PDA

View Full Version : Lafayette Regional Game 2 Thread: Jackson State Edition

Pages : 1 2 [3]

DawgSaint
05-31-2014, 08:43 PM
Screw Omar we're 3 wins from Omaha

Todd4State
05-31-2014, 08:48 PM
You can forget any apology. Most of their fans didn't even see the game or his comments unless they had it on tv at Morrisons at Metrocenter.

Oh, I'm not holding my breath.

Todd4State
05-31-2014, 08:49 PM

We have bigger buses to burn.

starkvegasdawg
05-31-2014, 08:50 PM

That sounds like a video tsun would make.

DawgSaint
05-31-2014, 08:53 PM
That sounds like a video tsun would make.

Guess you're right

Schultzy
05-31-2014, 08:55 PM
If we win the regional, I'll send Omar a thank you note and some blue shin guards.

Seriously, why didn't we just loan it and not make it public.

I don't blame him for getting chippy with the ESPN interviewer, it seemed condescending and contrived.

RTO Dawg
05-31-2014, 08:58 PM
**** JSU ungrateful pricks.

****ers

quickstrike2
05-31-2014, 09:01 PM
Good win, way to take care of business boys. Got Ross and Lingo ready, hopefully we can take care of business tomorrow. Wouldn't hurt my feelings for JSU to do us another favor.

TheRef
05-31-2014, 09:03 PM
Cohen wins quote of the night...

Ben Wait
@bcwait
Cohen says he wishes he could have Mr. and Mrs. Holder here and ask if they can make another Jonathan Holder.

9:02pm ? 31 May 2014 ? TweetDeck

Pioneer Dawg
05-31-2014, 09:05 PM
We have bigger buses to burn.

Nice

State82
05-31-2014, 09:10 PM
If we win the regional, I'll send Omar a thank you I don't blame him for getting chippy with the ESPN interviewer, it seemed condescending and contrived.

Why would he be chippy? No idea what you are talking about. Whatever, I will forever hope they never win another baseball game unless it directly benefits MSU. Like tomorrow at 1:00.

Schultzy
05-31-2014, 09:22 PM
Why would he be chippy? No idea what you are talking about. Whatever, I will forever hope they never win another baseball game unless it directly benefits MSU. Like tomorrow at 1:00.

Because they had just won a huge game and of course he wants to talk about that and his team, not the embarrassment of having their bus blow up.

CadaverDawg
05-31-2014, 09:29 PM
If we win the regional, I'll send Omar a thank you note and some blue shin guards.

Seriously, why didn't we just loan it and not make it public.

I don't blame him for getting chippy with the ESPN interviewer, it seemed condescending and contrived.

What? Are you serious?

CadaverDawg
05-31-2014, 09:35 PM
Because they had just won a huge game and of course he wants to talk about that and his team, not the embarrassment of having their bus blow up.

So say "yes, MSU was very kind to do that. I am so proud of our guys tonight, yada yada yada."

WE didn't ask him the question, so no need to take a shot at the color of OUR free/donated equipment. If he wants to get mad about the question, fine, but it was a dick move to bash the donation we gave their team. You're off on this one.

DawgSaint
05-31-2014, 09:35 PM
What? Are you serious?

Sadly I think he is

CadaverDawg
05-31-2014, 09:40 PM
If my house burned down, and you gave me a pair of tennis shoes and I won a marathon running in a different pair of shoes that I bought myself....I sure as hell wouldn't say, "well, Schultzy gave me a pair of Adidas and I won the race in Nike's...his didn't work", if asked "so we hear that Schultzy gave you a pair of shoes after your house burned last month, sounds like a good guy, your thoughts?"

Schultzy
05-31-2014, 09:44 PM
So say "yes, MSU was very kind to do that. I am so proud of our guys tonight, yada yada yada."

WE didn't ask him the question, so no need to take a shot at the color of OUR free/donated equipment. If he wants to get mad about the question, fine, but it was a dick move to bash the donation we gave their team. You're off on this one.

Of course that would've been the diplomatic response but he wasn't bashing us or our donation. He's a coach competing in a regional answering questions on the fly.

He could've answered the question better but it's not like he was taking a shot at us. It was a big win for them and at the time he doesn't want to talk about charity and neither would you.

They had just beaten the number one team in the nation at their place in the post season. He wanted to talk about that. Put yourself in a coaches shoes is all I'm saying. It's not like their season was over if we hadn't helped them out. I'm glad we did and all but damn.

CadaverDawg
05-31-2014, 09:48 PM
Of course that would've been the diplomatic response but he wasn't bashing us or our donation. He's a coach competing in a regional answering questions on the fly.

He could've answered the question better but it's not like he was taking a shot at us. It was a big win for them and at the time he doesn't want to talk about charity and neither would you.

They had just beaten the number one team in the nation at their place in the post season. He wanted to talk about that. Put yourself in a coaches shoes is all I'm saying. It's not like their season was over if we hadn't helped them out. I'm glad we did and all but damn.

When asked about MSU's donation of equipment, he said, "It was the wrong color". As if to say, they didn't help us a damn bit bc the equipment was the wrong color. If it's not a shot at us, who the hell is it directed towards?

I don't give a shit if you're a coach or who...if someone asks you that question, you either acknowledge it in a positive way, or dodge it all together by changing the subject. You don't hate on the equipment that was donated. That's bush league. Period.

CadaverDawg
05-31-2014, 09:50 PM
And for the record, him saying it didn't piss me off nearly as bad as someone acting like he was right to say what he said. I expect that kind of shit from JSU. Still doesn't make it right

DawgSaint
05-31-2014, 09:56 PM
And for the record, him saying it didn't piss me off nearly as bad as someone acting like he was right to say what he said. I expect that kind of shit from JSU. Still doesn't make it right

Or to act like he didn't intend for it to be a jab at us...ESPN announcer took nothing away from Jackson State. He was simply giving us credit for helping out. I would have asked his sorry ass why he took it then.

Schultzy
05-31-2014, 10:16 PM
I'm not saying it was right or even handled well. I'm just saying he answered the way he did is because after a win like that he was probably disappointed to have to take a question like that.

He was pissed at the interviewer, not attempting to take a shot at us. It was a poor answer but take it for what it was. Getting all pissed about it is what is bush here.

bluelightstar
05-31-2014, 11:12 PM
You can forget any apology. Most of their fans didn't even see the game or his comments unless they had it on tv at Morrisons at Metrocenter.

at any rate, it'd be nice to see them pull a miracle tomorrow. Instead, I am pretty sure they are going to get drummed.

CadaverDawg
05-31-2014, 11:14 PM

2 fans on twitter proves him wrong?

bluelightstar
05-31-2014, 11:16 PM
2 fans on twitter proves him wrong?

I don't think I understand the question?

preachermatt83
06-01-2014, 12:11 AM
And for the record, him saying it didn't piss me off nearly as bad as someone acting like he was right to say what he said. I expect that from JSU. Still doesn't make it right

Exactly.. does it surprise anyone that the coach at JSU acts like somebody owes him something? Surely Not.