PDA

View Full Version : Official Game 2 Super Regional Thread Sponsored by whatsthescoreinoxford.edu

Pages : 1 2 3 [4]

msstate7
06-11-2016, 09:49 PM
After its 2 on with guy up facing smith for 2nd time, you have to go Houston vs the rh hitter. Once the rh hitter reaches, you damn sure go pilk vs lh hitter. Our coaching was Fredi Gonzalez bad this game

Bdawg
First year coach comes in and his team shoves it up our ass to go to Omaha. Take notes Cohen. Never seen so many balls find a damn hole in one game either. Very disappointing to say the least

CadaverDawg
I will never get this vested in a MSU sport again. I'm done. I'll still watch, and still pull for them...but I've raised my expectations for the last time. See you guys this Fall. Where's the Tylenol.

Coursesuper
06-11-2016, 09:50 PM
**** you Cohen. you butt****ed this game.

Absolutely, the real 17er shows up when the heat is really on.

msstate7
Cohen and Robson were the goats in this series

Irondawg
That was painful gents. Just painful. Murphy's law got us that whole series.

smootness
We lost this because we went cold and were playing our worst ball of the year to end it.

smootness
06-11-2016, 09:52 PM
First year coach comes in and his team shoves it up our ass to go to Omaha. Take notes Cohen. Never seen so many balls find a damn hole in one game either. Very disappointing to say the least

The guy who gave up countless outs trying to bunt in dumb situations? We lost because Arizona far outplayed us.

We were outhit 18-7 in this game.

TopDog58
Cohen and Robson were the goats in this series and Mangum.

Irondawg
Almost every play Cohen made didn't work out. They got lucky at times and the lack of bullpen depth hurt and we pushed guys too far twice. The big one was still letting Hump start the 9th even though he was great to get out of the 8th

msstate7
We lost this because we went cold and were playing our worst ball of the year to end it.

Still we would've won, had he not been late on every pitching move

Bully13
To bad we didn't walk him home. We sucked our own dicks. Couldn't score 2 in game 1 then corn holed our cousin in game 2.

Time for a new hobby... programs that can bring 3000 and 17 our 14k in the ass...after 40 yrs of this shit...I'm done...I don't give a shit anymore..17 it

starkvegasdawg
Might I recommend this condiment for your dining pleasure tonight?

smootness
06-11-2016, 09:53 PM
TopDog showed up, something terrible must have happened.

Bdawg
06-11-2016, 09:53 PM
Hard to believe we blew that game with a 4 run lead and only 6 outs to go.

We are now 40-1 after leading going into the 8th I believe. May be the 9th but regardless we blew our first game after leading in late innings

MarketingBully
06-11-2016, 09:54 PM

How the **** can you say that? We lost when we took out Rooker. Left Rigby in too long, left Humphreys in too long and then to top it off left Smith in too long.

Dawgowar
Well, I have Heavesy's latest O-line to look forward to. So there's that.

Reminds me of my JR year when Polk, Clark, and company choked. Before my Senior year when Polk, Clark, and company choked.

I can accept where we are in football most years. Generally not aspiring to be at the top of the pyramid. But we really need to cross this barrier in baseball.

Oh well, appreciate the effort. Wish the guys moving on well.

I hate Arizona and Baseball.

smootness
Still we would've won, had he not been late on every pitching move

You could say we would've won if a million things had gone differently. Sometimes coaches make dumb moves, sometimes understandable moves backfire, and sometimes you just get beat.

If we had the offense we had all year, we go 2-0 and are headed to Omaha.

msstate7
and Mangum.

Mangum at least got a big rbi double. Robson gave us absolutely nothing. Not getting that popup was unexcusable

ScoobaDawg
06-11-2016, 09:55 PM
To bad we didn't walk him home. We sucked our own dicks. Couldn't score 2 in game 1 then corn holed our cousin in game 2.

Time for a new hobby... programs that can bring 3000 and 17 our 14k in the ass...after 40 yrs of this shit...I'm done...I don't give a shit anymore..17 it

If this was six pack I would consider that a Rule 14 violation and help you with your problem..

smootness
06-11-2016, 09:55 PM
How the **** can you say that? We lost when we took out Rooker. Left Rigby in too long, left Humphreys in too long and then to top it off left Smith in too long.

We lost when it was 5-1 with 6 outs to go. Gotcha.

Dawgowar
06-11-2016, 09:56 PM
Oh, and Dalbec's mom swims out to meet troop ships.

Coach34
06-11-2016, 09:56 PM

This is a bullshit generalization from a fan that doesn't understand how each decision affects the rest of the game

Bdawg
06-11-2016, 09:57 PM
The guy who gave up countless outs trying to bunt in dumb situations? We lost because Arizona far outplayed us.

We were outhit 18-7 in this game.
He's still a first year coach and they still shoved it up our ass just like I said. We had dumbass management and they were way more disciplined at the plate with a good approach. Just beat the hell out of us!

smootness
06-11-2016, 09:58 PM
This is a bullshit generalization from a fan that doesn't understand how each decision affects the rest of the game

K.

If we play this SR a month ago, we win easily.

smootness
He's still a first year coach and they still shoved it up our ass just like I said. We had dumbass management and they were way more disciplined at the plate with a good approach. Just beat the hell out of us!

This makes no sense. Congrats.

maroonmania
Got to hand it to that AZ team. They were gritty. Didn't think they had the offense to come back on us but they proved me wrong. And our offense just has been going down lately. I'm very disappointed but it was a much better season than what I anticipated it would be going in, so there's that. An SEC title, a regional win, hosting SR. Just couldn't get by a team that is definitely peaking late.

Coursesuper
06-11-2016, 10:00 PM

Agreed. This guy knows dick about baseball and the game within the game. That was some classic stepping on you own dick there.

msstate7
06-11-2016, 10:01 PM
K.

If we play this SR a month ago, we win easily.

I agree to an extent. Do you not feel some of our offensive problems were a direct result of Cohen sticking with a slap hitter than couldn't get on base to save his life in the 5-hole? We were never a great offensive team when Robson was middle of the order. He was either at the top, bottom 3rd, or not in lineup when we were rolling.

msstate7
06-11-2016, 10:02 PM
I hope every sec team loses

GreenheadDawg
06-11-2016, 10:03 PM
I'm just as pissed as anybody but bottom line is they were ****ing clutch when they needed to be and we were about as unclutch as a team can possibly be. They deserved this series. They came in our house and went in dry. It was absolutely embarrassing

CadaverDawg
06-11-2016, 10:04 PM
You'd think Smoot was seeking a job offer from Cohen the way he's juggling those Intense testes tonight.

Yes, our players didn't come through...but Cohen doubled down tonight by thinking he had a 5-1 game in the bag. I would say "one day he'll learn"...but he clearly will not. Like I've always said, Cohen is a great enough recruiter and a good enough coach to get us back here....but he will always be the primary reason we won't win it all. We just lost an 11 inning game that cost us Omaha, with a fresh Houston & Pilkington in the pen, and our best hitter on the bench in crunch time. Oh, and with a lineup of...

Robson
Smith
Stovall
Gridley
Holland

....In the biggest spot of the year. That is simply choking & poor management. Period.

I don't want him fired, I'm not saying he sucks...I'm simply saying he makes way too many stupid ass decisions for us to win the big one.

Bothrops
What sucks is Lsu is gonna cruise into Omaha on a ****ing down year, then probably run the table next year while we suck ass.

msstate7
I'm just as pissed as anybody but bottom line is they were ****ing clutch when they needed to be and we were about as unclutch as a team can possibly be. They deserved this series. They came in our house and went in dry. It was absolutely embarrassing

For good teams, winning at "our house" was no problem. We finished 4-8 at home vs postseason teams

GreenheadDawg
06-11-2016, 10:06 PM
Seeing the bottom part of the lineup in the last few innings makes me LOL. If anybody says that's not piss poor coaching then I don't know what to tell you

maroonmania
06-11-2016, 10:06 PM
Almost every play Cohen made didn't work out. They got lucky at times and the lack of bullpen depth hurt and we pushed guys too far twice. The big one was still letting Hump start the 9th even though he was great to get out of the 8th

Yep, if we had used Hump for the 8th and Smith for the 9th we almost certainly win. But our staff should know what our pitchers can and cant do better than anyone. Tried to stretch guys longer than they were effective.

GreenheadDawg
06-11-2016, 10:07 PM
For good teams, winning at "our house" was no problem. We finished 4-8 at home vs postseason teams

Very true.

CadaverDawg
06-11-2016, 10:08 PM
Seeing the bottom part of the lineup in the last few innings makes me LOL. If anybody says that's not piss poor coaching then I don't know what to tell you

Yep. No Rooker, no Hump..hell no Cody Brown or Thor even. Nope...

Robson
Smith
Stovall
Gridley
Holland

That is a ****ing disgrace.

Bully13
06-11-2016, 10:09 PM
I hope everything dies....17 the world

msstate7
06-11-2016, 10:10 PM

Robson
Smith
Stovall
Gridley
Holland

Not really sure why we let smith hit. Cody is a better option even against a lhp

Duckdog
06-11-2016, 10:11 PM
I'm really druk my wife drove me how me **** that game #lifegoeson

I seen it dawg
06-11-2016, 10:12 PM
What sucks is Lsu is gonna cruise into Omaha on a ****ing down year, then probably run the table next year while we suck ass.

No they arent

CadaverDawg
06-11-2016, 10:12 PM
Not really sure why we let smith hit. Cody is a better option even against a lhp

Yep. Or let Thor hit to try and give us a 1 swing lead, and then put Cody in RF. Just boggles my mind watching Cohen overthink and Not think.

MarketingBully
06-11-2016, 10:13 PM
Got to hand it to that AZ team. They were gritty. Didn't think they had the offense to come back on us but they proved me wrong. And our offense just has been going down lately. I'm very disappointed but it was a much better season than what I anticipated it would be going in, so there's that. An SEC title, a regional win, hosting SR. Just couldn't get by a team that is definitely peaking late.

And they will go 2 and Q next week like we did in 07. That Arizona team was not that good. We had a lot to do with them beating us. Their pitcher yesterday in the first two innings had 6-7 mistake pitches that we fouled or popped up. You can't miss on mistake pitches but we did. We missed on several mistake pitches today and should have had 10 runs instead of 5 but we looked like we were content with 5 runs. Then you have the defensive substitution leaving Rigby, Humphreys, and Smith all in one batter too long. Think about this. If Rooker is still in the game, we sacrifice Collins to second with Robson and Rooker is up with a guy in scoring position and he was 3-3. We had a lot to do with Arizona beating us these last couple of days.

I seen it dawg

Hahaha **** yeah!!!

Bdawg

Robson
Smith
Stovall
Gridley
Holland

Absolutely. We had no chance with that lineup

CadaverDawg
06-11-2016, 10:14 PM

Yes sir.

CadaverDawg
06-11-2016, 10:15 PM
Absolutely. We had no chance with that lineup

None

Bucky Dog
To sum it up for tonight:

Robby still hitting, and that's a loosely used term, in the 5th spot is just stupid. He has about two hits the past month. He misplayed fly balls that should have been caught.

Cohen left Rigby in there at least one batter too long. The first two hit the ball hard and Cohen leaves him out there to give up a three run shot to a lefty instead of bringing in Pilk.

Cohen takes Rooker out after his second bomb in the 8th to put us up 5-1. Mike Smith has to bat in the 10th and looks like he couldn't get a hit at a tee ball game!

Reid battled, gave up 3 cheap hits but grooved an 0-2 fastball on the double to lead off the ninth. Then Cohen leaves him in when he is obviously laboring.

So, instead of bringing in Pilk in the 8th to get the LHB and get out of the inning, then bring in Hump in the ninth, Cohen decides to try and let Reid throw 2 innings and 50 pitches for the "save".

EDIT: Cohen also decides to use Elih, who hasn't gotten a hit in more than a month and is hitting .230, as our DH. What about Cole Gordon or Cody Brown John?? Shit!!!

But you have to give a ton of credit to AZ. They pitched lights out, coaches made good decisions and they hit the ball when they had to. They do not strike out and they out the ball in play a lot. Congrats to them and I hope they win it all!

dawgclub99
our own Super. Another wasted season. Oh well. On to football season.

missouridawg
06-11-2016, 10:18 PM
Wasted? You need to get over yourself. It was a tremendous season with a disappointing end. Our guys didn't make enough plays the past 48 hours.... But that doesn't take anything away from one of our best seasons ever. It just didn't end how we had hoped.

CadaverDawg
06-11-2016, 10:20 PM
Nate Lowe, Jake Mangum, & Jack Kruger picked an awful time to turn into shit at the plate too. I wonder what their combined stat line looked like? Mangum had two hits...did Lowe or Kruger even get a hit in the SR?

Skydawg1
06-11-2016, 10:21 PM
our own Super. Another wasted season. Oh well. On to football season.Look no further than Florida baseball to make yourself feel better. They are loaded every year, and year after year fail to win the natty. Worst to first. We'll build on this and get back to Omaha in 2-3 more years.

dawgclub99
06-11-2016, 10:21 PM
Wasted? You need to get over yourself. It was a tremendous season with a disappointing end. Our guys didn't make enough plays the past 48 hours.... But that doesn't take anything away from one of our best seasons ever. It just didn't end how we had hoped.

We play in the SEC. We won the conference. If you think that going 0-2 in our own Super and not going to Omaha is a tremendous season then your expectations are freaking low.

msbulldog
06-11-2016, 10:29 PM
I'm 61 years old, I love my school and I always will. I've been a MSU fan since I was a child and became a MSU freshman in 1973. I have been disappointed many times, but I have enjoyed many good memories. This years Baseball team was special, I was hoping to go to my 2nd CWS. I hope that The Good Lord will allow me to see MSU win a natty before I die.
Don't blame the coaches, players or others for how this season ended, it is what it is. They gave their best effort. They gave us many special moments (SEC champs, 9/10 SEC series).
Tomorrow wake up with a positive attitude and continue to support our school!
Hail State!

Bothrops
06-11-2016, 10:30 PM
I hope every sec team loses

I absolutely hate SEC hand holding homerism pussies. I never want league trash to win a ******* thing. Everytime they do it's just embarrassing and humiliating for us.

**** the SEC!

msstate7
06-11-2016, 10:32 PM

He's an om troll dude. Not sure how he's still here

dawgclub99
06-11-2016, 10:35 PM
He's an om troll dude. Not sure how he's still here

Ah so once again asking for greatness out of our programs makes me a troll. Take off the Maroon and White glasses and expect more out of them.

maroonmania
06-11-2016, 10:38 PM
And they will go 2 and Q next week like we did in 07. That Arizona team was not that good. We had a lot to do with them beating us. Their pitcher yesterday in the first two innings had 6-7 mistake pitches that we fouled or popped up. You can't miss on mistake pitches but we did. We missed on several mistake pitches today and should have had 10 runs instead of 5 but we looked like we were content with 5 runs. Then you have the defensive substitution leaving Rigby, Humphreys, and Smith all in one batter too long. Think about this. If Rooker is still in the game, we sacrifice Collins to second with Robson and Rooker is up with a guy in scoring position and he was 3-3. We had a lot to do with Arizona beating us these last couple of days.

Well then we would have probably gone 2 and Q as well. We just got outhit 25-12 in 2 games by that team.

msstate7
06-11-2016, 10:40 PM
Ah so once again asking for greatness out of our programs makes me a troll. Take off the Maroon and White glasses and expect more out of them.

I rip us as much as anyone. That isn't why you're a troll. You're a troll bc you're a troll

dawgclub99
06-11-2016, 10:44 PM
I rip us as much as anyone. That isn't why you're a troll. You're a troll bc you're a troll

Ah ok. Thanks for the clarification. :rolleyes:

IMissJack
06-11-2016, 10:48 PM
I have to ask if the draft had an affect on some of these guys? Because we did not look motivated at all. It was mentioned in the "Thunder and Lightning" ESPN film that in 85 during Omaha several of our players were drafted and it affects you. Not an excuse, but I'm grasping for something here. I do have to say that our game management was not good, but the play was not good either. The team that played better won.

MarketingBully
06-11-2016, 10:56 PM
I have to ask if the draft had an affect on some of these guys? Because we did not look motivated at all. It was mentioned in the "Thunder and Lightning" ESPN film that in 85 during Omaha several of our players were drafted and it affects you. Not an excuse, but I'm grasping for something here. I do have to say that our game management was not good, but the play was not good either. The team that played better won.

It's effecting everyone which is why SEC is 0-7 and you could see a ton of these shitty underdogs in Omaha. Heck, there could be a BC/Arizona game. LSU is getting shit canned. A&M has come back tonight but not a given to win tomorrow. If you ask me it has had a huge effect on the supers nationwide. Louisville possibly won't make it and Florida might not make it and that is 15+ draft picks from those teams combined. I've never seen the draft happen when the Supers have happened. Usually it is around the CWS. But this does distract. The MLB is the only league that doesn't work with college sports and really doesn't give shit about college baseball.

IMissJack
06-11-2016, 11:00 PM
It's effecting everyone which is why SEC is 0-7 and you could see a ton of these shitty underdogs in Omaha. Heck, there could be a BC/Arizona game. LSU is getting shit canned. A&M has come back tonight but not a given to win tomorrow. If you ask me it has had a huge effect on the supers nationwide. Louisville possibly won't make it and Florida might not make it and that is 15+ draft picks from those teams combined. I've never seen the draft happen when the Supers have happened. Usually it is around the CWS. But this does distract. The MLB is the only league that doesn't work with college sports and really doesn't give shit about college baseball.

I really don't see why MLB could not push the draft back for 2 weeks, it's not like these draft picks are going to go straight to the bigs on draft day;.

bobtail bob
06-12-2016, 12:01 AM
That was brutal. Our guys could take a few notes on poise and clutch from Arizona. I think they are going to be a real tough out in Omaha. This bunch of young bullies just took their lumps and will be better for it I hope.
It's officially football season now