

ScoobaDawg
02-07-2019, 06:21 PM
2013- 3
2014-3
2015-7
2016-3
2017-0
2018-3
2019-3

Alabama recruiting the last 7 years. So again how are we losing traction?

I?m not trying to be an ass or pump sunshine 24/7 it?s just some of you need to not just hit the brakes but pull the emergency break with the ****ing negative shit. We get it
THANK YOU... I was going to work on that next... I didn't feel we took a dip in Bama recruiting at all. Some people just want to see the world burn it looks like and don't care for facts.

Ifyouonlyknew
02-07-2019, 06:25 PM
We didnt offer Walley as a QB. He also has a brother at Diberville that we also offered. Both are ATH's

Yep Jaden is a 2020 kid & his brother is 2021. The 2020 instate class is deeper than people 1st projected. It's nowhere the star power of 2019 but it's going to be good.

ScoobaDawg
02-07-2019, 06:36 PM

Alright, I will move him around.. only going by what's listed as position on 24/7 or told by others.

Ari Gold
02-07-2019, 07:36 PM
Yep Jaden is a 2020 kid & his brother is 2021. The 2020 instate class is deeper than people 1st projected. It's nowhere the star power of 2019 but it's going to be good.

Yes it will be a lot deeper than most think .. Again this tome last year Charles cross was an unknown basically.. there won’t be that big of a surprise but there will be more and more guys once the summer camps come around

ScoobaDawg
02-07-2019, 07:38 PM
Yes it will be a lot deeper than most think .. Again this tome last year Charles cross was an unknown basically.. there won’t be that big of a surprise but there will be more and more guys once the summer camps come around

When do the unranked usually get ranked. June, July? Not expecting a bunch to jump up to 4 stars or anything.. just wondered.

SilentSteel16
02-07-2019, 07:55 PM
I know this is for 2020 but there is a RB at NWRankin named PJ Lindsay. He needs to be checked out and contacted. I am not a coach or cheerleader for him but I can tell you that kid is going to be special. Write it down.

Ifyouonlyknew
02-07-2019, 07:56 PM
I know this is for 2020 but there is a RB at NWRankin named PJ Lindsay. He needs to be checked out and contacted. I am not a coach or cheerleader for him but I can tell you that kid is going to be special. Write it down.

Coaches know who he is

SilentSteel16
02-07-2019, 07:56 PM
He is 2021 I believe

BuckyIsAB****
02-07-2019, 07:58 PM
I keep hearing that, but what are we exposing ourselves to? He left rather quietly and under the table, seemed to be fishy.

I have no idea what happened Im sure somebody on the board does

BuckyIsAB****
02-07-2019, 08:02 PM
He is 2021 I believe

He had some big games this year for them. Got overshadowed by Jdub and 23 the fast kid who went to USM but he had 13 or so TDs this past year. He is pretty good

Ifyouonlyknew
02-07-2019, 08:10 PM
He is 2021 I believe

He's 2020

Commercecomet24
02-07-2019, 08:11 PM
Jaden Walley played on my travel team a couple years ago. Really good kid.

Ifyouonlyknew
02-07-2019, 08:13 PM
Jaden Walley played on my travel team a couple years ago. Really good kid.

Kid is a great athlete. Future CB or S imo.

Ifyouonlyknew
02-07-2019, 08:16 PM
Kids like Walley, Alex Adams, Emmanuel Forbes, Cameron Threatt, Ahmad Johnson, Grant Jackson, Caleb Offord, Austin Keys are instate kids who are under the radar guys who will blow up over the spring & summer.

BuckyIsAB****
02-07-2019, 08:17 PM
Kids like Walley, Alex Adams, Emmanuel Forbes, Cameron Threatt, Ahmad Johnson, Grant Jackson, Caleb Offord, Austin Keys are instate kids who are under the radar guys who will blow up over the spring & summer.

Zihenryon Perry

Commercecomet24
02-07-2019, 08:18 PM
Kid is a great athlete. Future CB or S imo.

Yes he is. He coulda been a heckuva cf if he wanted to stick with baseball. Quick bat, little pop and can fly. Yeah he can cover some ground and be a heckuva db. Very intelligent young man too and takes coaching well.

Commercecomet24
02-07-2019, 08:19 PM

Yep.

Cooterpoot
02-07-2019, 08:20 PM
There’s a lot of marginal kids this round. They’re going to need big camps and seasons.

ShotgunDawg
02-07-2019, 08:47 PM
I prefer guys blowing up in the Summer rather than being well known beforehand. Since we'll likely find out about it first, it gives us a chance to establish the relationship first.

BuckyIsAB****
02-07-2019, 09:10 PM
There’s a lot of marginal kids this round. They’re going to need big camps and seasons.

Zi will blow the camps up. 6'2 240 runs a 4.6

Coursesuper
02-08-2019, 07:52 AM
Yes he is. He coulda been a heckuva cf if he wanted to stick with baseball. Quick bat, little pop and can fly. Yeah he can cover some ground and be a heckuva db. Very intelligent young man too and takes coaching well.

You’re correct that’s a solid evaluation of his baseball talent, he could be very special in CF.

msbulldog
02-08-2019, 08:45 AM

Dylan is his cousin.

DLGDawg
02-08-2019, 09:46 AM
Shotgun...IMO it has to do with the way the negative is presented. Your post below is a good example to me. You?re discussing a topic of importance in a manner that is not ?woe is us?.

Eeyore seems to post here a lot. Example. Oh great. My shoe is still untied. I?ll probably fall again....just like yesterday and the day before.

Instead of that , how about.....Well crap. My shoe is untied. How do I fix that. I think I?ll tie that shoe!

StateDawg44
02-08-2019, 11:50 AM
Shotgun...IMO it has to do with the way the negative is presented. Your post below is a good example to me. You?re discussing a topic of importance in a manner that is not ?woe is us?.

Eeyore seems to post here a lot. Example. Oh great. My shoe is still untied. I?ll probably fall again....just like yesterday and the day before.

Instead of that , how about.....Well crap. My shoe is untied. How do I fix that. I think I?ll tie that shoe!

To his credit he does ask how to fix particular things. He also posts just as many that are whiny and like you said "woe is us". As if we are just entitled to whatever we like or we are a blue blood all of a sudden and how it just isn't fair. Yeah it's not a level playing field. This isn't necessarily new. Nobody likes it.

But a lot of it is just as much in mine and your control as it is his. So his frustration and whininess is just misdirected. Sounding off and arguing meaningless points on ED and casting shade upon MSU as he does it intentionally or not, is his schtick even if he doesn't realize it's a schtick.

ShotgunDawg
02-08-2019, 12:18 PM
To his credit he does ask how to fix particular things. He also posts just as many that are whiny and like you said "woe is us". As if we are just entitled to whatever we like or we are a blue blood all of a sudden and how it just isn't fair. Yeah it's not a level playing field. This isn't necessarily new. Nobody likes it.

But a lot of it is just as much in mine and your control as it is his. So his frustration and whininess is just misdirected. Sounding off and arguing meaningless points on ED and casting shade upon MSU as he does it intentionally or not, is his schtick even if he doesn't realize it's a schtick.

I don't cast shade on MSU. Quite the opposite really. I believe MSU is capable of much greater than what we've traditionally achieved. It's the sunshine pumpers that are IMO the most negative. They're the ones that believe in be limits of MSU and thus want everyone to just be satisfied with mediocrity

BuckyIsAB****
02-08-2019, 12:21 PM
At least the thread made it 5 pages of recruiting talk before it went down the rabbit hole

ScoobaDawg
02-08-2019, 12:32 PM
At least the thread made it 5 pages of recruiting talk before it went down the rabbit hole

I'm gonna do my best to keep it on topic this year.. Oh darn it might not hit 400 pages again though ***

ScoobaDawg
02-08-2019, 12:33 PM
I guess we are behind and slacking because we haven't gotten any commits in the last 2 days...

msbulldog
02-08-2019, 05:51 PM
I'm gonna do my best to keep it on topic this year.. Oh darn it might not hit 400 pages again though ***

Thanks! +1

Goldendawg
02-08-2019, 10:20 PM
Just let me know the real (from my friend's wife's hairdresser who is a connected State fan) inside, no flip, hardcore committed info about a month before the Dec. '19 signing day and I'll be good. Last post here until then. Hail State!

ScoobaDawg
02-09-2019, 08:46 AM
Just let me know the real (from my friend's wife's hairdresser who is a connected State fan) inside, no flip, hardcore committed info about a month before the Dec. '19 signing day and I'll be good. Last post here until then. Hail State!

I'll let you know right now who will sign with us for $9.95

Bodawg
02-09-2019, 04:08 PM
Is that you Rosebowl?

Lumpy Chucklelips
02-10-2019, 10:56 AM
A state that I wish we would spend some time in is Georgia. I know everybody recruits there, but if we could pull 2 a year it would be good. Georgia signed 5 of the top 40 or something like that. I’m trying to remember the assistant coach we had who recruited the hell out of Georgia every year. We got some of our best players from there for a while.

vv83
02-10-2019, 12:34 PM
Who did we just get?

dantheman4248
02-10-2019, 12:48 PM
Who did we just get?

If it isn’t McKinnley Jackson then we should fire Moorhead. /s

Doggie_Style
02-10-2019, 12:58 PM
If it isn?t McKinnley Jackson then we should fire Moorhead. /s

or Crris Tyree, not one of those two he gone***

Doggie_Style
02-10-2019, 01:02 PM
Who did we just get?

If I had to guess Mailk Heath

ShotgunDawg
02-10-2019, 01:04 PM
Javon Banks

Ifyouonlyknew
02-10-2019, 01:15 PM
https://www.hudl.com/video/3/9818409/5bb5660edfd8c516e037bf70

Banks Jr Highlights

ShotgunDawg
02-10-2019, 01:17 PM

Banks Jr Highlights

What's your evaluation?

Does he remind you of anyone and does he help with the other big time Olive Branch kid?

ShotgunDawg
02-10-2019, 01:20 PM
Size and weight look similar to Errol

msbulldog
02-10-2019, 01:30 PM
Real good foot speed and play recognition.

Ifyouonlyknew
02-10-2019, 01:34 PM
Size and weight look similar to Errol

He's the closest comparison. Not quite the thumper but he's longer & taller than Erroll. Comes from an athletic family his brother plays at Louisville. Very solid get. He is close to Xavier Hill & Cameron Threatt.

msbulldog
02-10-2019, 01:41 PM
no wonder I couldn't find him, I spelled his name Javon like Gun. 6'2" 235 #649 nationally 54 by position #10 in-state, Great pick-up.

chef dixon
02-10-2019, 01:54 PM
Seems like a kid that could get some more hype in the next year

bulldawg28
02-10-2019, 03:00 PM
Here’s another 2019 potential....I suppose you could call it that. Mixon may not leave after all. Thinking about staying now.

Great news if true. In the slot he's a threat every play. Wasn't there word Couch was coming back as well?

msbulldog
02-10-2019, 03:22 PM
Couch is enrolled at ETSU!

ShotgunDawg
02-10-2019, 03:35 PM
Another commit.

Can't wait for Moorhead to fill out the class by March & then we don't get another commit for 6 months*

BrunswickDawg
02-10-2019, 03:35 PM
Moorhead just rang the bell again - 2nd time today. Who is it?

Cooterpoot
02-10-2019, 03:37 PM
Jo going to get tennis elbow.

Ifyouonlyknew
02-10-2019, 03:38 PM
The Javeious Purvis of this class.

Big4Dawg
02-10-2019, 03:49 PM

Is it Edwards?

Ifyouonlyknew
02-10-2019, 04:07 PM
https://twitter.com/emmanuelforbes7/status/1094702689320087553

https://www.hudl.com/video/3/9785367/5bdf31125cb42e04d83e0a2b

ZedFedder
02-10-2019, 04:09 PM
Never upset about a Grenada kid. They always have great athletes. Don’t want to miss another Genard Avery.

ZedFedder
02-10-2019, 04:14 PM
Very impressed with Joe’s recruiting of this class so far. I think it will be interesting to see what he does with a full recruiting calendar now.

msbulldog
02-10-2019, 04:23 PM
We have jumped from 23rd to 19th in 247 composite today. And that is with only 4 of our 8 total recruits currently ranked.

msstate7
02-10-2019, 04:30 PM
Definetely like the start to this class. Speaking of good starts to 2020, check out LSU... they 9 commits (8 4-star, 1 5-star). Of the 9, 5 are OOS including the 5-star. O doing work

ShotgunDawg
02-10-2019, 04:33 PM
We have jumped from 23rd to 19th in 247 composite today. And that is with only 4 of our 8 total recruits currently ranked.

I'll bet you $200 we finish between 18th-26th in the recruiting rankings.

Not need to even keep up with them after this year. We already know the outcome.

We'll put together a solid, 8-4 type class & whether or not we finish 18th or 26th will depend on one player. This year it was Charles Moore & next year it'll be someone else

ShotgunDawg
02-10-2019, 04:36 PM

Banks Jr Highlights

Chauncey Rivers 2.0

msbulldog
02-10-2019, 04:47 PM

Not need to even keep up with them after this year. We already know the outcome.

We'll put together a solid, 8-4 type class & whether or not we finish 18th or 26th will depend on one player. This year it was Charles Moore & next year it'll be someone else

No bet Gun, that's the range of our recent historical average. Maybe we will come out on the on the good end of players that go down to the last minute. Moore this year was an anomaly, we have been on the good end recently note:
Cris Jones
J. Simmons
Lovett.

SmokeyDawg
02-10-2019, 04:48 PM
Zihenryon Perry

Impressive tape on Perry. He and Banks would make a great LB duo for this class

Cooterpoot
02-10-2019, 04:59 PM
Lotta LBs going to get looks instate.

Bdawg
02-10-2019, 05:23 PM

Hopefully our staff stays intact and we have some continuity there and Joe can stay focused on recruits instead of replacing coaches while coming down the stretch. If Shoop has another good year I will be fearful of keeping him. Cohen better step up. Also hope our new coaches are good at coaching because right now they are mostly touted as recruiters.

KOdawg1
02-10-2019, 06:34 PM
Glad we're starting strong but as we saw last week, it's not how you start. It's how you finish.

Todd4State
02-10-2019, 07:47 PM

More like our Cam Dantzler.

Hopefully our staff stays intact and we have some continuity there and Joe can stay focused on recruits instead of replacing coaches while coming down the stretch. If Shoop has another good year I will be fearful of keeping him. Cohen better step up. Also hope our new coaches are good at coaching because right now they are mostly touted as recruiters.

I think this had very little to do with our last class. What we should have done is focus more on in state prospects instead of chasing out of state 3 stars waiting for their in state schools to offer. And based on this current class it looks like we are doing just that. The biggest thing that hurt our ranking IMO was Charles Moore flaking out. At least from a recruiting rankings standpoint.

Ifyouonlyknew
02-10-2019, 08:04 PM
More like our Cam Dantzler

I was speaking in terms of being underrated not position.

bulldawg28
02-10-2019, 08:16 PM
Couch is enrolled at ETSU!

Thanks for the info

Dawg-gone-dawgs
02-11-2019, 09:35 AM
Glad we're starting strong but as we saw last week, it's not how you start. It's how you finish.

exactly! I don't see how any of you can get excited about a recruit anymore.

Cooterpoot
02-11-2019, 09:37 AM

None of the guys that jumped ship were instate guys except Moore, and we know the issues there.

msu15
02-11-2019, 09:45 AM

I bet you're a riot at parties.

Ifyouonlyknew
02-11-2019, 10:47 AM

If that's the case isnt it better just to show up in December & February & see who signed? If you can't get excited about a recruit seems the logical thing would be not to follow recruiting until the names are on the papers.

msu15
02-11-2019, 10:49 AM
If that's the case isnt it better just to show up in December & February & see who signed? If you can't get excited about a recruit seems the logical thing would be not to follow recruiting until the names are on the papers.

+1

ShotgunDawg
02-11-2019, 11:16 AM
Our program is heading in the right direction, although it feels painfully slow.

We tend to only look at one year of recruiting data, but the truth is that our recruiting has become much more consistent. We used to have wide swings from 40th in recruiting to 18th, but now we've really settled into the top 25 of recruiting year in & year out.

What does that lead to?

By my count we lose 4 4+ star recruits off the 2018 roster, but bring in 6 more, according to 247

Thus, on paper we will have 24 4 & 5 star recruits on the roster next year, which will be a record for MSU since such records have existed.

We may not have Bama talent, but we are slowly adding enough talent to the roster to believe that with continued growth, at some point in the next 5-10 years, we'll have a team where mostly only 4 & 5 star recruits play in the game.

Think about it.

1bigdawg
02-11-2019, 01:12 PM
Am I lost? I was looking for the 2020 Football Recruit Thread....

msstate7
02-11-2019, 01:13 PM
Am I lost? I was looking for the 2020 Football Recruit Thread....

Page 10

Johnson85
02-11-2019, 01:54 PM
*Cam Dantzler is our worst rated DB by far (.8365) which shows how little this probably matters.

^^^THIS^^^

At a certain, general level, recruiting ranks matters. Overt time, teams tend to be something like what their recruiting rankings say, but there is a lot of uncertainty. We took Calhoun with a last second scholly offer. Can't remember the Bama DB (maybe something like Arenas?) that Saban took at the last second that Croom wouldn't even offer. Nick James was a specimen that Mullen said was on par with Tebow and Percy Harvin (I think those were the two) as far as just freak athletic ability. It's pretty safe to say Bama kicked our ass in recruiting. You can't say with any certainty who did better between us, Arky, and Ole Miss. I'm not even sure I'd bet money that Auburn out recruited us. People just don't know shit outside of a few can't misses.

ScoobaDawg
02-11-2019, 03:05 PM
Guys, I'm about to clean this thread up... we got 2 commits this weekend..discuss those or new targets.. and leave the bashing of last years crap to another place. I'm about to break out some posts to a different thread..

Todd4State
02-11-2019, 10:31 PM
I was speaking in terms of being underrated not position.

I think you could say that Dantzler was underrated as well.

yjnkdawg
02-12-2019, 09:38 AM
Guys, I'm about to clean this thread up... we got 2 commits this weekend..discuss those or new targets.. and leave the bashing of last years crap to another place. I'm about to break out some posts to a different thread..

Thanks Scooba

Irondawg
02-12-2019, 12:17 PM
Alright, so somebody summarize the commits we got this past weekend and how we feel about their potential. I don't know anything about either of them.

SheltonChoked
02-12-2019, 04:05 PM
What are our needs for 2020?

WR?
OL?
RB?
LB?
CB?

Ifyouonlyknew
02-12-2019, 04:23 PM
Alright, so somebody summarize the commits we got this past weekend and how we feel about their potential. I don't know anything about either of them.

Jevon Banks is a Big LB could play MLB or OLB or he could continue to grow & play DE. He's a very solid player & he's also tight with Xavier Hill & Cameron Threatt, 2 guys we're on very hard. His brother was a P5 prospect (currently at Louisville) so his family has been through the recruitment process before. The family also has a high opinion of MSU. His sister graduated from MSU.

Emmanuel Forbes is a kid I really like. He's just an athlete & playmaker. We're recruiting him as a CB & he's built pretty much exactly like Cam Dantzler was coming out of HS. He has an extremely high ceiling. This whole recruiting scene is new to him so we'll have to hold on when other offers start coming in. I'd always rather try to hold on to a kid than chasing or trying to flip.

Ifyouonlyknew
02-12-2019, 04:24 PM
What are our needs for 2020?

WR?
OL?
RB?
LB?
CB?

RB
LB
WR

Are the Top 3 imo. CB could become a bigger need if Dantzler has a breakout year good enough to leave early.

ScoobaDawg
02-12-2019, 04:46 PM
Jevon Banks is a Big LB could play MLB or OLB or he could continue to grow & play DE. He's a very solid player & he's also tight with Xavier Hill & Cameron Threatt, 2 guys we're on very hard. His brother was a P5 prospect (currently at Louisville) so his family has been through the recruitment process before. The family also has a high opinion of MSU. His sister graduated from MSU.

Emmanuel Forbes is a kid I really like. He's just an athlete & playmaker. We're recruiting him as a CB & he's built pretty much exactly like Cam Dantzler was coming out of HS. He has an extremely high ceiling. This whole recruiting scene is new to him so we'll have to hold on when other offers start coming in. I'd always rather try to hold on to a kid than chasing or trying to flip.

Thanks Coach.. good stuff. Where do I send the $9.95

Ifyouonlyknew
02-12-2019, 04:51 PM
Thanks Coach.. good stuff. Where do I send the $9.95

Send it to the Seal they know where all money goes.

ScoobaDawg
02-12-2019, 04:54 PM
Send it to the Seal they know where all money goes.

https://media.giphy.com/media/d0HZQ47wnCovu/giphy.gif

Irondawg
02-12-2019, 04:55 PM
RB seems like a huge need for this class. I'm not sure if Witherspoon has the needed wiggle or vision - right now I see Fred Reid 2.0 but we'll find out soon enough.

BuckyIsAB****
02-12-2019, 06:08 PM
I think Selmon could play CB if needed

Ifyouonlyknew
02-12-2019, 08:45 PM
I think Selmon could play CB if needed

That's what we're recruiting him at.

Todd4State
02-12-2019, 09:44 PM
RB
LB
WR

Are the Top 3 imo. CB could become a bigger need if Dantzler has a breakout year good enough to leave early.

I agree. I like that we have E. Jai Mason and Tulu committed already. And there appear to be a lot of LB's in state that like us. Looks like we'll have to go out of state unless the Mississippi version of Lee Witherspoon emerges this year.

Todd4State
02-12-2019, 09:45 PM
RB seems like a huge need for this class. I'm not sure if Witherspoon has the needed wiggle or vision - right now I see Fred Reid 2.0 but we'll find out soon enough.

I think Witherspoon is a huge steal and should have been a four star recruit. He reminds me of Vick Ballard.

BuckyIsAB****
02-12-2019, 09:58 PM
I think Witherspoon is a huge steal and should have been a four star recruit. He reminds me of Vick Ballard.

Hes not near as thick or as polished as Vick was when he got here but he is faster. Idk if he can catch or not but he would be a weapon out of the backfield if he can

BuckyIsAB****
02-12-2019, 10:00 PM
Dillon Johnson from St Joseph could play CB too

vv83
02-12-2019, 10:06 PM
I agree. I like that we have E. Jai Mason and Tulu committed already. And there appear to be a lot of LB's in state that like us. Looks like we'll have to go out of state unless the Mississippi version of Lee Witherspoon emerges this year.

Damn I just looked, I know it’s early but the top 18 players in the state and no RBs. Who are our targets this year?

BuckyIsAB****
02-12-2019, 10:13 PM
Damn I just looked, I know it’s early but the top 18 players in the state and no RBs. Who are our targets this year?

Idk how high he is on our board but Kenyatta Harrell from Pearl is a good back

Todd4State
02-12-2019, 10:38 PM
Hes not near as thick or as polished as Vick was when he got here but he is faster. Idk if he can catch or not but he would be a weapon out of the backfield if he can

I agree and of course Vick was a junior when he got here. I expect Witherspoon to redshirt and bulk up and play at 210-215 by the time 2020 is here.

I know Huff was going after some out of state 4-5 star guys but with our new coach I'm not sure who are targets are.

Ideally for us there would be a Kylin Hill-esque type talent in the 2020 class in the state of Mississippi but I don't know of anyone that fits that profile.

Bothrops
02-12-2019, 11:36 PM
I agree and of course Vick was a junior when he got here. I expect Witherspoon to redshirt and bulk up and play at 210-215 by the time 2020 is here.

I know Huff was going after some out of state 4-5 star guys but with our new coach I'm not sure who are targets are.

Ideally for us there would be a Kylin Hill-esque type talent in the 2020 class in the state of Mississippi but I don't know of anyone that fits that profile.

Turn to Louisiana and go after the best RB over there that LSU doesn't offer.

msstate7
02-13-2019, 12:10 AM

Can griffin play RB? He plays it as philly, but obviously it's a step up

ScoobaDawg
02-13-2019, 12:14 AM

There are 5 on the first post... another 10 or so can be found here. As mentioned a lot of these were recruited by Huff so have to see what falls out there...
https://247sports.com/college/mississippi-state/Season/2020-Football/Offers/?PositionGroup=BACK

Ifyouonlyknew
02-13-2019, 12:22 AM
Can griffin play RB? He plays it as philly, but obviously it's a step up

He's not a RB & he plays More of a wing back in certain sets.

ScoobaDawg
02-13-2019, 12:25 AM
just saw on twitter. new offer to Dee Beck. 4* (top 300) Ath out of Florence HS in Florence, AL... we have had some luck there before if I'm remembering right...

Anyone know anything about him?

https://247sports.com/Player/Damarcus-Beckwith-46079801/

BuckyIsAB****
02-13-2019, 11:35 AM
just saw on twitter. new offer to Dee Beck. 4* (top 300) Ath out of Florence HS in Florence, AL... we have had some luck there before if I'm remembering right...

Anyone know anything about him?

https://247sports.com/Player/Damarcus-Beckwith-46079801/

He plays QB at Florence I know we arent recruiting him as one

Johnson85
02-13-2019, 11:58 AM

From 5'10 180 to 5'10 210? I haven't seen his build but that seems to be asking a lot.

Ifyouonlyknew
02-13-2019, 12:16 PM
From 5'10 180 to 5'10 210? I haven't seen his build but that seems to be asking a lot.

He's 190lbs now the goal is to be 200 by this summer

Commercecomet24
02-13-2019, 12:27 PM

Yeah I don't think getting him to 200-205 is out of the question.

msstate7
02-13-2019, 12:33 PM
You guys realize Witherspoon isn't 2020, right? Cut and paste in this thread requested

I'm joking BTW

Commercecomet24
02-13-2019, 01:04 PM
You guys realize Witherspoon isn't 2020, right? Cut and paste in this thread requested

I'm joking BTW

Ooops, you're right, my bad.

Doggie_Style
02-13-2019, 01:07 PM
He's not a RB & he plays More of a wing back in certain sets.

It's hard to believe there is not a 2020 3* RB in the state of Mississippi....we looking at a similar situation to 2019 as far as having to go the Juco route and/or find project guy like Witherspoon.

Ifyouonlyknew
02-13-2019, 01:10 PM
It's hard to believe there is not a 2020 3* RB in the state of Mississippi....we looking at a similar situation to 2019 as far as having to go the Juco route and/or find project guy like Witherspoon.

We're on guys who may not be 5* kids but have SEC offers already even if they're 3* kids. Not similar to Witherspoon.

msstate7
02-13-2019, 01:12 PM
Ooops, you're right, my bad.

You know I don't care. We can talk about the weather in New Jersey in this thread and I won't care haha

Doggie_Style
02-13-2019, 01:13 PM
We're on guys who may not be 5* kids but have SEC offers already even if they're 3* kids. Not similar to Witherspoon.

cool, thanks.....any names we should watch?

Commercecomet24
02-13-2019, 01:15 PM
You know I don't care. We can talk about the weather in New Jersey in this thread and I won't care haha

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to msstate7 again.

Ifyouonlyknew
02-13-2019, 01:26 PM
cool, thanks.....any names we should watch?

Corey Wren, Kimani Vidal, & Kyle Edwards are a few of the guys we're on but haven't offered yet.

Wren is that speed guy that we've been looking at.

Vidal reminds me a lot of Tahj Gray the kid from GA we recruited last year.

Edwards was John Emery backup last season (insert Emery joke here).

I didn't list any guys with offers already because most of their names are already known. None of these guys may end up with offers just saying we're on a long list of guys.

Doggie_Style
02-13-2019, 01:50 PM
Corey Wren, Kimani Vidal, & Kyle Edwards are a few of the guys we're on but haven't offered yet.

Wren is that speed guy that we've been looking at.

Vidal reminds me a lot of Tahj Gray the kid from GA we recruited last year.

Edwards was John Emery backup last season (insert Emery joke here).

I didn't list any guys with offers already because most of their names are already known. None of these guys may end up with offers just saying we're on a long list of guys.

Good lord Cory Wren can absolutely fly....he would need to gain some muscle though......thanks for the info

Ifyouonlyknew
02-13-2019, 04:59 PM
Good lord Cory Wren can absolutely fly....he would need to gain some muscle though......thanks for the info

Yes he can. He's legit fast. A couple instate kids who will get looks are Trey Benson from Greenville St Joe's & Kenyatta Harrell from Pearl.

BuckyIsAB****
02-13-2019, 05:47 PM
Yes he can. He's legit fast. A couple instate kids who will get looks are Trey Benson from Greenville St Joe's & Kenyatta Harrell from Pearl.

Harrell is Josh Robinson's cousin

ScoobaDawg
02-13-2019, 06:03 PM

https://media1.tenor.com/images/df0c278a939fad47298c1c62196be510/tenor.gif

Todd4State
02-13-2019, 08:16 PM
https://media1.tenor.com/images/df0c278a939fad47298c1c62196be510/tenor.gif

We all know how that scene ends.**

And to stay on topic- I can't believe that Kenyatta Harrell is Josh Robinson's cousin.

Johnson85
02-14-2019, 12:46 PM

20lbs seems pretty reasonable. 30 lbs seems like it'd be hard to do at 5'10 without sacrificing some speed agility. But I don't really have anything to base that on other than I would had had trouble putting 30 lbs of muscle on after my senior year of high school without losing speed.

How much weight did Perkins gain when he was here? It seemed to cost him a step by the end although I think he also battled some ankle injuries that might have had more to do with it?

Cooterpoot
02-14-2019, 01:28 PM
The days of big RBs are over as long as Moorhead is here. Unless they're some kind of freak.

hacker
02-14-2019, 03:41 PM
Joe just rang the bell

Ari Gold
02-14-2019, 03:50 PM
Commit coming.. Bell rung
Guessing juco WR Malik Heath

jacksondawg
02-14-2019, 03:55 PM
Could it be 3 star OL Blake Carringer from TN***

Scared_Hitless
02-14-2019, 03:57 PM
I would be Happy to get Malik Heath back in the boat early. Really excited at the possibility of a passing game going forward.

Scared_Hitless
02-14-2019, 03:58 PM
Could it be 3 star OL Blake Carringer from TN***

He is lucky we havent offered immediate 2 star at that point. **

Ifyouonlyknew
02-14-2019, 04:07 PM
Commit coming.. Bell rung
Guessing juco WR Malik Heath

It's not Malik yet.

ScoobaDawg
02-14-2019, 04:08 PM
Will go public at 3:30

Ari Gold
02-14-2019, 04:25 PM
It's not Malik yet.

That’s good news .. MH is a lock to commit ..

Jack Lambert
02-14-2019, 04:31 PM

It's 3:31 you think the CL will have it posted?******

dantheman4248
02-14-2019, 04:31 PM

https://media.giphy.com/media/ToMjGpz81S7usvTIM8w/giphy.gif

Doggie_Style
02-14-2019, 04:48 PM
Joe just rang the bell

Dillon Johnson maybe?

ScoobaDawg
02-14-2019, 05:00 PM
https://media.giphy.com/media/ToMjGpz81S7usvTIM8w/giphy.gif

Hahahaha same... Dangit Paul.

Hambone
02-14-2019, 05:06 PM
Scooba meant pacific time right? Haha

msu15
02-14-2019, 05:24 PM
Alex Adams from South Pike

Ifyouonlyknew
02-14-2019, 05:26 PM
Jr Highlights

https://www.hudl.com/video/3/8036831/5b7c28deff0cbc0f3cfedfb2

Doggie_Style
02-14-2019, 05:29 PM

Are we recruiting him as a WR?

Ifyouonlyknew
02-14-2019, 05:55 PM
Are we recruiting him as a WR?

Yes

chef dixon
02-14-2019, 06:11 PM
About to have a 10 WR class

BuckyIsAB****
02-14-2019, 06:20 PM
We all know how that scene ends.**

And to stay on topic- I can't believe that Kenyatta Harrell is Josh Robinson's cousin.

He is

BuckyIsAB****
02-14-2019, 06:22 PM
Yes

Never seen him play a down but 6'1 175 is a good frame

Ifyouonlyknew
02-14-2019, 06:25 PM
About to have a 10 WR class

4-5

dantheman4248
02-14-2019, 06:43 PM
Juwan Johnson officially to Oregon.

msstate7
02-14-2019, 07:03 PM

Not surprising. Herbert tops what we offer at qb

hacker
02-14-2019, 07:32 PM
4-5

We already have 4 committed, right? Will be 5 with Heath, and that's it?

Ifyouonlyknew
02-14-2019, 07:52 PM
We already have 4 committed, right? Will be 5 with Heath, and that's it?

I expect Malik. Anderson-Butts could play defense. We'll see on Patterson.

HoopsDawg
02-14-2019, 08:21 PM

Another swing and miss.

Cooterpoot
02-14-2019, 08:37 PM
Another swing and miss.

He was locked in on Herbert. Been done for a long time. And honestly, we aren?t missing out on much other than he knows the offense.

Westdawg
02-14-2019, 08:53 PM

When he took his first initial 3-4 steps on video, I thought "what???? are they seeing"....but then I watched some serious glue for hands, and he is deceptively fast, has some fluidity in his hips, cuts hard, and seems to really want the ball.

HoopsDawg
02-14-2019, 09:11 PM
He was locked in on Herbert. Been done for a long time. And honestly, we aren?t missing out on much other than he knows the offense.

Lol, then why did we recruit him.

msstate7
02-14-2019, 09:18 PM
Lol, then why did we recruit him.

Pretty much every one we have missed on is no good to cooter thus no big deal. He's told us all year that we have the worst WRs in college football, but I guess Johnson wouldn't have helped

Irondawg
02-14-2019, 09:48 PM
I expect Malik. Anderson-Butts could play defense. We'll see on Patterson.

On his video he looks like he could be special at safety. Looked decent at WR but better on defense.

Homedawg
02-14-2019, 10:02 PM
Not surprising. Herbert tops what we offer at qb

Convincing a kid from the northeast to come to stk miss is beyond difficult. I said this when he hit the transfer portal and said we weren't getting the guy. We won't get anyone in the transfer portal that makes a difference on a yearly basis. One stray guy might happen but that's it. Just recruit and move on.

HoopsDawg
02-14-2019, 10:15 PM
We won't get anyone in the transfer portal that makes a difference on a yearly basis. One stray guy might happen but that's it. Just recruit and move on.

Depressingly accurate. All these QBs and we can't get a single one to visit the offensive savant.

Cooterpoot
02-14-2019, 10:16 PM
We aren’t trying to recruit a transfer QB

msstate7
02-14-2019, 10:48 PM
We aren?t trying to recruit a transfer QB

I actually like this news. Makes me feel better about Moorhead being able to use key

Bothrops
02-15-2019, 12:54 AM
Convincing a kid from the northeast to come to stk miss is beyond difficult. I said this when he hit the transfer portal and said we weren't getting the guy. We won't get anyone in the transfer portal that makes a difference on a yearly basis. One stray guy might happen but that's it. Just recruit and move on.

Yep, it's become much more difficult for us to get kids from far away places to MSU, since the internet and media have deemed it unstylish, and discount anything from rural America. Home grown Mississippi kids are usually the exception, and a few others here and there.

msbulldog
02-15-2019, 06:34 AM

Hail State! Welcome young man!

BuckyIsAB****
02-15-2019, 08:16 PM
Jevon Banks reminds me of KJ Wright at Olive Branch when he was there.

Forbes is a big long kid reminds me of Jon Banks

And a 6'1 175 frame is pretty solid for a WR. If you cant see that then I cant help you

MetEdDawg
02-15-2019, 10:12 PM
Joquavious Marks doing some tweeting tonight with Will Rogers. Talking about how dangerous they would be together in the same backfield at MSU. He would be that RB we need. Niebuhr CB'd him to us.

https://247sports.com/Player/JoQuavious-Marks-46041108/

--Added tweet - Scooba

Todd4State
02-16-2019, 12:44 AM
I really like what we are doing in state so far. I have a feeling that this class is going to be better than originally expected. And it looks like Jo'Quavious Marks a four star running back is trending towards us as well.

Doggie_Style
02-16-2019, 07:18 AM
I really like what we are doing in state so far. I have a feeling that this class is going to be better than originally expected. And it looks like Jo'Quavious Marks a four star running back is trending towards us as well.

^^^agree with this...what are.you hearing on Marks? Has he been on campus in 2019?

Ifyouonlyknew
02-16-2019, 10:23 AM
^^^agree with this...what are.you hearing on Marks? Has he been on campus in 2019?

He'll be here in the next month. Part of the excitement is coming from his tweet talking about how good he & Will Rogers would look in the MSU backfield. We're doing a really good job with him.

Ari Gold
02-16-2019, 10:24 AM
Charles Cross was an UNKNOWN 3 star this same time last year and look where he ended up. it’s ****ing February.. The coaching staff knows how good and if these cats can play on the next level or not ..
Stop worrying about what the so called experts have them ranked , the fake player profile should tell you all u need to know about that..

And yes we are very much in the game for Marks.. again give Coach Rich some time he has a lot of contacts and relationships built .. Another example of why its a MUST to have a few coaches on the staff that arent Mississippi lifers ..

ScoobaDawg
02-16-2019, 03:45 PM
Alright, damnit guys. Stop ruining this thread. Breaking out.. the crap...ONCE AGAIN

vv83
02-16-2019, 03:55 PM
Alright, damnit guys. Stop ruining this thread. Breaking out.. the crap...ONCE AGAIN

Just leave it alone?

ScoobaDawg
02-16-2019, 03:56 PM
Unless I missed it before. Alex Adams just got ranked.... 3* bumped us back up to #13 for the moment.

ScoobaDawg
02-16-2019, 03:58 PM
Just leave it alone?

Leaving it alone got it locked..and not by me.

This is a thread for discussing football recruiting. and no it doesn't have to always be positive..and it won't always be.

Hambone
02-16-2019, 04:34 PM
I know it is super early, but just for conversational purposes, any names from out of state that have some early buzz? Obviously the RB, but anyone else?

Ifyouonlyknew
02-16-2019, 05:00 PM
I know it is super early, but just for conversational purposes, any names from out of state that have some early buzz? Obviously the RB, but anyone else?

QB - Brendon Lewis (TX)
RB - Jo'Quavious Marks (GA)
TE - Dee Beckwith (AL)
OL - Marcus Henderson (TN)
OL - Ray Curry (TN)
LB - Bryson Eason (TN)
LB - Martavius French (TN)
LB - Edggerin Cooper (LA)
LB - Cam Riley (AL)
CB - Jamie "Greedy" Vance (LA)

These are just a few off the top of my head.

KB21
02-16-2019, 05:30 PM
Unless I missed it before. Alex Adams just got ranked.... 3* bumped us back up to #13 for the moment.

He also just picked up an offer from LSU.

Cooterpoot
02-16-2019, 05:41 PM
But our coaches and IYOK know nothing and he’s not impressive. LOL!
We loading up on WRs and if we pull Marks and Banks we’ve filled our thin spots. DB is getting covered too. Just got to sign them up.

ejdallas322
02-16-2019, 10:02 PM
Xavier Hill, Olive Branch O lineman, just received and offer from Bama

Todd4State
02-16-2019, 11:44 PM
Xavier Hill, Olive Branch O lineman, just received and offer from Bama

So did Janari Dean a safety prospect from South Panola that we have a decent chance of getting.

juice
02-17-2019, 10:31 AM

On 247 he is rated 89. Which is the lowest 4* rating. The composite has him at 87+, I think.

chef dixon
02-17-2019, 11:38 AM
He also just picked up an offer from LSU.

You can?t get an offer from LSU and stay unranked I suppose

Bothrops
02-17-2019, 05:37 PM
You can?t get an offer from LSU and stay unranked I suppose

Thi s is correct.

BuckyIsAB****
02-18-2019, 10:10 AM
Would be nice to sign a plug and play LB bc we are going to need one in 2020

ZedFedder
02-18-2019, 02:10 PM
Saw where Ole Miss got a commit from Brian Buckhaulter. He will be a top player in the 21 class in state.

Ifyouonlyknew
02-18-2019, 02:18 PM
Saw where Ole Miss got a commit from Brian Buckhaulter. He will be a top player in the 21 class in state.

Brandon & it's a long way from over for Brandon.

ZedFedder
02-18-2019, 03:49 PM
Brandon & it's a long way from over for Brandon.

My bad. Thanks.

BuckyIsAB****
02-18-2019, 07:44 PM
After watching and asking around a little bit, Adams is one of the fastest players in the state. He will blow up this summer in 7 on 7