01-09-2018, 12:36 PM
Why does Mullen need that pipeline? Don't Florida recruit itself?**

Florida may recruit itself but danny boy and the country club boys don't lol

Ari Gold
01-09-2018, 12:57 PM
We are fine at Co-Lin

tcdog70
01-10-2018, 02:49 PM
As far as finishing up our 2018 class, if we want who is IMO the best pound for pound player in the state we should offer Tylan Knight from Pearl. Say whatever you want about his size but coaching against him for 4 years and the plays he made, intangibles and with him winning the MVP of the MS/AL game we should give the kid a shot. He would do nothing but help us wherever we put him, he can play D, return kicks, and play RB

remember we [passed on Dylan Bradley and the Jackson kid from Noxubee. they both were all-conference at Southern and Jackson St. They started for 4 years. Dylan was unblockable in Highschool and was the pass rusher we needed at State(plus he is Simmon's brother). Ray Charles could see they were football players--just like this Pearl kid. Hopefully somebody wakes up and gets him on campus--remember Keiffer Mc Gee was a late signee as was Billy Jackson (who everybody said was too small-but He started for us for 4 years.

bostondawg
01-10-2018, 03:02 PM
Caleb Tannor showing us love on Twitter after we offer.

msudawglb
01-10-2018, 04:21 PM
Eddie Smith is visiting us on the 19th. He's going to TN on the 12th, and Arkansas on the 26th.

Bothrops
01-10-2018, 04:50 PM
Eddie Smith is visiting us on the 19th. He's going to TN on the 12th, and Arkansas on the 26th.

Tennessee will get him if they want him. We know how that works.

Ifyouonlyknew
01-10-2018, 05:10 PM
Tennessee will get him if they want him. We know how that works.

I don't agree with that

Cooterpoot
01-10-2018, 05:20 PM
Smith is a heavy State lean IMO.

Really Clark?
01-10-2018, 05:29 PM
remember we [passed on Dylan Bradley and the Jackson kid from Noxubee. they both were all-conference at Southern and Jackson St. They started for 4 years. Dylan was unblockable in Highschool and was the pass rusher we needed at State(plus he is Simmon's brother). Ray Charles could see they were football players--just like this Pearl kid. Hopefully somebody wakes up and gets him on campus--remember Keiffer Mc Gee was a late signee as was Billy Jackson (who everybody said was too small-but He started for us for 4 years.

I can kind of get Dylan, I liked him as well, but you had to understand at the time of his commitment the concern of his size on DL getting blocked by SEC OL 8 weekends a season to consistently hold up in this league or just be somewhat effective consistently. For every Bradley that might have been a contributor in the SEC that are 10 times the number of similar athletes that don’t contribute because they don’t hold up week in week out. But comparing a SWAC player is a stretch.

Ari Gold
01-10-2018, 05:29 PM
Tennessee has better chance at Williams than Smith.

HoopsDawg
01-11-2018, 02:49 PM
Tennessee has better chance at Williams than Smith.

Crap, Smith got a Bama offer today.

Cooterpoot
01-11-2018, 03:15 PM
Keeping him warm.

Irondawg
01-11-2018, 03:56 PM

No beuno but maybe our longer relationship with tbuck will help

jumbo
01-11-2018, 04:20 PM

He's a backup plan for them...hopefully

Bothrops
01-11-2018, 08:56 PM
I sure do hope we get that Garrett Shrader qb out of Charlotte.

https://ww.hudl.com/video/3/5557872/5a0b864ab3d211052413ad74

msstate7
01-11-2018, 09:58 PM

Visits set up for tenn, state, and ark the next 3 weekends. Surely he visits bama one of those weekends. Wonder which one does not get an OV

BuckyIsAB****
01-11-2018, 10:10 PM
I sure do hope we get that Garrett Shrader qb out of Charlotte.

https://ww.hudl.com/video/3/5557872/5a0b864ab3d211052413ad74

Not hating on the kid but DAMN. What league do they play in? That looks like Hartfield vs PCS

YazooDawg23
01-11-2018, 10:17 PM
Not hating on the kid but DAMN. What league do they play in? That looks like Hartfield vs PCS

Don’t go there. There is not a worse level of competition in the country than the MAIS.

Todd4State
01-11-2018, 11:15 PM

What do people expect high school football to look like? 99% of the players aren't D-I prospects and most aren't even JUCO prospects.

preachermatt83
01-11-2018, 11:31 PM

He is one of the best in America and if we get him he will be the best we've ever had.

BuckyIsAB****
01-11-2018, 11:51 PM
What do people expect high school football to look like? 99% of the players aren't D-I prospects and most aren't even JUCO prospects.

Better than that.

BuckyIsAB****
01-11-2018, 11:52 PM
Don’t go there. There is not a worse level of competition in the country than the MAIS.

That looked a lot like MAIS ball to me haha.

This kids team looks like a better JPrep I will give them that

Ifyouonlyknew
01-12-2018, 08:42 AM

Read this story & you will see why they look so much better.

http://usatodayhss.com/2017/former-nfl-stars-on-staff-at-charlotte-christian-n-c-are-changing-lives-joe-jacoby-pete-metzelaars-john-kasay-eugene-robinson-redskins/amp

Commercecomet24
01-12-2018, 09:14 AM
Read this story & you will see why they look so much better.

http://usatodayhss.com/2017/former-nfl-stars-on-staff-at-charlotte-christian-n-c-are-changing-lives-joe-jacoby-pete-metzelaars-john-kasay-eugene-robinson-redskins/amp

And now you know the rest of the story, good day. That?s impressive!

msstate7
01-12-2018, 02:50 PM
3 CBs to Bama for Eddie smith

ShotgunDawg
01-12-2018, 02:55 PM
3 CBs to Bama for Eddie smith

Won’t matter if they don’t have room.

Also, seems like a 3 star CB would be or less quitting football by going to Bama.

Goldendawg
01-12-2018, 03:10 PM
Anyone know who's visiting in the next few weekends? Thanks much.

Irondawg
01-12-2018, 03:18 PM
If we don?t get Brown it stings a little because there is above a 50% chance we get him otherwise and it?s a position of need for us here in this class. We can sell that he?s the only true CB in this class all day long but those rings shine brightly.

Still holding out some slim hope but if they have a spot for him it will be tough

Bothrops
01-12-2018, 03:22 PM

I'll ask CJM. Maybe he's wasting his time.

NCDawg
01-12-2018, 03:58 PM

You know, I hate this type of MS State mentality. If Nick Saban offers a kid a scholarship, we don't stand a chance. This is probably true if our prior lazy recruiting coaching staff were still here, but let's see what our new coaching staff can do before we concede defeat.

Commercecomet24
01-12-2018, 04:32 PM
Won?t matter if they don?t have room.

Also, seems like a 3 star CB would be or less quitting football by going to Bama.

Yeah I agree. Generally Saban DB's are highly rated 4 or 5 star guys.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
01-12-2018, 05:21 PM
Won?t matter if they don?t have room.

Even Nigel Knott is going to get lost. This guy would be essentially just going there to have a chance to be on a championship team.

ShotgunDawg
01-12-2018, 05:27 PM
Even Nigel Knott is going to get lost. This guy would be essentially just going there to have a chance to be on a championship team.

Yeah. Hopefully the kid is advised properly

A roster spot at Bama doesn’t equal being what’s always best for your career

Ifyouonlyknew
01-12-2018, 05:37 PM
Yeah. Hopefully the kid is advised properly

A roster spot at Bama doesn’t equal being what’s always best for your career

Eddie Jackson was a 3*. Ronnie Harrison & Anthony Averett were both low 4*. Levi Wallace was a walk on. Just because he's not a high 4 or 5* doesn't mean he can't play at Bama.

ShotgunDawg
01-12-2018, 06:59 PM
Eddie Jackson was a 3*. Ronnie Harrison & Anthony Averett were both low 4*. Levi Wallace was a walk on. Just because he's not a high 4 or 5* doesn't mean he can't play at Bama.

Ok

TUSK
01-12-2018, 07:15 PM

This is correct... and I'm not sure there is a better place to "develop" as a DB than under Saban...

Additionally, the 2ndary is losing a BUNCH of bodies post 2017 season....

Commercecomet24
01-12-2018, 07:34 PM
Oh yeah I agree that if a kids talented and works hard he could definitely play at bama. However 3* dbs don?t fit Saban recruiting profile. Over the last 4 years bama has signed 14 cb/s, 4-5 Stars, 8-4 Stars, 2-3 Stars.

HoopsDawg
01-12-2018, 07:54 PM
Oh yeah I agree that if a kids talented and works hard he could definitely play at bama. However 3* dbs don?t fit Saban recruiting profile. Over the last 4 years bama has signed 14 cb/s, 4-5 Stars, 8-4 Stars, 2-3 Stars.

True, but I think Smith was misevaluated by the "experts".

bulldawg28
01-12-2018, 08:00 PM
This is correct... and I'm not sure there is a better place to "develop" as a DB than under Saban...

Additionally, the 2ndary is losing a BUNCH of bodies post 2017 season....

Safeties,yes. Corners, no

Commercecomet24
01-12-2018, 08:00 PM
True, but I think Smith was misevaluated by the "experts".

Agree he does look pretty good. Good size and length. I still think he?s a backup plan for Saban though.

TUSK
01-12-2018, 10:26 PM
Safeties,yes. Corners, no

The number of drafted (and high round picks) at CB is actually higher than they are for S... under MDL....

Commercecomet24
01-12-2018, 10:32 PM
The number of drafted (and high round picks) at CB is actually higher than they are for S... under MDL....

Yeah it seems like bama putting 2 corners a year in the league

TUSK
01-12-2018, 10:52 PM
Yeah it seems like bama putting 2 corners a year in the league

LOL... not quite that many, buddy... quick and dirty count (07-18): 12 CBs and 5 S... (2 of the CBs have since changed pos)

bulldawg28
01-12-2018, 11:00 PM

In the last 5 years with the exception of Humphries who are the corners? Bama's corners struggle big-time in the NFL

Commercecomet24
01-12-2018, 11:02 PM
LOL... not quite that many, buddy... quick and dirty count (07-18): 12 CBs and 5 S... (2 of the CBs have since changed pos)

I was exaggerating because it DOES seem like it lol

TUSK
01-12-2018, 11:10 PM
In the last 5 years with the exception of Humphries who are the corners? Bama's corners struggle big-time in the NFL

Actually, I think they've been aight... Milliner was a bust for a 1st (injury played a big part in that, too) & Jones is TBD.... Dre is pretty good, I think... Kareem Jackson was good (that may be outside your time frame, though)... and there was Robinson (good career for pick 255 - early on)... Dequan Menzie ...

Also, Eddie Jackson and Mark Barron were both DBs before injury forced them to change pos....

This year, both corners may be drafted.

Here's a Wiki link that has all the years, if interested...

sorry for the choppy post.

TUSK
01-12-2018, 11:19 PM

You may can help me (since I don't know NFL so well)... what current NCAA HC would you say has/puts more CBs in the league than Saban?

msstate7
01-12-2018, 11:36 PM
You may can help me (since I don't know NFL so well)... what current NCAA HC would you say has/puts more CBs in the league than Saban?

Urban? 8 since 2014... had several at Florida

ETA... sorry, 5 CBs and 3 safeties since 2014

TUSK
01-13-2018, 12:43 AM

that's strong... and he pilfered a 5* transfer from us.... Kendal Sheffield... he's legit... can I claim him when he gets a round 1 pick?

bulldawg28
01-13-2018, 06:54 AM

Urban has done it both at Florida and Ohio State. Les Miles has put more corners at LSU.

For all the hoopla Saban gets for development he's ONLY had 1-2 corners All Pro in the NFL. That's Jackson with the Texans and maybe Kirkpatrick with the Bengals. He teaches them terrible technique to always get "Mossed" by WR's. That equates to a short career in the NFL.

maroonmania
01-13-2018, 08:59 AM
Urban has done it both at Florida and Ohio State. Les Miles has put more corners at LSU.

For all the hoopla Saban gets for development he's ONLY had 1-2 corners All Pro in the NFL. That's Jackson with the Texans and maybe Kirkpatrick with the Bengals. He teaches them terrible technique to always get "Mossed" by WR's. That equates to a short career in the NFL.

Hard to truly judge Saban's development ability anyway given he starts out with the most raw talent of any coach in the NCAA. It would look pretty bad if he didn't have quite a number of secondary players in the NFL.

TUSK
01-13-2018, 02:10 PM

I'll defer to you on the NFL (bc I know less than dick about that)... I just want Saban to develop players (and DBs) well enough win NCs at Bammer... Maybe he'll improve as a coach in that regard over the next few years...

Thanks for the insight.

Goldendawg
01-13-2018, 02:45 PM
Do we have any OV's this weekend or next?

HoopsDawg
01-13-2018, 02:54 PM
Do we have any OV's this weekend or next?

Zero this weekend from unsigned players. Several next weekend though.

Goldendawg
01-13-2018, 04:19 PM
Zero this weekend from unsigned players. Several next weekend though.

Thanks. Hail State!

msstate7
01-13-2018, 04:20 PM
So recruiting experts, who we finish with?

Goldendawg
01-13-2018, 04:23 PM
So recruiting experts, who we finish with?

You are on the wrong thread. This is the how well Saban puts DB's in the NFL thread.*****

bulldawg28
01-13-2018, 04:43 PM
I'll defer to you on the NFL (bc I know less than dick about that)... I just want Saban to develop players (and DBs) well enough win NCs at Bammer... Maybe he'll improve as a coach in that regard over the next few years...

Thanks for the insight.

Jimbo Fisher does a great job developing that position. At least he did at Florida State

Goldendawg
01-14-2018, 06:58 PM
IYOK or Ari,, or both, how do you see us closing out the '18 class including our 5 remaining commits and any surprises you can talk about?

Ari Gold
01-15-2018, 10:39 AM
IYOK or Ari,, or both, how do you see us closing out the '18 class including our 5 remaining commits and any surprises you can talk about?

I think we sign 7 more. Maybe 8 before all is said and done.
OL - McDowell and Winkel
WR - Patterson ( Juco)
DE - Lovett . Yeah I think we good now. Baker is huge and he finally has smart and rational people in his ear
CB- Smith . I just don’t think he goes to Bama . I think Williams flips to Tenn and I don’t think Furdge is in the class unless we miss on both .
DB - Myles
Ath - Watson. But wouldn’t be shocked at the last hour he flips to Aub.
And we absolutely make room for Caleb Tanner who we have a shot at and make room for Ellis this summer if he qualifies.

Things will change daily next few weeks. But this is where we are today

ShotgunDawg
01-15-2018, 10:54 AM
Love what you are saying on Lovett but forgive me if I'm skeptical.

However, if we do win this battle & reverse the momentum of Ole Miss on the player they targeted to flip from us, it would say an awful lot about this new staff's recruiting ability.

I can't help but wonder if Mullen's staff would've even attempted to win Lovett back?

Todd4State
01-15-2018, 10:59 AM

However, if we do win this battle & reverse the momentum of Ole Miss on the player they targeted to flip from us, it would say an awful lot about this new staff's recruiting ability.

I can't help but wonder if Mullen's staff would've even attempted to win Lovett back?
Hell no they wouldn't have attempted. That's work and they have a marathon training schedule to keep.

Ari Gold
01-15-2018, 11:01 AM

Wouldn’t be shocked at all if Lovett goes to Umiss. But It’s not a slam dunk as those ****s up north would have everyone think. Lots of bullshit went down while the staff was in Jacksonville ..

bulldawg28
01-15-2018, 11:57 AM
OL - McDowell and Winkel
WR - Patterson ( Juco)
DE - Lovett . Yeah I think we good now. Baker is huge and he finally has smart and rational people in his ear
CB- Smith . I just don’t think he goes to Bama . I think Williams flips to Tenn and I don’t think Furdge is in the class unless we miss on both .
DB - Myles
Ath - Watson. But wouldn’t be shocked at the last hour he flips to Aub.
And we absolutely make room for Caleb Tanner who we have a shot at and make room for Ellis this summer if he qualifies.

Myles is going to Arkansas

ShotgunDawg
01-15-2018, 12:16 PM
Myles is going to Arkansas

Where have you seen this?

bulldawg28
01-15-2018, 12:39 PM
Where have you seen this?

I live here in Alabama in the same town. The word here is he's going to Arkansas. Fyi, the majority of the coaches on staff for his highschool are from Arkansas. The head man coached with Gus there.

ShotgunDawg
01-15-2018, 01:01 PM
I live here in Alabama in the same town. The word here is he's going to Arkansas. Fyi, the majority of the coaches on staff for his highschool are from Arkansas. The head man coached with Gus there.

Would be absurd to lose a defensive player to Arkansas IMO.

Here is our problem with Mason: I'm sure he just thinks he is doing the lord's work.

For some reason coaches getting involved like this, especially when both schools are out of state to the player, just agitates me.

https://i.imgur.com/yiEuRMT.jpg

msstate7
01-15-2018, 01:41 PM
So I go to look at 247 CBs and see Tyrese heard as the lead story for the day. Kinda gives me the feeling our staff agrees with bulldawg28 that mason to ark

maroonmania
01-15-2018, 01:48 PM

Amazing the manipulation of HS coaches with some of these kids. He is being pushed to go about 4 times further away from his family to play for a program in much worse shape than ours? Ridiculous.

bulldawg28
01-15-2018, 01:49 PM
Would be absurd to lose a defensive player to Arkansas IMO.

Here is our problem with Mason: I'm sure he just thinks he is doing the lord's work.

For some reason coaches getting involved like this, especially when both schools are out of state to the player, just agitates me.

https://i.imgur.com/yiEuRMT.jpg

I've watched him play several games and he's an athlete but played little safety throughout the year. I'm not sure losing him hurts.

Ari Gold
01-15-2018, 03:12 PM
Myles may end up in Ark
Watson may end up in Aub
Lovett may end up Oxford
Smith may end up in Tuscaloosa

We shall see. As of 1/15 I have been told we feel good.

Commercecomet24
01-15-2018, 03:20 PM
Myles may end up in Ark
Watson may end up in Aub
Lovett may end up Oxford

Good stuff, Ari! Care to put a percentage on each one. Thanks again for all your info!

DeputyDawg94
01-15-2018, 03:32 PM
Where is Ellis at now? Hope he makes it to Starkville. He looked like a stud coming out of high school.

Bully13
01-15-2018, 03:52 PM
Where is Ellis at now? Hope he makes it to Starkville. He looked like a stud coming out of high school.

who is Ellis?

jumbo
01-15-2018, 03:58 PM

Last I heard he was in Idaho with his father. Working out and working on his eligibility.

who is Ellis?

Noah Ellis

https://247sports.com/Player/Noah-Elliss-85025

ShotgunDawg
01-15-2018, 04:07 PM
I've watched him play several games and he's an athlete but played little safety throughout the year. I'm not sure losing him hurts.

On the Boneyard today Rosebowl says that short of Bama offering Mason, he feels really good about him.

Commercecomet24
01-15-2018, 04:16 PM
Anyone have any idea what the chances are that Noah Ellis gets in for the summer/fall?

Bully13
01-15-2018, 04:18 PM
Last I heard he was in Idaho with his father. Working out and working on his eligibility.

Noah Ellis

https://247sports.com/Player/Noah-Elliss-85025

so he signed with us last year? has be been going to some kind of school or something? he did graduate last year from H.S. in CO, right?

preachermatt83
01-15-2018, 05:15 PM
I want to hear what IYOK says on Lovett and mason?

Turfdawg67
01-15-2018, 06:33 PM
OL - McDowell and Winkel
WR - Patterson ( Juco)
CB- Smith . I just don?t think he goes to Bama . I think Williams flips to Tenn and I don?t think Furdge is in the class unless we miss on both .
DB - Myles
Ath - Watson. But wouldn?t be shocked at the last hour he flips to Aub.

This is good stuff! Sorry for the ignorance, who is CB Williams? I looked on 247 before asking, but didn?t see him.

msstate7
01-15-2018, 06:38 PM
This is good stuff! Sorry for the ignorance, who is CB Williams? I looked on 247 before asking, but didn?t see him.

Vandy commit

Turfdawg67
01-15-2018, 07:03 PM
Vandy commit

Danka. Out of Mphs. Looks like it’s between Vandy and VT... State and UT’s new coaches making a late push I guess?

Goldendawg
01-15-2018, 09:10 PM
OL - McDowell and Winkel
WR - Patterson ( Juco)
CB- Smith . I just don?t think he goes to Bama . I think Williams flips to Tenn and I don?t think Furdge is in the class unless we miss on both .
DB - Myles
Ath - Watson. But wouldn?t be shocked at the last hour he flips to Aub.

Thanks for the update. Hail State!

Dawg-gone-dawgs
01-16-2018, 10:32 AM
Myles may end up in Ark
Watson may end up in Aub
Lovett may end up Oxford

Change Watson to Oxford..

msstate7
01-16-2018, 10:34 AM
Change Watson to Oxford..

I did not even know they were a possibility.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
01-16-2018, 10:35 AM

Yes go ahead and prepare for your OM philosophy. It's so funny we make fun of OM for downplaying a player they lose but we do the exact same thing.

He is a really good player and it would hurt to lose him.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
01-16-2018, 10:36 AM
I did not even know they were a possibility.

He is visiting there soon. He wants to play WR and you know how OM is about making promises to get what they want.

maroonmania
01-16-2018, 11:15 AM
He is visiting there soon. He wants to play WR and you know how OM is about making promises to get what they want.

Plus, apparently its mandatory for OM that they keep at least 15 WRs on their roster at all times so if he is determined to be a WR then he should be able to find a roster spot there. Seriously though, if JoMo sees him as having real WR potential then we should sign him on and see what happens. Currently we have some WRs that are just not SEC caliber.

Ari Gold
01-16-2018, 11:22 AM
Yes go ahead and prepare for your OM philosophy. It's so funny we make fun of OM for downplaying a player they lose but we do the exact same thing.

He is a really good player and it would hurt to lose him.

First off, he is referring to Mason not Watson. No one is down playing Watson or Myles.

And regarding to Watson ending up at UM , we won’t lose him to that shit hole. if this staff wants him and he doesn’t get an offer from auburn .

Dawg-gone-dawgs
01-16-2018, 11:46 AM
if this staff wants him Yes that is the kicker. I never said we would "lose" him to OM.

HoopsDawg
01-16-2018, 11:50 AM
First off, he is referring to Mason not Watson. No one is down playing Watson or Myles.

And regarding to Watson ending up at UM , we won?t lose him to that shit hole. if this staff wants him and he doesn?t get an offer from auburn .

I will Downplay Watson. We can't take another TE. But I would like him as an OLB. Main 3 guys I want are Lovett, Tanner and Eddie Smith. Those 3 would make this a very good class. And we need to sign Winkel and McDowell and develop them.

Commercecomet24
01-16-2018, 11:55 AM
I will Downplay Watson. We can't take another TE. But I would like him as an OLB. Main 3 guys I want are Lovett, Tanner and Eddie Smith. Those 3 would make this a very good class. And we need to sign Winkel and McDowell and develop them.

I would be extremely happy if we got, Lovett, Tanner, Smith, Winkel and McDowell. Hope this happens!

preachermatt83
01-16-2018, 12:41 PM
I expect smith to go to UT

Ari Gold
01-16-2018, 01:39 PM
I expect smith to go to UT

If that happens then I really like our chances with Williams..

Irondawg
01-16-2018, 02:51 PM
Ari - knowing they are different kinds of CB's - which one do you think we prefer if we could only get one?

1bigdawg
01-16-2018, 02:56 PM
Ari - knowing they are different kinds of CB's - which one do you think we prefer if we could only get one?

Not Ari, but I really like Williams height.

Commercecomet24
01-16-2018, 03:14 PM
My youngest son just got to meet Coach Moorhead. They were down here visiting one of his buddies that's a big DL recruit for the 2019 class.

HoopsDawg
01-16-2018, 03:27 PM

Williams can play S or C. I think Smith is a true corner. I would love both, but Smith would be my choice.

sandwolf
01-16-2018, 03:31 PM
My youngest son just got to meet Coach Moorhead. They were down here visiting one of his buddies that's a big DL recruit for the 2019 class.
Where is ‘down here’ and who’s the DL?

Commercecomet24
01-16-2018, 03:34 PM
Where is ‘down here’ and who’s the DL?

West Jones, Byron Young.

Ari Gold
01-16-2018, 05:43 PM

The Big board is
1. Smith
2. Williams

msstate7
01-16-2018, 09:25 PM
Ha, 247 made the CBs premium. Sucks

bostondawg
01-16-2018, 11:44 PM

I can still see them.

Commercecomet24
01-16-2018, 11:55 PM

I can see them.

Commercecomet24
01-17-2018, 12:34 AM
Coach Huff is out recruiting in California. Anyone know who he?s after?

Todd4State
01-17-2018, 12:48 AM
Coach Huff is out recruiting in California. Anyone know who he?s after?

We offered a RB at Mater Dei HS out there today. That's a superpower HS in California.

Commercecomet24
01-17-2018, 01:47 AM
We offered a RB at Mater Dei HS out there today. That's a superpower HS in California.

Cool. Good to see us stepping outside our box a little. Yeah they been a power a long time. I lived in LA for 2 years in the 80?s. Saw them and Long Beach Poly play.

msstate7
01-17-2018, 08:12 AM
I can still see them.

https://s9.postimg.org/d4vhywezz/B7_D2153_D-3836-46_C7-_A3_D9-29_B97_A393_DEC.png (https://postimg.org/image/q912bl71n/)

Ifyouonlyknew
01-17-2018, 09:50 AM

https://247sports.com/Player/Sean-Dollars-46040937

MetEdDawg
01-17-2018, 11:48 AM
Two words: SaQuan Barkley

msstate7
01-17-2018, 01:35 PM
Is smith looking more like tenn now? Will tenn get Williams and smith, or either or?

preachermatt83
01-17-2018, 05:18 PM
https://247sports.com/Player/Sean-Dollars-46040937

Wow!!

BuckyIsAB****
01-17-2018, 09:44 PM
Do we have a real shot at him or is this just to say we tried

MetEdDawg
01-17-2018, 09:52 PM
Do we have a real shot at him or is this just to say we tried

Either way it’s an improvement over what we had.

FISHDAWG
01-18-2018, 09:34 AM
West Jones, Byron Young.

I played for South Jones ... always nice to meet a home boy

louisvilledawg
01-18-2018, 09:37 AM
May be germans, but isn't that was Ole Miss has done the last 6-7 years? Offered every one of the top players and hopefully get them on campus for a visit?

I like it. It gets your name out there. People continually see MSU whenever they click on a recruit's 247 page.

Hopefully next year we can get Joe Moorhead to be on the round table with the other coaches on ESPN2 for the National Championship game (assuming we're not playing in it**.)

Matt Luke had like 5 months of head coaching experience and got to be on there with Gundy, Bobo, Fitzgerald, Cutcliffe, and Sumlin. Should Matt Luke have been on there? Hell no. Those other guys could coach circles around Luke.

However, Ole Miss knows what they're doing. All about name and face recognition.

Cary Hudson's little bro
01-18-2018, 04:00 PM
What is the latest thinking on Eddie Smith and Rayshad Williams?

Is there a Stewart Reese level OL out there we may get in 2018 class besides Ryan Winkel?

Commercecomet24
01-18-2018, 04:03 PM
I played for South Jones ... always nice to meet a home boy

Always nice to meet another from the Free State!

Commercecomet24
01-18-2018, 05:07 PM
Can anyone give some further info on La'Damian Webb, the RB from Alabama? Are we looking at him at RB, Slot or something else? Looks to have quick feet, good agility and can run. Seems like he might be a little underrated, maybe because of his size. Looks like he could be an interesting player for us.

msbulldog
01-18-2018, 07:13 PM
May be germans, but isn't that was Ole Miss has done the last 6-7 years? Offered every one of the top players and hopefully get them on campus for a visit?

I like it. It gets your name out there. People continually see MSU whenever they click on a recruit's 247 page.

Hopefully next year we can get Joe Moorhead to be on the round table with the other coaches on ESPN2 for the National Championship game (assuming we're not playing in it**.)

Matt Luke had like 5 months of head coaching experience and got to be on there with Gundy, Bobo, Fitzgerald, Cutcliffe, and Sumlin. Should Matt Luke have been on there? Hell no. Those other guys could coach circles around Luke.

However, Ole Miss knows what they're doing. All about name and face recognition.

Totally agree, what does it cost to send a letter? A properly composed letter to the top 300 football players in the country might get one of those guys thinking. With a follow up phone call maybe we can generate a prospect, you never know. One good football player out of this effort is worth the money and time. +1 LouisvilleDawg

Bothrops
01-19-2018, 02:34 AM
Can anyone give some further info on La'Damian Webb, the RB from Alabama? Are we looking at him at RB, Slot or something else? Looks to have quick feet, good agility and can run. Seems like he might be a little underrated, maybe because of his size. Looks like he could be an interesting player for us.

I honestly have no idea why Webb didn't have more SEC offers. I think we got a huge steal.

msstate7
01-19-2018, 08:47 AM
C66 on sps says Mullen offering Lovett and reed a package deal. Wow

Todd4State
01-19-2018, 08:52 AM

If only Dan was in a talent rich state like Florida where he could find his own players.**

Things like this are why Dan won't work at Florida. He simply can not recruit.

Commercecomet24
01-19-2018, 09:24 AM
I honestly have no idea why Webb didn't have more SEC offers. I think we got a huge steal.

I agree completely. The young man seems to be flying completely under the radar. He looks like he could turn into a beast.

Commercecomet24
01-19-2018, 09:26 AM
If only Dan was in a talent rich state like Florida where he could find his own players.**

Things like this are why Dan won't work at Florida. He simply can not recruit.

Yeah what's he gonna do next year when he doesn't have Mississippi players to call on that he recruited all year at State? UF people are already getting a little uneasy about his recruiting efforts to this point.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
01-19-2018, 09:27 AM

absurd..C66 doesn't know anything, he is just throwing something out there. I'll never understand why people make stuff up just for the sake of posting something.

Turfdawg67
01-19-2018, 09:37 AM
absurd..C66 doesn't know anything, he is just throwing something out there. I'll never understand why people make stuff up just for the sake of posting something.

And why do you say it’s untrue? Just because?
https://s18.postimg.org/s39dkdemx/7291273_B-5_EFD-4699-977_A-_D11627650_A74.png

Tripp McNeely
01-19-2018, 12:32 PM

Not sure if sarcastic...but Rosebowl is reporting the same shiznit!

Bully13
01-19-2018, 01:02 PM
My dislike for mullenz just went up a few notches.

Cooterpoot
01-19-2018, 01:15 PM
Mullen couldn't recruit a hooker with Hugh Freeze's help.

LibraryDawg
01-19-2018, 01:15 PM
There are 7 visitors this weekend. Anyone know who?

jacksondawg
01-19-2018, 01:19 PM
I think Winkel Johnson McDowell and Smith are. Not sure who the others might be.

Commercecomet24
01-19-2018, 01:27 PM

Rep Given!

msbulldog
01-19-2018, 01:29 PM
Dolla Bill, McDowell, N. Watson, Kilby-Lane, J. Crumedy, Winkel & Smith.

Bully13
01-19-2018, 01:55 PM

laughing my ass off. literally. thank you cooter.

Bothrops
01-19-2018, 03:07 PM
And why do you say it?s untrue? Just because?
https://s18.postimg.org/s39dkdemx/7291273_B-5_EFD-4699-977_A-_D11627650_A74.png

That is gross!

Cooterpoot
01-19-2018, 04:59 PM
That pic makes me think of the sound of a worn out poon on a windy day.

Goldendawg
01-20-2018, 06:34 PM
Don't know how long an official visit lasts, but anyone got an update on how this weekend went?

Todd4State
01-20-2018, 07:05 PM
That is gross!

He looks incredibly excited to be posing for that ridiculous picture.

PCHSDawg
01-20-2018, 10:22 PM
That is gross! If you think that's bad, don't look at his current Twitter feed.

msstate7
01-21-2018, 08:00 AM
From what I have gathered, our remaining targets are...

Williams
Smith
Winkel
Lovett
Mason
Watson
Furdge
McDowell

How many do we most likely sign?

msstate7
01-21-2018, 11:37 AM
Ark getting CBs for a safety. Hopefully this bodes well for us with mason

Ari Gold
01-21-2018, 11:38 AM
From what I have gathered, our remaining targets are...

Williams
Smith
Winkel
Lovett
Mason
Watson
Furdge
McDowell

How do we most likely sign?

What I found out today.

McDowell
Mason
Watson
Are all good

Smith
We feel good about

Winkel
So /so that Tenn offer is a red flag for sure

Lovett will be a battle but Still good shot

Williams . Out

And Furdge we prob keep

If I hear something more will post later.

msstate7
01-21-2018, 11:38 AM
What I found out today.

McDowell
Mason
Watson
Are all good

Smith
We feel good about

Winkel

Williams . Out

And Furdge we prob keep

Good deal. Thanks

ShotgunDawg
01-21-2018, 02:42 PM
Our boy Myles Mason just up & took an unofficial to Arkansas this weekend.

Feels like this kid is playing us like fiddle or is a people pleaser & just appeasing his high school coach that for whatever reason feels like he owes Arkansas something.

Bothrops
01-21-2018, 03:06 PM

Feels like this kid is playing us like fiddle or is a people pleaser & just appeasing his high school coach that for whatever reason feels like he owes Arkansas something.

Fayetteville is a long wss way for his family to see him play.

maroonmania
01-21-2018, 05:46 PM

I can't see that Mason would be "good" for us if he is traveling all the way to Fayetteville on his own dime. Personally, I don't see the attraction of a B'ham kid wanting to go to a down Arkansas program when he has a closer, better option at MSU.

Irondawg
01-21-2018, 06:45 PM
I can't see that Mason would be "good" for us if he is traveling all the way to Fayetteville on his own dime. Personally, I don't see the attraction of a B'ham kid wanting to go to a down Arkansas program when he has a closer, better option at MSU.

They got him to come up to see the new defensive coaches. Why those guys couldn?t come to AL is the issue.

To me the question is if he?s HS coach took him or if the family went back there with him. If the family did and they won?t come to Starkville next weekend then the writing is on the wall.

Not sure how good his HS team is but you have think that coach has better shot of getting MSU to take more of his kids than ARK long term

preachermatt83
01-21-2018, 10:02 PM
What I found out today.

McDowell
Mason
Watson
Are all good

Smith
We feel good about

Winkel

Williams . Out

And Furdge we prob keep

Unless something drastic happens, Smith is going to Tennessee

Ari Gold
01-21-2018, 10:09 PM

We shall see..

msstate7
01-21-2018, 10:17 PM

If true, Pruitt is cleaning our clock it seems. Granted I am not plugged in to recruiting at all, but I heard Carvin, Williams, Smith, and winkel. Now it seems we could lose them all to Pruitt

ShotgunDawg
01-21-2018, 10:38 PM
If true, Pruitt is cleaning our clock it seems. Granted I am not plugged in to recruiting at all, but I heard Carvin, Williams, Smith, and winkel. Now it seems we could lose them all to Pruitt

Thing is, those are all in-state Tennessee guys except Smith.

Not sure what the attraction of Tennessee is for a guy from Slidell. Especially when we have Whop & Key on the team who are his friends.

msstate7
01-21-2018, 10:39 PM
Thing is, those are all in-state Tennessee guys except Smith.

Not sure what the attraction of Tennessee is for a guy from Slidell. Especially when we have Whop & Key on the team who are his friends.

Good point on them being from tenn.

Todd4State
01-21-2018, 10:53 PM

Pruitt is pissed at us because we didn't give him our job. It will hurt us in Memphis.

Bothrops
01-22-2018, 12:29 AM
Pruitt is pissed at us because we didn't give him our job. It will hurt us in Memphis.

This. But I, for one, am sick of losing out on people to freaking Tennessee.

Todd4State
01-22-2018, 12:36 AM
This. But I, for one, am sick of losing out on people to freaking Tennessee.

I'll say it- I would offer Jaylon Reed again if we lose out on Smith.

Cooterpoot
01-22-2018, 05:23 AM
Jaylen Reed is not an SEC DB. He’s just not very good.

Todd4State
01-22-2018, 08:44 AM
Jaylen Reed is not an SEC DB. He’s just not very good.

I bet he's better than whatever walk-on we would give his scholarship to if we completely strike out.

PlattsburgDawg
01-22-2018, 09:07 AM
I bet he's better than whatever walk-on we would give his scholarship to if we completely strike out.

Furdge > Reed and it isn't even close. If we are going to just take someone to fill a spot, I would rather take a another developmental offensive lineman. If Reed was anywhere close to sec caliber, ole miss would have already taken him to sure up Lovett.

Cooterpoot
01-22-2018, 09:39 AM

We aren't doing that.

sandwolf
01-22-2018, 10:54 AM
Furdge > Reed and it isn't even close. If we are going to just take someone to fill a spot, I would rather take a another developmental offensive lineman. If Reed was anywhere close to sec caliber, ole miss would have already taken him to sure up Lovett.

Good post. Completely agree.

Ari Gold
01-22-2018, 11:47 AM
Everyone is talking like Smith committed to Tenn already.
Where is this info coming from ? crystal balls ? Tenn media bags?
I’m telling everyone we have as good of a shot at Smith than UT
That’s not saying 100% we get him , but I am the ONLY person that told everyone we would get Whop months ago..

civildawg
01-22-2018, 01:52 PM
What I found out today.

McDowell
Mason
Watson
Are all good

Smith
We feel good about

Winkel

Williams . Out

And Furdge we prob keep

well 0 for 1 so far

ShotgunDawg
01-22-2018, 01:56 PM
Yikes that this new staff has been beaten twice in recruiting this year against Arkansas' new staff

msstate7
01-22-2018, 02:01 PM
Yikes that this new staff has been beaten twice in recruiting this year against Arkansas' new staff

One I forgive... the ark kid. No reason to lose an Alabama kid to ark though

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
01-22-2018, 02:05 PM
Myles Mason to Ark?

bulldawg28
01-22-2018, 02:14 PM
One I forgive... the ark kid. No reason to lose an Alabama kid to ark though

Why not? Coaches influence big time

msstate7
01-22-2018, 02:15 PM
Why not? Coaches influence big time

The influence did not seem to work for a while. He has been committed a minute

louisvilledawg
01-22-2018, 02:18 PM
What I found out today.

McDowell
Mason
Watson
Are all good

Smith
We feel good about

Winkel

Williams . Out

And Furdge we prob keep

https://www.awesomelyluvvie.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/Nailed-It.gif

Ari Gold
01-22-2018, 02:29 PM
https://www.awesomelyluvvie.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/Nailed-It.gif

Yeah it’s my fault he flipped..

Ari Gold
01-22-2018, 02:31 PM
well 0 for 1 so far

Oh well ..

msstate7
01-22-2018, 02:34 PM
Oh well ..

I appreciate your info. Lord knows, I swing and miss a lot (much more than you). Please keep passing along what you hear

maroonmania
01-22-2018, 03:04 PM
Yeah it’s my fault he flipped..

I just don't understand why our staff would think he was 'good? Were they unaware he was back at Ark? Hope they dont have too many lessons to learn on recruiting in the South.

Doggie_Style
01-22-2018, 03:28 PM
I just don't understand why our staff would think he was 'good? Were they unaware he was back at Ark? Hope they dont have too many lessons to learn on recruiting in the South.

I'm not ready to completely melt yet, but some of the things that have happened since December, including Mason, are cause for serious concern. Yes you should expect to lose some but I don't see any wins so far to the credit of our new staff.

BrunswickDawg
01-22-2018, 03:40 PM
I'm not ready to completely melt yet, but some of the things that have happened since December, including Mason, are cause for serious concern. Yes you should expect to lose some but I don't see any wins so far to the credit of our new staff.

The thing that has happened is we changed staffs, and borderline kids decided to look elsewhere. It happens. We should be damn glad that all of our key targets signed on. Yes Arky changed staffs too, but the reality is not every kid is attached to a school as they are the combination of school/coach/home town influencers. If 1 of those variables changes, they can be easily swayed.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
01-22-2018, 04:09 PM
... but I am the ONLY person that told everyone we would get Whop months ago..

Not the only one. I knew we were getting Whop a few weeks after Keytaon signed.

BuckyIsAB****
01-22-2018, 05:55 PM
Donte Starks tweeting he is visiting on Feb 17. Are we in the game with him? 5 star ILB so he tweets.

Was at Biloxi but going to a school in LA for his SR year. I didnt know anything about him till lately, watched Biloxi some last year didnt remember anyone 5 star special.

Turfdawg67
01-22-2018, 06:57 PM
What I found out today.

McDowell
Mason
Watson
Are all good

Smith
We feel good about

Winkel

Williams . Out

And Furdge we prob keep

Hopefully this is a good sign!
https://s14.postimg.org/f4wp4c3f5/7_C289067-_CB6_B-4_EAA-_B5_A0-6_EB149_E20_E22.jpg

Commercecomet24
01-22-2018, 07:04 PM
Hopefully this is a good sign!
https://s14.postimg.org/f4wp4c3f5/7_C289067-_CB6_B-4_EAA-_B5_A0-6_EB149_E20_E22.jpg

Don?t you know that there?s no positivity allowed during recruiting season?*************

Turfdawg67
01-22-2018, 07:06 PM
Don?t you know that there?s no positivity allowed during recruiting season?*************

Or the good stuff is glanced over while the bad is glorified! :-/

Commercecomet24
01-22-2018, 07:09 PM
Or the good stuff is glanced over while the bad is glorified! :-/

Turfdawg gets it! I appreciate you posting that from Winkel.

msbulldog
01-22-2018, 07:12 PM
The thing that has happened is we changed staffs, and borderline kids decided to look elsewhere. It happens. We should be damn glad that all of our key targets signed on. Yes Arky changed staffs too, but the reality is not every kid is attached to a school as they are the combination of school/coach/home town influencers. If 1 of those variables changes, they can be easily swayed.

Agreed Brunswick +1, we are going to come out really good counting our early guys probably top 25. which is really good for us in the new age of rankings

msbulldog
01-22-2018, 07:19 PM
Not the only one. I knew we were getting Whop a few weeks after Keytaon signed.

Damn Boys, y'all need to get into a dik measuring contest, (Independent measuring entity's I hope).

msstate7
01-22-2018, 08:03 PM
Agreed Brunswick +1, we are going to come out really good counting our early guys probably top 25. which is really good for us in the new age of rankings

I will be thrilled if we finish top 25

ShotgunDawg
01-22-2018, 08:15 PM
Lovett's home visit tonight. Safe to say he gives zero craps. That can be a great quality in an athlete

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DULxtYcX0AErGdW.jpg

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DULxtYaX0AAv7Va.jpg

preachermatt83
01-22-2018, 08:23 PM
Lovett's home visit tonight. Safe to say he gives zero craps. That can be a great quality in an athlete

He was grinning from ear to ear in his OM gear this weekend.

msstate7
01-22-2018, 08:23 PM

Any word on where Moorhead is tonight or has he had in home with Lovett?

GreenheadDawg
01-22-2018, 08:44 PM
He was grinning from ear to ear in his OM gear this weekend.

OMG he must think OM is hotter than we are!

Turfdawg67
01-22-2018, 09:00 PM
Re: Lovett: Pics alone... no way he goes to MSU or UF. Haven’t seen the OM pics, but if he’s posing and smiling, could be a tell-tale.

Doggie_Style
01-22-2018, 09:08 PM
Re: Lovett: Pics alone... no way he goes to MSU or UF. Haven’t seen the OM pics, but if he’s posing and smiling, could be a tell-tale.

I’m surprised they even let our coaches in, at least Lovett wore pants, LOL, much respect for MSU****

RezDog7
01-22-2018, 09:46 PM
I couldn?t care less what Lovett is wearing in that pic but if anybody thinks he?s coming State is setting themselves up for a big letdown. The writing has been on the wall for a while.

Turfdawg67
01-22-2018, 09:59 PM
I couldn?t care less what Lovett is wearing in that pic but if anybody thinks he?s coming State is setting themselves up for a big letdown. The writing has been on the wall for a while.

Agreed... and don?t care! We are gonna clean up on the DL next year!

somebodyshotmypaw
01-23-2018, 07:48 AM

Our staff didn't think he was "good". Our staff was disappointed but not surprised. This was not unexpected.

Cooterpoot
01-23-2018, 09:48 AM
This is easy:

Winkel we get unless the TN offer is legit.
McDowell we get unless FL gives a legit offer.
Watson scares me a little. I'm thinking he's looking for anywhere else to go. If he takes a visit somewhere this weekend or if AU offers, he's gone IMO.
Smith is a toss up. I actually like our chances for some reason. I just think he's a better fit here and he knows it.
Lovett is gone. Been gone.
Williams could end up with a late offer.

msstate7
01-23-2018, 10:12 AM
This is easy:

Watson scares me a little. I'm thinking he's looking for anywhere else to go. If he takes a visit somewhere this weekend or if AU offers, he's gone IMO.
Smith is a toss up. I actually like our chances for some reason. I just think he's a better fit here and he knows it.

So we pretty much back up plan on everyone but smith (toss up) and Lovett (not coming regardless)

Cooterpoot
01-23-2018, 11:16 AM
So we pretty much back up plan on everyone but smith (toss up) and Lovett (not coming regardless)

No- We see how it plays out. There's little difference in guys we take right now and whoever is behind them.

louisvilledawg
01-23-2018, 11:50 AM
This is easy:

Dave Bartoo said on his twitter feed (paraphrasing) that if a recruit is committed to you, but takes an OV to another school right before signing day, there is greater than 50% chance he does not sign with your school.

Ari Gold
01-23-2018, 12:07 PM
The Boot 6...

sscjr1
01-23-2018, 12:13 PM
The Boot 6...

Whop, Spivey, Preston, Guidry, Smith, Brule?

msstate7
01-23-2018, 12:18 PM
Whop, Spivey, Preston, Guidry, Smith, Brule?

I would shut my mouth for sure if we pull that off

Eric Nies Grind Time
01-23-2018, 11:25 PM

No you wouldn't

Dawgtini
01-23-2018, 11:27 PM
No you wouldn't
+1

msstate7
01-23-2018, 11:28 PM
Maybe I would surprise you two. Try me, morehead

Cary Hudson's little bro
01-24-2018, 02:07 PM
Moorhead visiting Garret Shrader today in Charlotte. Heck of a prospect

Bothrops
01-24-2018, 06:44 PM

Yes he is!

preachermatt83
01-24-2018, 07:00 PM

I would be willing to bet he ends up at South Carolina. This kid will be JoMo's first big out of state test.

Commercecomet24
01-24-2018, 07:51 PM

Tall rangy kid that can spin it and run. Needs a little more weight but he?s s good un.

yjnkdawg
01-24-2018, 07:55 PM

Makes a note of this for future reference. Hmmmm over 38,000 posts and still counting. Highly unlikely LOL.

ShotgunDawg
01-24-2018, 08:09 PM
I would be willing to bet he ends up at South Carolina. This kid will be JoMo's first big out of state test.

Signing up to play QB for Muschamp feels like career suicide

msstate7
01-24-2018, 08:17 PM
Makes a note of this for future reference. Hmmmm over 38,000 posts and still counting. Highly unlikely LOL.

I will stop complaining bout 2018 football recruiting. No way I can resist melting in a game thread. I am in every game thread here, maybe ever... those are where I rack up my post count.

Bothrops
01-24-2018, 11:37 PM

Did he grow up a SC fan? Because that's the only way JoMo loses this battle to Muschamp.

Cary Hudson's little bro
01-25-2018, 09:02 AM
Did he grow up a SC fan? Because that's the only way JoMo loses this battle to Muschamp.

Jake Bentley goes to the NFL this year so Muschump can sell him on playing time. It'll be a battle. Most kids don't go over two state lines to play much less 4-5.

Ifyouonlyknew
01-25-2018, 09:13 AM
Jake Bentley goes to the NFL this year so Muschump can sell him on playing time. It'll be a battle. Most kids don't go over two state lines to play much less 4-5.

Our previous 2019 QB commit was from further away (Virginia).

msudawglb
01-25-2018, 10:17 AM

Our last 3 starting QB's have crossed over 2 state lines.

Cary Hudson's little bro
01-25-2018, 10:18 AM
Right, but it's rare. I bet Moorhead gets his guy in the end. Has Shrader been to Starkville yet to see our facilities etc?

Cary Hudson's little bro
01-25-2018, 10:21 AM
Our last 3 starting QB's have crossed over 2 state lines.

touche' - should have said 3 state lines, much less 4-5. It can be done though!

Commercecomet24
01-25-2018, 10:52 AM
touche' - should have said 3 state lines, much less 4-5. It can be done though!

Heck unm has one that crossed 2 oceans and one from cali lol. I do understand what you're getting at though.

Ari Gold
01-25-2018, 10:58 AM
Look for Lovett to be in Starkvegas this weekend.

Doggie_Style
01-25-2018, 11:01 AM
Look for Lovett to be in Starkvegas this weekend.

Nice....looks like we are in the hunt!

somebodyshotmypaw
01-25-2018, 11:41 AM
Nice....looks like we are in the hunt!

I think we are definitely in the hunt. However, I don't think we are the favorite.

ShotgunDawg
01-25-2018, 11:59 AM
Florida offered McDowell and he’ll visit there this weekend.

Looks like we could be on pace to sign 1 HS OL.

Just feels like a completely unethical situation by Mullen.

msstate7
01-25-2018, 12:05 PM
Florida offered McDowell and he’ll visit there this weekend.

Looks like we could be on pace to sign 1 HS OL.

Just feels like a completely unethical situation by Mullen.

If this happens, we deserve it. Homedawg (who I very much trust his info) said we did not send McDowell papers on signing day. I would not blame McDowell one bit jumping to Florida if it is a real offer

civildawg
01-25-2018, 12:08 PM
Didn?t we only sign 1 HS OL last year too? That would be beyond absurd

ShotgunDawg
01-25-2018, 12:11 PM
Didn?t we only sign 1 HS OL last year too? That would be beyond absurd

It’s horrible

Ari Gold
01-25-2018, 12:31 PM
We didn’t send papers because he wasn’t signing early...

msstate7
01-25-2018, 12:35 PM
We didn’t send papers because he wasn’t signing early...

Gotcha.

Any good replacements this late?

Cooterpoot
01-25-2018, 12:39 PM
Johnson or Jones

HancockCountyDog
01-25-2018, 01:28 PM

Isn't Bentley a sophomore this year?

Bothrops
01-25-2018, 01:28 PM
If McDowell chooses Florida over us at this point, he never really wanted to come here imo.

Cary Hudson's little bro
01-25-2018, 01:40 PM
Isn't Bentley a sophomore this year?

He started the last two years. True Jr. this season

ShotgunDawg
01-25-2018, 01:50 PM
If McDowell chooses Florida over us at this point, he never really wanted to come here imo.

Completely agree but we?ve got to have more than 1 HS OL.

Hopefully Winkel comes

Ari Gold
01-25-2018, 02:07 PM
Will be surprised if McDowell doesn’t flip

Doggie_Style
01-25-2018, 02:18 PM
Will be surprised if McDowell doesn?t flip

he's as good as gone...we were just a backup plan, Merlins sealed the deal

civildawg
01-25-2018, 03:23 PM
So what you are saying is you?re 0 for 2 on the guys you felt good about? Nice

msstate7
01-25-2018, 03:29 PM
For our remaining targets, it almost seems like we get them as long as NO other sec team offers

Turfdawg67
01-25-2018, 03:32 PM
I think we are definitely in the hunt. However, I don't think we are the favorite.

He stated in an interview, after our coaches came to visit, that we are still his favorite.

Turfdawg67
01-25-2018, 03:34 PM

Sorry... missed your predictions.

msstate7
01-25-2018, 03:37 PM
Sorry... missed your predictions.

Yeah, I like our recruiting guys to predict, so I never criticize them for being wrong.

Here is my prediction for our finish... we take 1, 2, 3 on the chin

Commercecomet24
01-25-2018, 03:38 PM
He stated in an interview, after our coaches came to visit, that we are still his favorite.

Well that's interesting. It would be nice to pull him back in.

civildawg
01-25-2018, 03:43 PM
I dont have predictions because I dont walk around acting like I know everything.

HancockCountyDog
01-25-2018, 03:50 PM
Well that's interesting. It would be nice to pull him back in.

No one at the plantation expects him except for Fancy.

Johnson85
01-25-2018, 03:54 PM
Will be surprised if McDowell doesn’t flip

Who are our backup options at OL? I know we're probably well into long shot territory at this point, but I don't think we can afford to follow up last year's OL class with another 1 HS OL class, even if we have to take guys we are pretty skeptical of. Unless we feel really good about next year's class.

If we do only take one HS OL in this class, we better get at least three in the boat in December, even if we have to offer some we would normally be hesitant to give a committable offer until we knew we had missed out on better prospects. At some point, you just have to have actual bodies.

sscjr1
01-25-2018, 03:55 PM
I was under the impression that recruiting is a fluid process, as in things can change. Nothing is concrete until the ink dries. Don't knock guys for relaying what they are hearing. I thought that was why we're on this board. To share information

msstate7
01-25-2018, 03:55 PM
No one at the plantation expects him except for Fancy.

Lovett? If so, are we or Florida the favorite?

Ari Gold
01-25-2018, 03:56 PM

I said things would change daily... if Fla doesn’t offer McDowell there is no issue. And it is Hev and Mullen so it’s not a slam dunk yet. If he flips it’s because it’s Florida.
I will trade Mason for Brule. Same type player and still think land Eddie . The Boot 6 would be strong.
The longer it goes better our chances are for Winkle IMO
And Lovett isn’t a lock to UM.

Bothrops
01-25-2018, 03:58 PM
For our remaining targets, it almost seems like we get them as long as NO other sec team offers

This is what I can't understand. We just had a 9 win season and poised to have an even better year coming up, and it doesn't matter.

Ari Gold
01-25-2018, 03:58 PM
I dont have predictions because I dont walk around acting like I know everything.

Doche post... if you don’t like my info I bring dont ****ing read it..
oh btw who told you Whop.??

Ari Gold
01-25-2018, 04:01 PM
This is what I can't understand. We just had a 9 win season and poised to have an even better year coming up, and it doesn't matter.

Again look at who we have signed and kept..
the number one players in the state at 5 or 6 positions and the number one Juco Wr in the country
We lost our HC and over half the staff. And didn’t lose but a few guys .

archdawg
01-25-2018, 04:19 PM
I said things would change daily... if Fla doesn’t offer McDowell there is no issue. And it is Hev and Mullen so it’s not a slam dunk yet. If he flips it’s because it’s Florida.
I will trade Mason for Brule. Same type player and still think land Eddie . The Boot 6 would be strong.
The longer it goes better our chances are for Winkle IMO
And Lovett isn’t a lock to UM.

Are we after Brule as a safety or is he projected at a different position? Where would you put the odds on him right now?